960D0B37-4975-4296-B457-D79FB1D81B47 (resized).jpeg
61435D03-A902-4283-BA80-FB7306792926 (resized).jpeg
20220721_201736 (resized).jpg
Munster Prem BW (resized).JPG
Munster Pro (resized).JPG
Munsters (resized).JPG
CP Munsters (resized).png
P1020573 (resized).JPG

There are 11,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 228.
#10701 7 months ago

So what all has anyone found in the new code update. Like different scenes n call outs n so forth. I got to play some tonight after I installed the new code n notice the lights were really active it was great

#10702 7 months ago
Quoted from CoreyStup:

That's what I was trying to say earlier. Note that its not "constantly" flashing though, it's flashing as long as MYSTERY is lit. As soon as you collect MYSTERY, it goes out as expected. The bug that I missed is that it shouldn't be flashing when MYSTERY is lit until you're playing on the lower playfield.

MYSTERY will light again at 90 CHATTERING TEETH. Note that you can't stack MYSTERY being lit.

Yes, i clearly understand you. . It was just not like this before.. Mystery only use to flash when you entered the lower playfield.. Regardless, this update is still amazing!! Very appreciative.. Many thanks to the coders.

#10703 7 months ago

What's the highest Superjackpot collection anyone has had? I had 60m last night which is probably the highest I've ever had but only had 7 superjackpots ( it goes to 11 now ) and I think 5x was running.

#10704 7 months ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

What's the highest Superjackpot collection anyone has had? I had 60m last night which is probably the highest I've ever had but only had 7 superjackpots ( it goes to 11 now ) and I think 5x was running.

Very nice. My best ever was only 50m!

My best on this latest software version 20m.

#10705 7 months ago
Quoted from dashv:

Quoted from dashv:

Every time I start building jackpots I’ll get 4-5 then bam drain 3 quick I’m like what the crap but God I love this game it seems the lights are going even more crazy the further u get lol

#10706 7 months ago

Wow!!! Didn't visit the thread for a week, and bam!, another code drop!!!

Huge thanks for giving this great game even more love.....

#10707 7 months ago
Quoted from Kevlar:What's the highest Superjackpot collection anyone has had? I had 60m last night which is probably the highest I've ever had but only had 7 superjackpots ( it goes to 11 now ) and I think 5x was running.

I got an 80 something super on the last code before these new updates though.

#10708 7 months ago

From what I’ve seen, you can relight Mystery more than once and collect it on the lower playfield. That has nothing to do with the other Chattering Teeth awards, which are either automatically awarded, or collected at the scoop.
You can have something going on and not be able to collect certain awards. I got to 130 teeth and Monster Madness became available and took priority over Secret Mania. I had to get to 260 teeth before I could actually play Secret Mania.

#10709 7 months ago

Question about the Stern Munsters Topper. The Raven mechanism in mine is not working properly. Would best describe it as being sticky, such that Raven and the door get stuck part way out when they should be fully retracted. It has gotten to the point where Raven and the door are always permanently 1/2 way out. I suspect this question has been asked before. Can someone point me in the right direction to a solution? Also need to know how much of the topper I would need to take apart to work on this issue. Thanks.

#10710 7 months ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

Question about the Stern Munsters Topper. The Raven mechanism in mine is not working properly. Would best describe it as being sticky, such that Raven and the door get stuck part way out when they should be fully retracted. It has gotten to the point where Raven and the door are always permanently 1/2 way out. I suspect this question has been asked before. Can someone point me in the right direction to a solution? Also need to know how much of the topper I would need to take apart to work on this issue. Thanks.

That was a common problem on the first run. There's some discussion on the topic way back maybe some of the authors can steer you to the post number of the start of the discussion.

#10711 7 months ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

I found the problem: a fractured spring on the coil seen in the first and second photos. Will replace with another spring - not the exact replacement, but I think this is close enough and will work (on the left in the third photo). Now to put it back together!

IMG_3830 (resized).jpegIMG_3831 (resized).jpegIMG_3832 (resized).jpeg
#10712 7 months ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

I found the problem: a fractured spring on the coil seen in the first and second photos. Will replace with another spring - not the exact replacement, but I think this is close enough and will work (on the left in the third photo). Now to put it back together![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s great. I wish I could find a topper that wasn’t 1500$. Lol

#10713 7 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Would be nice to see another run on toppers....

And another run of machines.

#10714 6 months ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

And another run of machines.

No doubt… if anyone with a pro is looking to leave the club… PM me

#10715 6 months ago

5 wanted ads for Munsters in the market place right now.

#10716 6 months ago

I have a pro …. I want these updates but not much of a “tech” to install . I’m old lol . Is it easy ?

#10717 6 months ago
Quoted from HC2016:

I have a pro …. I want these updates but not much of a “tech” to install . I’m old lol . Is it easy ?

Super easy, instructions behind the translite on a sticker in the backbox. Or in the manual which came with the game.

#10718 6 months ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

I found the problem: a fractured spring on the coil seen in the first and second photos. Will replace with another spring - not the exact replacement, but I think this is close enough and will work (on the left in the third photo). Now to put it back together![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’d clean and add a new coil sleeve while at it.

#10719 6 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

That’s great. I wish I could find a topper that wasn’t 1500$. Lol

Lol some one has one listed for $2500 that’s not $1500.

#10720 6 months ago

I’ve got a problem wanted to see if anyone had a idea what is wrong.
My right flipper in bottom play field on my Munsters premium will stick sometimes it will stay up n I’ll tap it a couple of times n it goes back. It’s almost like it gets stuck any ideas I appreciate any help thanks so much.

#10721 6 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

My right flipper in bottom play field on my Munsters premium will stick sometimes it will stay up n I’ll tap it a couple of times n it goes back. It’s almost like it gets stuck any ideas I appreciate any help thanks so much.

First thing I would do is make sure my flipper buttons are returning...I have had issues where they tend to bind and stay depressed until they pop back...then go from there, lift the playfield and check and make sure the specific flipper mech isn't binding and has free movement.

#10722 6 months ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

Update: I thought I had solved the problem using a different spring that I thought would provide a little more strength to the door return but that has already failed after just a few minutes - back to square one. Pictured is the clock door stuck half way out as before, and the spring I tried as a replacement to the broken original one. Believe I need a stiffer spring that will close the door better. Any suggestions (part number would be helpful) would be appreciated.

IMG_3834 (resized).jpegIMG_3835 (resized).jpeg
#10723 6 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I had the left flipper on the mini PF returning slowly, found nothing wrong with the mech and discovered the flipper rubber was touching the PF plastic as shown.

lab flipper (resized).PNG
#10724 6 months ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

Update: I thought I had solved the problem using a different spring that I thought would provide a little more strength to the door return but that has already failed after just a few minutes - back to square one. Pictured is the clock door stuck half way out as before, and the spring I tried as a replacement to the broken original one. Believe I need a stiffer spring that will close the door better. Any suggestions (part number would be helpful) would be appreciated.
[quoted image][quoted image]

So have you looked at exactly why it stays open? I mean, is it caught on anything or a burr somewhere causing it to hang up? Or if you push it closed with your finger, does it just need an extra little bit of help?

#10725 6 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

So have you looked at exactly why it stays open? I mean, is it caught on anything or a burr somewhere causing it to hang up? Or if you push it closed with your finger, does it just need an extra little bit of help?

It just seems to need extra help. I don’t think it is catching on anything. I believe a stiffer spring would be in order.

#10726 6 months ago

Seems my Raven no longer pops out since the updates. Anyone else having that issue?

#10727 6 months ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

It just seems to need extra help. I don’t think it is catching on anything. I believe a stiffer spring would be in order.

In my neck of the woods, the Do It Best and Ace hardware stores carries a HUGE selection of screws/bolts/nuts/springs/misc gizmos, etc. Maybe you can try one of those places to find a spring better suited.

#10728 6 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Seems my Raven no longer pops out since the updates. Anyone else having that issue?

No issues here... My Raven is popping out of the clock during Raven taunts, and Raven countdowns.

#10729 6 months ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

First thing I would do is make sure my flipper buttons are returning...I have had issues where they tend to bind and stay depressed until they pop back...then go from there, lift the playfield and check and make sure the specific flipper mech isn't binding and has free movement.

Thanks so much I will check that out.

#10730 6 months ago
Quoted from oldpins:

I had the left flipper on the mini PF returning slowly, found nothing wrong with the mech and discovered the flipper rubber was touching the PF plastic as shown.
[quoted image]

I will look at that to thanks so much.

#10731 6 months ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Easy peasy. But a couple of tricky parts if non technical.

I walk through it here on stranger things. But process is the same for Munsters.

I even take some time to gush over Munsters while ST updates.

Minute 4.21 is when I get into how to download updates onto a flash drive and install them on your game.

#10732 6 months ago

I don't come here much since I sold my Munsters. Looks like things are starting to make you all happy.

But I have not seen any mention here that Lyman Sheats passed on today.

for anybody who might be interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-lyman

#10733 6 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I don't come here much since I sold my Munsters. Looks like things are starting to make you all happy.

Yea I seen this on different sites he was a good one. I wonder if he was sick or was it just all of a sudden he wasn’t really up in age I don’t think. Just a sad day all around.

#10734 6 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It is a terrible, terrible loss the community has suffered. Still can't really believe it.

Munsters is cranking now w new code, those that bailed...their loss

....I've dismantled and reassembled the topper 3 times ( early days when they had a team assigned to it)...works fine w new code...I have some ideas w those struggling w its performance, particularly the door ....not the spring....

Just sort of playing tonight, as it feels we just lost a piece of our hobby today....tech talk later ( it's up in the thread here somewhere as well)...sorry

#10735 6 months ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

Read my findings in post 8152 and take a look at my post 8169 for a close up pic. Your issue is not the return spring but the door and raven glide binding up.

#10736 6 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

It is a terrible, terrible loss the community has suffered. Still can't really believe it.
Munsters is cranking now w new code, those that bailed...their loss
....I've dismantled and reassembled the topper 3 times ( early days when they had a team assigned to it)...works fine w new code...I have some ideas w those struggling w its performance, particularly the door ....not the spring....
Just sort of playing tonight, as it feels we just lost a piece of our hobby today....tech talk later ( it's up in the thread here somewhere as well)...sorry

Apologies for being harsh last night in my response....was just sort of in shock (still am a bit) to think that he's really gone....feels like a part of our hobby died, so was in a weird frame of mind.

Munsters is an amazing game (easily one of my favorites from a theme, fun factor perspective), and really got involved w the topper build, sorting through stuff with the (then) factory team assigned to it. Round 1 was horrid, after end-user input, round 2 behaved really well, and last run I've heard are solid.

- I have noticed no change in my topper activity since either of the latest code releases. Actually thought it was keeping better time, but probably just plecebo effect....

- as johnnypinball posted, the biggest cause of the door binding (or not opening/ closing fully) lies in the glide, wire alignment (sometimes it was put on backward or just needs a bit of a bend), and/ or the hinge itself sticking slightly ( a touch of powder graphite on the door pin works great there).

- It's one of my favorite and most truly interactive toppers Stern has offered, and best of luck sorting through it.....

- A tip I'd recommend (from not doing it the first time) - take the topper off the game, just 4 screws, before starting to make adjustments. Lots of moving pieces, little screws in that thing, and a little tweak goes a long way. Hard to do on a ladder, at least for me.

#10737 6 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

- A tip I'd recommend (from not doing it the first time) - take the topper off the game, just 4 screws, before starting to make adjustments. Lots of moving pieces, little screws in that thing, and a little tweak goes a long way. Hard to do on a ladder, at least for me.

This ^^^^^

#10738 6 months ago

Joint the Munster club today

76137E06-5194-42D8-ACDF-1F7BACEA797C (resized).jpegCB9FBB96-DDB3-4EEC-8F66-3ADE3B0C8933 (resized).jpeg
#10739 6 months ago
Quoted from EricPinball:

welcome to the club

#10740 6 months ago

Anyone else having trouble downloading the 1.11 SD code update from Stern’s site?

I can download the read me no prob

When I try and download the 1.11 SD code I get to the EULA and check the agree box, then click download. The browser cycles for about 3min and comes back failed.

I’ve pulled SD code from sterns site several times in the past and never had this prob. Anyone else having an issue today?

#10741 6 months ago
Quoted from johnnypinball:

Read my findings in post 8152 and take a look at my post 8169 for a close up pic. Your issue is not the return spring but the door and raven glide binding up.

johnnypinball - you were exactly right. I indeed did have a burr at the edge of the metal rail the nylon glide rides on which caused the glide to hang up a bit. I ground it off with a Dremel and that seems to have solved the problem without changing out the spring. I put a tiny amount of WD-40 on the door hinges too. The only thing I thought I noticed in playing a few games since was it seemed like I wasn't seeing Raven counting down 5-4-3-2-1 with door openings and closings every second during the last 5 seconds on the lower playfield, but I'm not sure about that yet (was that changed in the recent code update? - I'm on 1.11 now). Seemed like it just opened once and stayed open for 5 seconds. Anyway, at least the door seems to be closing decently when it is supposed to. Thanks again.

Photos show before and after grinding off the metal rail edge burr.
IMG_3838 (resized).jpegIMG_3840 (resized).jpeg

#10742 6 months ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

johnnypinball - you were exactly right. I indeed did have a burr at the edge of the metal rail the nylon glide rides on which caused the glide to hang up a bit. I ground it off with a Dremel and that seems to have solved the problem without changing out the spring. I put a tiny amount of WD-40 on the door hinges too. The only thing I thought I noticed in playing a few games since was it seemed like I wasn't seeing Raven counting down 5-4-3-2-1 with door openings and closings every second during the last 5 seconds on the lower playfield, but I'm not sure about that yet (was that changed in the recent code update? - I'm on 1.11 now). Seemed like it just opened once and stayed open for 5 seconds. Anyway, at least the door seems to be closing decently when it is supposed to. Thanks again.
Photos show before and after grinding off the metal rail edge burr.

Excellent!! Glad you got it working smoothly!

#10743 6 months ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Anyone else having trouble downloading the 1.11 SD code update from Stern’s site?
I can download the read me no prob
When I try and download the 1.11 SD code I get to the EULA and check the agree box, then click download. The browser cycles for about 3min and comes back failed.
I’ve pulled SD code from sterns site several times in the past and never had this prob. Anyone else having an issue today?

have you tried the direct download links:
pro:
https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/munsters_pro-1_11_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw.zip
prem/le:
https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/munsters_le-1_11_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw.zip

i hope this works.

#10744 6 months ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

spring. I put a tiny amount of WD-40 on the door hinges too.

WD-40 is not a lubricant and can start gumming up. Sewing machine oil would be the better choice for a hinge.

#10745 6 months ago
Quoted from EricPinball:

Man that’s great it’s a great pin there’s all kinds of mods that really bring even more to it. I just installed pin stadium lights n wow absolutely beautiful.

#10746 6 months ago

Thanks for the links. I click on these and the website cycles and cycles. Is anyone else able to download these from these links?

#10747 6 months ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Thanks for the links. I click on these and the website cycles and cycles. Is anyone else able to download these from these links?

Yes works fine. Are you sure its not downloading in the background?

#10748 6 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Yes works fine. Are you sure its not downloading in the background?

Good thought, but I checked and no download. Just kept getting a failure screen.

Just tried again and it downloaded fine.

Version 1.11 up and running great!

Thanks JMCFAN

#10749 6 months ago

Hello Fellow Munsters Owners - Need some help. I was going to update my Premium machine to 1.10 and started a full update and it started blinking showing the resume update and then the Stern logo. So I turned the machine off and now when I turn it on - the display is blank. All the LEDs on the board are lit but nothing is happening. I have updated my other Sterns with quick updates but decided to go full after reading the forum for this update and never had an issue before and used the same USB Stick. Hopefully I did mess something up big time. Could somebody suggest some troubleshooting before I call Stern tomorrow?

Thank You - Very Much Appreciated - Jeff

#10750 6 months ago

I'd reflash the sd card using a clean image. Sounds like something got corrupted.

Images and info on how to do it is here

https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 11,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 228.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!