IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg

There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 237.
#10651 2 years ago

Woo new code just dropped!

#10652 2 years ago

Deleted.

#10653 2 years ago

Online PDF of adjustments and installs:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/The-Munsters-Installs-and-Adjustments.pdf

LE/PREMIUM V1.11 - JANUARY 18, 2022
===================================
FIXED:
- You can no longer start more than one player when playing a Challenge mode.
- Removed a small flash of the score display after COUCH POTATO CHALLENGE
TOTAL was displayed.
- (PRE/LE) - When disabled the MINI PLAYFIELD no longer kicks out balls during
MUNSTER MADNESS. Fixed all other issues if the lower playfield is disabled.
- Fixed an issue where KITTY would sometimes award RAVEN LIT when it
shouldn't.

NEW:
- Changed how the 4 teeth mini-targets work. They now only give chattering
teeth. When a target is not lit it will award 1 Chattering Teeth and begin
timing out. While its timing out the light will blink faster and faster. If
it times out the light will go out. If you hit it while its timing out you
will get 2 teeth and the light will stop timing out and go out.
- Changed how Chattering Teeth work and what lights Grandpa's Laboratory on
the PREM/LE
- Chattering Teeth now works from a fixed schedule awarding various items
- Added Super Teeth to Chattering Teeth. When you run out of awards you will
receive Super Teeth (points) every 100 teeth collected.
- Here is the schedule:
- 12 - BONUS MULTIPLIER (PRO) - GRANDPAS LABORATORY (PREM/LE)
- 24 - LIGHT SUPER JACKPOT
- 36 - BONUS MULTIPLER
- 48 - LIGHT ENLARGEMENT RAY
- 60 - BONUS MULTIPLER
- 75 - ADVANCE PLAYFIELD MULTIPLIER
- 90 - LIGHT MYSTERY
- 110 - LIGHT EXTRA BALL
- 130 - LIGHT SECRET MANIA
- 160 - LIGHT CHATTERING TEETH SUPER JACKPOT
- 200 - BONUS MULTIPLIER (PRO) - GRANDPAS LABORATORY (PREM/LE)
- 250 - AWARD SUPER TEETH (points)
- 300 - AWARD SUPER TEETH (points)
- 400+ AWARD SUPER TEETH (points)
- Each time you start Munster Madness you will restart the list from the
beginning.

- The GAME OVER display after MATCH now has an animated background.

- Added speech:
Eddie champion
Marilyn champion
SJP champion
Midnight Madness champion
Munster Madness Level 2 completed
All super jackpots are lit
Munster Madness Level 2 Ready
Secret Mania introduction
Couch Potato Challenge win/lose
MYSTERY is lit
RAVEN lit, starting and complete
LILY JACKPOT

- Added light effect and speech when KITTY is lit.
- Added lamp effects to MULTIPLIER inserts when starting or adding time.
- Audits added for SECRET MANIA and COUCH POTATO CHALLENGE.
- (PRE/LE) - Added light show to THE MACHINE shots.
- Added SUPER SPINNER sound effects.
- Added sound effects when hitting SPOT in SPOT mode.

TWEAKED:
- Removed the adjustment STARTING GRANDPA TARGETS NEEDED since its not needed
with the new rules.
- Increased the Super Jackpot multipliers as you stack more and more. Also
increased the base and increment levels of Super Jackpot.
- Stopped Enlarging Ray while any multiball is running. If you light it, it
will be lit after the multiball is over.
- CHATTERING TEETH are not awarded during a Madness or COUCH POTATO.
- (PRE/LE) - When MYSTERY is LIT and the lower playfield is disabled,
GRANDPA's LABORATORY lamp insert on the upper playfield will blink.
- Secret Mania will no longer start during a multiball.
- ENLARGING RAY can no longer stack with any other mode or Multiball
- Music, sound and speech volume levels adjusted.
- Tweaked the timing of the Super Jackpot blinking to help show how many you
have lit.
- Adjusted SHOOT AGAIN speech timing.
- Added sound effects to MYSTERY.

MOVED TO SYSTEM 3.03:
Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.83.0

#10654 2 years ago

These changes are wild. It’s like a whole new game.

I still hope they find a way to work in Secret Madness triggered by more than Mystery.

It’s nice to see this game getting further love and refinement.

#10655 2 years ago

Like my Grand Mother said “Good things come to those who wait “ .

#10656 2 years ago

Yes, V1.11 just dropped!! Woo Hoo!! Thank you Stern!!

#10657 2 years ago

Interesting... After the update, right away, i noticed the Red "?" In the lower playfield now constantly flashes. Are you guys noticing the same??

#10658 2 years ago

Oh yes yes new code update I’m pumped can u tell lol. Stern was listening to us again a lot of people were talking about the multipliers weren’t scoreing enough. It’s been addressed n more speech call outs through the game. This is what we all have been waiting on to make this one of the best pins ever. Thanks STERN for SHOWING SOME LOVE FOR OUR MUNSTERS ONCE AGAIN. Love this game

#10659 2 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Interesting... After the update, right away, i noticed the Red "?" In the lower playfield now constantly flashes. Are you guys noticing the same??

Man I wish I had a computer here at the house to download the new code update I’ll have to wait till I get to my office tomorrow at work. This is fantastic

#10660 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I still hope they find a way to work in Secret Madness triggered by more than Mystery.

- 130 - LIGHT SECRET MANIA

SECRET MANIA lites from MYSTERY and by collecting 130 or more CHATTERING TEETH.

#10661 2 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Yes I think it means you have a mystery award available.

Continues to impress. More call outs, more special affects, saw a new end scene. Now if only coach potato is part of game play. What a great mode.

#10662 2 years ago

Deleted

#10663 2 years ago

Just finished a couple games and got my highest score ever. Collected 60 chattering teeth. I got some practicing to do to collect secret mania!

#10664 2 years ago

Big thanks to you Dwight Xaqery for finally giving our fab Munsters the love it deserves! You’ve come through for us and your legend lives on!!!

(I own most all your games and glad I stuck with Munsters. )

#10665 2 years ago

Just installed the new Munsters Code for my LE. The last update they took a game desperate for a code update and gave Munsters new life as a pinball machine. This update infuses more goodness onto Munsters and it's got a couple bells and whistles that make the game more enjoyable. I hope they keep these updates coming.....Munsters is starting to become a pretty enjoyable pinball machine right now. Congratulations to anyone who held onto this pinball machine....I think you will enjoy the new code.

#10666 2 years ago

New update is great! Wound up with a new GC score, 260+ chattering teeth, Secret Mania and got past Level 2 Munster Madness.

0A735DD7-FD1E-49DE-8437-9E873A0B1682 (resized).jpeg0A735DD7-FD1E-49DE-8437-9E873A0B1682 (resized).jpeg

#10667 2 years ago

Grandpa’s lab light show and the call outs! WOW!

(Now these are the kind of details we’ve always been looking for! Just a little more of this kind of treatment and its getting to be BEST CODE EVER!! )

#10668 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

(Now these are the kind of details we’ve always been looking for! Just a little more of this kind of treatment and its getting to be BEST CODE EVER!! )

Man I’m jealous lol I haven’t got to download the code yet. I’m headed to work right now n download it can’t wait to see all what your talking about I’m excited n I believe we will probably get at least one more when they do insider connect update what you think. Which don’t get me wrong I’m grateful n extremely happy with the two we have got. THANKS DWIGHT U ARE TRULY MAKING MUNSTERS ONE OF THE BEST PINS.

#10669 2 years ago

I updated our route munsters to 1.10 and put a few games on normal and couch potato, super fun! My owner friend noticed lots of new assets too. I loved the game before but this is a thick layer of icing couch potato is a fun challenge! I love having the option for that. Now I need to get back and update to 1.11

#10670 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

When 1.10 dropped, Dwight commented there would be at least one more update to put in the connectivity feature. Since no connectivity in 1.11, it is possible that another drop will occur. Seems like the team has been listening to the comments at least on this thread (Multiple ways to light mystery, Enlargement Ray running with everything, Secret Mania activated during game play,Etc.). We should keep the ideas flowing. Who knows, we may give the team more ideas they can/will utilize.

Once again, Please make Couch Potato part of game play. Possibly add Midnight Madness to be played similar to how couch Potato is now or else part of game play somehow .

#10671 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

When 1.10 dropped, Dwight commented there would be at least one more update to put in the connectivity feature. Since no connectivity in 1.11, it is possible that another drop will occur. Seems like the team has been listening to the comments at least on this thread (Multiple ways to light mystery, Enlargement Ray running with everything, Secret Mania activated during game play,Etc.). We should keep the ideas flowing. Who knows, we may give the team more ideas they can/will utilize.
Once again, Please make Couch Potato part of game play. Possibly add Midnight Madness to be played similar to how couch Potato is now or else part of game play somehow .

@xagery and Stern team, thanks for 1.10 and 1.11 really adds polish to the game!

Insider connected I think will make an excellent top off! My family appreciates all the time and attention added to this game.

Please consider adding one or more of these modes as selectable on game start:
Midnight madness (as a time trial)
Secret mania (as a time trial)
Some kind of selectable co-op mode like TMNT has.

With or without these suggestions, loving this game even more than before. It is much more immersive now.

#10672 2 years ago

I seriously can’t believe how jam packed the game seems now. The 1.11 chattering teeth logic is (no pun intended) game changing.

In 1.10 it was just kinda there. But now in 1.11 it’s got real purpose. Like it was always supposed to be there.

#10673 2 years ago

These changes really are game changers. I'm finally going to have to change up my strategy and it really makes you think. Plowing thru to munster madness may not be the best idea anymore. Really appreciative of Dwight and teams focus on this. It really does address a lot of the complaints I had. Now to go get some more games in.

#10674 2 years ago

Totally disagree about midnight madness and couch potato being part of the actual game. MM is on a few games like GB and JY and that's where it needs to stay,only at midnight if you want to play it more change your clock.CP is a fun mini mode like on Tmnt with half shell challenge and also imo is right where it should be.

#10675 2 years ago

Would be nice to see another run on toppers....

#10676 2 years ago

Ok, This is just too weird... Upon starting a new game.. The lower playfield's "?" (Question mark) is now continuously flashing Red and the timer is displaying "10" until i release the ball then the time changes to "--" marks.. Is my code glitched in some way?? The "?" continuously flashing was not there before.
20220119_112642 (resized).jpg20220119_112642 (resized).jpg

#10677 2 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:Ok, This is just too weird... Upon starting a new game.. The lower playfield's "?" (Question mark) is now continuously flashing Red and the timer is displaying "10" until i release the ball then the time changes to "--" marks.. Is my code glitched in some way?? It was not doing this before.
[quoted image]

Yeah mine was doing the same just after code update.

#10678 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Was doing or still is? I will wait on code update a bit.....

#10679 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Ok, Thank you for checking.. It just seems odd now.. As the lower playfield is not in play.. The "?" light should not be lit and constantly flashing.

*On a plus note.. I noticed the audio at turn off does not make that harsh speaker pop noise anymore.

#10680 2 years ago

Will check again later today. Updated late last pm, then played a few games to appreciate changes and noted the quirk.

#10681 2 years ago

Hey guys, so glad you're enjoying the latest release!

The issue with the MYSTERY light blinking on the lower playfield is a bit of a feature. While it shouldn't be blinking when you're not playing on the lower playfield it's lit because MYSTERY is lit.

Thanks!

#10682 2 years ago
Quoted from CoreyStup:

Hey guys, so glad you're enjoying the latest release!
The issue with the MYSTERY light blinking on the lower playfield is a bit of a feature. While it shouldn't be blinking when you're not playing on the lower playfield it's lit because MYSTERY is lit.
Thanks!

Hi Yes, it shouldn't be blinking but it is (all the time) even when your not playing the lower playfield its blinking.. So this must be a new bug within v1.11 then.. Stern can easily confirm this.. Still, very grateful and appreciative for this new code.

#10683 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Totally disagree about midnight madness and couch potato being part of the actual game. MM is on a few games like GB and JY and that's where it needs to stay,only at midnight if you want to play it more change your clock.CP is a fun mini mode like on Tmnt with half shell challenge and also imo is right where it should be.

Can’t change the clock on route.

And while I understand what you are saying. The reason I disagree is because folks biggest complaint about Munsters has been lack of variety and depth in the code.

So to have a handle full of nice modes only available by pure chance (or while many venues are closed) seems to be more punishing to a game like Munsters. Folks walked away thinking there was less to the game than there actually was.

Adding chomper rewards and secret mania as a chomper reward is a great and welcome change because many more people who play get to experience them and judge based on that deeper experience.

whether or not couch potato goes in, I don’t mind either way. Midnight madness in this case I think could fit in normal gameplay because of the raven clock and the magic of midnight being a common Halloween/horror trope.

If all we got for the next update was Stern Insider Connected, I won’t complain.

What we got in 1.11 is awesome.

But I won’t stop suggesting things either as long as I know they are watching.

#10684 2 years ago

I do agree midnight madness would work well as a mode and could fit in nice as a wizard mode for beating munster madness 3 or completing enough spinners or completing a set amount in all 3 super spinners,super pops and super orbits.

#10685 2 years ago

Why can’t midnight madness just be what it is?

Probably the funnest mode for guests to play.

#10686 2 years ago

Ops can also set the time so midnight madness hits at noon or any other time they choose. I have mine set for 8pm as that is usually when a friend would run into it

#10687 2 years ago

Well since we are asking . Make it owner selectable in the code. Default settings: MM and CP are modes like they are now. Owner can select one or both as part of the code settings to be part of game play somehow. That way everyone wins .

#10688 2 years ago

IMO.... Midnight Madness is Awesome and perfect just the way it is... Why, Because it happens at Midnight!! Its a Midnight feature that is "Unique" to this machine.

#10689 2 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

IMO.... Midnight Madness is Awesome and perfect just the way it is... Why, Because it happens at Midnight!! Its a Midnight feature that is "Unique" to this machine.

not to this pin only... more than few of Dwight pins have this
but than yes, i agree with you

#10690 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Well since we are asking . Make it owner selectable in the code. Default settings: MM and CP are modes like they are now. Owner can select one or both as part of the code settings to be part of game play somehow. That way everyone wins .

Settings for the chomper awards would be cool too.

Also ponies. We need ponies.

All differences of opinion on features aside. I love the 180 change in tone of this thread since the code updates.

Not from those of us that stayed the course but all the hate and negativity that was being slung from the “worste code of all time” crowd is thankfully gone. At least for a season.

#10691 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

All differences of opinion on features aside. I love the 180 change in tone of this thread since the code updates.
Not from those of us that stayed the course but all the hate and negativity that was being slung from the “worste code of all time” crowd is thankfully gone. At least for a season.

Agreed in tone .

But ponies…… Now that is a good idea .

#10692 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I agree with you it’s great to see so many people talking positive about Munsters again. It truly is a beautiful n great pin now with 2 code updates it has really brought it to another level. I hope everyone goes back n rates it again and bring it way up the ladder on the 100 list.

#10693 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

*Update.... That light should not be constantly flashing, especially when the lower playfield is inactive.. I sent Stern a Technical v1.11 bug report.. They are aware of it and will get back to me.

20220119_112642 (resized).jpg20220119_112642 (resized).jpg

#10694 2 years ago

Now if we can get more than one mystery per game, in fact a mystery award at minimum for each level of MM would be interesting. Midnight Madness as a mystery award 2nd level of MM would be quite fun too!

#10695 2 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Update.... That light should not be constantly flashing, especially when the lower playfield is inactive.. I sent Stern a Technical v1.11 bug complaint.. They are aware of it and will get back to me.

That's what I was trying to say earlier. Note that its not "constantly" flashing though, it's flashing as long as MYSTERY is lit. As soon as you collect MYSTERY, it goes out as expected. The bug that I missed is that it shouldn't be flashing when MYSTERY is lit until you're playing on the lower playfield.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Now if we can get more than one mystery per game

MYSTERY will light again at 90 CHATTERING TEETH. Note that you can't stack MYSTERY being lit.

- 90 - LIGHT MYSTERY

#10696 2 years ago
Quoted from CoreyStup:

That's what I was trying to say earlier. Note that its not "constantly" flashing though, it's flashing as long as MYSTERY is lit. As soon as you collect MYSTERY, it goes out as expected. The bug that I missed is that it shouldn't be flashing when MYSTERY is lit until you're playing on the lower playfield.

MYSTERY will light again at 90 CHATTERING TEETH. Note that you can't stack MYSTERY being lit.

What does it mean in this case “can’t stack” ? Does that mean that if you are in a another mode at the time it skips over it? Or just that it won’t be available until the other mode completes?

#10697 2 years ago

Stacking modes is when you play more than one at a time.

Quoted from dashv:

What does it mean in this case “can’t stack” ? Does that mean that if you are in a mother mode at the time it skips over it? Or just that it won’t be available until the other mode completes?

#10698 2 years ago
Quoted from CoreyStup:

Thanks! I wonder if there is a way to begin a Dragula mode upon the completion of lighting up all the Dragula lights?

I know it does this currently: Dragula - Landing in the Dragula lane will collect a bunch of small mystery awards: increasing the bonus multiplier, points (dependent on progress that has been made on the DRAGULA target), and “boosting” characters to make their modes score more. 5x can be qualified at the Dragula lane either by completing DRAGULA or by shooting the lane a short time after it had been shot earlier.

But in addition to the above current rules, could there be an actual dragula mode using the PF for making dragula shots with Munsters Grandpa/Herman dragula scene video incorporated into the mode? Would be another cool mode to include if at all possible and it would fit right in with the overall theme of the dragula corner.

#10699 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

What does it mean in this case “can’t stack” ? Does that mean that if you are in a mother mode at the time it skips over it? Or just that it won’t be available until the other mode completes?

Only one mystery lit at a time. If you have one currently lit when you hit 90 you get nothing so collect those mysteries is my guess.

#10700 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Only one mystery lit at a time. If you have one currently lit when you hit 90 you get nothing so collect those mysteries is my guess.

Ah that makes sense. I was hoping it didn’t mean it’s possible to skip a new one being awarded just because another mode was in play.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Machine - For Sale
Mishawaka, IN
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/214 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.