pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 237.
#10551 2 years ago

I took the glass off and did some testing. Here's what I found with grandpa

1. If you start off the game like in the old code by shooting the two inside targets and then any of them, Grandpa will light but not be ready yet. You still have to get to 15 targets before enlarging ray is actually ready to go. This resets once munster madness is hit.

2. If you qualify grandpa via the chattering teeth while in a mode and shoot the scoop, enlarging ray will start. It's almost useless though as you can't see any of the lights for the grandpa mode. This goes for all modes and multiballs including munster madness.

3. If you start grandpa while in munster madness when you are done with munster madness grandpa will be complete for the next go of it. Since in multiballs a lot of targets are hit this is almost a guarantee to happen.

4. Chattering teeth appears to continue cycling between the playfield multi, bonus, and enlarging ray as you get farther in the game. It looks like you only get the extra ball once thru that mechanism

So it appears that there is some old code for grandpa still in there just not actually working. They might want to pause chattering teeth while in munster madness to reduce grandpa starting up there.

An idea for chattering teeth... Maybe after collecting the extra ball use that spot in the next level to relight mystery for MM 2 on.

#10552 2 years ago

I've been meaning to ask you guys.... When you turn off your munster's pinball machine does the audio let out a pop noise from the speakers? Is so, is this considered normal behavior? Besides that, the games audio is perfect.

#10553 2 years ago

All of my games are controlled by a switch, when I turn them off it sounds like an explosion. Totally normal.

Quoted from Jnyvio:

I've been meaning to ask you guys.... When you turn off your munster's pinball machine does the audio let out a pop noise from the speakers? Is so, is this considered normal behavior? Besides that, the games audio is perfect.

#10554 2 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Same sound on mine as well and even louder since I’ve added extra amps to upper and lower speakers, lol.

#10555 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Same sound on mine as well and even louder since I’ve added extra amps to upper and lower speakers, lol.

Ok, lol... Thank you!!

#10556 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

All of my games are controlled by a switch, when I turn them off it sounds like an explosion. Totally normal.

Ok, Thank you!!

#10557 2 years ago

I've got a bunch of people coming over this coming week to play pins and I've decided to revert munsters back to the previous release. Hopefully they fix the issues with enlarging ray in the insider connected release otherwise I'll probably stay on the old release. Enlarging ray is just running all the time now and when it does it's just not fun stacked with the multiball modes.

#10558 2 years ago
Quoted from Malibro:

This game is at #105 of the top 100.....hahahaha. All those who don't own it or played it about 3 times on location don't seem to like it......it's their good right of course.
Imho it is one of the most beautiful and entertaining family pins ever....PPA....pure pinball art. The new code adds extra dimensions and more fun.[quoted image]

Pinside’s failed “Manipulators False 100” is completely bogus and Munsters listed at #105 is proof of that. In any real persons world, Munsters is easily a top 10 game and would have been there if not for code hold out (whatever the reason) being so long. Munsters has Universal monster theme, beloved TV series, top artwork (voted best), awesome Borg layout design, best toy in all of pinball, with a lower complete mini pinball machine on its own. Some of the most unique return ramps in all of pinball. Exciting pinball moments in the code.

#10559 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I've got a bunch of people coming over this coming week to play pins and I've decided to revert munsters back to the previous release. Hopefully they fix the issues with enlarging ray in the insider connected release otherwise I'll probably stay on the old release. Enlarging ray is just running all the time now and when it does it's just not fun stacked with the multiball modes.

I’ve not seen this on my premium n haven’t heard anyone else talk about this. So far I’m liking everything pretty good.

#10560 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I’ve not seen this on my premium n haven’t heard anyone else talk about this. So far I’m liking everything pretty good.

I've got the pro and others have noticed these issues with grandpa mode. Plus I'd rather have the secret mania as the code so I can play it if I want. I've.played a bunch of games now and not seen it from mystery

#10561 2 years ago

I've got the pro and others have noticed these issues with grandpa mode. Plus I'd rather have the secret mania as the code so I can play it if I want. I've.played a bunch of games now and not seen it from mystery

Yea I went back n reread a bunch of the post n it seems it’s on the pro so it must be something not right in the pro update wouldn’t u think. I talked to a few other friends of mine that have premium s n there not seeing it either kinda strange. Lol

#10562 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Pinside’s failed “Manipulators False 100” is completely bogus and Munsters listed at #105 is proof of that. In any real persons world, Munsters is easily a top 10 game and would have been there if not for code hold out (whatever the reason) being so long. Munsters has Universal monster theme, beloved TV series, top artwork (voted best), awesome Borg layout design, best toy in all of pinball, with a lower complete mini pinball machine on its own. Some of the most unique return ramps in all of pinball. Exciting pinball moments in the code.

I totally agree with you And there’s a bunch of pins on 100 list that are no way better than Munsters in my opinion

#10563 2 years ago

I was watching some vids of the game and noticed the knocker sound . I have reached some high scores and XTR balls and no knocker sound .
Went thru the settings and its on .
What am I missing ?

#10564 2 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

I was watching some vids of the game and noticed the knocker sound . I have reached some high scores and XTR balls and no knocker sound .
Went thru the settings and its on .
What am I missing ?

i think you will get the knocker sound from special, match, and grand champion.

you should regocnize it when it's in standard settings. It's very loud.
best will be to watch/hear for it with the matching at the end of a game.

#10565 2 years ago

Is there a way to start the Couch Potato Challenge with more than 1 player? I find if I try to add more players when starting that mode that beyond player 1, the multi ball does not start.

#10566 2 years ago

I also have played a lot of games. No Secret Mania from Mystery yet either. Maybe it needs to be turned on in the settings?

The DJ Mixer also lists a Wizard Mode song. Hmmm...

No Grand pa code issues that I have seen on my Prem either.

#10567 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I also have played a lot of games. No Secret Mania from Mystery yet either. Maybe it needs to be turned on in the settings?
The DJ Mixer also lists a Wizard Mode song. Hmmm...
No Grand pa code issues that I have seen on my Prem either.

have some games too on my machine and never got secret mania
they removed the Flipper codes too to start it manualy and the other one with the clue to secret mania.
414 and 423

But it's a chance of 1 out of 20 to get it in mystery, maybe even less when they are prefering some settings to others.
so i hope to get it eventually, if it's not a bug.

#10568 2 years ago

I love the new code.

I always kinda had thoughts maybe I'd cut it loose someday, but I love the show & theme so much I really couldn't do that. Yet, the thought was always popping up.

I am pleased to say that "thought" carries no weight anymore...cus it isn't going anywhere, not that it really would have..just saying I am very pleased with the whole outcome.

Thanks again for the code.

#10569 2 years ago

So I redone my rating on my Munsters. So if we all start redoing are rating will that move it up on the top 100 ? I mean I look on the list at some of this games that are way ahead of Munsters and I’m like nope that’s bull crap lol

#10570 2 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

I did the full install and verify and it froze after the initial small update - game was stuck in a loop where the screen said "initializing...." and then the Stern Logo would flash and it would repeat. I just left the USB in, powered off, waited about 10 seconds and powered up again. It went back into the update and installed fine.

thanks! need to update the route munsters pro sooooo was hoping this works no matter what

#10571 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

thanks! need to update the route munsters pro sooooo was hoping this works no matter what

I'd recommend just flashing a new sd card and pop it in when you get there. So much faster than the update process and if you see the same issues with the pro that I've been seeing you may want to hold off anyway or quickly switch back.

I was able to just pop the 1.03 sd card back in and the machine put the node boards back and everything is working fine.

#10572 2 years ago

I'd recommend just flashing a new sd card and pop it in when you get there. So much faster than the update process and if you see the same issues with the pro that I've been seeing you may want to hold off anyway or quickly switch back.
I was able to just pop the 1.03 sd card back in and the machine put the node boards back and everything is working fine.

So you mean bring a "blank" sd card, put it in, put update usb in, boot the game up and "update everything: and roll back the sd card if needed? I don't own a spike 2, just have these route ones.

#10573 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So you mean bring a "blank" sd card, put it in, put update usb in, boot the game up and "update everything: and roll back the sd card if needed? I don't own a spike 2, just have these route ones.

it's more like:
You will need a computer with a SD-Card slot or a USB-Stick where you can plug in the SD-Card.
download SD-Card image from Stern support side.
get balena etcher or some similar program to put images on SD-Cards.
make a backup of your settings on a USB-Stick
Write image to a blank new SD-Card
Switch card in Pinball machine.
load back settings from usb stick.

Then you have a SD-Card with your old game code
and a new SD-Card with new game code

all settings are transfered with the Save/load via the usb stick.

#10574 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

it's more like:
You will need a computer with a SD-Card slot or a USB-Stick where you can plug in the SD-Card.
download SD-Card image from Stern support side.
get balena etcher or some similar program to put images on SD-Cards.
make a backup of your settings on a USB-Stick
Write image to a blank new SD-Card
Switch card in Pinball machine.
load back settings from usb stick.
Then you have a SD-Card with your old game code
and a new SD-Card with new game code
all settings are transfered with the Save/load via the usb stick.

Ah thats right, stern has the sd card image now. I'll see if i have a spare sd card!

#10575 2 years ago

Anyone know if there’s a setting to turn off the back box light when you get to grandpas basement?

The upper playfield goes dark but the back box light glare is distracting.

I dug thru settings and couldn’t find anything.

#10576 2 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Anyone know if there’s a setting to turn off the back box light when you get to grandpas basement?
The upper playfield goes dark but the back box light glare is distracting.
I dug thru settings and couldn’t find anything.

You can do it for the entire time you’re playing. I have mine set to be zero during play on all my new sterns.

It’s in the standard settings or the feature adjustments. Towards the end.

#10577 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You can do it for the entire time you’re playing. I have mine set to be zero during play on all my new sterns.
It’s in the standard settings or the feature adjustments. Towards the end.

Good suggestion, although I like the back box lights during regular gameplay.

Wish there was a toggle to kill the back box during grandpa as it would really make the lower playfield pop during your visits there.

#10578 2 years ago

midnight madness just the best mode to switch over into the new year.
too bad i can not play it this year.

#10579 2 years ago

Sure you can. Just change the time on your game. Haha

#10580 2 years ago

I don't know about you guys, but that couch potato challenge is starting to piss me off! I have become so obsessed with getting a good score that I have not played a regular game in two days.

#10581 2 years ago
Quoted from epjohn68:

I don't know about you guys, but that couch potato challenge is starting to piss me off! I have become so obsessed with getting a good score that I have not played a regular game in two days.

Lol I know right but it’s fun I love it. Man it’s such a great game.

#10582 2 years ago

I did the update, restarted on the stern repeat thing and it said successful and finished.

Now here comes the dumb question... there were two files in that update on my flash drive. Do I need to install the second one? Or did they both just install on their own?

#10583 2 years ago

They do it all on their own.

Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I did the update, restarted on the stern repeat thing and it said successful and finished.
Now here comes the dumb question... there were two files in that update on my flash drive. Do I need to install the second one? Or did they both just install on their own?

#10584 2 years ago

Well, for those who care...The Munster's is back in the top 100 in the 94 slot...I think we can do better for this great machine!

#10585 2 years ago

I think my review was an 8.5 (roughly). First review ever posted and tried to be true and honest based on machines I've played.

I personally think it is impossible to give something a 10, especially on this site so it isn't flagged, but I think there should be some review updates based on code alone.

Love this game!!!

#10586 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I think my review was an 8.5 (roughly). First review ever posted and tried to be true and honest based on machines I've played.
I personally think it is impossible to give something a 10, especially on this site so it isn't flagged, but I think there should be some review updates based on code alone.
Love this game!!!

I agree a 10 is tough for any pin in my opinion but I did give my Munsters premium 9.3 I think it should be up around top 25 specially with the new code update it’s a beautiful n smooth shooter just a blast to play my friends n family loves it. Everyone go back and change your review let’s get it we’re it should be.

#10587 2 years ago

Been putting serious thought into selling or trading my pro after 3 years but not sure I can let it go.I suffer from serious sellers anxiety.

#10588 2 years ago

I just finished watching the deadflip stream of the code on the premium or Le and it looks to me like the issues I've seen are there.

Enlarging Ray was nearly constantly running and stacking with every single mode. Even though it wasn't clear what to do when that happens as enlarging Ray takes a back seat to whatever mode is currently running.

The process required to light Grandpa's scoop for going into the laboratory is what I'm seeing on the pro as Grandpa lit but not collecting things.

Finally deadflip was complaining about the ridiculously small super jackpot collection. I mean he was collecting more than I was and still only seeing 24 million. Glad he complained about that to Dwight directly.

#10589 2 years ago

That makes no sense. The jackpots should have been increased not decreased imo.

#10590 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That makes no sense. The jackpots should have been increased not decreased imo.

Agree, not sure what they were thinking. Collects that should be 60-70 mil are under 30

#10591 2 years ago

I just finished watching the deadflip stream of the code on the premium or Le and it looks to me like the issues I've seen are there.
Enlarging Ray was nearly constantly running and stacking with every single mode. Even though it wasn't clear what to do when that happens as enlarging Ray takes a back seat to whatever mode is currently running.
The process required to light Grandpa's scoop for going into the laboratory is what I'm seeing on the pro as Grandpa lit but not collecting things.
Finally deadflip was complaining about the ridiculously small super jackpot collection. I mean he was collecting more than I was and still only seeing 24 million. Glad he complained about that to Dwight directly.

Since will still need a code update for Insider Connected....maybe some polish can be added as well....??

#10592 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Since will still need a code update for Insider Connected....maybe some polish can be added as well....??

sure hope so. The massive nerf of the super collection is enough for me to not upgrade by itself. The grandpa issues are annoying but seems most people don't care that enlarging ray is nearly always running

I'm really surprised more people aren't upset about the super nerf. Kinda sucks to spend the time to stack 7 or 8 supers, get the playfield to 6x, then collect and just get 20-30 mil. That's not very "Super Duper" to me.

#10593 2 years ago

sure hope so. The massive nerf of the super collection is enough for me to not upgrade by itself. The grandpa issues are annoying but seems most people don't care that enlarging ray is nearly always running
I'm really surprised more people aren't upset about the super nerf. Kinda sucks to spend the time to stack 7 or 8 supers, get the playfield to 6x, then collect and just get 20-30 mil. That's not very "Super Duper" to me.

I am not sure what exactly enlarging ray does....

#10594 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I am not sure what exactly enlarging ray does....

IMO... The "enlarging ray" video was just to make you aware for when the lower playfield's game ends and the real regulation ball rolls out.. It appears huge / enlarged.. That's my take on it.

#10595 2 years ago

Enlarging ray is the grandpa mode on the pro. you shoot the targets to light the orbits and ramps for jackpots and once you have collected 4 you get the grandpa super jackpot

#10596 2 years ago

Enlarging ray is the grandpa mode on the pro. you shoot the targets to light the orbits and ramps for jackpots and once you have collected 4 you get the grandpa super jackpot

I see Enlarging Ray on my LE....?

#10597 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I see Enlarging Ray on my LE....?

huh?

#10598 2 years ago

The enlarging ray is also a video clip on the Premium & LE editions. It pops up during the lower playfields play as i described above.

#10599 2 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

The enlarging ray is also a video clip on the Premium & LE editions. It pops up during the lower playfields play as i described above.

Yeah I'm aware, not sure what the question was.

#10600 2 years ago

Yeah I'm aware, not sure what the question was.

I believe the correct answer is the enlarging ray has different meanings when your comparing what it means to a pro vs premium / LE where its connected to the lower playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/212?hl=malibro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.