IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 237.
#10451 2 years ago

Any body update yet?

Trying now and it seems like the update is cycling tween the Stern Logo and a message saying

Game code update
Resuming

#10452 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Any body update yet?
Trying now and it seems like the update is cycling tween the Stern Logo and a message saying
Game code update
Resuming

I experienced the same, but then switched from quick install to full and selected verify and the install was successful.

Played Couch Potato Challenge a couple of times and it's a pretty fun challenge.

Loved the game before and love it even more now. Great job Dwight and team!

#10453 2 years ago

Xaqery I've been as harsh as anyone about the lack of updates to the game. Thank you for the work on this it is very much appreciated.

The update is interesting. Just finished my first game on the pro and the core game we've all known is there. Managed to make it past Munster madness 2 with 300 mil score. Lots of new callouts and lighting updates which will make those of you looking for that happy.

The UI does not seem tweaked too much. It's still hard to see how many supers you have stacked. It was nice to hear when you have completed levels of each mode.

I do like the new chattering teeth feature. I'm not understanding it completely I think. Awards seem to come in at random and I didn't seem to have to do anything to collect them. I did get an extra ball from the chattering teeth and the mode completion so getting the extra extra ball was nice.

Bonus collection seems reduced a bit. I had 5 or 6 supers collected (again hard to see) when I collected and only got 20 mil. On the old code it was usually around 30-35. There does seem to be some scoring tweaks.

I have made no setting changes other than to free play and several times grandpa was flashing and when I hit it nothing happened. Could be something new I'm not aware of but I did notice that it was flashing a lot and not doing anything. Then after MM1 was complete grandpa was flashing again and when shot started grandpa mode. Does chattering teeth reset after munster madness? Didn't appear to. I was also able to stack spot and grandpa together so it seems that is still possible. Only other issue I saw was once when collecting the 5 or 6 supers, as the animations were running, the machine went into ball search.

Is there any way to light mystery again? Doesn't seem like it which might make hitting the secret mania few and far between

Ultimately this is what everyone has been asking for. More show content, callouts, lighting updates. So Kudo's to stern for getting it done. Never thought I would see it.

#10454 2 years ago
Quoted from MillionDays:

I experienced the same, but then switched from quick install to full and selected verify and the install was successful.
Played Couch Potato Challenge a couple of times and it's a pretty fun challenge.
Loved the game before and love it even more now. Great job Dwight and team!

That worked!

Thanks

#10455 2 years ago
Quoted from Chumbuket:

Thanks, Dwight it was a great Christmas gift. I’ve owned and enjoyed this game since day 1 when it came out. This game is one of the most beautiful games Borg has designed especially the ramps.

So.... let's pretend the code doesn't work and makes it worse... want to sell the topper?

#10456 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Guys -
I was waiting for Thunderbird to sell his game but I guess thats not happening.
Seriously, I am sorry it took so long. There are reasons and some of them you can lay on my shoulders if needed.
This is the first of 2 planned updates. The second one will be in the future ( : -- ) and be mostly an Insider Connected update including about 70 Achievements .
If you like this update you can thank Corey, Danai, and Jerry; they did most of the heavy lifting. If you dont like this update you can blame me.
Merry Christmas
- Dwight

So.... while working on this code.. did you happen to find some NIB toppers in the back of the warehouse? I'll be first in line! Merry Christmas either way, new code from reading it looks like fun, especially Secret Mania which I really enjoyed.

#10457 2 years ago

Man, I've got to complain more often!! Hooray..anxious to throw this in tonight..

#10458 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

So.... let's pretend the code doesn't work and makes it worse... want to sell the topper?
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"c1cf570c985c4d80abb518f49b63dc069b51c21f-1640210747-1800"};
//]]>

If I sell it will be to you

#10459 2 years ago

Lots of new callouts!

Potato Couch Multiball is fun tho I would like it better if integrated with the regular game play.

Definitely a nice Christmas present.

Thank you Mr Sullivan and Stern

#10460 2 years ago

Merry Christmas Dwight thanks so much we are all pumped up like crazy. I’ve always said I love my Munsters premium n it wasn’t going nowhere even without a code update but this just made me n a lot of people happy as a new baby coming into the world. Plus another code update is coming later holy Jesus I’m excited can anyone tell this 56 year old man is beside himself I feel like a kid LOL.

#10461 2 years ago

Chattering teeth! kinda cool

#10462 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Any body update yet?
Game code update
Resuming

Quoted from MillionDays:

!

Had to do the same .... Thanks!

#10463 2 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:you guys will need to let me know how the update is. i sold my LE quite a bit ago... hope its fab!!!

Sold my LE as well. Excited for everyone who kept theirs. I also want to hear how the update is.

#10464 2 years ago

OK, installed! Played a quick couple of games, looking forward to exploring it further!

#10465 2 years ago

Wooooo Hooooo!! New code just in time for Christmas.... A "Big" Thank you to the Stern coding team!!

#10466 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Guys -
Seriously, I am sorry it took so long. There are reasons and some of them you can lay on my shoulders if needed.
This is the first of 2 planned updates. The second one will be in the future ( : -- ) and be mostly an Insider Connected update including about 70 Achievements .
If you like this update you can thank Corey, Danai, and Jerry; they did most of the heavy lifting. If you dont like this update you can blame me.
Merry Christmas
- Dwight

Thanks for updating this great pin that my entire family loves. We played a pro at Pinball Museum in Myrtle Beach while on vacation a couple years ago and went all in on a NIB fully loaded Premium with topper and everything the moment we got back home.

We've really enjoyed having it in our collection next to some of your other games RFM, TMNT, STNG.

Thanks again for the code update. Things I would ask the Munsters team to consider for the update that will include Insider Connected:

* Please consider adding Secret Mania as a selectable mode in the newly added menu.
* Please consider adding couch potato as something that can be triggered in regular gameplay
* Please consider letting mystery be triggered more than once per game if that is to remain the only way to get to Secret Mania in game

Thanks again to the team that made this happen.

#10467 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Things I would ask the Munsters team to consider for the update that will include Insider Connected:
* Please consider adding Secret Mania as a selectable mode in the newly added menu.
* Please consider adding couch potato as something that can be triggered in regular gameplay
* Please consider letting mystery be triggered more than once per game if that is to remain the only way to get to Secret Mania in game

All of this x1.76 million.

Please please please.

#10468 2 years ago

I thought Munsters was and is one of the funnest games anyway. I am excited to update the code! Thanks!!!

#10469 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Thanks for updating this great pin that my entire family loves. We played a pro at Pinball Museum in Myrtle Beach while on vacation a couple years ago and went all in on a NIB fully loaded Premium with topper and everything the moment we got back home.
We've really enjoyed having it in our collection it next to some of your other games RFM, TMNT, STNG.
Thanks again for the code update. Things I would ask the Munsters team to consider for the update that will include Insider Connected:

Well if we are putting in requests .

Please let midnight madness be triggered by game play also in addition to coming on at midnight. That along with coach potato and secret mania be three pretty cool game modes.

#10470 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

We've really enjoyed having it in our collection next to some of your other games RFM, TMNT, STNG.

The mystery more than once would be huge. Maybe after 10 total supers collected at the draula or something. Would make the fight for supers more valuable than just points

#10471 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Guys -
Merry Christmas
- Dwight

I made a vow that my Munsters LE would stay in the box until more code. Today is the day I guess it will be unboxed for Christmas been sealed up since March 2019. Thanks to Stern, Dwight and the whole software team. I had faith in you Dwight.

08CD47D2-A097-44D5-9D27-41C4A917EA16 (resized).jpeg08CD47D2-A097-44D5-9D27-41C4A917EA16 (resized).jpeg
#10472 2 years ago

Now all I have to do is remember how to update the code...

#10473 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Please let midnight madness be triggered by game play also in addition to coming on at midnight. That along with coach potato and secret mania be three pretty cool game modes.

Haha. Yeah. I tried not to be ungrateful or greedy. It’d be awesome if there were co-op and head to head modes like TMNT. But I’m not sure how that would work with how Munsters modes are structured.

#10474 2 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I made a vow that my Munsters LE would stay in the box until more code. Today is the day I guess it will be unboxed for Christmas been sealed up since March 2019. Thanks to Stern, Dwight and the whole software team. I had faith in you Dwight. [quoted image]

Not gonna wait til Insider Connected?

#10475 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I get your point but honestly I dig MM modes being midnight only.

If it were an option to turn on/off that would be the best of both worlds and a serious nod to fans of the pin from Dwight and Co.

#10476 2 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I made a vow that my Munsters LE would stay in the box until more code. Today is the day I guess it will be unboxed for Christmas been sealed up since March 2019. Thanks to Stern, Dwight and the whole software team. I had faith in you Dwight. [quoted image]

Jesus.

That’s dedication.

#10477 2 years ago

WoW... Latest update brought lots of new call outs... And moving fire to the fireplace on the splash screen just before you start the game!! What an awesome touch!! This is the Best code ever!!

#10478 2 years ago

Hurray new code.
does anybody know if they fixed the Eddie Super Jackpot video?
The red lines across the screen?

Eddie_Super_Jackpot (resized).PNGEddie_Super_Jackpot (resized).PNG
#10479 2 years ago

double post

#10480 2 years ago

Updated smooth....only played a couple games..ALOT more callouts, music, and my topper clock is actually keeping better time!!!

Will have time to dive deeper tonight...still same great shots, but truly felt like a new game....thank you!!!! SO glad I kept this beautiful machine...

#10481 2 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

I get your point but honestly I dig MM modes being midnight only.
If it were an option to turn on/off that would be the best of both worlds and a serious nod to fans of the pin from Dwight and Co.

I agree giving players the option to turn on / off the MM feature in game play is the best option.

3 great modes tho, MM is tied to the internal game clock, Coach Potato is available only as separate feature at game start and secret mania tied only to a once per game mystery award does not in my opinion get the total play value out of the respective coding.

MM is such a great feature in this game! got it yesterday after uploading the code and at first thought the game was locking up on me.

#10482 2 years ago

So, with this long hoped for new code, I wonder if Munster's will creep up in rank in the Top 100 to its more deserved spot?

#10483 2 years ago

I’d there any way to keep the high score and some of the other champ scores? I’ve got a couple of good ones I’d like to keep on there.

#10484 2 years ago

Got the update done and my wife is playing now to see what's new and how it plays.

#10485 2 years ago

I’m sure I am supposed to know this but what is “Couch Potato” and how do I get there?

#10486 2 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

I’m sure I am supposed to know this but what is “Couch Potato” and how do I get there?

A new mode. Prior to starting a game. Push /hold both flipper buttons. The screen will show Normal, Tournament or challenge (Coach Potato) as you select. CP is a mini two ball timed game. Pretty fun

#10487 2 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

From the release notes:
GAME PLAY MENU
- Added a game play menu.
- To use the menu, between games, hold in both flipper buttons.
- There are 4 items to choose from the menu:
- STANDARD - NORMAL PLAY
- COMPETITION - ALL RANDOMNESS REMOVED
- DJ MIXER - PLAY TUNES FROM THE GAME
- CHALLENGE - COUCH POTATO CHALLENGE MODE

#10488 2 years ago

I’m now (and probably always have been) a couch potato. Thanks for the insights on how to access the Munsters version of such.

#10489 2 years ago

Munsters did not feel like a complete game till now. My guess after thinking more about all this late code release of our Munsters is: Dwight plain and simply couldn’t because of some possible licensing IP issue Stern cannot speak about. So Dwight had to say it was done, 2 years ago while taking the flack for it all these years. So Dwight, if that’s the case and I’m purely speculating here, we are grateful you/Stern have resolved whatever the issue was and now giving us a more complete game. We look forward with eagerness to even more announced code. It was worth the wait, even though we had started to give up on it to some degree and many never thought this day would arrive.

#10490 2 years ago

I was thinking the same. Regardless the reason, the game really feels "complete" with so many things lining up, bringing the personality that I'd so wanted for this title. More to do, much better integration of the modes....tons of video and audio callouts not there prior.

Game actually has "purpose" now as there are several ways to go about things. Such a theme!!! (love the "not the same old Munsters" callout). just the specific rules to the lower pf (which make sense now) really brings legs to this one. Lightshow stunning and interactive....our game has arrived!!!

#10491 2 years ago

Couch Potato Challenge is addicting. What fun and what a great idea!
Congrats and Thanks to all involved at Stern.

(Thank the pinball gods I didn't sell my LE)

#10492 2 years ago

Its so cool !! I loved it before now wow!! Maybe I should post my LE for $25k... LOL!!

#10493 2 years ago

Us Munsters faithful sure have taken flack and now our day of vindication has finally arrived. No longer “worst code ever”, as if it ever was, lol.
Munsters is no longer the whipping boy of pinside.

#10494 2 years ago

So smart by Stern and Dwight’s team to make this code update to Munsters.

It took a long while to get GB there too but it was worth the wait.

Really happy I kept my Munsters LE!

Giving some of the older games love like this just helps maintain interest and value for HUO guys for the long term.

Says a lot about Stern and the pride they have in all of their games to make them the best they can be.

Should give people even more confidence in buying their games!

#10495 2 years ago

No doubt..... With fresh new awesome code.... Along with Rob Zombies upcoming new Munsters movie.. These machines will stay in high demand for a long long time for sure.. Especially the ones with the now discontinued raven clock topper..

#10496 2 years ago

I’ve only got to play a couple of games and I’m loving it. So what all has anyone seen so far with the code on into the game

#10497 2 years ago

I like these posts. It's like a rain washing away all the hater dirt.

#10498 2 years ago

With this new code update, I wish I had got my Munsters, but Stern shorted my distributor and then took the game out of production. Maybe with the release of the new movie they will make another run. Anyway congratulations to all you guys who are enjoying the new code, it's a very Merry Christmas indeed!

#10499 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I’ve only got to play a couple of games and I’m loving it. So what all has anyone seen so far with the code on into the game

Seem to be getting Enlarging Ray quite often now, has started at the same time as Munster Madness. Pretty sure I only got it through a Mystery Award before. (I have a Premium)

#10500 2 years ago
Quoted from Jasonba:

Seem to be getting Enlarging Ray quite often now, has started at the same time as Munster Madness. Pretty sure I only got it through a Mystery Award before. (I have a Premium)

Same.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/210?hl=malibro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.