pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 237.
#951 5 years ago

Hey kidchrisso, congrats on the LE purchase! Beautiful pin.
If you don’t me asking, where did you get your speaker lights kit?
Looks very cool.

#952 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Hey kidchrisso, congrats on the LE purchase! Beautiful pin.
If you don’t me asking, where did you get your speaker lights kit?
Looks very cool.

Here ya go, I love these kits...

http://speakerlightkits.com

#953 5 years ago

Yes, they look great, thanks!

#954 5 years ago

For those of you who have played the LE, what are your thoughts on the lower playfield?

#955 5 years ago

Pro is gorgeous... I'm very happy with my purchase so far

#956 5 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

For those of you who have played the LE, what are your thoughts on the lower playfield?

Feels just like family guy...more to it than FG but there again, I own a FG, I like it.

#957 5 years ago

Quoted from kidchrisso:
Let me know if you guys want any other pics

Your pics made my day--reduced my anxiety about going LE

#958 5 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hi Guys:
Anyone added a shaker to the Munsters yet?
If so, do you consider a shaker essential for a Munsters?
Any specifics of what shots will activate the shaker?
Thanks.

Yes, very active. Jackpots and a few others shots.

#959 5 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Quoted from kidchrisso:
Let me know if you guys want any other pics
Your pics made my day--reduced my anxiety about going LE

your gonna love it, sooo glad I went LE to get the color.

#960 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

can't even imagine how I'm going to navigate (2x) flipper buttons per side, w both upper and lower playfields going......panic setting in!!!

I am seriuosly waiting for the chance to have (and enjoy) that panic...

#961 5 years ago

To all of you who took a chance and ordered an LE...

You dun good!

I played one today and it was easily one of the most beautiful pinballs I've ever seen, although that excludes the cabinet art. The PF and backglass are gorgeous.

The lower PF is just like Stewie Pinball and nothing to be excited about.

However. The lower PF adds depth to the upper PF and makes it even more beautiful.

If I were buying this machine and I didn't care for its Stewie-Pinball lower PF, I would buy the Premium/LE anyway just to have the gorgeous depth.

#962 5 years ago

I think the lower playfield is just supposed to be fun and cool that’s all
I like it adds to the fun
Like a mini little pinball pretty freaking sweet perfect for grandpas basement

#963 5 years ago

There is a double skill shot, hold both left flippers, have to hit upper and lower shot...love it!

#964 5 years ago

Played a Munsters Pro at Little Shop of Games near Tampa, FL today, great place. Munsters was Fun. Good looking with satisfying ramp shots. The dark natural habitrails are a nice detail.

#965 5 years ago

Man this game is just freaking beautiful

#966 5 years ago

Do the LE.S come with shakers ?
For 9G,s ?

#967 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Do the LE.S come with shakers ?
For 9G,s ?

Yup

#968 5 years ago
20190201_131522 (resized).jpg20190201_131522 (resized).jpg20190208_210509 (resized).jpg20190208_210509 (resized).jpg20190216_185922 (resized).jpg20190216_185922 (resized).jpg20190219_205144 (resized).jpg20190219_205144 (resized).jpg
#969 5 years ago

kidchrisso I haven't seen those mods in the back corners before, with LED's there too. Plus I see your speakers are lit up. What have you got going on there if I might ask?

5f609eeeecf1316dd13e662feef857ae278c0f1f (resized).jpg5f609eeeecf1316dd13e662feef857ae278c0f1f (resized).jpg
#970 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Picture Please, and Thank You.

OK-Able to get back to this as promised from last week-Short explanation and pics of my launch ramp revamp on Munsters Pro-Oh well-Did it.Everything great-Pretty much had alot of the playfield plastics and wireform ramps removed/loosened to install all the Titan rubbers and Cliffy's post sleeves and ULEK inlane plastics on my 1st new NIB Stern machine and decided to just do this launch ramp re-work.After reading about a few of these new Pro's having the ball bounce and/or scrape the wireform it goes under on the ball launch from the shooter lane...….maybe/possibly overkill-but did it within my abilities and all turned out great.

#971 5 years ago

First marked with a Sharpie around the ramp forks area.....then scribed deep into the clear coat.

Munsters #1 (resized).jpgMunsters #1 (resized).jpgMunsters #2 (resized).jpgMunsters #2 (resized).jpg
#972 5 years ago

Put down masking tape......could see the sharpie mark/have the tape go down into my scribe marks.....cut it out with my X-Acto knife and I have the area ready to Dremel tool what I want to grind into the clear coat and down like 1/8 inch total.Masked everywhere around the area.Old towels to cover up the rest of the playfield.
Vacuum cleaner hose up in there....and fire up and get er done

Munsters #3 (resized).jpgMunsters #3 (resized).jpgMunsters #4 (resized).jpgMunsters #4 (resized).jpg
#973 5 years ago

How it looks after clean-up and the ramp-filed,deburred,shined up with Scotch Brite and re-installed on my sweet new Munsters Pro.

Munsters #5 (resized).jpgMunsters #5 (resized).jpgMunsters #6 (resized).jpgMunsters #6 (resized).jpg
#974 5 years ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

kidchrisso I haven't seen those mods in the back corners before, with LED's there too. Plus I see your speakers are lit up. What have you got going on there if I might ask?
[quoted image]

I lit up the back of this clock and have Lilly....ebay

Screenshot_20190224-063200_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190224-063200_eBay (resized).jpg
#975 5 years ago

No issues with my launch ramp or anything on my pro for that matter... plays great out of the box.

#976 5 years ago

Ditto - mine plays great with no issues. Lot's of fun.

#977 5 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

First marked with a Sharpie around the ramp forks area.....then scribed deep into the clear coat.[quoted image][quoted image]

What a joke, brand new game and you have to do this to fix it Stern sucks

#978 5 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

Its really not needed imo and plenty of games have the same designed launch ramp

#979 5 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

Not a joke. As others have said, the "fix" isn't unnecessary.

#980 5 years ago

Snaroff, you have a great collection..... why no BM66 ?

#981 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Snaroff, you have a great collection..... why no BM66 ?

Thanks. I recalling hearing the software wasn't great (so I sat on the sidelines). I was an early adopter of STLE and didn't dig the early software (and sold it soon after). Beautiful game, but all the modes felt the same. Heard the software was eventually improved, but it took awhile.

Now that BM66 software has improved, I'd consider that title.

Actually, I'm pretty disappointed in the Munsters software. Game shoots smooth...love the ramps and artwork, but it's really shallow and not all that interesting to me. As a result, just sold my Munsters Pro...arrived on 2/21 and leaving on 2/27. Last night, the game rebooted with friends and the flippers occasionally go limp. Considering the game has <50 plays, it's disappointing to have glitches like this. Unclear if the problems are software or hardware. If I loved the game more and had more time, I'd work through the issues with Stern.

Unfortunately, I just don't have the time or patience to deal with pinball "bugs" for a game I'm on the fence about. Bye-bye Munsters

#982 5 years ago

Have about 50 games on my pro and its a great pin imo. Shoots great with some fast flowing shots.... its not that easy imo and i think the code is very solid for as early as it is. I wldnt call the madness mode a wizard mode by any means but more of a enhanced mode after completing the others. There is alot to the code after you figure it out and the risk/reward part of it is very cool. So many great lighting effects , speech, sounds, video and little things in the code that are great. The game won't be for everyone but it will fit just fine in most collections. Have mine set at 7.2 degrees with factory settings otherwise.... .got to madness twice but drained very quickly and didn't complete shit.... game can be very brutal .

#983 5 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I would agree that this is excessive for a NIB pin.

#984 5 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I played several games on an LE yesterday and had many visits to the lower PF.

Dwight Sullivan said on one or two of his podcast appearances that the lower PF was "better than Stewie Pinball."

I would disagree. The only thing better about it is the vantage point for the player; you can be directly above it to play the ball if you lean over the PF. However - and this is the heart of the matter - flipping a ball bearing is still flipping a ball bearing. It feels toy-like. Despite having far more to do than the shots in AC/DC's Underworld, its toy-like aspect makes it less satisfying. There's a good chance the lower PF on The Munsters is utilized far more for scoring purposes than Underworld is for AC/DC, but my low-scoring games didn't begin to probe its potential. It's also worth pointing out the the second set of flipper buttons sits below the main set. This means either you need eight-inch fingers to reach the buttons or you need to slip your palms off the lockdown bar temporarily, making for a slightly awkward temporary disconnect from the cabinet. If the second set of buttons had been placed fore (ahead) of the main buttons, rather than below, it might have worked better.

So, to me at least, I saw/experienced little difference between Grandpa's Lab' Pinball and Stewie Pinball. 'tis a toy in the pejorative sense.

#985 5 years ago

You’re supposed to be able to play the lower PF and upper at the same time. How would you do that with the buttons ahead of the regular flipper buttons?

They are below as to follow the natural curve of you fingers. Try playing and have your indexes on the main buttons and middle fingers on the lower buttons. That may help.

#986 5 years ago

I truly feel Munsters is going to have many varying opinions; mainly on the code and mini pf.
Regarding the mini pf, in my opinion it is more enjoyable and fun than the Family Guy Stewie pf.
It has a larger variety of shots and requires some additional accuracy to complete or hit the required shots. It also has a multiball mode which I find adds another layer to the experience.
Now, in saying that, as Jason pointed out above, it does have that novelty and toy feel to it since it has the smaller balls. As such, some players may never enjoy it.

At this point, my family all dig the mini pf but we’ve just had the pin a few days.
It will be interesting to see if it’s something that we will continue to embrace after months of ownership.

I also personally don’t have any issues with the placement of the 2 sets of flipper buttons. I’ve had friends and family play it; and none of them were having any concerns utilizing the 2 sets of buttons.

Another positive distinction to make about the LE mini pf is that it looks stunning.
It creates a beautiful layered depth to the pf and overall look of the game.
The art and lighting on both levels work so well together- never seen anything quite like it before.

One last thought, we’ve set ours up at just over 7 pitch. This makes our example play very fast and much less forgiving. Tougher and shorter ball-times; but I think with a simpler rule-set, this is the way to go.

#987 5 years ago

Apologies for not knowing the ergonomic rationale behind the placement of the dual button sets. I'm not sure about a "natural curve." I typically use my middle finger to flip. I couldn't reach the second flipper button with my middle finger and had to pull my palm off the lockdown bar, etc. I did not play on both PF's simultaneously. If I had, I would have foundered badly I'm sure. Maybe owners of the game can chime in.

#988 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

<snip>
Another positive distinction to make about the LE mini pf is that it looks stunning.
It creates a beautiful layered depth to the pf and overall look of the game.
The art and lighting on both levels work so well together- never seen anything quite like it before.<snip>

I completely agree. While I think it shoots like Stewie Pinball, I would still buy the Premium over the PRO just to have the gorgeous depth that Grandpa's Lab adds to the main PF. The LE is one of best looking pinballs I've ever seen.

#989 5 years ago

After playing the pro for a couple hours last night after watching the review on SDTM I saw the game in a completely different way
I hadn’t looked at it as far as strategy just the art and theme which I love
Very challenging for me but agree with the view that after finally getting a good game going the payout should be way more when you cash in

Add some more fun and balance out the scoring be perfect
The game is actually really is fast and can be tough at least it was on me but I stuck with it had some good games

I don’t expect the lower playfield when it finally gets here,to be anything more than a mini playfield toy
But to me it’s a lot of fun,I like the idea of a double skill shot,and there is lots to shoot down there and points down there as opposed to any lower playfield I’ve ever seen
Plus yes,it looks incredible

#990 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Apologies for not knowing the ergonomic rationale behind the placement of the dual button sets. I'm not sure about a "natural curve." I typically use my middle finger to flip. I couldn't reach the second flipper button with my middle finger and had to pull my palm off the lockdown bar, etc. I did not play on both PF's simultaneously. If I had, I would have foundered badly I'm sure. Maybe owners of the game can chime in.

Did you try the double super skill shot? It's awesome!

#991 5 years ago

The hate that this game gets is laughable it just came out

#992 5 years ago

I played the pro for the first time yesterday and liked it. I only put a handful of games on it, but I will be going back to try it out some more.

#993 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:The hate that this game gets is laughable it just came out

It's pinside...Nothing out of the ordinary..

#994 5 years ago

Pinside = Lunatic Fringe. Nothing ever makes sense.

#995 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

The hate that this game gets is laughable it just came out

Not seeing a lot of hate, just honest opinions.

#996 5 years ago

Is it worth putting a shaker motor in a Munsters pro ?

#997 5 years ago

Absolutely put a shaker in!!!!!

#998 5 years ago

Yep not everyone will like every pin.. that's why its nice to have so many choices. Munsters is pretty dam good everything considered imo. Code has alot to offer once u figure it out and dont consider the madness mode the end. Its not the kind of game that u have a end to really. Only thing i wish wld b added is completing all modes gets you a special mode.

#999 5 years ago

Anyone with a deposit or payment in on a Premium have any word from their distro? Mine's CT.

#1000 5 years ago

My LE is in this batch the distributor received today. Should have by the end of the week!

E184EEA1-E8E6-45C3-A094-8D3DABC5E5E5 (resized).jpegE184EEA1-E8E6-45C3-A094-8D3DABC5E5E5 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/20?hl=atrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.