IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 237.
#10401 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Has anyone tried seeing if this strategy works on Pre/LE?

I have a premium and I try not to have spot running while playing lower playfield as adding time via the right ramp also extends the spot timer

#10402 2 years ago

Well Stern finally sent my new playfield...easy swap, just 4 connectors however, I did notice something different...the mini-playfield glass now has cross-point/Phillips head screws...my original playfield had the Torx type.

Muns1 (resized).jpgMuns1 (resized).jpgMuns2 (resized).jpgMuns2 (resized).jpgMuns3 (resized).jpgMuns3 (resized).jpg
#10403 2 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Well Stern finally sent my new playfield...easy swap, just 4 connectors however, I did notice something different...the mini-playfield glass now has cross-point/Phillips head screws...my original playfield had the Torx type.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have the phillips head screws on my mini glass as well

As long as you have the fatter deeper (at least on mine) phillips head for your screwdriver it works just fine, just take it slow. I guess at some point they started using those instead of the torx. It's mentioned quite a few times when people talk about leveling the playfield.

Just out of curiosity, how were you able to get a new playfield?

#10404 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I have the phillips head screws on my mini glass as well
As long as you have the fatter deeper (at least on mine) phillips head for your screwdriver it works just fine, just take it slow. I guess at some point they started using those instead of the torx. It's mentioned quite a few times when people talk about leveling the playfield.
Just out of curiosity, how were you able to get a new playfield?

I had an issue where 2 of my playfield inserts started to sink and it cracked the clearcoat...wasn't sure what to do about it so I contacted Stern and they had me send photos...I soon received an e-mail saying that they would send a playfield replacement. It took a about a year but with Covid causing production issues it made sense. My original post and photos about it are on this thread, post #9488. I have to commend Stern, they didn't leave me hanging...they came through for me. I still need to send back my old playfield, just waiting on the shipping docs.

#10405 2 years ago

*RANT*
I think it's pretty clear at this point with all of the back and forth Dwight has done on Turtles and Mando in the forums that we were completely shafted with support after release of this pin. The "it's done" at 1.0 is a joke statement that doesn't follow with what he has done before or after Munsters. Definitely never buying another Dwight coded game.

Thankfully I don't enjoy turtles or mando enough to even consider them.
*RANT*

#10406 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

*RANT*
I think it's pretty clear at this point with all of the back and forth Dwight has done on Turtles and Mando in the forums that we were completely shafted with support after release of this pin. The "it's done" at 1.0 is a joke statement that doesn't follow with what he has done before or after Munsters. Definitely never buying another Dwight coded game.
*RANT*

Keep the faith, there will be a code update for Stern’s Insider Connect bar! If Dwight has to touch the code for this, just maybe he fixes a few bugs, but don’t expect more content code. Munsters has been abandoned from the more code perspective.

#10407 2 years ago

not holding my breath for much even for insider connected and there is no way I would ever purchase that for this pin.

#10408 2 years ago

*RANT*
*RANT*

Your rant is pretty spot on it appears...just sort of unbelievable that the blatant " cut the cord" on such a great theme/game.

A new direction as far as I can tell for "mainstream Stern" regarding releases.

Fortunately, I love this game as is ( so do alot of others). No intent to move mine, but truly inexcusable to not at least work thru the bugs.

Dropping this game like a rock probably caused Stern to lose sleep....for about 30 seconds....

#10409 2 years ago

Interesting is that on the Stern Connected site, Munsters was the only table that said coming soon with an asterisk.

The asterisk says “pending licensor approval”.

If all they were doing was fixing some bugs and adding some achievements, why would that need special approval that the other games don’t need?

My hope is that it means more content has been added and that it just requires sign off.

#10410 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Interesting is that on the Stern Connected site, Munsters was the only table that said coming soon with an asterisk.
The asterisk says “pending licensor approval”.
If all they were doing was fixing some bugs and adding some achievements, why would that need special approval that the other games don’t need?
My hope is that it means more content has been added and that it just requires sign off.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"c99b55217e4d429222f9d72b3f89812b6851de1e-1640149847-1800"};
//]]>

Could be; but my guess is Stern will charge for additional content. Get you online, give you a base release and pay to unlock more feature content.

Unfortunately Stern is catching up with rest of gaming industry. This is unfortunate for all Stern buyers in the future.

Don’t like it, but call it like I see it.

Also, people will say I am no longer buying more Stern games; however, we all know most people will.

#10411 2 years ago

*RANT*
*RANT*

Your RANT is spot on, no pun intended, lol. Everyone in this club knows how hard I fought with Stern and Dwight to do the right thing by us, but they haven’t done so yet. Dwight dropped the ball big time on Munsters and he knows it. Stern do the right thing and give this a remarkable code update. I’m like MK6Pin and love the game/theme, even though it falls short of my expectation. Considering I also own all the other Dwight games where he gave them everything, kitchen sink included. At the very least Dwight Xaqery still owes us, more call outs (they are sitting embedded in the code unused), polish and fixes. What Stern/Dwight did to Munsters was unprofessional. Borg also was wanting more code love and supporting the effort, but Stern hushed him up. Come on Stern put on your big boy pants and fix Munsters!!!

#10412 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Your RANT is spot on, no pun intended, lol. Everyone in this club knows how hard I fought with Stern and Dwight to do the right thing by us, but they didn’t. Dwight dropped the ball big time on Munsters and he knows it. It is a black eye for Stern for sure and they need to pony up and do the right thing and give this a remarkable code update. We are still owed that by them. I’m like MK6Pin and love the game and theme, even though it falls short of my expectation of this fabulous game, considering I also own all the other Dwight games where he gave them everything, kitchen sink included. At the very least Dwight Xaqery still owes us, more call outs (they are sitting embedded in the code unused), polish and fixes. What Stern/Dwight did to Munsters was completely unprofessional and will forever hurt Dwight's legacy, unless he steps backup with integrity and gives us our monies worth. Borg was also wanting more code love and was supporting the effort, but Stern hushed him up. Come on Stern put on your big boy pants and fix Munsters!!!

Well said. I’m like u I love my Munsters premium n it’s not going anywhere. My kids n grandkids love it so much fun n a beautiful pin and yes it would be nice to have some more added to it n make it deeper but I tell ya it’s still a blast the way it is. Hopefully we will get some improvements from Stern.

#10413 2 years ago

Hey anyone got some good videos of the pin stadium lights on there Munsters. I’m waiting on my lights to come in, I’ve had them on order for 4 weeks now n we’re did you hook them up to for the best effect. I think I’ve got about every mod u can get on it lol

#10414 2 years ago

They did it with Ghostbusters when nobody thought they would. This should be easy enough with all the new code they’ve been doing with spike 2.

#10415 2 years ago

Actually, they did it with Ghostbusters and GOT at the same time. We will see . I read some where there was schedule time in 2022 for Munsters code development. Most likely total BS but who knows?

While Dwight takes a lot of crap over this title, I would bet it is more of a Stern Management decision. Management decides where to put resources on coding most likely , not the individual coders. They being said, I would love to see more assets put into this game.

Munsters has stayed in the collection longer than EHOH and BM66. Both those games are code Nirvana, so at least in my mind ,it is a fun factor that keeps Munsters around. At my place Munsters sits next to BKSOR (another code attacked game) and they both get as much if not more play than AIQ , JP3 and ST.,

#10416 2 years ago

We've heard so many times from "insiders" that a significant code update was incoming. Dwight has basically said he has no plans to change munsters. Of course he did say that about ghostbusters as well but that game was missing the wizard mode and inserts were unused. Who knows but at this point I don't have much faith anything will change. Too bad as by all accounts the game sold incredibly well. Just doesn't make any sense to abandon it so quickly.

I don't play mine anymore but friends that come over have flat out told me they will unfriend me if I ever sell it. My family also enjoys it but it will be gone in a heartbeat if they ever change their mind.

#10417 2 years ago

New code ! ! !

PRO V1.10 - DECEMBER 25, 2021
=============================
FIXED:
- (PRO) - When BOOST GRANDPA was awarded from MYSTERY, it wasn't boosting
ENLARGING RAY scores properly.
- (PRE/LE) - When BOOST GRANDPA was awarded from MYSTERY, it wasn't boosting
THE MACHINE scores properly.
- MYSTERY's state was not resetting across multiple players.
- PRO - Advancing to start ENLARGING RAY was not being maintained across
players correctly.
- (PREM/LE) - Advancing to start GRANDPA's LABORATORY was not being maintained
across players correctly

NEW:
- Added boot logo

- MARILYN now awards SUPER SPINNER and SUPER LOOPS in addition to SUPER POPS.
- Each SUPER feature is timed and increases scoring while active.
- SUPER SPINNER - SPINNER is lit for an additional 20K/spin for 30 seconds.
- SUPER LOOPS - EDDIE LOOPS are lit for 100K for 40 seconds.

- Added speech to many many places all throughout the game.

- Added flasher effect for hitting LILY BANK.
- Added sound effects while lighting GRANDPA.
- Added lamp effect to EDDIE LOOPS when EDDIE inlanes are shot.
- Added lamp effect to MARILYN RAMP when MARILYN inlanes are shot.
- Added EDDIE CHAMPION.
- Added MARILYN CHAMPION.

GAME PLAY MENU
- Added a game play menu.
- To use the menu, between games, hold in both flipper buttons.
- There are 4 items to choose from the menu:
- STANDARD - NORMAL PLAY
- COMPETITION - ALL RANDOMNESS REMOVED
- DJ MIXER - PLAY TUNES FROM THE GAME
- CHALLENGE - COUCH POTATO CHALLENGE MODE
- Added DJ Mixer with several Playlist
- Added COUCH POTATO CHALLENGE MODE

COUCH POTATO CHALLENGE MODE
- Added a Challenge mode to the game play menu.
- Starts as a two ball multiball but it is also a timed mode.
- It ends if the time runs out or if you drain down to zero balls.
- Mode has two STAGES and starts in STAGE ONE
- STAGE ONE
- All shots are lit on the main playfield. On the PREM/LE the lower
playfield is not used.
- After 3 shots the game will play a clip from the show and add a
ball into play.
- You have 10 seconds to make the shot.
- Shoot any shot to move to STAGE TWO.
- STAGE TWO
- Only the targets are lit.
- Hitting any target returns the player to STAGE ONE and puts 10
seconds on the clock.
- Completing 20 shots completes and ends the mode.
- Kitty is always available to advance playfield multiplier
- Added COUCH POTATO CHAMPION

- Added Chattering Teeth Feature. Each time the player hits a target or goes
into the Grandpa Scoop the player will receive one or more Chattering
Teeth. At thresholds of Chattering Teeth the player will receive awards:
- Award End of ball bonus Multipliers
- Advance Playfield multipliers
- Light Enlargement Ray
- Light CHATTERING TEETH SUPER JACKPOT. There are now 11 ways to
stack SUPER JACKPOTS
- Light EXTRA BAll

- Changed how Enlarging Ray is started. Its no longer tied to completing the
four fang targets on the PRO. On both the PRO and PREMIUM now its part of
Chattering Teeth.

- Changed how Secret Mania will start. It no longer has an easter egg code.
Now it starts randomly from Mystery.

TWEAKED:
- Shooter lane speech plays less frequently.
- Spinner flasher effects pulse in time with spins better.
- ZAP JACKPOT display effect now shows how many more for SUPER JACKPOT.
- Speech callout for 5X DRAGULA timing tweaked.
- Lowered minimum TROUGH EJECT POWER adjustment to 64.
- Reduced the SUPER JACKPOT score multiplier curve for stacked supers. also
Reduced the starting score base for Supers.
- ATTRACT SHOW INTRO SOUND removed from Directors Cut.
- (PRE/LE) - The VUK on the lower playfield was sometimes playing sound
effects during game over.
- KITTY now shows the new playfield multiplier.
- Tweaked the EQ of many of the speech calls.
- Improved many of the sounds
- If you are holding the Action button when the super jackpot display begins
it will be canceled. You no longer have to press and hold the button after
the display begins.

#10418 2 years ago

Today is a good day

#10419 2 years ago

New Code - nice!

#10420 2 years ago

Stern is now back in the good books!

#10421 2 years ago

Hallelujah Stern finally has done it! Incredible!! Dwight is back in good graces! Can’t wait to explore it and so excited they put tons of speech into the game like it should have. Merry Christmas to us Munster fans!

#10422 2 years ago

It's a Christmas miracle

#10423 2 years ago

And wow, no longer have to heat up flipper coils inputting secret mania code before shooting the first ball!

- Changed how Secret Mania will start. It no longer has an easter egg code.
Now it starts randomly from Mystery.

#10424 2 years ago

I'll be dammed... lol

#10425 2 years ago

Hey Count they heard us, lol.

We got a new game!!!

#10426 2 years ago

We've heard so many times from "insiders" that a significant code update was incoming. Dwight has basically said he has no plans to change munsters. Of course he did say that about ghostbusters as well but that game was missing the wizard mode and inserts were unused. Who knows but at this point I don't have much faith anything will change. Too bad as by all accounts the game sold incredibly well. Just doesn't make any sense to abandon it so quickly.
I don't play mine anymore but friends that come over have flat out told me they will unfriend me if I ever sell it. My family also enjoys it but it will be gone in a heartbeat if they ever change their mind.

Lol!!!

You were saying???

#10427 2 years ago

The timing of this drop was impeccable.

#10428 2 years ago

Can not down load right now. Ugh.
My problem not Stern’s

#10429 2 years ago

You guys owe me lol. I'd been holding out and have a great offer for my topper and quoted someone a price for the rest of the machine and 2 hours later they release new code.

Quoted from Lopa:

The timing of this drop was impeccable.

#10430 2 years ago

Thanks, Dwight it was a great Christmas gift. I’ve owned and enjoyed this game since day 1 when it came out. This game is one of the most beautiful games Borg has designed especially the ramps.

#10431 2 years ago

Alas, I should have gotten a topper when I had the chance. New code!! Woot!!

#10432 2 years ago

Thanks dude, I owe you a beer. When we cross paths in the wild just remind me.

Quoted from Puffdanny:

You guys owe me lol. I'd been holding out and have a great offer for my topper and quoted someone a price for the rest of the machine and 2 hours later they release new code.

#10433 2 years ago

Merry Christmas!

#10434 2 years ago

A very welcome update, but no insider connected?

#10435 2 years ago

Finally gave up hope of a code update a couple months ago and sold my gorgeous Pinball refinery edition

#10436 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

A very welcome update, but no insider connected?

Let's hope not I was just informed the new codes with IC won't work unless you have the IC kit installed

#10437 2 years ago

Big thanks to you Dwight Xaqery and MERRY CHRISTMAS from all of us in the fab Munsters club. You’ve made our holidays!!

#10438 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Let's hope not I was just informed the new codes with IC won't work unless you have tje kit installed

What’s a tje kit?

#10439 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

We got a new game!!!

well, not at that point (lol), but nice to see Munsters getting some love...

#10440 2 years ago

you guys will need to let me know how the update is. i sold my LE quite a bit ago... hope its fab!!!

#10441 2 years ago

Now that I've read through it the core of the game has not changed but it looks like for those that were looking for more theme integration that is what you will get. Clearly they had to add a new mode just to come up with the challenge feature. Every other machine I've seen with that mode it's the wizard mode or one of the mini wizard modes. I like that Marylin has more to it and I hope you will now be able to get more extra balls. We'll see. I am glad to see it was more than just adding a few connected achievements.

#10442 2 years ago

in fact, SUPER SPINNER & SUPER LOOPS will be the same shoots !? as the spinner is on the left loop...

#10443 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

What’s a tje kit?

The insider connected kit. 2 people have verified to me this code will work without it.

#10444 2 years ago

Guys -

I was waiting for Thunderbird to sell his game but I guess thats not happening.

Seriously, I am sorry it took so long. There are reasons and some of them you can lay on my shoulders if needed.

This is the first of 2 planned updates. The second one will be in the future ( : -- ) and be mostly an Insider Connected update including about 70 Achievements .

If you like this update you can thank Corey, Danai, and Jerry; they did most of the heavy lifting. If you dont like this update you can blame me.

Merry Christmas

- Dwight

#10445 2 years ago

Thanks for the Christmas present.

Quoted from Xaqery:

Guys -
Seriously, I am sorry it took so long. There are reasons and some of them you can lay on my shoulders if needed.
This is the first of 2 planned updates. The second one will be in the future ( : -- ) and be mostly an Insider Connected update including about 70 Achievements .
If you like this update you can thank Corey, Danai, and Jerry; they did most of the heavy lifting. If you dont like this update you can blame me.
Merry Christmas
- Dwight

#10446 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

I lol'd.

#10447 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Guys -
Merry Christmas
- Dwight

Lol, Dwight, great laugh, but my wife wouldn’t let me ever sell it, nor would I want to now. We love your effort and thanks for being such a good sport about all this and giving us Munster fans some more code love. Your legacy is now assured and with another update coming, I’m over the moon.

#10448 2 years ago

Twas almost the night before Christmas, and what was the matter? Just a bunch of angry Munster's owners who felt Stern had no honor. When out of my inbox, arose an email from Stern wishing all a Merry Christmas and new code as well! (Bought Munster's NIB, sight unseen, sold it thinking this day would never come, hoping to hear great things about this update!)

Merry Christmas and Congrats to all the owners who stuck it out!

#10449 2 years ago
Quoted from mjsbowl:

Twas almost the night before Christmas, and what was the matter? Just a bunch of angry Munster's owners who felt Stern had no honor. When out of my inbox, arose an email from Stern wishing all a Merry Christmas and new code as well! (Bought Munster's NIB, sight unseen, sold it thinking this day would never come, hoping to hear great things about this update!)
Merry Christmas and Congrats to all the owners who stuck it out!

Loving it…now can we all vote this game back to where it should be, in the top 10, not number 99, lol.

#10450 2 years ago

My wife loves this game - it wasn't leaving but I am of course thrilled with the update! Thanks Dwight!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/209?hl=guss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.