pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 237.
#10351 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:So... looking for some input and help from Premium and LE owners. Does the lower playfield on your pins sit flush with the rest of the playfield, or slightly lower? I believe this is my problem with the balls 'taking flight'. You can even see when they are coming back down towards the flippers they drop and move ever so slightly. When you hit the ball up it launches into the air and bangs around. I got down to eye level and you can see it take flight.
I took the glass off and there's a lip around the entire lower playfield.
Any input is greatly appreciated as I want to make sure I get this figured out ASAP while still under 'warranty'.
Thank you

as i understand the miniplayfield glass should have the same heigth. In older post you can see how people got it on the same heigth checking with a plastic card and going round. with tightening or losening the screw you should be able to adjust it a little bit.

please see post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/74#post-4980189

#10352 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

as i understand the miniplayfield glass should have the same heigth. In older post you can see how people got it on the same heigth checking with a plastic card and going round. with tightening or losening the screw you should be able to adjust it a little bit.
please see post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/74#post-4980189

Thank you for sharing, at first glance this looks like a nightmare... I'm hoping the second and third time I read this I feel more confident. Definitely not the start I was hoping for with my first pinball machine. I guess I need to get the appropriate screwdrivers and tools now AND find an old credit card!

#10353 2 years ago

... and the plot thickens. These are all Phillips head screws.... not torx screws.

Feeling very uneasy about this pin. Was NIB from an authorized and reputable dealer.

#10354 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

... and the plot thickens. These are all Phillips head screws.... not torx screws.
Feeling very uneasy about this pin. Was NIB from an authorized and reputable dealer.

what is your build date of the machine? maybe they changed it in newer releases. There are always some tweaks, but the machine is worth the effort.

there are others who had phillips:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/159#post-5607049

removing the glass or the complete playfield from the underside will get much more easier once you have done it.
don't lose faith

#10355 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

please see post:

Maybe the mods could make this sticky. I have had to address lower play filed glass adjustments twice now.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/3?tu=cottonm4

Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Thank you for sharing, at first glance this looks like a nightmare... I'm hoping the second and third time I read this I feel more confident. Definitely not the start I was hoping for with my first pinball machine. I guess I need to get the appropriate screwdrivers and tools now AND find an old credit card!

If this looks like nightmare to you, then sell your pin now! This is one of the easiest pin adjustment jobs you will encounter.

It does not have to be a credit card, but credit cards work the best. Just keep adjusting the screws until you can slide the CC back and forth without it getting caught on a high edge. It is an exercise in patience. You might have to go all the way around 2-3 times as you work to dial it in.

The torx bit you need can be found in this Harbor Freight bit kit. Walmart is starting to stock a lot of tools and I think I have seen some bit kits there, too.

https://www.harborfreight.com/security-bit-set-with-case-100-pc-68457.html

68457_I (resized).jpg68457_I (resized).jpg

Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Don't sweat the small stuff. it is a countersunk head screw. That's all. If you don't like them, go buy some Torx head screws.

#10356 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Your going to need to drop the lower playfield occasionally to clean the window and playfield anyway.... its easy....

#10357 2 years ago

Don’t sweat it man. It’s a few bolts and a couple of wire clips to remove the lower playfield. It’s nice and easy as others have said. As for the lower playfield window adjustment it just takes a bit of time and practice as also stated already. I think Munsters is a great pin to work on. I had zero problems with my LE when I had it besides minor adjustments.

#10358 2 years ago

Still not 100% the way I want it but within a few games I hit 26Mil and my dad who hasn’t played pinball in 20 years hit 50mil.

This is technically why I wanted NIB. Thank you to all of you guys for helping me get this thing going. Almost feels embarrassing spending a large amount of money with issues... but I love the challenge and want it right before the other holidays

#10359 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I personally think the shaker really adds to it.

Do you (or anyone) remember what events it's used for? I'd assume at the end of the collecting jackpots sequence. Maybe when you hit Herman or Spot? Would like to know before buying one. Thanks.

#10360 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Still not 100% the way I want it but within a few games I hit 26Mil and my dad who hasn’t played pinball in 20 years hit 50mil.
This is technically why I wanted NIB. Thank you to all of you guys for helping me get this thing going. Almost feels embarrassing spending a large amount of money with issues... but I love the challenge and want it right before the other holidays

Look back at some post in thread about the washers for the lower play field they really help with getting it level. What they do is keep a better tension on the little o rings under the play field so that it will move up n down as u go around n adjust it. I did mine n it works great don’t get discouraged this is a great pin love mine

#10361 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Do you (or anyone) remember what events it's used for? I'd assume at the end of the collecting jackpots sequence. Maybe when you hit Herman or Spot? Would like to know before buying one. Thanks.

The shaker works great love it on my premium. It works on Draugula Herman jackpots n so on. Now make sure you get the factory one that you can move the weights around to adjust some of the hardness of the shaker. I bought one for my Guardians of galaxy n it was a different one n had no adjustments

#10362 2 years ago

Man finally got Munster Madness and what a blast it was all out just fun my grandkids love this pin n my guardians of galaxy. They said papa we need Deadpool
Tmnt I said I’m on the list for Elvira papa who’s that I laughed n then it was oh n a ghostbusters pin lol. I’m fixing to go broke lol.

#10363 2 years ago

I believe Stern replaced the lower playfield torx head screws with phillips head screws intentionally, during later builds, to make it even easier to remove or adjust.

Ours has phillips screws and there are small rubber gaskets on the screw threads to allow for leveling and prevent one from losing the screws.

Our has been out several times for cleaning. I use Novus 1 and then use the credit card method that Pinsiders suggested to level it. I just get it close and then alternate around, side edge to other side, top edge to bottom, until all edges are flush. No need to overtighten, just flush.

#10364 2 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I believe Stern replaced the lower playfield torx head screws with phillips head screws intentionally, during later builds, to make it even easier to remove or adjust.
Ours has phillips screws and there are small rubber gaskets on the screw threads to allow for leveling and prevent one from losing the screws.
Our has been out several times for cleaning. I use Novus 1 and then use the credit card method that Pinsiders suggested to level it. I just get it close and then alternate around, side edge to other side, top edge to bottom, until all edges are flush. No need to overtighten, just flush.

Much easier to drop the lower playfield for cleaning.... once that window is level leave it alone.....

#10365 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Haven't been in this thread for a bit....the lower playfield, as well as the window, are extremely easy to service, clean, adjust. Entire mech comes out easier than most all the upper pf's I have to deal with.

Leveling the window is crazy easy w a flat edge of a credit card or anything ( non metallic of course to avoid scratching). You will need to pull it once in awhile to clean anyway. Enjoy the game!!!

Ps- buy these, and forget about ever needing the right size for any of the small stuff on any game...quality and well worth the $$$ if you have several pins:

20211205_094439 (resized).jpg20211205_094439 (resized).jpg
#10366 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Much easier to drop the lower playfield for cleaning.... once that window is level leave it alone.....

True, but I pull mine on occasion to make certain the screws don't seize ( generally put a drop of machine oil on those actually) don't want one of those to break off down the road...could be a pita

#10367 2 years ago

Side note - My Son in Law came by last weekend for the holidays...he's the only one in my family that truly spends hours on the pins when they all get together.

This time, he stayed on Munsters almost exclusively....slightly below average player and the machine consistently kicked his ass to the point of profanity. Was a blast to watch him suffer w such a " shallow" game. Just because you know what to do, doesn't mean you can, and it can really have brutal moments to it. Entire package w interactive topper truly hard to beat for me...

Still one of my favorites...makes me smile every time....

#10368 2 years ago

Alright, back again, trying to install the shaker motor and I don’t see any ‘t-nuts’ on the bottom of the machine.

I know I can buy these but is this an issue?

Color premium is what I have.

Thank you in advance

#10369 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

True, but I pull mine on occasion to make certain the screws don't seize ( generally put a drop of machine oil on those actually) don't want one of those to break off down the road...could be a pita

I guess I am not sure once the window is leveled etc......why would you need to ever remove it...... unless I guess you need to replace it....

#10370 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Haven't been in this thread for a bit....the lower playfield, as well as the window, are extremely easy to service, clean, adjust. Entire mech comes out easier than most all the upper pf's I have to deal with.
Leveling the window is crazy easy w a flat edge of a credit card or anything ( non metallic of course to avoid scratching). You will need to pull it once in awhile to clean anyway. Enjoy the game!!!
Ps- buy these, and forget about ever needing the right size for any of the small stuff on any game...quality and well worth the $$$ if you have several pins:
[quoted image]

I don't understand. There are no missing bits, or bits from other sets crammed in this one. What kind of wizardry is this?!

#10371 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Side note - My Son in Law came by last weekend for the holidays...he's the only one in my family that truly spends hours on the pins when they all get together.
This time, he stayed on Munsters almost exclusively....slightly below average player and the machine consistently kicked his ass to the point of profanity. Was a blast to watch him suffer w such a " shallow" game. Just because you know what to do, doesn't mean you can, and it can really have brutal moments to it. Entire package w interactive topper truly hard to beat for me...
Still one of my favorites...makes me smile every time....

Even with all our new LEs, this one still remains family favorite and we all have a blast playing through the Munsters antics. Sights, sounds and call outs all top notch! All newbies point to our Munsters as the most loaded machine of them all. The lower PF is the best and most underappreicated mech in all of pinball.

#10372 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Even with all our new LEs, this one still remains family favorite and we all have a blast playing through the Munsters antics. Sights, sounds and call outs all top notch! All newbies point to our Munsters as the most loaded machine of them all. The lower PF is the best and most underappreicated mech in all of pinball.

Everything u just said is dead on we love ours just a beautiful n absolutely beautiful pin to play waiting on my pin stadium lights to make it a light show from beyond lol

#10373 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Everything u just said is dead on we love ours just a beautiful n absolutely beautiful pin to play waiting on my pin stadium lights to make it a light show from beyond lol

You will love them!!

#10374 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

THIS!

Quoted from JMCFAN:

I guess I am not sure once the window is leveled etc......why would you need to ever remove it...... unless I guess you need to replace it....

ALSO THIS!!

#10375 2 years ago

If you are enjoying your Munsters, thank Gary Stern as he talks about the casual player.

Start at 25:50. At 26:45 it gets interesting.

#10376 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

If you are enjoying your Munsters, thank Gary Stern as he talks about the casual player.

Hahaha. Holy cow what a wild stream of consciousness.

#10377 2 years ago

Hey everyone! My wife is constantly getting in my ear about our "broken" Munsters, and I'm hoping to dive in and get the fix done. We've owned this since 2019 and it has gotten regular play over those two years. Back in September, Grandpa's Scoop started turning every ejected ball into a house ball... right down the middle with no way to save.

Upon investigation, I found a crack in one of the metal wings (left side) that is responsible for the diversion of the ball when ejected.

I ordered Cliffy's protector for the Grandpa Scoop, but I haven't been able to find ample instructions on the best way to replace this piece. I believe I can identify everything I would need to remove or take apart in order to replace this piece, except for the two screws that actually anchor it into to place (the two bolts behind the scoop). It appears as if I need to go under the playfield in order to access these two.

I'm hoping someone here has replaced this piece and can give me some advice on the best way to approach this. Should I try to remove those two bolts first (under the playfield) and then remove the pieces around the scoop on the playfield. Any advice would be welcome!

Thanks everyone!

#10378 2 years ago

I think I had to remove the marylin ramp and the plastics around the scoop. Then there are 2 screws behind the scoop that you take out and the protector slides up over the scoop. Then just replace going the other way. Not too bad. Pretty sure I did not have to touch anything under the playfield.

#10379 2 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Hey everyone! My wife is constantly getting in my ear about our "broken" Munsters, and I'm hoping to dive in and get the fix done. We've owned this since 2019 and it has gotten regular play over those two years. Back in September, Grandpa's Scoop started turning every ejected ball into a house ball... right down the middle with no way to save.
Upon investigation, I found a crack in one of the metal wings (left side) that is responsible for the diversion of the ball when ejected.
I ordered Cliffy's protector for the Grandpa Scoop, but I haven't been able to find ample instructions on the best way to replace this piece. I believe I can identify everything I would need to remove or take apart in order to replace this piece, except for the two screws that actually anchor it into to place (the two bolts behind the scoop). It appears as if I need to go under the playfield in order to access these two.
I'm hoping someone here has replaced this piece and can give me some advice on the best way to approach this. Should I try to remove those two bolts first (under the playfield) and then remove the pieces around the scoop on the playfield. Any advice would be welcome!
Thanks everyone!

it's quite a long time since i did it. But i don't think i needed to get the two screws holding the metal protector in place from the under side.
As i remember i did it from above. I needed to loosen the post on the left side of the scoop.
i did not remove the marilyn ramp but i remove the plastics connected to the ramp, the grandpa plastic, the flasher. Then i removed the two screws holding the metal thing. As the metal got not loose and it was a little pressed down by the post, i loosend it. After this i was able to lift it over the metal scoop. It was tricky but can be done.

i hope this helps a little? After putting in cliffys protector i never had to do it again.

#10380 2 years ago

My cliffy replacement is bending in the same spot but it's not getting close to breaking yet after probably 2k games. Pretty sure it will eventually break like the original one though. I need to remove it soon and see about bending the flaps back out. They have been bending inward and now I get a lot of rejects from the scoop that should be going in.

#10381 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

it's quite a long time since i did it. But i don't think i needed to get the two screws holding the metal protector in place from the under side.
As i remember i did it from above. I needed to loosen the post on the left side of the scoop.
i did not remove the marilyn ramp but i remove the plastics connected to the ramp, the grandpa plastic, the flasher. Then i removed the two screws holding the metal thing. As the metal got not loose and it was a little pressed down by the post, i loosend it. After this i was able to lift it over the metal scoop. It was tricky but can be done.
i hope this helps a little? After putting in cliffys protector i never had to do it again.

Thanks I'll give it a shot this weekend. I realized after reading your response and taking a look again, the reason I thought I would need to go under the playfield is that they are two BOLTS holding down the back protector around the scoop, not screws. So I figured I would have a nut on the underside that I would have to manage. Do those two bolts ring any bells or do you still think you did it from the top?

#10382 2 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Thanks I'll give it a shot this weekend. I realized after reading your response and taking a look again, the reason I thought I would need to go under the playfield is that they are two BOLTS holding down the back protector around the scoop, not screws. So I figured I would have a nut on the underside that I would have to manage. Do those two bolts ring any bells or do you still think you did it from the top?

found a post where you can see what i am speaking off. there two of these and you loose them from top.
on the left is the post i was speaking of. It may press down the metal.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
original post and foto here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/67#post-4959682

#10383 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

found a post where you can see what i am speaking off. there two of these and you loose them from top.
on the left is the post i was speaking of. It may press down the metal.
[quoted image]
original post and foto here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/67#post-4959682

THANK YOU! My impatient self decided to just dive in and not wait for the weekend.. I did have to remove that post, which caused me to go under the playfield to remove a single nut, but it was not the nightmare I thought it might be. The two bolts/screws I was worried about came off pretty easily, and had their own threading in the PF.

My wife is currently going ham on it now that it is fixed. Once she realized that I was doing the repair, she waited patiently with me the whole time, and even kept my screws/nuts organized. The Cliffy Scoop protector went in well, no more HOUSE BALLS out of Grandpa's Scoop.

Happy wife, happy life, and now all 5 pins can be played simultaneously!

Thanks to everyone who helped guide me through this with their own experiences.

#10384 2 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

THANK YOU! My impatient self decided to just dive in and not wait for the weekend.. I did have to remove that post, which caused me to go under the playfield to remove a single nut, but it was not the nightmare I thought it might be. The two bolts/screws I was worried about came off pretty easily, and had their own threading in the PF.
My wife is currently going ham on it now that it is fixed. Once she realized that I was doing the repair, she waited patiently with me the whole time, and even kept my screws/nuts organized. The Cliffy Scoop protector went in well, no more HOUSE BALLS out of Grandpa's Scoop.
Happy wife, happy life, and now all 5 pins can be played simultaneously!
Thanks to everyone who helped guide me through this with their own experiences.

Thanks all....I have the Cliffy and its on my list... this weekend....

#10385 2 years ago

even the turtles love the Munsters

Munsters_in_TMNT (resized).JPGMunsters_in_TMNT (resized).JPG
#10386 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

even the turtles love the Munsters
[quoted image]

Did you do that or real code

#10387 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Did you do that or real code

it's custom. but i like it much better than the other short movies. It plays the munsters intro trailer now

#10388 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

it's custom. but i like it much better than the other short movies. It plays the munsters intro trailer now

That's too cool.

#10389 2 years ago

Anyone have any extra Wolfie plungers or the stern toppers they’d be willing to part with?

#10390 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Watched a portion of this video. Well worth the time. Thanks for posting the link.

#10391 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Anyone have any extra Wolfie plungers or the stern toppers they’d be willing to part with?

Not at a reasonable price

#10392 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Not at a reasonable price

I’m an avid munster fan looking to be taking advantage of haha

#10393 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I’m an avid munster fan looking to be taking advantage of haha

i was ready to take advantage of the "market" a few months back but not so sure now

#10394 2 years ago

This marilyn ramp and spot ramp are tough. Spot is always either the last for me to get or is just chilling on the ramp when I need something else. Any advice on this?

#10395 2 years ago

Spot is my least favorite mode of the game, I try and save it for last as well.

Quoted from GoldenBeard:

This marilyn ramp and spot ramp are tough. Spot is always either the last for me to get or is just chilling on the ramp when I need something else. Any advice on this?

#10396 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Agreed…I wish he would time out without having to keep hitting switches.

#10397 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

I like to get it out of the way by stacking it with Grandpa. Get grandpa qualified but don't start it. Start spot then shoot the scoop and grandpa will start. At least on the pro. This way you get 2 kitty shots right off the bat and I usually try to start Lily to get the third. Once the modes are complete start herman and increase playfield to 6x. Then start Raven keeping it a 6x. Then start munster madness with continued 6x. Even if I don't pick up the supers for spot or grandpa by this point I usually have 5 or 6 supers to cash in for 35-40 mil and munster madness is going crazy.

Then just rinse and repeat for the second/third trips to munster madness. Huge points and avoids spot for the most part.

#10398 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I like to get it out of the way by stacking it with Grandpa. Get grandpa qualified but don't start it. Start spot then shoot the scoop and grandpa will start. At least on the pro. This way you get 2 kitty shots right off the bat and I usually try to start Lily to get the third. Once the modes are complete start herman and increase playfield to 6x. Then start Raven keeping it a 6x. Then start munster madness with continued 6x. Even if I don't pick up the supers for spot or grandpa by this point I usually have 5 or 6 supers to cash in for 35-40 mil and munster madness is going crazy.
Then just rinse and repeat for the second/third trips to munster madness. Huge points and avoids spot for the most part.

Great strategy,pretty much how I go about it. I almost never try to collect spot instead I shoot for lily and kitty and if I collect those quick I'll go for Eddy. Spot is the most dangerous shot in the game and not worth much in points even with the multiplier.

#10399 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Great strategy,pretty much how I go about it. I almost never try to collect spot instead I shoot for lily and kitty and if I collect those quick I'll go for Eddy. Spot is the most dangerous shot in the game and not worth much in points even with the multiplier.

much safer to backhand it from the left flipper if you want to but yeah, not a lot of points so I don't bother. no risk reward.

#10400 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Has anyone tried seeing if this strategy works on Pre/LE?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/208?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.