IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg

There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 237.
#10151 2 years ago

I’ve been trying to find it in thread got any ideas about we’re in the threads n I know this is a stupid question but am I copying a image n then printed it to color were do I get the images or am I use in the yellow cards came with it thanks for trying to help me

#10152 2 years ago

Anyone need a 3D rail support printed I added it to my shop! I can print & paint black or brown

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1346-almighty-mods/05351-munsters-rail-support-

#10153 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I printed from my color inkjet printer on 4x3 photo paper, let it dry, then cropped it. There are instructions in the thread. It's not that hard

I took the images to CVS and had them professionally print them on photo paper and then cut them to the correct size. Seems like it ran be about 3 bucks and I have some extras now in case I ever need them.

#10154 2 years ago

So did u print them out on regular paper n take them or can they pull them off your phone

#10155 2 years ago

Anybody know of a distributor that has a Munsters in stock? My distributor got shorted and I'd like to get one before Stern does their price increase. Message me if you know of anyone who got some extra ones in. Thanks

#10156 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Hey all! Considering buying a Pro model, as it is in my price range and has low plays. I’ve only played a Premium and loved it, missed my chance to the the B&W when they were still in production which is really the only Premium that I would want. The lower playfield is super fun to me, but I’m wondering if the Pro is good enough to scratch the itch. I’m not willing to pay the prices for used premiums these days. I love the artwork on the Pro, so maybe it checks enough boxes to make up for the loss of the lower playfield? IDK I’ve been a Munsters fan since I was a kid watching reruns with my dad so I think any version of the machine would do it for me.

I really liked the lower playfield until I played one today and the ball was being affected by the acrylic plastic window that covers the lower playfield. The edges get warped or something.

#10157 2 years ago

Hey all! Considering buying a Pro model, as it is in my price range and has low plays. I’ve only played a Premium and loved it, missed my chance to the the B&W when they were still in production which is really the only Premium that I would want. The lower playfield is super fun to me, but I’m wondering if the Pro is good enough to scratch the itch. I’m not willing to pay the prices for used premiums these days. I love the artwork on the Pro, so maybe it checks enough boxes to make up for the loss of the lower playfield? IDK I’ve been a Munsters fan since I was a kid watching reruns with my dad so I think any version of the machine would do it for me.

I own a Pro, but recently played a Prem on location. Can't say I was thrilled by the lower PF, especially the smaller balls. Not trying to rain on the Prem owners tho.

Any chance you can play a Pro near you?

#10158 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I really liked the lower playfield until I played one today and the ball was being affected by the acrylic plastic window that covers the lower playfield. The edges get warped or something.

When Munsters first came out, cointaker had a black and white, and a color premium at Replay fx, and the color one did the same thing and it was brand new, so I don't think the window warps, I just think it has to be leveled some how (maybe someone who has one can chime in). You can also disable the lower play field if you don't like it.

#10159 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

You can slightly adjust the height of the window. Mine was doing this a little when I first got it.

Quoted from mbwalker:

I own a Pro, but recently played a Prem on location. Can't say I was thrilled by the lower PF, especially the smaller balls. Not trying to rain on the Prem owners tho.

I hated the lower playfield at first but as I’ve learned how to play those smaller balls it’s really grown on me.

#10160 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

After playing the game a bunch now, think those not understanding lower PF mostly have either played only pros or not much at all on a premium. Munsters lower PF is a very unique complex mech and a blast to play. Don’t think there is another mech to it’s equal in all of pinball. No it’s not Stewie pinball, I’ve played that too and not even close. Tired of AC/DC lower PF fast and boring imo, but not this one. Munsters lower PF adds to the game fun and intensity big time. Without it, you’re only experiencing a little over half the game, imo.

Playing the lower playfield with multiple balls trapped on the main playfield is a fun challenge and pure awesomeness!
The smaller balls only make for a visual treat, going from large in your face pinballs, to lower, looking as if they are far down in the basement. Once technique of lower PF is learned, a truly unique pinball playing experience ensues.

Here's a little tip. During Lilly with 6x playfield, every shot to the Lilly target is 3 Million.

#10161 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

There are 10 Torx head screws that attach the plastic window to the play field. These screws are adjustable and you can raise or lower the window as needed.

Get the proper size Torx driver and a credit card, or something similar to a credit card.

Cut the card into a triangle with sharp corners.

IMG_7307 (resized).JPGIMG_7307 (resized).JPG

Slide the card back and forth across the window where the window and play field meet. If the corner of the card gets caught on the edge of the window when you are coming from the play field, then the window is too high; You will need to lower the window by adjusting the Torx screw clockwise.

If the card catches on the play field when sliding the card from the window, then the window is too low. Make Torx screw adjustments by turning the screw counter clockwise. Keep doing this at all 10 Torx locations until you can slide the card back and forth without it catching on any edges.

Adjusting is not difficult but it came take a little time because as you adjust one screw it may affect another screw and you might have to readjust a screw you just adjusted.

#10162 2 years ago

but I’m wondering if the Pro is good enough to scratch the itch.

The Pro is good enough to scratch the itch. Lighting Grandpa's Lab is a bit more of a challenge on the Premium and LE. But the Pro is no slouch. Without the lower window, the game flows a little bit faster. I liked the Lower play field when I had my LE, but I played it both ways and like either way.

I see you also live in Wichita. I am on the east side. Where are you at?

#10163 2 years ago

We love our B&W Premium! The art is awesome and it is still very colourful with all the lights! Installed shaker motor which really adds to the experience. Would like to get a topper one day...but not going to pay an arm and a leg for one. I did need to contact Stern about the issue with the Herman plastic part (see post #9948 etc.). They replied quickly and sent out a new plastic piece with metal reinforcement underneath. While I was repairing that issue I also noticed the problem with the left wire rail bending (see post #9999 etc.) and was able to get the 3D printed parts made and installed with no problem. Also installed a full cliffy set and custom apron cards that I made in Photoshop using a spot colour/B&W technique to match the artwork. The machine is really underrated on this site. Dare I say, "Bolted to the floor"?

IMG_2106 (resized).JPGIMG_2106 (resized).JPGIMG_2160 (resized).JPGIMG_2160 (resized).JPG
#10164 2 years ago

That’s sweet just got my premium color last week I love ❤️ it wish I had some apron cards made for it I tried on here what they said to do but couldn’t get them to download

#10165 2 years ago
Quoted from Sling_shot:

...I also noticed the problem with the left wire rail bending (see post #9999 etc.) and was able to get the 3D printed parts made and installed with no problem. Also installed a full cliffy set and custom apron cards that I made in Photoshop using a spot colour/B&W technique to match the artwork. The machine is really underrated on this site. Dare I say, "Bolted to the floor"?
[quoted image][quoted image]

When I printed the rail support for my Pro, I rotated it 90 degrees so the layers were vertical (i.e. perpendicular to the rail). I was worried about the layers being parallel to the rail, causing the print to eventually split. Not sure if it makes any difference, just more of FYI. Had mine in for maybe a year, so far, so good - but don't play everyday.

#10166 2 years ago
Quoted from Sling_shot:

We love our B&W Premium! The art is awesome and it is still very colourful with all the lights! Installed shaker motor which really adds to the experience. Would like to get a topper one day...but not going to pay an arm and a leg for one. I did need to contact Stern about the issue with the Herman plastic part (see post #9948 etc.). They replied quickly and sent out a new plastic piece with metal reinforcement underneath. While I was repairing that issue I also noticed the problem with the left wire rail bending (see post #9999 etc.) and was able to get the 3D printed parts made and installed with no problem. Also installed a full cliffy set and custom apron cards that I made in Photoshop using a spot colour/B&W technique to match the artwork. The machine is really underrated on this site. Dare I say, "Bolted to the floor"?

Just curious what’s the $ cut off point for a topper?

#10167 2 years ago

We have confirmation of at least one code update from stern for Munsters.

To support their Stern Pinball Insider Connected gadget/software. At minute 1:54 they show it in the list of games that will support it.

https://fb.watch/7FjqSAcEyB/

#10168 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Just curious what’s the $ cut off point for a topper?

For me it would be around the original retail price but unfortunately I understand the asking price is a lot more.

#10169 2 years ago

Since I’ve seen so many complaints about code and Munsters not being so deep , how would you guys compare the game to 90s Bally
games ?

#10170 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

We have confirmation of at least one code update from stern for Munsters.
To support their Stern Pinball Insider Connected gadget/software. At minute 1:54 they show it in the list of games that will support it.
https://fb.watch/7FjqSAcEyB/

Maybe the achievement will be "yay you played it" lol.

I am hoping they do a bit more but with all the games they are updating I worry they have been too busy to do much to the older games

#10171 2 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Since I’ve seen so many complaints about code and Munsters not being so deep , how would you guys compare the game to 90s Bally
games ?

It's less deep than afm or medieval madness mode wise. More to do than bride of pinbot or pinbot if you go back to the 80's. You have 5 main modes, 3 main multiballs, with a collect super jackpot and playfield multiplier main goal for scoring.

Newer players love it and kids dig it.

#10172 2 years ago

Anyone hear the news about a Munsters movie being developed by Rob Zombie? If you follow his social media he posts photos of costumes, the house being built, etc. This movie will bring a lot of new Munster fans into the collecting World. I see a huge spike in interest for Munsters Pinball coming soon.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14813212/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_1

Munsters-House-Construction (resized).jpgMunsters-House-Construction (resized).jpg
#10173 2 years ago

I need a little help I just installed my Shaker Motor I’ve tried all the settings is sometimes supposed to rattle the hole floor at times and then sometimes it’s just normal like hitting Herman is great but when u get in Dracula it will shake the hole room I was wandering is this normal or are there some settings I’m not seeing. Thanks

#10174 2 years ago

Maybe the achievement will be "yay you played it" lol.
I am hoping they do a bit more but with all the games they are updating I worry they have been too busy to do much to the older games

Quoted from big-c66:

I need a little help I just installed my Shaker Motor I’ve tried all the settings is sometimes supposed to rattle the hole floor at times and then sometimes it’s just normal like hitting Herman is great but when u get in Dracula it will shake the hole room I was wandering is this normal or are there some settings I’m not seeing. Thanks

Open the coin door.
Go to:
Service menu->Adjustments->Feature Adjustments->Shaker Motor

Set to preference. Default is maximum.

#10175 2 years ago

I did I’ve tried all settings the same thing happens it will shake the entire room
I just read u can move one of the weights on shaker motor and it want be as bad so I might try that n see what happens

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10176 2 years ago

You need to move the weights on the shaker? Adjust to your liking!

#10177 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I did I’ve tried all settings the same thing happens it will shake the entire room
I just read u can move one of the weights on shaker motor and it want be as bad so I might try that n see what happens

Removing one of the weights is not advised.. Either disable it or remove it if your not happy with the way it works.

#10178 2 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Just disable it and be done.

?? Game needs a shaker.....

#10179 2 years ago

I’m not taken a weight off just going to turn it I found a topic on here n it shows what to do turning one 90 degrees n makes it not shaken the whole room

#10180 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

?? Game needs a shaker.....

Acyually... The Shaker motor is an option... It comes standard on the Limited Editions and its optional on the Pro and Premium models. If you do not have a Limited Edition you need to install it on your own. The short answer is you don't need it but it adds so much fun i can't imagine playing the game without it.

#10181 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I’m not taken a weight off just going to turn it I found a topic on here n it shows what to do turning one 90 degrees n makes it not shaken the whole room

I do not advise this but i'm sure your going to attempt it.. The shaker motor is made to fit only one way in this cabinet.. There is not enough room in this cabinet for the weights to spin freely if altered from within its current location.. It will just hangup. If your going to attempt this, then i suggest you try the shaker motor in the service menu to make sure it still works.. And i can Guarantee the cover won't fit.. This is specific for The Munsters. On other machines perhaps.

#10182 2 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Acyually... The Shaker motor is an option... It comes standard on the Limited Editions and its optional on the Pro and Premium models. If you do not have a Limited Edition you need to install it on your own. The short answer is you don't need it but it adds so much fun i can't imagine playing the game without it.

Thats kinda what I meant... I have a LE...but added shaker to my JP and Batman.... it just adds to the game...IMHO

#10183 2 years ago

So I turned the weight 90degres n it’s a lot better on the shaker motor love it on this pin now I’m putting one on my guardians of galaxy tomorrow can’t wait .

#10184 2 years ago

I have had a ton of requests over the last few months for 3D/Lenticular Munsters cards.... I just finished those up and they are available in my Pinside store if anyone is interested-

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/05364-the-munsters-lenticular-3d-apron-cards

Simulated 3D Effect (really difficult to show on camera, looks really cool in person)-
Munsters.gifMunsters.gif

#10185 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I have had a ton of requests over the last few months for 3D/Lenticular Munsters cards.... I just finished those up and they are available in my Pinside store if anyone is interested-
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/05364-the-munsters-lenticular-3d-apron-cards
Simulated 3D Effect (really difficult to show on camera, looks really cool in person)-
[quoted image]

These are cool, you say on your site that they can be printed on a clear background so they can be lighted, do you have any pictures or video of these?

#10186 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

These are cool, you say on your site that they can be printed on a clear background so they can be lighted, do you have any pictures or video of these?

I keep all my designs in one thread....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lenticular-apron-cards

In that thread there is a set of Walking Dead done with the clear backlit with EL Paper- https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lenticular-apron-cards/page/4#post-6321038

Hopefully that helps a bit.... Any other questions, just let me know.
Thanks, Tim

#10187 2 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

When I brought my LE home I turned on the shaker motor and turned it off 10 seconds later. I thought it was going to shake the pin across the room. My friend has some pins with shakers on. They are not my cup of tea.

#10188 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

[quoted image]

One more quick note...I can make these in Grey Scale (not true Vivid black and white) as an alternative to color.

20210902_223025 (resized).jpg20210902_223025 (resized).jpg20210902_223214 (resized).jpg20210902_223214 (resized).jpg20210902_223238 (resized).jpg20210902_223238 (resized).jpg
#10189 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

One more quick note...I can make these in Grey Scale (not true Vivid black and white) as an alternative to color.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi, so are these specifically for the Limited, Premium Color versions or for the Black & White Premium? Also, will you be making a third matching center card?? I have a Premium Black & White edition. Tnx

20210903_100213 (resized).jpg20210903_100213 (resized).jpg20210903_100154 (resized).jpg20210903_100154 (resized).jpg

#10190 2 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Hi, so are these specifically for the Limited, Premium Color versions or for the Black & White Premium? Also, will you be making a third matching center card??[quoted image][quoted image]

Good question.... I made the black and white on request, I honestly don't know what configurations of Munsters are out there other than one was color and one was black and white. I wasn't aware there was a model with a 3rd center card, as I worked under the assumption that the center was a sticker on all Sterns.

I am very flexible in what I can offer. On certain Stern LE's, there is only one card on the left, I can do just one card, black and white, color, etc.

If you let me know what you are looking for specifically, I can probably accomodate in some fashion. That being said, I am not sure if there will be a 3rd/middle card in the works anytime soon.

I appreciate your time!

#10191 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Good question.... I made the black and white on request, I honestly don't know what configurations of Munsters are out there other than one was color and one was black and white. I wasn't aware there was a model with a 3rd center card, as I worked under the assumption that the center was a sticker on all Sterns.
I am very flexible in what I can offer. On certain Stern LE's, there is only one card on the left, I can do just one card, black and white, color, etc.
If you let me know what you are looking for specifically, I can probably accomodate in some fashion. That being said, I am not sure if there will be a 3rd/middle card in the works anytime soon.
I appreciate your time!

https://imgproxy.pinside.com/Smffg2WvhzkohdnnFUyAstbKFmzGSNMn7a6QGwdek4Q/rs:fit:2048:2048/q:70/aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tL2YvOGEvNzgvZjhhNzg5NmQ5ZDhjYjU3MzFhYzE0MDUyMjM0ZjRjODJiOTYxYmQ4Ni5qcGc
This would look good lenticular with out the yellow warning!

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#10192 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I appreciate your time!

Hi, well the Black & White Premium as well as the Color Premium both have a center card.. Not sure where you are getting your information that it does not?? These cards your making just will not look right and make no sense if only the left and right cards were upgraded and end up not match the center card.. In other words, is it really that difficult to make this the correct way and provide a 3rd matching center card?? Tnx

20210903_100154 (resized).jpg20210903_100154 (resized).jpg20210903_112944 (resized).jpg20210903_112944 (resized).jpg

#10194 2 years ago

Topper question: When I had my LE I bought a topper for it. Like most toppers Stern was putting out the door, my topper had a problem with one of the LEDs inside. These LEDs are polarized and mine was wired backwards from the factory. I fixed it.

That LED light in the topper had a part number. I viewed the part on Marco's website. I no longer have the LE and have also sold the topper so I cannot look for myself.

Would anybody by chance have the part number handy for the LEDs used the in topper?

Thanks.

#10195 2 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Hi, well the Black & White Premium as well as the Color Premium both have a center card.. Not sure where you are getting your information that it does not?? These cards your making just will not look right and make no sense if only the left and right cards were upgraded and end up not match the center card.. In other words, is it really that difficult to make this the correct way and provide a 3rd matching center card?? Tnx

I believe the center “card“ is a sticker.
Out of town so can’t verify at the moment
Although it would look cool with out the yellow warning .

#10196 2 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

In other words, is it really that difficult to make this the correct way and provide a 3rd matching center card?? Tnx

It wouldn't be difficult to do, time is the bigger issue. That being said, are you sure that isn't a sticker with notches on the corners? I haven't seen a 3 card apron from Stern before.

#10197 2 years ago

It's a sticker on my machine which is a pro

#10198 2 years ago

It's a sticker on my machine which is a pro

Can one make lenticular stickers?

#10199 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Can one make lenticular stickers?

I actually can.... Just never thought of going that route before. I would have to do some testing, as the lenticular lenses are VERY picky about the material they work with.

#10200 2 years ago

Sticker on my LE as well

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/204?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.