Munsters_in_TMNT (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
20211205_094439 (resized).jpg
68457_I (resized).jpg
20211116_234436 (resized).jpg
20211116_213509 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 3.24.59 PM (resized).jpg
8B38F72F-B24D-4522-B8B7-F20C1E3F4460 (resized).png

There are 10,633 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 213.
#10051 5 months ago

What is the best way to get access to Grandpa's Laboratory? I need to clean that playfield and install the ramp cover. Thanks everyone!

#10052 5 months ago
Quoted from chewiec:

What is the best way to get access to Grandpa's Laboratory? I need to clean that playfield and install the ramp cover. Thanks everyone!

Here's a link to previous posts. I also recommend this method.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/156#post-5596100

#10054 5 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Look at mezel mods n pinball life just type in Munster pinball mods and it will have all kind of sights. I’ve got to get my pin stadium lights order for it I’ve played one that had them n it’s fantastic I boys set for my guardians of galaxy n love them man it can’t get here quick enough I’ve been waiting sense March 1

Thanks! There are a lot of mods for this machine, I'm going to go crazy when it finally arrives!

#10055 5 months ago

Does anyone know who sells the smaller pinballs used in the lower playfield? I'm just curious, I like to replace the balls in my machines on a regular basis, and haven't seen them sold anywhere.

#10056 5 months ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

Does anyone know who sells the smaller pinballs used in the lower playfield? I'm just curious, I like to replace the balls in my machines on a regular basis, and haven't seen them sold anywhere.

eBay
Roller bearings carbon steel

#10057 5 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

eBay
Roller bearings carbon steel

Thanks, but I still didn't see them, only sealed bearings.

#10058 5 months ago

Thanks, but I still didn't see them, only sealed bearings.

ebay.com link: itm
Here is an example verify the correct size

#10059 5 months ago

Hey I got mine from marcos they are 5/8 diameter for the correct sizing.

Cheers!

#10060 5 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

Here is an example verify the correct size

Ok, Thanks for the links!

#10061 5 months ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Hey I got mine from marcos they are 5/8 diameter for the correct sizing.
Cheers!

Thank you! I was wondering what the correct size was, because i know they are smaller than a regular pinball.

#10062 5 months ago

Alright got word from a friend who talked to his distributor he’s receive in 10 Munster premium this coming week so looks like they went back on line earlier than October 23 so I’m hoping my distributor is getting some to I’m pumped

#10063 5 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Alright got word from a friend who talked to his distributor he’s receive in 10 Munster premium this coming week so looks like they went back on line earlier than October 23 so I’m hoping my distributor is getting some to I’m pumped

I sure hope so, I talked to my distributor last week, and he told me Stern was backlogged and he didn't know when he was going to get any.

This is great news though, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

#10064 5 months ago

Got word yesterday that mine has shipped.

#10065 5 months ago

Hi
Can anyone tell me if this bracket should be bent like this?
Or should it be flat?
Thanks!

1628977113321223765357531987356 (resized).jpg20210814_163712 (resized).jpg
#10066 5 months ago

Sometimes the spot trapdoor doesn’t close even though the spot flashing light at base of stairs goes out. I’m not really sure when or how long spot is suppose to stay up though… After it seems like he should have gone down, it is still up with trap door open, but hitting back bumpers vibrates enough I’ll see spot lower slightly until it eventually shuts. That doesn’t seem like game behavior.

I took glass off and started a game and got to a state where I thought spot should have gone down, and just lightly tapped the top of trap door with my finger and it shut. And any modes that use spot (lights sounds etc) after they stop, he stays up.

So it seems like the door has too much tension as it just barely gets stuck open sometimes. I tried using a tiny amount of wd40 on the hinges I could reach, but no real improvement.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

#10067 5 months ago
Quoted from Chopplebrains:

Sometimes the spot trapdoor doesn’t close even though the spot flashing light at base of stairs goes out. I’m not really sure when or how long spot is suppose to stay up though… After it seems like he should have gone down, it is still up with trap door open, but hitting back bumpers vibrates enough I’ll see spot lower slightly until it eventually shuts. That doesn’t seem like game behavior.
I took glass off and started a game and got to a state where I thought spot should have gone down, and just lightly tapped the top of trap door with my finger and it shut. And any modes that use spot (lights sounds etc) after they stop, he stays up.
So it seems like the door has too much tension as it just barely gets stuck open sometimes. I tried using a tiny amount of wd40 on the hinges I could reach, but no real improvement.

I ran into this a while back. In my case the white spacer on the plunger arm was binding. I had to remove the screws to the bracket with the white spacer.on it and adjust it until it no longer stuck. Wasn't hard but did take some time.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/183#post-5918983

#10068 5 months ago

Thanks for the pointer! I’ll give that a try!

#10069 5 months ago
Quoted from Chopplebrains:

Never use oil on a Pinball

#10070 5 months ago
Quoted from Thompson69:

Got word yesterday that mine has shipped.

Great news! I hope mine ships soon!

#10071 5 months ago

All of you happy new buyers, you will enjoy your Munsters. But just remember the code you get may be all of the code you will ever get so live with what you knowingly bought. You get no privilege to cry about the code.

You bought a fantastic pinball machine.

#10072 5 months ago
Quoted from Malibu-SS:

Hi
Can anyone tell me if this bracket should be bent like this?
Or should it be flat?
Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

If what you are holding in your hand came from this area by Herman, then it is supposed to be flat. Someone, at least a year back, did some 3D prints of a block that fits behind that wire and keeps it straight.

33a6544044ef8fead2b5a01f57780d545a402ce2 (resized).jpg

#10073 5 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

If what you are holding in your hand came from this area by Herman, then it is supposed to be flat. Someone, at least a year back, did some 3D prints of a block that fits behind that wire and keeps it straight.
[quoted image]

thanks
thats what I figured.
I was installing that block when I came across it being bent.
I straightened it,as I figured it should not be bent

#10074 5 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

[quoted image]

the 3d prints are at post 9999 i got mine done and come out great

#10075 5 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

All of you happy new buyers, you will enjoy your Munsters. But just remember the code you get may be all of the code you will ever get so live with what you knowingly bought. You get no privilege to cry about the code.
You bought a fantastic pinball machine.

I'm not a good enough player to worry, or complain about code, I played the Munsters at Replay FX when it first came out, and I loved it. I'm a big fan of the original show, and when I come home from work, I like a pin I can just have fun playing and not worry about a deep ruleset. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but that's why I like the old Sega/Data East pins, I have Godzilla and Lost in Space, and I love playing them, so the Munsters will fit right in!

#10076 5 months ago
Quoted from pug123:

the 3d prints are at post 9999 i got mine done and come out great

i think the block is installed already, and the wire does look quite straight. I guess this is somthing else he is holding up.
If it is the metal part above the post, i think it should be straight. The Plastic goin on it is straight too.
The metal part is part i think of the Herman Plastic repair kit, but i haven't installed it on my machine.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4276887

pasted_image (resized).png

#10077 5 months ago

I'm not a good enough player to worry, or complain about code, I played the Munsters at Replay FX when it first came out, and I loved it. I'm a big fan of the original show, and when I come home from work, I like a pin I can just have fun playing and not worry about a deep ruleset. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but that's why I like the old Sega/Data East pins, I have Godzilla and Lost in Space, and I love playing them, so the Munsters will fit right in!

I am not the best player, either. I did not know very much about code until I bought Munsters. I'm in it for fun. I try to continuously improve my game, but I will never be a Wizard. Munsters was a game I could play. I was sold in about 5 minutes of play.

I sold my LE. If it works out in the future, I would maybe look for a Pro model to bring home. I like the lower play field, but the game flows better with the lower play field turned off.

I would love to get an opportunity to play a Godzilla one day.

#10078 5 months ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

I am thinking about doing another run of the apron covers that I designed. If I can get at least 5 takers, I would do another run. These are machined from 1/4" aluminum plate. The screws and washer are stainless steel. After the screws and washers are attached, they are blasted with glass beads to give it the softer finish. To finish them off, they are then sprayed with a clear coat to seal them. For you LE and color premium owners, someone requested brass screws and washers. These covers simply sit on top of the existing apron cover. They are held on with magnets. Clear pieces of soft rubber stop the cover from sliding around on the existing apron, as well as preventing any scratching on the existing apron. The feedback that I have received from the people that have purchased these from me has been very positive. These only work on the premium and LE models. Pricing would be $110 plus shipping. Take a look at the photos and let me know if you are interested.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well folks, I only had two individuals express interest in the apron cover. Given that, I am not going to do another run.

Rich

#10079 5 months ago

If I had a pre or le I would have been all over your apron cover,so cool!

#10080 5 months ago

I have been offered more than I had to pay for my LE and am seriously considering it. Munsters is my only game at the moment as I sold my others to get a mando premium which I am waiting to arrive. I am worried though that I will sell the Munsters and really regret it.

#10081 5 months ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

Well folks, I only had two individuals express interest in the apron cover. Given that, I am not going to do another run.
Rich

I never saw it.....

#10082 5 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I never saw it.....

Take a look at post #9967. Several pictures of it there.

#10083 5 months ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

Rich

Hi... What does it look like? Is it for the color or B&E edition?

#10084 5 months ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Hi... What does it look like? Is it for the color or B&E edition?

There are lots of pictures in post 9967 of this thread. Only works on the Premium and LE models. Looks the best on the B&W version.

Rich

#10085 5 months ago
Quoted from Enron64:

I have been offered more than I had to pay for my LE and am seriously considering it. Munsters is my only game at the moment as I sold my others to get a mando premium which I am waiting to arrive. I am worried though that I will sell the Munsters and really regret it.

I would not be able to let mine go.

#10086 5 months ago
Quoted from Enron64:

I have been offered more than I had to pay for my LE I am worried though that I will sell the Munsters and really regret it.

Funny, same thing happened over here... holding for now, but made me think a bit.

#10087 5 months ago

The family won't let me get rid of it. Someone really wanted my pro but had to let go of guardians instead.

#10088 5 months ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

There are lots of pictures in post 9967 of this thread. Only works on the Premium and LE models. Looks the best on the B&W version.
Rich

come on guys get on board lets get 5 going to make these happen.

#10089 5 months ago
Quoted from pug123:

come on guys get on board lets get 5 going to make these happen.

I would but not sure it will look as good on a LE as it would on a BW. anyone with a BW should be all over this!!

#10090 5 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I would but not sure it will look as good on a LE as it would on a BW. anyone with a BW should be all over this!!

im getting a color prem hopefully before dec down in aus and id order an apron with no screws and put stainless rivets in instead

#10091 5 months ago

Oh yeah my distributor called this morning 8-17-21 my Munsters premium is ready I’m sending the money n should get it by Monday hopefully I am pumped so they are in production hopefully everyone else will be getting there’s to now to put down 500$ on ELVIRA FOR 2022

#10092 5 months ago

My distributor just called mine is also in should have it next week.

#10093 5 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Oh yeah my distributor called this morning 8-17-21 my Munsters premium is ready I’m sending the money n should get it by Monday hopefully I am pumped so they are in production hopefully everyone else will be getting there’s to now to put down 500$ on ELVIRA FOR 2022

I hope my distributor calls me this week and tells me mine came in! Now like you, I need to start saving so I can get an Elvira for the 2022 run!

#10094 5 months ago

Any Munsters at any distributors available for this run?

#10095 5 months ago

Was offered $5k more and family said if I sold it, I’d sleep in the dog house, lol. (I snuck out the front door to talk to buyer and was caught by one of my sons. He ratted me out. My wife gave me the business for even talking to the buyer, lol.)

#10096 5 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Was offered $5k more and family said if I sold it, I’d sleep in the dog house, lol. (I snuck out the front door to talk to buyer and was caught by one of my sons. He ratted me out. My wife gave me the business for even talking to the buyer, lol.)

5K more?? holy shit! I thought the offer of $500 more was good

#10097 5 months ago
Quoted from pug123:

im getting a color prem hopefully before dec down in aus and id order an apron with no screws and put stainless rivets in instead

The washers and screws are stainless steel.

Rich

#10098 5 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Try kingpin games in Wisconson he might have one that someone might have back out on worth a try his name is Chris real nice guy

#10099 5 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I got on the phone and started calling around, and Game Exchange of Colorado had a few, but they weren't listed on the website, JJ was very nice to talk to and deal with, give them a call, they may still have one.

#10100 5 months ago

So what’s a very low play Le with topper worth currently anyway?
I have to sell something to make room for Halloween.
I can’t decide which to sell yet.

There are 10,633 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 213.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside