pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 237.
#10001 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Does anybody know of a protector for the spot opto receiver?
[quoted image]

About How many plays does this happen?

#10002 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

on mine i had about 1000 plays i think, when i notice that the rail was bent and cables scratched off the opto.
But i think to a lot of machines it just never happens.
First it started that the upper playfield went dark and Herman-Manget could not hold to the ball.

Since i bent the rail back and put in the 3d printed post i had no more problems. I resoldered the cable back on and the opto and it worked again.
Did not even need the replacement i ordered

#10003 2 years ago

Dwight was recently on a podcast where he talked about munsters being the best selling pin of 2019 and how it's also his most contentious game among players. Seems he at least knows some of the complaints. Around the 50:35 mark they start talking about the game. I was surprised to learn it was the best selling game of 2019 as JP, Elvira, Black knight also came out that year.

https://www.thepinballnetwork.net/e/free-play-pinball-podcast-ep-4-the-one-where-dwight-sullivan-amanda-share-a-dream-while-bill-takes-a-nap/

#10004 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I was surprised to learn it was the best selling game of 2019 as JP, Elvira, Black knight also came out that year.
https://www.thepinballnetwork.net/e/free-play-pinball-podcast-ep-4-the-one-where-dwight-sullivan-amanda-share-a-dream-while-bill-takes-a-nap/

I know people were nuts about it upon release, and Stern even upped the quantity of LE's to satisfy demand. Have they done that since? I really wanted (and still do) a black and white premium. However, I always hold off on NIB pin purchases for a couple of years to see how code shakes out. Whether fairly or unfairly, in my mind I had always assumed that the code on any Munsters game would rival The Addams Family in terms of modes and such, allowing me to play out my childhood memories of particular Munsters episodes in pinball form. As we all know, that didn't happen, at least as of yet. So I didn't end up buying a B/W Premium when I had the chance. I'd still like one eventually, as I love the playfield layout and art, and as time goes by I can see that even though the Munsters code is not the "modefest" that I always had in mind since the release of TAF, what is there is quite fun, and it's a really nice shooting pin.

#10005 2 years ago

UH-OH! Was playing a game on my LE today when all of a sudden in the middle of a ball, heard something kind of like a short PFFTT and the game went completely dead, and now won't turn on whatsoever - just completely dead. Checked the 8A fuse in the power supply and it tests fine. Plugged something into service outlet and it doesn't work. Now what should I do? Bad power supply?

#10006 2 years ago

Is the run on these done, meaning what’s out there is out there? Or will there be another run? I’d like to pick up a Premium NIB, no rush at all, but I can’t find anyone taking orders at all so I’m assuming it’s done being produced?

#10007 2 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

Is the run on these done, meaning what’s out there is out there? Or will there be another run? I’d like to pick up a Premium NIB, no rush at all, but I can’t find anyone taking orders at all so I’m assuming it’s done being produced?

Don't quote me but I seem to remember hearing pro and b&w premium are done but 1 more run of color premium.

#10008 2 years ago

They may be all accounted for unless you find a distributor that hasn't sold their allotment. It sounds like stern could be sold out thru the rest of the year of what they had planned on making if I'm reading what my distributor said correctly. Best bet is to start calling around to see if anyone has one.

#10009 2 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

I was in the same boat so I started calling around, and JJ at game exchange of Colorado had a few left, so I ordered one. They weren't listed on his website, so you have to call. This was back in May so hopefully they will still have some if you call. The only bad thing is he said production was pushed Back till September. On a side note, I can't understand why Stern is only doing 1 more run when they can obviously sell more because everyone is sold out. Unless the licence has run out, you would think they would keep producing as many as they can sell. Maybe they will bring it back when the new movie comes out.

#10010 2 years ago

Dwight was recently on a podcast where he talked about munsters being the best selling pin of 2019 and how it's also his most contentious game among players. Seems he at least knows some of the complaints. Around the 50:35 mark they start talking about the game. I was surprised to learn it was the best selling game of 2019 as JP, Elvira, Black knight also came out that year.

Blockbuster seller is what one of my friends in mod business stated. It is such a fun pin and Dwight has done a great job on coding, just still hoping he’ll add some more Munsters show/mode material to top it all off. I too have fond memories as a kid of the show, with hoping our Munsters machine will have more Munsters call outs, modes etc to give the machine some longevity in the HUO environment. Xaqery we love your code on TMNT, SW and Mando, please bring Munsters up to these games code wise. If not, let’s jailbreak this thing and do it as a community ourselves.

#10011 2 years ago

Not sure most would buy Munsters out sold Jurassic Park - unless that was released in Dec 2019. But if I recall Elvira came after that. So I am not a believer in this statement. And I bought Munsters.

FYI listened to podcast….Also he says “one of the best sellers of 2019”. Yeah it probably didn’t out sell Jurassic based on that statement.

#10012 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Not sure most would buy Munsters out sold Jurassic Park - unless that was released in Dec 2019. But if I recall Elvira came after that. So I am not a believer in this statement. And I bought Munsters.
FYI listened to podcast….Also he says “one of the best sellers of 2019”. Yeah it probably didn’t out sell Jurassic based on that statement.

For reference

July / 2019 / Jurassic Park / Pro / $5999
July / 2019 / Jurassic Park/ Premium / $7599
July / 2019 / Jurassic Park / LE (500 of) / $8999

January / 2019 / The Munsters / Pro / $5999
January / 2019 / The Munsters / Premium (Black & White Art Package) / $7599
January / 2019 / The Munsters / LE (600 of the Colour Package) / $8999

By all accounts Munsters sold really really really well as Dwight said.

#10013 2 years ago

For reference
July / 2019 / Jurassic Park / Pro / $5999
July / 2019 / Jurassic Park/ Premium / $7599
July / 2019 / Jurassic Park / LE (500 of) / $8999
January / 2019 / The Munsters / Pro / $5999
January / 2019 / The Munsters / Premium (Black & White Art Package) / $7599
January / 2019 / The Munsters / LE (600 of the Colour Package) / $8999
By all accounts Munsters sold really really really well as Dwight said.

Based on those dates - just LEs for Munsters were good for 2019 (which is what I bought). But so was Jurassic. Still believe 2019 numbers (for only 6 months of Jurassic) were higher for Jurassic. Then in 2020 the wheels came off based on the code (& code perceptions).

#10014 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

look at post 9999 on prev page, links for 3d printing ive ordered mine

#10015 2 years ago

Any pros for sale near Arizona?

#10016 2 years ago

Dwight was recently on a podcast where he talked about munsters being the best selling pin of 2019 and how it's also his most contentious game among players.

Hahahah what a joke, Think Dwight must have been drinking with Gary, As JP kills Munsters by a mile!
Not even close. Sales, looks and code JP wins hands down!

As for an update, you will be waiting another year plus. Same crap as Ghostbusters had.
In Llyman I trust.

Such a shame for Munsters, One of the best looking machines, smooth game flow but the code.

I'm out.

Hope you guy's get that code update what you all have been waiting on sooner rather than later.
Enjoy

#10017 2 years ago

JP is an ugly mess. I hate the artwork on that machine and it's one of the reasons I've not bought one. Munsters art is far better.

#10018 2 years ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

UH-OH! Was playing a game on my LE today when all of a sudden in the middle of a ball, heard something kind of like a short PFFTT and the game went completely dead, and now won't turn on whatsoever - just completely dead. Checked the 8A fuse in the power supply and it tests fine. Plugged something into service outlet and it doesn't work. Now what should I do? Bad power supply?

Check to see if you outlet is a GFCI receptacle or maybe the receptacle is down stream of one. I had a game on one and the power surged once and tripped it when I was playing.

#10019 2 years ago

JP is an ugly mess.

I dunno... I think JP is alright, not spectacular, but alright. I think it's hard to compare pretty much any pin to Munsters artwise. Franchi pretty much knocked the art packages out of the park on Munsters, especially the black and white IMO.

#10020 2 years ago

Yes Munsters sales are up there this is from a reliable source jp done decent but not close look once again listen all u haters out here 90 percent all the people that play pinball don’t have a clue about codes rules n so forth on pinball machines they just love the beauty and lights n shooting the ball n so on letting the kids have a good time. Munsters is a beautiful n just fun pin to play it’s enjoyable for everyone will we get some more code n polish who knows either way it’s great n that’s why it’s sold out all the time

#10021 2 years ago

Looking for a price check on Munsters LE in Canada eh

#10022 2 years ago

I like the game and it's beautiful for sure (dream theme), but if a wish would be granted for something to be offered in an update it would be to make use of all the actual Munsters character call-outs that are already included in the code! If you use the Pinball Browser program, you can hear for yourself all the great original voices that are not being used in the game. That Paul Lynde voice over guy has more speech in the game than Paul Lynde ever did in the 2 episodes he was in. Why?
In Texas, Butch Patrick mentioned that he hadn't heard his voice in the game at all. lol, again, why?

The theme should be all inclusive/immersive in my opinion. Sights AND sounds. Music is awesome, sights and shots are great, but listening to the call-out speech just doesn't do it justice, especially knowing the good stuff is already in there and available....again, IMO. Darn, Darn, Darn!

HOPING for an awesome "Ghost Busters" style update at some point.

#10023 2 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

I like the game and it's beautiful for sure (dream theme), but if a wish would be granted for something to be offered in an update it would be to make use of all the actual Munsters character call-outs that are already included in the code! If you use the Pinball Browser program, you can hear for yourself all the great original voices that are not being used in the game. That Paul Lynde voice over guy has more speech in the game than Paul Lynde ever did in the 2 episodes he was in. Why?
In Texas, Butch Patrick mentioned that he hadn't heard his voice in the game at all. lol, again, why?
The theme should be all inclusive/immersive in my opinion. Sights AND sounds. Music is awesome, sights and shots are great, but listening to the call-out speech just doesn't do it justice, especially knowing the good stuff is already in there and available....again, IMO. Darn, Darn, Darn!
HOPING for an awesome "Ghost Busters" style update at some point.

It's gonna happen at some point....the pin is freakin beautiful and has so much going for it as is...no way they leave it alone....who knows when, but sort of like Kiss for me.....missing alot of stuff, then random code drop WAY later, and now crazy fun...

#10024 2 years ago

Topped my best super jackpot tonight. One thing I noticed. Does each super jackpot value not reset after collecting?
I got another super of 66 mil not very long after collecting this 87 mil one.
Had 9 supers lit on the 80 mil super and 5 on the 60 mil jackpot makes me think the value continues at the last collected value and keeps building.

4835290F-39FD-4279-9062-8F3AC6CA7F1D (resized).jpeg4835290F-39FD-4279-9062-8F3AC6CA7F1D (resized).jpeg
#10025 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Based on those dates - just LEs for Munsters were good for 2019 (which is what I bought). But so was Jurassic. Still believe 2019 numbers (for only 6 months of Jurassic) were higher for Jurassic. Then in 2020 the wheels came off based on the code (& code perceptions).

Read this guys post on numbers.
Of course this is only a sampling of games but a good indicator.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/390#post-6411499

#10026 2 years ago

I’ve played Munsters when it was new , in a bar , I want to get some advice , how does Munsters compare to Addams Family in a home environment ? I’ve heard all about code complaints .
Af or Munsters ?
(I own AF and I’m kicking around trading up for a Munsters)

#10027 2 years ago

AF is a tad deeper than Munsters, but they are similar in depth.

#10028 2 years ago

Addams feels like there is more to do because there are all of those rooms and each one is a different requirement. Reality is you time out or ramp chair all day on that game while hitting those multiballs. Addams has more interesting toys for sure as the thing hand is a cool mech.vs rocking Herman. On my machine there is only one extra ball from modes apart from if I get lucky in mystery. I've never seen a second mode one. Addams I've had tons of extra balls to help with progress.

I do enjoy Addams more cause I can choose to do the modes if I want to. Gives options to play. Munsters is the same over and over. That said I'd not pay the current prices for Addams. Enjoy the game but not worth the money.

#10029 2 years ago

A while back I got tired of the videos that play after game over because I had seen them all. Now, I'd like to see them again, how do I turn them back on?

#10030 2 years ago

Anyone have any news when Stern plans to ship the last run of Munsters? I have one on order, but hear it keeps getting delayed.

#10031 2 years ago

There going on line August 23 my distributor told me I can’t wait to get it with 800$ worth of mods it’s going to be great

#10032 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

There going on line August 23 my distributor told me I can’t wait to get it with 800$ worth of mods it’s going to be great

Thanks for the info! I can't wait to get mine either, I started buying mods for mine too! You have any suggestions on which plastic protectors to buy, and where? Id like to find an entire set of the floursent green ones.

#10033 2 years ago

Look at mezel mods n pinball life just type in Munster pinball mods and it will have all kind of sights. I’ve got to get my pin stadium lights order for it I’ve played one that had them n it’s fantastic I boys set for my guardians of galaxy n love them man it can’t get here quick enough I’ve been waiting sense March 1

#10034 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Look at mezel mods n pinball life just type in Munster pinball mods and it will have all kind of sights. I’ve got to get my pin stadium lights order for it I’ve played one that had them n it’s fantastic I boys set for my guardians of galaxy n love them man it can’t get here quick enough I’ve been waiting sense March 1

Pin stadiums on this game are awesome... have them on my LE.... game changer....

#10035 2 years ago
munsters girl (resized).jpgmunsters girl (resized).jpg
#10036 2 years ago

I've been away from this thread for some time so thought I'd drop in and see what's new. I have to admit one of the reasons I've been away for so long is because I miss my dear friend Who-Dey, sure miss him and all his postings about this great game. Every time I play this game I always think of him, he and I would talk on the phone weekly about this game and how it was destined to become a true classic and sought after game.

I love this game and always will, it will never leave my collection as long as I can still push the flipper buttons. At that point I'll pass it down to my nephew for him to enjoy.

All I know is that I'm glad I bought the game when I did, that black and white art package is and always will be something to admire. And it's just a fun and entertaining game to play just the way it is.

#10037 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I've been away from this thread for some time so thought I'd drop in and see what's new. I have to admit one of the reasons I've been away for so long is because I miss my dear friend Who-Dey, sure miss him and all his postings about this great game. Every time I play this game I always think of him, he and I would talk on the phone weekly about this game and how it was destined to become a true classic and sought after game.
I love this game and always will, it will never leave my collection as long as I can still push the flipper buttons. At that point I'll pass it down to my nephew for him to enjoy.
All I know is that I'm glad I bought the game when I did, that black and white art package is and always will be something to admire. And it's just a fun and entertaining game to play just the way it is.

I agree. It really is a nice all around pin. I kinda regret not getting the Black and White myself. It is absolutely stunning in person.

#10038 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I ordered mine on May 7th, and have been counting the days ever since!

#10039 2 years ago

I butted up against the space problem and my LE now has a new home in Colorado. The topper went to an east coast pinsider. Somewhere in these pages is some talk about how to adjust the switches for the clock in the topper. I never got around to making the adjustments and my topper buyer is interested in making the adjustments.

Does anyone have the post numbers on how to adjust the topper clock switch handy.

Thanks in advance.

#10040 2 years ago

I’m with y’all counting the days down once I get it n put next to my guardians of galaxy I’m now trying to figure out which one to get tmnt premium or pro or Elvira house of horrors can’t decide I like both any suggestions

#10041 2 years ago

Get Elvira!

#10042 2 years ago

I really don't like TMNT. Everything about that pin is not for me lol. Elvira would look great next to Munsters. Of course elvira would look great pretty much anywhere. Much better game as well.

#10043 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I’m with y’all counting the days down once I get it n put next to my guardians of galaxy I’m now trying to figure out which one to get tmnt premium or pro or Elvira house of horrors can’t decide I like both any suggestions

Go for Elvira, it's a great all around very entertaining game. I bought one of the first batch and love it. My nephew bought tmnt premium, after six months of ownership and about 600 plays it's gone. Wanna guess what he replaced it with? EHOH

#10044 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I have another option,I had both and Elvira did not do it for me but love the turtles,play both and then decide!

#10045 2 years ago

Yea I’ve played both tmnt and Elvira I love both of them wish I could afford both I’m doing something bye the end of this week chosen one for sure

#10046 2 years ago

Forget tmnt premium so the question is do you want an extremely difficult game or an extremely easy playing game? Tmnt pro is hard Elvira is easy.

#10047 2 years ago

I’ve felt like the tmnt pro was just as good as premium not really worth the extra money but as far as hard or easy doesn’t matter I like it either way just love playing can’t get enough of it

#10048 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I’ve felt like the tmnt pro was just as good as premium not really worth the extra money but as far as hard or easy doesn’t matter I like it either way just love playing can’t get enough of it

I have to agree with you. Can’t get enough of TMNT LE. It is a well thought out shooter and once the flipper placements are learned, the game is not difficult like some think. If Dwight gave our Munsters the kind of code love and depth he gave TMNT, wow! TMNT is loaded with mechs and fun things to do and the call outs and sounds are over the top. Think this layout is Borgs best and will be highly sought after in years to come. Once players understand its an asymmetrical shooter, a light bulb turns on and its a totally different blast of a game. Would think TMNT would be one of the last games to ever leave my collection, its that good, once understood and dialed in. (Must say with all TMNT talk, I had to check I was in the right thread, lol.)

#10049 2 years ago

I really don't like TMNT. Everything about that pin is not for me lol. Elvira would look great next to Munsters. Of course elvira would look great pretty much anywhere. Much better game as well.

20201012_211109 (resized).jpg20201012_211109 (resized).jpg
#10050 2 years ago

So I had Munsters for about 2 years and then got a TMNT to add to the collection. Having them side by side I noticed that the layouts of the Playfields were very similar. After much debate with myself I sold Munsters and have regretted it ever since. Turtles is a great game but just didn't have the staying power for me. I sold it 2 months ago and I'm on the hunt for a B/W Munsters Premium.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/201 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.