pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 237.
#9951 2 years ago
Quoted from chewiec:

That's it! Thanks hd60609 and mbwalker for your help! I will reach out to Stern regarding the piece.

Glad to help! If you didn't notice - the part number was on the first SnipIt I posted.

#9953 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

The mods are so plentiful!

Amazing great playing fun games like Munsters are being moved on by so many modders, once in love with it, after they put on tons of mods…
712F9A6F-5434-4CA1-B853-BDA67A301DE0 (resized).jpeg712F9A6F-5434-4CA1-B853-BDA67A301DE0 (resized).jpeg

#9954 2 years ago

for those having playfield "diving" in the clearcoat, under posts, does it move and goes more bad in time, or it finally stay as it, with no missing parts (of clear) ?

1 week later
#9955 2 years ago

I joined the club a few weeks ago with a beautiful LE.

I’m looking for some tips on elevating my scoring. Admittedly, I am a not the greatest of pinball players but I can’t seem to get a respectable score even for me. Not even 1/10th of the previous owner’s high scores. Even when I reach Munster Madness, I’m not getting big scores.

Any strategy suggestion appreciated.

#9956 2 years ago
Quoted from Whynot:

I’m looking for some tips on elevating my scoring. Admittedly, I am a not the greatest of pinball players but I can’t seem to get a respectable score even for me. Not even 1/10th of the previous owner’s high scores. Even when I reach Munster Madness, I’m not getting big scores.

if the kitty is lit hit it,without 6x scoring you'll never catch the previous owner.also cancel super jackpots until you have a bunch stacked and 6x going and try not to start Herman right away and get the kitty/playfield multiplier going before starting him by completing other characters first.

#9957 2 years ago
Quoted from Whynot:

Practice.

#9958 2 years ago
Quoted from Whynot:

What’s considered a big score on this game? I’ve only had mine a few weeks. Previous owners GC was 160 million which I thought is low but not sure.

#9959 2 years ago

On the pro 150-200 million is a good game for me. 300-400 is an amazing game for me. In 2 years I have yet to break 500. I'm a decent player but not a pro by any means.

My high score strategy is first light grandpa for start, start spot, hit grandpa scoop which will stack spot and grandpa. Then start lily and elevate playfield multiplier. Once grandpa and spot are done start Herman then raven. Keep 6x playfield going by continuing to hit the kitty. On an excellent game continue into mm1 with 6x. Huge scoring potential with back to back multiballs and 6x playfield. Then try to do it again on the way to mm2. Collect supers when you have 6 or more and 6x playfield only for 40+ million super.

#9960 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

On the pro 150-200 million is a good game for me. 300-400 is an amazing game for me. In 2 years I have yet to break 500. I'm a decent player but not a pro by any means.
My high score strategy is first light grandpa for start, start spot, hit grandpa scoop which will stack spot and grandpa. Then start lily and elevate playfield multiplier. Once grandpa and spot are done start Herman then raven. Keep 6x playfield going by continuing to hit the kitty. On an excellent game continue into mm1 with 6x. Huge scoring potential with back to back multiballs and 6x playfield. Then try to do it again on the way to mm2. Collect supers when you have 6 or more and 6x playfield only for 40+ million super.

Is the scoring on the premium/LE much different as that’s what I have?
I got this last night on my first level Munster madness.

6DC8FFA8-CFDF-4D2D-9ED9-DE12F7493A5E (resized).jpeg6DC8FFA8-CFDF-4D2D-9ED9-DE12F7493A5E (resized).jpeg
#9961 2 years ago

No idea how different it is. I've had 150+ million mm1 before but never seen it that high. Doesn't the le/prem also have the grandpa playfield going with extra supers you can't get on the pro?

#9962 2 years ago

My previous owner high scores were in the 200-300 range. I rarely eclipse 30 which is why I asked the question on strategy. I have an LE.

#9963 2 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

My previous owner high scores were in the 200-300 range. I rarely eclipse 30 which is why I asked the question on strategy. I have an LE.

My top score is 900.Most games are 4-500. 3 ball factory settings. I’ve only had the game a few weeks so still trying to work all the little things out like where is the playfield multiplier timer shown?
My only advice is to try keep that 6x playfield multiplier running all the time. I try to keep Lilly constantly running in all other modes. I do the secret mania every time too.

#9964 2 years ago

That explains some of it, I don't count midnight madness or secret mania games in my high score runs. My game is on stock settings with dialed down flippers at around 6.8 degrees.

I don't think there is a playfield multiplier timer other than the numbers start flashing faster as it is about to end. You don't have long at that point.

#9965 2 years ago

Hello All, just started having an issue with ball not always ejecting from grandpa scoop on my premium. Any help, thanks in advance

#9966 2 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Hello All, just started having an issue with ball not always ejecting from grandpa scoop on my premium. Any help, thanks in advance

The switch that activates Grandpa's scoop has a tendency to break connection lugs. Feel around on that switch for a loose wire. If you have a broken lug, Stern will send you a replacement switch ( Stern used to anyway). It is a bit of a PIA to replace but not too bad. If it is a broken switch and you have to replace then tie wrap the two switch wires together so the wires cannot shake.

#9967 2 years ago

I am thinking about doing another run of the apron covers that I designed. If I can get at least 5 takers, I would do another run. These are machined from 1/4" aluminum plate. The screws and washer are stainless steel. After the screws and washers are attached, they are blasted with glass beads to give it the softer finish. To finish them off, they are then sprayed with a clear coat to seal them. For you LE and color premium owners, someone requested brass screws and washers. These covers simply sit on top of the existing apron cover. They are held on with magnets. Clear pieces of soft rubber stop the cover from sliding around on the existing apron, as well as preventing any scratching on the existing apron. The feedback that I have received from the people that have purchased these from me has been very positive. These only work on the premium and LE models. Pricing would be $110 plus shipping. Take a look at the photos and let me know if you are interested.

IMG_1318 (resized).jpgIMG_1318 (resized).jpgIMG_1321 (resized).jpgIMG_1321 (resized).jpgIMG_1322 (resized).jpgIMG_1322 (resized).jpgIMG_1323 (resized).jpgIMG_1323 (resized).jpgIMG_1324 (resized).jpgIMG_1324 (resized).jpgIMG_1325 (resized).jpgIMG_1325 (resized).jpgIMG_1326 (resized).jpgIMG_1326 (resized).jpgIMG_1328 (resized).jpgIMG_1328 (resized).jpgIMG_1329 (resized).jpgIMG_1329 (resized).jpg
#9968 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

I am thinking about doing another run of the apron covers that I designed. If I can get at least 5 takers, I would do another run. These are machined from 1/4" aluminum plate. The screws and washer are stainless steel. After the screws and washers are attached, they are blasted with glass beads to give it the softer finish. To finish them off, they are then sprayed with a clear coat to seal them. For you LE and color premium owners, someone requested brass screws and washers. These covers simply sit on top of the existing apron cover. They are held on with magnets. Clear pieces of soft rubber stop the cover from sliding around on the existing apron, as well as preventing any scratching on the existing apron. The feedback that I have received from the people that have purchased these from me has been very positive. These only work on the premium and LE models. Pricing would be $110 plus shipping. Take a look at the photos and let me know if you are interested.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks super nice.. but I guess I'd want to see what it looks like with the LE playfield (or premium) before committing. I have absolutely zero ability to imagine what a finished product would look like and if someone else suggested brass screws and washers, I'm wondering how that would look.

#9969 2 years ago

I have this mod on my game , looks fantastic!

#9970 2 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

I have this mod on my game , looks fantastic!

Tell me, did you notice that he has most all of the Phillips head screw heads mostly clocked uniformly in the same direction? Most of them are clocked in the 1pm and 7pm directions.

#9971 2 years ago

Yes all of the screws are uniform, looks bad ass. very professional. Thought it was made of plastic when purchasing, took it out of box and said how fin cool! buy one you will like it

#9972 2 years ago

Got friends visiting for the week. A family of 5.

Had the home arcade going the last couple of days.

It came as no surprise that the favorites are:

Munsters
And
TMNT

In that order.

We even had a 4 player competition on Munsters.

#9973 2 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Yes all of the screws are uniform, looks bad ass. very professional. Thought it was made of plastic when purchasing, took it out of box and said how fin cool! buy one you will like it

Thanks for the kind words. Tried to get all of the screws clocked the same, but it never seems to work out right with so many screws.

Rich

#9974 2 years ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

The apron mod on my b/w Prem. Great touch to an already beautiful game

#9975 2 years ago

Munsters is finally getting back some of the recognition that it deserves. The game is now holding it's deserved value and becoming hard to find. People are finding out that friends (that are not these so called "deep code players") women ,and especially the kids gravitate to this game. There have been a lot of "wanted pinball game"..... and as far as selling, whatever is out there, goes fast..and no longer at what many might see at a discounted price. If you read the recent ratings, so many are "now" questioning what all the hate was all about, and happy that they went with their gut on this..bunch of morons that didn't like the theme..tried and failed to destroy it.
A lesson that all should consider..try it yourself.."own it"..if, it doesn't work for you..as always with any pin, then sell it..playing a pin a couple times somewhere doesn't always get you to understanding it. Reviews are always subject to individuals...we all have different likes. There is just something about it that most of us here have figured out, without bias crap that tries to influence..(usually the same people unless it's a machine they like or own).

This really is a good game..and I have to admit..all the hate made me think about it more then once...but, my own thoughts said, F**k them, they are wrong.
I still hope something comes along and makes it epic..haha, that would be funny..{thinking batman 66}...Still holding on.

Nothing is ever bolted, I have sold some really really nice games..someday this will leave also...but, it's still a nice game.

my 3 cents

#9976 2 years ago

Just picked up a Pro my family loves this game.
May upgrade to a Premium in the future.
Thanks everyone for all the info in this thread

#9977 2 years ago

Got my best super jackpot tonight. Saved it to cash in on the last ball. Beat my previous best by over 10 million.

81E0E06C-D03A-4178-83D5-59BE05403828 (resized).jpeg81E0E06C-D03A-4178-83D5-59BE05403828 (resized).jpeg
#9978 2 years ago

how many did you collect for that? I've collected 8 or 9 for around 60 mil I think but I generally get around 6 for 45ish mil. Every time I try to collect more or wait I end up draining without collecting lol

#9979 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

how many did you collect for that? I've collected 8 or 9 for around 60 mil I think but I generally get around 6 for 45ish mil. Every time I try to collect more or wait I end up draining without collecting lol

10 supers. I was going into my 3rd Munster madness so probably boosted a couple along the way.

#9980 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

10 supers. I was going into my 3rd Munster madness so probably boosted a couple along the way.

That’s probably about the maximum value you can get for collecting all the supers at once and waiting until the end of a long game. Great work!

#9981 2 years ago

Wooooooooooooo!

19E8E7F5-5ED1-4A79-B466-F6733E911FE4 (resized).jpeg19E8E7F5-5ED1-4A79-B466-F6733E911FE4 (resized).jpeg
#9982 2 years ago

Great Super Jackpot scores!

#9983 2 years ago

I know we are all fatigued over rumors of a code update, but didn't George Gomez insinuate on a recent podcast that Stern is releasing significant code updates on multiple machines this September? I believe Kaneda played a brief clip of Gomez relating this. I've got several pins coming in and would hate to trade out my LE just before a code update.

#9984 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

[quoted image][quoted image]
The apron mod on my b/w Prem. Great touch to an already beautiful game

Interesting, i just ordered one... It doesn't appear to have the middle apron card window cutout like yours does?? I'm hoping it doesn't.... I actually bought it to coverup the middle b&w apron card.. Here's the website image..
Screenshot_20210716-232438_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210716-232438_Chrome (resized).jpg

https://wizardmod.com/products/the-munsters-premium-pinball-magnetic-wizaprons

#9985 2 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

I know we are all fatigued over rumors of a code update, but didn't George Gomez insinuate on a recent podcast that Stern is releasing significant code updates on multiple machines this September? I believe Kaneda played a brief clip of Gomez relating this. I've got several pins coming in and would hate to trade out my LE just before a code update.

Sure hoping our Munsters is in the updates and would coincide with last Munsters run. It surely needs fixes and updating in various areas of the game for sure and if Dwight put a new few modes or three in there, it would be greatly appreciated! Please @xaqery, give our Munsters game some badly needed longevity code wise.

#9986 2 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Interesting, i just ordered one... It doesn't appear to have the middle apron card window cutout like yours does?? I'm hoping it doesn't.... I actually bought it to coverup the middle b&w apron card.. Here's the website image..
[quoted image]
https://wizardmod.com/products/the-munsters-premium-pinball-magnetic-wizaprons

That is an entirely different product and imo not comparable.both look like great mods though and I will be buying the pro version of the magnetic apron cover.if I had the b&w premium I would go with the one from @rickmaz as I think it looks classier than the cheaper magnetic ones.

#9987 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Sure hoping our Munsters is in the updates and would coincide with last Munsters run. It surely needs fixes and updating in various areas of the game for sure and if Dwight put a new few modes or three in there, it would be greatly appreciated! Please Xaqery, give our Munsters game some badly needed longevity code wise.

Is definitely odd how it seemed to be skipped over w some basic final polish, tweaking, etc.

Played mine last night and still love the thing ( keeper for me)...the lower pf is such a blast w alot to keep track of, fun shots.

Suspect at some point the code may come, but who knows...

#9988 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

That is an entirely different product and imo not comparable.both look like great mods though and I will be buying the pro version of the magnetic apron cover.if I had the b&w premium I would go with the one from @rickmaz as I think it looks classier than the cheaper magnetic ones.

Oh, so a few folks are making magnetic aprons... i'm using the replacement cards.. do you have a link to the b&w @rickmaz one?? Tnx

20210717_112937 (resized).jpg20210717_112937 (resized).jpg
#9989 2 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Oh, so a few folks are making magnetic aprons... i'm using the replacement cards.. do you have a link to the b&w @rickmaz one?? Tnx[quoted image]

I think you just message him here on pinside. I've had this idea since I got mine in January 2019 to make my whole machine (pro) look "rough" like that apron cover to match the rough welded wire forms. Ideas I had was to sand down or get new rails,lockdown bar,legs and hinges that are raw metal look and weld or affix some bolts.the rickmaz apron cover would fit my idea well but doesn't work with the pro.

#9990 2 years ago

Can anyone confirm if Dwight made the "Munsters is finished" announcement before the color premium hit the market. I cannot remember if he made that announcement before or after the color premium?

#9991 2 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Oh, so a few folks are making magnetic aprons... i'm using the replacement cards.. do you have a link to the b&w @rickmaz one?? Tnx[quoted image]

See post #9967. Lots of pics.

#9992 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

See post #9967. Lots of pics.

Thanks...

#9993 2 years ago

I am no longer in the club. My Munsters LE left for a distant state about 30 minutes ago. I sold for space. I have nothing but nice things to say about Munsters. I always liked playing it.

For those who want more code, I hope you get what you wish.

For those who enjoy playing Munsters as it is, happy flipping. It is a great pin.

#9994 2 years ago

Does anybody know of a protector for the spot opto receiver?

C5DB8A51-78EE-4E2B-98F3-CC323DF9DD0D (resized).jpegC5DB8A51-78EE-4E2B-98F3-CC323DF9DD0D (resized).jpeg
#9995 2 years ago

That is a known issue. There is a 3d printed ball guide support to keep that from happening. Search the thread.

#9996 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Can anyone confirm if Dwight made the "Munsters is finished" announcement before the color premium hit the market. I cannot remember if he made that announcement before or after the color premium?

He made it before and after. Someone linked a podcast clip here a few months back.

That said, the same was said of Ghostbusters for a while and they eventually got new code and everyone loves it.

I’m not holding my breath. At some point in the future I expect these pins to get jailbroken and have community made features that blow the originals out of the water or add much needed fixes and polish.

It’s happened to everything else. Phones, tablets, etc.

Revenge from Mars is a good example.

#9997 2 years ago

My lower playfield flippers work intermittently. Has anyone else had this problem and where is a good place to begin troubleshooting this

#9998 2 years ago
Quoted from Linkboy74:

My lower playfield flippers work intermittently. Has anyone else had this problem and where is a good place to begin troubleshooting this

Check connectors and pins

#9999 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Does anybody know of a protector for the spot opto receiver?
[quoted image]

See the links below to the files for 3D printed parts which will fix the problem. One is for a post designed by cabal1313 to stop the wireform from bending (Installed over existing post), and the other I designed to cover for the opto. Both work and print very well.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4276887

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4359221

#10000 2 years ago
Quoted from oldpins:

See the links below to the files for 3D printed parts which will fix the problem. One is for a post designed by cabal1313 to stop the wireform from bending (Installed over existing post), and the other I designed to cover for the opto. Both work and print very well.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4276887
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4359221

appreciate the links

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/200 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.