IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 237.
#901 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Exciting day and happy to share first pics of Munsters LE #122.
I was also fortunate to have my BM66 Premium delivered at the same time.
Both are very fun titles.
For Munsters LE, the pin plays extremely fast and very smoothly. All shots flow seamlessly on my example with no shooter lane issues nor disruptions from the mini PF.
Theme integration is spot on- lcd clips, music, callouts and sounds are all terrific.
Colour changing led light show is perfect and the LE is not dark through the middle of the game due to the mini pf having some really nice ambient lighting.
The ramps and loops are amazing. All shots are easy to hit with little to no clunk.
The mirrored backglass is very sharp and the cabinet looks attractive overall.
In person, I don’t find the lockdown bar and rails to look quite as mismatched as they show in photos. I actually had to point it out to my family or they wouldn’t have noticed.
The lower pf is fun but does have a bit of a novelty factor to it.
However, what is neat about the mini pf is the variety of shots: 2 orbits, vuk, middle bash toy, right ramp and chance for a 2 ball multiball.
It won’t be everyone’s cup of tea but it’s better than I expected and will take some practice to master it.
The next most divisive element of this pin is gong to be the code.
There is no doubt the ruleset as it stands now is fairly shallow.
The game is also quite easy and thus good players may get to Munster Madness quite regularly.
I’m hoping that Dwight adds some polish and depth; but if the game is truly mostly coded: I’m not sure this is the ideal pin for highly skilled players nor those who have either a small game set-up or don’t absolutely love The Munster’s.
In my collection of games, I have a mix of some deeper games (like Maiden, DI and newly arrived BM66 and some on the shallower side like Deadpool, MB and TAFG).
My family and I enjoy a variety of gameplay and The Munsters will be a fun game to flip. Only time will tell if it has longer term appeal.
Pics attached below. I have to stagger my pins due to space restrictions which is why they appear different in size.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Game looks gorgeous and you have a sweet lineup of games, congrats!

#902 5 years ago

LE owners have you had to level the plastic that covers the lower playfield - tweak the screws?

AC/DC Premium VE owners had to do this upon arrival of their new machine.

#903 5 years ago

OK,Full disclosure first-Big fan of this somewhat dated sitcom-Old guy here-Watched the Munsters as a kid-So that makes me like 57 now-

I play the easy way and what is just fun for me in this busy crazy world and pretty serious days at my job...………..gotta admit to being a chimp flipper ...…...a brew close at hand,5 ball games,ball save timer 12 seconds,closed up outlanes,just keep the pinballs alive !!

Less than 20 total games since new-Up way too late last night for a work night...gotta get up at 5:45 AM-Ugh--Reason being--Played Midnight Madness----Very Sweet-No reset at end of it-Video and Munsters table scene announcing the mode-cool as sh*t !!--16 millionish game--

Tonight like an hour on it-Got thru the levels-reached Munster Madness and got to 42 Million...………..extremely cool when all the newspaper articles drop in the video on the LCD...…….then the balls fly and the sweeping light show is just phenomenal !! No regrets on my 1st-NIB Stern Pinball Machine--Keep the code,video and call-outs coming for The Munsters !!!

Once you get deeper into the game and mode levels......most of the laugh track and repetition of the theme music disappears as you try to just play pinball and keep alive for the next ball !!

#904 5 years ago

#222 shipping to Bay Area CA ! Looking forward to setting up the game. Just need Stern to announce the topper !!!

#905 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

#222 shipping to Bay Area CA ! Looking forward to setting up the game. Just need Stern to announce the topper !!!

Mine on the dock today!!!..be with you guys in the LE club shortly.....keep the pics and first impressions coming!!!

Added over 5 years ago:

got tracking last night..scheduled to be at my door Tuesday!!

#906 5 years ago

@cpr9999: I didn’t need to re-level the plastic that covers the mini pf.
Mine seems very level; however it’s a bit dusty on the underside of that plastic so I’m going to give that a slight clean/wipe at some point.

#907 5 years ago

Question for those who have reached Munster Madness:

I reached Munster Madness once tonight on my LE.
When the mode started, I only had a multiball on the top pf and no multiball in the mini pf going at the same time. I never actually got the lower pf running at the same time.

Are both multiballs supposed to be running simultaneosly during the start of Munster Madness or do you need to activate the lower pf mutuball with a series of shots on the main pf?

Game is fun and fast!

#908 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

When the mode started, I only had a multiball on the top pf and no multiball in the mini pf going at the same time. I never actually got the lower pf running at the same time.
Are both multiballs supposed to be running simultaneosly during the start of Munster Madness or do you need to activate the lower pf mutuball with a series of shots on the main pf?
Game is fun and fast!

Pretty sure u have to qualify the lower playfield to have both going at once

#909 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Game is fun and fast!

can't even imagine how I'm going to navigate (2x) flipper buttons per side, w both upper and lower playfields going......panic setting in!!!

#910 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Exciting day and happy to share first pics of Munsters LE #122.
I was also fortunate to have my BM66 Premium delivered at the same time.
Both are very fun titles.
For Munsters LE, the pin plays extremely fast and very smoothly. All shots flow seamlessly on my example with no shooter lane issues nor disruptions from the mini PF.
Theme integration is spot on- lcd clips, music, callouts and sounds are all terrific.
Colour changing led light show is perfect and the LE is not dark through the middle of the game due to the mini pf having some really nice ambient lighting.
The ramps and loops are amazing. All shots are easy to hit with little to no clunk.
The mirrored backglass is very sharp and the cabinet looks attractive overall.
In person, I don’t find the lockdown bar and rails to look quite as mismatched as they show in photos. I actually had to point it out to my family or they wouldn’t have noticed.
The lower pf is fun but does have a bit of a novelty factor to it.
However, what is neat about the mini pf is the variety of shots: 2 orbits, vuk, middle bash toy, right ramp and chance for a 2 ball multiball.
It won’t be everyone’s cup of tea but it’s better than I expected and will take some practice to master it.
The next most divisive element of this pin is gong to be the code.
There is no doubt the ruleset as it stands now is fairly shallow.
The game is also quite easy and thus good players may get to Munster Madness quite regularly.
I’m hoping that Dwight adds some polish and depth; but if the game is truly mostly coded: I’m not sure this is the ideal pin for highly skilled players nor those who have either a small game set-up or don’t absolutely love The Munster’s.
In my collection of games, I have a mix of some deeper games (like Maiden, DI and newly arrived BM66 and some on the shallower side like Deadpool, MB and TAFG).
My family and I enjoy a variety of gameplay and The Munsters will be a fun game to flip. Only time will tell if it has longer term appeal.
Pics attached below. I have to stagger my pins due to space restrictions which is why they appear different in size.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome New lineup congrats. I must point out You sir added a new definition to pinball addict with your clever machine offset stacking technique to get just a Few more inches of pinball into a room! lol That there is Commitment!!!!!! lol

#911 5 years ago

@bigd1979: is there a rule set yet published to explain how to qualify the lower pf to be activated for Munster Madness?
Will likely be a challenge for my clan to navigate 2 sets of flipper as well...

#912 5 years ago

Thanks Yelobird! Finding space for one extra pin has ‘forced’ me to be more creative lol.

#913 5 years ago

I haven't got my Munsters pinball machine yet but i just ordered these from Bradford Exchange to keep me happy until i do get one.

Screenshot_2019-02-21-23-07-49-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-02-21-23-07-49-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-02-21-23-09-20-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-02-21-23-09-20-1 (resized).png
#914 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

LE owners have you had to level the plastic that covers the lower playfield - tweak the screws?

The only adjustments I’ve had to make was to my leg levelers. It’s been flawless out of the box

#915 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I haven't got my Munsters pinball machine yet but i just ordered these from Bradford Exchange to keep me happy until i do get one. [quoted image][quoted image]

I ordered the coach

muns (resized).JPGmuns (resized).JPG
#916 5 years ago

Check out the SDTM review of the Munsters pinball machine AND 3 new upgrades to the SDTM Show!

SDTM Episode 88: Munsters Pinball Review

#917 5 years ago

Excellent review like usual.... great explanation of the rules and definitely more there than just getting to the madness mode ..

#918 5 years ago

Not got my LE yet,
Holds a centimental value as used to watch it with my Dad when I was younger.

It’s a limited edition plaque- but not the one I would wish for

Still it’s my way of remembering

40CF0962-C86E-4901-9DFB-2885AE280615 (resized).jpeg40CF0962-C86E-4901-9DFB-2885AE280615 (resized).jpeg
#919 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Not got my LE yet,
[quoted image]

That is awesome Pinhead. Sorry to hear about your father.

#920 5 years ago

My pin is on the way to my local hub and scheduled for delivery monday..... however i have a friend that's a manager on nightshift and depending when it lands this evening/tonight he's gonna let me grab it up till 7am. Hopefully its there soon so i can grab it ..

#921 5 years ago

Sorry about your Dad passing Pinhead, but it's awesome that you enjoyed The Munsters together. My Dad turned me onto pinball way back when I was a kid, but he passed away before I got my first machine. If he could only see the resurgence that pinball has experienced. Everytime I play I think about him and I feel that he's with me in spirit, which is cool. I hope you'll feel that too.

#922 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Sorry about your Dad passing Pinhead, but it's awesome that you enjoyed The Munsters together. My Dad turned me onto pinball way back when I was a kid, but he passed away before I got my first machine. If he could only see the resurgence that pinball has experienced. Everytime I play I think about him and I feel that he's with me in spirit, which is cool. I hope you'll feel that too.

That plaque is a great tribute to his dad. I guarantee you that game will be bolted to the floor forever!

#923 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Not got my LE yet,
[quoted image]

That is the Best and most valuable mod I have ever seen. What a wonderful and beautiful thing to do honoring your father. Hats off to you sincerely and thanks for sharing that.

#924 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I haven't got my Munsters pinball machine yet but i just ordered these from Bradford Exchange to keep me happy until i do get one. [quoted image][quoted image]

Well Who-Dey, you blew my surprise! I was going to spring these cool looking additions and post photos of my clock and lamp next to my game next week. I ordered both the clock and lamp last Monday, I'll have them nex Tuesday. I recall that I think the run is limited to like 250 or something like that. I think Bradford is going to get hit with a lot of orders in the very near future!

Can't wait to see how they look, I will post a few photos next week.

#925 5 years ago

Thanks for the kind words all.

Yeah the game will be one to keep, despite the shallow code

We used to watch all the 60s TV programmes together - Munsters was one of our favourite..
His passing was a unexpected and very
Quick, but got to tell him I loved him before he went.

#926 5 years ago

Heading to the fedex facility to pick up my munsters..... crazy

#927 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Well Who-Dey, you blew my surprise! I was going to spring these cool looking additions and post photos of my clock and lamp next to my game next week. I ordered both the clock and lamp last Monday, I'll have them nex Tuesday. I recall that I think the run is limited to like 250 or something like that. I think Bradford is going to get hit with a lot of orders in the very near future!
Can't wait to see how they look, I will post a few photos next week.

Lol oh man sorry about that. We still want pics though. I hated to spend that much money on those 2 items but i wanted them bad. I kept looking at them and my gf said just buy them both, you work hard and you deserve it. She finally talked me into it and i ordered them.

They only charged my pay pal for one item though today and that worries me a little. Im hoping the other item isnt out of stock, that would be a bummer. You may have bought the last one and now I can't have them both!

#928 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Thanks for the kind words all.
Yeah the game will be one to keep, despite the shallow code
We used to watch all the 60s TV programmes together - Munsters was one of our favourite..
His passing was a unexpected and very
Quick, but got to tell him I loved him before he went.

You should buy the Munsters dvd collection also and watch them all again. I caught it on sale a while back and only paid like 15 bucks at best buy for them. Im glad you got to talk to your Dad before he passed, im sure that meant a lot to him and you both.

#929 5 years ago

Boom
20190223_021410 (resized).jpg20190223_021410 (resized).jpg

#930 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Boom
[quoted image]

Thats dedication there! Congrats, looks like its going to be a Long night and weekend for you!!

#931 5 years ago

My family have all been enjoying our LE.
Since we have the pin set up steeper with a high pitch (around 7), it plays extremely fast and ball-time can be short. Makes the game more challenging which requires a bit more precision. We’re not reaching Munster Madness very easily as of yet.

Question for Munster’s owners:
When the ball hits Herman and activates the magnet in front of him, is the pin supposed to make a ‘clanging’ sound?
On my example, I hear the clanging sound coming from a metal piece under the playfield from where the magnet sits. It’s a bit odd and I’m just not sure if that’s normal?
Thanks for any input on this.

#932 5 years ago

You will hear clanging - yes. If you don't complete a Herman hurry Up - he will move and you will here the clanging along with a vocal from Herman saying Darn, Darn, Darn.

#933 5 years ago

Thanks for the reply.
I think my concern might be different.
I’ve attached a pic below of the underside of the pf.
There’s a hanging metal part which is attached below the magnet core.
When the magnet is activated, the metal part is then hit causing the clanging sound.
Is this the way it should be?
I just want to ensure that assembly is normal and not defective.

51336144-456C-47A1-BEDE-91B616078B17 (resized).jpeg51336144-456C-47A1-BEDE-91B616078B17 (resized).jpeg
#934 5 years ago

Yes, normal

#935 5 years ago

Thanks for confirming f3honda. Do you recall hearing the clanging sound frequently?
On my example, it’s heard every time the magnet is activated.

#936 5 years ago

I couldn't wait till Monday, called the terminal and picked up mine yesterday. #131, now if I could just add a number 3 to the end of the tag. Gold legs look like crap. Glad I had an extra set if luci legs laying around.

20190222_143611 (resized).jpg20190222_143611 (resized).jpg20190222_150845 (resized).jpg20190222_150845 (resized).jpg20190222_150856 (resized).jpg20190222_150856 (resized).jpg20190222_173221 (resized).jpg20190222_173221 (resized).jpg20190222_150910 (resized).jpg20190222_150910 (resized).jpg20190222_173210 (resized).jpg20190222_173210 (resized).jpg20190222_173226 (resized).jpg20190222_173226 (resized).jpg20190222_173236 (resized).jpg20190222_173236 (resized).jpg
#937 5 years ago

Putting on Red legs on your LE looks snazzy.

#938 5 years ago

Congrats! Beautiful, who was your distributor?

#939 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Thanks for confirming f3honda. Do you recall hearing the clanging sound frequently?

It clangs every time the magnet actuates, it is what causes Herman to move. There is a small metal rod that goes up through the playfield and that metal flap pushes on that rod to make herman move.

I took mine apart when I first got it because I thought there was something loose or missing that was causing the clanging noise but it is by design oddly enough. The other shoddy thing about Herman is that they are relying on a playfield plastic to provide "spring" tension to Herman by pushing on his right elbow.

#940 5 years ago

Thanks Ven- appreciate the clarification.
At least now I know the clanging sound is not defective.

#941 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

When I played a Munsters on location I could hear it most times when the magnet activated. But it’s along with all the other mechanical sounds a pinball machine makes so I assume it’s normal.

#942 5 years ago
Quoted from Tradesman:

Congrats! Beautiful, who was your distributor?

Thanks, JJ

#943 5 years ago

Hi Guys:

Anyone added a shaker to the Munsters yet?

If so, do you consider a shaker essential for a Munsters?

Any specifics of what shots will activate the shaker?

Thanks.

#944 5 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I couldn't wait till Monday, called the terminal and picked up mine yesterday. #131, now if I could just add a number 3 to the end of the tag. Gold legs look like crap. Glad I had an extra set if luci legs laying around.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!!!! Still can't get over the early proto pics showing legs and coin door in what looked like brass. Suspect that's the route I'll take on this one...gotta see it first though...hurry Tuesday!!!!

#945 5 years ago

Wow, really glad I went with an LE after looking at these photos. The LE is stunning.

#946 5 years ago

Let me know if you guys want any other pics

#947 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Congrats!!!! Still can't get over the early proto pics showing legs and coin door in what looked like brass. Suspect that's the route I'll take on this one...gotta see it first though...hurry Tuesday!!!!

Know how you feel granted thats the danger in putting too much trust in leaked prototype images. Would be a different story if they ran to a show to unveil and change the production later. Still looks great though!

#948 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Know how you feel granted thats the danger in putting too much trust in leaked prototype images. Would be a different story if they ran to a show to unveil and change the production later. Still looks great though!

No doubt...I'll have to see if I really hate the gold first, of course.... Beautiful machine, regardless

#949 5 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Let me know if you guys want any other pics

Game looks great with the red legs! Are you going to change the T molding on head to match?

#950 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Game looks great with the red legs! Are you going to change the T molding on head to match?

Dont think so, still like the hint of gold here and there. The gold legs dont "POP" like it does on Beatles, looks too flat to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/19?hl=londonpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.