IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 237.
#9801 3 years ago

I would like to swap out 2 of the white GI bulbs in my munsters game and would like to replace them with the green bulbs the game comes with. Does anyone know where I can get the same green bulbs that are already in game. Thanks

#9802 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

I would like to swap out 2 of the white GI bulbs in my munsters game and would like to replace them with the green bulbs the game comes with. Does anyone know where I can get the same green bulbs that are already in game. Thanks

Check out 2smd clear dome bulbs from comet. Those should be the same that stern uses.

#9803 3 years ago

Thank you but the bulbs already in game are colored green ,trying to match them.

#9804 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Thank you but the bulbs already in game are colored green ,trying to match them.

You mean the lenses are green? Interesting. Never noticed.

#9805 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

It is the clear dome, 2smd versions in green...Comet has them...remember, the green is used for effect, so if you swap out the whites w green may lessen the effect. Fun to play with though...

#9806 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

It is the clear dome, 2smd versions in green...Comet has them...remember, the green is used for effect, so if you swap out the whites w green may lessen the effect. Fun to play with though...

The 2 bottom GI blind me the 2 bulbs next to them are already green ,so I would like them to match ,and hopefully help with not blinding me anymore. Love this game!

#9807 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

The 2 bottom GI blind me the 2 bulbs next to them are already green ,so I would like them to match ,and hopefully help with not blinding me anymore. Love this game!

Fun, highly under-rated game!!

#9808 3 years ago

Does anyone have a pro for sale?

#9809 3 years ago

I have one.

#9810 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

It's 6 Volts.. Comet has them in stock.. You can send them an email with a close up image just to be sure it is what you want.. I have gotten several bulbs already from them.. Zero issues.

https://www.cometpinball.com/

#9811 3 years ago

Anyone know of any NIB Pro's?
and
Who is a dist in Georgia?
thanks

#9812 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Anyone know of any NIB Pro's?
and
Who is a dist in Georgia?
thanks

Pretty sure automated services in CT have them NIB at $5650

1 week later
#9813 3 years ago

Is this a dream come true???

BAF52CD5-BE38-4CFF-AE84-CF9C41EAEE04 (resized).jpegBAF52CD5-BE38-4CFF-AE84-CF9C41EAEE04 (resized).jpeg ...nah, just a late April fool’s joke.

#9814 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Is this a dream come true???
[quoted image] ...nah, just a late April fool’s joke.

Part of me kinda hoped that pinside went down due to an new code release and overwhelming outpouring of love for Munsters that was just too much for the server to handle.

On a serious note though.

TMNT is an excellent example of great code on a great table.

I think a lot of the modes added to turtles could be great if reimagined for Munsters.

We should be able to hold both flippers to select secret madness and maybe other modes themed after specific family members.

Coop and competitive modes, etc.

I’m sticking with Munsters either way. But holy cow how much more it I could be!!!

#9815 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Part of me kinda hoped that pinside went down due to an new code release and overwhelming outpouring of love for Munsters that was just too much for the server to handle.
On a serious note though.
TMNT is an excellent example of great code on a great table.
I think a lot of the modes added to turtles could be great if reimagined for Munsters.
We should be able to hold both flippers to select secret madness and maybe other modes themed after specific family members.
Coop and competitive modes, etc.
I’m sticking with Munsters either way. But holy cow how much more it I could be!!!

Huh. I think Munsters has way more personality and is also a better shooter. I was into TMNT as a B&W comic in the mid-'80s but missed most after that, so maybe this is partly my age speaking. TMNT has better rules for sure, but I think I'd give every other category to Munsters. Munsters also doesn't have a damn spinning disc, which is annoying enough on its own, but in TMNT it tends to put a persistent spin on the ball so any regular bounces you assume will go "there" instead take a sharp carom in unpredictable ways. 4 out of every 5 bounces on the top of a slingshot turns into an outlane drain. Not fun.

#9816 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Huh. I think Munsters has way more personality and is also a better shooter. I was into TMNT as a B&W comic in the mid-'80s but missed most after that, so maybe this is partly my age speaking. TMNT has better rules for sure, but I think I'd give every other category to Munsters. Munsters also doesn't have a damn spinning disc, which is annoying enough on its own, but in TMNT it tends to put a persistent spin on the ball so any regular bounces you assume will go "there" instead take a sharp carom in unpredictable ways. 4 out of every 5 bounces on the top of a slingshot turns into an outlane drain. Not fun.

I like the spinning disc in Turtles. It keeps me on my toes and hasn’t directly cost me enough drains to irk me.

Toy and Topper wise Turtles premium feels more decked out by Stern itself than Munsters. But it’s a really close call.

I really enjoy Munsters Premiums lower playfield.

Both have great mods available. I’m going to have as much fun modding Turtles as I did Munsters.

I swear, turtle van multiball is divinely inspired.

Don’t worry Munsters isn’t going anywhere I just really want to see the extra modes of TMNT thought about in some way for Munsters. There’s plenty of material to pull it off and it’s a great shooter.

Also, fun fact. I never realized until last night Dwight did the code for STNG.

So I happen to have three Dwight machines parked side by side next to 3 Brian Eddy machines side by side. All in their forever home.

Well, until my estate sale at least. Though the boy swears he won’t sell either.

08E47855-ED2D-4304-891C-26E296E4F762 (resized).jpeg08E47855-ED2D-4304-891C-26E296E4F762 (resized).jpeg
#9817 3 years ago

Well, I did it - I bought my first pin - and I went big with the Munsters LE. I’ve been in the market for awhile and lurking on Pinside enough to see a lot of trash talk on Munsters code depth. That spooked me a bit, but I had played the pro version several times and really liked it - so I put a deposit down on a new Premium color version Stern is supposed to run this month. The distributor called me last week to let me know he had taken in a mint-condition LE w/ 137 plays on it - in case I wanted to see the lower playfield in action...2 days later, I played it and had to have it. It was delivered 2 days ago and I can’t stop smiling - this machine is awesome!

If they do update the code - great - if they don’t, it will still be bolted to my game room floor and I’ll still be smiling.

1D059A57-AA3D-47CA-A211-7C10558624E0 (resized).jpeg1D059A57-AA3D-47CA-A211-7C10558624E0 (resized).jpeg
#9818 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerwannabe:

It was delivered 2 days ago and I can’t stop smiling - this machine is awesome!

Looks like you had that spot especially made for pinball (except when you get your second one )

#9819 3 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Looks like you had that spot especially made for pinball (except when you get your second one )

Yea thats a odd cubby hole.... fits the game good

#9820 3 years ago

Well, I did it - I bought my first pin - and I went big with the Munsters LE. I’ve been in the market for awhile and lurking on Pinside enough to see a lot of trash talk on Munsters code depth. That spooked me a bit, but I had played the pro version several times and really liked it - so I put a deposit down on a new Premium color version Stern is supposed to run this month. The distributor called me last week to let me know he had taken in a mint-condition LE w/ 137 plays on it - in case I wanted to see the lower playfield in action...2 days later, I played it and had to have it. It was delivered 2 days ago and I can’t stop smiling - this machine is awesome!
If they do update the code - great - if they don’t, it will still be bolted to my game room floor and I’ll still be smiling.
[quoted image]

welcome to the addiction! Great start for sure.

#9821 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Welcome to the club and grats on ignoring the negative comments here on Pinside. This is one of the best pinball games ever made, even if Dwight doesn’t do the right thing and update the code more. It is sooo fun to play, our family loves it. Honestly, who doesn’t like the Munsters?

#9822 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Congrats on the LE! I pulled the trigger on an LE 2 months ago. I was worried about the negative reviews as well but glad I went for it. Enjoy and welcome to the club!

#9823 3 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Funny you should mention that - there is another cubby on the other side of the mantle...currently taunting me with its emptiness - my Munsters needs a buddy. I was contemplating a kegerator for the other side, but another pinball machine would be more symmetrical...and more fun (at least during the week).

#9824 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

welcome to the addiction! Great start for sure.

Thanks - it really is like an addiction - I’m all in - played all weekend on my new machine, but still went out last night and played games in the wild

#9825 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Welcome to the club and grats on ignoring the negative comments here on Pinside. This is one of the best pinball games ever made, even if Dwight doesn’t do the right thing and update the code more. It is sooo fun to play, our family loves it. Honestly, who doesn’t like the Munsters?

I know, right - I started watching the reruns a few months ago on the Peacock app - they have all 70 episodes (free) - still really funny - and something the family can watch together.

#9826 3 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Congrats on the LE! I pulled the trigger on an LE 2 months ago. I was worried about the negative reviews as well but glad I went for it. Enjoy and welcome to the club!

Thanks - definitely enjoying it - how about that shaker motor on the bonus and multi-ball modes? If I had bought the pro or premium that is an upgrade I’d have put a lower priority on, but what an impact that has!

#9827 3 years ago

Funny you should mention that - there is another cubby on the other side of the mantle...currently taunting me with its emptiness - my Munsters needs a buddy. I was contemplating a kegerator for the other side, but another pinball machine would be more symmetrical...and more fun (at least during the week).

Put a Stern TMNT Premium there. It's another Dwight code game. Family friendly but very different from Munsters.

I think they complement each other well.

53500688-D139-488D-9FCA-05AFD6DB3C9D (resized).jpeg53500688-D139-488D-9FCA-05AFD6DB3C9D (resized).jpeg
#9828 3 years ago

My LE is leaving tomorrow needed the cash to pay for my Rick and Morty.

#9829 3 years ago

Any chance Stern ever finishes the code here? My guess is no at this point...

Jeff

#9830 3 years ago

I sent an email to John Borg about a week ago. Last time I exchanged emails with him (about a year ago), he had a list of items he wanted included in the next code update, which he was hopeful would be soon.... But now, no response to my latest email. Perhaps he is too busy, or has nothing new to share...or perhaps my email was just overlooked. that would be surprising, as he was always very responsive, but who knows.

#9831 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Put a Stern TMNT Premium there. It's another Dwight code game. Family friendly but very different from Munsters.
I think they complement each other well. [quoted image]

I haven’t played TMNT - I’ll have to give it a try.

How do you like the virtual pin? It looks like a nice one.

#9832 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

I sent an email to John Borg about a week ago. Last time I exchanged emails with him (about a year ago), he had a list of items he wanted included in the next code update, which he was hopeful would be soon.... But now, no response to my latest email. Perhaps he is too busy, or has nothing new to share...or perhaps my email was just overlooked. that would be surprising, as he was always very responsive, but who knows.

John wants to respond and still thinks these things should be done, but Stern powers at be have silenced him. I know, as I received an email to that effect. John deserves better from Stern supporting what he has passionately put together with Munsters. I’m amazed that Dwight does not support John, because out of his own mouth he has said that he can work on games he wants to at his own choosing from time to time, when the schedule allows. Dwight gave us everything on SW and TMNT, but badly dropped the ball on Munsters. This is not going well for the Xaqery legacy in the pinball world. He should do the right thing and support Munsters, with more call outs, modes, Munster material, you know, all the things he’s done in TMNT or any other game he’s worked on. Munsters is a fun game for sure, but has never been given real code support like all the other Stern machines have received. The only 2 updates it received after release were basically changing round 1 Munster Madness to round 2 and lessening round 1. Not much else.

This has been the beef people have had about Munsters here on Pinside. It is a good game, that should be made great through code. Dwight has really let us down, not John. Funny, Munsters is the only game with Dwight’s and John’s actual face on it showing they always deliver. John has, but Dwight should be ashamed imo and I really like him as a coder. But Munsters should at least have much needed polish and code fixes here and there and be brought up to the standard of all the other current machines, like SW just received (an older game than Munsters), GB, TMNT, like universal code applications, that Munsters to date still hasn’t received. All coded games by Dwight. I’m going to be quite dubious about buying another Dwight game as many here feel the same way, unless Dwight gives the proper treatment to Munsters that he has on all his other games.

#9833 3 years ago

so I put a deposit down on a new Premium color version Stern is supposed to run this month.

This is confusing. I thought Stern shelved the production on any more Munsters. But you are saying Color Premium is still being made today?

#9834 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This is confusing. I thought Stern shelved the production on any more Munsters. But you are saying Color Premium is still being made today?

Last run was supposed to be in Feb and then done.

Maybe that last run got postponed due to Covid, parts supply or orders/demand.

#9835 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

John wants to respond and still thinks these things should be done, but Stern powers at be have silenced him. I know, as I received an email to that effect. John deserves better from Stern supporting what he has passionately put together with Munsters. I’m amazed that Dwight does not support John, because out of his own mouth he has said that he can work on games he wants to at his own choosing from time to time, when the schedule allows. Dwight gave us everything on SW and TMNT, but badly dropped the ball on Munsters. This is not going well for the Xaqery legacy in the pinball world. He should do the right thing and support Munsters, with more call outs, modes, Munster material, you know, all the things he’s done in TMNT or any other game he’s worked on. Munsters is a fun game for sure, but has never been given real code support like all the other Stern machines have received. The only 2 updates it received after release were basically changing round 1 Munster Madness to round 2 and lessening round 1. Not much else.
This has been the beef people have had about Munsters here on Pinside. It is a good game, that should be made great through code. Dwight has really let us down, not John. Funny, Munsters is the only game with Dwight’s and John’s actual face on it showing they always deliver. John has, but Dwight should be ashamed imo and I really like him as a coder. But Munsters should at least have much needed polish and code fixes here and there and be brought up to the standard of all the other current machines, like SW just received (an older game than Munsters), GB, TMNT, like universal code applications, that Munsters to date still hasn’t received. All coded games by Dwight. I’m going to be quite dubious about buying another Dwight game as many here feel the same way, unless Dwight gives the proper treatment to Munsters that he has on all his other games.

Someday I believe Dwight will drop a code update. Just don’t expect it soon and don’t expect it to be a massive update and then you will be pleasantly surprised.

#9836 3 years ago

I know nothing about coding but Munsters only needs a little boost and doesn't seem like it would take that long for a professional.anyone here code? Would it take longer than I think? How many hours would it take to add another mode,some callouts and clips? Maybe we can pitch in and send Dwight a check.

#9837 3 years ago

Thanks - definitely enjoying it - how about that shaker motor on the bonus and multi-ball modes? If I had bought the pro or premium that is an upgrade I’d have put a lower priority on, but what an impact that has!

I agree. I wouldn’t have probably ever added a shaker motor as an upgrade, but now I couldn’t live without it. This is my first LE and now I feel like it’s LE or bust for me.

#9838 3 years ago

I haven’t played TMNT - I’ll have to give it a try.
How do you like the virtual pin? It looks like a nice one.

The vpin is nice. I have all the arcooda pinball arcade, zen pinball fx3, and Zaccaria tables on it. Plus some stand alones like Pinball Wicked which scratches the Pirate theme itch.

I have the Kinect hooked up to it also and can play all the pinball arcade games in 3D without glasses.

I got the cab pre-built which I know some have strong feelings about. It came with windows 7 and all the zen tables properly licensed.

But I upgraded it to windows 10, pinup popper, and added Zaccaria, arcooda, and visual pinball to it myself. I’m constantly tinkering with it. It’s got a 4k playfield but the video card couldn’t keep up so I put in an RTX Titan.

It’s a nice way to play tables that I can’t fit or don’t exist in real life. But it’s still no substitute for the real thing.

#9839 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Last run was supposed to be in Feb and then done.
Maybe that last run got postponed due to Covid, parts supply or orders/demand.

I think it must have been pushed back - I put the deposit down in March and the distributor told me I was getting the last of one of his 4 allotted and his best guess on timeframe was late April. I know my slot was quickly snapped up by the next of several he had on a waitlist when I switched to the LE he got in. The only one Stern planned to run was the Premium color version - a little surprising to me since I thought the black and white version was more popular.

#9840 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

The vpin is nice. I have all the arcooda pinball arcade, zen pinball fx3, and Zaccaria tables on it. Plus some stand alones like Pinball Wicked which scratches the Pirate theme itch.
I have the Kinect hooked up to it also and can play all the pinball arcade games in 3D without glasses.
I got the cab pre-built which I know some have strong feelings about. It came with windows 7 and all the zen tables properly licensed.
But I upgraded it to windows 10, pinup popper, and added Zaccaria, arcooda, and visual pinball to it myself. I’m constantly tinkering with it. It’s got a 4k playfield but the video card couldn’t keep up so I put in an RTX Titan.
It’s a nice way to play tables that I can’t fit or don’t exist in real life. But it’s still no substitute for the real thing.

I’m intrigued by the idea of a virtual pin - I play all the time on my iPad so I guess that is pretty good proof of concept that it would hold my interest. The cost and my somewhat limited and antiquated knowledge of MS OS’s are holding me back.

#9841 3 years ago

I’m intrigued by the idea of a virtual pin - I play all the time on my iPad so I guess that is pretty good proof of concept that it would hold my interest. The cost and my somewhat limited and antiquated knowledge of MS OS’s are holding me back.

We can chat about it more in pm if you want.

#9842 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Thanks for that. I don't understand the possible reasons for this strange behavior by Stern, but bottom line, it doesn't matter. If no update ever, I will continue to enjoy my Munsters!

#9843 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

How many hours would it take to add another mode,some callouts and clips? Maybe we can pitch in and send Dwight a check.

HUH send him a check for what? a job that should have been done over a year ago?
Munsters is going down the same path as GB did, which was somewhere around 3 years.

No more Dwight games for me - enough is enough! and the price they want for these new machines these days with Munsters lazy code is a disgrace! Might as well have been sold as a Zizzle machine.

#9844 3 years ago

Squizz sorry you are out. I seem to like the underdogs... Munster B&W Premium, Star Wars and my latest API Oktoberfest. I must say Oktoberfest is a great value and underrated. I am glad to support another company than Stern and would like to do the same with a Rick and Morty.

#9845 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I know nothing about coding but Munsters only needs a little boost and doesn't seem like it would take that long for a professional.anyone here code? Would it take longer than I think? How many hours would it take to add another mode,some callouts and clips? Maybe we can pitch in and send Dwight a check.

Generally speaking, including testing. It would probably take at least 2 full man weeks for a “simple” update adding modes. But potentially much more time depending on how ambitious the updates were.

Honestly, I kinda hope for jailbreaks to happen.

I think if the home brew community took to pinball like the retro gaming space, a ton of tables that have been historically panned could have totally new life.

#9846 3 years ago

I think new code will be released when the next batch of games is made..

#9847 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

I think new code will be released when the next batch of games is made..

When is the next batch of games? Does anyone know?

#9848 3 years ago

I heard they were supposed to run one last batch of color premiums back in February, but it's been pushed back. Then that's it for Munsters.

#9849 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

When is the next batch of games? Does anyone know?

Probably when they get enough new order demand. I thought with last call on Munsters they would have enough by now....

#9850 3 years ago

Does anyone in Australia have a huo pro for sale? The buggers are like rocking horse shit. Hard to find.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/197?hl=pinballerwannabe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.