pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 237.
#9751 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

I would need a model for that, but thinking of it. How does spot look for real? in the series hes never seen in total. I guess a stegosaurus with a single row of backplates with a t-rex head?[quoted image]

That is probably pretty close. The head looks like the head in our game. Following the tail toward the head looks close too. We see lots of the tail and head in the show.

004DC3AC-77A5-4636-818D-380ADFB37363 (resized).jpeg004DC3AC-77A5-4636-818D-380ADFB37363 (resized).jpeg31EAD3E9-35C6-4D44-968E-62E162EF57ED (resized).jpeg31EAD3E9-35C6-4D44-968E-62E162EF57ED (resized).jpegCA974573-77F0-418B-8B81-93BC4DC47625 (resized).jpegCA974573-77F0-418B-8B81-93BC4DC47625 (resized).jpeg
#9752 3 years ago

Yep cabal I believe that is SPOT....Grrrrr....
I'm sure I could find a toy to put under the glass if I just remembered when at the store toy section or hobby shop.
My little nephew is in the dinosaur and trucks stage of his early life...............about like me as his old great uncle - Lol -

#9753 3 years ago

Sorry for the little off topic 3D theme. Will close it now with the published scans.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4771714

#9754 3 years ago

Apologies if this was posted before, I looked back several pages and didn't see any reference...

On the Super Awesome Pinball Show several weeks back, Franchi mentioned a flipper code for Munsters:

Both
Left 3
Right 1
Left 6
Right 1
Left 5
Right 1
Both

#9755 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Apologies if this was posted before, I looked back several pages and didn't see any reference...
On the Super Awesome Pinball Show several weeks back, Franchi mentioned a flipper code for Munsters:
Both
Left 3
Right 1
Left 6
Right 1
Left 5
Right 1
Both

yes i think this was found before, this are the ones i found
1 2 3 = B LR LLR LLLRR = Credits
19 19 1 = B LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLR LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLR LRR
4 5 1 = B LLLLR LLLLLR LRR = Dead Flip
3 3 3 = B LLLR LLLR LLLRR = Hello World
3 6 5 = B LLLR LLLLLLR LLLLLRR = Chris Franchi
4 4 6 = B LLLLR LLLLR LLLLLLRR = Pinball Team
7 1 4 = B LLLLLLLR LR LLLLRR = XAQ i missed you
8 4 7 = B LLLLLLLLR LLLLR LLLLLLLRR = Serial Number?
4 1 4 = B LLLLR LR LLLLRR = Secret Mania in Attract mode, gives message only to be startet in Game
in game:
4 1 4 = LLLLR LR LLLLRR starts secret mania

#9756 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

yes i think this was found before, this are the ones i found
1 2 3 = B LR LLR LLLRR = Credits
19 19 1 = B LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLR LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLR LRR
4 5 1 = B LLLLR LLLLLR LRR = Dead Flip
3 3 3 = B LLLR LLLR LLLRR = Hello World
3 6 5 = B LLLR LLLLLLR LLLLLRR = Chris Franchi
4 4 6 = B LLLLR LLLLR LLLLLLRR = Pinball Team
7 1 4 = B LLLLLLLR LR LLLLRR = XAQ i missed you
8 4 7 = B LLLLLLLLR LLLLR LLLLLLLRR = Serial Number?
4 1 4 = B LLLLR LR LLLLRR = Secret Mania in Attract mode, gives message only to be startet in Game
in game:
4 1 4 = LLLLR LR LLLLRR starts secret mania

Amazing work, thank you, I'm copying those down to have them handy!

#9757 3 years ago

found a tempory mod, after searching the videos from the series i haven't found a complete picture of Spot.
Either Head or Tail. The most complete is chris franchis interpretation on the Playfield.

was to tasty gummy-spot is gone now.

P1120451 (resized).JPGP1120451 (resized).JPG
#9758 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

found a tempory mod, after searching the videos from the series i haven't found a complete picture of Spot.
Either Head or Tail. The most complete is chris franchis interpretation on the Playfield.
was to tasty gummy-spot is gone now.[quoted image]

A Google search says Spot is a stegosaurus, so you are on top of it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=stegosaurus&client=safari&rls=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi8sKarjojvAhVEMqwKHUZeBysQ_AUoAXoECBUQAw&biw=1280&bih=963

But the Spot head on my Munsters looks more like a velociraptor.

https://www.google.com/search?q=velociraptor&client=safari&rls=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiY1YDqjojvAhUEUKwKHZ8NBXkQ_AUoAXoECBUQAw&biw=1280&bih=963

1 week later
#9759 3 years ago
Quoted from davej:

Hi, a few questions about the Stern topper, just got mine installed. Is it supposed to tell the time of day when I power on the game? It seems to work when playing a game and spins during Raven multiball. Although on one game when I lost the ball, and the game was over, during Raven MB the clock kept spinning for 30 seconds or so after the game was over. Lastly any way to have the raven talk louder? Didn’t see any specific adjustments in menu.
Thanks!

I have this same issue with my topper on my PRO. I have to turn the game off to get the clock to stop spinning. A code issue perhaps?

#9760 3 years ago
Quoted from DustinP:

I have this same issue with my topper on my PRO. I have to turn the game off to get the clock to stop spinning. A code issue perhaps?

maybe it could be this problem:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/171#post-5676563

somebody i think had the same and it was a microswitch issue?

#9762 3 years ago

This demonstrates Munsters is still a very relevant theme and the naysayers try to say it isn’t. It is too old a theme they say, lol. Munsters is an evergreen title, that is why Hollywood is constantly trying to reinvent it. Universal monsters, Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman, Dracula’s daughter etc. are never outdated. Munsters is a fabulous theme and machine. Predict now that it is going out of print, Munsters HUO will go up in value, as people discover what a great playing machine it is and how fun. (Just wish Dwight Xaqery would do his part and give it the polish it deserves)

#9763 3 years ago

Had not played a game in a few weeks, had great game. 7 super jackpots, 6x multiplier. Waited to the last ball to cash in!!!!! Such fun!

I think hitting Spot and Raven Multiball are some of the most satisfying shots in my collection

#9764 3 years ago

Somebody pinch me.. I must be dreaming!! This is great news!!

-And-

Darn!! Darn!! Darn!! Elvira gets new code!!

#9765 3 years ago

Been a while since I stopped in, but wanted to say that I’ve been playing my premium without the lower play field activated, and if you haven’t tried this yet, I seriously recommend giving it a shot. Completely different feel to the game (it’s seriously all flow now), and I’m having much more fun. I’m seriously considering trading down to a pro.

#9766 3 years ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

Been a while since I stopped in, but wanted to say that I’ve been playing my premium without the lower play field activated, and if you haven’t tried this yet, I seriously recommend giving it a shot. Completely different feel to the game (it’s seriously all flow now), and I’m having much more fun. I’m seriously considering trading down to a pro.

Keep it. If you get bored, turning it back on will add depth

I love it.

I have all the lower playfield shots down to muscle memory now. and I agree with others comments in the thread. Raven multiball is fun as hell. Especially with the topper.

#9767 3 years ago

Question for the Club

Prem Munsters

Does it offer depth - From Owners

I am not speaking of 20 layers and 3 wiz modes

But enough for a nice challenge and a solid victory

My buddy has a pro and he really enjoys it but mentioned super repetitiveness on the display

I want to like this game as I loved show

Any info on premium gameplay ?

Feel free to message me

Thanks all

#9768 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

It is going to play like Pro.

The lower play field is a diversion that lasts for 30-60 seconds. I play my LE either way. It flows more with the lower play field turned off. But I like the challenge of getting those small balls where they need to go. As for adding to a solid victory, that would be a bit of a stretch.

#9769 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

I enjoy it, with the lower PF on. For balance, my favorite game of all time is still Scared Stiff, and Munsters feels a lot like that to me(which is a good thing to me).

#9770 3 years ago

Munsters has that one more game feel to it. Enjoy grandpas basement and think it is the best toy in all of pinball, as it’s a full fledge pinball machine in and of itself. Playing a multiball on upper and lower at the same time...doesn’t get any better. Plenty to shoot for and if you like the show the back box, music, sounds, etc are good. Throw in midnight madness and secret mania to really add to the Munsters experience. This all adds to a solid victory in Munsters fun.

#9771 3 years ago

Thank you all

You have given me something to think about

#9772 3 years ago

I have to admit, I’m torn. I’ve had 2 Munsters machines (I had an early LE, then a color premium), and it’s not a machine I’d be happy with as a better-than-average player in a single machine home. I *love* it as a compliment to my other machines (BM66, GNRLE, MBRLE), and enjoy it quite frequently. The geometry of the upper play field is seriously impressive, and Munsters is the most “flowy” shooter in the collection. It’s also frustratingly missing the charm, depth, and overall polish of even BM66 (and it’s not even close). It presents and plays like a tamed down version of Monster Bash (honestly, you *really* have to consider it an homage to MB, as the rules are so similar), yet Monster Bash feels much more polished and complete.

However, I do love most things about the game. I absolutely adore the artwork, the topper is amazing, and it’s such a meditative shooter with the lower playfield off that I find myself playing it almost as a mindfulness exercise.

At the end of the day, the best overall feeling I have about this project: it’s a shame that it is not being given the chance to live up to its potential, and it wouldn’t take much to get it there (only code), but every time I hear anyone involved with the project being interviewed, it’s almost like there’s an implicit shrug and a “we’ve moved on” when asked about the future of the game.

I often think that this quote from poet John Greenleaf Whittier sums up my overall feeling about the game:

“ For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.”

But seriously, if you love it, listen to your gut!

#9773 3 years ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

I have to admit, I’m torn. I’ve had 2 Munsters machines (I had an early LE, then a color premium), and it’s not a machine I’d be happy with as a better-than-average player in a single machine home. I *love* it as a compliment to my other machines (BM66, GNRLE, MBRLE), and enjoy it quite frequently. The geometry of the upper play field is seriously impressive, and Munsters is the most “flowy” shooter in the collection. It’s also frustratingly missing the charm, depth, and overall polish of even BM66 (and it’s not even close). It presents and plays like a tamed down version of Monster Bash (honestly, you *really* have to consider it an homage to MB, as the rules are so similar), yet Monster Bash feels much more polished and complete.
However, I do love most things about the game. I absolutely adore the artwork, the topper is amazing, and it’s such a meditative shooter with the lower playfield off that I find myself playing it almost as a mindfulness exercise.
At the end of the day, the best overall feeling I have about this project: it’s a shame that it is not being given the chance to live up to its potential, and it wouldn’t take much to get it there (only code), but every time I hear anyone involved with the project being interviewed, it’s almost like there’s an implicit shrug and a “we’ve moved on” when asked about the future of the game.
I often think that this quote from poet John Greenleaf Whittier sums up my overall feeling about the game:
“ For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.”

Hitting some points I’ve made numerous times. It is definitely a machine that “might have been” incredible, if Xaqery Dwight would have come up to the plate and just included more modes like midnight madness and secret mania, with what most all of us really want, a great deal more Munsters show material. Quite disappointed in Stern leaving us owners forlorn and not doing what they’ve done on every single Stern to date: give the consumers their monies worth with proper updates to making the code better. It is shameful on Stern’s part, that they have neglected what could have been a top ten game and it wouldn’t take much by just adding some much needed polish and code updates. Wake up Stern and treat the Munsters owners right.

#9774 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Hitting some points I’ve made numerous times. It is definitely a machine that “might have been” incredible, if Xaqery Dwight would have come up to the plate and just included more modes like midnight madness and secret mania, with what most all of us really want, a great deal more Munsters show material. Quite disappointed in Stern leaving us owners forlorn and not doing what they’ve done on every single Stern to date: give the consumers their monies worth with proper updates to making the code better. It is shameful on Stern’s part they have neglected what could have been a top ten game and for no other reason than just adding some much needed polish and updates. Wake up Stern and treat the Munsters owners right.

I thought they said the code was done.....

#9775 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I thought they said the code was done.....

They say that on most all their games and just the other day, IMDN a nearly 4 year old game got a nice update. Star Wars, even older just received a meaningful update and it was proclaimed done by Dwight too. Munsters another Dwight coded game is being given the same cold treatment Dwight gave GB all those years, till he finally addressed its issues.

Dwight Xaqery is one of my favorite coders, but man he does need a bunch of prodding or is overworked by Stern. It badly needs more call outs as well as show material. If he can’t do it, why can’t Stern put someone else on the job to do what should be done for Munsters? It reached 1.0 with only 2 prior code releases from its debut and then nothing for the past couple of years...

Compare the code for TMNT (1.41) with Munsters (1.03). Dwight gave TMNT everything including the kitchen sink, but the bare minimum to Munsters. Yet the machines cost the same???

#9776 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

They say that on most all their games and just the other day, IMDN a nearly 4 year old game got a nice update. Star Wars, even older just received a meaningful update and it was proclaimed done by Dwight too. Munsters another Dwight coded game is being given the same cold treatment Dwight gave GB all those years, till he finally addressed its issues.
Dwight Xaqery is one of my favorite coders, but man he does need a bunch of prodding or is overworked by Stern. It badly needs more call outs as well as show material. If he can’t do it, why can’t Stern put someone else on the job to do what should be done for Munsters? It reached 1.0 with only 2 prior code releases from its debut and then nothing for the past couple of years...
Compare the code for TMNT (1.41) with Munsters (1.03). Dwight gave TMNT everything including the kitchen sink, but the bare minimum to Munsters. Yet the machines cost the same???

Well maybe 1 more year wait until the code update - that would make 3 years!

#9777 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Well maybe 1 more year wait until the code update - that would make 3 years!

Well you only have to look at how long it took Dwight release the last update for GhostBusters
you say another year - lol - Wish - Munsters still has a lot of time waiting on code!

Did I ever say last NIB DS game for me? Shame but true.....

Quoted from Rozeks:

It’s also frustratingly missing the charm, depth, and overall polish of even BM66 (and it’s not even close).

Exactly - So much still is missing on such an awesome looking and flowing game! I wished Llyman had've coded this

#9778 3 years ago

Hello,
Does anyone have a link or part number for the gramps switch?
Preferably a cherry switch, as the one that comes with the game is junk.

Thanks, James

#9779 3 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Hello,
Does anyone have a link or part number for the gramps switch?
Preferably a cherry switch, as the one that comes with the game is junk.
Thanks, James

it should be this one:
#180-5209-00

what you need to do is put some hotglue or silikon around the legs of the switch. this will prevent that they break off.
since i have done that, the switch never broke again, before that i had to replace 4 times.

see here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/166#post-5633827

#9780 3 years ago

Thunderbird --keep beating the drum, we appreciate you!

#9781 3 years ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

What a great post!!! They did so many things right w this pin from the start and surely fits in " dream theme" category for some.

So odd to feel like it was abandoned on the final stretch....just having more polish seemed eminent, along with adding more variance to the package.

I was told as much years ago directly from Stern regarding the topper and mini PF oddities. Then silence. Almost like they have consciously decided to ignore it. Weird.

Love my game, and in the lineup it fits fine. Just so, so much more that could be done in code to " finish" this one.

The huge attack from Pinside surely didn't help motivate them, however, so many do love/ have this game it should stir enough care ....Borg had stated early it was his favorite pin project to date ( big shoes given what he's done in the past)...someone threw a big rock on that for whatever reason.

Oh well...mine stays, and I treat it like KISS....was fun but not fully baked . KISS is a complete game now w the updated code, we can hope Munsters is in the queue somewhere.

#9782 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

What a great post!!! They did so many things right w this pin from the start and surely fits in " dream theme" category for some.
So odd to feel like it was abandoned on the final stretch....just having more polish seemed eminent, along with adding more variance to the package.
I was told as much years ago directly from Stern regarding the topper and mini PF oddities. Then silence. Almost like they have consciously decided to ignore it. Weird.
Love my game, and in the lineup it fits fine. Just so, so much more that could be done in code to " finish" this one.
The huge attack from Pinside surely didn't help motivate them, however, so many do love/ have this game it should stir enough care ....Borg had stated early it was his favorite pin project to date ( big shoes given what he's done in the past)...someone threw a big rock on that for whatever reason.
Oh well...mine stays, and I treat it like KISS....was fun but not fully baked . KISS is a complete game now w the updated code, we can hope Munsters is in the queue somewhere.

Really seems like Stern has abandoned this game much like JJP has abandoned POTC. A real shame, as I’d really love to own one some day, but I already own a MB and it’s just hard to make the leap

#9783 3 years ago

It's gotta be the fastest stern has ever given up on a machine. 2 scoring updates and a dumbed down first munster madness and then the rest of the updates were for the topper. Heck even wwe got more substantial updates lol

#9784 3 years ago

Picking up a B/W premium tomorrow and was wondering if I needed to remove the balls from the mini playfield before breaking down and transporting it. I'm thinking they would be contained but don't know for sure.

#9785 3 years ago

Definitely at least one update coming. Munsters is a huge license and deserves more work and time spent on code!

#9786 3 years ago

I doubt we will ever see an update.

#9787 3 years ago

Never say never

#9788 3 years ago

maybe with Rob Zombie heading up a new movie it'll force Stern to release an update

#9789 3 years ago

At the very least they need to install the Jukebox that they’ve done on other spike games. A code update will follow soon!

#9790 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Definitely at least one update coming. Munsters is a huge license and deserves more work and time spent on code!

Based on what information?

#9791 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Based on what information?

Hopes and Dreams

#9792 3 years ago

The long delayed ghostbusters update was even more of a long shot and it happened. It wasn’t even the newest format being a dmd style. At least musters can repurpose code from what they do today.

#9793 3 years ago

So what is the official fix for the ball hitting the plastic in front of Herman? My guess would be putting some washers underneath the plastic to raise it up.

#9794 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

So what is the official fix for the ball hitting the plastic in front of Herman? My guess would be putting some washers underneath the plastic to raise it up.

No, use this... And you'll be all set;

https://www.pinballlife.com/munsters-easy-install-air-ball-killer-plastic-protector-for-herman-bash-toy.html

And i also use this one to stop wild air balls and stuck balls in Grandpa's laboratory;

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0093-00

#9795 3 years ago

Does that get installed underneath the existing plastic?

#9796 3 years ago

My issue isn't airballs, it's the ball hitting the front edge of the original plastic and not making it to bash Herman. Tried lowering the flipper power first but still does it. Going to try washers underneath the plastic tonight and see if that does the trick.

#9797 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

My issue isn't airballs, it's the ball hitting the front edge of the original plastic and not making it to bash Herman. Tried lowering the flipper power first but still does it. Going to try washers underneath the plastic tonight and see if that does the trick.

What is making the ball get airborne? I’d try to figure that out first.

#9798 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

If you have a premium or LE with lower play field , it may be the lower play field glass not level. This will cause a lot of air balls.

#9799 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

If you have a premium or LE with lower play field , it may be the lower play field glass not level. This will cause a lot of air balls.

The lower playfield glass was screwed down too tight on upper section. I loosened screws a bit and good to go now, thanks for the help.

#9800 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

The lower playfield glass was screwed down too tight on upper section. I loosened screws a bit and good to go now, thanks for the help.

Happy to be of some help for a change .I'm usually the guy with the problem's, with my machines, OH wait I am Elvira's crypt continuous problem

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/196?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.