pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 237.
#9701 3 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Well it’s all set up in the game room, wow is all I can say. It’s beautiful and I think having an LE has ruined me lol. All the extra features are awesome. As far as gameplay, first game the wife played she looked at me and said the shots are smooth as butter. I agree with her. I only played a couple of games last night so I can’t give my full opinion but it seems awesome and I am glad to be part of the club.

It certainly is smooth. This, MMR, and STNG make for a fun evening.

#9702 3 years ago

Hi club members! It’s now getting old to have my Munsters shutting down during Munster madness multiball and resetting. Munsters is in bad need of some code polish, even if they don’t add some more code love. I’m sharing my letter I’ve sent and ask that you each might nicely do the same. Munsters needs some fixes in various areas, plain and simple. Stern owes that much to us.

Here is my letter and please add any game fixes needed you know of as well:

Hello Team Stern Pinball,

Been patiently waiting for an update to our fabulous Munsters Machine. It is in need of at least some maintenance, for errors in the code.

1. On ocassion during upper and lower playfield multiball, machine will suddenly shut down and reset itself.

2. Badly needs other various fixes in the code. This machine has never been polished and has flaws in various areas of the gameplay.

3. There is a 1/3 haze over the LCD screen when most anything from the show is playing.

4. Small fixes to the topper code and LCD game transitions need fixing.

5. Munsters needs universal code update to be inline with other updated machines, like Star Wars, which is an older game. Example: DJ mixer, front start button, and other universal code for newer games like Munsters.

This game has been badly neglected and needs some love and attention. The game resetting during gameplay is simply unacceptable and needs fixing. Please give our Munsters machine some code love, even if you’re not going to do the right thing by us owners and give it more show material and modes, which it badly deserves.

I’ve purchased many of your LEs and Munsters is the only one I’ve continued to ask for some additional code. All other machines get code love to exceed my expectations, such as TMNT. Munsters is the opposite of that code love. Please do the right thing by us owners that purchased early, knowing from Stern history that you always take care of us. That has not been the case for Munsters with only 2 meaningful updates since launch and I can’t figure out why???

Please do the right thing and at least give Munsters some polish and use more of the call outs that are already in the code, just sitting there dormant.

Please don’t stay silent on this like you have in the past.

A loyal customer of Stern,

If enough of us write in to customer service, maybe, just maybe Stern will do the right thing and take care of our machines with sorely needed code matinence. Please write to them.

#9703 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

1. On ocassion during upper and lower playfield multiball, machine will suddenly shut down and reset itself.

I have never had this happen on my LE. This is the first time I have heard about this issue.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

3. There is a 1/3 haze over the LCD screen when most anything from the show is playing.

I am not experiencing this problem, either. This is new to me.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Other then having to repair a light when I got my topper I was not aware that the topper is not doing what it is supposed to. That raven will not shut up.

The code can be debated until........

But I have never had any mechanical or electrical problems with mine. I don't have any coil stop problems. The flippers sound like the flipper in all my other pins.

I have experienced two times where the play field got sideways and dropped to the bottom of the cabinet (it takes two people to lift it back up). I could fix one of these so it would never happen again. Actually, I could fix both issues, but I do not want make any mods to my cabinet. It is something Stern could correct with a couple of minor changes but I know it won't so I don't worry about it. Other than this, I have never had any problems with performance.

#9704 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Hi club members! It’s now getting old to have my Munsters shutting down during Munster madness multiball and resetting. Munsters is in bad need of some code polish, even if they don’t add some more code love. I’m sharing my letter I’ve sent and ask that you each might nicely do the same. Munsters needs some fixes in various areas, plain and simple. Stern owes that much to us.
Here is my letter and please add any game fixes needed you know of as well:
Hello Team Stern Pinball,
Been patiently waiting for an update to our fabulous Munsters Machine. It is in need of at least some maintenance, for errors in the code.
2. Badly needs other various fixes in the code. This machine has never been polished and has flaws in various areas of the gameplay.
5. Munsters needs universal code update to be inline with other updated machines, like Star Wars, which is an older game. Example: DJ mixer, front start button, and other universal code for newer games like Munsters.
This game has been badly neglected and needs some love and attention. The game resetting during gameplay is simply unacceptable and needs fixing. Please give our Munsters machine some code love, even if you’re not going to do the right thing by us owners and give it more show material and modes, which it badly deserves.
I’ve purchased many of your LEs and Munsters is the only one I’ve continued to ask for some additional code. All other machines get code love to exceed my expectations, such as TMNT. Munsters is the opposite of that code love. Please do the right thing by us owners that purchased early, knowing from Stern history that you always take care of us. That has not been the case for Munsters with only 2 meaningful updates since launch and I can’t figure out why???
Please do the right thing and at least give Munsters some polish and use more of the call outs that are already in the code, just sitting there dormant.
Please don’t stay silent on this like you have in the past.
A loyal customer of Stern,
If enough of us write in to customer service, maybe, just maybe Stern will do the right thing and take care of our machines with sorely needed code matinence. Please write to them.

(1) Your correct 100%... There is a left sided haze over a lot of the videos and its very distracting.... It has a perfectly cut half moon shape on the right side and fully covers over the rest of the video as from right to left.. At first i was thinking this is some sort of watermark for copyright protection?

(2) Also, when playing in grandpa's laboratory..... Everytime the counter hits 1-second and the game ends..... Lily's voice comes on "start the machine".... Well its too late as the lower game is over. ... This is very bothersome.

(3) The raven topper is missing a few coded interactions with the raven on the LED screen.

20210212_175053 (resized).jpg20210212_175053 (resized).jpg20210212_175406 (resized).jpg20210212_175406 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210212-175319_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210212-175319_Gallery (resized).jpg
#9705 3 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

(2) Also, when playing in grandpa's laboratory..... Everytime the counter hits 1-second and the game ends..... Lily's voice comes on "start the machine".... Well its too late as the lower game is over. ... This is very bothersome.

Yeah, and when I am playing a multi-ball session and 1 of 3 or 4 balls drains down the right outlane, Paul Lynde speaks up and says "too bad you you" or that other thing he says when I get a right hand drain, all the while while I am still going strong with the remaining balls on the play field.

When I am in grandpa's Lab I know when my lab session is over. I don't worry about the callouts because after a while a set of callouts--- on any pin--- are going to get old, repetitive, and tiresome.

#9706 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

If enough of us write in to customer service, maybe,

Done! because I want code also...Even though I have not ANY issues to date with the pin...just would like us to get a update for hanging in there with all the bashing...(Others do not influence what I like, although I still don't like that they tried to make this game a perceived failure, which it is far from that)..Anyways, it's the right thing for Stern to do.We have supported them, time for them to acknowledge us, and make it a game that everyone wished they kept.

#9707 3 years ago

Boy, this was long overdue. Replaced with a Cliffy.

You can see how beat up the one vertical section is, the other side doesn't even have the vertical piece.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9708 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

You can see how beat up the one vertical section is, the other side doesn't even have the vertical piece.
[quoted image]

How was the install? I have mine waiting on me...

#9709 3 years ago

(1) Your correct 100%... There is a left sided haze over a lot of the videos and its very distracting.... It has a perfectly cut half moon shape on the right side and fully covers over the rest of the video as from right to left.. At first i was thinking this is some sort of watermark for copyright protection?

I always thought this was an artistic touch meant to simulate the ambient light reflection off the curvature of an old fashioned tube TV. Just like the ones we all watched the Munsters on back in the day.

#9710 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

#9711 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

[quoted image]

Replaced mine yesterday also. The left top piece on mine broke

#9712 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I put it off for about 6 months because I read comments that there's a little bit of work involved. LOL. Wasn't bad. The right wireform needs to at least be moved (loose, not completely removed). Just 3 nuts for the wireform.

So the plastics and wireform are just the typical screw or nut stuff. No biggie there.

The one thing that was a little bit of a PIA for me was the post that catches the edge of the original Stern protector (back left side if you are looking from the front). That means the post needs to come out. At first I figured there was the typical T-nut on the back side of the PF, but there's really a nut w/the built in nylon washer under the PF. So I removed the nut and the post's threads were a little tight in the hole. That's where it got a little tricky for me since my 3/8" deep-well socket is MIA (the post's 'built in nut' is at the base). I tinkered around with a closed wrench but that was going far too slow. Luckily, a metric deep-well socket must be close enough to 3/8"...and then it got a lot easier.

I put down a microfiber rag to catch any washers/screws/nuts that got loose, but they all behaved.

Here's a pic of the post and the new Cliffy. You can see how it (and the Stern part) catches the protector.

I should add - the VUK doesn't need to be removed or loosened. (I'm missing the 'Grandpa' plastic, was missing when I bought it).

#9713 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I put it off for about 6 months because I read comments that there's a little bit of work involved. LOL. Wasn't bad. The right wireform needs to at least be moved (loose, not completely removed). Just 3 nuts for the wireform.
So the plastics and wireform are just the typical screw or nut stuff. No biggie there.
The one thing that was a little bit of a PIA for me was the post that catches the edge of the original Stern protector (back left side if you are looking from the front). That means the post needs to come out. At first I figured there was the typical T-nut on the back side of the PF, but there's really a nut w/the built in nylon washer under the PF. So I removed the nut and the post's threads were a little tight in the hole. That's where it got a little tricky for me since my 3/8" deep-well socket is MIA (the post's 'built in nut' is at the base). I tinkered around with a closed wrench but that was going far too slow. Luckily, a metric deep-well socket must be close enough to 3/8"...and then it got a lot easier.
I put down a microfiber rag to catch any washers/screws/nuts that got loose, but they all behaved.
Here's a pic of the post and the new Cliffy. You can see how it (and the Stern part) catches the protector.
I should add - the VUK doesn't need to be removed or loosened. (I'm missing the 'Grandpa' plastic, was missing when I bought it).
[quoted image]

Adding to my original post: One thing I would suggest is to tighten the post from the backside of the PF, hold the post in place from the top. That will help prevent any damage from the post up top turning, digging into the PF clear coat.

#9714 3 years ago

well and there is the eddie jackpot scene.
sorry seen it one, you will never forget.

Eddie_jackpot (resized).JPGEddie_jackpot (resized).JPG
#9715 3 years ago

I added images to my above post for further clarification of this issue.

#9716 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

sorry seen it one, you will never forget.[quoted image]

Is that real or photoshopped? I've never seen that one before. Cool.

#9717 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

[quoted image]

I took out the screw holding vuk just to make it easier. Tied it up with a zip tie so it wouldn't pull wires loose. Did lose the short standoff, took awhile to find it in bottom of cabinet

#9718 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

[quoted image]

I put this on in place of grandpa plastic. Looks good on the game. But I paid half of this price

Screenshot_20210212-151232_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210212-151232_eBay (resized).jpg
#9719 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I put this on in place of grandpa plastic. Looks good on the game. But I paid half of this price
[quoted image]

That's neat. I've been thinking along the lines of maybe 3D printing Grandpa, if I can find a decent file on Thingiverse to mod/paint...keep forgetting to check.

For maybe 6 months after buying the pin, I hadn't even noticed Grandpa was missing. Then one day when I was installing some Titans I noticed the empty brackets. Hmmm...what goes there? Duh!

#9720 3 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Is that real or photoshopped? I've never seen that one before. Cool.

for me it's real. It's no too visible but once recognized it it's burned into the brain and you will always look at it

but it could be i live in germany and from the differnt screen frequency it will not show elsewhere?

Maybe you could verfiy it if's only my machine.

#9721 3 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

(3) The raven topper is missing a few coded interactions with the raven on the LED screen.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

i guess this is intentional, a more or less good try to enhance the feeling of a rounded tv-tube with shadow effects.
I think it's visible in all match animations. But on some videos more visible than others.

#9722 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

for me it's real. It's no too visible but once recognized it it's burned into the brain and you will always look at it
but it could be i live in germany and from the differnt screen frequency it will not show elsewhere?
Maybe you could verfiy it if's only my machine.

Hi..... I've never seen the Eddie's Super Jackpot.. It looks cool in the Red / Orange coloring.. I think the only Super Jackpot i see is Blue and is Grandpa's.. I will have to be more observant.. I have the Black & White premium but that should not matter.. I will keep an eye out for your concerns with the Red lines going through the Eddie's Super Jackpot the next time i play (If i can get to it).. I will also check if the Red lines effects Grandpa's Super Jackpot as well.

#9723 3 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Hi..... I've never seen the Eddie's Super Jackpot.. It looks cool in the Red / Orange coloring.. I think the only Super Jackpot i see is Blue and is Grandpa's.. I will have to be more observant.. I have the Black & White premium but that should not matter.. I will keep an eye out for your concerns with the Red lines going through the Eddie's Super Jackpot the next time i play (If i can get to it).. I will also check if the Red lines effects Grandpa's Super Jackpot as well.

It's only on eddies super jackpot. All others Jackpot videos are not affected. And the eddie jackpot is one i do not get that often.

#9724 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

It's only on eddies super jackpot. All others Jackpot videos are not affected. And the eddie jackpot is one i do not get that often.

Ok, i'll keep an eye out for it.... Just on Eddie's Super Jackpot.

#9725 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

That's neat. I've been thinking along the lines of maybe 3D printing Grandpa, if I can find a decent file on Thingiverse to mod/paint...keep forgetting to check.
For maybe 6 months after buying the pin, I hadn't even noticed Grandpa was missing. Then one day when I was installing some Titans I noticed the empty brackets. Hmmm...what goes there? Duh!

20210213_100451 (resized).jpg20210213_100451 (resized).jpg
#9726 3 years ago

I have a set of Webbed Premium/LE siderails (double button holes). They came off an LE and are black wrinkle. There is no mirror cardboard backing to them, just the siderails. Looking for $80 plus shipping. PM me if interested. otherwise I will list in the market tonight.

munsters (resized).jpgmunsters (resized).jpg
#9727 3 years ago

That did turn out good. Googling for a Grandpa Munster 3D file, I found this. Might print one today.

#9728 3 years ago

Hey..... has anyone here added the baby pinstadium to Grandpa's lower laboratory? Your suppose to be able to change it to any color with their pinstadium app.

20210213_151111 (resized).jpg20210213_151111 (resized).jpg
#9729 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

That did turn out good. Googling for a Grandpa Munster 3D file, I found this. Might print one today.
[quoted image]

Be fun to make

#9730 3 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Hey..... has anyone here added the baby pinstadium to Grandpa's lower laboratory? Your suppose to be able to change it to any color with their pinstadium app.
[quoted image]

Yes I have them.... very nice... sure light up the lower playfield

#9731 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Yes I have them.... very nice... sure light up the lower playfield

Yea... Do you feel there really worth $159... I like them a lot but i think that's just tooo much unless they go on sale..

#9732 3 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

I have a set of Webbed Premium/LE siderails (double button holes). They came off an LE and are black wrinkle. There is no mirror cardboard backing to them, just the siderails. Looking for $80 plus shipping. PM me if interested. otherwise I will list in the market tonight.
[quoted image]

PM sent

#9733 3 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Yea... Do you feel there really worth $159... I like them a lot but i think that's just tooo much unless they go on sale..

Pin Stadiums are pricy...but only player in the game really. I waited for a sale

#9734 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Pin Stadiums are pricy...but only player in the game really. I waited for a sale

Oh, good idea... I can wait... How much was the sale price?

#9735 3 years ago

Pin Stadiums in the lower playfield look very sharp

#9736 3 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Pin Stadiums in the lower playfield look very sharp

The Pro could really use some up top too. Such a sharp looking PF but barely lit. We typically play with the lights off at night and the PF is really dim compared to the other pins.

#9737 3 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Oh, good idea... I can wait... How much was the sale price?

I paid $159 for babys.... but $100 off the Fusions.. bought at same time

#9738 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

i guess this is intentional, a more or less good try to enhance the feeling of a rounded tv-tube with shadow effects.
I think it's visible in all match animations. But on some videos more visible than others.

I think there was some legit scoring bugs in multiplayer though. I can’t remember who pointed them out. Ideally those should be fixed.

#9739 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

sorry seen it one, you will never forget.[quoted image]

Well thanks haha. Never saw before, now see every time. Not big issue tho,,

#9740 3 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

(1) Your correct 100%... There is a left sided haze over a lot of the videos and its very distracting.... It has a perfectly cut half moon shape on the right side and fully covers over the rest of the video as from right to left.. At first i was thinking this is some sort of watermark for copyright protection

BM66 had identical problem. Was corrected w update. IDK about extra features, but polish code is definitely overdue.

Do I love this game? Yes. Do they need to finish it? Yes please!!!

#9741 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Be fun to make

Printed a Grandpa to replace my missing Grandpa plastic. Wifey is still playing around with the colors. Just slips over the metal brackets for the plastic.

#9742 3 years ago

Looks very good, so much better than those cheesy flat plastics they come with

#9743 3 years ago

Did some tests with photogrammetry and chose grandpa for it.
Well if you know what it should be, you can see some resemblence.

Grandpa_Munster (resized).JPGGrandpa_Munster (resized).JPG
#9744 3 years ago

Lol good going-Looks like the ghost of Elvis in the all white !!
-Get him made and painted cabal

#9745 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Did some tests with photogrammetry and chose grandpa for it.
Well if you know what it should be, you can see some resemblence.[quoted image]

So you used the 2D image on the left as the source and turned it into 3D?

#9746 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

So you used the 2D image on the left as the source and turned it into 3D?

no i have the figure. did about 90 Photos of it from all directions. Then a software stitches everything together to a 3D picture.
It all depends a little how much calculation power you put in, how many fotos you do with what resolution. The left side is the same as the right side only with textures, so it would look like painted. The results are not always the best, but in general it is still astounding that it works.

and yes i thought too it looks like some famous guy with nice haircut. Maybe it would look better painted.
did Herman and Lily now too, think they are a little better

Munsters (resized).JPGMunsters (resized).JPG
#9747 3 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Lol good going-Looks like the ghost of Elvis in the all white !!
-Get him made and painted cabal

Good goblings Scooby!! Its the Ghost of Elvis!! lol

#9748 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

no i have the figure. did about 90 Photos of it from all directions. Then a software stitches everything together to a 3D picture.

OK...that makes more sense.

#9749 3 years ago

Good job cabal--now you are really getting a set together !! Are you going to do more ??? I want a cool SPOT Dragon to put under my glass.

#9750 3 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Good job cabal--now you are really getting a set together !! Are you going to do more ??? I want a cool SPOT Dragon to put under my glass.

I would need a model for that, but thinking of it. How does spot look for real? in the series hes never seen in total. I guess a stegosaurus with a single row of backplates with a t-rex head?

Is_this_Spot (resized).JPGIs_this_Spot (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/195?hl=thunderbird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.