Topic Stats

• 9,630 posts
  • 464 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by v8torino
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,757 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Backglass Shot (resized).jpg
Backglass Shot (resized).jpg
Spot (resized).png
File_000 (6) (resized).jpeg
61eUOiKbejL._AC_SY355_ (resized).jpg
20201222_182850 (resized).jpg
20201223_124426 (resized).jpg
20210117_013438 (resized).jpg
48AF54F8-5238-4684-A911-A5E6D8252061 (resized).jpeg
0B616360-0333-405E-8838-31E7ECCFE1D8 (resized).jpeg
8dda877b6bd28ecf61fb41a01918cd2fbb446311.png (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7347 (resized).jpeg
c12e6350de6d34a3a45b3159eea146834f8d5e34 (resized).jpg
fd4a3ae08810c919b5db4a5c4a132c16fd7436a5 (resized).jpg

There are 9630 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 193.
#9551 16 days ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

since yours broke there you may get the warranty fix. Worth the question at least

Stern Pinball Flipper Service Kit Munsters Plastic #19. I requested at end of July 2020 - Stern sent the kit as a warranty item (and I am the second owner). Just had to send in a picture of the serial number and broken plastic.

#9552 16 days ago
Quoted from RANBOW:

This is actually what Im looking for....
[quoted image]

If you end up buying the entire plastic kit, I could use 'Grandpa' above the VUK, mine's missing. Shoot me a PM if interested.

#9553 16 days ago
Quoted from RANBOW:

Not exactly hd60609. here is my dilemma. Check out the break in this image.
[quoted image]

That shouldn´t be too hard to fix.
CA glue on the short end of the joint and then backed up underneath with an overlapping bit of plastic hot glued in place.

#9554 16 days ago

Mine is cracked too, I superglued it. But would like a replacement if available

#9555 16 days ago
Quoted from RANBOW:

This is actually what Im looking for....
[quoted image]

Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Stern is doing a last run soon. Might ask them. The metal bit there was added as protection since yours broke there you may get the warranty fix. Worth the question at least

Call Stern customer service. That is a warranty replacement part. Stern sent mine for free. I think you would get the same consideration if you call Stern.

#9556 15 days ago

Thank you all for the input and advice. Its great when we all support each other. I have splinted the original plastic via super gluing a strip of plastic to the underside. I have also contacted Stern via email and phone. (It took some effort via phone as they want to use email mostly for now) It appears that Stern is going to supply me with the repair kit needed. I also learned that this is not a part for sale from anyone and must come through them. Anyone else with this issue or issues like it should heed the advice of simply contacting them directly.

Thanks much and thank you all for making our hobby and pinball community a great thing to be a part of.

#9557 13 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Call Stern customer service. That is a warranty replacement part. Stern sent mine for free. I think you would get the same consideration if you call Stern.

I sent stern an email tues afternoon. Got a reply in 24 hours requesting serial# and address. No pics asked for, very quick and easy. I've had great luck on the very few things I've needed

#9558 13 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I sent stern an email tues afternoon. Got a reply in 24 hours requesting serial# and address. No pics asked for, very quick and easy. I've had great luck on the very few things I've needed

In bought my Munsters LE as the 2nd buyer. The first thing I did when I got home was to contact the late Chas, introduced myself and gave my serial number. I was treated in a first class way. Always.

#9559 13 days ago

Need to clean the mini playfield and plastic screen on my LE. Anybody done this and which is the easiest, remove from the top using the torx bolts(somewhat reluctant incase I damage it) or from underneath.

#9560 13 days ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

I can print and paint then if anyone would like one! I say $15 shipped sounds good
Please pm me if interested
I can also paint them gray or black for the B/W[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I can print & paint the post protector if anyone still needs one $15 shipped

#9561 13 days ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Need to clean the mini playfield and plastic screen on my LE. Anybody done this and which is the easiest, remove from the top using the allen bolts(somewhat reluctant incase I damage it) or from underneath.

Underneath for sure.... 4 nuts and a plug....drops right out. Don't mess with those torx screws....

#9562 13 days ago

Also gonna replace the rubber posts with sill

Quoted from JMCFAN:

Underneath for sure.... 4 nuts and a plug....drops right out. Don't mess with those torx screws....

Lifesaver. thanks.. I thought messing with those torx screws wouldn't be a good idea and where my machine is I'll need to move it to get the playfield up. Would rather do that than mess up the top playfield.

#9563 13 days ago

Looking to replace the rubber posts with premium cliffy post sleeves as some of the posts seems to have lost their bounce. Slightly hesitant incase it causes too much bounce and damage to plastics etc.. Anyone noticed this and went back to using std rubbers ?

#9564 13 days ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Also gonna replace the rubber posts with sill

Lifesaver. thanks.. I thought messing with those torx screws wouldn't be a good idea and where my machine is I'll need to move it to get the playfield up. Would rather do that than mess up the top playfield.

Once you remove that window its a bitch to get it level again as well...

#9565 13 days ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Once you remove that window its a bitch to get it level again as well...

No, it is not hard to get the window level. It is not hard at all.

Get something like a credit card, some sort of flat plastic. Cut into a trapezoid figure like an “A” with sharp points on both sides.

The window mounts on rubber o-rings for adjustability. Place the “A” on the window and slide it over the groove at the window/play field crossing. If your “A” catches the edge of the play field then the window is too low. Back the adjusting screw in the area back to raise the window. When you can slide the “A” from the window onto the play field then the window is high enough; Then you need to slide the “A” from the play field onto the window; If the “A” catches then the window is too high.

Try it. You’ll get the skill. It is not hard to do. Keep going around the window sliding that “A” back and forth and adjust accordingly.

#9566 13 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Get something like a credit card, some sort of flat plastic. Cut into a trapezoid figure like an “A” with sharp points on both sides.
The window mounts on rubber o-rings for adjustability. Place the “A” on the window and slide it over the groove at the window/play field crossing. If your “A” catches the edge of the play field then the window is too low. Back the adjusting screw in the area back to raise the window. When you can slide the “A” from the window onto the play field then the window is high enough; Then you need to slide the “A” from the play field onto the window; If the “A” catches then the window is too high.
Try it. You’ll get the skill. It is not hard to do. Keep going around the window sliding that “A” back and forth and adjust accordingly.

Yea I did it...twice... but dropping from underneath is MUCH easier....

#9567 13 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Ditto with what cotton said. While I don't have a Munster Prem, I did it on my AC/DC. It really is easy. I recall going side to side a couple times, sort of like torqueing nuts on a wheel or leveling a 3D printer build plate.

In the end, either way will work.

#9568 13 days ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Ditto with what cotton said. While I don't have a Munster Prem, I did it on my AC/DC. It really is easy. I recall going side to side a couple times, sort of like torqueing nuts on a wheel or leveling a 3D printer build plate.
In the end, either way will work.

I have read a few folks had the screw snap off..... or...they used a phillps driver ...and striped it... lol

#9569 13 days ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Need to clean the mini playfield and plastic screen on my LE. Anybody done this and which is the easiest, remove from the top using the torx bolts(somewhat reluctant incase I damage it) or from underneath.

I bought a new plastic from Pinball Life and my LE looks brand new. Around $60. Highly recommend.

#9570 13 days ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I have read a few folks had the screw snap off..... or...they used a phillps driver ...and striped it... lol

Thanks for the info, hadn't heard about the screw heads popping off.

The only reason I take off my AC/DC from the top is just so I don't have fool around with the wires. Plus I remember reading that lower PF is a bit of a PIA. When AC/DC first came out, you had to remove the lower PF - couldn't get to the plastic cover otherwise.

#9571 13 days ago

Screenshot_20210114-103618_Outlook (resized).jpg
#9572 13 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Mb, check your front door
[quoted image]

Just getting ready to PM you.

Thank you! And darn you! You didn't have to do that but much appreciated. If you ever need more, just holler.

Good people on this thread.

#9573 13 days ago

Wasn't much, just appreciate your help. These are very good balls, know quite a few who use. Bigger quanity, they are very reasonsble

#9574 13 days ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Yea I did it...twice... but dropping from underneath is MUCH easier....

Dropping the lower play field is much easier and quicker. I agree absolutely. I just wanted to clarify that adjusting the window is not a difficult affair.

#9575 12 days ago

Another “boosted” increase in posts results in a no new code letdown.

#9576 12 days ago

As a previous owner, I can personally vouch for removing the mini pf from below- really quite easy to do so.
Initially, I had been removing from up top; which all went well until somehow one of those darn tiny screws snapped in half when I was carefully unscrewing it.
It wasn’t easy getting the broken screw out of the wood.
Fun game and such a beautiful package.

#9577 12 days ago

wrong post

#9578 12 days ago
Quoted from JMK:

As a previous owner, I can personally vouch for removing the mini pf from below- really quite easy to do so.
Initially, I had been removing from up top; which all went well until somehow one of those darn tiny screws snapped in half when I was carefully unscrewing it.
It wasn’t easy getting the broken screw out of the wood.
Fun game and such a beautiful package.

Looks like the "from the bottom" guys have spoken!

#9579 12 days ago

Hi. Just got my Munsters premium yesterday. Anyone else having an issue when in grandpas laboratory I’ve gotten a ball on top of the right flipper. Had to pick the machine up to get it off the flipper. Happened twice.

#9580 12 days ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Hi. Just got my Munsters premium yesterday. Anyone else having an issue when in grandpas laboratory I’ve gotten a ball on top of the right flipper. Had to pick the machine up to get it off the flipper. Happened twice.

Yes. I had that problem and made a fix for it. It is way back in this thread somewhere. I'll have to go look for it.

#9581 12 days ago

Great - thank you!

#9582 12 days ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Great - thank you!

You can go look at my post #3584 but here are the pics that should help you out.

I'm guessing on what I think your problem is. I was having balls flying up to the top and landing on a flat piece of plastic, or having a ball get wedged between two pieces of plastic. Like this:

fd4a3ae08810c919b5db4a5c4a132c16fd7436a5 (resized).jpg

So, I made a couple of plastic dams to keep the ball on the play field. I did not spend much time making these and they look sloppy but they do the job and are not visible when I am playing .

c12e6350de6d34a3a45b3159eea146834f8d5e34 (resized).jpg

#9583 12 days ago

double post

#9584 12 days ago

My lower pf window has gotten cloudier over time. I wonder if this is because I put Novus 2 on the surface of the playfield. Should I stop doing that?

#9585 12 days ago
Quoted from BMonty:

My lower pf window has gotten cloudier over time. I wonder if this is because I put Novus 2 on the surface of the playfield. Should I stop doing that?

I use Novus 2 on mine and it doesn't seem to hurt it. I was wondering the same thing. I've found that when it gets cloudy, most of the grime is the bottom side from the mini play field. After cleaning both sides, mine cleans up pretty clear.

#9586 12 days ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

I use Novus 2 on mine and it doesn't seem to hurt it. I was wondering the same thing. I've found that when it gets cloudy, most of the grime is the bottom side from the mini play field. After cleaning both sides, mine cleans up pretty clear.

Ditto.. but I use Novus 1. I think its flipper dust... I good cleaning on both sides always cleans it up

#9587 12 days ago
Quoted from BMonty:

The window is plastic. Plastic is scratch resistant. Not scratch proof. They will lose their shiny with play. Your option is to buy a replacement. Novus 2 should not hurt you.

#9588 11 days ago

Setup a new Munsters yesterday - it shows perfectly level - but, having an issue with the ball getting hung up around the bumper to the left of the Marilyn ramp on occasion - anyone else having that issue - and if so any potential solution? Thanks!

IMG_7347 (resized).jpeg
#9589 11 days ago

Mine never hangs there. Make sure it's not hanging on the
Wire guide above it. If so just bend it up a bit.

#9590 11 days ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Setup a new Munsters yesterday - it shows perfectly level - but, having an issue with the ball getting hung up around the bumper to the left of the Marilyn ramp on occasion - anyone else having that issue - and if so any potential solution? Thanks!
[quoted image]

Mine too. Just adjust tilt bob. Works for me!

#9591 11 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Mine too. Just adjust tilt bob. Works for me!

Ugh - was hoping for a better solution / answer - considering the $$$ spent

#9592 11 days ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Mine never hangs there. Make sure it's not hanging on the
Wire guide above it. If so just bend it up a bit.

Thanks - I will check that out

#9593 11 days ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

[quoted image]

Obvious question, but need to ask...you do have a post here w/a 7/16" ring, right (I can't see it in your picture)? Did the ring slip up or down? Looks like the ring should be able to give it enough offset to let it roll to the right.

#9594 11 days ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Obvious question, but need to ask...you do have a post here w/a 7/16" ring, right? Did the ring slip up or down? Looks like the ring should be able to give it enough offset to let it roll to the right.
[quoted image]

I'll check this out now as well

#9595 11 days ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Me too!!!

#9596 11 days ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Here's mine. Post doesn't go thru the plastic.

#9597 11 days ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Obvious question, but need to ask...you do have a post here w/a 7/16" ring, right (I can't see it in your picture)? Did the ring slip up or down? Looks like the ring should be able to give it enough offset to let it roll to the right.
[quoted image]

Agree with you. That lower #6 post does not look like it has an o-ring in position.

8dda877b6bd28ecf61fb41a01918cd2fbb446311.png (resized).jpg

#9598 11 days ago

Mine looks like yours MB. I guess next time it happens I'll pay more attention. Has only happened 2 or 3 times so I thought just a design flaw, no biggie. Thx for pic

#9599 11 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Mine looks like yours MB. I guess next time it happens I'll pay more attention. Has only happened 2 or 3 times so I thought just a design flaw, no biggie. Thx for pic

Maybe Just try a bigger ring? I put Titans in mine right after I got it (used, routed), can't say I've ever had a ball get stuck there. I don't think I leveled the game tho. But looking at mine, I can't foresee a ball getting stuck there.

#9600 11 days ago

So here is mine. The o ring looks to be in the middle of the post. Is that correct?

0B616360-0333-405E-8838-31E7ECCFE1D8 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 9630 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 193.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside