IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 237.
#9501 3 years ago

I predict a 180 as more people realize that what was said about this game earlier...isn't reality. I certainly still have it as I had to ignore the hate club and really look at what "I" like about it. I believe if we never listened to all that crap, we would have felt very lucky to have bought one. (as I do now).

There are a bunch of games I personally don't care for, at all. I just don't feel a need to try to trash what is fun to someone else.

(and I think, for me.. it is a hard game to get a high score) so it has some depth in my world as it is.

#9502 3 years ago

Munsters rocks on so many levels. Definite keeper: still a family and friends favorite. Gets constant play and we’ve set the midnight madness mode to go off at 12 noon instead and that alone gets play often, right before lunch time.

#9503 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I just picked up a very nice pro a few days ago. Was scared to purchase because of typical pinside hate, I really like this one!! Very good fast flow, funny callouts and great sound affects. Hooked to a woofer really sounds great.

Congrats! Be sure to rate it. Every little bit helps.

#9504 3 years ago

Great time for people who don't own one to pick one up when they pop up for sale. One of my favorite games.

#9505 3 years ago

Munsters is a favorite in our home . My wife’s always afraid I’m going to trade it

#9506 3 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Munsters is a favorite in our home . My wife’s always afraid I’m going to trade it

Well lucky for her you can't give these away

#9507 3 years ago

Maybe its not the deepest but who cares? Its a blast to shoot and that's all I care. Plus I grew up in the 60s so was a watcher of the show. O did rate it fairly high

#9508 3 years ago

If I want deep I move over 2 feet to Xmen

#9509 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Man, played this game for about 2 hours solid a few nights ago....what a blast!!!! Always nice to revisit games that you haven't played in awhile. This game is such a keeper for me!!!!

When this covid stuff is behind us we totally need to hang sometime.

#9510 3 years ago

On our pro, spot is coming up but not registering the hits. No points or noise. Connections all look good. Any ideas? Thx

#9511 3 years ago

Check to see if the opto transmitter on right side of ramp has a lit red light. Then wiggle to see if it has broken off it's base. You can reattach but you need to beef up the Herman wire.

#9512 3 years ago

Yeah, the spot opto is the one that can short due to the bending wireform.

#9513 3 years ago

I used these from Marco.

PXL_20201207_204503435 (resized).jpgPXL_20201207_204503435 (resized).jpg
#9514 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Yeah, the spot opto is the one that can short due to the bending wireform.

Adding to C0unt's comment - there's a 3D print to help keep the rail from bending. The gent put the file up on Thingiverse. I printed one, works great. My opto had gotten busted due to the wireform bending. On the new one, I added a zip tie to keep the wires safe as an extra precaution.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9515 3 years ago

Thx for all the replies. Yup, the opto is broke next to wire and opto bracket is broken at base too so will have to order. As I have no source for a printer, can I buy a spacer as shown by mbwalker?

#9516 3 years ago

And does anyone have a pic of where it goes? Just picked this game up a few days ago, not real familiar with it yet .

#9517 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

And does anyone have a pic of where it goes? Just picked this game up a few days ago, not real familiar with it yet .

Yep, take a look at my post #7682 in this thread

#9518 3 years ago

Thanks

#9519 3 years ago

I need one of these . I would pay someone to make me one.

#9520 3 years ago

This is why I still look at pinside. If you can get past all the haters and children, people still help out with ideas and fixes. Like mbwalker. Thanks for the idea .

#9521 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

This is why I still look at pinside. If you can get past all the haters and children, people still help out with ideas and fixes. Like mbwalker. Thanks for the idea .

hope you find someone who can print it for you. There also some companies out there who could print it for you. This is pricier than maybe just sent material and postage to a fellow pinsider.
Have you found the part on thingiverse?
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4276887

also there is a clip for the opto:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4359221 done by oldpins:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/167#post-5638137

i would print it out if you were in germany (europe).

#9522 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

hope you find someone who can print it for you. There also some companies out there who could print it for you. This is pricier than maybe just sent material and postage to a fellow pinsider.
Have you found the part on thingiverse?
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4276887
also there is a clip for the opto:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4359221 done by oldpins:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/167#post-5638137
i would print it out if you were in germany (europe).

Ive got an idea thanks. I put it back together so I can play until opto gets here. The board has red light, but lens has small piece missing. Never messed with optic device before, so will it not work with outer shell of light broken? Pinball life board for $7.95 if anyone lookin

#9523 3 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I need one of these . I would pay someone to make me one.

I printed an extra. Let me find it. If I can't find it, I'll print you another. PM me with your address. Shipping should only be $4...

#9524 3 years ago

Thought I'd share some changes I made to our BW Prem. Hoping Who-Dey would enjoy these...

In the spirit of the black and white TV show, I changed out all colored GI for white. Then changed all the colored flasher domes to clear domes. Used the Stern art blades. Went with the clear version of the plastic protectors.
File_002 (1) (resized).jpegFile_002 (1) (resized).jpeg

Had some silver mirrored acrylics made to match the theme.
File_008 (resized).jpegFile_008 (resized).jpeg

Made a silver Dragula and 3d printed a BW starting light tree.
File_000 (4) (resized).jpegFile_000 (4) (resized).jpeg

Made some BW banister rails.
File_004 (1) (resized).jpegFile_004 (1) (resized).jpeg

Bought the BW Lily on ebay to get the BW clock. Cut it down and mounted it to the backboard.
File_001 (2) (resized).jpegFile_001 (2) (resized).jpeg

Made a Kitty Mod so my kids (and guests) know what to aim for.
File_002 (2) (resized).jpegFile_002 (2) (resized).jpeg

#9525 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Hey all, while installing an actual "Cliffy" in the Grandpa out-hole, I notice something a bit concerning/disappointing...the insert in front of the Spot ramp has dropped down a bit cracking the clear-coat leaving a small ridge...first time I have seen this happen...the insert next to it appears to be getting ready to do the same. I placed some mylar over it for the time being...anyone else seeing this?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I was just contacted by Stern concerning the above insert issue on my Munsters, they intend to send me a new populated playfield to exchange when the line opens up in April...really cool on Sterns part, that was unexpected...thumbs up to Stern!!

#9526 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I was just contacted by Stern concerning the above insert issue on my Munsters, they intend to send me a new populated playfield to exchange when the line opens up in April...really cool on Sterns part, that was unexpected...thumbs up to Stern!!

Are you required to return the old play field? It makes sense if Stern wants it back but I wanted to ask.

To send you a populated play field really says something good about Stern.

#9527 3 years ago

Yes, my Munsters was swapped and my dealer shipped back the old one. He was told Stern takes everything off it and reuses the parts.

#9528 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It is sad to think of how many people passed this game just based on the pinside BS.

There are so many facets to this... I’ve thought about it a bit. On the one hand, I think it’s an awesome game and want others to share my joy, so I’d prefer people to look past the BS and buy the game from Stern. On the other hand, it’s sort of cool that 10-20 years from now people might realize how great of a game it is and I will be one of the few with a minty LE that took the plunge. Not saying it will be a rare game or anything (it won’t be), but there certainly won’t be as many as JP, AIQ, or the other top selling titles. And that makes the club just slightly more elite I guess.

#9529 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Yes, my Munsters was swapped and my dealer shipped back the old one. He was told Stern takes everything off it and reuses the parts.

That makes economical sense. Since Stern is sending a replacement play field for free, it does not matter if the parts are used parts as long as they will only be used on replacement play fields. Use some new coil sleeves and why not?

#9530 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Are you required to return the old play field? It makes sense if Stern wants it back but I wanted to ask.
To send you a populated play field really says something good about Stern.

Yes, I have to return my old playfield...they are sending a box and packing for it with a shipping label. I wasn't sure what Stern was going to do about the damaged insert and I really had no expectations but sending a compete playfield was really awsome of them.

#9531 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

If I'm not mistaken, the original Grampa 'non-cliffy' is prone to wearing out. So are still going to replace?

#9532 3 years ago

from my experience so far even the cliffy is prone to wearing out. It takes a beating. I'm going to buy another from Cliffy for when mine breaks. I don't think the cliffy was related to his exchange tho and more the sinking inserts

#9533 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

If I'm not mistaken, the original Grampa 'non-cliffy' is prone to wearing out. So are still going to replace?

The original "Cliffy" that Stern installed did wear out...well, got bent up pretty bad (less than 600 plays), Stern sent me a second one but my playfield was delaminating around the Grandpa hole so I ordered the one from Cliff, his are a little larger, a bit more robust and covered up the delaminated area...so far, since installing Cliff's protector I have had no issues, less ball rejects when hitting the Grandpa scoop as well.

#9534 3 years ago

from my experience so far even the cliffy is prone to wearing out. It takes a beating. I'm going to buy another from Cliffy for when mine breaks. I don't think the cliffy was related to his exchange tho and more the sinking inserts

I wonder if there's something different about this VUK area than others. My AS Pro I sold maybe 6 months ago, that Stern protector looked like the day it was installed. That was a routed pin too.

#9535 3 years ago

There was some talk about the protectors a few pages back. My original broke in half, the stern replacement was splitting, and my first cliffy is already dented and showing signs of wear and bending in the same spot the stern one was breaking. I have maybe 200 plays on the cliffy. It will need to be replaced eventually. Not sure what could be causing it but it's not just my machine.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/188#post-5999294

#9536 3 years ago

There was some talk about the protectors a few pages back. My original broke in half, the stern replacement was splitting, and my first cliffy is already dented and showing signs of wear and bending in the same spot the stern one was breaking. I have maybe 200 plays on the cliffy. It will need to be replaced eventually. Not sure what could be causing it but it's not just my machine.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/188#post-5999294

Mine is hanging by a thread. I'll probably replace it with a piece of mylar or cut out a piece of .010 poly and double back tape it around the bare hole.

#9537 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Mine is hanging by a thread. I'll probably replace it with a piece of mylar or cut out a piece of .010 poly and double back tape it around the bare hole.

I have mylar under the cliffy. The original stern one bent in such a way that it chipped the clear.

#9538 3 years ago

I remember seeing that, and how odd looking it was being bent up. But still, I wonder what's so 'special' (in a bad way) with the Grandpa's VUK protector constantly get's so beat up in such a short order? Does it just have too much slop on the sides?

Taking a Snipit from you picture, that raised part - it seems like the vertical section of the protector in the hole is perhaps bending, resulting in the raised part up top?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9539 3 years ago

as far as I can tell it's not the top that is actually bending. It's the bent flaps that go down the sides. It looks like they are getting hit bad and bending out towards the wood which is causing the upward bend on the top. The flaps are the first thing to rip off the stern scoop protector. The Cliffy has an extra angle in it which is stronger but still bending. Eventually the Cliffy flap will likely start ripping as well. I think it's the shooting and not coming into the scoop that is causing the damage but there is not a lot of tweaking you can do on it.

#9540 3 years ago

Well I still hope new code comes out due to some remainding bugs... Most noted, when your in grandpa's laboratory... As the time winds all the way down on the digital timer and it "expires"..... Lilly's voice then says "Start The Machine" which makes no sense as there is no more time left and the balls have stopped appearing.

Anyone else have any bugs they would like to report. We should get a list started

#9541 3 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Well I still hope new code comes out due to some remainding bugs... Most noted, when your in grandpa's laboratory... As the time winds all the way down on the digital timer and it "expires"..... Lilly's voice then says "Start The Machine" which makes no sense as there is no more time left and the balls have stopped appearing.
Anyone else have any bugs they would like to report. We should get a list started

I've reported the bugs I've seen numerous times. No clue if anyone got them. Lots of issue with multiple players and grandpa on the pro. Being able to stack grandpa and spot on the pro for instance. Things like that.

#9542 3 years ago

I've reported the bugs I've seen numerous times. No clue if anyone got them. Lots of issue with multiple players and grandpa on the pro. Being able to stack grandpa and spot on the pro for instance. Things like that.

Ok, Thanks... Good to know.

#9543 3 years ago

Topper for sale 800 shipped USA

#9544 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Was overpriced at $400....good luck..

#9545 3 years ago

Help me out all you Musters fans. I have broken the Herman plastic and need to find that fix kit that was apparently available at some point. Where can I find one of these?

Stern Pinball Service Kit Munsters Plastic #19 Colored #502-7096-00

Many Thanks

#9547 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Sold

#9548 3 years ago

Not exactly @hd60609. here is my dilemma. Check out the break in this image.

broken must plast 19 (resized).jpgbroken must plast 19 (resized).jpg
#9549 3 years ago

This is actually what Im looking for....

Stern-Pinball-Flipper-Service-Kit-Munsters-Plastic-19 (resized).jpgStern-Pinball-Flipper-Service-Kit-Munsters-Plastic-19 (resized).jpg
#9550 3 years ago

Stern is doing a last run soon. Might ask them. The metal bit there was added as protection since yours broke there you may get the warranty fix. Worth the question at least

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/191 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.