Drag-U-La-From-The-Munsters-21.jpg
Drag-U-La-From-The-Munsters-19.jpg
Drag-U-La-From-The-Munsters-18.jpg
Drag-U-La-From-The-Munsters-17.jpg
Drag-U-La-From-The-Munsters-15.jpg
Drag-U-La-From-The-Munsters-16.jpg
Drag-U-La-From-The-Munsters-14.jpg
Drag-U-La-From-The-Munsters-12.jpg

There are 10,346 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 207.
#9451 11 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Whoa. $1200.00 ? Wow! GLWYS.

Yea..... nice topper...when it works..... I know a lot of the issues have been fixed... but $1200... 3x what it sold for new...

#9452 11 months ago

For 1200 you would think the ad would not have spelling errors. Maybe even include a bit more information and detailed pictures.

#9453 11 months ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

For 1200 you would think the ad would not have spelling errors. Maybe even include a bit more information and detailed pictures.

For $1200 should deliver...set it up....and buy you a beer.... lol

#9454 11 months ago

Crazy pinball prices never cease to amaze. Guess it’s supply and demand at work.

Same thing is going to happen for Munsters pinball machines, imo. Stellar shooting and looking machine, well loved franchise, fun playing + rarity = higher prices.

#9455 11 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Crazy pinball prices never cease to amaze. Guess it’s supply and demand at work.

yup... if it sells....good for him

#9456 11 months ago

My cheap ass wouldn’t pay $400 when the topper was available. If the topper gave me a BJ while playing then I might be interested in one.

#9457 11 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Same thing is going to happen for Munsters pinball machines, imo. Stellar shooting and looking machine, well loved franchise, fun playing + rarity = higher prices.

It all depends on supply...and demand. In your assumption demand will increase causing prices to rise.

Not saying it won’t, but we will see.

#9458 11 months ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

My cheap ass wouldn’t pay $400 when the topper was available. If the topper gave me a BJ while playing then I might be interested in one.

Yeah, really. Stern has made some wicked toppers lately, but even at MSRP I can't pull the trigger on any of them. How often do you look up there when playing? Somewhere slightly north of never. I just bought a SW comic art and might sell the R2D2 topper off it. It's cool, but...

#9459 11 months ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

For $1200 I'll give you my topper and a bj

#9460 11 months ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

It's nice to see that old fashioned negotiation and deal making is not dead.

#9461 11 months ago

Wow,it’s it that hard to believe someone would pay 1200.00 ,I did not buy my sor or Munster toppers to sell but when I saw sor topper for sale at 1500,00.I put mine up for 1200.00 and had many offers for it,so we will see what the market says about this one,we all know next year this time if stern does not make anymore this Will seem very fair and if nobody takes it than it is priced to high.

#9462 11 months ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I’m gonna pass.

#9463 11 months ago

I believe Mike at Pinballs.com in CT has a brand new Munsters Topper in stock for $750.

http://pinballstore.tripod.com/munsters-pinball-machine.html

20201214_095507 (resized).jpg

#9464 11 months ago

Did they ever do a b&w topper? I’m kinda digging my mates Premium while I have it on loan.

#9465 11 months ago

Topper sold for 700.00,fine with me,market spoke!

#9466 11 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Did they ever do a b&w topper?

Oddly, no. The one version you see that's colorized is all we got. At least it's pale colors.

#9467 11 months ago

Here's my alternative, paid around $100.00 AUD. Mounted acrylic sign on a custom timber frame. LED colours and modes are adjustable.

Munsters - Topper (resized).JPG
#9468 11 months ago

Some Munsters (& other games) parts for sale...

Parts - For Sale
New “New, Various parts. -Shooter Rod -Different color flipper rubbers -Mini-flipper rubbers used in Munsters lower playfield, Family guy upper playfield -Rubber posts SHipping in USA...”
32 days ago
Saukville, WI

#9469 11 months ago

Look what Santa has brought me

20201222_070715 (resized).jpg
#9470 11 months ago

I recently bought a used LE with topper. Can someone explain problems with their topper and is there a fix? After my second game, I noticed the clock would not stop spinning. Thanks!

#9471 11 months ago
Quoted from TUFLYF:

I recently bought a used LE with topper. Can someone explain problems with their topper and is there a fix? After my second game, I noticed the clock would not stop spinning. Thanks!

I can only say i have no issues with mine.. Some guy on youtube was complaining that the door didn't swing open a 100% everytime... Only like 85% and better... lol.. Give me a break guy! I couldn't stop laughing.... The door opens and works just fine.. It is code controlled.. The better the code.. The better it will perform.. So make sure your on the latest code 1.03.. And MAKE SURE you set the correct time and date in service menu... The raven pops out on the hour... It does not give any half hour times.. Hence the one hand.. Its just like the tv show.. You can make the clock hand keep spinning if you haven't started a game yet.. And just by hitting the right flipper button. Just enjoy it.. LE With Topper!! You made a great purchase. Welcome to the 1313 club.

#9472 11 months ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Look what Santa has brought me
[quoted image]

That's great!! You must have been on the nice list.. Happy holidays..

#9473 11 months ago
Quoted from TUFLYF:

Mine will not stop spinning, either. There is/are a switch in the bird house that needs adjusting. I had just got mine back together and installed from when I had to fix a factory issue with the lighting and did not fell like taking it down again.

You will need to remove the unit from your pin to work on it easily.

#9474 11 months ago

Huge code drop for just about every other new Stern but Munsters....seriously Stern, wtf

IMG_2143 (resized).JPG
#9475 11 months ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Huge code drop for just about every other new Stern but Munsters....seriously Stern, wtf

You beat me to it!! I was all excited seeing an "Enjoy Holiday Code" email from Stern to only read it and see we got SCROOOOGED!! No Munsters on the code list!!
20201222_195728 (resized).jpg

20201222_195706 (resized).jpg
#9476 11 months ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

You beat me to it!! I was all excited seeing an "Enjoy Holiday Code" email from Stern to only read it and see we got SCROOOOGED!! No Munsters on the code list!!

Dwight was busy coding a few other games on that list. Munsters will be lucky to be a GB - another year yet if lucky.

What stings is seeing a few other boutique games on the list getting code. Either sales were low OR Stern is treating Munsters like WOF!

Heck just some quick polish would hold people over for awhile.

Sorry folks!

Wait....maybe it is a New Years surprise!

#9477 11 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Dwight was busy coding a few other games on that list. Munsters will be lucky to be a GB - another year yet if lucky.
What stings is seeing a few other boutique games on the list getting code. Either sales were low OR Stern is treating Munsters like WOF!
Heck just some quick polish would hold people over for awhile.
Sorry folks!
Wait....maybe it is a New Years surprise!

Yeah, TMNT going on V 1.4 pretty much kills the whole “done at 1.0” argument from Dwight.

Oh, well. Gonna load up 1.01 on Stranger Things and check out the mini game.

#9478 11 months ago

Come on Dwight @xavery TMNT at 1.40 (now even upgraded again to 1.41) and Munsters, still at 1.0 (.03 for topper code doesn’t count)!?! Don’t you and Stern love Munsters as much as we do? Unbelievable: Can Crusher, IMDN, Star Wars all much older games than Munsters, get code love too, but none for Herman, Lilly, Grandpa, Marilyn and Eddie???

When will Munsters get the code love too??? Has Munsters become Sterns red headed step child?
9960F645-9E9C-4E0E-96BF-14DBFE558B70 (resized).png

“You’re done at 1.0” code argument doesn’t hold water. As you make all your old games come up to the standard of what we paid for, buying early knowing all machines will get more code love. (Like I do love TMNT at 1.41) Just take half (.20) of your TMNT enthusiasm and give it to Munsters, please!

#9479 11 months ago

Hi, is anyone else here having trouble with the ball hanging up on the pop bumper where the purple light is located?? My machine is perfectly level all directions its not that...

20201223_124426 (resized).jpg

#9480 11 months ago

Adjust the sensitivity of the pop bumper. I had to make that one really sensitive but no more hangups there.

#9481 11 months ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Adjust the sensitivity of the pop bumper. I had to make that one really sensitive but no more hangups there.

Ok, cool... What menu is it under... And what is name of the pop bumper in that location? And what sensitivity setting did you settle on.. Thnk you

#9482 11 months ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Ok, cool... What menu is it under... And what is name of the pop bumper in that location? And what sensitivity setting did you settle on.. Thnk you

You have to make a physical adjustment to the pop bumper's spoon switch under the playfield, unfortunately it's not as simple as a menu adjustment. The contact gap on the leaf switch that's part of the spoon switch assembly has moved too far apart. You'll need to adjust them so that they're closer.

#9483 11 months ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

You have to make a physical adjustment to the pop bumper's spoon switch under the playfield, unfortunately it's not as simple as a menu adjustment. The contact gap on the leaf switch that's part of the spoon switch assembly has moved too far apart. You'll need to adjust them so that they're closer.

Ok.. I will give that a try. Thank you.

#9484 11 months ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Ok.. I will give that a try. Thank you.

I assume you've lifted the playfield before to work on things. If not, I always remove the balls from the trough so they don't go spilling out of the trough and end up raining down on your playfield when you lift it. I also turn the power to my games off so that I don't accidentally short something out. This is a Jersey Jack pop bumper video, but it explains the switch adjustment well starting at about the 6 minute mark. Good luck!

#9485 11 months ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I assume you've lifted the playfield before to work on things. If not, I always remove the balls from the trough so they don't go spilling out of the trough and end up raining down on your playfield when you lift it. I also turn the power to my games off so that I don't accidentally short something out. This is a Jersey Jack pop bumper video, but it explains the switch adjustment well starting at about the 6 minute mark. Good luck!

WoW..... What a Great video! I ordered the alignment tool.. A few things to check.. Thank you so much! I should be all set now.

#9486 11 months ago

Just updated my TMNT and all I can say, is WOW! If Dwight gave some of the code love that TMNT has received, Munsters would become epic!

Dwight has really created with code a must have game with TMNT. It is really that good! The new Turtles in a half shell game is really almost another completely different pinball game, within the game itself. Dwight has really done some incredible things with TMNT. Now if we can get him to do the same with Munsters, this whole club will burst with enthusiasm, like I have for TMNT.

Big thanks to Dwight Xaqery on being such a great programmer. One of my favorites!

#9487 11 months ago

New Code or not.... The Munsters wish everyone to have a very Happy Holiday!!

20201224_181204 (resized).jpg

#9488 11 months ago

Hey all, while installing an actual "Cliffy" in the Grandpa out-hole, I notice something a bit concerning/disappointing...the insert in front of the Spot ramp has dropped down a bit cracking the clear-coat leaving a small ridge...first time I have seen this happen...the insert next to it appears to be getting ready to do the same. I placed some mylar over it for the time being...anyone else seeing this?

Mun Insert Both (resized).jpgMun Insert Close (resized).jpg
#9489 11 months ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

anyone else seeing this?

Not on Munsters, but my SW Comic Premium (October 2019 build). I started to see a little bit of this on a few inserts, but nothing got cracked like on your Munsters, I just noticed the slightest bit of "ghosting" and immediately investigated. It appeared that a few inserts were not glued into their pockets in the playfield securely, and were sinking or moving. I had some water thin Super Glue on hand from prior playfield restorations, so I put some of that in a syringe, and removed a lot of the light boards from under the playfield, and I injected that water thin super glue into the gaps between the insert and their pockets (making sure the inserts were as level as I could when I did it). This seems to have locked the problem inserts in place and there has been no additional signs of the inserts moving after almost a year.

Sucks that we have to do this with new machines. I got a BM66 and IMDN after the SW Comic Premium, and both those machines were recent builds(2019 & 2020), and they did not have this problem, so this seems like a spotty (but significant) problem from my experience.

#9490 11 months ago

I hope if new code does come out, they add something to make the ball release of herman multiball a bit more exciting. Now, you just hit the magnetized ball and it drops into play... no fanfare, no lights and no sound to suggest you just started a multiball.

I saw a video on FB this morning about some secret missions or something on munsters? What's that all about?

#9491 11 months ago
Quoted from d0n:

I hope if new code does come out, they add something to make the ball release of herman multiball a bit more exciting. Now, you just hit the magnetized ball and it drops into play... no fanfare, no lights and no sound to suggest you just started a multiball.
I saw a video on FB this morning about some secret missions or something on munsters? What's that all about?

yes it's the secret mania mode.
but it is almost true in the video:
you will need this sequence the B for Both is not needed.

S = Start Game
R = Right Flipper
L = Left Flipper

so it will be:
S LLLL R L R LLLL RR = Secret Mania

You start the game the Game with the Start Button = S
then press 4 times left
1 time right
1 time Left
1 time right
4 times left
2 times right

then you need to clear 1 time Grandpa mode, the second time you would start Grandpa mode it will start the secret mania mode.
Nice little mode that i start once in while. You can also start put in the secequence once you cleared grandpa mode once. It will still be triggered then on 2nd to start.

And don't forget the Midnight Mania mode that is triggered around midnight. Also a nice mode and best way to enter the new year.

#9492 11 months ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Hey all, while installing an actual "Cliffy" in the Grandpa out-hole, I notice something a bit concerning/disappointing...the insert in front of the Spot ramp has dropped down a bit cracking the clear-coat leaving a small ridge...first time I have seen this happen...the insert next to it appears to be getting ready to do the same. I placed some mylar over it for the time being...anyone else seeing this?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Rum-Z:

It appeared that a few inserts were not glued into their pockets in the playfield securely, and were sinking or moving.

I don't know, but would imagine that inserts are installed manually and not by machine. Factor in the human element, maybe a newhire on the assembly line, and you wind up with a lousy glue job.

#9493 11 months ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Contact Stern and see what they will do as this is on a LE machine

#9494 11 months ago

Here's a cheap, fairly quick mod you can do... add a light by the entrance and exit of the backboard. I put green bulbs in mine because i think it's probably very toxic in there!

I tried the code for the secret mania mode but didn't get it to work. The DMD did say "welcome to the munsters" right after the button sequence was entered. I had never seen that before. I guess I don't know how to start grandpa twice. How do you do that.

IMG_20201227_155227 (resized).jpgIMG_20201227_155232 (resized).jpg
#9495 11 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Contact Stern and see what they will do as this is on a LE machine

Yep, that's the plan.

#9496 11 months ago
Quoted from d0n:

Here's a cheap, fairly quick mod you can do... add a light by the entrance and exit of the backboard. I put green bulbs in mine because i think it's probably very toxic in there!
I tried the code for the secret mania mode but didn't get it to work. The DMD did say "welcome to the munsters" right after the button sequence was entered. I had never seen that before. I guess I don't know how to start grandpa twice. How do you do that.

do you have pro or prem/le?

i do only know it for the pro version. Look here in post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/155#post-5594167

#9497 11 months ago
Quoted from d0n:

Here's a Tip..... When i added the backlights i strategically placed black duct tape on the backside of the rails to block the distracting light bleed that was shooting out of the left and right corners.. It really worked out great.. Just look at the nice clean (light bleed free) corners i have.

20201228_134803 (resized).jpg20201228_134815 (resized).jpg

#9498 11 months ago

Man, played this game for about 2 hours solid a few nights ago....what a blast!!!! Always nice to revisit games that you haven't played in awhile. This game is such a keeper for me!!!!

#9499 11 months ago

I just picked up a very nice pro a few days ago. Was scared to purchase because of typical pinside hate, I really like this one!! Very good fast flow, funny callouts and great sound affects. Hooked to a woofer really sounds great.

#9500 11 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I just picked up a very nice pro a few days ago. Was scared to purchase because of typical pinside hate, I really like this one!! Very good fast flow, funny callouts and great sound affects. Hooked to a woofer really sounds great.

It is sad to think of how many people passed this game just based on the pinside BS.

There are 10,346 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 207.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside