Is_this_Spot (resized).JPG
Munsters (resized).JPG
Grandpa_Munster (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
20210213_151111 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
munsters (resized).jpg
20210213_100451 (resized).jpg

There are 9871 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 198.
#9401 4 months ago
Quoted from Snotdoc:

Who are the best distributers to go through in general? Ours here in OKC will only sell for $2500-$3000 above anyone else price I have seen. They call it “white glove” service for setup and a 2 year warranty. I think thats latex glove service without the lube. Im new to trying to acquire a pinball machine and it seems covid has made that difficult.

Wow, yeah find a new distributor. The one I just went with for a guardians purchase offers in home warranty service and provides discounts to any price you see online although the discounts are not as big as they once were. I can second Trent at Tilt and they ship all over the us. One of my local distributer works thru tilt and I got my ST through that process.

#9402 4 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

JJP at game exchange
Zach at Flip n Out
Trent at Tilt amusements

I second JJ at GEX - great customer service

#9403 4 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

The sad part is the everything about game is cool - except the fair/unfair code reviews which I think did it in.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Sad to hear and very glad I snagged mine.
Such a fun game.

More than once in this thread someone has come on saying they had "concerns" about Munsters because of all the code trash that is being shoveled around on pinside and then they get to step up to a Munsters are are pleasantly surprised that it is a nice playing pin---a nice playing pin as it currently stands.

Witness all of the trash that was heaped on Munsters over at the "worst code ever" thread. Hey, if a product is trash I will squeal like a pig stuck under a gate. Munsters is not trash but all of the negative waves sure did not help anything.

With Covid and 2020, Stern probably said "Why fight this anymore?"

I'm guessing that if you do not already have a Munsters topper then you probably missed your chance.

#9404 4 months ago

To anyone interested in modding the Premium Black & White edition but find the mods color is more brown toned for the colored versions look no further. I use the Angelus Metalic Pewter and Black to color match my mods to my Premium Black & White edition and so far the results are very good. Below is a before and after images of the 1313 Lampost and 1313 door knocker (Which, IMO, looks 100x better to the left of the coin slots by itself than on the shooter rod housing).

20201209_142928 (resized).jpg20201209_151749 (resized).jpg20201209_152742 (resized).jpg20201209_152811 (resized).jpg

20201209_154143 (resized).jpg

20201209_151841 (resized).jpg

#9405 4 months ago

Wow. I knew sales were bad but this is the first time I know of that Stern has discontinued a title without a “last call” to dealers. The original Premium is the best - congrats to owners.

It’s a crime how Stern treated this game. Sorry for those that wanted to see the code improved or were convinced that the rumors were true.

#9406 4 months ago

I've got my B&W Premium. I'm happy.
No topper, but such is life....

#9407 4 months ago

Could someone here with a "Limited Edition model" go into the service menu, then utilities, then volume, and then scroll to backbox speaker 4ohm or 8ohm, and then scroll to cabinet speaker 4ohm or 8ohm and tell me what the defaults are....... I installed the 5.25" Kenwood Limited Edition speakers and there 4ohm, but my default setting was 8ohm, same for the subwoofer.. It was set to 8ohm by default.. My replacement subwoofer is 4ohm as well.. I'm just wondering if 8ohm is the default regardless of installed speaker. Tnx

#9408 4 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

More than once in this thread someone has come on saying they had "concerns" about Munsters because of all the code trash that is being shoveled around on pinside and then they get to step up to a Munsters are are pleasantly surprised that it is a nice playing pin---a nice playing pin as it currently stands.
Witness all of the trash that was heaped on Munsters over at the "worst code ever" thread. Hey, if a product is trash I will squeal like a pig stuck under a gate. Munsters is not trash but all of the negative waves sure did not help anything.
With Covid and 2020, Stern probably said "Why fight this anymore?"
I'm guessing that if you do not already have a Munsters topper then you probably missed your chance.

Completely agree, and so glad I got the topper, having a chance to work with the (then) design team on it to get it mostly behaving. The code update for minor bugs was never a rumor, it was stated several times to me from Mark (no longer there). I think the "fantasy code " was the rumor stuff.

This machine is just such a good fit for me on many levels...Stern brought something out that hadn't been seen in it's form MECHANICALLY - killer lower playfield. I believe many players just aren't into that sort of game feature, and it just became the whipping child of Pinside.

I believe COVID had alot to do with it personally. They are trying to crank out new games, and probably sold enough Munsters to meet whatever mark the bean counters needed.

Will be fun to see when they really aren't around anymore how it's perceived.....nah, I really could care less....love mine

#9409 4 months ago

I think the perception will change majorly and Munsters will become a highly sought after collection piece, just like POTC for JJP became, after they stopped production without warning.

Do feel for John Borg as this was a dream theme for him and he put his heart and soul into Munsters. Munsters is a very good game just like it is, but it could have been so much more with just a little more in show material. Heard at TPF, John got down on one knee and proposed to Pat, aka Marilyn. Her reply was: “so you like older woman do you?” Such a cute response and what a great show Munsters is and was.

#9410 4 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

JJP at game exchange
Zach at Flip n Out
Trent at Tilt amusements

I can second Zack at Flip n Out.

Great guy.

#9411 4 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I think the perception will change majorly and Munsters will become a highly sought after collection piece

The dynamics that may have made this possible are pretty much gone. There are fewer and fewer true collectors and those that enjoy and appreciate games from different pinball generations. These days it’s all about what’s new or what’s hot, not what could become a classic collectible.

Munsters was and will continue to be a niche game with a (declining) niche market of those who know and appreciate Munsters and love pinball. Yes, there are a few Munsters owners that didn’t know much about the show, but they are the exception, not the rule. The idea that more approachable, simpler code would help on location flopped and the 20-30 somethings this was supposed to draw had no idea what Munsters was. Lose-Lose.

I held out hope for well over a year that Stern would show some love to a game I was originally so excited about. A beautiful, great shooting game that would fit in my collection so many ways. For me, it’s now sadly in the “what could have been” category.

I don’t see anything that will drive Munsters to “highly collectible” status as there aren’t going to be that many new people coming into the hobby that know or care about Munsters. Great condition B/W Premiums will hold their value more than the other three models and appeal to some collectors but I think for the most part Munsters will be all but forgotten by anyone but long-term owners/fans in a few years.

#9412 4 months ago

Hahaha. Munsters Midnight Madness Mode. I thought my machine had gone on the fritz! I was "this" close to power cycling it! So fun!

#9413 4 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

The dynamics that may have made this possible are pretty much gone. There are fewer and fewer true collectors and those that enjoy and appreciate games from different pinball generations. These days it’s all about what’s new or what’s hot, not what could become a classic collectible.
Munsters was and will continue to be a niche game with a (declining) niche market of those who know and appreciate Munsters and love pinball. Yes, there are a few Munsters owners that didn’t know much about the show, but they are the exception, not the rule. The idea that more approachable, simpler code would help on location flopped and the 20-30 somethings this was supposed to draw had no idea what Munsters was. Lose-Lose.
I held out hope for well over a year that Stern would show some love to a game I was originally so excited about. A beautiful, great shooting game that would fit in my collection so many ways. For me, it’s now sadly in the “what could have been” category.
I don’t see anything that will drive Munsters to “highly collectible” status as there aren’t going to be that many new people coming into the hobby that know or care about Munsters. Great condition B/W Premiums will hold their value more than the other three models and appeal to some collectors but I think for the most part Munsters will be all but forgotten by anyone but long-term owners/fans in a few years.

Yeah collectible (valuable) vs rarity are totally different.

You are probably correct here- Munsters will be more in the rarity column.

#9414 4 months ago

This has been addressed a bunch of times...I think I will bring it out again.

As stated...This IS a "members only!" club. jfh, I'm sry we couldn't convince you that we like munsters enough that we have our own club..As to that point that "you" wouldn't buy it as is. The club has given you a lot of leeway in your "hoping.. but" comments since it has been available to purchase.

I have no dislike for you, yet because of the club rule and our giving you a platform since the start...(and actually understanding your concerns)...it really hasn't helped our opinion of those who do enjoy it.
Without offense;
I think it may be time for you to move along, as with your past comments, and latest comment, you don't intend to purchase. No harm meant, just would like to see this club be more toward positive to those that "are" happy with their purchase and see others that fell the same.
I think that was the point of the club, (members only!) helps in avoiding that.
Munsters worse code ever thread is for those who don't like it...really not here.
Kinda getting tired of the (what if..) but it isn't.
acknowledging that issues are part of the owners to discuss as needed.

Then again who in in hell am I to say!!
I love beer.

#9415 4 months ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

As stated...This IS a "members only!" club. jfh, I'm sry we couldn't convince you that we like munsters enough that we have our own club..As to that point that "you" wouldn't buy it as is. The club has given you a lot of leeway in your "hoping.. but" comments since it has been available to purchase.
I have no dislike for you, yet because of the club rule and our giving you a platform since the start...(and actually understanding your concerns)...it really hasn't helped our opinion of those who do enjoy it.
Without offense:

I don’t understand “it really hasn’t helped our opinion of those who do enjoy it”. But that doesn’t matter.

The thread is about the game. It’s possible to like or even love a game without currently owning it. Love isn’t always unconditional. I’ve been collecting for over twenty years and have learned to appreciate the different reasons people have for why their collection is what it is. What matters most is what matters to the individual collector. I don’t need to be convinced that most, if not all, owners like the game - I don’t know many people that own games they don’t like for one reason or another.

This forum is for owners, former owners and those that are fans of the game. I will always be in two of those three groups. While I haven’t ruled out getting a B/W Premium I’ll admit it’s far more unlikely now that it’s clear that no more will be produced (I’m generally a NIB guy for newer games, though I’d make an exception for Munsters and if I had unlimited space and funds, I’d have a Premium today).

As for Munsters, cpr9999 made the primary point I was trying to make far more succinctly - collectibility does not always equate with rarity. If there are those that believe it does in this case, I’d love to understand why.

And no offense taken - I like beer too!

#9416 4 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t understand “it really hasn’t helped our opinion of those who do enjoy it”. But that doesn’t matter.
The thread is about the game. It’s possible to like or even love a game without currently owning it. Love isn’t always unconditional. I’ve been collecting for over twenty years and have learned to appreciate the different reasons people have for why their collection is what it is. What matters most is what matters to the individual collector. I don’t need to be convinced that most, if not all, owners like the game - I don’t know many people that own games they don’t like for one reason or another.
This forum is for owners, former owners and those that are fans of the game. I will always be in two of those three groups. While I haven’t ruled out getting a B/W Premium I’ll admit it’s far more unlikely now that it’s clear that no more will be produced (I’m generally a NIB guy for newer games, though I’d make an exception for Munsters and if I had unlimited space and funds, I’d have a Premium today).
As for Munsters, cpr9999 made the primary point I was trying to make far more succinctly - collectibility does not always equate with rarity. If there are those that believe it does in this case, I’d love to understand why.
And no offense taken - I like beer too!

Let's just be honest....you know you will have (or already own) a premium at some point. My LE still smokes them all, lol. Beautiful game..... If you owned 1 game I'd say no way...but in a mixed lineup, it really is a great change of pace. You don't need Valinor on every title....

#9417 4 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t see anything that will drive Munsters to “highly collectible” status as there aren’t going to be that many new people coming into the hobby that know or care about Munsters.

Completely disagree on this one, as Munsters has all the elements it takes to become a sought after rare collectors machine. To this day Munsters still has a very active fan base around the world of millions of people. Munsters is the classic universal monsters that continue to be an evergreen property for Universal.

There are many people who sat on the sidelines, including yourself that were planning to buy and still want one. Make no mistake Munsters will continue (now even more so) to be a demand product, with all the people that know and love Munsters. It has been rerun and is still in syndication around the world. There is not a lesser amount of people that know the Munsters, as parents introduce their children to the series too. Munsters has been so popular they’ve rebooted it several times and even recently thought of rebooting it again.

Code is plenty deep for any collection, take a good look at the rule sheet at Tilt.com. I know I’d like more show material and just may use PB to accomplish that, lol.

Best feature of Munsters: it is flat out a blast to play and never gets old, with all there is to shoot and accomplish. Yes, level 2 and 3 do have elements of the first level, but honestly, what game in pinball doesn’t do the same?

Just hearing Gary talk about how expensive some machines are to make and continued smaller runs just don’t make sense for Stern to continue making. Think this is a major reason for discontinuing Munsters with a complete lower pinball playfield. Heard it is quite expensive to make, with a great deal more hand labor involved, over most other feature mechs made. Think about it, Stern has to make a second complete pinball machine for each Munsters premium. Very labor and parts intensive.

The lower playfield alone is worth having for any pinball enthusiast. Being in manufacturing I understand why Munsters is being discontinued and code has little to do with it. If they wanted, doing additional code is not difficult. The BOM for Munsters is higher than most machines and smaller runs which typically happen after any machines initial release no longer are viable for Munsters. Plus with 4 flipper holes on the cabinet, takes it out of the general rotation of parts.

I’m happy to have a copy, as most all of my fellow club members feel too. Great fun game with most unique experience in all of pinball, having multiball on upper and lower PFs at the same time.

#9418 4 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

If you owned 1 game I'd say no way...but in a mixed lineup, it really is a great change of pace.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Completely disagree on this one, as Munsters has all the elements it takes to become a sought after rare collectors machine.

Quoted from jfh:

Yes, there are a few Munsters owners that didn’t know much about the show,

My wife really likes this game (translation - my supportive but not fanatical about pinballs like me spouse "really likes this game" which has led to more understanding about me getting more games ). We have the B&W premium which was what she wanted. We got the topper which she likes a lot (and has previously been skeptical of getting toppers). We play it together a lot. Rules easy to understand, shots are smooth, call outs funny, soundtrack great and it is truly a total work of art.

In short, she likes it, I like it and guests like it for all the reasons above. Just like Getaway HS2, which is still a favorite in my game room and in many other game rooms (but with far more content and shots to make).

Would I like more content or some deeper rules further in the game - absolutely, but in large part because we play it a lot, so who wouldn't want more of a good thing? But I would not change the approach-ability of the game.

I think it will last in the collection a long time (maybe as long as I have a collection) because it is a fun, completely integrated theme that transcends first hand knowledge of the tv series. You do not need to know about the show to understand Frankenstein, vampires, werewolves, a dragon under the stairs, a kitten that roars. The comedy is wholesome and the whole family can play. And if other owners like me are not selling (this thread says yes, that is the case), they will be sought after and Stern will have a new vault series in a few years.

#9419 4 months ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

My wife really likes this game (translation - my supportive but not fanatical about pinballs like me spouse "really likes this game" which has led to more understanding about me getting more games ). We have the B&W premium which was what she wanted. We got the topper which she likes a lot (and has previously been skeptical of getting toppers). We play it together a lot. Rules easy to understand, shots are smooth, call outs funny, soundtrack great and it is truly a total work of art.
In short, she likes it, I like it and guests like it for all the reasons above. Just like Getaway HS2, which is still a favorite in my game room and in many other game rooms (but with far more content and shots to make).
Would I like more content or some deeper rules further in the game - absolutely, but in large part because we play it a lot, so who wouldn't want more of a good thing? But I would not change the approach-ability of the game.
I think it will last in the collection a long time (maybe as long as I have a collection) because it is a fun, completely integrated theme that transcends first hand knowledge of the tv series. You do not need to know about the show to understand Frankenstein, vampires, werewolves, a dragon under the stairs, a kitten that roars. The comedy is wholesome and the whole family can play. And if other owners like me are not selling (this thread says yes, that is the case), they will be sought after and Stern will have a new vault series in a few years.

I’m not selling and my wife too loves Munsters and could care less about all our other great games. She remarks all the time that Munsters is our best looking and playing game.

#9420 4 months ago

I've got my B&W premium with a 100% working topper and it's not going anywhere. Haters gonna hate... and I don't give a rats.

#9421 4 months ago

Munsters premium B&W is here to stay as well. Or till our daughter moves out and takes it with her! She went to Expo with me last year and loved the game, so we bought one. Now she thinks it’s hers. 10 years old and already know what she wants.

#9422 4 months ago

The plastic in front of my Herman broke today! Huge crack in it. Anyone else have this happen?

16076460229728699169955294003638 (resized).jpg
#9423 4 months ago
Quoted from gac:

I've got my B&W premium with a 100% working topper and it's not going anywhere. Haters gonna hate... and I don't give a rats.

Same here (B & W premium) and my topper works 100% perfect every time. I couldn't be anymore satisfied with the purchase. Plus all of my friends and family just love playing it. The way the raven topper taunts the player is simply Priceless!!

#9424 4 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Munsters has all the elements it takes to become a sought after rare collectors machine.

The only known production number is that 600 LEs were produced. Beyond that, any projections for rarity and numbers sold are Stern's private company private information.

Will it be sought after? Perhaps. Perhaps not. My crystal ball is cloudy on this.

It has all of the elements to be a great pin but there is a faction who always going to be clinging to the, " They did not improve the code." And that comes from people here who are owners as well as over on the "worst code ever" thread.

Maybe it will be like a political leader who everybody hates today, but 20 years down the road he is lauded as hero.

I just think it is sad that such a great game got so much hate from so many for some of the most minor items.

#9425 4 months ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Could someone here with a "Limited Edition model" go into the service menu, then utilities, then volume, and then scroll to backbox speaker 4ohm or 8ohm, and then scroll to cabinet speaker 4ohm or 8ohm and tell me what the defaults are....... I installed the 5.25" Kenwood Limited Edition speakers and there 4ohm, but my default setting was 8ohm, same for the subwoofer.. It was set to 8ohm by default.. My replacement subwoofer is 4ohm as well.. I'm just wondering if 8ohm is the default regardless of installed speaker. Tnx

Yes, 8 OHM is (DEFAULT)
High/low shelf (DEF)
250 HZ (DEFAULT)
+6 DB backbox bass gain
4 KHZ backbox treble Frequency
+3 DB backbox treble gain
250 HZ cabinet bass freq
+6 repeats same numbers
+4
+3

#9426 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Yes, 8 OHM is (DEFAULT)
High/low shelf (DEF)
250 HZ (DEFAULT)
+6 DB backbox bass gain
4 KHZ backbox treble Frequency
+3 DB backbox treble gain
250 HZ cabinet bass freq
+6 repeats same numbers
+4
+3

Thank you!!

Just for reference... After I upgraded my Premium B&W to the 5.25" LE Kenwood speakers I was not sure on the ohms setting as the 5.25" LE Kenwood speakers are rated at 4ohms but the setting from the factory is 8ohms (exactly the same as the 4" Premium B&W speakers I replaced). Somewhere it was noted that the backbox speakers were wired in parallel. So i'm guessing the 8ohm stock setting makes up for that. I did switch it to 4ohms and it sounded awful and I lost about 30% volume.

#9427 4 months ago

At some point these pins will be completely jailbroken and custom toolkits and code will
Be deployable (I’m not talking pinbrowser. I mean the whole shebang).

When that happens I imagine a lot of pins will get new life similar to what’s happening to Revenge From Mars right now.

It’s only a matter of time. At that point someone will make Munsters be everything it could have been.

In the meantime. I’m happy with what I got and it’s not going anywhere.

#9428 4 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Just hearing Gary talk about how expensive some machines are to make and continued smaller runs just don’t make sense for Stern to continue making. Think this is a major reason for discontinuing Munsters with a complete lower pinball playfield. Heard it is quite expensive to make, with a great deal more hand labor involved, over most other feature mechs made. Think about it, Stern has to make a second complete pinball machine for each Munsters premium. Very labor and parts intensive.

The lower playfield alone is worth having for any pinball enthusiast. Being in manufacturing I understand why Munsters is being discontinued and code has little to do with it. If they wanted, doing additional code is not difficult. The BOM for Munsters is higher than most machines and smaller runs which typically happen after any machines initial release no longer are viable for Munsters.

I can see your other points but the idea that it’s not lack of demand but cost of production (especially the lower PF) that may be responsible for a shorter life cycle is interesting. Why do you think the BOM is higher? John had noted that a number of items were cut from the game to get the BOM to where it needed to be and there was no indication that the BOM was out of line to the numbers needed for profitability. I’m sure the lower PF was more labor intensive than most/all other sub assemblies but that seems to be reflected in the parts pricing.

I can certainly understand the smaller run issue but why not try to increase the size by doing “last call”? Or maybe there was a last call and I missed it.

We will probably never know why production was discontinued but the BOM argument doesn’t seem as likely as the demand one (else why a colored premium run unless done simply to use what would otherwise be excess part inventory?).

I never understood the reason for a colored premium in the first place. The original is so damn gorgeous and the B/W is perfect for the theme.

#9429 4 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

I can see your other points but the idea that it’s not lack of demand but cost of production (especially the lower PF) that may be responsible for a shorter life cycle is interesting. Why do you think the BOM is higher? John had noted that a number of items were cut from the game to get the BOM to where it needed to be and there was no indication that the BOM was out of line to the numbers needed for profitability. I’m sure the lower PF was more labor intensive than most/all other sub assemblies but that seems to be reflected in the parts pricing.
I can certainly understand the smaller run issue but why not try to increase the size by doing “last call”? Or maybe there was a last call and I missed it.
We will probably never know why production was discontinued but the BOM argument doesn’t seem as likely as the demand one (else why a colored premium run unless done simply to use what would otherwise be excess part inventory?).
I never understood the reason for a colored premium in the first place. The original is so damn gorgeous and the B/W is perfect for the theme.

Down the road, small runs may be a BOM issue.

But certainly Stern was not thinking about that issue over the last year - sales are driving factor. If they had sales volume they would produce now.

#9430 4 months ago

I am think about selling my 100% working topper,I hate to do this but what would you ask for it?

#9431 4 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Really think this pandemic has changed parts and labor cost considerably. What was feasible 2 years ago when Munsters was first released, has shifted significantly. Sales are not always a driving factor, just look at POTC to understand that one.

Demand for POTC is clearly still there, just as it is for Munsters. Both have fan bases that sat on sidelines upset about code or pulling of toys (more code - opening chest - moving 3 rings). All ready to jump in, once those elements were enhanced, then suddenly production stopped before they could buy. Neither one are sales issues, rather both are BOM issues for smaller runs, from my understanding. Easier to stop production. In manufacturing, I’ve been faced with same issues numerous times and chose to stop production. Sales were still good, but other factors changed down the road enough to favor ending production.

John and others said directly to me that sales for Munsters were very good and Stern was happy with them. So that leaves BOM issues for smaller runs, changing with parts and labor costs increasing on a very unique double playfield machine. Just because one full PF is smaller, doesn’t mean labor costs or parts costs are lesser by that much, compared to the upper PF. Sure other lower PFs have been made, but never to the extent of grandpas lab. Where you could literally take it out and have a fully working stand alone mini pinball desktop machine by itself. What a main toy!

#9432 4 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Really think this pandemic has changed parts and labor cost considerably. What was feasible 2 years ago when Munsters was first released, has shifted significantly. Sales are not always a driving factor, just look at POTC to understand that one.
Demand for POTC is clearly still there, just as it is for Munsters. Both have fan bases that sat on sidelines upset about code or pulling of toys (more code - opening chest - moving 3 rings). All ready to jump in, once those elements were enhanced, then suddenly production stopped before they could buy. Neither one are sales issues, rather both are BOM issues for smaller runs, from my understanding. Easier to stop production. In manufacturing, I’ve been faced with same issues numerous times and chose to stop production. Sales were still good, but other factors changed down the road enough to favor ending production.
John and others said directly to me that sales for Munsters were very good and Stern was happy with them. So that leaves BOM issues for smaller runs, changing with parts and labor costs increasing on a very unique double playfield machine. Just because one full PF is smaller, doesn’t mean labor costs or parts cost are lesser by that much, compared to the upper PF. Sure other lower PFs have been made, but never to the extent of grandpas lab. Where you could literally take it out and have a fully working stand alone mini pinball desktop machine by itself. What a main toy!

Thanks for the insight. Did not consider pandemic related cost increases.

#9433 4 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Appreciate your input over time, sure wish it would have been different for Munsters and believe Stern does too. Such a great machine and franchise. Glad I got one sitting next to Batman, which compliment each other, in fun ways.

#9434 4 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not only possible cost increases. I'm willing to bet procuring parts is a huge challenge when a lot of shops are closed, shut down, or working with a limited crew. Lead-times are probably stretched to the max.

#9435 4 months ago

Just installed some Pinstadiums on my Munsters. Or as they say in New England, Munstahs.

edit: Doesn't look great in the downrez'ed forum post. Click on the photo or right click and "open image in new tab" to make it look better.

munsters pinstadium.jpg

#9436 4 months ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Just installed some Pinstadiums on my Munsters. Or as they say in New England, Munstahs.
[quoted image]

I have upper and lower on my game. It was done by the previous owner.

#9437 4 months ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I have upper and lower on my game. It was done by the previous owner.

Nice. Have any pics? This is what got me hooked on Pinstadiums. Bought a used Avengers Infinity Quest, it had Omegas installed, now I'm selling blood to get them on all my games (except the EMs).

#9438 4 months ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

edit: Doesn't look great in the downrez'ed forum post. Click on the photo or right click and "open image in new tab" to make it look better.
[quoted image]

That's beautiful. I would like to have a couple of sets of these but still working on the price in my head.

#9439 4 months ago

End of run does not preclude a later code update, especially from Dwight. See Ghostbusters as an example. Not saying it will happen but I don't think you can rule it out, either.

This is not a game that you can expect to be vaulted. As Thunderbird mentioned it will only become more expensive to manufacture down the road thanks to that lower playfield. They are far more likely to vault Star Wars, Guardians, Deadpool, and Jurassic Park down the road when they are out of production.

#9440 4 months ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

End of run does not preclude a later code update, especially from Dwight. See Ghostbusters as an example. Not saying it will happen but I don't think you can rule it out, either.
This is not a game that you can expect to be vaulted. As Thunderbird mentioned it will only become more expensive to manufacture down the road thanks to that lower playfield. They are far more likely to vault Star Wars, Guardians, Deadpool, and Jurassic Park down the road when they are out of production.

We need some common sense here - IMHO!

Why do you think they will Vault those titles - because of cheaper cost OR because they will sell a shit load more?

#9441 4 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

We need some common sense here - IMHO!
Why do you think they will Vault those titles - because of cheaper cost OR because they will sell a shit load more?

Both! Ironman and Star Trek both got the vault treatment due to demand from ops and likely due to a fairly cheap BOM.

I just got my mates b&w Premium round to my house and I gotto say it’s noticeably heavier than BM66, TMNT and Deadpool.

#9442 4 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That's beautiful. I would like to have a couple of sets of these but still working on the price in my head.

I have them on my BM66 and Munsters LE. Have already purchased for my JP Prem....sitting in the tube waiting on the game....

#9443 4 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I have them on my BBM66 and Munsters LE. Have already purchased for my JP Prem....sitting in the tube waiting on the game....

Nice line up

#9444 4 months ago

The small ones on the lower playfield for Grandpa really set it off....

#9445 4 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

We will probably never know why production was discontinued .

Easy answer would be Sales (Due to code), Since DS mentioned that the code was complete, Sales slowed.
Distributors still have stock in Australia, I remember when Munsters was released the Distributors were saying that code will come, just wait. (Face plant)

#9446 4 months ago

How do they attach? I see some big black bars running up the sides of your back glass. Do they stick with sticky stuff on top of the glass? Or under the glass? How do you remove your play field glass with them installed?

How do you make them light up? Are you using alligator clips to the wiring somewhere ?

Quoted from VALIS666:

[quoted image]

Quoted from JMCFAN:

I have them on my BM66 and Munsters LE. Have already purchased for my JP Prem....sitting in the tube waiting on the game....

#9447 4 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

How do they attach? I see some big black bars running up the sides of your back glass. Do they stick with sticky stuff on top of the glass? Or under the glass? How do you remove your play field glass with them installed?
How do you make them light up? Are you using alligator clips to the wiring somewhere ?

Magnetic stips on sides.... attach to certain bulbs with alligator clips.... glass slides right out. They are awesome in my opinion... really light up dark playfields and add effects. Check the website https://pinstadium.com/

#9448 4 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Magnetic stips on sides.... attach to certain bulbs with alligator clips.... glass slides right out. They are awesome in my opinion... really light up dark playfields and add effects. Check the website https://pinstadium.com/

Thank you.

#9449 4 months ago

I have my topper listed.

#9450 4 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I have my topper listed.

Whoa. $1200.00 ? Wow! GLWYS.

There are 9871 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 198.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside