pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 237.
#9351 3 years ago

Sadly @xavery Dwight, because of your lack of code love and FOR ONLY THAT REASON, our fabulous Munsters is about ready to drop out of the top 100...
....has dropped all the way down to #92. Is that enough proof for something to be done, sooner than later???
[quoted image]</blockquote
I would have to disagree here, I think the primary reason that Munsters is creeping up in the "Top 100" is more that there are many people who simply didn't get their way...feel "unheard" and a low rating is their way of punching back...kinda petty really. The code, as it is, is fine...many people have claimed so, can it be improved? sure...all code, all titles can. As it has been stated here time and time again...don't buy a machine with expectations beyond what you see at purchase. I really don't see where relentlessly blaming Dwight for doing what he was contracted to do is remotely constructive...You got a beef, bring it up with Gary Stern and if you don't like his answer, move on...sell your machine and find something you are happy with. Oh, the Top 100, is a popularity contest...a mix of "some" critical analysis then mostly personal opinion...people like what they like and hate what they hate...I would never own a Jurassic Park or a TMNT doesn't mean they are bad games and I certainly wouldn't give them a low rating. People tend to treat the Top 100 as an investment guide...it absolutely is not...it is an opinion list, nothing more. This is pinball, the only rule here is to have fun. Just my 2 cents.

#9352 3 years ago

Does Stern care about that?

#9353 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Sadly @xavery Dwight, because of your lack of code love and FOR ONLY THAT REASON, our fabulous Munsters is about ready to drop out of the top 100...
....has dropped all the way down to #92. Is that enough proof for something to be done, sooner than later???
[quoted image]

I would have to disagree here, I think the primary reason that Munsters is creeping up in the "Top 100" is more that there are many people who simply didn't get their way...feel "unheard" and a low rating is their way of punching back...kinda petty really. The code, as it is, is fine...many people have claimed so, can it be improved? sure...all code, all titles can. As it has been stated here time and time again...don't buy a machine with expectations beyond what you see at purchase. I really don't see where relentlessly blaming Dwight for doing what he was contracted to do is remotely constructive...You got a beef, bring it up with Gary Stern and if you don't like his answer, move on...sell your machine and find something you are happy with. Oh, the Top 100, is a popularity contest...a mix of "some" critical analysis then mostly personal opinion...people like what they like and hate what they hate...I would never own a Jurassic Park or a TMNT doesn't mean they are bad games and I certainly wouldn't give them a low rating. People tend to treat the Top 100 as an investment guide...it absolutely is not...it is an opinion list, nothing more. This is pinball, the only rule here is to have fun. Just my 2 cents.

#9354 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I think the primary reason that Munsters is creeping up in the "Top 100" is more that there are many people who simply didn't get their way...feel "unheard" and a low rating is their way of punching back...kinda petty really.

Pfffft, you are kidding right?
The code is bland atm, and needs much more to it.
Level 2 and 3 are really just a copy and paste with a tweak! Sorry but - Lazy and such a waste of such a Great looking and shooting machine!!!!

P.s No one rates Munsters bad because of feeling unheard, that's just plain crazy FtrMech
Keep simple codes for Zizzle machines.

#9355 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

...don't buy a machine with expectations beyond what you see at purchase. I really don't see where relentlessly blaming Dwight for doing what he was contracted to do is remotely constructive...You got a beef, bring it up with Gary Stern and if you don't like his answer, move on...sell your machine and find something you are happy with.

Answer: you move on with your nonsensical reasoning and no I don’t want to dump/sell my machine at fire sale prices, just because the code is so badly lacking! (The responsibility to give us our monies worth software wise is squarely on Stern on this one. They’ve not done that yet.) This is a club thread where we relentlessly discuss all things Munsters. If some of us feel we’ve been underserved in the coding department, this is the place to be heard. Will relentlessly stay on the subject matter, so don’t come to our club thread if you’re not a Munsters owner and don’t care about improving the software, like all other Sterns get improved. We buy early knowing Stern will give code love to our machines in the future. Munsters is the only machine they’ve not done that for in their lineup. Code still has issues acknowledged by Stern. There is only one real mode in the game and then it gets repeated to the 3rd level. How pathetic is that??? Conversely my TMNT has 9 modes...get that 9 modes, with tons of side objectives as well. Dwight gave our monies worth on TMNT. Why has he so badly neglected Munsters???

Every Stern machine is an example of many improvements except Munsters. I personally have not asked for code on the many other Sterns I’ve purchased new in a box, only feel let down by Munsters code. Dwight has a history of letting machines go unloved for a long time. Munsters is his worst offense to date (well GB too) and I really like him as a coder. I’m now thinking of not purchasing future games coded by Xaqery Dwight, as a result of him ignoring Munsters so badly. I’ll stay with buying KE games as I know for sure his games will get all the code love in the Stern world possible.

For example: Keith Elwin is giving more code love to IMDN and its 3 and a half years old. I can confidently purchase a game Keith/Lonnie are coding and know I’ll get my monies worth. Munsters cost the same as IMDN, so why is it not getting the same care as all the rest?

Stop being a Stern apologist and expect the same care for the same money spent as all the other Sterns. If what you get was what was already in the box, then that is a completely different business model than Stern and all pinball companies have done to date. Get real.

#9356 3 years ago

To anyone with the Optional HD glass or Limited Editon model how much better is the HD glass... Is it really worth it.. I have lightup upgraded 5.25" limited edition speakers (i upgraded my sub aa well) and the backbox speakers reflect like crazy! Will the HD glass upgrade resolve this??

20201205_164829 (resized).jpg20201205_164829 (resized).jpg
#9357 3 years ago

Really depends on how much you love your game. Purists may tell you "Who cares? Just play it." They don't usually mod their games, they leave them close to stock.

I love the additional fun this hobby supplies, beyond just playing. I love modding games, tastefully though. And I love the HD glass. I think it's worth it. I think it really cuts down on reflections. It make the playfield pop! Super clear. It's expensive, but if you have the extra money, go for it. I have ColorDMDs and HD glass/Invisiglass on almost every game we own.

Just make sure you don't clean it with Windex! You want something ammonia free. Sparkle Glass cleaner works great. In fact, I took all the Windex out of the basement, just in case my wife or kids decides to help out and start cleaning!

#9358 3 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

...In fact, I took all the Windex out of the basement, just in case my...kids decides to help out and start cleaning!...

You probably don't have much to worry about.

I have the HD glass in 4 pins, I think. Only buy it at shows or from a buddy that when he get's a pin w/it at a good price. Usually my fav first mod, if the pin warrants it. Munsters doesn't have it yet. The Pro PF is so dark, I don't think I'd benefit. Maybe some sort of Pin Stadium's would help.

#9359 3 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Really depends on how much you love your game. Purists may tell you "Who cares? Just play it." They don't usually mod their games, they leave them close to stock.
I love the additional fun this hobby supplies, beyond just playing. I love modding games, tastefully though. And I love the HD glass. I think it's worth it. I think it really cuts down on reflections. It make the playfield pop! Super clear. It's expensive, but if you have the extra money, go for it. I have ColorDMDs and HD glass/Invisiglass on almost every game we own.
Just make sure you don't clean it with Windex! You want something ammonia free. Sparkle Glass cleaner works great. In fact, I took all the Windex out of the basement, just in case my wife or kids decides to help out and start cleaning!

Sounds good... I'll probably purchase it after the holidays.. And yes I only use the good glass cleaner.. I agree, windex is awful.. I will also check out PDI.. Thanks.

#9360 3 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Completely agree. PDI the best, but Stern HD very nice, and a noticeable improvement.

Munsters is such a beautiful pin...the glass brings it out...

#9361 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Completely agree. PDI the best, but Stern HD very nice, and a noticeable improvement.
Munsters is such a beautiful pin...the glass brings it out...

+1 PDI looks outstanding on the black and white Premium, my mate has it on his and it looks incredible!

#9362 3 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Sounds good... I'll probably purchase it after the holidays.. And yes I only use the good glass cleaner.. I agree, windex is awful.. I will have to check out PDI.. Thanks.

#9363 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

+1 PDI looks outstanding on the black and white Premium, my mate has it on his and it looks incredible!

Pdi is never in stock and shipped it is like aver 300.00 but you it is the best with sanded edges but a two pack at cointaker is 400.00 shipped and is almost as good!

#9364 3 years ago

Has anyone had issues with the grandpa scoop protector bending on the left side? My original bent to the point where it dug into the clear enough to damage it. Stern sent me a replacement that lasted all of 100 games. I picked up a set of cliffy protectors for the game and after maybe 100 more games it is also showing signs of bending in the same spot. It looks to me like the protector is nice and tight to the wood. I don't think the cliffy is going to last long though.

IMG_20201206_232228051 (resized).jpgIMG_20201206_232228051 (resized).jpgIMG_20201206_232512 (resized).jpgIMG_20201206_232512 (resized).jpg
#9365 3 years ago

Anyone have trouble with Herman magnet not releasing the ball? Is this normal?

#9366 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Has anyone had issues with the grandpa scoop protector bending on the left side? My original bent to the point where it dug into the clear enough to damage it. Stern sent me a replacement that lasted all of 100 games. I picked up a set of cliffy protectors for the game and after maybe 100 more games it is also showing signs of bending in the same spot. It looks to me like the protector is nice and tight to the wood. I don't think the cliffy is going to last long though.
[quoted image][quoted image]

In total i think i have 3 of the Sterns gone broke, now i have cliffys it looks very beat up but it's holding.
I am not sure what to do after the flaps will break again. I guess i will just have to broken part on top and just reattach the flaps with screws? i tried with double sided sticking tape, but this does not last very long.

maybe i have to try to fix do a 3d-print fix. i tried it with a first try:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4424626
but this does not fit, but i still have the cad file maybe i have to come back and remodel it to fit better. and it's quite thick.

P1120102 (resized).JPGP1120102 (resized).JPGP1120103 (resized).JPGP1120103 (resized).JPG
#9367 3 years ago
Quoted from BMonty:

Anyone have trouble with Herman magnet not releasing the ball? Is this normal?

Every once in a while I will have a ball magnetically lock onto a Herman ball and hang there. After a few seconds the pin releases both balls.

#9368 3 years ago

Make sure the magnetic base is flush with the playfield surface- my adjustment lock was loose and balls would hang on the lip. Also, the balls can become magnetized over time creating a problem. That said sometimes they just stick and there's nothing you can do about it-sometimes you get 2 balls stuck there.

#9369 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

In total i think i have 3 of the Sterns gone broke, now i have cliffys it looks very beat up but it's holding.
I am not sure what to do after the flaps will break again. I guess i will just have to broken part on top and just reattach the flaps with screws? i tried with double sided sticking tape, but this does not last very long.
maybe i have to try to fix do a 3d-print fix. i tried it with a first try:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4424626
but this does not fit, but i still have the cad file maybe i have to come back and remodel it to fit better. and it's quite thick.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the pics and yours looks similar to mine. Yeah the cliffy is holding up much better than the stern one but clearly damaged. Glad to hear the cliffy is at least holding up longer. Mines not looking too bad yet but will be watching it.

#9370 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Make sure the magnetic base is flush with the playfield surface- my adjustment lock was loose and balls would hang on the lip. Also, the balls can become magnetized over time creating a problem. That said sometimes they just stick and there's nothing you can do about it-sometimes you get 2 balls stuck there.

My magnetic base is not flush with the playfield but recessed. How do I make it flush?

16073767885221541686977956174995 (resized).jpg16073767885221541686977956174995 (resized).jpg
#9371 3 years ago

Raise the playfield. There's a huge locknut with a screw thingy in the center. Screw the center until magnet is flush then retighten locknut.

#9372 3 years ago

Thanks for the pics and yours looks similar to mine. Yeah the cliffy is holding up much better than the stern one but clearly damaged. Glad to hear the cliffy is at least holding up longer. Mines not looking too bad yet but will be watching it.

I got the cliffy....have not installed yet....how difficult is it...?

#9373 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I got the cliffy....have not installed yet....how difficult is it...?

The grandpa scoop is not hard. I think I had to take off the right ramp and the plastics around but that is not hard at all. I installed the full set and I'm pretty happy with it. The protector for the left inlane does catch balls occasionally but nothing a little wiggle doesn't fix. Very rare though.

#9374 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Raise the playfield. There's a huge locknut with a screw thingy in the center. Screw the center until magnet is flush then retighten locknut.

Thanks! Will try this.

#9375 3 years ago

Last run of Munsters in FEB.

Stern (resized).pngStern (resized).png
#9376 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Last run of Munsters in FEB.
[quoted image]

Discontinued - that does not say good things for Munster sales and future code.

I thought Stern makes new games for 3 years?

Am I missing something here - reading this wrong??

#9377 3 years ago

Maybe new code for the last run

#9378 3 years ago

That's only one model though but odd they don't have the others in that list. They did just last run Black Knight though but there was an announcement about that.

#9379 3 years ago

That's only one model though but odd they don't have the others in that list.

And its the color premium - not the B&W premium ...

#9380 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Just says Color Premium version.

#9381 3 years ago

That's only one model though but odd they don't have the others in that list. They did just last run Black Knight though but there was an announcement about that.

Last run of Munsters is coloured premiums, no more Munsters after that.

I’ve got my mates black and white Premium coming to mine this week, looking forward to having one in the house for a few months.

#9382 3 years ago

Interesting, they announced it for black knight but not munsters. I'd say the chance of any code updates just plummeted

#9383 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I'm taking your advice.... I just ordered the PDI glass for my B&W Premium. Thanks for the feedback.

#9384 3 years ago

Interesting, they announced it for black knight but not munsters. I'd say the chance of any code updates just plummeted

They usually announce a last run to bump sales and I think it’s often done before that run goes on the line so I’d expect to see a last call probably early next year if they are backlogged as much as people say.

#9385 3 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

And its the color premium - not the B&W premium ...

I think the Premium B&W will end up holding the most value. I'm glad i purchased mine when they were available.

#9386 3 years ago

If this is true about all Munsters being discontinued, would think the value of our Munsters machines, just went up. Collectors will want this great shooting game going forward, if no more are being made. This and Black Knight would be the first time I’m aware of, Stern breaking tradition and not making for 3 years time. Although it only states color version?

(PDI glass is quite good, especially having a lower PF to play.)

Agree with J85M: not officially announced as being last run yet. So we shall see...

#9387 3 years ago

I did few more minor mods.. I added green cabinet leg protectors with black bolts along with black nylon washers.. I also added lightup flipper buttons in green & white (They can also be set to flash but i thought it was too much).. It gives a nice pop to the B&W Premium.. And then I finished it off with a really cool looking green eyeball shooter rod.

20201208_124859 (resized).jpg20201208_124859 (resized).jpg

#9388 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Maybe the 2020 Covid altered Stern's schedule? I don't think I have heard anyone talk whether Stern is at full capacity or if the company is running a truncated schedule.

And there is possibility that getting parts to keep the line going might be a challenge.

Lot of variables.

#9389 3 years ago

Wasn't that list from an AU/NZ distributer? Could it be that's the expected schedule for that region? I just got my Guardians pro that was built on 11/14/2020 last week and my distributer said Star Wars is on the line now. I find it odd that the newer titles are pushed out that far given they just released of course there could be a new title in the mix somewhere.

#9390 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Just says Color Premium version.

Just confirmed with Stern.

I can share email from Evan if required but he has confirmed. Munsters (Pro, Premium color and B&W) will no longer be produced.

Upcoming color run is it. If you are on the fence this is your last opportunity!

By the way Munsters made it 2 years (including the upcoming run). That tells you something about sales. The sad part is the everything about game is cool - except the fair/unfair code reviews which I think did it in. Hopefully lessons learned here (which seem like it).

#9391 3 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

I'm taking your advice.... I just ordered the PDI glass for my B&W Premium. Thanks for the feedback.

It's very addictive once you see how nice it looks. In all my games except the ones that came w Invisiglass or Stern HD already installed.

Easily the best out there...

#9392 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

The sad part is the everything about game is cool - except the fair/unfair code reviews which I think did it in. Hopefully lessons learned here (which seem like it).

Sad to hear and very glad I snagged mine.

Such a fun game.

#9393 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Sad to hear and very glad I snagged mine.
Such a fun game.

Upside, you have a “more rare machine”.

#9394 3 years ago

Well that really sucks. Late to the game here. Love the munsters and was wanting the B&W premium

#9395 3 years ago
Quoted from Snotdoc:

Well that really sucks. Late to the game here. Love the munsters and was wanting the B&W premium

Might be some at distros yet. Call around.

#9396 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Might be some at distros yet. Call around.

I have been trying for several weeks to buy a Premium, got in touch with every distributor I could think of, no luck... I did find a couple of Pros, but no Premium seems to be left unallocated.

If anyone knows otherwise please let me know!

#9397 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Just confirmed with Stern.
I can share email from Evan if required but he has confirmed. Munsters (Pro, Premium color and B&W) will no longer be produced.
Upcoming color run is it. If you are on the fence this is your last opportunity!
By the way Munsters made it 2 years (including the upcoming run). That tells you something about sales. The sad part is the everything about game is cool - except the fair/unfair code reviews which I think did it in. Hopefully lessons learned here (which seem like it).

If this is the case, sure glad I’ve got mine. Like I’ve always said, fun machine and the only one my wife will play, out of all our great Stern’s.

#9398 3 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

I have been trying for several weeks to buy a Premium, got in touch with every distributor I could think of, no luck... I did find a couple of Pros, but no Premium seems to be left unallocated.
If anyone knows otherwise please let me know!

I sent you a PM.

#9399 3 years ago

Who are the best distributers to go through in general? Ours here in OKC will only sell for $2500-$3000 above anyone else price I have seen. They call it “white glove” service for setup and a 2 year warranty. I think thats latex glove service without the lube. Im new to trying to acquire a pinball machine and it seems covid has made that difficult.

#9400 3 years ago

JJP at game exchange
Zach at Flip n Out
Trent at Tilt amusements

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 11,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/188?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.