New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 233776)

1313 Mockingbird Lane ~ MUNSTERS Club.

By Monte

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 9,333 posts
  • 458 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by sulli10
  • Topic is favorited by 163 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,687 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

28E25AF4-E92F-4849-A18B-2AE573F75084 (resized).jpeg
E3ABE84B-B0DF-4ED2-87AC-E7CAAFD13B19 (resized).jpeg
7D36D286-0525-479A-A3A6-DB817ACE4209 (resized).jpeg
A6BB2BF6-ED0D-479A-BF50-D47A0933D51F (resized).jpeg
mun pro black and white pst (resized).jpg
IMG_20201025_223612820 (resized).jpg
20201101_132438 (resized).jpg
3688f6934f6232bd956666da745ce29c6397f25c (resized).jpg
20201031_100912 (resized).jpg
20201029_220114 (resized).jpg
20201029_133624 (resized).jpg
20201029_133555 (resized).jpg
20201029_104738 (resized).jpg
BFA2422F-4B51-4640-AC55-B1C70CA92261 (resized).jpeg
6138A456-154C-4B19-80CA-289C6D94605C (resized).jpeg
20201028_174503 (resized).jpg

There are 9333 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 187.
#9301 11 days ago

I'm sorry. I went off and forgot all about this. I see one post, that you linked where Who-Dey said this, " John Borg did a great job on this game, too bad Dwight didn't. What he did was good but there needs to be a little bit more."

Keep emailing Stern and maybe you will get lucky. But I think you are flogging a dead horse.

Here is a video with Gary Stern speaking. In 2013. Anybody who thinks Stern does not know its market might want to rethink.

The video gets started at around minute marker 20:00. Gary talks about broadening the market; He talks about the casual player; He talks about that between minute mark 32:00 to mark 37:00.

I watch this video and come up with Munsters being one of those pins to broaden the market towards the casual player. You mileage may differ, but I don't think Stern is going to add any more code or video clips. I think Munsters is done. Could I be wrong? Yeah, sure. I could be surprised, but as Thunderbird noted, Munster sales are good. I don't see Stern messing with a good thing.

Enjoy.

Quoted from cpr9999:

LOL - what are you smoking. Waste of $8 dollars. Call and send emails to Stern and your distributor just like you would do to any other consumer company. Stern is nothing special, they are a life brand company as they state. Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion (good or bad).
If I had pealing paint on my new car, or my new kitchen table, or stitches coming apart on my new couch I am calling and emailing my distributor, the manufacturing company and anyone else who can help resolve.
Stern needs to step up on issues - communications is key (even if they don’t agree with you). Letting people hang is piss poor customer service. You don’t always have to send back an email. You can make a public newsletter announcement for example. Figure out how to communicate!
After reading your posts be a big person, step up and apologize to Thunderbird per your post instead of ranting on. I see 2 different posts above showing Who-Dey would have appreciated some more code.

Quoted from cpr9999:

Here is one of his last posts.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/183#post-5928359
I think it represents his view over time.
Everyone can read and interpret from here.
RIP Who-Dey.
Play on pinball wizard in your next life.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

I love the lower and it's the best lower playfield in all of pinball in my opinion. It gives you an extra mode which this game needs badly as we all know and it's just fun. It just seems like it completes the game to me. With that being said though the pro is no dog at all and I enjoyed my play on the pro quite a bit. I got the black and white premium and it is STUNNING! I have no regrets at all and I love the theme and this pin will never be for sale. John Borg did a great job on this game, too bad Dwight didn't. What he did was good but there needs to be a little bit more.

#9302 11 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I could be surprised, but as Thunderbird noted, Munster sales are good. I don't see Stern messing with a good thing.

I agree, may not effect sales of the Munsters too much at this point. But it might impact my next purchase from Stern. If I know some support/code/enhancements can be expected after purchase, even if it is just some bonus clips, etc. I am more likely to purchase a NIB (I have not bought a NIB from Stern, partly because of the unknown of how much support can be expected in terms of enhancements, and I don't want to buy a V0.6 at their mercy).

#9303 11 days ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

I agree, may not effect sales of the Munsters too much at this point. But it might impact my next purchase from Stern. If I know some support/code/enhancements can be expected after purchase, even if it is just some bonus clips, etc. I am more likely to purchase a NIB (I have not bought a NIB from Stern, partly because of the unknown of how much support can be expected in terms of enhancements, and I don't want to buy a V0.6 at their mercy).

Agree.

I do understand people buying what they like each their own I say.

Sold my Munsters LE to a happy new owner few months back. All is good. It was a nice looking machine for sure.

Lesson leaned unless you play first don’t buy.

FYI sold all my Stern LEs since. Market has been hot, figure others could enjoy them.

#9304 10 days ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

I just purchased my 3rd new in box from stern in the last 2 years. Munsters, then ST, and I was going to buy a Turtles but instead, thanks to the excellent support from Lonnie on ST (and I'm loving that game now), decided to go Borg/Lonnie for my next one with a Guardians. I'll have 2 Lonnie pins and 2 Dwight pins in my collection and it's crazy that Stern Pirates is such a much better coded game than Munsters (IMHO) of course.

#9305 9 days ago

New member with a color premium! I like the pro translite better so I switch that out. My buddy has a b/w premium and he also likes the pro translite better but its was in color so I did a little desktop work to make that switch. It looks nice on his game. I will get a pic.

mun pro black and white pst (resized).jpg
#9306 8 days ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

New member with a color premium! I like the pro translite better so I switch that out. My buddy has a b/w premium and he also likes the pro translite better but its was in color so I did a little desktop work to make that switch. It looks nice on his game. I will get a pic.
[quoted image]

WOW, that is really nice, would like to do this to mine but ,way beyond my skill set.

#9307 8 days ago

Thanks for that Cotton. I’m still in the camp Stern will do the right thing by Munsters and give us a little more, because it deserves it. Not that the code isn’t good now, but if they put just a little more effort into Munsters, it would save @xavery Dwight’s reputation as well as give Stern more sales in the future and good will to the Stern community in general. (Know of numerous people that will not buy a Dwight coded game because of his lack of love given to Munsters, with only 2 real meaningful updates since it was first released. I’m not in that camp, as I think he’s one of the best coders out there, he just needs to come up to the plate and hit a grand slam for Munsters. Munsters even has a code suggestion thread setup for him to take ideas from. Don’t know of any other machine that has one of those.) There is no rhyme or reason for Munsters to be in the basement top 100 wise at #87, except for code not being as full in call outs, modes and show material as most all people are expecting.

Was just listening to Ep. 17 of the Pinball Show Midweek and Craig stated he too thinks Munsters customers deserve more than just a couple meaningful updates. Franchi asked in one of his recent podcast, “what can we do Dwight to convince you to give Munsters more love”? Let’s face it, because of Dwight’s lack of code love, Munsters is always the whipping boy for any derogatory comments concerning pinball code in almost any thread. Certainly my TMNT at 1.23 has been given extreme code love by Dwight. He has made sure TMNT code is epic and it is! If Dwight would only make half that effort for Munsters, most people would be happier and jump on the Munsters bandwagon and it would rise significantly on the top 100. Munsters should be a top 10 game, after all Monster Bash is number 3! (Tell me what’s not top ten about Munsters except the code??? Best art package 2019. Top 10 in sounds, music, game layout, ramps/wireforms, toys, you name it, Munsters has it. Only lacking code love unfairly brings it down to #87.)

Think emailing will help get the point across. It should never be done in an annoying way, but complementary. I’ve headed up a worldwide company in 40 countries and unless we receive email with issues in them, they never get addressed, because we have no idea how our customers feel on any given product issue, unless they reach out to us. Emailing without permission is good protocol and we deal with each and every customer, which is far larger than what Stern has to deal with. Many many times Stern’s numbers. Pinball is a very small niche market, but Stern has been very responsive to any email I’ve sent, which is not that many anyway. I’ve received over 3,000 email a day addressed to me personally. Do I find that annoying??? Not at all, because these are my valued customers and I wish to know how to serve them better. This has always set my company apart from all the ones struggling out there, people know we will take care of their concerns. We have had a very high success rate because of it. So I completely disagree with Chuckwurt’s premise (do think you add many good comments Chuckwurt, just not on this subject).

Just look at how fantastic this underrated ultimate toy in all of pinball is: the lower playfield is a complete machine in and of itself! It is so fun to shoot with so much to do and accomplish. My wife loves to play Munsters because she feels like she is doing something by hitting the dungeon scoop and then going to the basement for action with pinballs that never drain. Genius how Borg set that up. Can’t think of a better main toy in all of pinball. Interesting how some don’t realize and appreciate it for what it is and does.
7D36D286-0525-479A-A3A6-DB817ACE4209 (resized).jpegE3ABE84B-B0DF-4ED2-87AC-E7CAAFD13B19 (resized).jpegA6BB2BF6-ED0D-479A-BF50-D47A0933D51F (resized).jpeg

#9308 8 days ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Thanks for that Cotton. I’m still in the camp Stern will do the right thing by Munsters and give us a little more, because it deserves it. Not that the code isn’t good now, but if they put just a little more effort into Munsters, it would save @xavery Dwight’s reputation as well as give Stern more sales in the future and good will to the Stern community in general. (Know of numerous people that will not buy a Dwight coded game because of his lack of love given to Munsters, with only 2 real meaningful updates since it was first released. I’m not in that camp, as I think he’s one of the best coders out there, he just needs to come up to the plate and hit a grand slam for Munsters. Munsters even has a code suggestion thread setup for him to take ideas from. Don’t know of any other machine that has one of those.) There is no rhyme or reason for Munsters to be in the basement top 100 wise at #87, except for code not being as full in call outs, modes and show material as most all people are expecting.
Was just listening to Ep. 17 of the Pinball Show Midweek and Craig stated he too thinks Munsters customers deserve more than just a couple meaningful updates. Franchi asked in one of his recent podcast, “what can we do Dwight to convince you to give Munsters more love”? Let’s face it, because of Dwight’s lack of code love, Munsters is always the whipping boy for any derogatory comments concerning pinball code in almost any thread. Certainly my TMNT at 1.23 has been given extreme code love by Dwight. He has made sure TMNT code is epic and it is! If Dwight would only make half that effort for Munsters, most people would be happier and jump on the Munsters bandwagon and it would rise significantly on the top 100. Munsters should be a top 10 game, after all Monster Bash is number 3!
Think emailing will help get the point across. It should never be done in an annoying way, but complementary. I’ve headed up a worldwide company in 40 countries and unless we receive email with issues in them, they never get addressed, because we have no idea how our customers feel on any given product issue, unless they reach out to us. Emailing without permission is good protocol and we deal with each and every customer, which is far larger than what Stern has to deal with. Many many times Stern’s numbers. Pinball is a very small niche market, but Stern has been very responsive to any email I’ve sent, which is not that many anyway. I get over 3,000 email a day addressed to me personally. Do I find that annoying??? Not at all, because these are my valued customers and I wish to know how to serve them better. This has always set my company apart from all the ones struggling out there, people know we will take care of their concerns. We have had a very high success rate because of it. So I completely disagree with Chuckwurt’s premise (do think you add many good comments Chuckwurt, just not on this subject).
Just look at how fantastic this underrated ultimate toy in all of pinball is: the lower playfield is a complete machine in and of itself! It is so fun to shoot with so much to do and accomplish. My wife loves to play Munsters because she feels like she is doing something by hitting the dungeon scoop and then going to the basement for action with pinballs that never drain. Genius how Borg set that up. Can’t think of a better main toy in all of pinball. Interesting how some don’t realize and appreciate it for what it is and does.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WoW..... That was a great wtiteup Thunderbird!! Tnx!!

#9309 8 days ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Was just listening to Ep. 17 of the Pinball Show Midweek and Craig stated he too thinks Munsters customers deserve more than just a couple meaningful updates. Franchi asked in one of his recent podcast, “what can we do Dwight to convince you to give Munsters more love”? Let’s face it, because of Dwight’s lack of code love, Munsters is always the whipping boy for any derogatory comments concerning pinball code in almost any thread. Certainly my TMNT at 1.23 has been given extreme code love by Dwight. He has made sure TMNT code is epic and it is! If Dwight would only make half that effort for Munsters, most people would be happier and jump on the Munsters bandwagon and it would rise significantly on the top 100. Munsters should be a top 10 game, after all Monster Bash is number 3! (Tell me what’s not top ten about Munsters except the code??? Best art package 2019. Top 10 in sounds, music, game layout, ramps/wireforms, toys, you name it, Munsters has it. Only lacking code love unfairly brings it down to #87.)

100% agree with this....
Needs more CoDe

#9310 7 days ago

Munsters party...(TBA)

#9311 7 days ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Munsters party...(TBA)

What better way is there going into 2021 then playing munsters and at 12:00 on new years eve and having Munsters Madness.
Done it last year and will do it this year too.

#9312 6 days ago

I have a question. Im a new owner. I played my friends premium before I bought. As I recall whenever I hit the left ramp spot would come up for a second and give you a moment to get a bash in, but it was only long enough for one shot at it. So now I have my color premium and that does not happen. Spot only comes up when his mode is started. Does anyone have some insight as to what I should look into? I checked through all the feature adjustments but could not find anything there? Thanks for any help. I really liked that feature and now Im bummed that my machine is not doing it.

#9313 6 days ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I have a question. Im a new owner. I played my friends premium before I bought. As I recall whenever I hit the left ramp spot would come up for a second and give you a moment to get a bash in, but it was only long enough for one shot at it. So now I have my color premium and that does not happen. Spot only comes up when his mode is started. Does anyone have some insight as to what I should look into? I checked through all the feature adjustments but could not find anything there? Thanks for any help. I really liked that feature and now Im bummed that my machine is not doing it.

You need to hit the ramp at the correct time.....

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Munsters-Rule-Sheet.pdf?fbclid=IwAR26tPbUMxUwEtAONTgGghYhSJgVKKCx1E3xkFEtiipBxDP2rRhvrG6Ghto

#9314 6 days ago

Also make sure the switch on the right ramp above Marilyn is registering. You can bend the leaf if needed.

#9315 5 days ago

Hi guys,

I'm going to be adding a lot of "Munsterous" mods soon and at different times... I need some advice.. Are you guys taking out the normal balls as well as the smaller (grandpa's laboratory) balls every time you pickup the playfield?? And does this really matter??

#9316 5 days ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Hi guys,
I'm going to be adding a lot of "Munsterous" mods soon and at different times... I need some advice.. Are you guys taking out the normal balls as well as the smaller (grandpa's laboratory) balls every time you pickup the playfield?? And does this really matter??

No need to take out lower playfield balls or even upper PF balls. I just stuff a rag in the shooter lane ball entrance, before lifting the PF. You might have to prime the ball shut after lowering again, by hand flinging the coil from the open coin door upwardly, to manually eject a couple of balls to get the ball rotation going again.

#9317 5 days ago

Has anyone experienced a lower PF flipper kind of acting like a coil stop is not fully working? Meaning when a ball hits the flipper, the flipper kind of bounces a quarter of an inch or so, not remaining fully stiff to receive and relaunch the ball? What is the fix for that?? Does it need a new spring, as I checked the coil stop; it seems to be fined? Or is the coil faulty somehow?

#9318 5 days ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Has anyone experienced a lower PF flipper kind of acting like a coil stop is not fully working? Meaning when a ball hits the flipper, the flipper kind of bounces a quarter of an inch or so, not remaining fully stiff to receive and relaunch the ball? What is the fix for that?? Does it need a new spring, as I checked the coil stop; it seems to be fined? Or is the coil faulty somehow?

Hi, Thank you for tip about the rag in the shooter lane!

As for your issue... Check out this video on the lower playfield flipper fix.. It may solve your problem.

#9319 4 days ago

Noticed 3 other machines have updates, tho Munsters still sits in the Dark. - Typical

#9320 4 days ago

I reckon a large update will be coming soon

#9321 4 days ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Wishful thinking but I doubt it will ever happen.

#9322 4 days ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Based on ??

#9323 4 days ago

My guess for the next update is added dj mode and a block of pinball browser.

#9324 4 days ago

Thanksgiving at the Munsters..

#9325 4 days ago

Good question....I believe they owe an update for the glitches/ bugs still present (which I was told directly they would release, but that was months ago). Getting more would be nice and appreciated for sure. Love the game, and can't imagine me hating it after an update or 2, lol

#9326 3 days ago

Has anyone had trouble with the mini ball getting stuck in the gobble hole in grandpa's laboratory?

#9327 3 days ago
Quoted from 1012carter:

Has anyone had trouble with the mini ball getting stuck in the gobble hole in grandpa's laboratory?

I had the mini balls get wedged in the stacks of plastics behind the flippers. But never in the launch hole.

#9328 3 days ago

Thinking of selling my Munsters LE. How's the market? What's the going rate? I would not be able to ship it.

#9329 3 days ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Thinking of selling my Munsters LE. How's the market? What's the going rate? I would not be able to ship it.

Good time to sell - pinball market is hot.

7200-8000 depending on mods and timing

#9330 15 hours ago

Sadly @xavery Dwight, because of your lack of code love and FOR ONLY THAT REASON, our fabulous Munsters is about ready to drop out of the top 100...

....has dropped all the way down to #92. Is that enough proof for something to be done, sooner than later???

28E25AF4-E92F-4849-A18B-2AE573F75084 (resized).jpeg

#9331 14 hours ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Sadly @xavery Dwight, because of your lack of code love and FOR ONLY THAT REASON, our fabulous Munsters is about ready to drop out of the top 100...
....has dropped all the way down to #92. Is that enough proof for something to be done???
[quoted image]

I thought new code was coming from “reliable sources”?

#9332 7 hours ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I thought new code was coming

Glad you thought it’s coming too! We’ll see if (& when) what some have said is true, but none the less, dropping to #92 is needless except for lack of code love from Dwight.

#9333 6 hours ago

Yea,
My resources so far were in accurate. Does not mean will not happen just not yet on new code. Still had several fun games over the holiday weekend tho. Of my Sterns it still gets a lot of play.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 7.95
There are 9333 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 187.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside