IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 237.
#9251 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Yes, let’s push it forward for Who-Dey.

Why? Who-Dey was real cool where Munsters is currently at. I seem to recall him dragging a few through a keyhole for talking any trash about Munsters code. The man loved the game as it came from the box.

#9252 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Why? Who-Dey was real cool where Munsters is currently at. I seem to recall him dragging a few through a keyhole for talking any trash about Munsters code. The man loved the game as it came from the box.

Do I have to go back and show you all the comments he made about wanting more code??? Why do you have such a thing for not wanting more code??? Munsters is the only Stern game so badly neglected by additional updates, polish and code. Did you sell your game or something and no longer care about giving it the proper attention it deserves and we all paid for???

#9253 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Do I have to go back and show you all the comments he made to get more code??? Why do you have such a thing for not wanting more code???

Yes, please do so. Show me. And I will apologize accordingly.

I first ran into him as he was kicking ass over on the "worst code ever" forum where everyone was crying about the code and what a POS Munsters was. If he was championing for more code, I sure missed it because he absolutely was rabidly in love with Munsters as is, is my take on it.

I don't need more code. I am happy with how this pin plays 100%. I think John Borg and Stern did fantastic job. And as you recently noted, sales have been good.

It also seems to me that as time has passed the want for "more code" morphed into "more scenes from the TV show." I go over and play my friend's Batman 66 with all of its color clips from the show and within about 5 minutes it gets as repetitious as the callouts from Scared Stiff.

For me, it is the same with JP, Deadpool and The Beatles. The video that is there is there. The code is fine. And the games play fantastically. Add Munsters to the line up and nothing changes.

#9254 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I just emailed Dwight Sullivan again.. New code will benefit everyone... Even the naysayers!

[email protected]

#9255 3 years ago

I for one will miss WhoDey for his insight and passion for the hobby, as well as his love for Munsters. RIP

#9256 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I first ran into him as he was kicking ass over on the "worst code ever" forum where everyone was crying about the code and what a POS Munsters was. If he was championing for more code, I sure missed it because he absolutely was rabidly in love with Munsters as is, is my take on it.
I don't need more code. I am happy with how this pin plays 100%. I think John Borg and Stern did fantastic job. And as you recently noted, sales have been good.
It also seems to me that as time has passed the want for "more code" morphed into "more scenes from the TV show." I go over and play my friend's Batman 66 with all of its color clips from the show and within about 5 minutes it gets as repetitious as the callouts from Scared Stiff.
For me, it is the same with JP, Deadpool and The Beatles. The video that is there is there. The code is fine. And the games play fantastically. Add Munsters to the line up and nothing changes.

(Just look up yourself his past posts then PM me with an apology, it’s all there, saying he too would like some additional code.)

Seems your pretty easy to please my friend Cotton. You’re the only person I’ve seen saying we don’t need more code, but then again, your also one of the few that doesn’t like grandpa’s basement either. Lol

I would expect, that when we do finally get some proper Munsters polish, needed code enhancements and additional code to make it more worthy to stay in HUO environment, you won’t be downloading it to your machine, right? (How much is Stern/Dwight paying you to say we don’t need any further updates other than the paltry 2 we’ve received?) Lol (Unreal)

Now compare that with the love my TMNT machine has received: Munsters code basically stopped at 1.0 (.03 was only for the topper). TMNT just received another meaningful update to 1.23, with hints of more to come. Hmmm, paid the same price for both machines. From what you say here Cotton, you would have only downloaded TMNT 1.0 code and then stopped? Because that is what came in the box? Lol

#9257 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Here is one of his last posts.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/183#post-5928359

I think it represents his view over time.
Everyone can read and interpret from here.

RIP Who-Dey.
Play on pinball wizard in your next life.

#9258 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I want more code also, who doesn’t especially on a great game like this, but this game is fun as hell and it doesn’t deserve the bad press that it is getting from a few individuals on here. This game is not the total disaster that a few people are trying to make it out to be.

One thing I know Terry didn’t do. He didn’t publicly post sterns email addresses telling others to spam them for more code. That’s some tacky shit. Enjoy your game. Stop bugging Stern.

#9259 3 years ago

RIP Who-Dey, you will be missed my friend

#9260 3 years ago

12 Life Lessons.....

#9261 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I am happy with how this pin plays 100%.

Good for you, so please when a new code drop, Don't install it as you are happy where it sits now!

The rest of us are waiting for a code to make Munsters better than it sits atm.

#9262 3 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Good for you, so please when a new code drop, Don't install it as you are happy where it sits now!
The rest of us are waiting for a code to make Munsters better than it sits atm.

Best reply of the night.. Well said!!

#9263 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

One thing I know Terry didn’t do. He didn’t publicly post sterns email addresses telling others to spam them for more code. That’s some tacky shit. Enjoy your game. Stop bugging Stern.

The only thing tacky is “big mouths, gotta comment in every thread” like you coming into our owners thread. And it’s not “bugging” as in your high and mighty stupor put it, to ask for making a product better than it sits right now. History has shown us that Stern does make all their games better, so why shouldn’t we be asking them to do it for our abandoned Munsters machine that we paid full price for, like all the other games that get full treatment??? That is not spamming, it is called taking care of your customers concerns. Squeaky wheel gets the grease, but not expecting you to get it, as a non-owner, so post else where, as this thread is for owners.

#9264 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The only thing tacky is “big mouths, gotta comment in every thread” like you coming into our owners thread.

I came in here knowing how much Terry loved and stood up for this game hoping to see some great tributes and stories only to find a couple dudes pissing to mark their territory. Cool. And if memory serves chuckwurt was a buddy of his so well done guys.

#9265 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I came in here knowing how much Terry loved and stood up for this game hoping to see some great tributes and stories only to find a couple dudes pissing to mark their territory. Cool. And if memory serves chuckwurt was a buddy of his so well done guys.

Come on grow up, nobody is doing what your accusations are claiming. Plain nonsense for sure. Quit trying to stir things up! We’ve all said how Terrie will be missed here, so get off your high horse pal.

If chuck we’re a real “buddy”, he wouldn’t be in here trying to start something. Many of us were buddies with Terrie, so wake up.

#9266 3 years ago

No trying to start anything. I knew terry well and I know people at stern and I work for a private company as well where my email is not publicly posted.

It’s just not good form to share emails when not given permission. I’m sure your intentions are good, I’m just asking that people respect the fact that stern employees that do not publicly list their emails to at least ask them first if they are okay with you sharing their emails everywhere and if they are okay with people contacting them at any point.

I don’t think it’s too much to ask.

#9267 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No trying to start anything. I knew terry well and I know people at stern and I work for a private company as well where my email is not publicly posted.
It’s just not good form to share emails when not given permission. I’m sure your intentions are good, I’m just asking that people respect the fact that stern employees that do not publicly list their emails to at least ask them first if they are okay with you sharing their emails everywhere and if they are okay with people contacting them at any point.
I don’t think it’s too much to ask.

I agree with Chuck, it’s definitely not cool to spam email! Especially personal emails, The more emails they get the more it’s going to annoy them. The game is awesome, it is what it is.

#9268 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

it’s definitely not cool to spam email! Especially personal emails,

I get that, but I think part of it is on Stern. I sent two very respectful emails to Stern’s general customer service email address expressing concern about the EHoH topper price and lack of transparency as to features and number of units. It’s been weeks and I’ve never received a response. So, it’s well within Stern’s hands to avoid emails to personal accounts. All they need to do is respond to inquiries sent to the general customer service email address. Isn’t that what it’s there for? If they don’t, then people feel like they are being ignored (which they are) so they take the next step. Seems reasonable to me. Respect your customers.

#9269 3 years ago

Tech support, code bug emails, customer support emails, all fair game.

I’m talking emailing members of the dev team, management, etc without their permission.

Just ask em if they are okay with it. No big deal.

Customer service ghosting you is frustrating as I’ve had it happen to me. I always copy my distro and multiple people in their customer service division and follow up every couple days until they respond. Once they start responding, my issues get solved super fast. Definitely hard to get that first response though. Especially since Chas passed.

#9270 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Definitely hard to get that first response though

Then Stern needs to do a better job and the emails to personal accounts are on them. Copying distributors and being frustrated and getting ghosted shouldn’t be an acceptable part of the process. I think Stern is doing just fine financially. Hire another customer service person to respond. Pretty simple.

#9271 3 years ago

Who-Day, you will be missed. My you have a room full of pins in heaven.

#9272 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

(Just look up yourself his past posts then PM me with an apology, it’s all there, saying he too would like some additional code.)

I'm not going to waste my time.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Seems your pretty easy to please my friend Cotton. You’re the only person I’ve seen saying we don’t need more code, but then again, your also one of the few that doesn’t like grandpa’s basement either. Lol

The first 3 coins I dropped into Munsters was love at the end of Ball 1. I actually got to play for a little bit before the drain came. For this trip to the arcade, Munsters got the rest of my money. Fast and loose. Fair shots. At TPF in Dallas, I got to spend more time on Munsters on free play. On the way home, I stopped at the arcade again and Munsters got all my money. With in days I was shopping for one and found the LE I bought.

I never knew there was a problem until I stumbled onto the "worst code ever" thread.

I never said I did not like Grandpa's Basement. Don't be putting words in my mouth, please.

What I said was that I liked it with Grandpa's Lab turned off as the flow was a little different and a little faster. I also told people who own a Pro, or who were reluctant to buy a Pro that The Pro was no slouch of a pin. The Pro, on its own, needs no apology.

I am happy with the pin as it is. I am a happy customer. Is that criminal? The unhappy early adopters have sold out to others, who apparently are happy with their purchase. I do not recall reading any 2nd hand buyers waltz in and carp about the code. Maybe I have been the only one saying Munsters is fine as it is; But I'm willing to bet that I am not the only one who feels that it is fine as it is.

I recall several posts you have made about how Stern needs to do this or do that with the code---because it will help their sales. That's a bold statement to make when you have no inking of an idea of what Stern's sales objectives are/were. And then you come in talking how you talked with John Borg and yada yada and sales have been good.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

I spoke directly with John and he said that sales of Munsters was doing extremely well and better than they anticipated.

My question to you is: If sales are good and Dwight/Stern say Munsters is complete, then what motivation would Stern have to go back in a mess with something that is selling good? It is not like Stern is selling a piece of junk.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

I would expect, that when we do finally get some proper Munsters polish, needed code enhancements and additional code to make it more worthy to stay in HUO environment, you won’t be downloading it to your machine, right? (How much is Stern/Dwight paying you to say we don’t need any further updates other than the paltry 2 we’ve received?) Lol (Unreal)

I have not bothered to look into all that secret handshake stuff about if you press this flipper button so many times followed by pressing the other flipper so many times and back and forth. And while I would/will probably install any new code updates, it would be a long time after all of the early adopters have installed any new code.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Now compare that with the love my TMNT machine has received: Munsters code basically stopped at 1.0 (.03 was only for the topper). TMNT just received another meaningful update to 1.23, with hints of more to come. Hmmm, paid the same price for both machines. From what you say here Cotton, you would have only downloaded TMNT 1.0 code and then stopped? Because that is what came in the box? Lol

I have had an opportunity to play TMNT. It's OK. It is a little more difficult to learn, I suppose. The only thing I have to say about TMNT is that I have no desire to buy one and if I were to buy one if would have to be cheap enough that I would be able to get ALL my money when I sold it. I wouldn't bother to drive across town to pick up a TMNT unless it was dirt cheap, whereas I drove a 2000 mile/ 3200 km round trip to get my LE.

Quoted from cpr9999:

Here is one of his last posts.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/183#post-5928359
I think it represents his view over time.
Everyone can read and interpret from here.
RIP Who-Dey.
Play on pinball wizard in your next life.

Great. Who-Dey said it could use a little more code. I don't see him waving torches and pitchforks at Stern about "we need more code".

The man is not even in the ground yet and it seems like you want to proselytize his name to use to push an agenda that I don't think Who-Dey cared all that much about. And I take exception to that.

I mean, what do you want to do? Send Stern an email saying, " We lost one of our pinball brothers who really loved his Munsters, but he thought is needs more code. So will you, Stern, honor his wish and shoot out some more code in honor of Who-Dey so those of us still around can get new code for our Munsters?"

Quoted from Jnyvio:

My condolences R.I.P. Who-Dey. Lets push for new Munsters code on his behalf.. Who's with me..

Quoted from Thunderbird:

===============================================================

I also agree with Chuck Wert. It is poor form to be publicly outing Stern employees email addresses so everyone can pile on and flood their email boxes with emails begging for more code for a machine that you admitted that sales are good.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

I spoke directly with John and he said that sales of Munsters was doing extremely well and better than they anticipated.

If you don't like the pin then sell it. You should not have any trouble. There are currently 5 Pros and one Premium for sale on Pinside. Of the 6, 3 are are "sale pending". You should not have any trouble unloading.
====================================================================

EDIT: I should add that 4-5 years ago when I was starting out, I stopped at Cactus Jacks in Oklahoma City. Two of the pins I tried out were Ghostbusters and TWD. I did not like either one of them. They were too tough for a neophyte. My playing skills have improved and if I had the space I would not mind owning either one of them. Especially TWD. If a TWD came around, I might even consider folding up one of my classic Sterns for space and bringing one in the house.

I already have two folded up and that are not for sale. I will just consider myself to be one who has to rotate.

Stern needs a pin that will attract the poorer players into the hobby. Munsters, IMO, turned out to be that pin. Sorry about that.

#9273 3 years ago

Made it to Munsters Madness last night before blowing it. Awesome! I would like more code, why not, but it seems I still have a ways to go before I have explored everything with the game as it sits ...

#9274 3 years ago

you pretty much just did. other than a few different clips and slightly harder variations on munster madness and modes, IE more spot shots needed to start it, there is not much. Set your clock to midnight and enjoy a mode with no point or do the flipper trick mode if you want something different.

#9275 3 years ago

opps, double post. sorry about that.

#9276 3 years ago

Anyone gotten to MM III yet? Curious if the mode is different than MM II.

#9277 3 years ago

To Chucks point, if you get nowhere with service and parts. (As I did).

Contact sales and ask them if there is anyone else you can talk to.

I did this after 6 months of no progress getting my Stranger Things UV kit replaced.

Sales tried to point me to the regular parts folks but when I mentioned that it has been 5 months and gotten me nowhere, they immediately connected me to another person that was very helpful and followed through.

Was it more hassle than it should have been?

Absolutely. Did persistence and etiquette on my part pay off? Absolutely.

Until that point I’d been treated and communicated with better in the mod community by small businesses and hobbyists.

I’d like to say that experience is only my only Stern data point. But honestly every prior direct interaction I’ve had with Stern has been awkward in some way. Leaving me either hanging or feeling like a bad or weird person for bothering them.

From now on, I’m only dealing with them through a distributor. That has ALWAYs worked out for me:

Hemisphere’s
Game Room Guys
Flip n’ Out Pinball

All great distributors to work with.

#9278 3 years ago

I hope you all get some code love. If Stern doesn't want to do it on behalf of Munster's biggest advocate, their call. But they could at least send the family the 2 PF's he's well overdue.

(From the TMNT thread)

Quoted from Who-Dey:

It's ok to buy, just dont be mad when you get a bad playfield and then bad customer service from Stern. I'm just personally hesitant because #1 8K is a freakin boatload of money to me and #2 I have two bad playfields right now. My IMDN Premium has pooling and chipping and my Munsters has some nasty pooling that's going to really look like shit if it chips....and it will. Stern has done nothing for me yet and it's been over a year since i started talking to them. They have totally forgotten about me now.

Quoted from Chumbuket:

Who-Day, you will be missed. My you have a room full of pins in heaven.

Indeed.

#9279 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

To Chucks point, if you get nowhere with service and parts. (As I did).
Contact sales and ask them if there is anyone else you can talk to.
I did this after 6 months of no progress getting my Stranger Things UV kit replaced.
Sales tried to point me to the regular parts folks but when I mentioned that it has been 5 months and gotten me nowhere, they immediately connected me to another person that was very helpful and followed through.
Was it more hassle than it should have been?
Absolutely. Did persistence and etiquette on my part pay off? Absolutely.
Until that point I’d been treated and communicated with better in the mod community by small businesses and hobbyists.
I’d like to say that experience is only my only Stern data point. But honestly every prior direct interaction I’ve had with Stern has been awkward in some way. Leaving me either hanging or feeling like a bad or weird person for bothering them.
From now on, I’m only dealing with them through a distributor. That has ALWAYs worked out for me:
Hemisphere’s
Game Room Guys
Flip n’ Out Pinball
All great distributors to work with.

I used to be a corporate buyer. It was life on a telephone. Some of my buyer colleagues were real bastards when talking to, or yelling at, the poor customer service rep. They have a thankless job; They are at the bottom of the food chain with very little authority to make decisions. Every once in awhile, it was necessary to "elevate" my concerns to supervision. All I had to say is, " I need to speak with your supervisor." The CSR was usually relieved as this took them off the hook.

If you have a good distro you can work through, that is great. You are are working thru the chain of command.

#9280 3 years ago

For you all who are wanting to flood the Stern people with emails regarding code updates, understand the emails are as cheap as the band width they suck up.

If you want to have an impact, put your money where your mouth is. Send a Certified, signature required envelope to Stern's marketing dept. or send one to Dwight himself. It will cost you $7 or $8 dollars to do this, but it might get a little more attention than some cheap-shot email.

Just make sure you proofread your request letter before you send it off.

#9281 3 years ago

Deadpool just got a pretty large update today. Hope we see something. At this point I'd just like to see the multiplayer bugs with grandpa relighting for users already passed it and mystery stealing to be fixed. It makes playing it against others really annoying. The grandpa stacking with spot exploit would be a nice fix as well. I'd love to see more difference in the modes from level 1-2-3 and something worthwhile done with Eddie and Marylin as they are so underutilized.

Tiltforums has an excellent readout of the differences from each level. The changes are not significant. http://tiltforums.com/t/the-munsters-rulesheet/4781

I did put my money where my mouth is about this. I bought a GOTG instead of Turtles and don't plan on buying a Dwight coded machine again. Can't wait for it to get here so I can stick it next to my other Lonnie game Stranger Things I love Borgs layouts too.

#9282 3 years ago

Looks like nothing about MM III. And MM II is much different than MM I with scoring way higher.

#9283 3 years ago

I've not seen 3 on my machine but hasn't Deadflip gotten there. I don't remember seeing any difference. I'll take the glass off tonight and find out. Was planning on resetting my scores for my family's next covid classic tournament anyway

#9284 3 years ago

Dwight finally made GB right, I have faith..

#9285 3 years ago

really strange, I went to try and find the deadflip video he did on Apr 15, 2020 and it is gone. I remember him talking about how he thought he was getting new code for that video and then just played for a bit. Only the reveal streams are on youtube and nothing munsters on twitch anymore. I thought he got pretty far into the game that night as I watched for a while. I've been to munster madness 2 a few times now and it's harder but just more of the same. I didn't get to level 2 of mm2 where it switches to jackpots. Playing it didn't feel very different at all but I'm now going to test it tonight and will even video it and put it up here. A little rules exploration to fill in the gaps.

#9286 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

really strange, I went to try and find the deadflip video he did on Apr 15, 2020 and it is gone. I remember him talking about how he thought he was getting new code for that video and then just played for a bit. Only the reveal streams are on youtube and nothing munsters on twitch anymore. I thought he got pretty far into the game that night as I watched for a while. I've been to munster madness 2 a few times now and it's harder but just more of the same. I didn't get to level 2 of mm2 where it switches to jackpots. Playing it didn't feel very different at all but I'm now going to test it tonight and will even video it and put it up here. A little rules exploration to fill in the gaps.

That would be great.. Looking forward to your video.

*This is a good one;

#9287 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

For you all who are wanting to flood the Stern people with emails regarding code updates, understand the emails are as cheap as the band width they suck up.
If you want to have an impact, put your money where your mouth is. Send a Certified, signature required envelope to Stern's marketing dept. or send one to Dwight himself. It will cost you $7 or $8 dollars to do this, but it might get a little more attention than some cheap-shot email.
Just make sure you proofread your request letter before you send it off.

LOL - what are you smoking. Waste of $8 dollars. Call and send emails to Stern and your distributor just like you would do to any other consumer company. Stern is nothing special, they are a life brand company as they state. Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion (good or bad).

If I had pealing paint on my new car, or my new kitchen table, or stitches coming apart on my new couch I am calling and emailing my distributor, the manufacturing company and anyone else who can help resolve.

Stern needs to step up on issues - communications is key (even if they don’t agree with you). Letting people hang is piss poor customer service. You don’t always have to send back an email. You can make a public newsletter announcement for example. Figure out how to communicate!

After reading your posts be a big person, step up and apologize to Thunderbird per your post instead of ranting on. I see 2 different posts above showing Who-Dey would have appreciated some more code.

Quoted from cottonm4:

#9288 3 years ago

I've been to munster madness 2 a few times now and it's harder but just more of the same.

But it’s not. Three waves and leads to insane hurry ups in the third phase if you’ve crushed the first two levels. It is what MM I was in early code then Dwight moved it to MM II after a few updates.

MMI is just collect as many characters as you can before the timer runs out. Then hurry up at the scoop. Then it starts back at level 1.

Also MM I used the lower playfield. MM II doesn’t.

#9289 3 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

*This is a good one;

Thanks for posting the video. Never watched anyone reach Munster Madness level 3 before.

#9290 3 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

*This is a good one;

Weird. Seems like level 3 it’s only Lilly that’s lit and you collect all the yellow shots, then it goes to the hurry up phase like MM II then that’s it.

#9291 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Weird. Seems like level 3 it’s only Lilly that’s lit and you collect all the yellow shots, then it goes to the hurry up phase like MM II then that’s it.

If it matters... This video was Published on Jul 3rd, 2019 and the code he was playing on was an older version (v1.00).

#9292 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But it’s not. Three waves and leads to insane hurry ups in the third phase if you’ve crushed the first two levels. It is what MM I was in early code then Dwight moved it to MM II after a few updates.
MMI is just collect as many characters as you can before the timer runs out. Then hurry up at the scoop. Then it starts back at level 1.
Also MM I used the lower playfield. MM II doesn’t.

MM1 is just dumbed down version of 2. I don't have a lower playfield as I only have the pro. I just went thru the whole thing with the glass off on my machine. It's just variations on the same thing. 90% of the game is shoot orbit shoot ramp. MM 3 is only slightly harder than mm 2. You have to qualify each family member before then moving on. Once you complete the jackpots in 3 there is not much going on to tell you what to shoot for as everything is lit. The hurry up phase is just the same. Shoot ramp shoot orbit. Honestly it took me 40 minutes to walk thru the whole thing with the glass off and after 20 I was bored. It's just more of the same. Shoot ramp, shoot orbit, shoot family member to relight. Happy to post the video I took if anyone cares but I'm already bored of it.

#9293 3 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

If it matters... This video was Published on Jul 3rd, 2019 and the code he was playing on was an older version (v1.00).

I think there were a few scoring tweaks after 1.0 but it was mostly topper code updates so not a big difference

#9294 3 years ago

I just ran the test again but without the video, I don't see any real difference between mm2 and mm3.The official munsters rule sheet doesn't list munster madness 1 or 3 as a thing and it talks about perks in 2 that I didn't notice getting. Maybe I did but they just are not that noticeable. I'll go back and look at the video when it's ready. The tilt forums one is definitely the closest. I don't feel like trying but it looks like it would just continue going on to mm 4-5-6-7 as far as you are playing but be the same thing. I also noticed that you roll the game score when you hit 1 billion. Most other stern games decrease the font to fit the score. I didn't let the score take to see what shows on the scoreboard.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Munsters-Rule-Sheet.pdf

I remember MM2 being the first MM that you hit. Probably why I just see MM1 as a dumbed down version. going for the same stuff over and over and over is pretty grating.

#9295 3 years ago

Here's the video. This really is an exploration video as I really didn't understand the rules around munster madness 2/3. Now that I do my opinion has not changed. It's basically shoot the family member as if starting mode, collect bonus that means nothing, which then starts hurry up mode. Once hurry up is done choose another family member to collect and repeat. Eddie seems to be the most benefit for the modes to go for first. The hurry ups are, as far as I can tell, always the ramps/orbits. So get really good at the ramp/orbit shots on this game as they are what you go for most often.

MM1 is around 10 minutes, MM2 around 20, and MM3 around 35 or so I think.

One thing I did test is the get grandpa ready, start spot, and then start grandpa to stack them. It works on each trip to munster madness. Stack lily with them and it's a really fast way to get 3x kitty shot going into the lucrative multiballs.

#9296 3 years ago

Here's the video. This really is an exploration video as I really didn't understand the rules around munster madness 2/3. Now that I do my opinion has not changed. It's basically shoot the family member as if starting mode, collect bonus that means nothing, which then starts hurry up mode. Once hurry up is done choose another family member to collect and repeat. Eddie seems to be the most benefit for the modes to go for first. The hurry ups are, as far as I can tell, always the ramps/orbits. So get really good at the ramp/orbit shots on this game as they are what you go for most often.

MM1 is around 10 minutes, MM2 around 20, and MM3 around 35 or so I think.
One thing I did test is the get grandpa ready, start spot, and then start grandpa to stack them. It works on each trip to munster madness. Stack lily with them and it's a really fast way to get 3x kitty shot going into the lucrative multiballs.

Nicely done.. Thank you!

#9297 3 years ago

I don't think emailbombing directly guys from stern will help much. They should know that many people are not satisfied with the code that is munsters.
A lot of guys sent emails from the "worst code ever" thread directly. And again a lot of guys from the "what can be done to make better" thread.

For me personaly i like munsters like it is. It's not complicated but thats what i like. Coming home from work doing some games. Just playing with an easy ruleset to relax and no need to print out Rule-sheet-book. And if i acomplish something then just lets try again a little harder than before.

But tastes differ.

but i was glad that i found the email addresses for dwight and john on the forum. I contacted them once when i found about the secret mania step (whisper in the ear and shake hand...) living abroad i will not attend a pinball convention, with meeting stern guys
They were kind and very responsive and helped me with the next step.

1 week later
#9298 3 years ago

12 days with no bitching or fighting on this thread. Back to the top. And yes I have a LE and love it.

#9299 3 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

12 days with no bitching or fighting on this thread. Back to the top. And yes I have a LE and love it.

I WANT MY MAYPO

#9300 3 years ago

LOL,

Great timing. Had a nice game last night. Love starting Raven Multiball. Also, The combo hitting Spot is really satisfying.

Quoted from BowlingJim:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/186 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.