IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg

There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 237.
#9151 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Yeah and I love Supersonic too. Okay as I said fair enough. You’re certainly 1) not alone in feeling that way and 2) entitled to feel that way if you feel you have been wronged and 3) free (relatively speaking) to post what you want where you want. I’m going to be biased toward JJP naturally and there are certainly problems but I’ve been in this hobby since I bought my first EM at 17 and pinball is why I’m here at the end of the day. I’m not denying the central idea of what you’re saying for sure. So that’s cool.

It's all good, I'm just sick of these companies not doing their customers right.

#9152 3 years ago

wow, noticed all these new chats, and thought an update must have dropped..
Owell can dream I guess

#9153 3 years ago
Quoted from davej:

I'm looking for a Munsters topper, seem to be sold out everywhere. If anyone has one let me know.

Great American pinball says they still have one - probably because they are listing it for $650. That is the same price as the JP topper they have listed.

https://www.greatamericanpinball.com/product-page/munsters-topper

#9154 3 years ago

I saw the one at Great American, a bit steep for me right now. thanks

#9155 3 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Great American pinball says they still have one - probably because they are listing it for $650. That is the same price as the JP topper they have listed.

Wow.....thats $225 too high.....

#9156 3 years ago
Quoted from davej:

I saw the one at Great American, a bit steep for me right now. thanks

I paid $499 +Shipping +Tax.. It ended up being around $567.. However, i was told by the seller that this was the 2nd revision and that all the bugs were worked out from the 1st run.. I'm not sure how true this is but i can say mine works 100% perfect everytime.. He had just gotten 20 freshly built units in.. By the end of the week they were all sold.. This was a month ago.. And he's not getting anymore in.. If you really want one.. You should buy it before someone else does.. And good luck finding one once its gone.. Is it pricey, Yes.. But its not like there is a hundred or so around.. I would jump on it.. Seriously, its so worth it... Everyone that comes over and sees it goes crazy over it.. Here's a quick video of it on YouTube.

#9157 3 years ago

Does anyone else find their hand gets sore from using the lower playfield flipper buttons. Not sure why the put them lower than the playfield flipper buttons?

#9158 3 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Does anyone else find their hand gets sore from using the lower playfield flipper buttons. Not sure why the put them lower than the playfield flipper buttons?

I play with my index fingers so my middle fingers fit perfectly on the lower playfield buttons. Not an issue for me at all.

#9159 3 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

I paid $599 +Shipping +Tax.. It ended up being around $667.. However, i was told by the seller that this was the 2nd revision and that all the bugs were worked out from the 1st run.. I'm not sure how true this is but i can say mine works 100% perfect everytime.. He had just gotten 20 freshly built units in.. By the end of the week they were all sold.. This was a month ago.. And he's not getting anymore in.. If you really want one.. You should buy it before someone else does.. And good luck finding one once its gone.. Is it pricey, Yes.. But its not like there is a hundred or so around.. I would jump on it.. Seriously, its so worth it... Everyone that comes over and sees it goes crazy over it.. Here's a quick video of it on YouTube.

I gave this some serious thought...I just don't see it, I can afford it, but still can't justify the increase now that it is working. To those that have it..all good wishes..

$667.00 ?? it's a no, because nothing has changed (other then it is supposedly working now).

The bugs worked out... cost even more then it was released at??...really?? wow. Why do "we" need to pay for that???

Somehow this just seems shaky at best. We are supposed to pay more for sterns inability to do it right the 1st (and even 2nd time ) ??

Go ahead and hit me... but, this just stinks.

Plz explain to me why the increase in cost (because of them releasing it "NOT" working as expected the 1st time) should be a increase to the consumer..Now?

Guess it is our fault, for wanting it to work right..and the fix is now added to the cost.

#9160 3 years ago

I think there are just not many left and distros are doing what they always do with short supply and high demand. Increasing the price.

#9161 3 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I gave this some serious thought...I just don't see it, I can afford it, but still can't justify the increase now that it is working. To those that have it..all good wishes..
$667.00 ?? it's a no, because nothing has changed (other then it is supposedly working now).
The bugs worked out... cost even more then it was released at??...really?? wow. Why do "we" need to pay for that???
Somehow this just seems shaky at best. We are supposed to pay more for sterns inability to do it right the 1st (and even 2nd time ) ??
Plz explain to me why the increase in cost (because of them releasing it "NOT" working as expected the 1st time) should be a increase to the consumer..Now?
Guess it is our fault, for wanting it to work right..and the fix is now added to the cost.

Totally agree.

#9162 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Totally agree.

Thank-you

#9163 3 years ago

I bought the last topper that was on ebay for $500 a few weeks ago thanks to the heads up from a fellow owner in this thread and it works 100%. I am having 1 dilemma though I dont have a computer and I bought an adapter for USB for my phone but I can't get my machine to read the download. Could I get a fellow pro owner to send me a verified working usb? I would gladly pay for the usb, shipping and send out a glass pipe or glass ink pen for a non smoker made by me. I'd love to have the new code on for my halloween tournament.

#9164 3 years ago

Dang... when I saw all the activity in this thread I thought some new code got dropped. Oh well... maybe someday

#9165 3 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

These distributors want to raise the price on games every time that a game becomes hard to find and they got one, thats a slap in the face to their loyal customers. They also claim that they are not allowed to sell a game below a certain price but yet they are allowed to price gouge their customers all that they want, thats bullshit.

#9166 3 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Don't think it was the fix, pretty sure it's just the demand - its a great topper. I was lucky to get mine at the $430 original price from Marco after missing out the first time around (thanks once again to gorditas for posting they were in stock), as retailer prices started to rise on this second batch almost immediately based on demand. The JP topper price went the other way, dropping down $300 because folks didn't see the value in a $1000 topper. Maybe $600 isn't the value price point, but I suspect they will still sell as compared to JP at that price point, since IMO it is the better of the two toppers.

#9167 3 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

My bad... I just looked at my receipt... I paid $499.. +Tax, +Shipping.. $567 total.

*I came across this cool Munsters lightup sign if anyone's interested..

https://fansignstime.com/the-munsters-led-neon-sign?93=8&159=6&gclid=Cj0KCQjw59n8BRD2ARIsAAmgPmJBY2JyR7CXM5N2nMoM3-z6sDbRKmZyvP0XEoFk0Us5FABBalCG4wsaAuzxEALw_wcB

#9168 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I bought the last topper that was on ebay for $500 a few weeks ago thanks to the heads up from a fellow owner in this thread and it works 100%. I am having 1 dilemma though I dont have a computer and I bought an adapter for USB for my phone but I can't get my machine to read the download. Could I get a fellow pro owner to send me a verified working usb? I would gladly pay for the usb, shipping and send out a glass pipe or glass ink pen for a non smoker made by me. I'd love to have the new code on for my halloween tournament.

Send me a PM, @puffdanny. If you are in Monroe, I am close enough to just come install it for you.

#9169 3 years ago

I’d love a topper but not at that price. And tbh as much as I love the interaction of it, I’m easily distracted from things like the skill shot countdown anyway, so this probably wouldn’t be good for me!

#9170 3 years ago

Saw over 40 new posts and thought maybe there was new code.

Munsters topper is awesome. Really complements the game well. If you have the game and want the topper I wouldn’t wait too long to get one. Can’t imagine Stern is going to bother to make more.

#9171 3 years ago

Guess its me...I am too busy playing the game to look at what the topper is doing..... lol

#9172 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Saw over 40 new posts and thought maybe there was new code.
Munsters topper is awesome. Really complements the game well. If you have the game and want the topper I wouldn’t wait too long to get one. Can’t imagine Stern is going to bother to make more.

Well said!! lol How cool that would have been if Stern was to pay homage to The Munsters and have new code released by Halloween.

#9173 3 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Well said!! lol How cool that would have been if Stern was to pay homage to The Munsters and have new code released by Halloween.

I will be the only one that is mad since I have difficulty downloading code and gorditas is taking care of me tomorrow lol

#9174 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I will be the only one that is mad since I have difficulty downloading code and gorditas is taking care of me tomorrow lol

Its easy to update the games code.. There are several YouTube videos on it.. Just use a brand name usb stick such as SanDisc.

#9175 3 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Its easy to update the games code.. There are several YouTube videos on it.. Just use a brand name usb stick such as SanDisc.

He doesn't have a computer. It is rather difficult to do without a computer to unzip the file and then transfer to a USB stick.

I do have a computer, and was willing to load the code to a USB stick for him and drop it in the mail.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9176 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Well, when that happens, send the USB back and I'll help you again!

#9177 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

He doesn't have a computer. It is rather difficult to do without a computer to unzip the file and then transfer to a USB stick.
I do have a computer, and was willing to load the code to a USB stick for him and drop it in the mail.

That's very nice of you.. I'm sure he'll send it back.. The YouTube video is useful in showing him what to do with the usb stick once its obtained by you.

#9178 3 years ago
Quoted from gordonshumway:

Looking serious at a Pro. Anybody can chime in here. Is it a mistake not to go premium on this pin? How is the overall reliability of the Munsters? For a low play HUO machine, what is a good price? No mods per se. Thanks. Any input is well appreciated.

The thing about the premium is you can turn off the lower playfield if you decide you don’t like it.

The table looks great with it either way.

I played a Pro and it was fast and fun. When I learned of the Premium and the lower PF I had to have more! Having owned it for a year now I honestly think I might have gotten bored of it without the lower pf and raven topper.

I do have Stranger Things Premium next to it The code on ST is very deep (not as deep as a JJP game tho) but pf wise it honestly feels very bare and bland to me right next to my decked out Munsters Premium.

Since you mention liking less deep games I think you could appreciate both the Munsters Pro and Premium.

#9179 3 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Regarding the topper price increases. I spoke with someone at Stern while sorting out my Stranger Things UV kit mix up and we talked about toppers. They mentioned some prices on toppers and things were needing to increase to cover tightening up assembly and qa. I took that to mean they’re acknowledging they’ve been understaffed or under equipped in that area.

You may be right that the parts list may be exactly the same, but it costs money to hire more people and/or bring in new tools and processes.

I think that’s the reason for the markup.

They supposedly took an absolute mud bath and went all kinds of upside down on the Black Knight topper.

So it could kinda be our “fault”. Want it done right? Apparently they can do that but it costs more.

#9180 3 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

I’d love a topper but not at that price. And tbh as much as I love the interaction of it, I’m easily distracted from things like the skill shot countdown anyway, so this probably wouldn’t be good for me!

Toppers should be a standard with the LE models anyway
Just another Cash cow grab!

#9181 3 years ago

Anyone add any lighting to the Munsters pro? Rather dark playfield. Not interested in Pinstadiums, just a couple spotlights perhaps...

#9182 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Anyone add any lighting to the Munsters pro? Rather dark playfield. Not interested in Pinstadiums, just a couple spotlights perhaps...

I have the Premium B&W.. I litup the rear entrance/exit ramps in Purple & Green.. And did the Red S•P•O•T flasher ramp mod.. However, if your looking to add even more color.. Pinmonk sells this "Amazing" D•R•A•G•U•L•A mod for all versions.. I just ordred it.. It changes the plain White D•R•A•G•U•L•A lightup letters to a more colorful Orange & Yellow.. It really complements the L•I•L•Y letters on the opposite side of the playfield.. Check it out.. I also ordered the Sewage Pipe 3D mod.. They just came back in stock.

*3D Sewage Pipe mod;

https://mezelmods.com/products/the-munsters-pinball-sewage-pipe

*S•P•O•T ramp flasher mod;

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/the-munsters-pinball-spot-lighted-ramp-flasher

*Rear Ramp lightup kit;

https://mezelmods.com/products/the-munsters-pinball-ramp-illumination

*D•R•A•G•U•L•A mod;
https://pinmonk.com/products/the-munsters-d-r-a-g-u-l-a-bracket?_pos=1&_sid=83d8a9cc3&_ss=r
20201028_172404 (resized).jpg20201028_172404 (resized).jpg
20201028_173310 (resized).jpg20201028_173310 (resized).jpg

20201028_173709 (resized).jpg20201028_173709 (resized).jpg
20201028_174503 (resized).jpg20201028_174503 (resized).jpg

#9183 3 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

I have the Premium B&W.. I litup the rear entrance/exit ramps in Purple & Green.. And did the Red S•P•O•T flasher ramp mod.. However, if your looking to add even more color.. Pinmonk sells this "Amazing" D•R•A•G•U•L•A mod for all versions.. I just ordred it.. It changes the plain White D•R•A•G•U•L•A lightup letters to a more colorful Orange & Yellow.. It really complements the L•I•L•Y letters on the opposite side of the playfield.. Check it out.. I also ordered the Sewage Pipe 3D mod.. They just came back in stock.
*3D Sewage Pipe mod;
https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/the-munsters-pinball-spot-lighted-ramp-flasher
*Rear Ramp lightup kit;
*D•R•A•G•U•L•A mod;
https://pinmonk.com/products/the-munsters-d-r-a-g-u-l-a-bracket?_pos=1&_sid=83d8a9cc3&_ss=r
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Plus one for these mods. I have them on my Munsters and they look fantastic.

#9184 3 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

*3D Sewage Pipe mod;
*Rear Ramp lightup kit;
*D•R•A•G•U•L•A mod;
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I’ve got them on mine too and think they really add to the look and feel of Munsters.

6138A456-154C-4B19-80CA-289C6D94605C (resized).jpeg6138A456-154C-4B19-80CA-289C6D94605C (resized).jpeg

BFA2422F-4B51-4640-AC55-B1C70CA92261 (resized).jpegBFA2422F-4B51-4640-AC55-B1C70CA92261 (resized).jpeg
#9185 3 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Raised to $800 now.

#9186 3 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Raised to $800 now.

That didn't take long

#9187 3 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Raised to $800 now.

Someone of good intelligence could just buy their "used LE flloor model" for "only" $10,000 +Tax, +Shipping, +Handling, +Holiday Pay, +Mint Condition Floor Model Fee, +No Box Fee, +Already Has a Topper Fee+, +Installation of Topper Fee, +Heart Attack Fee when you see the pending Invoice. . (Yes i'm being sarcastic)..

https://www.greatamericanpinball.com/product-page/munster-s-pinball-machine-le
20201029_104738 (resized).jpg20201029_104738 (resized).jpg

#9188 3 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Someone of good intelligence could just buy their "used LE flloor model" for "only" $10,000 +Tax, +Shipping, +Handling, +Holiday Pay, +Floor Model Fee, +Heart Attack Fee, +Already has a topper installed Fee. (Yes i'm being sarcastic)..
https://www.greatamericanpinball.com/product-page/munster-s-pinball-machine-le
[quoted image]

Interesting that the pics on their website do not show a complete pin with the topper on. Instead, there are these cropped pics with the upper part of the back box cut off.

#9189 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/94#post-5049953

#9190 3 years ago

Thanks! This is what I need to do. The middle of the PF is quite dark on the pro. Plus, others made good mod references! Thanks all!

#9191 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I’ve got them on mine too and think they really add to the look and feel of Munsters.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Gotta luv SPOT's can of Doggie Din Din!! Another great mod..

20201029_133555 (resized).jpg20201029_133555 (resized).jpg20201029_133624 (resized).jpg20201029_133624 (resized).jpg

20201029_220114 (resized).jpg20201029_220114 (resized).jpg
#9192 3 years ago

Had Halloween party and Munsters was the hit of the night! Still so many cool and fun Munsters show clips could be added. Come on Dwight, please!

#9193 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Had Halloween party and Munsters was the hit of the night! Still so many cool and fun Munsters show clips could be added. Come on Dwight, please!

I actually sent an email to Stern's tech support the other day.. I mentioned Dwight Sullivan and George Gomez.. I asked if 1.03 code was the final code.. But I doubt anyone will reply.. I'm nobody to these guys.. I agree, so many more good clips to be added..

*Hey guys.... How about the episode where eddie calls out ZOMBO as a big fake!! That was one of my favorites!! Which ones do you guys like??

20201031_100912 (resized).jpg20201031_100912 (resized).jpg

#9194 3 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

I actually sent an email to Stern's tech support the other day.. I mentioned Dwight Sullivan and George Gomez.. I asked if 1.03 code was the final code.. But I doubt anyone will reply.. I'm nobody to these guys.

Unrelated to Munsters, I’ve sent two very respectful emails to Stern expressing a couple of concerns about another title and never got a response. It’s pretty disappointing. It also feels a bit arrogant to me. Anyway....

#9195 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Unrelated to Munsters, I’ve sent two very respectful emails to Stern expressing a couple of concerns about another title and never got a response. It’s pretty disappointing. It also feels a bit arrogant to me. Anyway....

That's too bad.. A great company like Stern... Having their employees forgetting where they came from... Well i guess i won't be holding my breathe waiting for a reply.

#9196 3 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

That's too bad.. A great company like Stern... Having their employees forgetting where they came from... Well i guess i won't be holding my breathe waiting for a reply.

It just makes me look harder at other companies like JJP for my next purchase. Pins are pretty expensive toys and I’d like to think the customers would be treated with a little more respect as a result. However, what do I know?!

#9197 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Quoted from Jnyvio:

Quoted from Krupps4:

It just makes me look harder at other companies like JJP for my next purchase. Pins are pretty expensive toys and I’d like to think the customers would be treated with a little more respect as a result. However, what do I know?!

Do you have any idea how many emails Stern receives from concerned owners everyday?

When I was working corporate as a buyer it was not uncommon to open up my email every morning I would be looking at 100 new emails to sort through. Everyday.

Stern has a lot of customers. And it might be hard for anyone to send an email that really stands out. I doubt the employees forget where they came from, but those who are sitting in front of a computer all day long probably have an in-basket that is flowing over.

Considering how much sniveling that goes on on pinside, I would not be too hard on Stern. I can only imagine that Stern gets it fill of concerned emails that wind up in the recycle bin.

#9198 3 years ago

I think Stern could be a bit better in their public relations. I had a GB and AS both with cracked cabinets. I just notified Stern to let them know. I never heard back.

#9199 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I think Stern could be a bit better in their public relations. I had a GB and AS both with cracked cabinets. I just notified Stern to let them know. I never heard back.

Customer service reps can get really really busy fielding contacts from irate customers.
Did you ask for a reply when you sent your notification?

What were you expecting to happen that did not happen?

#9200 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Customer service reps can get really really busy fielding contacts from irate customers.
Did you ask for a reply when you sent your notification?
What were you expecting to happen that did not happen?

Sounds like Stern should just close down their email system like other companies- that would make things easier for them....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/184?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.