IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg

There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 237.
#9001 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Power blades are not worth it, unless you don’t mind junky looking art blades.

Pretty much why I only buy Sterns art blades now, these aftermarket ones rarely match the same art style and most don’t even appear to be trying, just photoshop anything and everything into them.

#9002 3 years ago
Quoted from Jasonba:

Snapped the stud off of the lower play field mounting insert. Before I dismantle any further, does anybody know if the stud is part of the black plastic.
Thanks in advance
Jason
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like those are “pem studs”.
You either have to replace the black ring (if cheap enough) or go to local machine shop.

another thought- call Stern to see if they send a replacement for free.

#9003 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Looks like those are “pem studs”.
You either have to replace the black ring (if cheap enough) or go to local machine shop.
another thought- call Stern to see if they send a replacement for free.

I'm happy to replace the black ring, just wasn't sure if the studs were a part of that or screwed into the playfield itself.
I'll contact my distributor first and see what they say.

#9004 3 years ago

Is there any update or does anyone know if stern rectified the issue with the wire form near Herman from bending?
cheers

#9005 3 years ago

I sent the info to Pablo and he said he would send it to the product manager but I never heard anything back other than that. Honestly I don't expect they will fix it. The 3d printed fix has worked great for me.

#9006 3 years ago

Finally! Munsters has landed!

88DFECFA-7C8C-4860-83F1-E22B82C31C6A (resized).jpeg88DFECFA-7C8C-4860-83F1-E22B82C31C6A (resized).jpeg2292397F-AAFF-4CF8-A957-CE442B22531C (resized).jpeg2292397F-AAFF-4CF8-A957-CE442B22531C (resized).jpeg
#9007 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Finally! Munsters has landed!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!

#9008 3 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Is there any update or does anyone know if stern rectified the issue with the wire form near Herman from bending?
cheers

for me the same as C0untDeM0net. I emailed and never anything more back.
I played a lot of games meanwhile with the 3d-print in place. No further bending. The print is holding.

It's still online:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4276887

should have sold the desing to stern

#9009 3 years ago

Been playing it quite a bit today. Not getting the negative response this game has. It’s very fun. The entire package is done well. Maybe not a deep game but, certainly a very fun game.
That light show!!! Happy to be part of the club.

#9010 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Been playing it quite a bit today. Not getting the negative response this game has. It’s very fun. The entire package is done well. Maybe not a deep game but, certainly a very fun game.

Munsters is the funnest shitty game that I have ever played!

Edit: oops I meant funnest not funniest.

#9011 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Hit it on the head!!!
Great game.

#9012 3 years ago

Apron cards anyone? Thanks

#9013 3 years ago

Can’t believe what a difference these fluorescent green plastics make! The look beautiful and definitely complete the Munsters look

02382F88-AF0F-4B0E-8EE2-8C4B275C60CE (resized).jpeg02382F88-AF0F-4B0E-8EE2-8C4B275C60CE (resized).jpeg112B2B9A-FCCA-4F00-B546-82B8ACEC9342 (resized).jpeg112B2B9A-FCCA-4F00-B546-82B8ACEC9342 (resized).jpeg5466B17B-C20E-498D-B1E0-F74B3A8FAA8F (resized).jpeg5466B17B-C20E-498D-B1E0-F74B3A8FAA8F (resized).jpeg
#9014 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Can’t believe what a difference these fluorescent green plastics make! The look beautiful and definitely complete the Munsters look
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get these?

#9016 3 years ago

Just had a blast on my mates LE, LOVE the ramps on this game! Anyone else hearing that Dwight is working on a new title while finishing off TMNT? With a little more love on the code this game would be killer!

#9017 3 years ago

While my Munsters is sitting powered on Standby it makes a knocking sound about every 5 minutes or so a single knock? I can here it from the other rooms of the house. Possibly like the noise Herman makes when you hit him. Is this normal? And when Herman moves is he supposed to sound a little like loose chains? Or is something need tightening below? Thanks guys
Maybe these two things are connected and not right?
Love the game though!

#9018 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

While my Munsters is sitting powered on Standby it makes a knocking sound about every 5 minutes or so a single knock?

Are you sure you aren't hearing Spot? He pops up every few minutes.

#9019 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Are you sure you aren't hearing Spot? He pops up every few minutes.

I guess that what I needed to know. Thanks!!!

I haven’t been in the room to watch what happens .

#9020 3 years ago

There is a setting to turn off spot in attract mode

#9021 3 years ago

Ok Thanks. I was at work and just thought about it. I figured I'd ask.

#9022 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

While my Munsters is sitting powered on Standby it makes a knocking sound about every 5 minutes or so a single knock? I can here it from the other rooms of the house. Possibly like the noise Herman makes when you hit him. Is this normal? And when Herman moves is he supposed to sound a little like loose chains? Or is something need tightening below? Thanks guys
Maybe these two things are connected and not right?
Love the game though!

In attract mode the game pops Spot up from under the ramp every few minutes.

#9023 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

In attract mode the game pops Spot up from under the ramp every few minutes.

... and this can be disabled in the settings, if desired.

#9024 3 years ago

I want to clean the window for gandpa's lab. Has anyone done this? Would removing from the top be best or under the playfield removing the entire lower playfield? I'm thinking under is best as i hate messing with the upper playfield.

any advice?

#9025 3 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I want to clean the window for gandpa's lab. Has anyone done this? Would removing from the top be best or under the playfield removing the entire lower playfield? I'm thinking under is best as i hate messing with the upper playfield.
any advice?

I always remove from under, it’s way easier! Also I used rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball in small circles, cleaned up beautiful

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9026 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

I always remove from under, it’s way easier! Also I used rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball in small circles, cleaned up beautiful

Awesome thanks. That's what I figured. Going from the top I could just imagine some issue happening.

cheers!!

#9027 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The dust haze happens on the inside of the window. You can open any of you're games, and you'll notice it if you raise the pf...lots of mechs down there working away. As they wear, the dust follows ( like rubbers on top side).
I clean both sides of the window w a new microfiber cloth to avoid scratching. Just spray it on and wipe it off like cleaning glass.
Though the mini playfield is super easy to take out ( 4 screws and a couple wiring connections) I take the plastic off from the top to clean. Alot easier than doing it while still attached to the playfield.
Alignment really not as bad as some state, just make sure you're using a quality torx T10 driver, not an offbrand which may not fit exactly. Window drops in place, don't go crazy on tightening, and use a straightedge to make sure it's flush w playfield ( I just use my finger to feel for a ridge).
Happy cleaning!!!

I also do this...no big deal.

#9028 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

And when Herman moves is he supposed to sound a little like loose chains? Or is something need tightening below?

Yes... there is a clinking sound similar to loose chains, so it's normal. Not exactly sure why because I don't recall any chains as part of Herman's character or in any episode, but maybe I missed it. In any case, at least one pinsider put some foam or something similar to stop the sound (search previous posts), but I actually have grown to like the sound and would never change it myself.

#9029 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Yes... there is a clinking sound similar to loose chains, so it's normal. Not exactly sure why because I don't recall any chains as part of Herman's character or in any episode, but maybe I missed it. In any case, at least one pinsider put some foam or something similar to stop the sound (search previous posts), but I actually have grown to like the sound and would never change it myself.

I don’t know about chains but Herman has a plate that is pulled up by the magnet so as the magnet pulses it knocks and I don’t understand where the knock comes from In the series but I like it,check if yours is loose,.you can just remove the plate with a few screws if you don’t want the knock

#9030 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Munsters is the funnest shitty game that I have ever played!
Edit: oops I meant funnest not funniest.

I think was is happening, is the collectors now getting their hands on Munsters do not have preconceived expectations on what the game should be code wise. They have read the negative code press,but,also see some people stating how much fun the game is in its present state. They are most likely buying in the secondary market at a discount off NIB prices and they are really happy how much fun the game really is .

With one of the best toppers out there (Black Knight wins that category), with one of the best mini play fields , the game plays mechanically at three levels. Now throw in a really beautiful game, a great light show, very rewarding ramp shots, spot mode, raven taunts, and the ability to risk jack pots the game kinda reminds me of Tron and Ironman when they first came out. Both Tron and IM were trashed early on ( yes on pin side) as too empty of playfields, not enough toys, here Stern goes in the “cheap mode”. I bought a Tron NIB for 3900 because no one wanted them. Let’s see what do all three of these games have in Common ? The same designer Mr Borg!!

Yes we all want some more code, better use of assets, but this is a fun game just like Tron and IM.

#9031 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I think was is happening, is the collectors now getting their hands on Munsters do not have preconceived expectations on what the game should be code wise. They have read the negative code press,but,also see some people stating how much fun the game is in its present state. They are most likely buying in the secondary market at a discount off NIB prices and they are really happy how much fun the game really is .
With one of the best toppers out there (Black Knight wins that category), with one of the best mini play fields , the game plays mechanically at three levels. Now throw in a really beautiful game, a great light show, very rewarding ramp shots, spot mode, raven taunts, and the ability to risk jack pots the game kinda reminds me of Tron and Ironman when they first came out. Both Tron and IM were trashed early on ( yes on pin side) as too empty of playfields, not enough toys, here Stern goes in the “cheap mode”. I bought a Tron NIB for 3900 because no one wanted them. Let’s see what do all three of these games have in Common ? The same designer Mr Borg!!
Yes we all want some more code, better use of assets, but this is a fun game just like Tron and IM.

(Haven’t written anything “Munster talk” in ages.)

Yes, this game has been unfairly trashed talked by a few on Pinside. It is one of the best games that has the most potential to meteorically rise out of the Pinside top 100 basement (think last saw it at number 83, lol), if Dwight @xavery would do right by us and just add some needed tweaks, adjustments and additional modes to Munsters. Put Secret Mania to automatically play within the game, so we don’t have to punch the flippers 20 times, every time we start a game to have it in play during a game for instance. My wife knows I’m playing Munsters over all our other machines, because she hears me pounding the flipper sequence every time I start a game. Sure is getting old to have to do that now.

If Dwight (one of the very best coders in pinball, imo) would give Munsters even half the attention to detail he’s given to the masterful job he’s done on TMNT, Munsters would go from being the butt of many jokes here on Pinside, to the respected title it should be. Come on, Munsters code is only at 1.03 and TMNT is already at 1.22, with more on the way! .03 of Munsters code only dealt with the topper, so essentially Munsters only has had a couple of code updates from release to 1.0! Now I’ve seen all the unused call outs, Munsters scenes, etc in pinball browser, just sitting there, not doing anything. Still don’t believe Dwight is going to leave us in the lurch, with all those loaded assets in the code, remaining only at a measly 1.0???

Munsters will get more love, says Borg, but until then, it is good fun the way it is. I’m constantly getting to level 3 now and think it still has that one more game feel to it. People who listen to the naysayers are missing one of the most fun games ever, imo. Go Munsters! And go Dwight in making Munsters great, not just good!

#9032 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Munsters will get more love, says Borg, but until then, it is good fun the way it is. I’m constantly getting to level 3 now and think it still has that one more game feel to it. People who listen to the naysayers are missing one of the most fun games ever, imo. Go Munsters! And go Dwight in making Munsters great, not just good!

Code update is scheduled for 2022.

#9033 3 years ago

Wait. There’s a secret mode?! What’s the flipper code?

(Sorry...late to the party)

#9034 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

Wait. There’s a secret mode?! What’s the flipper code?
(Sorry...late to the party)

cabal discovered and wrote this up for us:

Hi Munster Madness is triggered with completing all 5 modes, Herman, Raven, Lily, Spot Grandpa
Secret Mania needs to be activated. You do the Flipper code for DAD = 4 1 4 = BLLLLRLRLLLLRR
B=Both
L=Left
R=Right
This needs to be done in an active game, not the attract mode.
For muliplayer it has to be done for each player individual. The Code will persist the whole game. If a ball drains it will still be active for the next Ball.
The last think i know on my pro machine is to go into grandpas lab when it is lit. I there needs to be done more before, because on a lot of games this only was net enough.
Secret Mania is a fun little mode. You need to chase all 5 Family Members like it was said in the code update file:
– Added Secret Mania – You need a code. The first clue of the code is findable
– Each of the 5 family members has an area:
– Lily: the LILY bank
– Eddie: Either Orbit
– Herman: Herman toy
– Grandpa: Left ramp
– Marilyn: Right ramp
– Shoot each area to collect them. Collect all 5 for a bonus.

#9035 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

With one of the best toppers out there (Black Knight wins that category)

Um, no.

The Munsters topper is by far the best Stern topper so far (quality control issues notwithstanding). The clock and raven taunting is an absolutely perfect addition to the game. BKSOR is good and looks stunning but doesn’t add the impact to the game experience that the Munsters one does.

(The Batman/Batmobile one on the LE/SLE is aesthetically the best and almost as good as Munsters, but it is much less integrated with game play).

#9036 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Um, no.
The Munsters topper is by far the best Stern topper so far (quality control issues notwithstanding). The clock and raven taunting is an absolutely perfect addition to the game. BKSOR is good and looks stunning but doesn’t add the impact to the game experience that the Munsters one does.
(The Batman/Batmobile one on the LE/SLE is aesthetically the best and almost as good as Munsters, but it is much less integrated with game play).

Agree with this wholeheartedly! Munsters topper hands down the only topper to date that is essential for getting the most out of the code and game playing experience. I know some had issues, but mine has worked flawlessly out of the box from day 1.

#9037 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Cabal discovered and wrote this up for us:
Hi Munster Madness is triggered with completing all 5 modes, Herman, Raven, Lily, Spot Grandpa
Secret Mania needs to be activated. You do the Flipper code for DAD = 4 1 4 = BLLLLRLRLLLLRR
B=Both
L=Left
R=Right
For muliplayer it has to be done for each player individual. The Code will persist the whole game. If a ball drains it will still be active for the next Ball.
The last think i know on my pro machine is to go into grandpas lab when it is lit. I there needs to be done more before, because on a lot of games this only was net enough.
Secret Mania is a fun little mode. You need to chase all 5 Family Members like it was said in the code update file:

Wow. That is awesome. Thanks!

#9038 3 years ago

I suggest you guys play more BK with the topper. Way better than Munsters imo. I wouldn’t buy BK unless it came with the topper. I can totally live without the topper on Munsters.

There are tons of callouts and insults from the black knight that only occur if you have the topper.

You’re clearly not experiencing the whole game unless you have it.

It’s as important as the UV kit for Stranger Things.

That’s big.

#9039 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I suggest you guys play more BK with the topper. Way better than Munsters imo. I wouldn’t buy BK unless it came with the topper. I can totally live without the topper on Munsters.
There are tons of callouts and insults from the black knight that only occur if you have the topper.
It’s as important as the UV kit for Stranger Things.
That’s big.

Stranger Things with UV kit is awesome. You are saying a lot.

#9040 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The variety of insults don’t make up for a lackluster game. As maligned as Munsters code is, I’d much rather have/play it (at least Premium/LE) than BKSOR.

But I’d never own BKSOR so that may color my opinion.

#9041 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The variety of insults don’t make up for a lackluster game. As maligned as Munsters code is, I’d much rather have/play it (at least Premium/LE) than BKSOR.
But I’d never own BKSOR so that may color my opinion.

It's so weird...I have that " one more game" rush on Munsters than any of my other games.

Guess people can bash it for whatever reason, but it is just massive fun for me. Ultimately, that's the definition of a great " game" correct?

#9042 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The variety of insults don’t make up for a lackluster game

Agree. Butt he BK topper is better than the Munsters topper.

#9043 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agree. Butt he BK topper is better than the Munsters topper.

You’re in the wrong thread promoting that topper: need to go to BK thread. I completely disagree with you on Munsters topper, not being as good or better. It appears you’ve not had that much experience with one, as it is every bit as integrated and has additional call outs, etc. as the BK topper.

#9044 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

You’re in the wrong thread promoting that topper: need to go to BK thread. I completely disagree with you on Munsters topper, not being as good or better. It appears you’ve not had that much experience with one, as it is every bit as integrated and has additional call outs, etc. as the BK topper.

I’ve had the exact same amount of time with this topper as i have with the BK topper. BK blew me away. Munsters was very impressive too. Until I played BK with its topper. .

I don’t think I need to convince the BK owners it’s good.

I’ll just say if you haven’t experienced it, definitely play one that has the topper. I normally have zero interest in toppers and I’ve spent a handful of posts talking about them. That should say something. Haha

#9045 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

BK blew me away.

And rightly so. It is some impressive topper action.

#9046 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Cabal discovered and wrote this up for us:
B=Both
L=Left
R=Right

Some update here: the code to activate does not need both flipper pressed at first:
DAD = 4 1 4 = LLLLRLRLLLLRR
Fun fact is that with this the code could be activated by pure coincidence.

The last thing i know on my pro machine is to go into grandpas lab when it is lit
you have to go into lit grandpas lab 2 times before it activates.

#9047 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Some update here: the code to activate does not need both flipper pressed at first:
DAD = 4 1 4 = LLLLRLRLLLLRR
Fun fact is that with this the code could be activated by pure coincidence.
The last thing i know on my pro machine is to go into grandpas lab when it is lit
you have to go into lit grandpas lab 2 times before it activates.

I got it last night. It was in the middle of my game so I’m not sure what all I did to trigger it, but yeah...the grandpa scoop awarded the mode.

It was tough to watch and play at the same time, but what I saw of the 3D animated family members flying around the living room was fun.

#9048 3 years ago

Does anyone have a line on a Munsters Topper? I have been searching for a while with no luck at all. Seem to be sold out everywhere.

#9049 3 years ago

Before securing one, I signed up to be notified when toppers came in. Just got an email;

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7083-00

#9050 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Before securing one, I signed up to be notified when toppers came in. Just got an email;
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7083-00

The topper is glorious.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Mishawaka, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/181?hl=homebru and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.