P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg
munsters_black (resized).jpg
Munsters (resized).jpg
Munsters Cover (resized).jpeg

There are 11,835 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 237.
#8951 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I wanted to give a shout out to Kim over at Ler Mods. I had ordered the Spot Flasher a month ago, and the USPS misplaced it at a sorting facility not far from my house. She sent me a replacement at no charge.
https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/the-munsters-pinball-spot-lighted-ramp-flasher
I did a little trial and error with placement, and liked the look of a glowing dungeon more than an overhead light. I used some of my own HD double sided mounting tape and secured it on the edge of the playfield where the Spot opening is.
Oh, and the original package showed up the next day. I mailed it back. [quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the tip... I ordered this recently but didn’t install yet due to a busy schedule. Honestly, I would think this mounting position would be preferred by most people. At least that’s what I’m going to do.

#8952 3 years ago

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “Ready for wall hanging!! Munsters flyer signed by Butch Patrick (Eddie) nicely Framed. Signed “To My Favorite Pinball Wizard” Butch Patrick Shipping is $5 in USA”
2020-10-19
Saukville, WI
65 (OBO)
Archived after: 31 days
Viewed: 797 times

#8953 3 years ago

Anyone happen to have a spare plastic of Grandpa for sale? Don't really want to buy the entire set...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8954 3 years ago

I don't have a spare grandpa but I noticed mine was missing a screw and very loose - about to break off. This night be a common problem so make sure your's is tight.

#8955 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I don't have a spare grandpa but I noticed mine was missing a screw and very loose - about to break off. This night be a common problem so make sure your's is tight.

I've owned the pin for ~6 months and finally noticed it was missing!

#8956 3 years ago

I'm looking for a topper. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks much.

#8957 3 years ago

Yaaaay, I finally joined the club! Picked up a nicely modded Pro!

$_59 (1) (resized).jpg$_59 (1) (resized).jpg$_59 (2) (resized).jpg$_59 (2) (resized).jpg$_59 (5) (resized).jpg$_59 (5) (resized).jpg$_59 (7) (resized).jpg$_59 (7) (resized).jpg$_59 (8) (resized).jpg$_59 (8) (resized).jpg$_59 (9) (resized).jpg$_59 (9) (resized).jpg
#8958 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I've owned the pin for ~6 months and finally noticed it was missing!

I had to replace a Grandpa screw also. Couldn’t find the one that fell out so I had to order a new one.

#8959 3 years ago

I’m also interested in a topper if anyone has a line on them . Thanks

#8960 3 years ago

Pro or premium? Would I regret not getting the lower play field?

#8961 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Go the Premium. The lower playfield completes the game for me !!

#8962 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Both games are fun so I dont want to take anything away from the Pro model but the lower playfield really does add something to the game. Its pretty fun for sure.

#8963 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

FYI get a LE - hardly played - for price of a premium!!

Wow snag it!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/102293

#8964 3 years ago

Heads up folks. I bought $300 worth of glo-balls (I got some of every color and type to experiment with and review) and I’m planning to do a video and maybe a dedicated review thread here on pinside with reviews per game. (Munsters, Stenger Things, AFM, MMR, STNG) after I put some serious time in with them.

First impressions wise I want to warn you guys about the behavior with Munsters. I installed six of the the eyeball ones in Munsters and they really, REALLY, look great.

With the flippers turned down From Hard to Normal they are still faster than regular balls but not out of control and can make all the ramps easily.

I did notice that if the ball slows down up top (in the area of the top of the Eddie loop and the Pop Bumpers) the glo balls will get stuck sometimes at the peak of the loop and on the switches (because the balls are a bit lighter than normal). This never happens with my standard balls.

I also noticed that although they say they work with magnet based pins the Herman magnet is able to catch but not Hold the ball. I played about five games just to be sure about this.

So I am torn. These balls look great with the Munsters theme. But you do loose a bit of functionality with with them.

More formal review coming but for now I can’t recommend them on this game if you want full functionality.

I checked the adjustments menu to see if I could tweak the Herman magnet strength but I see nothing in there for it. I wonder if it would be worth asking Stern.

E4E7BE7A-021A-4AC6-BC1A-517E8DA9F0E4 (resized).jpegE4E7BE7A-021A-4AC6-BC1A-517E8DA9F0E4 (resized).jpeg0F36E658-0522-462C-A9E8-C8B571836878 (resized).jpeg0F36E658-0522-462C-A9E8-C8B571836878 (resized).jpeg87C7B5A2-E932-4B1E-AB8A-B24ECD7FBA64 (resized).jpeg87C7B5A2-E932-4B1E-AB8A-B24ECD7FBA64 (resized).jpeg15AE2B1B-8BC1-41C9-9044-D322A9967AE5 (resized).jpeg15AE2B1B-8BC1-41C9-9044-D322A9967AE5 (resized).jpegBD90685C-D1A6-446D-8F8E-DA70D7AB8E1A (resized).jpegBD90685C-D1A6-446D-8F8E-DA70D7AB8E1A (resized).jpeg
#8965 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Heads up folks. I bought $300 worth of glo-balls (I got some of every color and type to experiment with and review) and I’m planning to do a video and maybe a dedicated review thread here on pinside with reviews per game. (Munsters, Stenger Things, AFM, MMR, STNG) after I put some serious time in with them.
First impressions wise I want to warn you guys about the behavior with Munsters. I installed six of the the eyeball ones in Munsters and they really, REALLY, look great.
With the flippers turned down From Hard to Normal they are still faster than regular balls but not out of control and can make all the ramps easily.
I did notice that if the ball slows down up top (in the area of the top of the Eddie loop and the Pop Bumpers) the glo balls will get stuck sometimes at the peak of the loop and on the switches (because the balls are a bit lighter than normal). This never happens with my standard balls.
I also noticed that although they say they work with magnet based pins the Herman magnet is able to catch but not Hold the ball. I played about five games just to be sure about this.
So I am torn. These balls look great with the Munsters theme. But you do loose a bit of functionality with with them.
More formal review coming but for now I can’t recommend them on this game if you want full functionality.
I checked the adjustments menu to see if I could tweak the Herman magnet strength but I see nothing in there for it. I wonder if it would be worth asking Stern.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

the eyeballs just look great. i played around with glow-balls in my munsters too. They look way cool but i had similar issues with them. In addition i had the issues that the balls chipped. Had a lot of flakes on the playfield and the balls looked liked a golf ball. The glo-balls would look very cool with the uv-light set on stranger things.

For me they are nice gimick but i returned to normal steel balls. I wanted them so much to work.
i hope they work for you much better

#8966 3 years ago

After a whirlwind 15 hour round tripper to pick this one up from fellow Pinsider Ebirah , I am now the proud owner of a Munsters Pro.

I decided I wanted the Pro over the Premium because I just don’t care for mini-playfields. Personal taste.

Super happy with the purchase. This machine is gorgeous and has lots of very tasteful mods. Jurassic2016 was a pleasure to deal with. Great guy.

Family LOVES the pin. We are big on old tv shows and our family loves anything even remotely related to Halloween, so this theme hits all the buttons for us.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi to fellow owners. Take care.

0718F3B7-D50C-4F6D-A6B1-BD109E962BC7 (resized).jpeg0718F3B7-D50C-4F6D-A6B1-BD109E962BC7 (resized).jpeg88F091C7-1EF6-46B1-8001-D78873EADFF8 (resized).jpeg88F091C7-1EF6-46B1-8001-D78873EADFF8 (resized).jpeg0E066F57-9834-4DF8-B45A-EE61AE8A1B15 (resized).jpeg0E066F57-9834-4DF8-B45A-EE61AE8A1B15 (resized).jpeg7F70F7A1-4440-41D7-BADD-45C3D30C3078 (resized).jpeg7F70F7A1-4440-41D7-BADD-45C3D30C3078 (resized).jpeg948C23EC-87A4-4447-ABE2-0F2869B0FD5A (resized).jpeg948C23EC-87A4-4447-ABE2-0F2869B0FD5A (resized).jpegB53C4344-DC57-4C09-A75E-EA16D631549C (resized).jpegB53C4344-DC57-4C09-A75E-EA16D631549C (resized).jpegB98FA142-14A0-4ECE-9369-4BE377BBE733 (resized).jpegB98FA142-14A0-4ECE-9369-4BE377BBE733 (resized).jpegCFB33D53-94EC-4DEA-A4B1-29F04647BDAA (resized).jpegCFB33D53-94EC-4DEA-A4B1-29F04647BDAA (resized).jpeg

#8967 3 years ago

Welcome to the club! It is a fun machine.

20200826_115559 (resized).jpg20200826_115559 (resized).jpg

#8968 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

After a whirlwind 15 hour round tripper to pick this one up from fellow Pinsider jurassic2016 , I am now the proud owner of a Munsters Pro.
I decided I wanted the Pro over the Premium because I just don’t care for mini-playfields. Personal taste.
Super happy with the purchase. This machine is gorgeous and has lots of very tasteful mods. Jurassic2016 was a pleasure to deal with. Great guy.
Family LOVES the pin. We are big on old tv shows and our family loves anything even remotely related to Halloween, so this theme hits all the buttons for us.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!!! Good times w this great game..was playing mine last night...

#8969 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

After a whirlwind 15 hour round tripper to pick this one up from fellow Pinsider jurassic2016 , I am now the proud owner of a Munsters Pro.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The Pro is a fine pin. It needs no apology. It plays just a little bit different without the mini-play field.

#8970 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The Pro is a fine pin. It needs no apology. It plays just a little bit different without the mini-play field.

I agree. My wife and I have a pro and it is fun.

#8971 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I agree.

It’s one of those “different strokes for different folks” kinda things.

It’s not my place to gatekeep or judge another’s gaming preferences.

For me personally, I enjoyed Munsters Pro enough when I played it at Pinball Museum in Myrtle Beach that I placed an order for a decked out premium as soon as I got home.

Having had it for just about a year, I think the lower playfield and topper set it apart quite a bit from the rest of my pins which are basically a Brian Eddy love fest.

If I’m being entirely honest, I do think that I would be bored of the table if not for the topper and lower PF.

I’ve known how to back hand the lower PF grandpa ramps for a while. Only recently have I gotten the hang of backhanding Spot from the left flipper up top.

This is also proving very useful for reactivating Raven Multiball via that ramp.

Now if I can just figure out the most reliable way to bang that kitty.

#8972 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

Welcome to the club!

Just a quick FYI...I think you're missing some decals here:

Ask me how I know...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8973 3 years ago

Is the topper impossible to find? Sorry, I’m late to the party.

#8974 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Welcome to the club!
Just a quick FYI...I think you're missing some decals here:
Ask me how I know...
[quoted image]

How do you know?

#8975 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

How do you know?

LOL. Mine on the left came off. Never even noticed until I found the stuck sticker on the PF somewhere else. I tried to stick it back on, but no luck - and not worth the effort to buy the entire set.

#8976 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Now if I can just figure out the most reliable way to bang that kitty.

Question of the ages...

#8977 3 years ago

Drove round trip 9 hours yesterday to pick up a Munsters B&W premium. Very happy with the purchase. Game seems very fun and the lower play field is worth it.

#8978 3 years ago
Quoted from Quick:

Drove round trip 9 hours yesterday to pick up a Munsters B&W premium. Very happy with the purchase. Game seems very fun and the lower play field is worth it.

My round trip was 15 hours. I win the internet today.

Congrats on the pick up!

#8979 3 years ago

Has anybody installed the PowerBlades on their Munsters?

If so, do you have a video? Kinda interested in them.....

#8980 3 years ago

Just saw the last call notice from Stern on Black Knight. I don't think I've seen that for the Munsters yet. That's only a year and a half or so on the line for that game.

#8981 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Just saw the last call notice from Stern on Black Knight. I don't think I've seen that for the Munsters yet. That's only a year and a half or so on the line for that game.

Do they normally do a last call for a game on the line? Makes sense...just wasn’t aware of the practice.

#8982 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

Do they normally do a last call for a game on the line?

Yes. But last call doesn’t mean they will make more. Only if the combined interest of the dealers meets/exceeds Stern’s requirements (or if enough to use up parts they don’t want to put in parts inventory). A “Last call” run is essentially pre-sold to dealers. However, I don’t recall if there has been a last call that hasn’t resulted in a production run.

And the amount of time on the line for a particular title doesn’t mean anything. It’s the duration of the license that matters (though you generally assume a three year lifespan with most Stern titles).

#8983 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

Has anybody installed the PowerBlades on their Munsters?
If so, do you have a video? Kinda interested in them.....

Save yourself from a ton of hassle. I’ve tried installing those power blades and they are a waste of money and effort. Too thick for the sides, as the table going up and down can (and does) easily gouge into the bulging electrical area under art blades and ruin artwork on the blades. They also give off a high pitched ringing sound when turned on. Plus the constant fast lights blinking on and off is annoying while playing. To top it off, they’re way overpriced. And the way they hook into the main back box power supply is scary.

Other than that, they’re fine. Lol

#8984 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Save yourself from a ton of hassle. I’ve tried installing those power blades and they’re are a waste of money and effort. Too thick for the sides, as the table going up and down gouges into the electrical area and ruined artwork on the blades. They also give off a high pitched ringing sound when turned on. Plus the constant fast lights blinking on and off is annoying while playing. To top it off, they’re way overpriced. And the way they hook into the main back box power supply is scary.
Other than that, they’re fine. Lol

Thanks. Appreciate the take.

#8985 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

Thanks. Appreciate the take.

I'm really happy with the art blades/stadium lighting combo on mine.

#8986 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I have the regular blades on mine as well...love the artwork.

What do you mean by stadium lighting? Got pics?

#8987 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Pin Stadiums?? Love mine...

#8988 3 years ago

I have the power blades and yes they are thick and hard to install but I think they look good and do not distract imo. I was under the impression that they were sound activated but mine just go in a repetitive pattern.i probably wouldn't recommend for the price but ive spent 300 on dumber things.

#8989 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

I have the regular blades on mine as well...love the artwork.
What do you mean by stadium lighting? Got pics?

I have factory Pinstadiums on my Munsters, and a DIY set on my JP.
20200914_185250 (resized).jpg20200914_185250 (resized).jpg20200914_185308 (resized).jpg20200914_185308 (resized).jpg20200914_185316 (resized).jpg20200914_185316 (resized).jpg

#8990 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I have factory Pinstadiums on my Munsters, and a DIY set on my JP.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks fantastic

#8991 3 years ago

So the Pinstadium lights...did y’all get the base model? Or the Neo/Neo Fusion?

Pretty big price difference.

#8992 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

I bought the base model. I did end up adding an inline resistor to the UV+Glow section. They were way too bright, and not app adjustable like the RGB+W section.

20200828_135027 (resized).jpg20200828_135027 (resized).jpg
#8993 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

Add 2 or 4 additional spotlights to the playfield, $20-$40 tops and boom fully lit playfield!

If I have a pin with no spotlights on the slings I always add them makes a night and day difference.

Pin stadiums are great especially with the new shields to stop those rainbow lines but compared to the cost of a couple of extra spotlights that will do the same job it’s a non starter for me.

#8994 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

I bought the Fusions and the Baby pin stadiums for my LE. I like them alot!

#8995 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I have the power blades and yes they are thick and hard to install but I think they look good and do not distract imo. I was under the impression that they were sound activated but mine just go in a repetitive pattern.i probably wouldn't recommend for the price but ive spent 300 on dumber things.

I purchased the PowerBlades for my Munsters Premium B&W, while they are thicker and you can very easily scratch/damage them with lifting the play field, purchased blade protectors from somewhere (not very helpful I know, but I forgot where I found them). Short answer costly, but love them !

IMG_1347 (resized).JPEGIMG_1347 (resized).JPEGIMG_1378 (resized).JPEGIMG_1378 (resized).JPEGIMG_3278 (resized).JPEGIMG_3278 (resized).JPEGIMG_3283 (resized).JPEGIMG_3283 (resized).JPEG
#8996 3 years ago
Quoted from Stevesco:

I purchased the PowerBlades for my Munsters Premium B&W, while they are thicker and you can very easily scratch/damage them with lifting the play field, purchased blade protectors from somewhere (not very helpful I know, but I forgot where I found them). Short answer costly, but love them !
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think you are referring to these side protectors available at Pinball life:
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

You can see them in action in on Munsters Premium in my short video here.

I don’t mention in the video but they work best of you install some felt to the sides of your playfields.

For Munsters the felt isn’t necessary. But for other tables like AFM or STNG where there is not a lot of space it can be a little tricky to slide them in and keep them in when you move the playfield.

That said, glad I have them and they work.

#8997 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I think you are referring to these side protectors available at Pinball life:
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html
You can see them in action in on Munsters Premium in my short video here.
I don’t mention in the video but they work best of you install some felt to the sides of your playfields.
For Munsters the felt isn’t necessary. But for other tables like AFM or STNG where there is not a lot of space it can be a little tricky to slide them in and keep them in when you move the playfield.
That said, glad I have them and they work.

Those are a "Must Have" for anyone with side art on their pinball machines...I have even scratched a mirror blade.

#8998 3 years ago

Anyone else having trouble with the side of their playfield rubbing where the power cord enters the powerblade itself? I try to lift the playfield itself very carefully and evenly but it still rubs! I am getting some nasty rub marks. I hate to see where this will be in a few years.

32E904C9-7B56-45D4-9E36-447FEC8734C8 (resized).jpeg32E904C9-7B56-45D4-9E36-447FEC8734C8 (resized).jpegEA1311F8-BE0F-458C-BE21-866C481F25B2 (resized).jpegEA1311F8-BE0F-458C-BE21-866C481F25B2 (resized).jpeg
#8999 3 years ago
Quoted from Raspatty:

Anyone else having trouble with the side of their playfield rubbing where the power cord enters the powerblade itself? I try to lift the playfield itself very carefully and evenly but it still rubs! I am getting some nasty rub marks. I hate to see where this will be in a few years.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Same issue. Power blades are not worth it, unless you don’t mind junky looking art blades. Impossible to lift PF evenly enough. I just took them off and figure they looked better in the trash, lol. Fortunately I didn’t pay $300 for them as most have, but what money I did spend was a complete waste. Never buying from Joe at Pingraffix again. Learned my lesson. It took Joe almost a year to get my order right as well and in the end, still wasn’t right. Buyers at Pingraffix beware!

#9000 3 years ago

Snapped the stud off of the lower play field mounting insert. Before I dismantle any further, does anybody know if the stud is part of the black plastic.

Thanks in advance
Jason

D51205FE-088F-42FE-8866-7350403F1C5C (resized).jpegD51205FE-088F-42FE-8866-7350403F1C5C (resized).jpegE27CD5CB-8F84-446E-956C-3270DBE58CF3 (resized).jpegE27CD5CB-8F84-446E-956C-3270DBE58CF3 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,835 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/180 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.