pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 237.
#801 5 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Went for it full tilt....pardon the pun !! ) Marked and scribed the lower ramp fork and took my Dremel tool and routed out that area of the playfield clear coat and down into the wood of the playfield so the ramp now sets all the way flush !!! Filed down the sharp leading edges as you did and then polished the ramp with Scotchbrite before re-installing---pics later or if anybody wants to see them LMK - Kirk

Picture Please, and Thank You.

#802 5 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Went for it full tilt....pardon the pun !! ) Marked and scribed the lower ramp fork and took my Dremel tool and routed out that area of the playfield clear coat and down into the wood of the playfield so the ramp now sets all the way flush !!! Filed down the sharp leading edges as you did and then polished the ramp with Scotchbrite before re-installing---pics later or if anybody wants to see them LMK - Kirk

Well that should be a major improvement over and beyond what I did to my game. Yes, please post some photos and let us know how the ball travels up the lane now.

#803 5 years ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

Anyone seen this Herman Munster shooter rod on eBay? Looks like Ronald Reagan’s head on a stick!
ebay.com link
[quoted image]

I will be doing a Herman shooter rod pretty soon, it will resemble Herman much more than that example :O)

#804 5 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

It is a pretty big oversight by stern to not recess the shooter lane ramp and expecting people to take a dremel and grind on the ramp of their new pin is pretty ridiculous. Like I mentioned when I decided to try to move the ramp a bit there were already three sets of screw holes in the wood under the ramp so it's not like they didn't know it was an issue.

#805 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

It is a pretty big oversight by stern to not recess the shooter lane ramp and expecting people to take a dremel and grind on the ramp of their new pin is pretty ridiculous. Like I mentioned when I decided to try to move the ramp a bit there were already three sets of screw holes in the wood under the ramp so it's not like they didn't know it was an issue.

Ive only heard of two people having a problem so far and ive played two different games that were just fine so i doubt this is a widespread issue.

#806 5 years ago

LE delivery tomorrow!! So excited!!

#807 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ive only heard of two people having a problem so far and ive played two different games that were just fine so i doubt this is a widespread issue.

I would agree. Seems like they could have possibly made the "V" notch wider however with the ball riding the left and right rails the bottom diameter of the ball should never hit the fork area of that ramp and lowering it into the playfield would add no value if the "V" was wide enough. It will always ride up the center of the fork.

#808 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The distributor that I got mine from said all his had this problem, I have played one other besides mine and it also had the issue. I ended up raising the wireform that is above the problem area with several washers and it has for sure helped but the ball still catches air when hitting the beginning of the ramp.

#809 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I would agree. Seems like they could have possibly made the "V" notch wider however with the ball riding the left and right rails the bottom diameter of the ball should never hit the fork area of that ramp and lowering it into the playfield would add no value if the "V" was wide enough. It will always ride up the center of the fork.

I see what you are saying and agree, but if you look at other machines that have this same style ramp in the shooter lane and even on the munsters on the dragula eject ramp they route a pocket into the playfield to make the entrance of the ramp flush with the playfield so it's not an issue. It's one of those things that you look at it and scratch your head wondering wtf were they thinking especially since they did it on the dragula ramp.

#810 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Mine ships as early as tomorrow, no later than next week...Automated

Did your LE end up shipping?

#811 5 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

LE delivery tomorrow!! So excited!!

Congrats! Gameplay video(s) or it didn't happen.

#812 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

The distributor that I got mine from said all his had this problem, I have played one other besides mine and it also had the issue. I ended up raising the wireform that is above the problem area with several washers and it has for sure helped but the ball still catches air when hitting the beginning of the ramp.

Hopefully Stern fixing this is why some of the LE's are delayed...

#813 5 years ago

Hey that's my auction!! I won it from Twip And didn't put it on my Machine

Quoted from Flippingr8:

Anyone seen this Herman Munster shooter rod on eBay? Looks like Ronald Reagan’s head on a stick!
ebay.com link
[quoted image]

#814 5 years ago

What about a Woof Woof shooter rod or some other mod?

#815 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Not a pitch but we got a match set Pingulp and matching shooter from The Mod Father that are spot on perfect. Not a fan of shooter heads myself but his art magic looks bad ass and I highly recommend. Can't thank him enough for his work.

IMG_2170 (resized).jpgIMG_2170 (resized).jpg
#816 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

This woof woof was on the Stern video, so I assume they are coming as part of the accessories.

Woof woof (resized).jpgWoof woof (resized).jpg
#817 5 years ago
Quoted from Tradesman:

Not sure...got a phone call today, but couldn't get to it (no vm)....I work alot, so didn't get a chance to return the call. Not sweating it...I know I'm in the first batch that they get, and she had said "as early as Friday or next week"....haven't let me down yet....

#818 5 years ago

The shooter lane on my Pro also has the issue.

#819 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No issues with my game.

It has been Playing great. Enjoying it a bunch.

#820 5 years ago
Quoted from Tradesman:

Was told mine ships in 2-3 days....

#821 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Not sure...got a phone call today, but couldn't get to it (no vm)....I work alot, so didn't get a chance to return the call. Not sweating it...I know I'm in the first batch that they get, and she had said "as early as Friday or next week"....haven't let me down yet....

They told me that too last week, but when I called today to check status was told now it could be another two weeks. Something about Stern made a mistake on available LE's ready to ship. Didn't really understand the explanation she gave me.

#822 5 years ago
Quoted from Tradesman:

They told me that too last week, but when I called today to check status was told now it could be another two weeks. Something about Stern made a mistake on available LE's ready to ship. Didn't really understand the explanation she gave me.

Again....not sure, but zero worries on my end...."soon" works for me...bought several NIB from them.....

#823 5 years ago
Quoted from thebosson:

The shooter lane on my Pro also has the issue.

Mine has the issue. Is Stern addressing this issue?

#824 5 years ago

Better to be patient and wait till they get it right.

#825 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Haven’t heard anything about them addressing the issue. I don’t even know how to find out.

#826 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Not for you Sky, you are on the excessive Stern whiner list.

#827 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not for you Sky, you are on the excessive Stern whiner list.

I'm actually amazed w the amount of Pros out there already, this is really the only reported "issue" to date. Can't think of any other NIB ( from any manufacturer) that didn't have several bugs out of the gate...encouraging, for sure...

#828 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm actually amazed w the amount of Pros out there already, this is really the only reported "issue" to date. Can't think of any other NIB ( from any manufacturer) that didn't have several bugs out of the gate...encouraging, for sure...

Game of thrones pro was pretty solid. Just needed a lubed up ram. That’s about it.

#829 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just needed a lubed up ram

#830 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Game of thrones pro was pretty solid. Just needed a lubed up ram. That’s about it.

I'm afriad to ask what type of lube you used, so I won't

#831 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just needed a lubed up ram.

Are you from New Zealand?

#832 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Are you from New Zealand?

No he's from"Kin"tucky...you know brothers, sisters, cousins etc? Nevermind this isn't the place to talk about these things. Just PM him and he will fill you in on everything.

P.S. Have you ever seen that movie called Wrong Turn?

#833 5 years ago

In the club ... out the club.
After exactly 19 days in my gameroom the Munsters Pro will leave today ...
Nice flow and fast game, but thats it.... boring. Maybe the software updates will change something but they can not change the emty playfield.
I cought myself after a bad first ball starting a new game, getting all characters in every 3. game. Dragrace is boring and a show stopper. The jackpot there on the left is boring and a show stopper. To 90% I stopped the jackpot to get back in game. The sound is bad, too many layers at the sametime. Animations are funny .. for the first 3 times ...

Good news .. the pin will stay in my pinball league so I have chances to play it later .....

#834 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Nice flow and fast game, but thats it.... boring. Maybe the software updates will change something but they can not change the emty playfield.
I cought myself after a bad first ball starting a new game, getting all characters in every 3. game. Dragrace is boring and a show stopper. The jackpot there on the left is boring and a show stopper. To 90% I stopped the jackpot to get back in game. The sound is bad, too many layers at the sametime. Animations are funny .. for the first 3 times ...
Good news .. the pin will stay in my pinball league so I have chances to play it later .....

Wow

#835 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Wow a whole 19 plays... takes me at least 75-100 to get a feel and understanding of a pin. Nothing really clicks in that short of time frame imo. I dislike most pins at first but they get better as u learn the shots and rules/objectives. Sorry u hated it

#836 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow a whole 19 plays

In his defense, he said 19 "days" not "plays". I would assume he got more than 19 plays in on it unless he's a 1 play a day type guy.

#837 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

In his defense, he said 19 "days" not "plays". I would assume he got more than 19 plays in on it unless he's a 1 play a day type guy.

Woops... still half asleep lol... still not very long. Wonder how many games.

#838 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

oops... still half asleep lol... still not very long. Wonder how many games.

It would be interesting to know the number of games. That being said, over the 13 or so years I've been in the hobby, I've seen pinheads who get bored with all sorts of games very easy, including some games I've never got bored with even after playing for years, so I'm sure it would be something to take with a grain of salt.

#839 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

It would be interesting to know the number of games. That being said, over the 13 or so years I've been in the hobby, I've seen pinheads who get bored with all sorts of games very easy, including some games I've never got bored with even after playing for years, so I'm sure it would be something to take with a grain of salt.

I feel i at least need few months or a few hundred plays to learn/understand a pin. I hated hobbit, woz, bsd, wh20 and many others at first but they have now become some of my all time favorites. Guess everyone is different tho and no one will love every pin.

#840 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I feel i at least need few months or a few hundred plays to learn/understand a pin.

I totally agree with you on this.

#841 5 years ago

Number of days or plays on a game are subjective. I have many games at my house to choose from. I don't play them all every day, sometimes 1 pin, once a day. You can kinda tell by playing how well a game is going to fit with you, and it's not about how long you have owned them or played them, its the 'feel'. They click or they don't. That's one of the reasons I never get all of the game bashing on pinside- it is so subjective. What doesn't click for you, may be a great game or feel for someone else.

Back on topic- Patiently waiting on my LE...

#842 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Has anyone reached out to Stern about the issue? If so, what was their response? I will contact them also, but wondering what’s been said by them already.

#843 5 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I have many games at my house to choose from. I don't play them all every day

Yeah, I just got a Munsters Pro on Sunday, and I didn't even turn it on at all yesterday. Shameful.
(Some people just have a demanding LOOP - life outside of pinball)

#844 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I feel i at least need few months or a few hundred plays to learn/understand a pin. I hated hobbit, woz, bsd, wh20 and many others at first but they have now become some of my all time favorites. Guess everyone is different tho and no one will love every pin.

Spot on....

#845 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No he's from"Kin"tucky...you know brothers, sisters, cousins etc? Nevermind this isn't the place to talk about these things. Just PM him and he will fill you in on everything.
P.S. Have you ever seen that movie called Wrong Turn?

Kentucky? This is how real men and women play pinball down there.

https://sports.yahoo.com/cowboy-pinball-game-leaves-spectators-shocked-participant-unconscious-kentucky-rodeo-054609924.html

#846 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not a pitch but we got a match set Pingulp and matching shooter from The Mod Father that are spot on perfect. Not a fan of shooter heads myself but his art magic looks bad ass and I highly recommend. Can't thank him enough for his work.
[quoted image]

I too am not a fan of Figure Head Shooter rods...what you show is certainly more to my liking...I am no mod designer but what this game needs, given its theme is a Mini-Plasma Ball Shooter Rod.

#847 5 years ago
Quoted from thebosson:

Has anyone reached out to Stern about the issue? If so, what was their response? I will contact them also, but wondering what’s been said by them already.

Yes my Distributor spoke with stern about it and they told him to take a dremel to the ramps to taper the edges. Just what I want to do to a new pin.

#848 5 years ago

Game of thrones pro was pretty solid. Just needed a lubed up ram. That’s about it.</blockquote
LOL...

#849 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Yes my Distributor spoke with stern about it and they told him to take a dremel to the ramps to taper the edges. Just what I want to do to a new pin.

Seems a bit overboard to ask an owner to go that drastic with a repair on a brand new machine. And, I don't have a dremel so that's great answer for me.

#850 5 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I too am not a fan of Figure Head Shooter rods...what you show is certainly more to my liking...I am no mod designer but what this game needs, given its theme is a Mini-Plasma Ball Shooter Rod.

I put the rgb lit shooter rods on all my games..only available through CT to my knowledge..look great, and consistent feel...Greg( mindorbits) used to make them years ago and were the best...Plasma would look sick!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/17?hl=blacksun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.