IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 237.
#8851 3 years ago
Quoted from Kilowog:

Red LED's under the ramp.
https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/the-munsters-pinball-spot-lighted-ramp-flasher
Really like it and it gets your attention when he pops up.

Just ordered it! Free shipping awesome

Thank you

#8852 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Just ordered it! Free shipping awesome
Thank you

Me too

#8853 3 years ago
Quoted from GamesbyAPK:

Or buy both
[quoted image]

Interesting topper you have on Munsters.

#8854 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I keep coming back to Munsters on my wishlist. Is the code similar to MB? Essentially, you just collect all of the characters, then have a mini-wizard mode once they’re all together?
Are the two games comparable code-wise? Both on my wishlist, so trying to decide.

IMO, Munsters code does circles around MBr. While MBr is a good game, it is so simple codewise, my friend and I complete all there is to do on his MBr a couple of times during just one game. Honestly, people grow tired after a short time with MBr, but not with Munsters. It’s code is much better and superior in every way to MBr.

Making it to level 2 is quite challenging and rarely done. Level 3 is a whole challenge I’ve never reached yet. As much as I’d like a little more as far as show theme is concerned, the code package is very good with Munsters and you’ll be happier in the long run, over MBr, imo.

#8855 3 years ago

Honestly - game isn't bad at all.

Lately I feel there has been a lot of Trolling, Hate and just straight up mean people who don't even own the game dissing on it.

Pinball really doesn't need the haters / hate.

From an intelligent review and criticism spectrum though.. Just needs a few extras.. Like holy hell look how far Elvira 3 has come.

Hell I'd give Dwight free Coca-Cola for a year if he just tweaked a few things.

#8856 3 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Honestly - game isn't bad at all.
Lately I feel there has been a lot of Trolling, Hate and just straight up mean people who don't even own the game dissing on it.
Pinball really doesn't need the haters / hate.
From an intelligent review and criticism spectrum though.. Just needs a few extras.. Like holy hell look how far Elvira 3 has come.
Hell I'd give Dwight free Coca-Cola for a year if he just tweaked a few things.

I played it a bit at TPF, which seems like forever ago now. I really liked the layout, and I’m a Borg fan in general. The art is stunning and I dig the metal ramps.

I don’t need epically deep code, just something that would last in my small collection for a year or two. I also really like mode-based games, but Munsters is more of a collect-the-thing and get the jackpot type game. However, it’s nice to break up the routine.

Still thinking about it. Thanks for the thoughts everyone.

#8857 3 years ago

The Munsters is a favorite in the family and anyone who visits. Probably gets 3 times t hgt e play of any other game.

#8858 3 years ago
Quoted from djh00000:

The Munsters is a favorite in the family and anyone who visits. Probably gets 3 times t hgt e play of any other game.

I have Munsters LE and Batman 66...love them both....get equal play here

#8859 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I have Munsters LE and Batman 66...love them both....get equal play here

Same here, with our Munsters and BM66.

#8860 3 years ago

So, I liked it when it was on route. Now, it's been home for a little over a week. I added a shaker motor and fixed the lockdown bar button. My thought is that this is an excellent middle of the road game, like Scared Stiff(which is, after a couple of decades, still my favorite game), Some tougher modes, some shots that are begging to screw you over(Spot is a drain monster for me), and everything can feel frenetic. To really get a high score, you have to think a little, and practice patience. All in all, a well rounded game.
Of course, I'm still on v1.0.0. I'll update the code this week sometime.

#8861 3 years ago

Unless you have a topper there is not much new in anything over 1.0. maybe a few more clips were made available but that's about it.

#8862 3 years ago

Not sure if this is the best place to post, but thought it would certainly be good to get some owner's opinions. I am considering getting this game for a cabin we have in northern Wisconsin. I only have room for one machine and this seems like a great title for all ages and skill levels, but mostly casual and probably a lot of 2 and 4 player games. Personally, I love the theme, artwork and lower playfield and don't care as much if it does not have the deepest code, especially since we won't be there all the time. Recommend? I absolutely want a newer machine for reliability, sound quality, modern lighting, etc. Thanks!

#8863 3 years ago

I just unpacked my Munsters Premium today and I found 3 Thumb screws and 1 Phillips screw at the bottom of the box. Does anyone know where they go?

63FAA1E7-11ED-4141-8F1C-2BED9657542C (resized).jpeg63FAA1E7-11ED-4141-8F1C-2BED9657542C (resized).jpeg
#8864 3 years ago

The thumb screws look like the ones that keep the coin mechs in place on the back side of the coin door

#8865 3 years ago
Quoted from jotunheim:

Not sure if this is the best place to post, but thought it would certainly be good to get some owner's opinions. I am considering getting this game for a cabin we have in northern Wisconsin. I only have room for one machine and this seems like a great title for all ages and skill levels, but mostly casual and probably a lot of 2 and 4 player games. Personally, I love the theme, artwork and lower playfield and don't care as much if it does not have the deepest code, especially since we won't be there all the time. Recommend? I absolutely want a newer machine for reliability, sound quality, modern lighting, etc. Thanks!

This is a great place to post. I honestly believe that Munsters is one of the best bang for the buck games out there. It wasn't even on my radar until I played one on a whim while checking out a Monster Bash at a dealer. The art, video integration, and smooth play are top notch. Your friends and family won't care that it isn't a "top 10" on Pinside.

#8866 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

This is a great place to post. I honestly believe that Munsters is one of the best bang for the buck games out there. It wasn't even on my radar until I played one on a whim while checking out a Monster Bash at a dealer. The art, video integration, and smooth play are top notch. Your friends and family won't care that it isn't a "top 10" on Pinside.

I'll agree with this - it's a nice nostalgic license and shoots well for the most part. Largely inoffensive yet very colorful and fun with good sound and nice animation and vibrant colors. I think your guests would enjoy it and if you have rotating guests you won't have to worry about them becoming tired of it over a long stretch of time.

Quoted from jotunheim:

#8867 3 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

I just unpacked my Munsters Premium today and I found 3 Thumb screws and 1 Phillips screw at the bottom of the box. Does anyone know where they go?
[quoted image]

The 1 Phillips screw probably goes to the back side of spot. There is a counter balance there that seems to like loosing screws. I put mine back in with a little blue thread lock

#8868 3 years ago
Quoted from jotunheim:

Go for it. It is a great pin for the casual player. The rules are not complicated. Step up and start playing and enjoy some good shooting. When your guests make their first loop shot they will be hooked.

It is family friendly. And good looking.

#8869 3 years ago
Quoted from jotunheim:

Absolutely agree with what the others have said. I almost let all the haters scare me away from this one until I had a chance to play it. The use case you described for this game is perfect. It plays great and unless you are planning on training on it for many hours a day, you won't get tired of it. The lights, sound, video, artwork, etc. is all top rate. You won't regret it!

#8870 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

One more upvote from me, agreeing with others. It's a great, beautiful game. Easy to approach, fun to shoot, and plenty to keep the vast majority happy. I prefer it over MB personally, as it's just a modern approach to a classic theme. Play mine often.

Build is one of the better in recent Sterns....a great choice, imho...

#8871 3 years ago

well, its not because some are saying code is not deep enough (i'm in), that these are haters !

once again, this pin is more than nice in every aspect, except, if you're a hardcore pinball player, about code which is way too short for a modern pin

but if you're simply casual with pinball, this is a good choice without a doubt, simple as that

#8872 3 years ago

I wanted to post a pics that someone sent me of their Munsters B&W premium. They did the 5.25" speaker / speaker light upgrade on it and was debating on what color speaker surrounds to get to match the game. What seemed like the best fit was either nothing...that's always an option and looks fine, the white surrounds or the silver mirror surrounds.

He ended up and bought both the white and silver mirror surrounds. Then I thought about what the BACK of the silver mirror surrounds look like. The back of them are a grey color. I suggested that he give them a try flipped backwards and he seemed to like that best.

The silver mirror matches the T molding well, but is a bit dark otherwise (when not backlit). The white looked good, but maybe a bit to bright and bold. The back of the silver mirror seems to strike a nice balance between being dark (like the silver mirror) or bright (like the white) and the good news is if you prefer the silver mirror over the grey backing.....you can always just flip them. It's like having 2 nice color selections in one surround set. The color of the silver mirror backing also matches the speaker cones of the Kenwood KCF-1366s speakers very well.

Anyway...here is the picture. On the left side is the silver mirror facing out and on the right side is the BACK of the silver mirror facing out.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

silver mirror left - grey right (resized).jpegsilver mirror left - grey right (resized).jpeg

#8873 3 years ago

20200812_122048 (resized).jpg20200812_122048 (resized).jpg20200812_122055 (resized).jpg20200812_122055 (resized).jpg20200812_122344 (resized).jpg20200812_122344 (resized).jpg

#8874 3 years ago

Rest in Peace Chas from Stern and Thank you for everything you did for all of us. He help so many and was a very big asset to the pinball community! My condolences to his family & friends

16C21965-0FB9-4971-B132-E8E72F66B037 (resized).jpeg16C21965-0FB9-4971-B132-E8E72F66B037 (resized).jpeg
#8875 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Rest in Peace Chas from Stern and Thank you for everything you did for all of us. He help so many and was a very big asset to the pinball community! My condolences to his family & friends
[quoted image]

Very sad news. One of the good guys. He always, always helped me with issues, even "out of warranty" issues. RIP.

#8876 3 years ago

did you all see this from Mr Pinball this morning?

Munsters Pro, 2019 Stern: $5000
New in box. Still strapped to pallet. Available for pickup in Topeka, Kansas or can ship at buyer's expense. Feel free to call with questions.
Blake Phone: 785-318-4287
[email protected], Topeka, Kansas

#8877 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I wanted to post a pics that someone sent me of their Munsters B&W premium. They did the 5.25" speaker / speaker light upgrade on it and was debating on what color speaker surrounds to get to match the game. What seemed like the best fit was either nothing...that's always an option and looks fine, the white surrounds or the silver mirror surrounds.
He ended up and bought both the white and silver mirror surrounds. Then I thought about what the BACK of the silver mirror surrounds look like. The back of them are a grey color. I suggested that he give them a try flipped backwards and he seemed to like that best.
The silver mirror matches the T molding well, but is a bit dark otherwise (when not backlit). The white looked good, but maybe a bit to bright and bold. The back of the silver mirror seems to strike a nice balance between being dark (like the silver mirror) or bright (like the white) and the good news is if you prefer the silver mirror over the grey backing.....you can always just flip them. It's like having 2 nice color selections in one surround set. The color of the silver mirror backing also matches the speaker cones of the Kenwood KCF-1366s speakers very well.
Anyway...here is the picture. On the left side is the silver mirror facing out and on the right side is the BACK of the silver mirror facing out.
[quoted image]

What is a good 5 1/4 speaker to replace my 4” is there a benefit to go with 3-way?
Do you have the silver mirror surround?

#8878 3 years ago
Quoted from GamesbyAPK:

What is a good 5 1/4 speaker to replace my 4” is there a benefit to go with 3-way?
Do you have the silver mirror surround?

I actually have 5.25" JBL, Kenwood and Pyle speakers to try in my Jurassic Park premium....but haven't had a chance to swap them all in for a head to head comparison. So I don't have any firsthand knowledge to go by, but the Kenwood KFC-1366s seems like a solid suggestion since that is what Stern has been using in the LE games for awhile.....and the light silver cones look really nice when lit up.

Yes, I have the 5.25" silver mirror speaker surrounds on my website. They are etched and they appear silver mirror when not back lit, but when they are back lit they do allow any of the colors from the light kit to shine through them. As mentioned, when they are flipped backwards they are a grey color and also allow the light to shine through them when backlit.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Surrounds.html

#8879 3 years ago

For what it is worth, Doug is a very great guy to work with. He will answer all the dumb questions.

I need to get the speaker lights for my Munsters. It looks great.

#8880 3 years ago

I left the club a couple months ago,but I Salute this game for being a real Ass Kicker.

#8881 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

For what it is worth, Doug is a very great guy to work with. He will answer all the dumb questions.
I need to get the speaker lights for my Munsters. It looks great.

What do they look like on a LE?

#8882 3 years ago

I have been looking around for weeks for a topper, but can't find one anywhere. Is it expected that there will eventually be another batch of these produced? If anybody knows of someone with some stock, or you have one but are moving on to another pin and would be willing to sell it separately, please send a PM my way.

Thanks!

#8883 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

[quoted image]

This is terrible news!!! Just saw this, and he was amazing to deal with at Stern. Prayers and peace to his family and loved ones...he will be missed by more than he ever could have imagined...

#8884 3 years ago

My wife got Munsters madness for the first time recently. I have only managed it a handful of times, mostly because we both find Spot to be hard to get. Not sure why that ramp is so hard for us to make, but dang, on my machine it is tough. I wonder if I have it a little steeper than normal. Anyway, it's rocking.

#8885 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

My wife got Munsters madness for the first time recently. I have only managed it a handful of times, mostly because we both find Spot to be hard to get. Not sure why that ramp is so hard for us to make, but dang, on my machine it is tough. I wonder if I have it a little steeper than normal. Anyway, it's rocking.

Spot is safer to backhand from the left flipper. Right flipper shots tend to go Sdtm.

#8886 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

You can backhand either ramp too. Try practicing that.

#8887 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve been unable to pull the right ramp backhand off from a cradle on my Premium. The LE I had for a few months could make that shot all day long. Compared to my BM66, my Munsters flippers do feel weaker (regardless of power settings - I notice virtually no difference between hard/soft in the main flippers). Might try to get the meter out this weekend to measure voltages.

Any other advice? I know to check the coil stops/etc. these flippers have already felt this way from day one.

#8888 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

What do they look like on a LE?

Well if you are getting the 5.25" speaker surrounds for a Munster LE.....I would get the GOLD mirrored ones. They look like the factory surrounds, but with more of a mirror finish than what the dull gold / brass factory ones have

The best news though is with the etching process they have....light from the Type 13 light kit WILL shine through them, unlike the gold metal surround from the factory. This really makes a big difference when the 2 are compared. In the attached pictures the factory surround is on the right and my gold mirror surround is on the left. As you can see, the gold mirror looks a lot like the factory surround when not lit. As stated, it is more mirrored looking and does a great job of matching the t-molding trim and id plate on the LE. When the light kit is turned on....the difference between them is obvious. My surrounds will allow the light from the light kit to light them up, whereas the factory surround just blocks the light. Of course you can still see the light kit lighting up the speaker cones, but not the surround ring.

As mentioned with the silver mirror surround, the back of the gold mirrored surrounds is a grey looking color.....though I don't know why you would want that with the LE model and it's trim. Another slight difference between the gold mirror and silver mirror is the etched area of the silver mirror just has a frosted appearance on the light that shines through it, where the gold mirror will add a slight gold tint to the light shining through it.

All and all, if you have a Munsters LE and are using a Deluxe 5.25" Speaker Light Kit with it....I think the gold mirrored surrounds is the way to go and a significant improvement over the metal factory surrounds that do not allow any light to shine through them.

SLK left and factory right not lit (resized).jpgSLK left and factory right not lit (resized).jpgSLK left and factory right lit 01 (resized).jpgSLK left and factory right lit 01 (resized).jpgSLK not lit 01 (resized).jpgSLK not lit 01 (resized).jpgSLK lit 01 (resized).JPGSLK lit 01 (resized).JPG

#8889 3 years ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

Any other advice? I know to check the coil stops/etc. these flippers have already felt this way from day one.

If it were me, I’d rebuild the flippers with nicer parts from PBL or Marco. Then I’d open the coin door put a standing fan shooting into the cabinet and practice backhanding the shot with the glass off.

If that works, contact Vireland about getting his flipper coil fans. Your games flippers will stay strong for long periods of play. Little to no fade in power as they try to heat up.

#8890 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You should be able to but I moved my game to a new spot and releveled it and haven't been able to backhand the left ramp since so I will be adjusting it until I can.

#8891 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If it were me, I’d rebuild the flippers with nicer parts from PBL or Marco. Then I’d open the coin door put a standing fan shooting into the cabinet and practice backhanding the shot with the glass off.
If that works, contact Vireland about getting his flipper coil fans. Your games flippers will stay strong for long periods of play. Little to no fade in power as they try to heat up.

Rocket Flippers?

#8892 3 years ago

Is the Munsters Topper worth it?

#8893 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Did you find one? Never seem to be in stock. I ordered one several weeks ago, got an email this week that they have been informed that Stern is discontinuing them. It wasn't a typical pinball retailer, so take that with a grain of salt.

#8894 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Did you find one? Never seem to be in stock. I ordered one several weeks ago, got an email this week that they have been informed that Stern is discontinuing them. It wasn't a typical pinball retailer, so take that with a grain of salt.

Nope never found one or had anyone PM me. I don't have a reliable source to confirm or deny, but there sure doesn't seem to be anyone out there with any.

Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

The Munsters is a long term keeper for me, so (to me) it is worth it. If it was a pin that was just "passing thru", it would be a tougher call. I'm just surprised that with all the "trading up to TMNT" someone doesn't have one that they would love to shift...

#8895 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Oh crap, that does not sound good

#8896 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Oh crap, that does not sound good

Not surprising though....with all the issues they have had with them...

#8897 3 years ago

Mine works good(bird pops out and clock spins). But it might be up for sale if I sell my game. The atlanta market is pretty slow right now. So it might be hard to move the game.

#8899 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I’ve said it before but it’s worth repeating. It’s worth the money and worth the inevitable repairs you will need to do as the out of box failure rate of these is ridiculously high. But we can help you get sorted.

The topper really adds to the game. The Raven is a total ball breaker and interacts with you frequently throughout your games mostly heckling. It really works well with the theme.

This is easily one of the best toppers ever in my book.

Played some Munsters tonight and drained my last ball with grandpas basement lit and ready for Munster Madness Level II!!! Soooooooooooooooooooooo close!

My wife played tonight and also made it to level 1 Munster Madness! Good night.

I also took a picture of my tables and their plays...

AFMR 235
Munsters 117
STNG 55
Stranger Things 33
MMRRE 30

2BEDEF8F-A3C6-4F3B-8B61-DB67C20331D4 (resized).jpeg2BEDEF8F-A3C6-4F3B-8B61-DB67C20331D4 (resized).jpeg
#8900 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I’ve said it before but it’s worth repeating. It’s worth the money and worth the inevitable repairs you will need to do as the out of box failure rate of these is ridiculously high. But we can help you get sorted.
The topper really adds to the game. The Raven is a total ball breaker and interacts with you frequently throughout your games mostly heckling. It really works well with the theme.
This is easily one of the best toppers ever in my book.
Played some Munsters tonight and drained my last ball with grandpas basement lit and ready for Munster Madness Level II!!! Soooooooooooooooooooooo close!
My wife played tonight and also made it to level 1 Munster Madness! Good night.
I also took a picture of my tables and their plays...
AFMR 235
Munsters 117
STNG 55
Stranger Things 33
MMRRE 30
[quoted image]

Is that total plays? I've got over 2k on my Munsters. My stranger things over 2500. I just picked up a stern pirates a little over a month ago and have put over 500 on it. I play a lot I guess

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/178?hl=rozeks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.