IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 237.
#8801 3 years ago
#8802 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Amen to that. Cannot believe Stern apologists constantly coming into this thread saying “it’s fine the way it is”, when many of these same people blasted it in the “worst code ever thread”.
Please Stern @Xavery give Munsters more love! (Yes, apologists, we like it the way it is too, but what is wrong with making a good game great? Only code depth needed to do that. Borg did everything else already.)
Franchi just asked on his latest podcast, “what can we do Dwight, to convince you to give more love to Munsters?”

Agree 100 percent on this post. Lucky enough to pick up a Stern JP. So now Munsters sits next to Elvira and JP. Munsters is a fantastic change up from both games. I am just starting to get into JP and two observations: the shot geometry is simply outstanding and the rules give me a headache. It is one complicated , non linear game. I really like it to this point, but after a couple of games on JP, going over to Munsters is a well deserved break.

That being said, I stand up for Stern and Dwight a lot. Would love to see some more work on Munsters.

#8803 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Which podcast is that dude?

The Super Awesome Pinball Show Podcast

#8804 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

... Would love to see some more work on Munsters ...

yes, please... pretty please!!

#8806 3 years ago

Little Shop of Games has been out of their green 9 piece protector set for months. Any know where I can get a similar set?
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/playfield-plastics/playfield-plastics-protectors/the-munsters-green-9-piece-plastic-protector-set-fluorescent-stern/

#8807 3 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

Little Shop of Games has been out of their green 9 piece protector set for months. Any know where I can get a similar set?
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/playfield-plastics/playfield-plastics-protectors/the-munsters-green-9-piece-plastic-protector-set-fluorescent-stern/

You can try Ulekstore but I know he was having a hard time getting materials

#8808 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Amen to that. Cannot believe Stern apologists constantly coming into this thread saying “it’s fine the way it is”, when many of these same people blasted it in the “worst code ever thread”.
Please Stern @Xavery give Munsters more love! (Yes, apologists, we like it the way it is too, but what is wrong with making a good game great? Only code depth needed to do that. Borg did everything else already.)
Franchi just asked on his latest podcast, “what can we do Dwight, to convince you to give more love to Munsters?”

To which Dwight replied, daily handies and a Coca Cola for a year would do it.

***Dwight did not really reply this. I jest.

#8809 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I cant wait to watch this as soon as i have A little time. Thanks for posting it.

If you haven’t found time yet, make sure to set aside a half hour this weekend. It really is one of the best tutorials for any game I’ve watched.

#8810 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

If you haven’t found time yet, make sure to set aside a half hour this weekend. It really is one of the best tutorials for any game I’ve watched.

I am 100% going to watch it within the next few days. I'm excited to watch it and I'm sure that I also have a lot to learn too even though I know the rules fairly well.

#8811 3 years ago

Would this be a good pin to trade my WCS94 for? I only have space for one pin Currently and wasn't sure if this would be good for a single pin collection.

#8812 3 years ago
Quoted from Wanimal:

Would this be a good pin to trade my WCS94 for? I only have space for one pin Currently and wasn't sure if this would be good for a single pin collection.

Considering you should be able to get 4K for this pin easy if you don’t like it, hell yeah. Your WCS would have to be one of the best ever to get anywhere near that.

#8813 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Considering you should be able to get 4K for this pin easy if you don’t like it, hell yeah. Your WCS would have to be one of the best ever to get anywhere near that.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/99686

#8814 3 years ago

I would be stunned if you got you asking price if you were to sell your WCS outright. At best 4K and might take forever to find a buyer.

#8815 3 years ago

Just brought my Munsters premium home. Damn it, I love this game. I have mine set up steep, and it's fast and brutal. When it was on route, someone broke the zap button, so I have one on order. Sucked when I got a bunch of stacked super jackpots and couldn't cancel. Alas.

#8816 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would be stunned if you got you asking price if you were to sell your WCS outright. At best 4K and might take forever to find a buyer.

I've had offers at 4200 that I passed on.

#8817 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Just brought my Munsters premium home. Damn it, I love this game. I have mine set up steep, and it's fast and brutal. When it was on route, someone broke the zap button, so I have one on order. Sucked when I got a bunch of stacked super jackpots and couldn't cancel. Alas.

How does one break the Zap button?

#8818 3 years ago
Quoted from Wanimal:

I've had offers at 4200 that I passed on.

Wow. Where are they? Might have to sell mine. Haha

#8819 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wow. Where are they? Might have to sell mine. Haha

Facebook pinball groups seem to be able to sell for higher than in here.

#8820 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yeah that takes some doing my little boy hammers the shit out of my lockdown buttons and they are fine.

#8821 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

As to the how, I couldn't tell you. They snapped the whole mounting area off of it. I have one on order, but I stuck a flipper button in there in the meantime. Can just see the light flash around the edge of it. Annoying.

116101935_625275184775123_2099459111498008398_n (resized).jpg116101935_625275184775123_2099459111498008398_n (resized).jpg
#8822 3 years ago

Made a trade last weekend for a NIB Munsters Pro. The art is amazing, and it is a super fun, relatively easy machine. It is the perfect yen to my JP yang.

Herman has what appears to be a really ugly injection molding blemish on the top of his head. When he shakes, it's easy to see. Before I bug Stern, is this how they all look?

20200727_232515 (resized).jpg20200727_232515 (resized).jpg

#8823 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Made a trade last weekend for a NIB Munsters Pro. The art is amazing, and it is a super fun, relatively easy machine. It is the perfect yen to my JP yang.
Herman has what appears to be a really ugly injection molding blemish on the top of his head. When he shakes, it's easy to see. Before I bug Stern, is this how they all look?
[quoted image]

Yes

#8824 3 years ago

Well, I asked!

#8825 3 years ago

In photos, or in person, I was never a fan of the "highlighter green" T-Molding. I felt that it took away from the beautiful art on this machine. When I would round the stairs of my basement, my eyes were drawn to those two vertical lines. The translite pops much more now. I can't wait until the topper arrives.

Here is a link to what I used:
https://www.t-molding.com/3-4in-textured-black-t-molding.html

Also, I made an adjustment that I think makes the game flow better: I disabled the top post. I didn't even know that was an adjustment until I was going through the menu today. The standard ball launch always felt clunky to me. Now, a full plunge will send it all the way around the staircase. I can short plunge if I want a launch more like the factory setting.

20200729_120737 (resized).jpg20200729_120737 (resized).jpg20200729_120759 (resized).jpg20200729_120759 (resized).jpg20200729_141935 (resized).jpg20200729_141935 (resized).jpg
#8826 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

In photos, or in person, I was never a fan of the "highlighter green" T-Molding. I felt that it took away from the beautiful art on this machine. When I would round the stairs of my basement, my eyes were drawn to those two vertical lines. The translite pops much more now. I can't wait until the topper arrives.
Also, I made an adjustment that I think makes the game flow better: I disabled the top post. I didn't even know that was an adjustment until I was going through the menu today. The standard ball launch always felt clunky to me. Now, a full plunge will send it all the way around the staircase. I can short plunge if I want a launch more like the factory setting.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I agree I hate the green t-molding I've been wanting to change mine to purple for a year and a half now.are you aware that without disabling the post you can hold down the left flipper button before plunging this will lower the post and enable the super skill shot on the Marylin ramp.I always go for the super skill shot,personally I think it's the easiest of the 3 skill shots and worth the most plus if you can nail the super skill shot then combo the raven ramp you can start Spot immediately and get him out of the way.

#8827 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Definitely changing mine to black after seeing your pictures. I hate the green too.

#8828 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I agree I hate the green t-molding I've been wanting to change mine to purple for a year and a half now.are you aware that without disabling the post you can hold down the left flipper button before plunging this will lower the post and enable the super skill shot on the Marylin ramp.I always go for the super skill shot,personally I think it's the easiest of the 3 skill shots and worth the most plus if you can nail the super skill shot then combo the raven ramp you can start Spot immediately and get him out of the way.

I was not aware of this. I need to fully read through all of the tips and tricks. Thanks for mentioning it.

#8829 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

No need to disable the post to have the ball go all the way around.

This pin has a Super Skill Shot. If you press on the left flipper, a yellow light in front of the right ramp lights up, the hidden post in the back drops down and the ball with sail all the way around to your left flipper. You have 15 seconds to make the skill shot. You will get a 5-4-3-2-1 countdown. Paul Lynde, the little boy, and the topper raven all take turns calling the countdown.

#8830 3 years ago

@ gorditas

Moulding change looks good. The green moulding does jump out at you. If the game is sitting by itself it's fine. Sitting in a row of games it does call attention to itself. I'm going to add a TMNT pro to my lineup hopefully soon. Waiting on shipment like others. Turtles has green moulding also and I am going to space the Turtles down a few games from Munsters to "balance" out the row. I like to set up my games varying the trim color in the row. I think that helps visually if you have several games with different trim colors.

IMG_2977 (resized).JPGIMG_2977 (resized).JPG
#8831 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

@ gorditas
Moulding change looks good. The green moulding does jump out at you. If the game is sitting by itself it's fine. Sitting in a row of games it does call attention to itself. I'm going to add a TMNT pro to my lineup hopefully soon. Waiting on shipment like others. Turtles has green moulding also and I am going to space the Turtles down a few games from Munsters to "balance" out the row. I like to set up my games varying the trim color in the row. I think that helps visually if you have several games with different trim colors.[quoted image]

Holy LCD ROW Batman!!

#8832 3 years ago

Missing Batman 66, TMNT is going to fill the one hole.

#8833 3 years ago

Finally got my hands on a Munsters LE and love it. Have started modding it. I have the Grandpa mod, lit up Spot, put in some LED's to light up the very back of the playfield. Has anyone here put enough mods that use power on their machine that they needed one of the external power supplies that I see advertised on here from time to time? Is it worth it to get something like this or am I unlikely to ever put enough of an extra draw on the PSU to worry about it. Just wanted to see what the rest of you had run into in your modding journey.

Thanks!

#8834 3 years ago
Quoted from Kilowog:

Finally got my hands on a Munsters LE and love it. Have started modding it. I have the Grandpa mod, lit up Spot, put in some LED's to light up the very back of the playfield. Has anyone here put enough mods that use power on their machine that they needed one of the external power supplies that I see advertised on here from time to time? Is it worth it to get something like this or am I unlikely to ever put enough of an extra draw on the PSU to worry about it. Just wanted to see what the rest of you had run into in your modding journey.
Thanks!

Lit up Spot??

#8835 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Lit up Spot??

Red LED's under the ramp.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/the-munsters-pinball-spot-lighted-ramp-flasher

Really like it and it gets your attention when he pops up.

#8836 3 years ago
Quoted from Kilowog:

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/the-munsters-pinball-spot-lighted-ramp-flasher

Is it simple to install?

Is it just changing an led bulb?

Thanks!

#8837 3 years ago
Quoted from Kilowog:

Ordered. cheap...

#8838 3 years ago

It's funny, I must really have been bitten by the pinball bug. We are on vacation, and I looked on the pinmap to see if there was a Medieval Madness on location near by. There is, so I went to play. I had only ever played one of them before. It's still on my bucket list, but the price will have to come down. It's cool, but not twice a$ cool as other machines.

Anyway, the way the ball stops in the middle of the back reminds me of Munsters as well as the "Archer" shot: the Dragula is just like it. I'm sure those of you who have been in the hobby for a long time are aware of these things, but it made me chuckle when I saw the homage myself today.

#8839 3 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

Is it simple to install?
Is it just changing an led bulb?
Thanks!

Very simple to install. Good directions.
It is a small strip of red LED's that stick to the top of the underside of the ramp. The only thing you need to be be careful of is sticking the LED strip far enough back to allow the ramp to close completely. Hooks into the existing flasher with alligator clips. It was about a 5 minute install.

Glad I did it.

#8840 3 years ago
Quoted from Kilowog:

Very simple to install. Good directions.
It is a small strip of red LED's that stick to the top of the underside of the ramp. The only thing you need to be be careful of is sticking the LED strip far enough back to allow the ramp to close completely. Hooks into the existing flasher with alligator clips. It was about a 5 minute install.
Glad I did it.

Thanks ... just ordered it!

#8841 3 years ago

... and FREE shipping on top of the great deal.

#8842 3 years ago

I keep coming back to Munsters on my wishlist. Is the code similar to MB? Essentially, you just collect all of the characters, then have a mini-wizard mode once they’re all together?

Are the two games comparable code-wise? Both on my wishlist, so trying to decide.

#8843 3 years ago

So, I'm still sporting 1.0.0 code. Any urgent reason to update?
Also, had a shaker sitting around, and I installed it this weekend. Nice little additions to the game, imo.

#8844 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Forgive me if this excellent gameplay tutorial has already made this thread... its over a year old, so many of you have probably already seen it.
I thought it was worth posting as i just recently discovered it. For all the code complaint on this pin, I think the code and shots are near perfect for this pin to be a great tournament machine far into the future. The number of risk vs reward decisions you have to make with the code is high. What order to play each mode for max points and return of effort? When to avoid certain shots to save for later (like when to use kitty multipliers)? Using Lily and Dragula at the right times for add a ball and boosts during multiball. The obvious of saving your supers for when multipliers are up.
This game will be among the last to leave my collection. Oh... and if I could get half the talent of Eric for my next bday wish, I’d be golden!

I just watched this and this is a must watch for anyone who owns this game! Great great tutorial.

#8845 3 years ago

Funny, Just watched it as well. Game starts and he says start spot and then time that out cause it's the most boring part of the game. Doesn't even go for it. First minute is timing out.

On the PRO, not sure if it's like this on the higher end versions, but get grandpa ready before starting spot and a shot to the scoop starts grandpa as well. That way you can have both going at the same time and at least get some credit for ramp shots. Plus you now have 2 kitty shots from that right off the bat. Then start herman and increase playfield to 6 immediately. Start lily and keep doing what the guy is saying. Works great. Then once herman is over you are hopefully ready to start raven with 6x still going. Only real difference from what he recommends is I like to increase the playfield in herman probably because I'm exploiting an issue in the code where grandpa and spot can stack.

#8846 3 years ago

I just fire the game up and play and have fun.

#8847 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I keep coming back to Munsters on my wishlist. Is the code similar to MB? Essentially, you just collect all of the characters, then have a mini-wizard mode once they’re all together?
Are the two games comparable code-wise? Both on my wishlist, so trying to decide.

Mudflaps Munsters wasn't even on my radar until a month ago. I drove a few hours to a part of my state that had a retailer with a MB in stock. I had never played one before, but was very interested. I enjoyed playing it, and was about to leave when on a whim, I decided to play a game on the Munsters sitting next to it. I was surprised at how much I liked it. The art is amazing, the video integration is superb, and it's just a great flowing game. No, it isn't as deep as MB, but i think it's just about as fun. I'm certain that MB isn't 2x as fun (price). It's a great game for guests, and or to have an easier game in the collection that is just fun.

I would definitely try and play both, and ask yourself which is the best bang for the buck. Send me a PM, and I can connect you with a guy who can get you a great NIB deal, if you decide to go that direction.

#8848 3 years ago

Or buy both

8446C3AA-647D-46D0-8A24-CF85ACDAE253 (resized).jpeg8446C3AA-647D-46D0-8A24-CF85ACDAE253 (resized).jpeg
#8849 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I think they are very similar personally...especially the modes for a wizard mode. I think the shots are harder in MUN. I think the toys are better in MB. I think the video and callouts are better in MUN. I like the artwork in MB very much, but I think the B/W premium MUN is one of the best ever. MB seems more finished overall, but as an older game with easier shots, I tire of it quicker. I do have some deeper games to balance MUN. I really love it. 90s games like MB, TZ, TAF, CFTBL, etc are awesome, but at this point I get bored with them easier compared to games from the last 10 years. Kind of like classic cars.. I LOVE the lines of the 60s and 70s cars,, but it is hard to beat modern power, convenience and reliability.. YMMV

#8850 3 years ago

Selling my Fully Decked out Munsters Premium B&W edition. Add will come as soon as I get all caught up at office..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/177?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.