IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 237.
#8701 3 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

Great seller! ... I got a BM66 from DeathHimself ... the pin was in perfect condition with a lot of awesome mods.
I now have a BM66 and a Munsters Pro next to each other ... I am a happy camper!

Me too! Great 60s combo meal.

#8702 3 years ago

I’m all in on that lineup. The 2 themes (Bat66 & Munsters) and now TMNT, will be staying in my game room. Theme has the most important role in staying power, imo. Yes, the game needs to have depth to have last-ability in any lineup. When I play a game I want to feel good playing it and those 3 games help me do just that.

Other games I have, may have more frustration than fun for me. For example, DI has tons of great toys and code depth, but the theme and gameplay are just too frustrating. Can’t even see the most important shot in all the game, the SIM card shot. That shot is far more luck than skill. The left side of the PF, the ball gets completely lost. Bob the builder and other very close targets almost make multi ball the most frustrating experience in all of MB, because of so many STDM drains. When a game has frustrating play and has a so so theme: its time to reconsider. Lol

One exception to that rule is SW. It has one of the best themes, but very frustrating game play at times. Those 3 STDM targets in the middle of the PF, should have been adjusted, along with the left (very hungry) out lane drain. If SW troubled PF layout was any other theme, I’d be hard press to like it at all. The depth of code on SW does help it big time, although.

Just played Munsters again last night and each time I play it becomes even more fun, as I hone in the shots. Secret mania mode is entered every time I play. My wife knows I’ve started Munsters, just because she hears all the button mashing/flipper action, before the 1st ball is even plunged! Lol

(Please Dwight, fix that to be part of gameplay now that the cat is out of the bag, no longer being a secret.)

#8703 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

...For example, DI has tons of great toys and code depth, but the theme and gameplay are just too frustrating. Can’t even see the most important shot in all the game, the SIM card shot. That shot is far more luck than skill

easy : remove the hole protector, and its already way better to shot...
still not satisfied ? remove the rubbers from the metal posts

now, you can shoot that scoop as intended
enjoy

#8704 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

As long as I have been in this it would be a first for a pinball company especially Stern to release complete!!!!
Wait then again you can call anything complete as long as people keep throwing money at new Stern games. When the money train slows nothing will be complete.
Just the way pinball works.

All EM's came complete. No waits or dreaming of updates to game play. What you saw is what you got and the game was done. No whining either because no world wide interweb. That's the way pinball used to work.

#8705 3 years ago

I like The Munsters the way it is. Everything doesn't have to be a codefest. A few more video clips would have been nice, But I like what it is. All ok with me.

#8706 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

All EM's came complete. No waits or dreaming of updates to game play. What you saw is what you got and the game was done. No whining either because no world wide interweb. That's the way pinball used to work.

So true! No code to worry about!

#8707 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

So true! No code to worry about!

And games had real back glasses - no translites.

All came equipped with real knockers too. Real knockers are always better

#8708 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I like The Munsters the way it is. Everything doesn't have to be a codefest. A few more video clips would have been nice, But I like what it is. All ok with me.

I think you’re right too. I’ve really been enjoying having a bash on Munsters since I bought it a month or two ago. I haven’t played much of my other games to be honest. It’s just so much fun to shoot and all I really have to think about is bringing lily in with everything and having kitty running at 6x all the time. Job done!

#8709 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Different clientele. Different locations. The operators did not care as long as a pin was making money in some dark bar somewhere. The casual player dropped a couple of coins and then moved on. The drunks were too drunk to care.

Now, the pins live in the basements of doctors and lawyers and dentists. The dentists grab their mirrors and picks and fine tooth comb the pin. The lawyers are ready to hang paper at the slightest imperfection. It is a picky bunch

#8710 3 years ago

Can anybody post a picture of the contents of their goodie bag? Or at least a quick description of what is in there? I always leave everything in there but when I open this one up there was very little and I’m just wondering what came with it originally?

#8711 3 years ago

I have a non-pinside friend considering a recent Stern and Munsters pro came up...

Are there issues with this one like the dimpling common on Stranger Things?
What's the code situation like?
Are there problem areas/parts?
Any advice you would share?

#8712 3 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

...What's the code situation like?...

good luck...

#8713 3 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

I have a non-pinside friend considering a recent Stern and Munsters pro came up...

I may run out of popcorn here.

#8715 3 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

#8716 3 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

I'll be honest on mine and avoid the code question.

I have stranger things and this does not dimple like that one. I have about the same number of plays on them and Munsters looks great while st looks like the moon.

The only real problem area I have had is the long wire on the left side of Herman. There is a 3d print for that that works great. This machine has been rock solid and shoots great. I have the pro

#8717 3 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

- There have been some playfield issues with Munsters however there have been no new runs of Munsters playfields since Stranger Things so it’s difficult to compare but with the softer wood in recent years expect some dimpling (though I haven’t seen anything as bad as some ST owners are reporting). If that’s a concern, get a playfield protector. I would put a protector on any Stern game made in the last four years.

- According to the lead programmer, the code is considered functionally complete. It is not considered as deep as most recent games but most owners enjoy and have no major issues with it. There are unconfirmed rumors of a code update, but I would tell your friend to only buy the game if they are ok with the code as is.

- No major problem/issues unique to Munsters. There are some minor fixes to Herman and surrounding area. And, like most Stern games in recent years, the coil stops are absolute crap and should be replaced.

- The Pro is one of the better value Pros, great art, shoots well and plays fast.

#8718 3 years ago

I did not use to put protectors on and PF had dimples all over, no matter which manufactures machine I’ve purchased. I put a PF protector on all machines from day one now and zero issues, with many plays. Munsters PF still looks like new and the protector does not affect game play like some suggest, with the new very thin protector from playfield-protector.com. Honestly, it is the cheapest mod you may put on. All my machines look brand new, all the time.

#8719 3 years ago

Theres too the problem with Grandpa hole Protector, for some people they break very often. The side flaps break off.
But i am not sure for how many this problems occurs, but on my machines it is.

The Code is said to be done.
If you have the chance play it. Play it a little longer and take in considertation that the code is not as deep as on other machines.
Think over if this will stil make you happy a long time. I like the machine like it is. Just playing, no code monster just fast and fun.

#8720 3 years ago

More polish for wrong game!!

Maybe Munsters is next Dwight?!
9FFE95EC-23C5-4C19-B168-579FA75244E6 (resized).jpeg9FFE95EC-23C5-4C19-B168-579FA75244E6 (resized).jpeg

#8721 3 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

I have a Munsters Premium and not a Pro. But I have played both. I hafta say Premium all the way. The lower playfield is a hit with my whole family.

Problem areas. I haven't had any yet to speak of. So many good mods for this one.

The code is stable and admittedly simple. But the lower playfield and topper make this one a keeper for me. So much going on during Raven Multiball.

As far as advice goes. The topper can be something of a pain in the ass due to Sterns QC. But it's worth getting one and getting it going.

#8722 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I did not use to put protectors on and PF had dimples all over, no matter which manufactures machine I’ve purchased. I put a PF protector on all machines from day one now and zero issues, with many plays. Munsters PF still looks like new and the protector does not affect game play like some suggest, with the new very thin protector from playfield-protector.com. Honestly, it is the cheapest mod you may put on. All my machines look brand new, all the time.

i understand those who think PP is nice
than i hope you understand that i dont want PP on my pins, as its just not true when you say : "the protector does not affect game play"

but OK, let's deal with our own choice/feeling of course

#8723 3 years ago

I have owned my Munster s BW Premium for almost a year now, the fun never ends great game. Just put up my best score to date 154066500 would have been better butt, I always manage to tilt on maddnes. Have and stay say evryone

#8724 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Alek is like the 15th best player in the world. Lots of games aren’t deep enough for him. Haha

Tune on what?

Their tune on the code being done when so many seem to expect major code overhauls/polish two years after release.

#8725 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would be great for all their releases to be done like this. Feature complete. Don’t expect anything else but scoring balances and bug fixes. Maybe people will stop buying games with the hopes it becomes a game they love eventually. Wishful thinking I’m sure.

Yeah, I totally see what you are saying.

I bought Munsters for what it was.

It was my first nib current gen pinball machine.

I already owned AFMR, RFM, STNG.

So I hadn’t really even thought about or been aware of tables shipping with unfinished code. Let alone it being a regular thing.

In that regard Stranger Things has been quite the experience.

I think I personally prefer the game being feature complete and maybe just getting bug fixes or polish.

Vs play Ghostbusters at one venue and it’s a hoot and a holler. Only to play it at another venue on old code and it’s a kick in the taint.

#8726 3 years ago

All that said. I hope I live to see rooted pins.

What’s being done with RFM is amazing.

It’d be nice to see what a community could do with an open codebase on an already great layout.

#8728 3 years ago

I finally gave up on new code and traded for an Iron Man. I'm happy with my choice.
D.

#8729 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Their tune on the code being done when so many seem to expect major code overhauls/polish two years after release.

That’s on the consumer in my opinion. If they do more research before making these massive purchases it’s pretty easy to see what is to be expected with these new games.

My first NIB was GOT pro. Bought it during a time that all games were very unfinished out of the gate and it was a real risk it would never get finished. I bought it after playing the current code and loving it. All the code updates after that were great, but didn’t factor into my purchase at all.

I get I’m probably not the typical first NIB buyer. I researched new games for over a year before I bought one. Haha

#8730 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

kick in the taint.

"Taint." It has been a long time since I have heard that word used in conversation. An old boy I worked with in Texas years ago told me what taint was.

You will probably need to tell everybody what "taint" is.

#8731 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s on the consumer in my opinion. If they do more research before making these massive purchases it’s pretty easy to see what is to be expected with these new games.

Yes, it’s on the consumer but Stern makes it extremely difficult by pushing the LEs so early. For titles with high interest/demand (like Munsters) LEs can get sold out in a few days before buyers have a chance to play or even know what’s in the code. Most of the time all you have at announce are pictures and the feature matrix for the different trims. I’m sure 90+ percent of LEs are bought by people who haven’t yet had a chance to play the game because, in many cases, the LEs sell out so fast (and in Munster’s case demand was so high Stern added another 100 after the initial announcement).

I agree with you 100% on Pro/Premiums. With Munsters the original plan was that the black and white art package was going to be on the LE. I was on my distributor’s LE list forever because I didn’t want to miss the b/w version.

#8732 3 years ago
Quoted from Pedleboy:

I finally gave up on new code and traded for an Iron Man. I'm happy with my choice.
D.

What we’re you hoping for from the code? It’s pretty basic but it’s a fun shooting machine

#8733 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

What we’re you hoping for from the code? It’s pretty basic but it’s a fun shooting machine

For how “basic and easy” the game is, ive gotten to Munster madness a few times but have choked each time. I also haven’t learned how to build up shots or modes so there is a lot there. I only have the one on route near me but man if they made the pro in b/w I’d have a hard time saying no, now that it will be for sale for a tmnt. I’ll miss it, I really like the game and It’s been more popular than Jurassic Park pro at this location.

#8734 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

For how “basic and easy” the game is, ive gotten to Munster madness a few times but have choked each time. I also haven’t learned how to build up shots or modes so there is a lot there. I only have the one on route near me but man if they made the pro in b/w I’d have a hard time saying no, now that it will be for sale for a tmnt. I’ll miss it, I really like the game and It’s been more popular than Jurassic Park pro at this location.

I like it more than Jp too. It’s a great shooter and I just keep pressing that damn start button! I don’t have to think too hard to play it. No two games feel the same. You know some games they just feel the same no matter what. This one you can start anything in any order (apart from raven) and you shoot the entire playfield and I love that!! Shooting the entire playfield makes me enjoy a game sooo much more! Dialed In whilst good just started to feel very samey, hit qed guy then scoop rinse repeat

#8735 3 years ago

I like it more than Jp too. It’s a great shooter and I just keep pressing that damn start button! I don’t have to think too hard to play it. No two games feel the same. You know some games they just feel the same no matter what. This one you can start anything in any order (apart from raven) and you shoot the entire playfield and I love that!! Shooting the entire playfield makes me enjoy a game sooo much more! Dialed In whilst good just started to feel very samey, hit qed guy then scoop rinse repeat

I just had a talk with a friend about games and feelings if the game pulls you in or gives you that anxiety while playing. He had a dialed in and said he never felt the urgency or rush like when playing lotr's. And those are things you don't often hear people talk about, but it makes tons of sense on what hooks people to games. I started to play with Munsters on when I would start Herman multiball, do I want it right away to hit other things, or do I want to try and collect things then get it... yeah, I love having a few games so you have a mix of difficulty, style and average game length, but the next game has to be a "fun" game...scared stiff or munsters would be great!

#8736 3 years ago

I was hoping for some more depth and overall polish. I had traded a Full Throttle for the Munsters, just to get out of the FT before it broke. Being 43, I never watched The Munsters when it was on, so I don't have any emotional connection to the game. On the other hand, I grew up reading Iron Man and it's my favorite super hero.
D.

#8737 3 years ago

Playing this a lot recently and the code isn’t the main problem imo it’s the theme integration or lack there of.

I’m probably not the only one that was comparing this to BM66 prior to release, probably because both shows where from the same era.

One thing I would like to see is a mode where you have to shoot the main playfield then scoop to drop to the lower, make set shots on the lower, then back up to the main. Unless there is a mode that does that already that I haven’t seen. And I don’t mean going from the main to the lower par for course I mean set shots between each playfield to pull them together.

#8738 3 years ago

It really is mind boggling to me that stern doesn’t give this game some more love . With more theme integration and implementation of some of the ideas batted around in this thread this - to me - would be one of the greatest games ever built . I still love mine , it’s a fun game but it could easily be so much more .

#8739 3 years ago

Freshly powder coated...

20200701_160757 (resized).jpg20200701_160757 (resized).jpg
#8740 3 years ago

Finally got to the topper and fixed as the bird he was getting stuck half way in or out so I added a little sewing machine oil to hinge, and a small amount of super lube grease to the rail it moves on. Also moved some of the wires, because they were a pinch hazard.
I thought the clock hand was supposed to be on 12, but the bird keeps saying 11 o clock when I turn the game on. Anyone know where it's supposed to go?

#8741 3 years ago
Quoted from Rustyvanwyck:

Freshly powder coated...
[quoted image]

Love the purple. Looks really sharp. Nice work!

#8742 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Finally got to the topper and fixed as the bird he was getting stuck half way in or out so I added a little sewing machine oil to hinge, and a small amount of super lube grease to the rail it moves on. Also moved some of the wires, because they were a pinch hazard.
I thought the clock hand was supposed to be on 12, but the bird keeps saying 11 o clock when I turn the game on. Anyone know where it's supposed to go?

Nvmd, got it figured out. That thing is a pain to get working right, it was always like 2 hours ahead of where it was supposed to be.

#8743 3 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

It really is mind boggling to me that stern doesn’t give this game some more love . With more theme integration and implementation of some of the ideas batted around in this thread this - to me - would be one of the greatest games ever built . I still love mine , it’s a fun game but it could easily be so much more .

A thousand times yes!

#8744 3 years ago

My first Stern NIB was BM66...loved how the code progressed and how the show was integrated into the game. I was semi-expecting the Munsters show to be integrated into the gameplay the same way, but it wasn’t, as most of the clips were put in on the match sequence. While that’s disappointing, it’s still a fun game. And while it doesn’t have the depth or breadth of code that many folks are looking for, it’s a great change of pace. Just know what you’re getting and don’t expect a deep dive into the series.

#8745 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Love the purple. Looks really sharp. Nice work!

Absolutely agree. Looks great.

1 week later
#8746 3 years ago

I asked the question last night to Dwight himself on Flipnoutpinball Stream. The Code is what it is! Consider it done. but you never know down the road what the future holds. I love my Munsters LE. That’s what counts

#8747 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

I asked the question last night to Dwight himself on Flipnoutpinball Stream. The Code is what it is! Consider it done. but you never know down the road what the future holds. I love my Munsters LE. That’s what counts

Thanks for posting! (& ouch that was a kick in the balls).

Well that kind of settles that, time to move on past the whole code debate - “consider it done”.

#8748 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

I played my Munsters two days ago and had a blast. Had a monster game going and must have got a little nervous I guess and started bricking my shots like crazy and couldn't cash in. I had 8 super jackpots stacked with all my multipliers lit and couldnt hit the Dragula shot. I still had three balls left and couldn't get my multipliers lit up after that first ball. What a disaster that game turned out to be.

That's how it always seems to go with Munsters though. Its like a hot chick that gets you all excited and then leaves you hanging high and dry every time!

#8749 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

"Ouch"

Well so much for my insider information

Played a couple of games last night. It sits next to Elvira 3 and is a great complement. I really enjoy the game.

#8750 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Well that kind of settles that, time to move on past the whole code debate - “consider it done”.

Finally.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/175 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.