IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg

There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 237.
#8601 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

More
For me it's not that. I'm more upset at all of the multi player bugs and the fact that there is almost no difference between levels 1 2 and 3. The game feels completely unpolished.

Then why did you buy the game if it’s unpolished to you?!?

#8602 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I made a mistake, one I am not going to make again with TMNT even though I have the money to buy it right now.

I was so hesitant to buy Munsters as my first pin. I was worried about the code but loved the layout and art. Turns out I should have just bought that Ghostbusters pin lol. Yes I was expecting them to do more and my mistake.

Funny thing, I ordered stranger things first week of Jan. Played it for hours at the bar and loved it. Munsters almost made me cancel that order as I was worried about the code but man I love Brian's games. Luckily that one is becoming an awesome pin as I hoped this one would. I think I'm done with nib pins from stern from now on though.

#8603 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

For LE owners I will say in all fairness Sterns business model (until very recently) has been to hype the shit out of the game and sell LEs out long before code hits 1.0 or greater.

Stern is trying to change this by releasing games at 1.0 (as of very recent); however most people buying LEs still expect decent code updates. That was Sterns long-standing business model!!!! Hard to think past what they created.

Unfortunately for Munster LE owners the double hit / change happened at same time. Stern sticking to new 1.0 view (code is “done”) and Munsters was coded as a simple coded, throw back machine.

Let the data speak....review the LE read me files on Sterns website and you will see “healthy code updates” on most of their recent games post 1.0. Unfortunately not for Munsters LE so far. This is from a longtime LE buyer of many Sterns (well .....no longer). Sold 5 of my Stern LEs in 18 months!

Fool me once...never again.

I will buy used LEs or wait for the premium.

#8604 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

For LE owners I will say in all fairness Sterns business model (until very recently) has been to hype the shit out of the game and sell LEs out long before code hits 1.0 or greater.
Stern is trying to change this by releasing games at 1.0 (as of very recent); however most people buying LEs still expect decent code updates. That was Sterns long-standing business model!!!! Hard to think past what they created.
Unfortunately for Munster LE owners the double hit / change happened at same time. Stern sticking to new 1.0 view (code is “done”) and Munsters was coded as a simple coded, throw back machine.
Let the data speak....review the LE read me files on Sterns website and you will see “healthy code updates” on most of their recent games post 1.0. Unfortunately not for Munsters LE so far. This is from a longtime LE buyer of many Sterns (well .....no longer). Sold 5 of my Stern LEs in 18 months!
Fool me once...never again.
I will buy used LEs or wait for the premium.

Stern definitely pulled a fast one on Munsters buyers, starting with changing the number of LEs right out of the gate. The LEs sold out almost instantly long before the now infamous Dwight comments. There was *zero* discussion at TPF of “the code is pretty much done” and no reason for LE buyers to think the game was going to be different than any other recent game. I had a day 2 LE order that I cancelled because I really couldn’t wrap my head around the art package and decided to get a Premium because the b/w art package was awesome.

TPF was a great reveal, there was great energy for the game, Borg’s session was awesome and then *poof* - Stern pulled the rug out. And they know what they did because Munsters sales just dropped almost instantly after Dwight’s video. Stern has since added code to support the topper and very little else. Every single LE buyer (most of whom had to commit before it was even possible to play a game) got shafted IMO because, all of a sudden, it was “we want to ship 1.0 code at release, so what you see is what you get”.

No other recent game has had so little attention given to it post-launch. I’ve always been pretty sure the rumors of “a big update is coming” was started by a dealer who saw orders dry up as soon as Dwight’s comments were made. And I’ve hoped, without any peep from Stern, that was true. But the longer we hear nothing the more I think Stern is perfectly happy letting this wonderful title just fade away.

Stern seems to take LE buyers for suckers. Why aren’t they produced last after all the kinks are ironed out? Because LEs have the highest margin and Stern wants to sell as many to super fans of the theme as fast as they can before anyone knows what’s what.

I am still pissed at what Stern did to Munsters and feel for so many who decided to move on, not because Munsters is a bad game but because Stern was hellbent on pushing out a throwback game to address a problem that never actually existed and then did nothing when they realized collectors weren’t clamoring for that kind of experience.

All of my Sterns have been NIB LEs. But I can’t be in the LE FOMO camp any more because I have little faith Stern will do right by those folks.

#8605 3 years ago

I played my Munsters last night and I love the game alot. There is definitely some things that I feel needs to be done that would make the game awesome but I still love the game even if that never happens.

It wouldn't take much to put this game over the top good. Just off of the top of my head I would like to see Lily, Eddie, and Marylin modes redone. I would like to see Spot mode more meaningful. I would also like to see more movie clips.

I'm sure theres a bunch more stuff that could be done than what i mentioned but my point is that it wouldn't take much to make this game amazing. I dont want a code overhaul personally because I like the basic rules layout of the game the way that it is right now.

#8606 3 years ago

Terry, it’s awesome that you are still really enjoying your game.

I was a huge supporter and positive poster of this pin when it was first launched and I picked up my LE.
I loved the fast, flowy and seamless shots. The art ofcourse is stunning and when I hit the start button, the opening Munster’s song instantly brought back fond memories of the show.
My growing concern with the pin was the staying power of the gameplay based on the more simplistic rules-set.
After emailing a few individuals at Stern a few months into ownership and release, it seemed to be implied that the game would soon get more love.
Regretfully, this never transpired and after a friend expressed interest, we moved it to his place today. He is a very casual player that prefers less complex coded games.

I do feel saddened by The Munster’s departure as my fam were so looking forward to having this wonderful looking pin in our house.
I’ve said it before; but I truly hope Stern allows Dwight or another coder to be given the opportunity to enhance both the code and theme integration.

#8607 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Stern definitely pulled a fast one on Munsters buyers, starting with changing the number of LEs right out of the gate. The LEs sold out almost instantly long before the now infamous Dwight comments. There was *zero* discussion at TPF of “the code is pretty much done” and no reason for LE buyers to think the game was going to be different than any other recent game. I had a day 2 LE order that I cancelled because I really couldn’t wrap my head around the art package and decided to get a Premium because the b/w art package was awesome.
TPF was a great reveal, there was great energy for the game, Borg’s session was awesome and then *poof* - Stern pulled the rug out. And they know what they did because Munsters sales just dropped almost instantly after Dwight’s video. Stern has since added code to support the topper and very little else. Every single LE buyer (mist of whom had to commit before it was even possible to play a game) got shafted IMO because, all of a sudden, it was “we want to ship 1.0 code at release, so what you see is what you get”.
No other recent game has had so little attention given to it post-launch. I’ve always been pretty sure the rumors of “a big update is coming” was started by a dealer who saw orders dry up as soon as Dwight’s comments were made. And I’ve hoped, without any peep from Stern, that was true. But the longer we hear nothing the more I think Stern is perfectly happy letting this wonderful title just fade away.
Stern seems to take LE buyers for suckers. Why aren’t they produced last after all the kinks are ironed out? Because LEs have the highest margin and Stern wants to sell as many to super fans of the theme as fast as they can before anyone knows what’s what.
I am still pissed at what Stern did to Munsters and feel for so many who decided to move on, not because Munsters is a bad game but because Stern was hellbent on pushing out a throwback game to address a problem that never actually existed and then did nothing when they realized collectors weren’t clamoring for that kind of experience.
All of my Sterns have been NIB LEs. But I can’t be in the LE FOMO camp any more because I have little faith Stern will do right by those folks.

Can you post us some photos of your game?

An owners club is for owners to enjoy their purchase and share their thoughts, both good and bad. Stern has not pulled a swifty on anyone. If you like the game good, if you do not like the game that is ok too. Sales for the game are strong otherwise Stern would not be making more games.

#8608 3 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I just wish they would say say they are going to do an update or not. How hard is it to tell people.

Dwight said that quite some time back that the pin was essentially finished and multitudes have been carping about it ever since. Assume that it is finished then live with it or sell it.

#8609 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Terry, it’s awesome that you are still really enjoying your game.
I was a huge supporter and positive poster of this pin when it was first launched and I picked up my LE.
I loved the fast, flowy and seamless shots. The art ofcourse is stunning and when I hit the start button, the opening Munster’s song instantly brought back fond memories of the show.
My growing concern with the pin was the staying power of the gameplay based on the more simplistic rules-set.
After emailing a few individuals at Stern a few months into ownership and release, it seemed to be implied that the game would soon get more love.
Regretfully, this never transpired and after a friend expressed interest, we moved it to his place today. He is a very casual player that prefers less complex coded games.
I do feel saddened by The Munster’s departure as my fam were so looking forward to having this wonderful looking pin in our house.
I’ve said it before; but I truly hope Stern allows Dwight or another coder to be given the opportunity to enhance both the code and theme integration.

I understand totally. I love the theme as everyone knows so that goes a long way with me personally. If this was my only game or maybe if I had a two game collection I guess that I would maybe get bored of it but I have 7 games and I work alot and dont get to play much pinball so it's fine in my collection for those reasons.

I understand why some people feel the way that they do but for those who say this game is horrible I will never agree with that at all. A little code love would be nice for sure and I want it too because this is a dream theme pin for me, but this game definitely doesnt suck. I mean if this game sucks because of shallow code then that means that older 70's, 80's, and 90's games suck also and we all know that's not true.

I knew what I was buying when I got mine so no regrets at all. I just kinda view it like an older game with shallow code and i keep my fingers crossed for more.

#8610 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Stern definitely pulled a fast one on Munsters buyers,

They didnt pull a fast one on me because I watched a lot of video on the game before buying and I went and played it like three times before purchasing it. As far as adding another 100 LE's I dont think it's a big deal at all because LE's dont keep or grow their value because of their limited production numbers. They hold their value because of the extra features that they come with more than anything. That's my opinion of it anyway.

#8611 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They didnt pull a fast one on me because I watched a lot of video on the game before buying and I went and played it like three times before purchasing it. As far as adding another 100 LE's I dont think it's a big deal at all because LE's dont keep or grow their value because of their limited production numbers. They hold their value because of the extra features that they come with more than anything. That's my opinion of it anyway.

Same here! We love our MUNLE.

#8612 3 years ago

Interesting talk about a beloved franchise. Make no mistake, we love our Munsters machine. Still think Stern will do right by us and give us the value they have on all their other machines. I’ve purchased 6 NIB in the past year and a half, with a seventh on the way, which is also an LE. I’ve not asked for more code on any of them except Munsters. I don’t want a code overhaul on Munsters and am not going to move it on, but want what Terry and others have already mentioned above. My family enjoys the pin, we just want to have the same value Stern gave us on the other 6 pins. Munsters so far doesn’t come close to those well coded and much deeper games. Is that too much to ask and expect, after all the money spent with Stern? Good companies take care of their loyal customers in any business. Those are the companies that survive the hard times we’ve all been presented. The companies that do that, get my hard earned money.

#8613 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Or like others have done - either accept it as is OR move on. As they say life’s short.

I guess owners have 3 choices:

Sell

Own and accept

Own and stay frustrated.

The game for me is a lot like BSD. Short ball times but that one game where you get it going is really cool. Granted this is more palatable in a larger than smaller collection.

I listened to most of the interview, I take it the same way as GOT and GB. Dwight / Stern did not communicate at all on the latest GOT code release. They did do a release along with a last run of pro’s that for most was a complete surprise. GB went a long time before the final release and the owners there were pretty POed for the entire way. Maybe even more so then Munsters.

Stern plays the communication on code for “older” games pretty coy. They communicate on the present day run games in the Stern State of Union pretty well. See Strange Things and the new Elvira.

People sell games all the time. Even the really desirable games like JP, Iron Maiden, Dead Pool, JJP Pirates just to name a few. It happens. I still think Stern will do an update. I think on past practice it will come along with the release of the announced color premiums.

#8614 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I guess owners have 3 choices:
Sell
Own and accept
Own and stay frustrated.

2nd point I would retext it more to "Own and have fun", Own and accept sounds more like i have to live with restriction.
When i bought my Munsters i did not even know there was something like codeupdate. I bought it like it was with code .98 and did not expect that anything was ever changing. I can understand that previsously and other games shipped out games, that did get major code update after release that this created much of an expectation for a lot of people for the munsters.
I do find the business they are doing like elvira and stranger things very strange. Put out a machine with only half of the things coded. This give a lot of people for half a year or a year with changing code the impression that the game evolves. But in the End the machine still will be a static thing, with maybe deeper code but it will still repeat after some time. After the final code there will still be modes that could be changed or made better, whatever. I think the repeat cycle on Munsters is shorter maybe then on other machines with not so deep code, but this does not take out the fun for me. I would compare Munsters more like with Idle clicker Computer games, some like them, some hate them.
But in the end a game should make fun.

#8615 3 years ago

With Stranger Things and Elvira they are listening to customers and making changes based off that feedback. I send my audits every week on ST and I know that data is going in to help balance the game. I like this about what they are doing.

It's clear from the interview that Dwight does not like this at all. He even talks about the mess that was stranger things. Maybe he feels it detracts from his vision as a whole. I don't know. Everyone buying TMNT better understand that it's nearly done and he means that.

I'm not saying either way is correct. In some ways knowing the game is done should be more comforting to le buyers. I'm sure for operators constantly updating code is annoying too. So pluses and minuses.

#8616 3 years ago

I'm not saying either way is correct. In some ways knowing the game is done should be more comforting to le buyers. I'm sure for operators constantly updating code is annoying too. So pluses and minuses.

I don't think there is a right way, but what is missing is clear communication before the things are sold. What to expect, what is there and if something more will come. 2 Different ways from one company then they would need clearfy in advance what to expect. Of course it would not necessary be good for sales but would be much fairer. I think this is one reason for the mess Munsters is in.
A lot of people i guess that are now disappointed would not have bought the machine knowing there will not be much more Code update.

#8617 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

2nd point I would retext it more to "Own and have fun", Own and accept sounds more like i have to live with restriction.
When i bought my Munsters i did not even know there was something like codeupdate. I bought it like it was with code .98 and did not expect that anything was ever changing. I can understand that previsously and other games shipped out games, that did get major code update after release that this created much of an expectation for a lot of people for the munsters.
I do find the business they are doing like elvira and stranger things very strange. Put out a machine with only half of the things coded. This give a lot of people for half a year or a year with changing code the impression that the game evolves. But in the End the machine still will be a static thing, with maybe deeper code but it will still repeat after some time. After the final code there will still be modes that could be changed or made better, whatever. I think the repeat cycle on Munsters is shorter maybe then on other machines with not so deep code, but this does not take out the fun for me. I would compare Munsters more like with Idle clicker Computer games, some like them, some hate them.
But in the end a game should make fun.

Agreed

#8618 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

As far as adding another 100 LE's I dont think it's a big deal at all because LE's dont keep or grow their value because of their limited production numbers. They hold their value because of the extra features that they come with more than anything.

If you look back in the Munsters threads, there were plenty of early LE buyers that were upset at the increase in numbers and thought it devalued their purchase. Whether or not it actually did is debatable, but it certainly didn’t help. The status of the code did more to impact Munsters value than whether it was an LE or not but it seems LEs took a bigger hit than you would normally expect.

My biggest problem with Stern’s LE model is two-fold -
(1) Except for Batman 66 the number of LEs for games really aren’t that limited and
(2) Stern (and some dealers) targets super-fans of the theme and scares them with FOMO trying to force buyers to make a buying decision at release time without knowing little more than what the art is

#8619 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Sales for the game are strong otherwise Stern would not be making more games.

Munsters has had fewer secondary runs so far, so there has been less total supply to the distribs. Just because they are making more in August doesn’t mean sales are strong. It just means Stern got enough orders from distributors for the particular model to commit to make at least whatever their minimum run is.

Munsters isn’t the sales disaster that WWF or Beatles was, but there is no evidence to show Munsters sales in general (post Dwight comment) are considered strong. I absolutely would expect to see an increase in NIB demand if Stern does release a code update that, at minimum, addresses the concerns owners have expressed in this thread.

#8620 3 years ago

Have had MUN LE for over a year now, still enjoy it, have no plans to dish it... I started another topic, asking for advice on which game I should buy next between my final 2 choices (dont want to hijack this topic, so not listing the games). What I did find interesting and perplexing is that of the 4 reponses I have received on my new topic, 3 of them suggested I dump MUN LE and get both of my final choices!

#8621 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Have had MUN LE for over a year now, still enjoy it, have no plans to dish it... I started another topic, asking for advice on which game I should buy next between my final 2 choices (dont want to hijack this topic, so not listing the games). What I did find interesting and perplexing is that of the 4 reponses I have received on my new topic, 3 of them suggested I dump MUN LE and get both of my final choices!

This owners club for me is the most disappointing thread on Pinside I follow. People that do not own the game constantly posting and beating the game about anything and everything. This thread gets consistently hijacked so I would not worry about that.

The hobby is about you and what you like. I would focus on that rather than the negativity that can suffocate this thread sometimes.

#8622 3 years ago

People that do not own the game constantly posting and beating the game about anything and everything.

The overwhelming majority of complaints and suggestions in this thread come from owners or former owners of the game. Just because you may not agree with them doesn’t make them any less valid.

The hobby is about you and what you like.

Agreed. And no one should buy or sell Munsters (or any other game) based primarily on someone else’s opinion.

#8623 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The overwhelming majority of complaints and suggestions in this thread come from owners or former owners of the game. Just because you may not agree with them doesn’t make them any less valid.

Agreed. And no one should buy or sell Munsters (or any other game) based primarily on someone else’s opinion.

You are one of the biggest contributers to the negativity of the game. Go through the 8600 posts on this club thread and tell us how many posts are yours. Constantly banging on about code, shit sales and spewing your opinion on an owners club thread....and guess what? You do not own a Munsters game and have not owned one previously.

So no, most of the complaints and suggestions are not from owners or ex owners. I am always interested in what an ex owner says about a game.

#8624 3 years ago

I keep giving my opinion and I keep getting asked why I bought it. Truthful answer is I was expecting Stern to continue improving the game right or wrong. I've given my reasons for not being a huge fan anymore several times now but I did like it initially. Then I started to understand what people were talking about. I have almost 2000 plays on mine so not a nube on this game. Thing is I really wanted to love this game and for it to always be bolted to my floor. Right or not my expectation was there due to their previous machines. Before I bought I watched the Deadflips streams and read the forums here and never once saw anyone talking about Dwight's one soundbite that it was done. I think the talk started a month or so after I bought. Even Deadflips was saying on those early streams to remember this is early code it will be improved. Go back and look.

Yes I knew it was weak on code and I took the chance. Sometimes you get bit and this is a forum for us to be upset about it.

So I screwed up.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8626 3 years ago

You are one of the biggest contributers to the negativity of the game. Go through the 8600 posts on this club thread and tell us how many posts are yours. Constantly banging on about code, shit sales and spewing your opinion on an owners club thread....

Again, you don’t have your facts straight. Before this post, I have 153 in the thread. You may want to go actually read them. There are maybe 5 or 6 that could be considered bashing or negative and that’s being very generous. I have quite a few upvoted posts where people must obviously agree. I won’t insult others here by pointing out the far more negative posts made by others in this thread.

You see me post in this thread and you just can’t handle it, no matter what I say. I get it. But claiming I’m somehow responsible for negativity surrounding the game is a ludicrous stretch. (And technically I’m a former owner since I had to find someone to take my LE and effectively sold what would have been my game). Maybe one day I’ll get a Premium and really make your day

#8627 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Don't sweat it...Pinsiders (oddly) don't really like any game too long ( too pricey, not enough mechs, boring, etc.).

You enjoy Munsters....I do too...nothing wrong w that. This game has drawn unjustified hate in the threads, due to a variety of reasons ( mainly an unbelievable hate thread). Means nothing.

Play several games you may want as a companion. Only you can make that decision. It is unfortunate that you can't get reasonable discussion in a thread , but just is what it is around here.

Post the titles you may want to add to compliment Munsters here...a good chance you'll get some opinions from fellow owners who enjoy the game.

Tune out the noise....I think of the new titles, JP might be a good companion, but there are some great older games that would be cool as well....

#8628 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

I don't think there is a right way, but what is missing is clear communication before the things are sold. What to expect, what is there and if something more will come. 2 Different ways from one company then they would need clearfy in advance what to expect. Of course it would not necessary be good for sales but would be much fairer. I think this is one reason for the mess Munsters is in.
A lot of people i guess that are now disappointed would not have bought the machine knowing there will not be much more Code update.

The only clear communication I have ever heard from a manufacturer or dealer is when a product is recalled.

#8629 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Again, you don’t have your facts straight. Before this post, I have 153 in the thread. You may want to go actually read them. There are maybe 5 or 6 that could be considered bashing or negative and that’s being very generous. I have quite a few upvoted posts where people must obviously agree. I won’t insult others here by pointing out the far more negative posts made by others in this thread.
You see me post in this thread and you just can’t handle it, no matter what I say. I get it. But claiming I’m somehow responsible for negativity surrounding the game is a ludicrous stretch. (And technically I’m a former owner since I had to find someone to take my LE and effectively sold what would have been my game). Maybe one day I’ll get a Premium and really make your day

If you bought a game I would gladly welcome you to the club. I am happy to eat humble pie if I have made a mistake.

#8630 3 years ago

I am happy to eat humble pie if I have made a mistake.

By your own definition, you have. But that’s ok. Apology accepted.

If I buy Munsters again, it will be a keeper. It’s a beautiful game and a good match for my likes and lineup. I’d love to have a Borg game. But I’ll have a hard time figuring out how to make room for it. My Munsters slot ended up going to Elvira, so Addams Family or Haunted House would likely have to go and that would be a hard choice if Munsters ever gets the code polish it deserves.

#8631 3 years ago

You’re going to be selling one I think. Adams next to Munsters would be cool.

#8632 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

By your own definition, you have. But that’s ok. Apology accepted.
If I buy Munsters again, it will be a keeper. It’s a beautiful game and a good match for my likes and lineup. I’d love to have a Borg game. But I’ll have a hard time figuring out how to make room for it. My Munsters slot ended up going to Elvira, so Addams Family or Haunted House would likely have to go and that would be a hard choice if Munsters ever gets the code polish it deserves.

Keeping an eye on you now - would love either of those titles

#8633 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It is, Addams is the better game.

20200510_144146 (resized).jpg20200510_144146 (resized).jpg
#8634 3 years ago

about all the negativity in this thread, when shopping I almost let this thread talk me out of purchasing my Munsters Prem. I kept thinking, people really don't like this one & maybe I should look at something else. meanwhile, we love it. I tell my wife how you guys are still going on & on about how it's shitty, you've been deceived, code code code and we both wonder, what the fuck are they talking about. ac/dc takes me away from it but I keep going back and enjoy the hell out of it. I'm very glad I didn't let the negative posts in this thread throw me. I'm sure you think you're looking out for other members but you almost cost me a really fun game. I have mods come today for it & even though we expected this to be a hold us over till we can get Jurassic Park machine, my wife has decided we'll never get rid of it.

in total fairness, the negativity in this thread also helped me get a very good price for my machine so I guess I should also thank you for that.

#8635 3 years ago

This is one of those games where the prem-le features make or break it. I have a pro. Guarantee you wouldn't feel that way about the pro.

#8636 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

That plan has Haunted House (maybe Playboy) leaving and Munsters Premium B/W going between Addams and Batman. Can’t mess with the Elvira/Trek side.

I absolutely hate being out of room.
7A8ECAA6-41C0-487E-AE05-FE6F26FD128D (resized).jpeg7A8ECAA6-41C0-487E-AE05-FE6F26FD128D (resized).jpegAEFD6128-2925-45B4-9D55-C30A6FFC80D5 (resized).jpegAEFD6128-2925-45B4-9D55-C30A6FFC80D5 (resized).jpeg

(RFM is to the left of Safe Cracker)

#8637 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That plan has Haunted House (maybe Playboy) leaving and Munsters Premium B/W going between Addams and Batman. Can’t mess with the Elvira/Trek side.
I absolutely hate being out of room. [quoted image][quoted image]

#8638 3 years ago

This is one of those games where the prem-le features make or break it. I have a pro. Guarantee you wouldn't feel that way about the pro.

I disagree.

I bought an LE used because it was available and was what I was looking for. I would have been happy with the B & W. And I was really impressed with the lower play field when I played Marco's selection at TPF.

A few months ago I met a pinsider who lives about 1/2 mile from me. He preferred playing with no lower play field so I turned the lower play field off to accommodate my guest. That was several months ago and I have yet to turn the lower play field back on.

While I like the lower play field, the game flows and moves much faster with the lower play field turned off. If I had it to do over again, I would have bought a Pro and been perfectly happy. I have even toyed with the idea of trading down if the cash part was right.

I get no warm feelings going around saying, " I have an LE and you don't". The Pro is no less righteous than the Premium or LE, IMO.

IMO, the Pro buyers don't need to feel like they have been cheated. Sorry you feel that way about yours.

#8639 3 years ago

Yes, I agree.

I bought a Pro NIB because I didn't value the lower playfield enough to pay the Premium price.
I also really liked the art on the Pro better. It's nice that the cabinet art is different on each side.

We are still enjoying this pin a lot, even though we've added several more pins to our collection since our purchase.

Would I love more show integration like BM66? ... ABSOLUTELY!!!

But it's still a fun, great shooting pin for a novice like me!

#8640 3 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

Yes, I agree.
I bought a Pro NIB because I didn't value the lower playfield enough to pay the Premium price.
I also really liked the art on the Pro better. It's nice that the cabinet art is different on each side.
We are still enjoying this pin a lot, even though we've added several more pins to our collection since our purchase.
Would I love more show integration like BM66? ... ABSOLUTELY!!!
But it's still a fun, great shooting pin for a novice like me!

For most of us that are novices this game/code is deep enough.

#8641 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The Pro is no less righteous than the Premium or LE, IMO.
IMO, the Pro buyers don't need to feel like they have been cheated.

Absolutely.

When I first played the Pro and Premium side by side, I thought the Pro was awesome and fast and worried that Grandpa’s lab on the Premium might feel gimmicky after the novelty wore off. Wasn’t sure the Premium was worth the extra cash. But I absolutely love the B/W art package and the ability to disable the lab if you want.

I generally don’t like Pro models because they feel too stripped down but Munsters Pro didn’t feel that way despite the glaring difference in the middle of the playfield. Maybe because of the great artwork on the Pro where the lab would be. If there was a B/W Pro, I’d probably get that instead of the Premium.

#8642 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If there was a B/W Pro, I’d probably get that instead of the Premium.

Now that would have been cool!

The pin in color is so vivid, and I love it ... but if they went with the Pro art, in a B/W format to pay homage to the TV show ... I think I may have went with a B/W Pro.

#8643 3 years ago

Maybe this strange Karma in this thread is coming from the Title "Mockingbird"

#8644 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

For most of us that are novices this game/code is deep enough.

and of course evbdy will agree that

i understand that some guys are happy as it, because they will never see 50% of what the game has to offer...
meanwhile, in the other way, you guys also have to understand that hardcore players can't be satisfied with the actual state of the code

again, i really like & enjoy when i play Munsters, but not to buy/have one home
btw, if later code get a nice update, for sure i will put this pin on my wishlist

enjoy !

edit : and to add some more of last talks, i also prefer the PRO, much faster, the sub level finally not give so much fun in term of gameplay (personal taste of course)

#8645 3 years ago

Interesting, I honestly was not expecting much love for the pro.

#8646 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I absolutely hate being out of room. [quoted image][quoted image]

One thing I can assure you of and that is Munsters is way better than Playboy and Haunted House both.

#8647 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

One thing I can assure you of and that is Munsters is way better than Playboy and Haunted House both.

In terms depth of game play, of course.

But the other two are generational classics. Haunted House is one of my wife’s favorite games, which complicates things. And the Munsters theme doesn’t do much for her. She always says it’s my decision, but I never believe that.

#8648 3 years ago

Interesting, I honestly was not expecting much love for the pro.

The lower play field is kind of like the good looking blonde. She will pop your eyes out as she swings her ass when she walks by. But you get her home and the blonde part is a wig, she is wearing 5 tons of makeup, she can't cook, and now you are the one buying her fancy clothes she likes to wear.

The lower play field is two miniature flippers and two miniature balls and not much is added in the way of scores, as far as I can tell. I like it, but since I have been playing without it, the novelty is gone.

You have a pro. It is a good pin. If you like playing the game, go enjoy playing it.

I got my 250,000,000 high score with the lower play field turned off and it was a wild game.

#8649 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The lower play field is kind of like the good looking blonde. She will pop your eyes out as she swings her ass when she walks by. But you get her home and the blonde part is a wig, she is wearing 5 tons of makeup, she can't cook, and now you are the one buying her fancy clothes she likes to wear.
The lower play field is two miniature flippers and two miniature balls and not much is added in the way of scores, as far as I can tell. I like it, but since I have been playing without it, the novelty is gone.
You have a pro. It is a good pin. If you like playing the game, go enjoy playing it.
I got my 250,000,000 high score with the lower play field turned off and it was a wild game.

Couldn’t disagree more with your assessment of the lower PF. The lower PF is one of the best toys in all of pinball, if not the best, when you understand how to play it. In fact, the lower PF could be sold and used as a complete pinball machine for desktops on its own, it’s that good!

It has challenge and I work on becoming better with practice in Grandpa’s lab. Nice strategy addition to Munsters, which really adds to the overall gameplay. It can’t be beat when playing upper and lower MB at the same time! Nothing better in all of pinball! If Dwight were ever to add more TV show grandpa material to the game in the lower PF, it would make for an even stronger attraction.

The lower PF of Munsters is so good, that it could be sold and used as a gateway leader to attract new people into the hobby at a much lower price. It would fly off the shelf at Costco. Let’s face it, pinball prices are the major barrier to entry for most people. Take that lower PF; put it in a desktop cabinet and sell it for $1k price tag and watch thousands of new people come into the hobby. Stern is missing the boat by not using Borg’s brilliant lower PF design from Munsters as a standalone.

People would enter the pinball realm just based on Munsters lower PF. Then after enjoying it a while ask themselves, I wonder what else Stern has to offer? Bingo, new generations of players introduced to pinball. Think it alone would do more to explode the lure of pinball than just about anything else ever done. Can’t believe Stern has not done this yet.

Yes, Munsters lower PF is the best toy in all of pinball, since it is a complete pinball machine by itself. Go Grandpa’s lab/basement!

#8650 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Couldn’t disagree more with your assessment of the lower PF. The lower PF is one of the best toys in all of pinball, if not the best, when you understand how to play it. In fact, the lower PF could be sold and used as a complete pinball machine for desktops on its own, it’s that good!
It has challenge and I work on becoming better with practice in Grandpa’s lab. Nice strategy addition to Munsters, which really adds to the overall gameplay. It can’t be beat when playing upper and lower MB at the same time! Nothing better in all of pinball! If Dwight were ever to add more TV show grandpa material to the game in the lower PF, it would make for an even stronger attraction.
The lower PF of Munsters is so good, that it could be sold and used as a gateway leader to attract new people into the hobby at a much lower price. It would fly off the shelf at Costco. Let’s face it, pinball prices are the major barrier to entry for most people. Take that lower PF; put it in a desktop cabinet and sell it for $1k price tag and watch thousands of new people come into the hobby. Stern is missing the boat by not using Borg’s brilliant lower PF design from Munsters as a standalone.
People would enter the pinball realm just based on Munsters lower PF. Then after enjoying it a while ask themselves, I wonder what else Stern has to offer? Bingo, new generations of players introduced to pinball. Think it alone would do more to explode the lure of pinball than just about anything else ever done. Can’t believe Stern has not done this yet.
Yes, Munsters lower PF is the best toy in all of pinball, since it is a complete pinball machine by itself. Go Grandpa’s lab/basement!

I really love the lower playfield also, it's a lot of fun. I think its beautiful and it also adds another mode to the game. Its the best lower playfield on all of pinball in my opinion.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
5,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/173?hl=homebru and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.