IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg

There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 237.
#8551 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

OK, boys an girls, I'm getting tired of looking at my finger prints on the gold on the sides of my LE.
I would your opinions, please.
[quoted image]
Should I go with the sparkly gold that changes colors in the light? Or should I go with the emerald green? Whichever one I use, I will apply a small piece of mylar over the wear areas and it will not happen again.
Or should I just go back to factory stock gold color? I can do that, too.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I love the Gold foil, I want to buy a set for my premium. I didn't know you can change the color on them

#8552 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

I love the Gold foil, I want to buy a set for my premium. I didn't know you can change the color on them

It is just gold cardboard. Not sure where you can buy it in the USA but in Australia most newsagents, officeworks, and craft shops keep it in all different colours and finishes.

#8553 3 years ago

Munsters topper is a gem and decent value, amongst Stern’s mediocre overly priced toppers on other games. Exception is BKSOR topper.

#8554 3 years ago
Quoted from finplanner69:

So I have had my Munsters LE for about a month and a half. I bought it with just over 100 games on it and now it has well over 1000. I can just see me trying to sell it down the road...
"Yeh I know the game count looks like it was heavily routed but most of that is just me pitching a fit and ending the game when I lose the first ball too quickly." Sad but true.

we don't allow that kind of behavior in our house

#8555 3 years ago

Hello guys ! I have a question for you (sorry for my english, I'm french )

When my Munsters pro is in standby, every 5 minutes I had the Dragon in the left ramp which "pop-up" ! I search in the settings to find how to disable this attract mode but I didn't find anything .... do you have this too ? Can we disable this shit ?

thanks for your help

#8556 3 years ago
Quoted from budubub:

... I'm french...

you really have no luck at all !!!

(bise à toi lol)

#8557 3 years ago

In options - SPOT in attract mode - you can turn it off

#8558 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

you really have no luck at all !!!
(bise à toi lol)

nan mais

#8559 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

In options - SPOT in attract mode - you can turn it off

Thanks !
it was hard to find but it's ok

#8560 3 years ago

Munster's news:

Trending on Twitter were Herman’s words of instruction to his young son, the wolf-like Eddie, in understanding and accepting one another as we are. His sentiment is as relevant today as it was in 1964, when actor Fred Gwynne as Herman Munster spoke them.

“The lesson I want you to learn,” Herman Munster told his son, Eddie, is: "It doesn’t matter what you look like. You can be tall or short or fat or thin, or ugly or handsome, like your father, or you can be black or yellow or white. It doesn’t matter. But what does matter is the size of your heart and the strength of your character.”

Screenshot_20200607-001108~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200607-001108~2 (resized).png
#8561 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Munster's news:
Trending on Twitter were Herman’s words of instruction to his young son, the wolf-like Eddie, in understanding and accepting one another as we are. His sentiment is as relevant today as it was in 1964, when actor Fred Gwynne as Herman Munster spoke them.
“The lesson I want you to learn,” Herman Munster told his son, Eddie, is: "It doesn’t matter what you look like. You can be tall or short or fat or thin, or ugly or handsome, like your father, or you can be black or yellow or white. It doesn’t matter. But what does matter is the size of your heart and the strength of your character.”[quoted image]

So true, and greatful they put that one in the rotation of end clips. Crazy how some things remain relevant. Love it!!!

#8562 3 years ago

Did someone mention a code update was coming soon?

#8563 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Did someone mention a code update was coming soon?

It doesn't matter If you are short fat and ugly or black or white, you deserve a code update if you own a Munsters pinball machine!

#8564 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It doesn't matter If you are short fat and ugly or black or white, you deserve a code update if you own a Munsters pinball machine!

it doesn't matter if you have a pro, or LE or Prem you....

#8565 3 years ago

Selling a couple mods in the marketplace. Two Spark Generators and "Googly Eye" pop bumper cover. $40 shipped to the lower 48 for the three items.

IMG_2637 (resized).jpgIMG_2637 (resized).jpg
#8566 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So true, and greatful they put that one in the rotation of end clips. Crazy how some things remain relevant. Love it!!!

Indeed. Always warms my heart to get that end screen.

#8567 3 years ago

Praying for that code update! Since I can't entertain these days, it's not seeing much action! On a positive note, unlike a couple of past girlfriends, it's the best looking thing I don't really want outta here!

#8569 3 years ago

Just sold my beautiful Munsters LE. Check out Pinside - there is still love for the game - sold quickly.

With that said, I could not hang on any longer. On to my next game - will see what becomes available later this year.

Maybe one day I will be back in the club. Hoping for all Munsters gets some more love in the future.

#8570 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Just sold my beautiful Munsters LE. Check out Pinside - there is still love for the game - sold quickly.
With that said, I could not hang on any longer. On to my next game - will see what becomes available later this year.
Maybe one day I will be back in the club. Hoping for all Munsters gets some more love in the future.

I hear ya, I just listed up my B&W premium today with quite a bit of mods. Just like you I'm tired of waiting so onto something new or old.

#8571 3 years ago

With a heavy heart, I’m in the process of selling my beloved Munster’s LE as well.
I have a friend, who’s a casual player that loves The Munster’s show, so I know it’s going to a good home.

When I purchased this pin, I enjoyed the seamless and smooth flow of the game. It is a stunning pin which has brought many smiles to our household.
Unfortunately, the lack of deeper theme integration and more simpler rules didn’t create the staying power I initially anticipated.

I could see myself returning to this pin if Stern revisits the code and provides further enhancements to allow this game to meet its ultimate potential.

As others have mentioned, I’m truly hoping for all owners that Munster’s gets the love it deserves.

#8572 3 years ago

It’s interesting that I decided to visit this thread today. I’m well aware of many enthusiasts feelings about the Munsters code, but there is an LE for a fair price nearby that I’m considering purchasing. However, I’m reading about everyone getting rid of theirs and having second thoughts! I just can’t figure out if this is a good pin to buy low with the hopes that there is a code update. With that being said, it doesn’t seem like Stern is very interested in the pin. Anyway, I’m just thinking out loud

#8573 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

It’s interesting that I decided to visit this thread today. I’m well aware of many enthusiasts feelings about the Munsters code, but there is an LE for a fair price nearby that I’m considering purchasing. However, I’m reading about everyone getting rid of theirs and having second thoughts! I just can’t figure out if this is a good pin to buy low with the hopes that there is a code update. With that being said, it doesn’t seem like Stern is very interested in the pin. Anyway, I’m just thinking out loud

Find one to play if you can. I like the game, short ball times and brutal. Smooth shots and a stunning looking game. Some people love it and some do not. It is a Dwight special and scoring is all about the multiplyers. The game is a bit different and you have to think about how to play it to get a good score. Topper is insane when working correctly.

#8574 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

It’s interesting that I decided to visit this thread today. I’m well aware of many enthusiasts feelings about the Munsters code, but there is an LE for a fair price nearby that I’m considering purchasing. However, I’m reading about everyone getting rid of theirs and having second thoughts!

Go find one locally and play it for a bit, if you like it then go for it, if you don't then pass. However don't buy with the intentions of this may only get better, take it for what it is at the moment.

#8575 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

The only opinion that matters is yours.

But if you haven’t played it yet, play it before you make your decision. It’s not like deciding on an LE at release time where you sometimes have decide to buy just on the art/feature package. If you like the game and code as it is now there are indeed some good deals out there. But don’t buy Munsters (or any other game) on the hope the code will be updated. That should never be the deciding factor in a purchase decision.

Buy a game for what it is, not what it might become.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8576 3 years ago

I’ve played Munsters a number of times at Tilt. I enjoy it and it’s a stunning looking pin. I guess I just haven’t played it enough to get a feel for how shallow the code is and whether or not it might wear thin. Good thoughtful advice everyone. Thank you.

#8577 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Recent interview with Dwight.
Goto 39:35

Ugh that is disheartening. The numbers tell the story though. I've had my Munsters for a year. I play every day and have three pins. Munsters, stranger things, and f-14. I bet the f-14 has more plays lately. I played the heck out of Munsters when I got it. Once I got to the point where I could get to Munsters madness consistently that was when my interest dropped and clearly the plays show that. Stranger things has been in the house 5 months.

Plus I just found out that the audits are completely broken on my machine and not showing the lifetime stats properly when dumped to USB. So many bugs still. It's just not finished.

IMG_20200609_170628699 (resized).jpgIMG_20200609_170628699 (resized).jpg
#8578 3 years ago

sad to see you guys go, but if the pin does not grab you and only Hope for new code, it does not makes sense to stick something high priced as this Pin that takes away a lot space.

#8579 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I just can’t figure out if this is a good pin to buy low with the hopes that there is a code update.

Make your decision based on the fact that there will possibly be no more updates. Never buy a game for the hopes that it improves to something you like more. Buy because you love the game now for what it currently is.

#8580 3 years ago

Munsters was my rebound machine after having to get rid of my IMDN Premium. I love the feel, look, and theme, but have always been disappointed with the total package (code/ruleset). Now I'm a multipin game room with room for at least 6, but limited to 3 for marital bliss, for the time being. I just got a good deal on an IMDN pro, so I'm keeping that, Jurassic Pro, and waiting on Rick and Morty in the next 3 to 4 weeks. Sadly I have to sell Munsters, but it was an easy decision as it has very few plays over the last few months. Would like to wait to see if a code update happens, but I feel I'll have 3 machines that will soak up all the plays. I'm not giving it away, so maybe something will hit in the time it takes to sell it!

#8581 3 years ago

I love Munsters, it’s one of the most beautiful pins made. I just upgraded to a LE and can’t wait! It’s a fun pin I don’t know what more people want! Rules, codes, codes, rules!

#8582 3 years ago

Our Munsters game has not been abandoned by Stern. Stern loves it too and wants to sell more over the next 3 years. It will get the much needed code update!

#8583 3 years ago

Stern code update please. Dont pull the same crap you did with Aerosmith.

#8584 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Recent interview with Dwight.
Goto 39:35

https://soundcloud.com/loserkidpinballpodcast/ep-37-talkin-turtles-with-dwight-sullivan

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Our Munsters game has not been abandoned by Stern. Stern loves it too and wants to sell more over the next 3 years. It will get the much needed code update!

If you listen in at 39.35 it sounds like what we have is what we are going to have.

Basically, what he is saying that Stern wants the pin to be complete when it goes out the door.

#8585 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

https://soundcloud.com/loserkidpinballpodcast/ep-37-talkin-turtles-with-dwight-sullivan

If you listen in at 39.35 it sounds like what we have is what we are going to have.
Basically, what he is saying that Stern wants the pin to be complete when it goes out the door.

Name one pin that has gone out the door complete by Stern? Never has happened. We have years of Stern history and the interview to tell us it is not done. We all know it needs work. Why do people keep denying that here on Pinside???

People also keep saying buy a pin based on what it is...well if we did that, no one would purchase an LE or any model for that matter for at least up to 3 years latter. GB was not done, even though indicated code number wise, for many years on the extreme side.

Dwight knows that we have been somewhat cheated by the lack of code/TV show material depth on Munsters, which none of us knew when $9k was dropped on a Munsters LE. If what you’re saying were true, “code is basically complete when it goes out the door”, LE sales will stop in the future. There are so many examples to back this up.

If Dwight were not to finish Munsters, he knows how bad his legacy will become in the world of pinball. If it were coded to the standard of all his other machines, people would not be dumping it at low prices. Dwight is a top notch coder and knows how good Munsters should and could become. He’s not done with it by any stretch of the word, nor should he be. He stated well in his interview, how important to us home owners a deep and satisfying game is and that if Stern does not take care of Munsters, this will send a signal to all of us to stop buying Stern’s. But Stern is a good company and wants to please us their customer and will deliver, based on years of Stern history backing up what I’m saying.

#8586 3 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Stern code update please. Dont pull the same crap you did with Aerosmith.

are you serious ?

i'm not saying AS code is the greatest & extra deep, but almost its complete/finished, and right in the spirit of what Lonnie is doing for years (most of his games are more than similar in rules)

#8587 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Name one pin that has gone out the door complete by Stern? Never has happened. We have years of Stern history and the interview to tell us it is not done. We all know it needs work. Why do people keep denying that here on Pinside???
People also keep saying buy a pin based on what it is...well if we did that, no one would purchase an LE or any model for that matter for at least up to 3 years latter. GB was not done, even though indicated code number wise, for many years on the extreme side.
Dwight knows that we have been somewhat cheated by the lack of code/TV show material depth on Munsters, which none of us knew when $9k was dropped on a Munsters LE. If what you’re saying were true, “code is basically complete when it goes out the door”, LE sales will stop in the future. There are so many examples to back this up.
If Dwight were not to finish Munsters, he knows how bad his legacy will become in the world of pinball. If it were coded to the standard of all his other machines, people would not be dumping it at low prices. Dwight is a top notch coder and knows how good Munsters should and could become. He’s not done with it by any stretch of the word, nor should he be. He stated well in his interview, how important to us home owners a deep and satisfying game is and that if Stern does not take care of Munsters, this will send a signal to all of us to stop buying Stern’s. But Stern is a good company and wants to please us their customer and will deliver, based on years of Stern history backing up what I’m saying.

Everyone should listen to the complete interview. While I agree that Dwight did say people like deep code at home he also mentioned in another part of the interview Munsters was mostly done (near 100% at release).

I am sure they will add a bit more at some time (more clips); however I would not expect more modes, etc. If that happens it would be a game changer.

I used to say people will remember this or that and not buy Stern (like releasing 600 Munster LEs or playfield issues)....but...:people keep buying sight unseen on most LEs if they like the theme.

If Dwight was worried about his reputation OR if Stern was worried they would not have put Dwight as lead on Turtles! So that does not hold water - people signed up for Turtles regardless of how good or bad you think coding was by Dwight on previous games.

Also, I did not dump my LE at a low price. I got same price as the sale of my DPLE and I got more for my Munsters LE sale over the sale of my GBLE and Guardians Galaxy LE.

#8588 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

For everyone’s sake I hope you have some major inside information. If not, that would be a shame!

#8589 3 years ago

Adding more clips can be done by other developers as it’s not technically challenging. I still think as more great code is being added to newer titles it can be reused to fit Munsters. That’s a good selling point. If it can be done faster they won’t tie up their resources.

#8590 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Everyone should listen to the complete interview. While I agree that Dwight did say people like deep code at home he also mentioned in another part of the interview Munsters was mostly done (near 100% at release).
I am sure they will add a bit more at some time (more clips); however I would not expect more modes, etc.

I did listen to the whole thing...he did state the " goal" was to release games w completed code, but no game was ever " completely finished" codewise. He stated time/ resource allocation as a main contributing factor.

I'm in agreement w you...a bug fix and polish drop or 2 are pretty much a given at this point, but a complete revamp would be a stretch....who knows.

The game is quite popular ( actually) as it is, and suspect it will gain even more traction down the road.

People buy and sell games all the time...even the "Pinside correct" ones. Munsters will remain a fun, viable option for many.

#8591 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm in agreement w you...a bug fix and polish drop or 2 are pretty much a given at this point, but a complete revamp would be a stretch

This. They went a specific direction with Munsters. Some don’t like it. That’s fine. People need to stop acting like Stern owes them something with this game. They made a game. It’s up to you to decide if it’s good enough to own. Not beat down Sterns door when it’s not what you wanted.

#8592 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This. They went a specific direction with Munsters. Some don’t like it. That’s fine. People need to stop acting like Stern owes them something with this game. They made a game. It’s up to you to decide if it’s good enough to own. Not beat down Sterns door when it’s not what you wanted.

Bravo.

#8593 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

For me it's not that. I'm more upset at all of the multi player bugs and the fact that there is almost no difference between levels 1 2 and 3. The game feels completely unpolished. Stranger things felt very similar to me when it was released but the care has been put into that one to refine and improve on the existing modes. Munsters never got that. I'm not asking for a complete revamp. Make what is there more special with care that you would expect from a 6k purchase. The game was walked away from and that is clear.

#8594 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

For me it's not that. I'm more upset at all of the multi player bugs and the fact that there is almost no difference between levels 1 2 and 3. The game feels completely unpolished. Stranger things felt very similar to me when it was released but the care has been put into that one to refine and improve on the existing modes. Munsters never got that. I'm not asking for a complete revamp. Make what is there more special with care that you would expect from a 6k purchase. The game was walked away from and that is clear.

Agree - forget any big overhaul of code, they released this game 1.5 years ago now.

Stern chose to put Dwight on TMNT - instead of polishing Munsters. Shame on Stern. My DPLE (for example), got plenty of polish (Tanio was not taken off the game). Not Dwight’s fault, pure Stern greed on this one.

Plus fixing the topper integration code.

With that said, I think they will get to it - hopefully not 2 years from now. Another GB in the making - just tough to hold on that long.

#8595 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This sounds like a Stern apologist. At $9k Stern does owe us to do what they’ve done on every game before and after, except Munsters. POLISH AND IMPROVE THE CODE! On Munsters there has only been a few meaningful code updates. Yes, we must beat down their door if they won’t listen any other way. Munsters is an awesome game and overall machine. It is a travesty Stern has ignored it so long!!

#8596 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

This sounds like a Stern apologist. At $9k Stern does owe us to do what they’ve done on every game before and after, except Munsters. POLISH AND IMPROVE THE CODE! On Munsters there has only been a few meaningful code updates. Yes, we must beat down their door if they won’t listen any other way. Munsters is an awesome game and overall machine. It is a travesty Stern has ignored it so long!!

Or like others have done - either accept it as is OR move on. As they say life’s short.

#8597 3 years ago

I just wish they would say say they are going to do an update or not. How hard is it to tell people.

I know they read Pinside just let us know one way or another.

I don’t plan on getting rid of my LE until my final payment is due on Rick and Morty and I have a long wait I’m #647 standard version so I have at least a year and a half.

#8598 3 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I just wish they would say say they are going to do an update or not. How hard is it to tell people.
I know they read Pinside just let us know one way or another.
I don’t plan on getting rid of my LE until my final payment is due on Rick and Morty and I have a long wait I’m #647 standard version so I have at least a year and a half.

If you are going to move it on - I would think now vs later would be better (from a price standpoint) as there are still many people that are interested.

FYI - when they do another run of color premiums later this summer that will hurt the value.

#8599 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

This sounds like a Stern apologist. At $9k Stern does owe us to do what they’ve done on every game before and after, except Munsters. POLISH AND IMPROVE THE CODE!

Sorry. They owe you NOTHING.

#8600 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Munsters is an awesome game and overall machine.

Then why to you insist on dogging it at all times?!?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/172?hl=aussiegeorge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.