IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 237.
#8501 3 years ago

I just joined the club with a pro. Still getting to grips with it but one thing I seem to have an issue with is often when I start multiball I end up with 2 balls stuck on the magnet and have to wait for the magnet to just drop them, probably happens 75% of the time. I'm guessing this is common for everyone? is there a fix? can the magnet strength be adjusted?

#8502 3 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

This topper is a disaster right from the start..good idea backed up with inferior build. Sry to all those who spent the $400 plus..of course you have to defend your purchase...and will basically ignore all the additional work you yourself may have had to do to make this tolerable. For this price it should come right..especially since this is now round 2..and people Still have issues. What part of it ain't right yet are we trying to hide?? haters go hate if this offends you...but there are some facts here that I think you can't ignore if you are honest..did some get lucky? maybe..as well as some not. I'll wait till the show is over, and all seems "fixed" from stern.Why is it so hard for them to get this right?? Honest question. Go ahead and kill me for saying what many are thinking...someone has to say it..I'll take the heat..haha

I have not read about anybody trying to hide anything. Mine was two minor issues. One wire-pair on a harness was soldered in reverse; The lights are polarized. And the door rod wire was installed backwards.

You are correct. This should have never happened. Like you, I wonder why Stern cannot seem to get this right.

As far as to what you are saying, you are not breaking any new ground. It all has been talked about for quite some time.

#8503 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I just joined the club with a pro. Still getting to grips with it but one thing I seem to have an issue with is often when I start multiball I end up with 2 balls stuck on the magnet and have to wait for the magnet to just drop them, probably happens 75% of the time. I'm guessing this is common for everyone? is there a fix? can the magnet strength be adjusted?

Welcome to the club!

First thing to check is that your machine is leveled correctly (pitch). If that is not it, balls maybe starting to become magnetized. Put new carbon balls in the game and that should fix it.

#8504 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Hi welcome to the club. I haven't seen in this forum that the magnet is a major issues. From time to time i got two balls getting stuck up there, but only if they are very slow. I would guess this happens under 5%
But i got new balls installed. And as pinballaddicted stated leveling could be a good start.

what code version have you installed? i think i remember someone mentioned that with new code version the magnet seems to be behaving different.

#8505 3 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

This topper is a disaster right from the start..good idea backed up with inferior build. Sry to all those who spent the $400 plus..of course you have to defend your purchase...and will basically ignore all the additional work you yourself may have had to do to make this tolerable. For this price it should come right..especially since this is now round 2..and people Still have issues. What part of it ain't right yet are we trying to hide?? haters go hate if this offends you...but there are some facts here that I think you can't ignore if you are honest..did some get lucky? maybe..as well as some not. I'll wait till the show is over, and all seems "fixed" from stern.Why is it so hard for them to get this right?? Honest question. Go ahead and kill me for saying what many are thinking...someone has to say it..I'll take the heat..haha

I think your avatar sealed your fate of getting a good one or not...

Kidding aside, yes it was a PITA but way worth it for me, so I don't have to defend anything. Only thing that needs to be addressed is the balance of the code (discussed earlier in the thread).

No heat from me, as yes, it would have been nice to get it right the first time.......

#8506 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Welcome to the club!
First thing to check is that your machine is leveled correctly (pitch). If that is not it, balls maybe starting to become magnetized. Put new carbon balls in the game and that should fix it.

Agreed, and highly suspect of the balls...first thing replaced on any machine I get....

#8507 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think your avatar sealed your fate of getting a good one or not...

chuckle chuckle. funny guy. yet true.

#8508 3 years ago

Some code help please.

If you activate Munster Madness on the first ball and do not complete the sequence to start Munster Madness, does the activation carry over to the next ball? Or do you have to activate Munster Madneds each ball?

Thanks!

#8509 3 years ago

Some code help please.
If you activate Munster Madness on the first ball and do not complete the sequence to start Munster Madness, does the activation carry over to the next ball? Or do you have to activate Munster Madneds each ball?
Thanks!

You’re progress should save so if you have it lit and drain, next ball it should still be lit.

#8510 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You’re progress should save so if you have it lit and drain, next ball it should still be lit.

We have our Munsters set up with the outlines all the way open, no ball save and at 7 degree pitch. It is challenging to learn all the rules as the ball times are short.

Thanks very much for your help @chuckwurt, appreciate it.

#8511 3 years ago

Yeah this is definitely one of those games where I’ll have like 50 stinkers then get to Munster Madness 2 and blow it up for a few hundred million. Haha

#8512 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah this is definitely one of those games where I’ll have like 50 stinkers then get to Munster Madness 2 and blow it up for a few hundred million. Haha

Yep, that is me too. Love it!

#8513 3 years ago

Had to take the topper apart much further than I thought I would to get to the bar that connects the door to the raven. This is 1/2 way. I flipped & straightened the bar. The door is closed nice but still doesn't open all the way. It'll have to be good enough for now. I feel like it needs to be longer.

Got my blades installed & they look great!

20200529_192337 (resized).jpg20200529_192337 (resized).jpg
#8514 3 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

Had to take the topper apart much further than I thought I would to get to the bar that connects the door to the raven. This is 1/2 way. I flipped & straightened the bar. The door is closed nice but still doesn't open all the way. It'll have to be good enough for now. I feel like it needs to be longer.
Got my blades installed & they look great!
[quoted image]

My door does not open all the way, either. I am thinking for that to happen, a taller coil and longer plunger would be needed for more plunger travel. And for that, the topper would need to be another 1" or 2" deeper.

#8515 3 years ago

Well, I got the topper defunct light string back from Stern awhile back and just got it installed. I've been distracted helping my kiddo upgrade his 1up arcade. He should not have asked for mom help. It went from a simple, can you help me afix this control board to me installing a shelf, another speaker, the amp controller through the front plate, and on and on.
...So much fun. Lol.

Back to pinball...The fixed light string solved my problem it works like a charm. I didn't make any other topper adjustments at this time. I found I got used to all the other quirks because I don't have time to look up anyway! I'll probably tweak it later, but I'm ready for a break. I think I've even decided to forgo the mods I was wanting for my bday in just a couple of weeks and shoot for something with less assembly required like a purse or something. Of course when I bought this machine I told hubby it was mother's day, birthday, and Christmas....but he's been married to me forever so he knew better.

#8516 3 years ago
Quoted from finplanner69:

Well, I got the topper defunct light string back from Stern awhile back and just got it installed. I've been distracted helping my kiddo upgrade his 1up arcade. He should not have asked for mom help. It went from a simple, can you help me afix this control board to me installing a shelf, another speaker, the amp controller through the front plate, and on and on.
...So much fun. Lol.
Back to pinball...The fixed light string solved my problem it works like a charm. I didn't make any other topper adjustments at this time. I found I got used to all the other quirks because I don't have time to look up anyway! I'll probably tweak it later, but I'm ready for a break. I think I've even decided to forgo the mods I was wanting for my bday in just a couple of weeks and shoot for something with less assembly required like a purse or something. Of course when I bought this machine I told hubby it was mother's day, birthday, and Christmas....but he's been married to me forever so he knew better.

Are you saying you are the pinhead in the family and have to get the old man's approval to get a pinball machine? Does he have you regulated to a small corner of the basement

#8517 3 years ago

For anyone that has a topper and your clock keeps spinning:

There is a micro switch in the back of the clock our switch was bolted on too tight and did not work at all. Loosened the bolts a little bit, adjusted the switch and now the clock works as it should.

Awesome topper!

15909891131933071853586578465575 (resized).jpg15909891131933071853586578465575 (resized).jpg15909891405542467632409145089500 (resized).jpg15909891405542467632409145089500 (resized).jpg

#8518 3 years ago

I just checked the play counter & in the 3 weeks since we purchased Munsters new we've already put over 700 plays on it. Our 3rd owner Aerosmith is under 500. That's alot of quality quarantine time w/ the fam.

#8519 3 years ago

For anyone that has a topper and your clock keeps spinning:
There is a micro switch in the back of the clock out switch was bolted on too tight and did not work at all loosened the bolts a little bit, adjusted the switch and now the clock works as it should.
Awesome topper!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just what I was afraid of. Now I have to take the topper off the pin and tear it apart, again.

It is becoming quite obvious that none of these parts/ assemblies were passed by inspection before they went out the door.

Hubris.

#8520 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Just what I was afraid of. Now I have to take the topper off the pin and tear it apart, again.
It is becoming quite obvious that none of these parts/ assemblies were passed by inspection before they went out the door.
Hubris.

as much as I want one....and have been waiting on Stern to put them back on sale....I think I am done...too bad....such a awesome topper...with crap quality. I refuse to pay close to $500 and have to repair/mod it to make it work......

#8521 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Hubris.

It only took me about 30 minutes to fix. Luckily I had some experience pulling the topper apart so I knew what I was in for.

#8522 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

as much as I want one....and have been waiting on Stern to put them back on sale....I think I am done...too bad....such a awesome topper...with crap quality. I refuse to pay close to $500 and have to repair/mod it to make it work......

Actually, the quality of the parts are good. Quite good, IMO. I have never bought into that old "hand made" argument about hand made being better.

All of the parts on the topper are machine made and consistent. My guess is that every last part would meet specs.

Where Stern loses it is in the assembly. Wire harness involve some human labor; My problem was 2 wires were crossed and then soldered. Human error. A power-on inspection would have caught that.

If you want one and have any screwdriver skills to make minor repairs, I say go for it.

Is it worth the $450.00 I spent for it? That's another question entirely. That being said, I am in the process of making two toppers for my other pins. I'll be burying myself for at least $300.00 each when complete.

#8523 3 years ago

It only took me about 30 minutes to fix. Luckily I had some experience pulling the topper apart so I knew what I was in for.

I know what I am in for. It is just such a pain in the ass. I got it mounted---for the third time. Now I shoot for #4.

#8524 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I know what I am in for. It is just such a pain in the ass. I got it mounted---for the third time. Now I shoot for #4.

taking it apart was much more than I anticipated BUT none of it was difficult & none of it was difficult to re-assemble. it was obvious where all the parts went.

#8525 3 years ago

Regarding price and value:

Iron Maiden static topper with no mechs $400
Munster topper with mechs/coil $425

Munsters appears to have as much mechanically as the Star Wars topper $900

I want the IM topper but it's an even harder pill to swallow.

#8526 3 years ago

Mail Call!

AFB9203B-01F1-4403-9C40-1EDF0C35560F (resized).jpegAFB9203B-01F1-4403-9C40-1EDF0C35560F (resized).jpeg
#8527 3 years ago

Sadly I’m leaving this club but I am selling some of my mods. I have the Grandpa Electric Chair mod, Tesla Coils (x2), Koach Car mod and Eyeball bumper cap mod. These are practically new and I paid over $260 for all of them. Willing to let them all go for $165 and that includes shipping. I’m located in Santa Clarita California. PM me if you’re interested. Thanks

#8528 3 years ago
Quoted from SpecialK-33:

Sadly I’m leaving this club but I am selling some of my mods. I have the Grandpa Electric Chair mod, Tesla Coils (x2), Koach Car mod and Eyeball bumper cap mod. These are practically new and I paid over $260 for all of them. Willing to let them all go for $165 and that includes shipping. I’m located in Santa Clarita California. PM me if you’re interested. Thanks

Pm Sent

#8529 3 years ago

Munsters mods are off to a new home!

#8530 3 years ago
Quoted from SpecialK-33:

Munsters mods are off to a new home!

Someone got Great mods and an awesome deal

#8531 3 years ago

Well just joined the topper club. Just want to say thanks to Kurt over at Hemispheres Amusements in Hampshire IL. He took the time to open the topper with me hook it up to a machine he had there and test it. Then took it apart adjusted the switch because the clock wouldn't stop spinning changed the spring so the door works properly adjusted the hand so it would stop on the right time retested it all while I waited. Took about an hour. Great customer service went above and beyond to fix Stern's mistakes.

P.S. think he said he had one or two left and he will check and fix before shipping.

#8532 3 years ago
Quoted from etnfrd67:

Well just joined the topper club. Just want to say thanks to Kurt over at Hemispheres Amusements in Hampshire IL. He took the time to open the topper with me hook it up to a machine he had there and test it. Then took it apart adjusted the switch because the clock wouldn't stop spinning changed the spring so the door works properly adjusted the hand so it would stop on the right time retested it all while I waited. Took about an hour. Great customer service went above and beyond to fix Stern's mistakes.
P.S. think he said he had one or two left and he will check and fix before shipping.

That is a good distro. Making sure his customer is happy.

I think the repairs he made for you are what was wrong with most of the toppers, plus some light stuff ups as well.

Great topper, I am sure you will enjoy it.

#8533 3 years ago
Quoted from etnfrd67:

Great guy, I just purchased the shooter rod form him.

#8534 3 years ago

I am just learning more and more the usage of CAD programs. As training i tried to rebuild the Grandpa Hole Protector. It would be interesting if it would realy hold some games. And i think its to thik. But my last installed Protector is still holding. Looks a little dented but the flaps are looking that they are holding. When this will break i will have cliffys to replace.

P1120011 (resized).JPGP1120011 (resized).JPGP1120012 (resized).JPGP1120012 (resized).JPGP1120013 (resized).JPGP1120013 (resized).JPG
#8535 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Are you saying you are the pinhead in the family and have to get the old man's approval to get a pinball machine? Does he have you regulated to a small corner of the basement

I am the only pinhead, yet everyone is enjoying the Munsters. And hubby had a good laugh at that...everyone knows I'm the boss, I just give him the illusion that he has a say.

Put the Munsters in my dining room! I have 12 months before I can take over my oldest kiddo's room and turn it into my pinball cave. Of course I'll be so depressed about my first born leaving the nest that I will HAVE to sooth my broken heart with more pins.

#8536 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

For all I had to take mine apart and send in a light string for repair, I'm still glad I did it. It looks awesome and is so much fun. Just my 2 cents.

#8537 3 years ago

So I have had my Munsters LE for about a month and a half. I bought it with just over 100 games on it and now it has well over 1000. I can just see me trying to sell it down the road...

"Yeh I know the game count looks like it was heavily routed but most of that is just me pitching a fit and ending the game when I lose the first ball too quickly." Sad but true.

#8538 3 years ago

I’d get out of this habit ASAP. I would turn the adjustment off that slows this to take away the temptation. You’ll become a better player for it.

#8539 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’d get out of this habit ASAP. I would turn the adjustment off that slows this to take away the temptation. You’ll become a better player for it.

sounds good. i am novice in pinball and with munsters i have many good plays on 1st ball but equal enough with last one when i failed before.
On the other hand if you failed first ball, you could use the rest to try things out. Strange shots, training to hit ramps
this sounds so good i should do it myself

#8540 3 years ago

Wow, $600 they keep going up and up $$$, I am starting to think then Munsters Topper was underpriced.

Now with this JP topper it unlocks a mode that is only activated by the topper.

701AD26B-A421-47CD-9780-E8EA994BC5F3 (resized).jpeg701AD26B-A421-47CD-9780-E8EA994BC5F3 (resized).jpeg
#8541 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Wow, $600 they keep going up and up $$$, I am starting to think then Munsters Topper was underpriced.
[quoted image]

Stern is starting to look like a soap opera, "Tune in tomorrow".

I'm still thinking that Stern is following Apple Computer's marketing model, " You can buy a white MacBook for $$$. But for $100.00 dollars more you can buy a black MacBook and we will give you a little larger hard drive."

#8542 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

I am just learning more and more the usage of CAD programs. As training i tried to rebuild the Grandpa Hole Protector. It would be interesting if it would realy hold some games. And i think its to thik. But my last installed Protector is still holding. Looks a little dented but the flaps are looking that they are holding. When this will break i will have cliffys to replace.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

yep
but this seems not slim enough (or its perfectly IN the scoop) !?
as if not leveled with the PF, ball will jump...

#8543 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Stern is starting to look like a soap opera, "Tune in tomorrow".
I'm still thinking that Stern is following Apple Computer's marketing model, " You can buy a white MacBook for $$$. But for $100.00 dollars more you can buy a black MacBook and we will give you a little larger hard drive."

The Munsters topper is also gone from the website....but i was told production on run would begin end of May...

#8544 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yep
but this seems not slim enough (or its perfectly IN the scoop) !?
as if not leveled with the PF, ball will jump...

yes i think you are right it's not level with playfield. even if it's not useful it was good learning creating the part
Maybe in emergency until a replacent is underway it would be working, better than nothing.

#8545 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

yes i think you are right it's not level with playfield. even if it's not useful it was good learning creating the part
Maybe in emergency until a replacent is underway it would be working, better than nothing.

of course, experiencing new things is always nice
even more when its DIY

#8546 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

[quoted image]

WOW! I am almost afraid to see how much they are going to charge for the Elvira topper...if and when it ever becomes available.

#8547 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

WOW! I am almost afraid to see how much they are going to charge for the Elvira topper...if and when it ever becomes available.

$1,000 !

#8548 3 years ago

...you may be right.

#8549 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

The Munsters topper is also gone from the website....but i was told production on run would begin end of May...

Stern filled back orders for the Munsters topper through retailers. I believe the May run filled these orders. I got one.

#8550 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Stern filled back orders for the Munsters topper through retailers. I believe the May run filled these orders. I got one.

Told me it would be back on the website... I will send a followup email...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/171?hl=aussiegeorge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.