IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 237.
#751 5 years ago

Does anyone else have trouble knowing how many jackpots you have when the ball goes in dragula? I try to watch the number but sometimes it goes in there quick and just starts the animation. Plus, the number is so damn tiny. I hope an update makes it larger. I just read the super jackpot light flashes faster with the more jackpots you have, so I'll try to watch that next time but I feel like it won't help a lot unless it's really flashing fast.

#752 5 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Does anyone else have trouble knowing how many jackpots you have when the ball goes in dragula? I try to watch the number but sometimes it goes in there quick and just starts the animation. Plus, the number is so damn tiny. I hope an update makes it larger. I just read the super jackpot light flashes faster with the more jackpots you have, so I'll try to watch that next time but I feel like it won't help a lot unless it's really flashing fast.

The insert also blinks. The faster it blinks the more SJPs are in there. When in doubt pass and trap up to confirm how many you have.

#753 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

You're lucky to get one through them...

I think I know what you mean.

#754 5 years ago
Quoted from Tradesman:

Sounds like you are having some buyers remorse on this one Jbug.

I'm good, my main complaint at this time is how dark the game is. I'm going to see how many two-headed spots I can add to the middle of the playfield and backboard area. And yes it was ole spotty making that sound. He said he is hungry for his big can of food and no one is paying attention to him cause there is no light under the stairs yet. It's Dwight's fault.

#755 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

I found the two screws in the back area of the cabinet and the other item on the floor underneath it. There was nothing there before I put the game in that area. I remember seeing a post somewhere showing those same two screws that were also found in a cabinet. I heard something rattling and falling while taking the game out of the box. Anyone know if they are needed or not? The bigger item has two arrows and R & L on it. I'm thinking they were temporary holders for something (I hope).
I received my Pro a few hours ago and here are some early thoughts. The game was delivered into my backyard and to the side door. I gave up some dough to have the two guys slide the boxed game down the basement steps and I took it from there. I assembled it by myself except for putting on the back legs. I didn't know that they moved the on and off switch to the bottom, right, side of the back box (lol). I would have never looked there for a switch. I had to watch a few YouTube videos hoping one would show somebody turning the game on. Before I go on about the GI lighting, I want to say that I have Uveitis. At this stage, my eyes are still sensitive to light and I told my wife that I won't be driving to places where street lights are not bright so it's a rock and a hard one. I hope to have surgery soon to do what almost a year of body changing medicine didn't do. I find the playfield to be very, dark. If it wasn't for hearing others mention the darkness, I would just say it's me. The middle of the playfield is like a dark alley and you can't see much of what's on the backboard or get a good look at the tiny Dragula car. I don't want to spend the money on Stadium Lighting but I'll have to do something. Before you ask, I had three lights on a few feet from the game. I'm also finding the back box lighting and the inserts to be too bright. In that case, it's probably me as my wife thought they looked fine to her. For folks like me, it would have been nice to have an option to adjust light levels. CGC has that option in their remakes.
I found the audio adjustments to be a bit confusing also. I wanted to boost the low end but the wording is not clear and I never heard a difference except for the volume setting. If someone has had success with that please let me know what you did. I am downloading the latest update as I type this. I tried to get it done in time for Midnight Madness but didn't make it in time. I've noticed that this game has that glass off sound. The hard sounds that you hear that are somewhat masked with the glass off seemed louder with Munsters. Anybody experience that? At this point, I have good vibes with the gameplay but like others, I too hope the code will receive another visit.
[quoted image][quoted image]
Edit: Sometimes I wish this game wasn't so fast. I like to take in the videos and animation. I found the adjustment for the lights and toned down the back box and inserts. I'm going to get a few spots for this game. no question.

My playfield isn't dark at all. I added a backboard and dual color trough light.

IMG_20190216_173732 (resized).jpgIMG_20190216_173732 (resized).jpg
#756 5 years ago

After owning this for a few weeks I like the game but too easy and it feels like the game is just missing something ( code ). I can see this being sold and on to the next by summertime sadly. Fun just not remotely deep enough for me.

#757 5 years ago

I got to spend about an hour on a Pro machine at a retail store called Joystux in Houston today. I really enjoyed playing it and hope to get one for the the house later this year.

#758 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

My playfield isn't dark at all. I added a backboard and dual color trough light.
[quoted image]

Dude...nice!!

#759 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

[quoted image]

Wow, makes a hell of a difference, nice

#760 5 years ago

And the mirror blades he has In there adds a lot of reflective light as well

#761 5 years ago
Quoted from johnnypinball:

And the mirror blades he has In there adds a lot of reflective light as well

Yep, for not a lot of money, you can get some nice effects.

#762 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yep, for not a lot of money, you can get some nice effects.

Looks nice,

Even the stock lighting the PF isn't really dark normally but a few modes pretty well shut off all the lights on the PF that is my complaint about it. For example dragula kickout darkens everything along with spot and some other modes.

#763 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Looks nice,
Even the stock lighting the PF isn't really dark normally but a few modes pretty well shut off all the lights on the PF that is my complaint about it. For example dragula kickout darkens everything along with spot and some other modes.

Yeah, I don’t like that either. It’s a fast game and the times the game goes dark makes it hard to track the ball. Deadpool is like that too at times.

#764 5 years ago

No better way to spend a cold rainy Sunday than unboxing a new toy. Picking up mine at Trent's barn tomorrow morning. Can't wait.

#765 5 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:No better way to spend a cold rainy Sunday than unboxing a new toy. Picking up mine at Trent's barn tomorrow morning. Can't wait.

Pro or LE?

#766 5 years ago

Pro. My wallet can't support the LE.

#767 5 years ago

Just got to play an LE, at Helicon Brewery, and it's stunning!

Managed the 2 balls - 1 magnet trick.

IMG_20190216_183838908 (resized).jpgIMG_20190216_183838908 (resized).jpgIMG_20190216_183943950 (resized).jpgIMG_20190216_183943950 (resized).jpg

#768 5 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

Yes, yes!!!..this is gonna be good.......

#769 5 years ago

Played a Munsters Pro for the 2nd time today and still find this game very fun and i will be owning one soon. Gotta have it!

#770 5 years ago

I now have 245 games on my Pro, and I'm really enjoying it. The deeper you get into the levels the better the music gets too. The Midnight Madness mode on this game is great, always fun to experience it. The only negative for me so far is the right outlane, hard to keep the ball from exiting even when nudging. Ran an audit to get a comparison of left side Vs right side drains, right side is about 30% higher rate than the left which makes sense when you look at how the posts and lanes are configured. So all I need to do is keep that ball away from that right outlane

#771 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I now have 245 games on my Pro, and I'm really enjoying it. The deeper you get into the levels the better the music gets too. The Midnight Madness mode on this game is great, always fun to experience it. The only negative for me so far is the right outlane, hard to keep the ball from exiting even when nudging. Ran an audit to get a comparison of left side Vs right side drains, right side is about 30% higher rate than the left which makes sense when you look at how the posts and lanes are configured. So all I need to do is keep that ball away from that right outlane

You could also move the outlane post in and close that gap up a little bit if you wamted to. That would cut down on the drains a little bit.

#772 5 years ago

I had a half dozen local pinheads over yesterday for awhile to play my Pro. Everybody liked the game and enjoyed it. All very positive responses. A couple of very good players in the group and nobody blew up big scores. No concerns about the game being too easy.

Had to explain the Zap button as the button on the lockdown is a different function than some other titles. I think everybody caught on, but still almost all were pushing the button too when the ball drained. I told them it would be cool if you got a shock if you used the zap button at the wrong time. LOL

All enjoyed the game.

#773 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Do you offer those for sale? I only found a trough kit on Mezel mods when you search on Munsters.

#774 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Do you offer those for sale? I only found a trough kit on Mezel mods when you search on Munsters.

Sure do, https://lermods.com/t/the-munsters-pinball-mods

#775 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You could also move the outlane post in and close that gap up a little bit if you wamted to. That would cut down on the drains a little bit.

Yes, in fact I had planned to make that adjustment today, but not sure it is going to help that much. If you look at the other location to set the post it isn't that much of a change, but still going to make the change and see how it goes. For those that are interested I'll report back after a few games with the results.

#776 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Yes, in fact I had planned to make that adjustment today, but not sure it is going to help that much. If you look at the other location to set the post it isn't that much of a change, but still going to make the change and see how it goes. For those that are interested I'll report back after a few games with the results.

PM sent re: moving the posts.

#777 5 years ago

I moved my post and it helps a little but not much

#778 5 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

More input please...the suspense is killing me

#779 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I moved my post and it helps a little but not much

That is what I was thinking too judging by the hole position, but still going to make the adjustment as anything will help. I prefer the game to have a more balanced feel between the L & R outlanes, just my opinion.

#780 5 years ago
20190217_090739 (resized).jpg20190217_090739 (resized).jpg20190217_101459 (resized).jpg20190217_101459 (resized).jpg
#781 5 years ago

Throwing the tilt bob in the trash helps with the outlanes

#782 5 years ago

Look at that shit eating grin on violin Steve! Lol

#783 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

It helps more than you would think. Its not extremely huge but definitely noticeable. I moved mine in on GB because the game is so brutal and im really glad that i did because even though the difference was minimal, anything help at all was welcomed on that drain monster! It made the game more fun.

#784 5 years ago

Man, that’s one happy violinSteve...the smile sums up this hobby.
Congrats!

#785 5 years ago

Steve we expect a full report by this evening so just know that we are all waiting!!

#786 5 years ago

Hi all,
So doing my first software update to .91...………….Did the "Full" install, Seems to have went OK-Game now says Munsters Pro Version .91 on start-up etc, etc.
1) It gave me the option for "Quick" install
2) Or "Full" install......Which is what I went with

How do you discern or know when to do either the "Full" or "Quick install ??

#787 5 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Hi all,
So doing my first software update to .91...………….Did the "Full" install, Seems to have went OK-Game now says Munsters Pro Version .91 on start-up etc, etc.
1) It gave me the option for "Quick" install
2) Or "Full" install......Which is what I went with
How do you discern or know when to do either the "Full" or "Quick install ??

9 times out of 10 you’ll select “quick”.
If the code update fails, or the pin acts strange or weird, you can try a “full” install to see if it helps clear up the problems. Full definitely takes a lot longer to run through.

#788 5 years ago

Fun game. No issues out of the box other than the launch occasionally hitting the wireform. A couple of extra washers should raise the wireform enough to resolve. Not bothering me at the moment. So far tonight I hit Munster Madness once. High score of 66M so far. Love the light show. Need to learn the rules, but later. For now I'm just having too much fun. This is a great theme and I love the video clips and callouts. Artwork is beautiful. Came with current code installed. Just all around great experience today. Thanks, Trent! Cheers, everyone!

20190217_145653 (resized).jpg20190217_145653 (resized).jpg20190217_150751 (resized).jpg20190217_150751 (resized).jpg20190217_145908 (resized).jpg20190217_145908 (resized).jpg20190217_150648 (resized).jpg20190217_150648 (resized).jpg20190217_151702 (resized).jpg20190217_151702 (resized).jpg20190217_152535 (resized).jpg20190217_152535 (resized).jpg20190217_152643 (resized).jpg20190217_152643 (resized).jpg20190217_152708 (resized).jpg20190217_152708 (resized).jpg20190217_154106 (resized).jpg20190217_154106 (resized).jpg20190217_154803 (resized).jpg20190217_154803 (resized).jpg20190217_200725 (resized).jpg20190217_200725 (resized).jpg
#789 5 years ago

Way to go ViolinSteve, funny how a New in the Box pin brings out the kid in us grown up's! Your gonna have lots of fun with Munster's in the house now!

Made the outlane post changes today and played a few games, seems a bit better. After taking a measurement to compare the left and right gaps at the outlanes it's obvious Borg purposely designed the imbalance in the gaps by design. The gap on the right side is a 1/4" larger than the left after making the adjustments. Must be a reason why Borg did that, perhaps he's testing our nudging skills!

I like the way Puffdanny thinks, those damn tilt bobs always seem to get ya just when U think your cranking out your best game, then it bites ya!

#790 5 years ago

Looks good ViolinSteve!

For all those who are having ball launch and wireform strikes try filing down the leading edges of the fork on the metal transition ramp. My game did the same thing, then after working on the ramp a bit it cured the problem. I did add one washer to raise the wireform just a tad, but really don't think I needed to do that after working on the ramp. Ball runs up the ramp fine now.

20190203_103651 (resized).jpg20190203_103651 (resized).jpg
#791 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Way to go ViolinSteve, funny how a New in the Box pin brings out the kid in us grown up's! Your gonna have lots of fun with Munster's in the house now!
Made the outlane post changes today and played a few games, seems a bit better. After taking a measurement to compare the left and right gaps at the outlanes it's obvious Borg purposely designed the imbalance in the gaps by design. The gap on the right side is a 1/4" larger than the left after making the adjustments. Must be a reason why Borg did that, perhaps he's testing our nudging skills!
I like the way Puffdanny thinks, those damn tilt bobs always seem to get ya just when U think your cranking out your best game, then it bites ya!

Same reason the code don't have a ball save from the factory... game is a shallower type pin so they did small things to make it more difficult which i love. However anyone can adjust their games how they want which is y there are options.

#792 5 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

9 times out of 10 you’ll select “quick”.
If the code update fails, or the pin acts strange or weird, you can try a “full” install to see if it helps clear up the problems. Full definitely takes a lot longer to run through.

Thank you sir...…..it took like 10 minutes......enough time to run the trash out and put clothes in the dryer !! - Lol

#793 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Looks good ViolinSteve!
For all those who are having ball launch and wireform strikes try filing down the leading edges of the fork on the metal transition ramp. My game did the same thing, then after working on the ramp a bit it cured the problem. I did add one washer to raise the wireform just a tad, but really don't think I needed to do that after working on the ramp. Ball runs up the ramp fine now.
[quoted image]

1956 I may try your method,will look at it later today...………….day off from work for Presidents Day-but need to go out and shovel a little snow right now.

#794 5 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

1956 I may try your method,will look at it later today...………….day off from work for Presidents Day-but need to go out and shovel a little snow right now.

Removing the metal ramp is pretty straight forward. Once its out I filed the leading edges to almost razor sharp, the photo I posted was my initial filing, I ended up filing it more than what is showing in the photo. If you take a look at the dragula metal ramp you will notice that the play field has been routed out to allow that fork area to nest into the wood, my bet is that there were repeated ball launches from that ramp until they sunk that fork down into the playfield. So to that end and not wanting to cut into the wood on the shooter lane I jsu kept filing the metal fork area until it stopped kicking the ball upward.

Have fun shoveling that snow!

#795 5 years ago

Just got my Munsters pin. Couple before and after pics of the pin with and without the mods. Okay, I really like this pin. Smooth ramps and a cool zap button feature that really adds to the pin. Thank you mod couple for the excellent mods. They really make the pin and totally worth the money. Waiting on the Mezel mods dog can. Now, if someone could just make the Little Eddie werewolf toy mod to go over the Eddie lane. Hhmmm!

2DB2B47B-E1EA-47AE-830E-19A779825730 (resized).jpeg2DB2B47B-E1EA-47AE-830E-19A779825730 (resized).jpeg4DCDA963-F61F-449D-9613-A8D65C7CE073 (resized).jpeg4DCDA963-F61F-449D-9613-A8D65C7CE073 (resized).jpegA0B15E7A-9814-4CC3-B762-8049B2D95465 (resized).jpegA0B15E7A-9814-4CC3-B762-8049B2D95465 (resized).jpeg
#796 5 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Just got my Munsters pin. Couple before and after pics of the pin with and without the mods. Okay, I really like this pin. Smooth ramps and a cool zap button feature that really adds to the pin. Thank you mod couple for the excellent mods. They really make the pin and totally worth the money. Waiting on the Mezel mods dog can. Now, if someone could just make the Little Eddie werewolf toy mod to go over the Eddie lane. Hhmmm!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dude bad ass man congrats
Have to see this dog can I was wondering if someone would make one as soon as I saw the game

#797 5 years ago

Congrats Indypin!
Enjoy your beautiful new toy.

#798 5 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Now you just need a new shooter rod.

IMG_20190131_2236548 (resized).jpgIMG_20190131_2236548 (resized).jpg
#799 5 years ago

Anyone seen this Herman Munster shooter rod on eBay? Looks like Ronald Reagan’s head on a stick!
ebay.com link: 0

0276C26D-06EF-4849-AF06-45CF12D7AF73 (resized).png0276C26D-06EF-4849-AF06-45CF12D7AF73 (resized).png
#800 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Removing the metal ramp is pretty straight forward. Once its out I filed the leading edges to almost razor sharp, the photo I posted was my initial filing, I ended up filing it more than what is showing in the photo. If you take a look at the dragula metal ramp you will notice that the play field has been routed out to allow that fork area to nest into the wood, my bet is that there were repeated ball launches from that ramp until they sunk that fork down into the playfield. So to that end and not wanting to cut into the wood on the shooter lane I jsu kept filing the metal fork area until it stopped kicking the ball upward.
Have fun shoveling that snow!

Went for it full tilt....pardon the pun !! ) Marked and scribed the lower ramp fork and took my Dremel tool and routed out that area of the playfield clear coat and down into the wood of the playfield so the ramp now sets all the way flush !!! Filed down the sharp leading edges as you did and then polished the ramp with Scotchbrite before re-installing---pics later or if anybody wants to see them LMK - Kirk

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/16?hl=aussiegeorge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.