IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 237.
#8301 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I intend to pull our topper apart again next time we clean and service out machine. There is quite a lot going on inside the raven clock. Great topper!

I'm e-mailing Chas tonight to plead for a schematic and blowup diagram w part #'s. Hopefully, he has it by now.

Would be very valuable. Some standard parts (LED's, coil, sleeve, micro switch, node board), but some proprietary things (clock motor, metal assemblies, nylon guide, wheels, etc.).

#8302 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm e-mailing Chas tonight to plead for a schematic and blowup diagram w part #'s. Hopefully, he has it by now.
Would be very valuable. Some standard parts (LED's, coil, sleeve, micro switch, node board), but some proprietary things (clock motor, metal assemblies, nylon guide, wheels, etc.).

That is awesome. If you could share that with me, I would really appreciate it.

Great work!

#8303 3 years ago

Stern wants $993 for a Munsters pro playfield. I think that's too much. (the op thought it was to much too) I thought I would buy one for when the pooling starts chipping and the dimpling gets bad. I will think twice before I buy another Stern game.

#8304 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Great work!

I would also like a copy.

#8305 3 years ago

Playing with the new topper.

I notice some new audio callouts from Raven

1) With the right ramp skill shot, Raven gets in there and makes the 5-4-3-2-1 countdown. Paul and Eddie also callout the countdown. The boy has always made my countdowns. Now Paul is, too. They take turns.

2) Raven said "Sing Charlie sing". One time, so far.

3) Raven has said a couple of other things, IIRC.

#8306 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Playing with the new topper.
I notice some new audio callouts from Raven
1) With the right ramp skill shot, Raven gets in there and makes the 5-4-3-2-1 countdown. Paul and Eddie also callout the countdown. The boy has always made my countdowns. Now Paul is, too. They take turns.
2) Raven said "Sing Charlie sing". One time, so far.
3) Raven has said a couple of other things, IIRC.

There's all kind of stuff he does to taunt the crap out of you....kind of merciless during Raven multi-ball. Always reminds me of FGY when I play, except the damn bird is coming out and can definitely catch you off guard on occasion.....fun, fun!!!

#8307 3 years ago

Great work!

Quoted from cottonm4:

I would also like a copy.

Will definitely share his response and/or whatever he sends to me (sent e-mail already). He wasn't on the original "topper team", but definitely my go-to guy at Stern for anything I'm trying to get my hands on....

#8308 3 years ago

Man I want a topper.... but I am scared.... lol. When they go on sale again at the Stern site....I will order from them...one stop shop

#8309 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

just opened had a look. 4.5 to 5.0 i have the impression both are not working 100%. The head is hard to grip.
Maybe try with a "plier" i a not sure if this is the right word. But only if you can get a good grip to get it loose.

Took the advice of another Pinsider on this amazing, must-have mini driver kit:

Pricey, but if you work on your pins alot, this kit will last forever, and has everything to deal with the small things:

https://www.wihatools.com/master-tech-65-piece-set-esd-handle-mini-ratchet-microbits-in-metal-storage-box

Nothing like having the right tool for the job....

#8310 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Took the advice of another Pinsider on this amazing, must-have mini driver kit:
Pricey, but if you work on your pins alot, this kit will last forever, and has everything to deal with the small things:
https://www.wihatools.com/master-tech-65-piece-set-esd-handle-mini-ratchet-microbits-in-metal-storage-box
Nothing like having the right tool for the job....

The price is up there. Do you get a good feel for the tools? I suppose it goes without asking that these tools are a little better than the Harbor Freight offerings? Yes?

#8311 3 years ago

I got my topper from Game Room Guys last Friday and have played the hell out of it. It works great and is the crowning touch for this pin.

#8312 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The price is up there. Do you get a good feel for the tools? I suppose it goes without asking that these tools are a little better than the Harbor Freight offerings? Yes?

Got mine for around $98.00 I think. These are precision, German made...great feel and amazing for me to work with. Definitely designed for those with OCD (me) when it comes to needing quality, ease of use, and exact fit.

I've had a set of their electric insulated screwdrivers forever (full size), and my "go-to" when the fit has to be perfect. Highly recommend....

#8313 3 years ago

My Munsters was in attract mode. I walked up and pressed the right flipper to watch the clock. Raven pops out and called me, " You cornball".

#8314 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

My Munsters was in attract mode. I walked up and pressed the right flipper to watch the clock. Raven pops out and called me, " You cornball".

A nasty bird!!!!

#8315 3 years ago

" I'll chop myself up into liver and put myself into the hors d'oeuvres" - best Grandpa saying in attract mode.....crazy

#8316 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

" I'll chop myself up into liver and put myself into the hors d'oeuvres" - best Grandpa saying in attract mode.....crazy

I have not heard that one yet. I did have mine laugh at me two days ago. It was Herman Multi-ball and a ball was locked on the magnet. I hit the ball with the 2nd ball, but not hard enough. The two balls were stuck together until a time limit was reached. When these two balls were stuck together I got laughed at.

I was laughed at once again today but it was just regular table action.

#8317 3 years ago

Listening to the code in PB I heard Grandpa say, "I think there are more nuts in this family than bolts".

Love it! Anyone heard this yet during gameplay or attract mode?

#8318 3 years ago

I fire Munsters up for same game play. I have my clock set so that Midnite Madness comes on sometime in the afternoon. I'm playing along and, shoot a ball up the left orbit. At that point in time, my pin goes dark so I am thinking Midnight Madness. The ball comes down the other side and drains. I have no flippers. I have nothing.

Munsters has locked up. All my feature lights go dark. The only thing burning is the back glass and the LED monitor. And down in Grandpa's Basement there is a small red light lit on an optos board. That's it. Dead pinball machine. The first thought is what is going on? The 2nd thought was how much was this going to cost?

Turning the pin off and back on solved the problem. But the question is: What just happened? What was this all about?

Any thoughts? Ideas?

IMG_3528 (resized).JPGIMG_3528 (resized).JPG
IMG_3530 (resized).JPGIMG_3530 (resized).JPG

#8319 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I fire Munsters up for same game play. I have my clock set so that Midnite Madness comes on sometime in the afternoon. I'm playing along and, shoot a ball up the left orbit. At that point in time, my pin goes dark so I am thinking Midnight Madness. The ball comes down the other side and drains. I have no flippers. I have nothing.
Munsters has locked up. All my feature lights go dark. The only thing burning is the back glass and the LED monitor. And down in Grandpa's Basement there is a small red light lit on an optos board. That's it. Dead pinball machine. The first thought is what is going on? The 2nd thought was how much was this going to cost?
Turning the pin off and back on solved the problem. But the question is: What just happened? What was this all about?
Any thoughts? Ideas?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

New feature in the code: “Darn, darn, darn Madness” mode

#8320 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Any thoughts? Ideas?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

First guess is a code glitch. The game doesn't have all the bugs worked out...you may have found one.

#8321 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Will definitely share his response and/or whatever he sends to me (sent e-mail already). He wasn't on the original "topper team", but definitely my go-to guy at Stern for anything I'm trying to get my hands on....

Chas response on manual etc. for topper:

" Hi Mark,
We are working on one but is not ready yet. Hopefully soon!"

Chas is a good guy....I'm convinced this game is receiving love...just gotta wait.

#8322 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Any thoughts? Ideas?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

First, let Stern know and ask them what they think. While you are waiting, please look below to my thoughts.

Looks like a code issue. Please check all your connections to the CPU board are seated correctly, and all your cat 5 cables are seated correctly throughout the machine. If the game was mine, I would flash a new SD card (buy a new good quality one) and put it in the machine. You will lose all your settings and high scores unless you save all these to a USB drive and re load after you have changed over the SD card. Machine has to be off to swap the SD card over.

https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

Good Luck!

#8323 3 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Stern wants $993 for a Munsters pro playfield. I think that's too much. (the op thought it was to much too) I thought I would buy one for when the pooling starts chipping and the dimpling gets bad. I will think twice before I buy another Stern game.

Saw this add pop up:

5F49036E-79A0-45D0-B54E-E3125C97635C (resized).png5F49036E-79A0-45D0-B54E-E3125C97635C (resized).png
#8324 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnypinball:

Saw this add pop up:[quoted image]

does anyone know him and can verify.

#8326 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Any thoughts? Ideas?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Hi,

i think i had once a similar case. I too have set midnight madness for early evening 7pm. It's just fun to midnight madness at least once in while and not only on two 3 weekends in the year. I can't remember what excactly happened. But i think the ball drained in the exact moment Midnight madness started. And what i remember is that it behaved very badly from that moment on. Midnight madness did not start correctly, but sounds and lights of it did kick in from time to time.
A restart fixed it.

Midnight madness is strange mode for sleepy drunk people i guess. Another thing i had with midnight madness was that it stacked with spot. On a started Spot mode Midnight madness kicked in. On the whole midnight madness that did not last that long, the left ramp was still blocked with spot.

#8327 3 years ago

Hey gang,

Well ... this is definitely "old news" now. However, this stay-at-home thing has motivated me to finally cut together some old video I shot last year. Even though we are a year off, I wanted to share this quick Munsters Pickup / Setup / MODs video.
Thanks for watching
Chris

#8328 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnypinball:

Saw this add pop up:[quoted image]

I emailed him and said I would take it right after you posted this. He just pm me and said somebody put a deposit on it. That sucks I pm him 4 times. Probably
somebody trying to make a buck.

#8329 3 years ago

FYI-the topper is back on sale at ebay being sold by classic game room. I purchased mine today and he has already shipped it. Can't wait to add the coolest topper to my musters pin.

#8330 3 years ago

Hello guys

What’s Chas email address at Stern ?

#8331 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Hello guys
What’s Chas email address at Stern ?

[email protected]

#8332 3 years ago

I have had over 500 games to date on my Premium. I had previously 3D printed (Designed by' Cabal' - Thank you !) the post support to prevent the wire form near Herman from bending. Playing a few games this morning and a ball has hit and broken the tip off the plastic as shown. My concern is that a ball could now hit the back of IR PCB on the left ramp with the possibility of breaking it or worse. To help in protecting the small IR PCB, I have designed a 3D printed cover which slips over the top of the PCB and is a very simple install. Cosmetically it improves the look at the back of the PCB as well.

I could upload onto 'Thingiverse' if anyone wants the .stl file so they can 3D print.

Munsters - Left Ramp - IR Protector (resized).JPGMunsters - Left Ramp - IR Protector (resized).JPGMunsters IR Protector (resized).JPGMunsters IR Protector (resized).JPG
#8333 3 years ago

Yes, please post the file for the cover. Thanks!

#8334 3 years ago
Quoted from davej:

Yes, please post the file for the cover. Thanks!

Ditto! ^^

#8335 3 years ago
Quoted from oldpins:

I have had over 500 games to date on my Premium. I had previously 3D printed (Designed by' Cabal' - Thank you !) the post support to prevent the wire form near Herman from bending. Playing a few games this morning and a ball has hit and broken the tip off the plastic as shown. My concern is that a ball could now hit the back of IR PCB on the left ramp with the possibility of breaking it or worse. To help in protecting the small IR PCB, I have designed a 3D printed cover which slips over the top of the PCB and is a very simple install. Cosmetically it improves the look at the back of the PCB as well.
I could upload onto 'Thingiverse' if anyone wants the .stl file so they can 3D print.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes please upload it to thingiverse.
For the broken plastic there is a service kit from Stern out:
Stern Pinball Service Kit Munsters Plastic #19 Black & White #502-7096-01

https://www.kms-handel-shop.de/de/stern-pinball/stern-pinball-service-kit-munsters-plastic-19-black-white-502-7096-01_40568_12403

i have found it on my disitributors site. But you should get it from Stern or your distributor directly.

#8336 3 years ago

I keep finding new and inventive ways to get the ball stuck in the lower playfield.

In other news, sent my topper wire harness off to Chas yesterday for them to fix. Can't wait to get that tech diagram when it comes out!

#8337 3 years ago
Quoted from finplanner69:

I keep finding new and inventive ways to get the ball stuck in the lower playfield.
In other news, sent my topper wire harness off to Chas yesterday for them to fix. Can't wait to get that tech diagram when it comes out!

i am not sure if it was mentioned to you. But some time ago i think a lot tried to reduce the flipper power of the Lower playfield to reduce flying balls and strange places the ball got stuck too. It's a long time ago i read this and don't know if it is still valid. I only have a pro so now lower playfield for me

#8338 3 years ago
Quoted from finplanner69:

Where are you getting stuck at?

#8339 3 years ago

Has anyone else been having issues with the Herman magnet grabbing the ball on really hard shots? I've noticed this more since the latest release. Prior to this I've only ever seen herman issues once and when that happened there was no magnet at all. Once I restarted the machine I never saw it again. This time it's different. Really hard shots are definitely causing the magnet to engage as I see herman moving. The ball is not slowing down at all though. It's like the power to the magnet has been reduced or something.

On the latest software I have never seen the two balls get grabbed by the magnet. Used to happen all the time.

#8340 3 years ago
Quoted from oldpins:

I could upload onto 'Thingiverse' if anyone wants the .stl file so they can 3D print.[quoted image][quoted image]

#8341 3 years ago

Contact stern they should send out replacement with a metal piece that goes underneath for free under warranty!

#8342 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Yes please upload it to thingiverse.
For the broken plastic there is a service kit from Stern out:
Stern Pinball Service Kit Munsters Plastic #19 Black & White #502-7096-01
https://www.kms-handel-shop.de/de/stern-pinball/stern-pinball-service-kit-munsters-plastic-19-black-white-502-7096-01_40568_12403
i have found it on my disitributors site. But you should get it from Stern or your distributor directly.

Thanks 'Cabal', I have sent an email to Stern asking for a Service Kit replacement under warranty. Awaiting a response.

I uploaded the 3D print file to 'Thingiverse' this morning, however not sure if it has been submitted / received. Will know more when they approve it I guess ?

#8343 3 years ago
Quoted from oldpins:

Thanks 'Cabal', I have sent an email to Stern asking for a Service Kit replacement under warranty. Awaiting a response.
I uploaded the 3D print file to 'Thingiverse' this morning, however not sure if it has been submitted / received. Will know more when they approve it I guess ?

have created a new account at thingiverse? I had to wait 24hours until i was able to submit designs.

edit: i meant share instead of submit

#8344 3 years ago

I want to replace my coil in my topper, I don't have any Gottlieb coils, what Williams coil is better to use as a replacement so its not so strong?

#8345 3 years ago

Thank you

When you drain your last ball, the game is over and the raven pops out of the topper, there’s no lights on the topper is that normal ?

#8346 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Thank you
When you drain your last ball, the game is over and the raven pops out of the topper, there’s no lights on the topper is that normal ?

yep, sadly, in current state. Hence my hope they isolate his lamp if possible w code update at some point...

#8347 3 years ago

I would like to thank MBWalker for sending me the bent rail mod. I reached out to him and within the same day he had helped me out with the mod. This is why pinball and Pinside is cool because of people like MBWalker.

#8348 3 years ago
Quoted from Chumbuket:

I would like to thank MBWalker for sending me the bent rail mod. I reached out to him and within the same day he had helped me out with the mod. This is why pinball and Pinside is cool because of people like MBWalker.

Same here too. I had no clue on how to print one out and he was generous enough to make.me one, what a nice guy! It was a little bit of a pain to put in but I think its going to do the job and keep me from having problems down the road. Thank you MBWalker.

#8349 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Where are you getting stuck at?

All over the place. Not one spot in particular.

#8350 3 years ago

Mods for mother's day! Kids and hubby did a great job.

20200510_135152 (resized).jpg20200510_135152 (resized).jpg20200511_001335 (resized).jpg20200511_001335 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/167?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.