pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 237.
#8051 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

first, everybody to his own.
I think it's not easy to create a pinball machine that will suit everybody. Maybe because i am simple minded in case of pinball machines or just a novice.
But for me the Munsters is just pure fun. It's the only machine i have and ever played for longer time. For me it's nice to play the rules are easy to understand.
On the other hand it's quite fast and unforgiving. This mixture just wants me to play just another game, at least get munster madness, or just one step more.
Sometimes i get a lot of balls and only about 5-10 Million points, on the other game i get with 1st ball over 100
I like that.
Maybe if i would play other machines it would get boring from the rules, but never from theme.
on the other hand i don't want to get a diploma on rule sheets. Sometimes i read the threads of other machines and what i read there about rules just sounds very complicated. I just want to play some games in the evening, without much thinking and thats what the munsters pinball gives me.
But i can understand that people that have more experience want deeper code and more challenges.

Sadly the code issues have been discussed over and over, Munsters really isn't a newbie friendly pin the shots are hard the out lanes are hungry and it plays fast. That doesn't make for a very fun game for new players and from what I have seen locally people just don't like playing it in league, tournaments or on location in general.

Mine has been sitting folded up in storage for a bit now waiting for some code love. I tried to sell it and other than giving it away nobody wanted it so I will hold out for new code and hopefully it will become a more desirable pin as it should be.

#8052 3 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Sadly the code issues have been discussed over and over, Munsters really isn't a newbie friendly pin the shots are hard the out lanes are hungry and it plays fast. That doesn't make for a very fun game for new players and from what I have seen locally people just don't like playing it in league, tournaments or on location in general.
Mine has been sitting folded up in storage for a bit now waiting for some code love. I tried to sell it and other than giving it away nobody wanted it so I will hold out for new code and hopefully it will become a more desirable pin as it should be.

This has been the experience I have seen as well. It is not a loved pin at league nights. Lots of scores in the 0-10 mil range. The scoring is highly unbalanced and does not make new players want to keep playing. The first 2 modes you play are worth basically nothing since you can't raise the playfield multi to 6. Even with 6x playfield spot is pointless to go after making it a completely wasted mode.

My league strategy is very fixed. My goal is basically a throw away first ball. Qualify grandpa, start spot, start grandpa, shoot for lily to start lily. If I manage that depending if I wanna shoot loops I may just let it drain at this point depending on how much time is left on spot. Then I go for herman, increase playfield to 6x and play that as long as I can, then do the same with raven and if I can keep it going with the 6x through to munster madness. Any other league strategy I've tried ends in misery. I'd love to hear if anyone else has a strategy for league that doesn't throw away the first 3 modes to get the 6x playfield going into back to back multiballs. This is on the pro.

#8053 3 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

This is a perfect example of why nobody should ever buy a game hoping for code updates. Never ever buy a game that you dont like!

#8054 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

This has been the experience I have seen as well. It is not a loved pin at league nights. Lots of scores in the 0-10 mil range. The scoring is highly unbalanced and does not make new players want to keep playing. The first 2 modes you play are worth basically nothing since you can't raise the playfield multi to 6. Even with 6x playfield spot is pointless to go after making it a completely wasted mode.
My league strategy is very fixed. My goal is basically a throw away first ball. Qualify grandpa, start spot, start grandpa, shoot for lily to start lily. If I manage that depending if I wanna shoot loops I may just let it drain at this point depending on how much time is left on spot. Then I go for herman, increase playfield to 6x and play that as long as I can, then do the same with raven and if I can keep it going with the 6x through to munster madness. Any other league strategy I've tried ends in misery. I'd love to hear if anyone else has a strategy for league that doesn't throw away the first 3 modes to get the 6x playfield going into back to back multiballs. This is on the pro.

I think this is a perfect pin for tournaments because you pretty much earn every point that you get. You have to make your shots to score big and theres no just getting lucky and scoring big points.

#8055 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This is a perfect example of why nobody should ever buy a game hoping for code updates. Never ever buy a game that you dont like!

It’s really this simple.

#8056 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think this is a perfect pin for tournaments because you pretty much earn every point that you get. You have to make your shots to score big and theres no just getting lucky and scoring big points.

Problem is people don't seem to like it in the tournament/league setting. You have to work for scores on Jurassic Park too and really land some hard shots but even newer people to league can manage good scores from time to time on it. Not so much on Munsters and that creates defeated people who don't want to play it ever. A few pages back I've already given my report on newbie impressions of the machine so I won't repeat it but in my opinion Stern did not succeed on making a newbie friendly throwback pin.

I do still like the machine for what it is and I enjoy it and know how to get large scores on it but I've also played over 1500 games on it. I better lol

#8057 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So you are saying never buy a NIB stern because none of them have finished code upon release, that would be rough for stern because they wouldn't sell a singe game upon release as there isn't a single pin I can think of that they have released in recent history that had complete code.

Stern has set the precedence of having bare bones code upon release and completing the code as time goes on, they have conditioned buyers overtime that this is going to be the case. Most of the time the code gets updated, polished etc in a reasonable amount of time with most of but not all of the Programmers at stern.

So unless you never want to buy a NIB stern my advice is to only buy the ones who have the complete package designer, programmer, artist etc that you trust will complete the project and avoid the ones who have a poor track record of completing things.

#8058 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s really this simple.

Yep never buy a NIB stern because not a single one is complete on release.

#8059 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

IMO huge scores on Munsters are all about luck otherwise there wouldn't be such a disparity be "average" scores and the GC scores on them. Look up some league scores for The Munsters and I think you will see what I am talking about.

Here are some scores from local STL leagues just scroll down until you see the Munsters.

http://stlouis.league.papa.org/stats/189/1-10

http://stlouis.league.papa.org/stats/192/1-9

#8060 3 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

So you are saying never buy a NIB stern because none of them have finished code upon release

No he’s saying buy a game for what it currently is, not what you hope it will be. If you don’t like the game early on, what and see what it becomes and see if your opinion changes. Buy then if it turns around for you. I’ve bought multiple games with incomplete code because I loved where the code currently stood, not what I thought and hoped it would change into.

#8061 3 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

So you are saying never buy a NIB stern because none of them have finished code upon release,

No I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying if you think a game sucks do not buy it. You can play games at barcades and see them on TV etc to know if you like them or not before you buy.

Everyone hopes more code comes down the line obviously but theres no guarantee of that as we have seen on Munsters and other games. I played munsters before I bought it and I enjoyed it and I loved the theme also so to me it was a must buy. I still love Munsters and it's always going to be a keeper for me even if the code never gets another update.

Most games are pretty good at launch and they need a little bit of polish afterwards which they usually get but if I played a game and thought to myself that the code was severely lacking I would wait until it got some updates before buying.

#8062 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I am doing a little maintenance on Munsters. This involved removing the lower play field and adding that ball guide to keep the ball in the track of the ramp.
[quoted image]
I thought those little balls were going to be a problem and fall out on the floor when I removed the lower play field. Instead I has a pleasant surprise.
The balls just rest on a ledge of the play field.
Easy Job.
[quoted image]

Hey Cotton, if you remove the plastic coating on the front and back of the newly installed ball guide plastic, it’ll look much better. I purchased the same plastic piece and after removing the plastic each side you can barely notice it now. Good addition to lower PF.

#8063 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Hey Cotton, if you remove the plastic coating on the front and back of the newly installed ball guide plastic, it’ll look much better. I purchased the same plastic piece and after removing the plastic each side you can barely notice it now. Good addition to lower PF.

Lol I was wondering why it looked so shitty. My ramp registers almost every shot so I dont really see a need for it. I guess I got lucky on that.

#8064 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Thanks.

I did removed the protective plastic. I left it on for the pic because of the contrast so it could be seen better.

I suppose I need to turn my lower play field back on. A friend prefers playing with the lower play field turned off. So I turned it off and like the way the pin plays without the lower play field. It gives better flow.

Don't get me wrong. I like the lower play field and I'll turn it back on eventually. But if I had bought a Pro instead of my LE, I would have no regrets.

#8065 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Thanks.
I did removed the protective plastic. I left it on for the pic because of the contrast so it could be seen better.
I suppose I need to turn my lower play field back on. A friend prefers playing with the lower play field turned off. So I turned it off and like the way the pin plays without the lower play field. It gives better flow.
Don't get me wrong. I like the lower play field and I'll turn it back on eventually. But if I had bought a Pro instead of my LE, I would have no regrets.

We are going to make one of those small ball guides next service. That is a great idea, the small balls create different issues. Ours does not register most of the time. Great feature of the game, I love trying to play both playfields at the same time!

#8066 3 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

We have the opposite. We have newbies that come over just to play Munsters. Newbies that are not on Pinside, absolutelly love the game. Newbies that are on Pinside ask about the code and what is wrong with it. Once we explain to the Pinside newbies nothing is wrong with the code game is just a bit different, they love the game too.

#8067 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No he’s saying buy a game for what it currently is, not what you hope it will be. If you don’t like the game early on, what and see what it becomes and see if your opinion changes. Buy then if it turns around for you. I’ve bought multiple games with incomplete code because I loved where the code currently stood, not what I thought and hoped it would change into.

yep...same story rehashed a million times in this thread. I really like the theme, layout, but LOVE the mini pf!!! Thing just fascinates me...

Good luck "coding" that into any other game

Used to only get that fix w my FGY, so when I saw it on the LE...done deal

#8068 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We have the opposite. We have newbies that come over just to play Munsters. Newbies that are not on Pinside, absolutelly love the game. Newbies that are on Pinside ask about the code and what is wrong with it. Once we explain to the Pinside newbies nothing is wrong with the code game is just a bit different, they love the game too.

This!!

And so weird when I went to Modern Pinball in NY last Fall, Munsters Premium was non stop, yet DI, GOT, DP, and others getting average use...what was wrong w these people...don't they know!!!...

#8069 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

but in my opinion Stern did not succeed on making a newbie friendly throwback pin.

I disagree. I'm not the greatest player, but I am getting better. Before Munsters, at my favorite arcade, I got to play Iron Maiden---for about 30 seconds. Dialed In was not much better. Ghostbusters and Metallica and SC-DC were 30 second pins for me, too. I get a pin that does that to me and is a long time before I am going to feed it again.

But Munsters, I was in love at first ball. It gave me some flipper friendly shots and is was/is fast. Those are my two requirements. I did not have to have a rulebook as big as the Gutenberg Bible to learn how to play it.

A year and a half later, my skills are improving. I am learning AC-DC. Had a great game on an Aerosmith. I have learned to like Ghostbusters.

I think for the average, casual player, Stern knocked it out out of the park.

I am really sorry for all the wizards out there who do not feel challenged by Munsters and desire more code. But Stern did give you Jurassic Park and that is a cool, tough playing, pin.

#8070 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:No I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying if you think a game sucks do not buy it. You can play games at barcades and see them on TV etc to know if you like them or not before you buy.
Everyone hopes more code comes down the line obviously but theres no guarantee of that as we have seen on Munsters and other games. I played munsters before I bought it and I enjoyed it and I loved the theme also so to me it was a must buy. I still love Munsters and it's always going to be a keeper for me even if the code never gets another update.
Most games are pretty good at launch and they need a little bit of polish afterwards which they usually get but if I played a game and thought to myself that the code was severely lacking I would wait until it got some updates before buying.

It's not always an option to play a game before you buy and sometimes you take that chance. I like Borg designs, I liked the art and I like the Munsters.

In the end none of it really matters, everyone has an opinion and people aren't going to agree. It would be pretty boring world if everyone agreed on everything. There are some polarizing games out there and Munsters happens to be one of them.

#8071 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I disagree. I'm not the greatest player, but I am getting better. Before Munsters, at my favorite arcade, I got to play Iron Maiden---for about 30 seconds. Dialed In was not much better. Ghostbusters and Metallica and SC-DC were 30 second pins for me, too. I get a pin that does that to me and is a long time before I am going to feed it again.
But Munsters, I was in love at first ball. It gave me some flipper friendly shots and is was/is fast. Those are my two requirements. I did not have to have a rulebook as big as the Gutenberg Bible to learn how to play it.
A year and a half later, my skills are improving. I am learning AC-DC. Had a great game on an Aerosmith. I have learned to like Ghostbusters.
I am really sorry for all the wizards out there who do not feel challenged by Munsters and desire more code. But Stern did give you Jurassic Park and that is a cool, tough playing, pin.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Whats tape for...?

#8072 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I am really sorry for all the wizards out there who do not feel challenged by Munsters and desire more code. But Stern did give you Jurassic Park and that is a cool, tough playing, pin.

Just my opinion. I put all my reasons in this post a while back. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/148#post-5515904

I'm only stating what I see here at the house and at the one local spot that has a Munsters both with pro machines. Le/prem may be a completely different experience but I'm certainly not upgrading. Pretty sure most of the leagues and locations around here wouldn't consider it being included.

Kinda back to topic I'm glad I have no desire for a TMNT pin. Theme means nothing to me and not going with another Dwight game nib ever. I'll wait if it gets great.

#8073 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Whats tape for...?

It was something I was going to talk about and had 2nd thoughts as it might seem too petty. I forgot to take the pictures down before I replied to the other guy.
==================

Here is what I was going to say.

When I had my play field flipped up today, I noticed an engineering oversight.

Up on the back box are two black rubber strips that the apron rests against when you flip the play field back. I have highlighted these rub strips with masking tape so you can see what is being talked about.

Simple enough, right? Well, there is a problem. It is minor and I will probably not worry about it, but it is there and I call it an engineering oversight.

IMG_3446 (resized).JPGIMG_3446 (resized).JPG

Next up is the left hand side of the apron. I have marked the area on the apron that rests on the back box rub strip. As noted, this is the left hand side.

IMG_3448 (resized).JPGIMG_3448 (resized).JPG

Here comes the right hand side. Do you see the problem?
The contact point is the shooter rod cover. But since the cover is recessed, when the play field is flipped back, the apron does not contact the rub strip and makes contact with the wood of the back box, which the rub strip is supposed to prevent.

To correct it, the right hand rub strip needs to be repositioned inboard about 3 inches. But then when the play field in in playing position, the two rub strips would not be symmetrical.

The easy solution for Stern would be to make the rub strips 6 inches long, but that costs for the extra material. I'm guessing all of Stern's current line of pins all have this small oversight built in.

It is not a biggie, but if Stern was building airplanes I would not fly in them

IMG_3449 (resized).JPGIMG_3449 (resized).JPG

#8074 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I
When I had my play field flipped up today, I noticed an engineering oversight.
Up on the back box are two black rubber strips that the apron rests against when you flip the play field back. I have highlighted these rub strips with masking tape so you can see what is being talked about.

Those two rubber strips are for when the head is down and being transported so the side rails don't get beat up.

#8075 3 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Those two rubber strips are for when the head is down and being transported so the side rails don't get beat up.

Yes agree. However the still need to move both inward 1”.

#8076 3 years ago

Installed the side blades! Love it

8D79DC67-8D44-4F34-86A3-3E35F599BDED (resized).jpeg8D79DC67-8D44-4F34-86A3-3E35F599BDED (resized).jpegA402A9B8-7E66-4FB9-A306-97DC2165B465 (resized).jpegA402A9B8-7E66-4FB9-A306-97DC2165B465 (resized).jpegEBB4138D-7522-464C-A6AF-476887386CC9 (resized).jpegEBB4138D-7522-464C-A6AF-476887386CC9 (resized).jpeg
#8077 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Installed the side blades! Love it[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They look nice. But may I ask why didn't you get the set from Stern?

#8078 3 years ago

29 new messages in the night !!!
i was sure to read about a new code was just dropped... but no

#8079 3 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

I forget about that since I had to bring mine home with the back box removed. And I also use something similar on the pins I am restoring. I had the play field up and noticed this and was not thinking about the transport part.

#8080 3 years ago

I would like to offer a Thank You to pinsider mbwalker. Right after I made the comment that I could make one of these pieces to hold the Herman ball guide wire from jamming into the optos, mbwalker sent me a PM, asked for my address and sent one he had printed with his 3D printer. It was an easy install.

Thanks man, You should hang out your shingle and sell these. Who-Dey says he needs one.

Quoted from mbwalker:

I just rotated it in the slicer (Cura). Downside is now the layers are parallel to the screw that held down the original post. Just a WAG, but I think this is a better option.

88c7998f5b0da2140b050747b4e091ccbd74aaf7.png (resized).jpg88c7998f5b0da2140b050747b4e091ccbd74aaf7.png (resized).jpg

Quoted from mbwalker:

I traded some e-mails with Calab and printed his 3D support for the rail. I stuck a #6 washer under it to raise it up a bit in order to help prevent any PF wear since after a while, we're suspecting there might be some wiggle. Very sturdy tho. 100% infill and I rotated it 90 degrees when printing in order to make the layers perpendicular to the rail This keeps the printed layer 'seams' from being parallel with the rail.
My old opto was broken and had the wires sliced. On the new one, I zip tied them up a bit to keep them away from anything sharp.
In the end, Stern does need to address these issues properly. But for now Calab came up with an excellent workaround.
Thanks Calab![quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from cottonm4:

I could make something like that out of a piece of wood.

Quoted from cabal:

if you want a wood option, you could do it like this.
a simple 20mmx20mmx27,4mm block with something sawed out for the wire and a hole in it.
If you use natural wood, you would have to look after the wood grain, here it is more or less the same as with the printing layers in 3D printing.[quoted image]

Quoted from cottonm4:

Thank you. I have a piece of scrap oak that should work nicely.

#8081 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

After Dwight gets done with TMNT, rumor is, he’ll go back to Munsters to make it like it should be with additional show material.

Well happy to see him on TMNT, Thats a game I'm no longer interested in!

No more Dwight games for me! This is the last one. Took way way too long for Ghost Busters, and this is going down the same path.
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!!!
Llyman and Rick Naegele for me from now on.

#8082 3 years ago

The topper has arrived. Early. Now I have to leave the house for awhile. It is going to sit for a few hours.

IMG_3450 (resized).JPGIMG_3450 (resized).JPG

#8083 3 years ago

i was thinking of putting some spiderwebs in the between the legs and front cabinet.
tried a black one, but it gets lost with black carpet. Maybe i will try neon green

P1110873 (resized).jpgP1110873 (resized).jpg
#8084 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

i was thinking of putting some spiderwebs in the between the legs and front cabinet.
tried a black one, but it gets lost with black carpet. Maybe i will try neon green [quoted image]

I think a silver or gray spiderweb would look cool.

#8085 3 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Truly a case of, "to each their own". My wife, who prior to our Munsters purchase, was not that into pinball. She played Munsters and almost instantly fell in love, and I've watched her go from absolute newb to "holy shit you cracked 100m with ease" on this table. In fact, Munsters is now the reason our collection is growing because she's taken more interest. I'm also a fan, but I understand why people may not enjoy it in it's current state.

#8086 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The topper has arrived. Early. Now I have to leave the house for awhile. It is going to sit for a few hours.
[quoted image]

Anyone know where I can buy a topper today ?

I can’t find one

#8087 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

. Who-Dey says he needs one.

Thanks Cotton, he actually was kind enough to send me one. I also had another great pinsider PM me and offer me one today as well. There are some really nice people here in this Munster thread! It actually restores my faith in people.

#8088 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

[quoted image]

Get that thing on tonight and let us know how you like it! Good it is in good working condition for you. It's a must have addition for this game.

#8089 3 years ago

Got mine today

DSCF0002 (resized).JPGDSCF0002 (resized).JPG
#8090 3 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Got mine today [quoted image]

Congrats Guss! You gonna put it on tonight?

#8091 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

tried a black one, but it gets lost with black carpet. Maybe i will try neon green [quoted image]

Those are cool. I would love those in gray on my machine.

#8092 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Congrats Guss! You gonna put it on tonight?

not tonight, this weekend. I will take a pic when I do.

#8093 3 years ago
Quoted from guss:

not tonight, this weekend. I will take a pic when I do.

You will really like it. It installs in just minutes, super easy install.

#8094 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

[quoted image]

Unboxing the rig. Packing was good.

A quick look over and all looks good.

IMG_3451 (resized).JPGIMG_3451 (resized).JPG

IMG_3452 (resized).JPGIMG_3452 (resized).JPG

IMG_3453 (resized).JPGIMG_3453 (resized).JPG

IMG_3454 (resized).JPGIMG_3454 (resized).JPG

Trouble in Paradise
------------------------------

It is minor. In the production rush, the inspectors missed this.

The small rod that actuates the door was riding against the door frame. A little work with the Dremel tool fixed that.

IMG_3462 (resized).JPGIMG_3462 (resized).JPG

IMG_3456 (resized).JPGIMG_3456 (resized).JPG

I will probably not be able to install it until tomorrow to check for functional abilities. Sometime in the future you may decide to sell your topper. Or you may sell your pin. Or you may have to move to a new location.

This unit is $400.00 worth of breakable plastic. No better shipping box than the original.

Note to all: Save your shipping box if you have the room.

This unit is $400.00 worth of breakable plastic. No better shipping box than the original.

#8095 3 years ago

Trying it out. I was able to hook the topper up tonight.

Impressions:

1) Of the two cables that drop down from the top, the one with two wires tie wrapped together, I would like to see about 4 more inches of wire so I can run in the cable holders on the back of the back box. but it is too short to reach that far.

IMG_3466 (resized).JPGIMG_3466 (resized).JPG

2) Looks like there might be a light behind Lily that is not working. Can anybody confirm if she should be lit like there other 3?

IMG_3470 (resized).JPGIMG_3470 (resized).JPG

Operation

A) I guess it is working OK. But I can't say I see a lot of action. The raven comes out occasionally and says something like "Nevermore" and a couple of other things. I did mange to get a Munster Madness going and Raven popped out a little bit for that, but it seems to me that he is mostly missing in action. But mostly, I'm busy playing and don't get many chances to look up.

B) The clock moved from 12:00 o'clock to 11:00 o'clock but I did not see it move. But on a later game I just happened to look up and see the clock make a full revolution from 11 to 11.

It is an OK topper and looks nice, and as far as I can tell, it seems to be working properly, except for Lily not being lit up.

But honestly, I was expecting more action from the raven.

#8096 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Impressions:
1) Of the two cables that drop down from the top, the one with two wires tie wrapped together, I would like to see about 4 more inches of wire so I can run in the cable holders on the back of the back box. but it is too short to reach that far.
[quoted image]
2) Looks like there might be a light behind Lily that is not working. Can anybody confirm if she should be lit like there other 3?
[quoted image]
Operation
A) I guess it is working OK. But I can't say I see a lot of action. The raven comes out occasionally and says something like "Nevermore" and a couple of other things. I did mange to get a Munster Madness going and Raven popped out a little bit for that, but it seems to me that he is mostly missing in action. But mostly, I'm busy playing and don't get many chances to look up.
B) The clock moved from 12:00 o'clock to 11:00 o'clock but I did not see it move. But on a later game I just happened to look up and see the clock make a full revolution from 11 to 11.
It is an OK topper and looks nice, and as far as I can tell, it seems to be working properly, except for Lily not being lit up.

Lily should be lit.

Also, the raven often goes batshit crazy when you get a Raven multiball or grandpa multiball. Coming out for each second of the countdown.

#8097 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Impressions:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Operation

Great you have the topper on, looks fantastic! Lily light should be on. If it is like ours, the wire was broken off the LED and it is quite a mission to get in there to fix it.

When you play a character, only that light for the character is on and flashing. When in attract mode, the right flipper should activate the clock and sometimes raven (I think).

Have fun!

#8098 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Lily should be lit.
Also, the raven often goes batshit crazy when you get a Raven multiball or grandpa multiball. Coming out for each second of the countdown.

Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Great you have the topper on, looks fantastic! Lily light should be on. If it is like ours, the wire was broken off the LED and it is quite a mission to get in there to fix it.
When you play a character, only that light for the character is on and flashing. When in attract mode, the right flipper should activate the clock and sometimes raven (I think).
Have fun!

Thank you both.

I guess you are saying the I have to take it all apart if my LED problem is the same as yours.

#8099 3 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Got mine today [quoted image]

this chair will be a very nice topper for Munsters !

#8100 3 years ago

Good lord a full Cliffy install is not for the faint of heart. Between that and my Stern warranty fixes that arrived today I think I have taken the whole playfield apart and put it back together again. Now to find the one little screw that ran away on me...

And hopefully my topper arrives tomorrow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/162?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.