pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 237.
#7952 3 years ago

Thank you!!

#7953 3 years ago

My Spot hits are not registering.
The long Herman plastic broke away several hundred games ago.
I think a ball possibly touched the solder marks on the optic board and caused a failure somewhere. It was working intermediately and now not at all. I chased wires and everything looks good. Any idea on what parts I need to order or is there something I can do to fix it?

#7954 3 years ago

Contact stern about this. I bet they will help

#7955 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

My experience on lower playfield glass is: once I changed flipper rubber to Titan silicone (and all the other rubber in the lower PF to Titans), no more dust clouding the lower PF glass at all. Stayed clean from that point onward. All the dust was coming from the flipper rubber. I also vacuumed the whole lower PF to ensure no dust remained. Problem solved.

Mail Call Titan Pinball lower rubbers

36FC87D2-4870-4F13-8881-532B1FAF95B1 (resized).jpeg36FC87D2-4870-4F13-8881-532B1FAF95B1 (resized).jpeg
#7956 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Purple looks great!

Looks awesome, and they made lower flipper rubber too!!!

Still have had to clean my window since doing it though....lots of other dust making stuff under the pf...

The Titans do seem to let you control those little balls down there better ( if there is such a thing as "control" down there). Best toy in modern pinball!!!

#7957 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Mail Call Titan Pinball lower rubbers[quoted image]

oh my!!!

Any chance of getting a listing of what silicone bands to order to outfit the complete lower playfield?

I’m sick of dusting the plexi

#7958 3 years ago

So pissed! Dropped a nut from the bottom left of the lower playfield while I was screwing it back on. I cannot find it anywhere! I've been searching the machine for hours. Any ideas??

I thought it fell down spot but no luck. It should have come out on the playfield if it fell down spot.

#7959 3 years ago

Look on the woofer speaker magnet. I find more hardware stuck to that every time.

#7960 3 years ago

Just a quick thank you to CrazyPinballGuy for snapping a photo for me - much appreciated.

Thanks for helping!

#7961 3 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Look on the woofer speaker magnet. I find more hardware stuck to that every time.

Omg! I cannot tell you how many times I checked the woofer speaker, but after taking a couple of hour break and going back to it with fresh eyes and your advice, there it was right under the front lip. Thank you!!!

#7962 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

oh my!!!
Any chance of getting a listing of what silicone bands to order to outfit the complete lower playfield?
I’m sick of dusting the plexi

6- 7/16OD
2- tiny flippers (not mini but tiny)

I have a multicolor kit on titan website for the whole machine that looks really good with my LE and probably color premium too. IMHO.

#7963 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Looks awesome, and they made lower flipper rubber too!!!
Still have had to clean my window since doing it though....lots of other dust making stuff under the pf...
The Titans do seem to let you control those little balls down there better ( if there is such a thing as "control" down there). Best toy in modern pinball!!!

The Titans shed less than rubber. We still have to clean the clear plastic too. We have Purple Titans on the entire machine except for the posts. Not a good time for us to order. Post to Australia at the moment is really slow so hopefully things will get back to normal soon so we can order some more!

#7964 3 years ago

FYI for the guys that have been holding out for a topper. Classic game rooms on eBay finally has them back in stock and I found them to be the cheapest. $425 + 13.99 shipping. I got one and must say it’s a pretty sweet addition.

#7965 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

The Titans shed less than rubber. We still have to clean the clear plastic too. We have Purple Titans on the entire machine except for the posts. Not a good time for us to order. Post to Australia at the moment is really slow so hopefully things will get back to normal soon so we can order some more!

Yep...Titans look and play great, along with much less shedding. I did purple everywhere, upper and lower, except rings on top which I went w glow in the dark. Fits the game well. Dust on window comes from the normal things ( coil/mech bushing, wear, etc.) But the Titans help alot..

Stay safe down there !!!

#7966 3 years ago
Quoted from DustinP:

FYI for the guys that have been holding out for a topper. Classic game rooms on eBay finally has them back in stock and I found them to be the cheapest. $425 + 13.99 shipping. I got one and must say it’s a pretty sweet addition.

It shows that more than 10 are available to sell.

How is your working? Are you getting flawless performance? Any problems or issues?

Thanks

#7967 3 years ago
Quoted from DustinP:

My Spot hits are not registering.
The long Herman plastic broke away several hundred games ago.
I think a ball possibly touched the solder marks on the optic board and caused a failure somewhere. It was working intermediately and now not at all. I chased wires and everything looks good. Any idea on what parts I need to order or is there something I can do to fix it?

hi as C0untDeM0net said you should contact stern. There is a fix for the broken plastic of Herman, this is the plastic and some metal thing that goes under it, that will prevent any future damage to the plastic.

If you do a switch test, is the the opto registering, when you move your hand between the lightbridge?
The optical switch on the side were the Herman Plastic broke should have a little red led glowing if it is working, at least mine does.

#515-0215-01 this should replace the existing #520-6940-01

on mine the cables were cut off when the opto got in contact with the wire rail, i soldered them back on.
i registered that somethig is wrong, when i had spot and it waited for a ball i could register is with shooting at herman. And sometimes the upper playfield just went dark.

but you should get the parts from stern, i guess, as this is and direct failure to the herman part they have a fix for.

#7968 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

hi as C0untDeM0net said you should contact stern. There is a fix for the broken plastic of Herman, this is the plastic and some metal thing that goes under it, that will prevent any future damage to the plastic.
If you do a switch test, is the the opto registering, when you move your hand between the lightbridge?
The optical switch on the side were the Herman Plastic broke should have a little red led glowing if it is working, at least mine does.
#515-0215-01 this should replace the existing #520-6940-01
on mine the cables were cut off when the opto got in contact with the wire rail, i soldered them back on.
i registered that somethig is wrong, when i had spot and it waited for a ball i could register is with shooting at herman. And sometimes the upper playfield just went dark.
but you should get the parts from stern, i guess, as this is and direct failure to the herman part they have a fix for.

I sent an eMail yesterday however I’m not sure if Stern is even working during the pandemic. Thanks for the part# looks like it’s only $10 online I’m just not sure if I need both sides or hopefully not the board? During switch test nothing happens. Visually the opto looks fine there is a tiny red led illuminated so it’s definitely getting power. The left opto on the staircase I can’t see a red LED on but I think it’s hidden by the plastic-if the left side even has it?
I bought this game pre-owned with very few plays on it so I don’t know how much Stern will work with me.

#7969 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It shows that more than 10 are available to sell.
How is your working? Are you getting flawless performance? Any problems or issues?
Thanks

The batch he has is fresh from Stern not old stock so they should have all the revisions. No issues with mine.

#7970 3 years ago
Quoted from DustinP:

I sent an eMail yesterday however I’m not sure if Stern is even working during the pandemic. Thanks for the part# looks like it’s only $10 online I’m just not sure if I need both sides or hopefully not the board? During switch test nothing happens. Visually the opto looks fine there is a tiny red led illuminated so it’s definitely getting power. The left opto on the staircase I can’t see a red LED on but I think it’s hidden by the plastic-if the left side even has it?
I bought this game pre-owned with very few plays on it so I don’t know how much Stern will work with me.

I bought my LE used with 55 plays on. That was last summer. I already had Chas's email from and earlier discussion. I emailed Chas and advised him that I bought an LE, along with the LE #380, and advised him who the original purchaser was and the distributor who originally sold the pin. . Stern has honored me like I was the original purchaser. I don't know how liberal Stern will be now, or in the future. But it does not hurt to kindly ask for a kiss.

#7971 3 years ago
Quoted from DustinP:

The batch he has is fresh from Stern not old stock so they should have all the revisions. No issues with mine.

Just ordered one. Thanks for the heads up.

#7972 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yep...Titans look and play great, along with much less shedding. I did purple everywhere, upper and lower, except rings on top which I went w glow in the dark. Fits the game well. Dust on window comes from the normal things ( coil/mech bushing, wear, etc.) But the Titans help alot..
Stay safe down there !!!

We are all safe and I hope you and all your family and friends are safe too!!

Pinball is a very nice distraction or all of us.

#7973 3 years ago
Quoted from DustinP:

Dustin - Back up to post 7602, a few of us were discussing this very issue. Also look for my picture of using a zip tie to move the wires in a safer location to avoid the same issue happening again. And check to see if the rail is straight.

#7974 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Dustin - Back up to post 7602, a few of us were discussing this very issue. Also look for my picture of using a zip tie to move the wires in a safer location to avoid the same issue happening again. And check to see if the rail is straight.

Oddly enough my rail is straight.

#7975 3 years ago
Quoted from DustinP:

Wonder why they haven't shipped pending orders from their site then.... Mine is still showing pending fulfillment.

#7976 3 years ago
Quoted from finplanner69:

Wonder why they haven't shipped pending orders from their site then.... Mine is still showing pending fulfillment.

Maybe because they already have your money?

#7977 3 years ago

The Gameroom guys shows delivery within 13 to 16 days. Dont think they have any stock but free shipping!!

#7978 3 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Just ordered one. Thanks for the heads up.

Ebay shows they sold 3. I will call my distributor of choice and give him first shot at it tomorrow. If he cannot provide, then I will get from Ebay.

It is hard to justify $450.00 for some plastic and some lights---and a talking bird. But I have a feeling if I don't jump now I will be sorry later.

#7979 3 years ago
Quoted from djh00000:

The Gameroom guys shows delivery within 13 to 16 days. Dont think they have any stock but free shipping!!

I'm surprised theydon't want $700.00 for it, considering the double high prices that they seem to have on everything else. I could not afford my pins if I had to pay their prices.

$12.00 for this little screw? They are around a dollar at PBR.

https://www.gameroomguys.com/Pinball-Machine-Post-Fastener-for-Wood-Playfields

#7980 3 years ago

My Munsters Topper is finally in the UK... in customs right now

Ordered from CT on November 3rd.. 6months ago!

#7981 3 years ago
Quoted from DustinP:

I usually don't expect emails back from them Friday - Monday morning even on non strange happenings in the world days. I've been in contact with a few people at Stern thru this tho and even got a new part for my munsters machine. You should hear something in a day or two. Can't say if this whole global situation is changing things yet but my experience is they have been helping out.

#7982 3 years ago
Quoted from DustinP:

as i understand there is a sender and a receiver.
The sender is on the left side of the ramp, that is emmiting IR light. The Right one is the recevier this one has a little red light on it indicating that it is working.
You could check with digital Camera if the sender is emmiting light. Most digitial cameras don't have filters for ir light and you can film or photograph light from IR TV-Remotes and this sender.
I did a photo of the Herman sender, this should tell you if your sender is working or not.
If it is working, maybe it is some allignment errors. The light from the sender is not going into the receiver.

On my system the little red light will go out when something is blocking light to the receiver.

P1110866 (resized).jpgP1110866 (resized).jpg
#7983 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm surprised that don't want $700.00 for it, considering the double high prices that they seem to have on everything else. I could not afford my pins if I had to pay their prices.
$12.00 for this little screw? They are around a dollar at PBR.
https://www.gameroomguys.com/Pinball-Machine-Post-Fastener-for-Wood-Playfields

I bought my AFMR #21 LE from them a few years ago. It was my first ever pin. They were very patient with me and even asked that I call them when it arrives to review the condition with them.

They walked me through first time ownership things to know and helped me work through some minor issues (my main saucer had cosmetic damage and my j popper had to be aligned.) They also provide lifetime phone support for games you buy from them.

I haven’t needed it recently. But when I was just starting out they were a very handy resource.

Parts wise I always buy parts elsewhere, but I would buy another pin or a topper from them no question.

I only bought my Munsters from another vendor because I wanted every upgrade possible for it out of box and they didn’t have one like that.

Great guys.

#7984 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

The sender is on the left side of the ramp, that is emmiting IR light. The Right one is the recevier this one has a little red light on it indicating that it is working.
You could check with digital Camera if the sender is emmiting light. Most digitial cameras don't have filters for ir light and you can film or photograph light from IR TV-Remotes and this sender.
I did a photo of the Herman sender, this should tell you if your sender is working or not.
If it is working, maybe it is some allignment errors. The light from the sender is not going into the receiver.
On my system the little red light will go out when something is blocking light to the receiver.[quoted image]

Just thinking over what I have written before.
If the red light is burning and on my machine blocking the lightbridge the light goes out.
From this I would say your sender is ok.
If blocking the light bridge will shut down the little red light, this would indicate the opto in itself is ok, but the signal is not registered. If the red light is burning the opto has power. So at least 2 of the 3 cables are ok. So either the 3. cable not good or the nodebord. Are you good with electronics? Had you a look at both sides of the receiver?

#7985 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Just thinking over what I have written before.
If the red light is burning and on my machine blocking the lightbridge the light goes out.
From this I would say your sender is ok.
If blocking the light bridge will shut down the little red light, this would indicate the opto in itself is ok, but the signal is not registered. If the red light is burning the opto has power. So at least 2 of the 3 cables are ok. So either the 3. cable not good or the nodebord. Are you good with electronics? Had you a look at both sides of the receiver?

The red light on the board is on and when I block the signal it dims a little.
Unfortunately no I’m not good with electronics-both sides of receiver look good.

#7986 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

On my system the little red light will go out when something is blocking light to the receiver.[quoted image]

That’s a cool trick. I have an iPhone 8 but it didn’t work.

#7987 3 years ago
Quoted from DustinP:

Still shows out of stock at Stern.....?

#7988 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Still shows out of stock at Stern.....?

They may of came and gone? Distributors may of even sold out of their shipments. I would message Classic Game Rooms on eBay to confirm it is still in stock and not a prebook (I found out they don’t specify). He is pretty quick on getting back with answers. I waited months and was getting frustrated he said Stern pushes them to keep taking orders.

#7989 3 years ago
Quoted from DustinP:

They may of came and gone? Distributors may of even sold out of their shipments. I would message Classic Game Rooms on eBay to confirm it is still in stock and not a prebook. He is pretty quick on getting back with answers. I waited months and was getting frustrated he said Stern pushes them to keep taking orders.

I just hit the buy in now button. The auction had shown more than 10 available with 3 sold. Now it shows 4 sold.

And I was messaged it was in stock and should arrive by May 4,2020.

#7990 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I just hit the buy in now button. The auction had shown more than 10 available with 3 sold. Now it shows 4 sold.

Awesome!!!

#7991 3 years ago

iphones and never mobiles have IR-Filters the good old photo camera should work.

#7992 3 years ago
Quoted from DustinP:

The red light on the board is on and when I block the signal it dims a little.
Unfortunately no I’m not good with electronics-both sides of receiver look good.

Then i am sorry, it would get too technical, next steps would be to check connection via a multimeter and check voltage.
But if you are unsure about this this i would wait for Stern Support. But maybe the things you checked will help them to verify the Problem.

#7993 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I just emailed them directly and they do not have in stock. She says it says that in the ebay listing that it is special order and they don't have them. They are still waiting on an update from Stern as to when they will get them.

#7994 3 years ago
Quoted from finplanner69:

I just emailed them directly and they do not have in stock. She says it says that in the ebay listing that it is special order and they don't have them. They are still waiting on an update from Stern as to when they will get them.

I emailed them and got back a reply that they are in stock and ready to go. I don't know who you emailed.

Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 2.30.54 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-04-27 at 2.30.54 PM (resized).png

#7995 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

So you are telling me that this Ebay auction is not correct? That "more than 10 available/ 4 sold", is not valid?
[quoted image]
It says "in stock".
But you are saying they do not have stock? Are they lying about it?
[quoted image]

Let me guess. Its hemisphere pinball. Bought a jp shooter rod. Said the same thing. I had to wait 2 months for it.

#7996 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Let me guess. Its hemisphere pinball. Bought a jp shooter rod. Said the same thing. I had to wait 2 months for it.

EDIT: Duplicate post.

#7997 3 years ago

Just to be clear...we have 3 Munsters toppers left in stock as of now......

#7998 3 years ago

looks decent , just crazy prices

#7999 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

I will wait for the new run from Stern...

#8000 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I emailed them and got back a reply that they are in stock and ready to go. I don't know who you emailed.
[quoted image]

cottonm4 Grindle3 I'm So sorry. Someone said game room guys a few posts up and I got my wires crossed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/160?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.