pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 237.
#7901 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I’ve got Batman 66 sitting right next to Munsters and to me they are a pair. Contemporary shows of the same era. Both well written comedy and skillful actors timing to pull it all off.
Batman’s code excels in every way. Give Munsters similar software treatment and it may overtake Batman, because of everything else going for Munsters, although Batman is a top tier game. When Munsters gets the deserved show material treatment, they’ll be tied imo.

I also have both side by side. Like them both. BM66 seems to get more play......

#7902 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Are you for real? BM66 blows munsters code in every way.
Even an old Bally-Williams AFM has better code.
I'm just hope that the inside rumors are correct, and that we will see a massive update.

You missed my point. Obviously both BM66 and EHOH have far more invested in code than Munsters. I am lucky enough to own all three right now. I also own some other hi end code games such as Pirates, Hobbit, LOTR, etc. My point was that Munsters is getting far more play right now because it is more fun. So yes I am for real, as this is my opinion, on the fun aspects of a game. All of us are entitled to that type of opinion. I too also would like to see more code as stated as well.

#7903 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

My point was that Munsters is getting far more play right now because it is more fun.

Well it wouldn't be from advanced players tbh, as the code as it stands is boring.
let's be honest! Reason why it's still for sale everywhere.

This is my opinion too. Munsters sitting here collecting dust atm.
Everyone Playing JPLE here...

But each to their own.

#7904 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Well it wouldn't be from advanced players tbh, as the code as it stands is boring.
let's be honest! Reason why it's still for sale everywhere.
This is my opinion too. Munsters sitting here collecting dust atm.
Everyone Playing JPLE here...
But each to their own.

Your probably right on advanced players and we do need to see more code and theme integration.

With that said I would be 70% or more people are no where near advanced. Heck in my league 90% are not advanced. So they will never see the 3 levels of Munster Madness for example.

In addition, it is a very approachable machine, which makes the average player come back. More theme and code advancements will suck in the remaining advanced players.

Time will tell...

#7905 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Your probably right on advanced players and we do need to see more code and theme integration.
With that said I would be 70% or more people are no where near advanced. Heck in my league 90% are not advanced. So they will never see the 3 levels of Munster Madness for example.
In addition, it is a very approachable machine, which makes the average player come back. More theme and code advancements will suck in the remaining advanced players.
Time will tell...

Well we hope so, It is one of the best looking machines around!

#7906 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

just spray the cleaner on there and wipe it off with a micro fiber rag.

This needs some clarification, I think. The LE models have the anti-glare glass. I was under the impression that you use no cleaners, other than water, on an anti-glass glass.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

#7907 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This needs some clarification, I think. The LE models have the anti-glare glass. I was under the impression that you use no cleaners, other than water, on an anti-glass glass.

Negative...just no ammonia...

#7908 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

First off, your question about the LE playfield glass is no ammonia only. Spray on rag, wipe down glass.

Terry was talking about cleaning the lower playfield window. That’s plastic I believe.

#7909 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

First of all I never suggested Plexus but I KNOW that it is a safe cleaner. It's the best plastic cleaner in the world. I personally use Novus 1 but I would definitely not be afraid of Plexus. I have used it on my motorcycle windshields, helmet face shields and lexan glass in racecars for many many years so I know it's a safe and great product.

The product in question was brought up by MK and I just chimed in and answered the guys question about using it.

#7910 4 years ago

My experience on lower playfield glass is: once I changed flipper rubber to Titan silicone (and all the other rubber in the lower PF to Titans), no more dust clouding the lower PF glass at all. Stayed clean from that point onward. All the dust was coming from the flipper rubber. I also vacuumed the whole lower PF to ensure no dust remained. Problem solved.

#7911 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

My experience on lower playfield glass is: once I changed flipper rubber to Titan silicone (and all the other rubber in the lower PF to Titans), no more dust clouding the lower PF glass at all. Stayed clean from that point onward. All the dust was coming from the flipper rubber. I also vacuumed the whole lower PF to ensure no dust remained. Problem solved.

I was just going to ask if switching to titan would solve the dust problem! Great minds. I think I'll just replace everything in the machine with new titans since I think it is all the original rubbers. Now to decide on colors.....

#7912 4 years ago
Quoted from finplanner69:

I was just going to ask if switching to titan would solve the dust problem! Great minds. I think I'll just replace everything in the machine with new titans since I think it is all the original rubbers. Now to decide on colors.....

Purple looks great!

#7913 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The dust haze happens on the inside of the window. You can open any of you're games, and you'll notice it if you raise the pf...lots of mechs down there working away. As they wear, the dust follows ( like rubbers on top side).
I clean both sides of the window w a new microfiber cloth to avoid scratching. Just spray it on and wipe it off like cleaning glass.
Though the mini playfield is super easy to take out ( 4 screws and a couple wiring connections) I take the plastic off from the top to clean. Alot easier than doing it while still attached to the playfield.
Alignment really not as bad as some state, just make sure you're using a quality torx T10 driver, not an offbrand which may not fit exactly. Window drops in place, don't go crazy on tightening, and use a straightedge to make sure it's flush w playfield ( I just use my finger to feel for a ridge).
Happy cleaning!!!

My concern with removing and reinstalling the window over and over is that you will bore out the wood a bit each time you tighten the screws back in. Ultimately leading to stripped screw holes in the playfield.

Removing from the underside of the playfield you are dealing with nuts on bolts (metal to metal). Much more durable over the long haul in my humble opinion.

#7914 4 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

My concern with removing and reinstalling the window over and over is that you will bore out the wood a bit each time you tighten the screws back in. Ultimately leading to stripped screw holes in the playfield.
Removing from the underside of the playfield you are dealing with nuts on bolts (metal to metal). Much more durable over the long haul in my humble opinion.

Window screws are machine thread into an inserted nut, not a wood screw...

#7915 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Window screws are machine thread into an inserted nut, not a wood screw...

Oops my bad. Was too lazy to go down and look

Fair enough...nice to have options!

#7916 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Alignment really not as bad as some state, just make sure you're using a quality torx T10 driver, not an offbrand which may not fit exactly. Window drops in place, don't go crazy on tightening, and use a straightedge to make sure it's flush w playfield ( I just use my finger to feel for a ridge).
Happy cleaning!!!

Which version do you have? I have a Munsters B&W Premium, and the LPF window has phillips screws on mine, seemed pretty easy to level and ensure it was set. Now I'm curious as to why that's different!

#7917 4 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Which version do you have? I have a Munsters B&W Premium, and the LPF window has phillips screws on mine, seemed pretty easy to level and ensure it was set. Now I'm curious as to why that's different!

My LE has Torx screws...

#7918 4 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Wild ass guess is that your B&W is an early unit. Perhaps there will be more like yours. The other WAG is that Stern ran out of the torx heads and substituted with the Phillips screws in an effort to keep the assembly line moving.

#7919 4 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Never seen Phillips on the window (?) Torx T10 on mine.

( Early LE, sorry, forgot to answer)

#7920 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Never seen Phillips on the window (?) Torx T10 on mine.

My B&W Premium has phillips on the window.

#7921 4 years ago

Regarding the LPF glass (plastic) from Chas: just clean and polish as you do the rest of the playfield.

Now, if my 70 year old handicapped father would stop getting the ball stuck in the LPF in the worst places! Had to take the playfield off today just to unstick this sucker.

20200420_173310 (resized).jpg20200420_173310 (resized).jpg
#7922 4 years ago

Regarding the LPF glass (plastic) from Chas: just clean and polish as you do the rest of the playfield.
Now, if my 70 year old handicapped father would stop getting the ball stuck in the LPF in the worst places! Had to take the playfield off today just to unstick this sucker.[quoted image]

Where is it getting stuck at?

#7923 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Where is it getting stuck at?

You can see the ball stuck right in the crotch of the right lower playfield ramp by the switch. It's too early, LOL... I couldn't think of a better term than "crotch".

#7924 4 years ago

Now, if my 70 year old handicapped father would stop getting the ball stuck in the LPF in the worst places! Had to take the playfield off today just to unstick this sucker.[quoted image]

Here my solution for avoid stucking balls in this place. And no airball can hit the opto behind too.
20200421_152905 (resized).jpg20200421_152905 (resized).jpg

#7925 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

You can see the ball stuck right in the crotch of the right lower playfield ramp by the switch. It's too early, LOL... I couldn't think of a better term than "crotch".

Ok i see it now. I have never had a ball get stuck there before. Thats odd.

#7926 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Crotch is a valid term.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/crotch

Noun
crotch (plural crotches)

The area where something forks or branches, a ramification takes place.
There is a child sitting in a crotch of that tree.
The ventral area (very bottom) of the human body between where the legs fork from the torso, in the area of the genitals and anus.
Every mile they rode their crotches felt worse saddlepain.
(slang, euphemistic) Either the male or female genitalia.
He cringed at being kicked in the crotch.
(billiards) In the three-ball carom game, a small space at each corner of the table.

(typography) The open counter (negative space) formed by two downward strokes that meet at an internal acute angle, potentially above a vertex, as in the letters "V" and "Y".

#7927 4 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

Here my solution for avoid stucking balls in this place. And no airball can hit the opto behind too.
[quoted image]

So I'm a noob...so I'm guessing here...longer screw/post and a rubber sleeve??? Would you be so kind as to tell me the exact parts I need to get to do this fix because it got stuck there again today.

#7928 4 years ago

So I'm a noob...so I'm guessing here...longer screw/post and a rubber sleeve??? Would you be so kind as to tell me the exact parts I need to get to do this fix because it got stuck there again today.

Have had it stuck there also (in a comp) You would think the game code would compensate for a lost ball... but no. Turned off lower playfield for the rest of the comp.

#7929 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

My premium has a vertical post there to prevent that.

15875079141286712162850209298164 (resized).jpg15875079141286712162850209298164 (resized).jpg
#7930 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

You would think the game code would compensate for a lost ball..

I agree, its such a no brainer. How the hell do they overlook something like that?

#7931 4 years ago

Yes. Longer screw, a post and rubber. Extremely easy fix.
Available in every pinball shop out there.

#7932 4 years ago

Hi

Would the pinsiders who have made a 3D printed solution for the Herman rail be willing to send the CAD? Or print one and send it to me here in UK?

Noticed my rail is starting to bend in.

Obviously willing to pay

Thanks

#7933 4 years ago

I'd be in for too . please send pm

Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hi
Would the pinsiders who have made a 3D printed solution for the Herman rail be willing to send the CAD? Or print one and send it to me here in UK?
Obviously willing to pay
Thanks

#7934 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hi
Obviously willing to pay
Thanks

The original gent uploaded it to thingiverse.com

#7936 4 years ago

I can print and paint then if anyone would like one! I say $15 shipped sounds good

Please pm me if interested

I can also paint them gray or black for the B/W

0CE2BBFE-29F7-4BBC-9E6C-9FF39004125B (resized).jpeg0CE2BBFE-29F7-4BBC-9E6C-9FF39004125B (resized).jpegA531FE24-767C-4248-AD6E-9CA99DB9B9A0 (resized).jpegA531FE24-767C-4248-AD6E-9CA99DB9B9A0 (resized).jpegA622411A-73B2-4421-A4EB-C4CBE492D88E (resized).jpegA622411A-73B2-4421-A4EB-C4CBE492D88E (resized).jpeg
#7937 4 years ago

pm sent

#7938 4 years ago
Quoted from BelleHall:

My premium has a vertical post there to prevent that.[quoted image]

I. just looked and my LE also has a post in the crotch of that plastic.

#7939 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

I can print and paint then if anyone would like one! I say $15 shipped sounds good
Please pm me if interested
I can also paint them gray or black for the B/W[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Tony made one for me. It looks great

#7940 4 years ago

It all happened on Ball 3. My last best high score was 199 million.

Code or no code. This pin still kicks !

IMG_3426 (resized).JPGIMG_3426 (resized).JPG

#7941 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It all happened on Ball 3. My last best high score was 199 million.
Code or no code. This pin still kicks !
[quoted image]

Nice game!

#7942 4 years ago

It was wild, man. With my death grip on the apron my wrists were starting to burn

#7943 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It was wild, man. With my death grip on the apron my wrists were starting to burn

I can imagine. Thats a pretty long intense game on Munsters.

#7944 4 years ago
Quoted from BelleHall:

My premium has a vertical post there to prevent that.[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing this pic! I email Chas your pic and they are sending me the parts to fix mine. Woohoo!

#7945 4 years ago

Hey Guys (and any Gals),

Need a small favor from my fellow Munsters friends.

I have some dings in the bottom of my Pro cabinet (front - no, I didn't do it). Too busy right now to bondo and re-decal properly. But until then I'd like to at least print something, attach it to some backer material, and fit it in there so it looks a bit better. Can someone snap 2 or 3 high res pics so I have the correct artwork to fill with? Might be better w/a flash or in sunlight so the color is a closer match.

If so, reach out w/a PM.

Thanks ahead of time,
Mark

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7946 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Hey Guys (and any Gals),
I have some dings in the bottom of my Pro cabinet (front - no, I didn't do it). Too busy right now to bondo and re-decal properly. But until then I'd like to at least print something, attach it to some backer material, and fit it in there so it looks a bit better. Can someone snap 2 or 3 high res pics so I have the correct artwork to fill with? Might be better w/a flash or in sunlight so the color is a closer match.
If so, reach out w/a PM.
Thanks ahead of time,
Mark[quoted image]

Ouch! I don't have a pro or would be happy to help. Is the person that did do it still alive?

#7947 4 years ago

Ouch! I don't have a pro or would be happy to help. Is the person that did do it still alive?

Got a decent deal, so no biggie. I'll make it good as new in the end.

#7948 4 years ago

Contact stern and purchase a new decal

#7949 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Contact stern and purchase a new decal

Too busy right now, barely have time to play the pins! I usually just ping Pinball Life, and they add it to their weekly order.

#7950 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Hey Guys (and any Gals),
If so, reach out w/a PM.
Thanks ahead of time,
Mark[quoted image]

Bump (my own post)!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/159 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.