IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 237.
#7851 4 years ago

I received my 3d printed rail support and got it installed. Thank you cabal & mkk629 for being outstanding members of the pinball community. My second game after I got it installed I set the GC score which makes it even better.

#7852 4 years ago

Just listed in the market place... 3 Spark Generators made by The Mod Couple with glue dots for installation. $25 plus shipping. These are normally 2 for $23.75.

IMG_2343 (resized).jpgIMG_2343 (resized).jpgIMG_2342 (resized).jpgIMG_2342 (resized).jpg Added over 4 years ago:

Changed to $25 including shipping.

Added over 4 years ago:

Items are SOLD.

#7853 4 years ago

Day one of pinball ownership. No guts no glory. Got rid of the fog on the lower playfield and lightly cleaned everything. Now to wait for my real cleaning supplies to arrive. Really surprised at how dinged the lower playfield is as this game only had a couple hundred plays on it.

20200417_154701 (resized).jpg20200417_154701 (resized).jpg20200417_154713 (resized).jpg20200417_154713 (resized).jpg
#7854 4 years ago

what did you use to clean the lower window with ?

#7855 4 years ago
Quoted from luch:

what did you use to clean the lower window with ?

Well keep in mind I'm a noob so I probably committed a few cardinal sins. But the lower portion of the lower playfield was so hazy it was kind hard to play. So I used a 50/50 alcohol water mix that was recommended to clean the Stern HD glass on the LE and very lightly dappened an eyeglass cleaning cloth. I did some gentle small circles and by the time I was done the glass was clean and the white cloth was black. Finished product haze free.

20200417_172116 (resized).jpg20200417_172116 (resized).jpg
#7856 4 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Appreciate the info. Did you use a buffer pad, or just a microfiber cloth?

Sorry for the delay. Didn't see this. Cloth.

#7857 4 years ago
Quoted from finplanner69:

Well keep in mind I'm a noob so I probably committed a few cardinal sins. But the lower portion of the lower playfield was so hazy it was kind hard to play. So I used a 50/50 alcohol water mix that was recommended to clean the Stern HD glass on the LE and very lightly dappened an eyeglass cleaning cloth. I did some gentle small circles and by the time I was done the glass was clean and the white cloth was black. Finished product haze free.[quoted image]

ok cool thought maybe you used some polishing compound .

#7858 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

One of those "wings" has completely broke away on my protector. My thoughts are that there is no radius at the bend line. I need to go buy the Cliffy unit.

Ditto here, or at least getting that way. Time to bug Cliffy.

#7859 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

My clearcoat is starting to chip right near the scoop protector. The old one I replaced was bent right at the spot the chip started at and was digging into the clearcoat deep. I put a small piece of mylar down over the chip but I really don't think the stern protector is going to do the job. Will be buying the GB scoop protector from Cliffy to do the repair properly soon.

Is this like the chipping you are talking about? I have some on the front and the side. I'll buy the Cliffy part everyone is talking about, but what do I do about the chipped sections?

20200417_203239 (resized).jpg20200417_203239 (resized).jpg20200417_203305 (resized).jpg20200417_203305 (resized).jpg
#7860 4 years ago

So...my version of keeping the wire guide from bending...

I like 3d printed toys, but have never had luck when it comes to ball/ steel vs one. Steel always wins

There is a thin post back there already..switched to a star post ( not to hide anything ) then purple sleeve w 7/16 clear ring ( I'm using purple and glow Titans throughout). Couple dabs of hot melt on underside between the rubbers and they are positioned for life. Maybe a 1/64 gap between it and the rail...no way it lets it bend.

My rail was straight and not touching the opto to start...feel good this eliminates the chance ( just my take). Nice and tidy, and can't really see it when everything reassembled

IMG_20200417_203427579 (resized).jpgIMG_20200417_203427579 (resized).jpgIMG_20200417_203923015 (resized).jpgIMG_20200417_203923015 (resized).jpgIMG_20200417_203907808 (resized).jpgIMG_20200417_203907808 (resized).jpg
#7861 4 years ago

Is this like the chipping you are talking about? I have some on the front and the side. I'll buy the Cliffy part everyone is talking about, but what do I do about the chipped sections?[quoted image][quoted image]

Absolutely identical to the first picture. Stern gave me a new one of their protectors but it looks like it will just do the same thing. Definitely getting a cliffy and will figure out some way to fill the crack when I do. Since it will be under the cliffy probably a drop of super glue in the crack then covered with a piece of mylar? My guess at the fix. Need to someone looking around at what others have done

#7862 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I like 3d printed toys, but have never had luck when it comes to ball/ steel vs one. Steel always wins
There is a thin post back there already..switched to a star post ( not to hide anything ) then purple sleeve w 7/16 clear ring ( I'm using purple and glow Titans throughout). Couple dabs of hot melt on underside between the rubbers and they are positioned for life. Maybe a 1/64 gap between it and the rail...no way it lets it bend.
My rail was straight and not touching the opto to start...feel good this eliminates the chance ( just my take). Nice and tidy, and can't really see it when everything reassembled[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting idea.

Question- aren’t these the posts that dig in playfield clear. Also, maybe get a fatter rubber ring - it should fit sung against the rail. If you can get the rubber ring to fit snug against post you have a winner.

My 2 cents.

Also, the 3D parts that mostly fail are hollow for the most part inside. These 3D parts are solid print. But time will tell.

#7863 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Interesting idea.
Question- aren’t these the posts that dig in playfield clear. Also, maybe get a fatter rubber ring - it should fit sung against the rail. If you can get the rubber ring to fit snug against post you have a winner.
My 2 cents.
Also, the 3D parts that mostly fail are hollow for the most part inside. These 3D parts are solid print. But time will tell.

Nah....these are the posts that had (have) been used for years, and the "fix" along w washers (to hide the mess), for all the POTC games w playfield problems actually spread the force out as opposed to smaller posts on the clear. Amazing how they all had problems, but now that the price has inflated on the secondary market, no problems reported ( I digress). Fortunately, my MunstersLE was sprayed light, and I have no pooling, etc. Clear is solid.

I tried the 1", but didn't seat well against the inner bushing. I literally pushed against the wireform, and there is no way the ramp is going to bend. The ring simply doesn't let it bend enough to deform.

Agreed on the 3d design, especially w the dead foam you used to make it snug. I've just seen 3d print crack after repeated hits, including solid pieces...hopefully not in this case.

I think the design is great (3d print), but confident in the post approach. Hopefully, they both work....

#7864 4 years ago

3d prints are brittle along the layer lines so if you orient prints to reduce the forces on the layer lines they become very strong. The latest design is oriented in such a way. I've found you can do amazing things with much more force applied than you would think on 3d prints. Example: my 3d printed droid driving around a museum at halloween. I learned a lot about printing parts strong with this project. Amazing how much stress they can really take
received_1214044662117003 (resized).jpegreceived_1214044662117003 (resized).jpeg

#7865 4 years ago

Well keep in mind I'm a noob so I probably committed a few cardinal sins. But the lower portion of the lower playfield was so hazy it was kind hard to play. So I used a 50/50 alcohol water mix that was recommended to clean the Stern HD glass on the LE and very lightly dappened an eyeglass cleaning cloth. I did some gentle small circles and by the time I was done the glass was clean and the white cloth was black. Finished product haze free.[quoted image]

That’s clear!

Anyone see any concern before I try this 50/50 mix?

#7866 4 years ago

3d prints are brittle along the layer lines so if you orient prints to reduce the forces on the layer lines they become very strong. The latest design is oriented in such a way. I've found you can do amazing things with much more force applied than you would think on 3d prints. Example: my 3d printed droid driving around a museum at halloween. I learned a lot about printing parts strong with this project. Amazing how much stress they can really take
[quoted image]

I'm sure it will be fine...I just had the parts and wanted to show another approach...no biggie.....

#7867 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm sure it will be fine...I just had the parts and wanted to show another approach...no biggie.....

Always good to have options- nothing wrong with that! I like seeing multiple approaches in case the one I go with fails.

#7868 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Wasn't ragging on what you did. That is a great option as well. 3d printing is definitely a science and small changes can cause very brittle parts. I've learned that the hard way.

#7869 4 years ago

Wasn't ragging on what you did. That is a great option as well. 3d printing is definitely a science and small changes can cause very brittle parts. I've learned that the hard way.

No offense taken at all. I just look at things and try to find ways to fix or better them.

Some great thinkers in these threads if you get past the noise....

#7870 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

That’s clear!
Anyone see any concern before I try this 50/50 mix?

Clear I'm a noob or the glass is clear? Lol

Here is a before though not the best quality pic, but you can see the haze pretty clearly.

20200417_231455 (resized).jpg20200417_231455 (resized).jpg
#7871 4 years ago

Clear I'm a noob or the glass is clear? Lol
Here is a before though not the best quality pic, but you can see the haze pretty clearly.[quoted image]

I wonder if the 50/50 alcohol water mix is taking off the old wax on top/bottom of lower playfield window. Making it shine.

Now if you wax it wondering if the haze comes back?

#7872 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I wonder if the 50/50 alcohol water mix is taking off the old wax on top/bottom of lower playfield window. Making it shine.

I think I'd wait for a day...we use a very specific spray in my shop to clean 6 figure acrylic panels that house custom OLED stuff. Great stuff, anti fog, and not crazy expensive. Cleans and polishes... highly recommend.

It's in the shop and I'll post a pic tomorrow...may be buried in the thread somewhere. Key is a clean microfiber...every time!!

#7873 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Good question. I will say I used the smallest amount and the haze wasn't "even" it was mostly on the underside of the glass around the flipper area. I wonder why they would wax the underside? Would have been nice for Stern to have included some care instructions for the LPF.

MK6PIN What is the name of the spray? I'm ordering official cleaning stuff to care for my pin so I don't have to keep using my homemade concoction.

#7874 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

My rail was straight and not touching the opto to start...feel good this eliminates the chance ( just my take). Nice and tidy, and can't really see it when everything reassembled[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

very simple idea of course
but seems you still have some free place there, and while rubber is still a rubber (...), guide will bend :/

btw, tell us later to see how it works

#7875 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

yes it was my first aproach to it with some posts and some rubber rings, but i was missing the parts. It's good to know the parts now that would fit if someone prefers this method or is not possible to 3d print.
If it is possible with standard parts this will increase the possibility that stern will release something. A printed post, or extra designed one, i guess will cost too much

#7876 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Just bought one from him, $25 plus shipping
Cliff is the best

What is his email?

#7878 4 years ago

Here's the spray. Works great. Remember however, you will always collect a bit of dust, light film etc. after playing for awhile from mechs moving down there ( window to the underside).

Just another piece to clean on occasion...adds maybe 10 minutes to your main of cleaning
IMG_20200418_072238422 (resized).jpgIMG_20200418_072238422 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200418_072218833 (resized).jpgIMG_20200418_072218833 (resized).jpg

#7879 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

very simple idea of course
but seems you still have some free place there, and while rubber is still a rubber (...), guide will bend :/
btw, tell us later to see how it works

I like simple, and no, it won't bend. Was starting to explain why, but too wordy. I'll post over time if someone wants an update.

#7880 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I like simple, and no, it won't bend. Was starting to explain why, but too wordy. I'll post over time if someone wants an update.

ok let's hope you're right
give us some feedback

#7881 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Here's the spray. Works great. Remember however, you will always collect a bit of dust, light film etc. after playing for awhile from mechs moving down there ( window to the underside).
Just another piece to clean on occasion...adds maybe 10 minutes to your main of cleaning
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I remember using this years ago but forgot.

Question, do you apply anything to plastic after this treatment? When you wax your playfield do you wax the lower playfield plastic plastic cover?

#7882 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Question, do you apply anything to plastic after this treatment? When you wax your playfield do you wax the lower playfield plastic plastic cover?

No, this is all the plastic really needs. I wax the playfield, not the window, to avoid hazing...

#7883 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I sent an email to Stern last night asking this and other questions re: the LPF and its care and cleaning. I'll let you know if they respond.

#7884 4 years ago

I said it here. I'll correct myself here.

3-4 months ago I got to play some pins my friend brought home. One of those pins was Stern Jurassic Park. I said I did not care for it. I got to play JP again last night. I was wrong. The pin is tough, but once I got a little feel for it, It was a blast to play.

My Munsters is not going anywhere and I am out of room but I sure would like to shoehorn a JP in some way some how. It is a righteous pin. Tough. Brutal.

#7885 4 years ago

I'm going to pull the trigger on the topper as soon as they're back in stock.

#7886 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

just tried Munster code 1.03.0 with pinball browser. It is modifiable, sounds and videos are played. I replace a some Videos and Messages and Loaded the new Code. After Node Upgrade everything worked. Modified videos Played.
The first thing i have seen ist the backlight staying on. No flickering there anymore.
Codewise i don't think any changes were done. My guess is some bug fixes and code cleaning. The game file is a little smaler than in version 1.02.0
I need to keep an eye open on if the error is still there in Mulitplayer that Mystery and Grandpa seems to be traveling over from one Player to the other.

The multiplayer issues still exist. Just ran into them tonight during family tournament night

#7887 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I said it here. I'll correct myself here.
3-4 months ago I got to play some pins my friend Brough home. One of those pins was Stern Jurassic Park. I said I did not care for it. I got to play JP again last night. I was wrong. The pin is tough, but once I got a little feel for it, It was a blast to play.
My Munsters is not going anywhere and I am out of room but I sure would like to shoehorn a JP in some way some how. It is a righteous pin. Tough. Brutal.

I agree here on Munsters. It is getting the most play in my collection right now. With the topper and mini playfield it is a 3 level game. The main play field is a great shooter as well Like Iron Man it is simple and straightforward. It is a faced paced game and Getting it going is very rewarding. I prefer it to both BM66 and Elvira3 which I am staring to think have too much code. Yes, I think Munsters needs more code. The secret mode and midnight madness concepts prove that but it is a very cool game right now. I think it is a keeper

#7888 4 years ago

The multiplayer issues still exist. Just ran into them tonight during family tournament night

Email Dwight!

#7889 4 years ago

Does anyone have the Topper for sale ?

#7890 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I prefer it to both BM66 and Elvira3

Interesting...I like Elvira3 also, maybe just a tad more at this point...but, hoping that will change with a code.

#7891 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I agree here on Munsters. It is getting the most play in my collection right now. With the topper and mini playfield it is a 3 level game. The main play field is a great shooter as well Like Iron Man it is simple and straightforward. It is a faced paced game and Getting it going is very rewarding. I prefer it to both BM66 and Elvira3 which I am staring to think have too much code. Yes, I think Munsters needs more code. The secret mode and midnight madness concepts prove that but it is a very cool game right now. I think it is a keeper

This game gets the worst rap of any pinball machine that I have ever seen, mainly because of about three or four D*ckheads on this site. Munsters has fun rules, awesome lower playfield that is both skillful and fun, awesome theme, and it's the most beautiful game ever possibly. What's not to like? It's the pride and joy of my collection.

#7892 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I prefer it to both BM66 and Elvira3 which I am staring to think have too much code.

Are you for real? BM66 blows munsters code in every way.
Even an old Bally-Williams AFM has better code.

I'm just hope that the inside rumors are correct, and that we will see a massive update.

#7893 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Are you for real? BM66 blows munsters code in every way.
Even an old Bally-Williams AFM has better code.
I'm just hope that the inside rumors are correct, and that we will see a massive update.

I'm honestly not a fan of BM66. Not saying it's a bad game but I just cant get into it. I want to love BM66 because it is a dream theme for me but for whatever reason it just doesnt thrill me.

#7894 4 years ago

What multi-player issue please? Tried to search thread but didn't find it. Thanks.

On a side note, after day three of owning my first baby, I have found and turned on the end game option so I can throw a fit and quit when my first ball shoots straight down the middle.

#7895 4 years ago

I’ve got Batman 66 sitting right next to Munsters and to me they are a pair. Contemporary shows of the same era. Both well written comedy and skillful actors timing to pull it all off.

Batman’s code excels in every way. Give Munsters similar software treatment and it may overtake Batman, because of everything else going for Munsters, although Batman is a top tier game. When Munsters gets the deserved show material treatment, they’ll be tied imo.

#7896 4 years ago

So is the dust haze on the inside of the lower playfield or the outside. Getting ready to do mine. Seems best to pull from underneath for alignment reasons. How do you use the Plexus cleaner? Rag, buffer? Microfiber?

Thanks MK

#7897 4 years ago

What multi-player issue please? Tried to search thread but didn't find it. Thanks.
On a side note, after day three of owning my first baby, I have found and turned on the end game option so I can throw a fit and quit when my first ball shoots straight down the middle.

It was in the post I quoted. Mystery and Grandpa tend to stay from player to player. I was player 1 and got mystery twice and Grandpa was lit after already completing it. You can steal other people's mystery if they don't collect it.

#7898 4 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

So is the dust haze on the inside of the lower playfield or the outside. Getting ready to do mine. Seems best to pull from underneath for alignment reasons. How do you use the Plexus cleaner? Rag, buffer? Microfiber?
Thanks MK

The lower playfield gets filthy pretty easily. I think its cool dust from the flippers. The grime is on the inside of the glass and you can just spray the cleaner on there and wipe it off with a micro fiber rag. Make sure you give the entire lower playfield a good cleaning while you have it out. I just use Novus 1 for that.

#7899 4 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

Thanks MK

The dust haze happens on the inside of the window. You can open any of you're games, and you'll notice it if you raise the pf...lots of mechs down there working away. As they wear, the dust follows ( like rubbers on top side).

I clean both sides of the window w a new microfiber cloth to avoid scratching. Just spray it on and wipe it off like cleaning glass.

Though the mini playfield is super easy to take out ( 4 screws and a couple wiring connections) I take the plastic off from the top to clean. Alot easier than doing it while still attached to the playfield.

Alignment really not as bad as some state, just make sure you're using a quality torx T10 driver, not an offbrand which may not fit exactly. Window drops in place, don't go crazy on tightening, and use a straightedge to make sure it's flush w playfield ( I just use my finger to feel for a ridge).

Happy cleaning!!!

#7900 4 years ago

Pull the mini pf to clean it ( of course)...watch for those mini balls to ensure the don't vanish when you do.

Whole thing is very easy to work on ( and looks cool sitting on the bench)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/158 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.