pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 237.
#7801 4 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Is it just me or does anyone else think this Munsters Pinball Machine is a very difficult pin to rack up a good score on? So far my best is only 179 Million. And I thought I was a descent pinball player.

It's very hard to get a good score on and that's why I actually like the code. I wanna see more but you take two guys playing this game that knows the code and the best player is almost always going to win. That's why I have always said that this is a good tournament game. You pretty much earn every point that you score on this game. This game gets a bad wrap and so does Dwight for the code that he gave this game.

#7802 4 years ago

I am started to love this pin more and more. I did list it for sale because I wanted to buy a JP2 premium that was selling in my area, I was fortunate to come up with the money to buy JP2. Man I am so glad I ended up keeping it. The sounds, The lights and everything about the Munsters is Awesome. I know the code needs an update plus theres so much more this pin can be, but I have to say I really enjoy it

#7803 4 years ago
Quoted from finplanner69:

My LE arrives tomorrow. My first pin! So excited. First thing is to learn how to update code, see if my guide rail is bent and touching the opto, learn what a guide rail and opto are, and figure out what supplies/tools I need to get to care for my first baby.

Welcome to the club!

#7804 4 years ago

My LE arrives tomorrow. My first pin! So excited. First thing is to learn how to update code, see if my guide rail is bent and touching the opto, learn what a guide rail and opto are, and figure out what supplies/tools I need to get to care for my first baby.

Congrats! You will love it.

In this video I explain how to download and install code updates for your stern pin! I show it using Windows 10 and Stranger Things. But process is the same for Munsters. In fact, I accidentally upgrade my ST pin to Munsters by accident the first time.

I also compare the ST Premium playfield to a pimped out Munsters Premium.

Also. GET THE TOPPER.

#7805 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Congrats! You will love it.
In this video I explain how to download and install code updates for your stern pin! I show it using Windows 10 and Stranger Things. But process is the same for Munsters. In fact, I accidentally upgrade my ST pin to Munsters by accident the first time.

I also compare the ST Premium playfield to a pimped out Munsters Premium.
Also. GET THE TOPPER.

Thanks! That is awesome and very helpful! I have the topper on order...not sure when/if I will actually get it.

#7806 4 years ago

Thanks! That is awesome and very helpful! I have the topper on order...not sure when/if I will actually get it.

When you get it let us know. If you have any issues we can probably help you figure it out.

It’s worth the trouble!

#7807 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

For those that don’t have Chas email:
[email protected]

I sent Chas an email as was being discussed here. I have received a reply.

" I had one complaint so far. I am watching this issue".

I thought a lot of Munster owners were going to send emails.

Looks like I am there only one to have done so.

#7808 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Coming from Germany, i sent mine to my distributor, but i send now an email directly to Chas too.

#7809 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Not true -

734143F9-99D3-4F7A-92ED-9105F580A6C3 (resized).png734143F9-99D3-4F7A-92ED-9105F580A6C3 (resized).png
#7810 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Not true -[quoted image]

He did say he had one complaint, so far. Perhaps he was referencing you. ??

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 9.25.59 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-04-16 at 9.25.59 AM (resized).png

#7811 4 years ago

I have also sent an email. I correspond with Pablo a lot so sent it to him with pictures. He said it was the first he had heard about it and was forwarding it on to the design engineer and manager

#7812 4 years ago

Out of curiosity (I'll look closer tonight), if the post was switched to a star post and large ring put on, would it be close? Just thinking out loud, but suspect it would be close....

side - really enjoyed Jack's stream last night...confirmed what I already knew. The game is quite fast (surprising with all the stops during Grandpa, Dragula, Mini-PF, etc.) and he was definitely getting frustrated at times with its lack of mercy.

Really enjoyed watching him play Munster Madness, as he wasn't even sure about the scoring, but actually played both playfields quite well.

He also admitted (on the third prompt about new code) " I'm not really sure...they don't tell me much about that end of things"...something like that.

I'll never be the player he is, and got to see some things I hadn't prior....the game is a gem to me!!!

#7813 4 years ago

Just got response:

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the pictures. We will work to resolve the issue.

Best regards,

Chas Siddiqi

Stern Pinball technical support

better than put a post behind

#7814 4 years ago

Just got Munster madness round 2 but grandpas lab doesn’t come into play! Is this correct? Thanks

#7815 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Just got response:
Hi Peter,
Thanks for the pictures. We will work to resolve the issue.
Best regards,
Chas Siddiqi
Stern Pinball technical support
better than put a post behind

Any concerns so far with putting the new 3D post behind the wire rail?

How is the playfield holding up near the post? I know playfields had some issues and we are “loading down/putting force” on the post area now.

Thx

#7816 4 years ago

Is there a way to adjust Grandpa’s trough ejector power setting? Looks like you can adjust power for all flippers.

Thx

#7817 4 years ago
Quoted from GamesbyAPK:

Just got Munster madness round 2 but grandpas lab doesn’t come into play! Is this correct? Thanks

Yes.

#7818 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Is there a way to adjust Grandpa’s trough ejector power setting? Looks like you can adjust power for all flippers.
Thx

Yes it's in the Game's Settings. I believe they factory default to HARD, and I would absolutely suggest putting them to NORMAL (both the trough ejector and the flippers). NORMAL helps the flippers be a bit more accurate and hit better shots. HARD seems to just cause chaos.

#7819 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Any concerns so far with putting the new 3D post behind the wire rail?
How is the playfield holding up near the post? I know playfields had some issues and we are “loading down/putting force” on the post area now.
Thx

well i have to admit this will only time tell. I have mine in now over a week with some 50 games on it. But i haven't removed the post to have a better look.
It's a pain to do this, so i will wait some more time to do it.
There is the possibilty to put in a washer like someone suggestet to distribute the force more.
You could put in some rubber between the Wire and the new Post, to get some of the force in the rubber.

I think most of the force is still taken by the wire, but some will of course travel to the post and then to the playfield.
Like C0untDeM0net said the balls are reflected with a little more gusto, so something is happening and some force is stabalizing the wire more but if this is enough i can not say. I think i will in another week have a look down there if everything looks good.

But in the long run don't know what would bother me more a little dented playfield under a ramp covered by a post. Or sheared of cables on optos and a wire rail traveling out and getting bend sideways. I am not sure if you have seen that not only the wire made a curve, put the rail going into playfield bended sidways also.

But maybe someone else had some experience to share.

No i am only hoping it will help the problem and does not damage the playfield, but i don't know for sure.

sorry that i can not give you a more specific answer.

#7820 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Chas is trained to play down issues. He has plenty of emails and does not want to confirm anything. Future games will have a fix and if you are lucky Stern will make a kit for existing owners.

#7821 4 years ago

What’s the other fix that folks are needing/getting for the game...besides the bent Herman wire?

#7822 4 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

What’s the other fix that folks are needing/getting for the game...besides the bent Herman wire?

Code

#7824 4 years ago

code then code then code !

#7825 4 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

The other issue is the grandpa scoop protector bending. Stern sent me a new one once mine got bad. May eventually replace it with a cliffy if I keep the machine

#7826 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

The other issue is the grandpa scoop protector bending. Stern sent me a new one once mine got bad. May eventually replace it with a cliffy if I keep the machine

you got a picture ?

#7827 4 years ago

The guys in the Deadpool thread have the same problem (not the code, that's great cept for high score tables) but the scoop protector failing. Cliffy ones are suppossed to be the business.

#7828 4 years ago
Quoted from luch:

you got a picture ?

Pictures are in this thread

#7829 4 years ago

Got my LE a few hours ago and haven't stopped playing, but noticed something really weird... Sometimes after the match clock finishes there is a really loud popping noise. Anyone know what that is about? It is way louder than I have the volume set.

Thanks!

#7830 4 years ago

Got my LE a few hours ago and haven't stopped playing, but noticed something really weird... Sometimes after the match clock finishes there is a really loud popping noise. Anyone know what that is about? It is way louder than I have the volume set.
Thanks!

Did you match to win a free game? Even set on free play you still can win.

#7831 4 years ago

Thanks!

Sterns digital knocker, set the volume to off -or- set match percentage to 0%

#7832 4 years ago

How were Munsters sales. Do distributors have stock still? Is the game still in production or are they done.

#7833 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Chas is trained to play down issues. He has plenty of emails and does not want to confirm anything. Future games will have a fix and if you are lucky Stern will make a kit for existing owners.

Chas did forward to John B. John’s recommendation is to install a post right behind the rail.

I said drill a hole through my playfield?!!

Of course, I will not do that. I will go with 3D solution above. Maybe if enough people email Chas Stern will do something. In meantime installing the 3D post!

Also looking forward to cabal report out in week.

#7834 4 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Yes it's in the Game's Settings. I believe they factory default to HARD, and I would absolutely suggest putting them to NORMAL (both the trough ejector and the flippers). NORMAL helps the flippers be a bit more accurate and hit better shots. HARD seems to just cause chaos.

I don’t see these settings- where are they? Post Picture? Only see individual settings for lower playfield flippers.

#7835 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Pictures are in this thread

do you have a post # please

#7836 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

How were Munsters sales. Do distributors have stock still? Is the game still in production or are they done.

Munsters sales were terrific initially but ground to a halt after Dwight’s “the code is essentially done” video. Many distributors have stock (mostly Pros and color Premiums). No Stern game is in production, but the license is still active and Stern has not issued a “last call” to distributors yet.

#7837 4 years ago

Installed the fix! Looks great painted

B37C74D3-2BF7-4B18-B6B7-5008ACB1E5E4 (resized).jpegB37C74D3-2BF7-4B18-B6B7-5008ACB1E5E4 (resized).jpeg744E7A97-BF5F-4261-838A-15148ED32EC9 (resized).jpeg744E7A97-BF5F-4261-838A-15148ED32EC9 (resized).jpeg2743B3C1-5341-44E4-B31B-9D46DDAD9E5A (resized).jpeg2743B3C1-5341-44E4-B31B-9D46DDAD9E5A (resized).jpeg5B633305-12E0-4C8C-B889-68F536D03344 (resized).jpeg5B633305-12E0-4C8C-B889-68F536D03344 (resized).jpeg8463E218-729F-46CE-B2A8-5BB862FC20FA (resized).jpeg8463E218-729F-46CE-B2A8-5BB862FC20FA (resized).jpeg
#7838 4 years ago

Installed my 3D post tonight also.

I added washer to bottom to protect playfield and I installed ball dead foam in the “crease” of 3D part. Works great - as long as it holds up it is a great solution. (No drilling holes in playfield - John B!)

See pictures.

Special shutout to mkk629 and cabal - thank you !!

Stern - if you are listening next time please come out with a fix and don’t design long rails - use 2 short rails!! This was same problem on Ghostbusters - are you not learning - same mistakes again and again!
21C7CDC1-086B-42FC-8B72-0EA5583660A2 (resized).jpeg21C7CDC1-086B-42FC-8B72-0EA5583660A2 (resized).jpegE73F236E-729B-4F87-84A3-E2ACF37249EB (resized).jpegE73F236E-729B-4F87-84A3-E2ACF37249EB (resized).jpeg68F3C4BD-5E0A-4D4A-B457-CEF6D4196E1D (resized).jpeg68F3C4BD-5E0A-4D4A-B457-CEF6D4196E1D (resized).jpegED144425-0231-45DD-9389-905CF7B35716 (resized).jpegED144425-0231-45DD-9389-905CF7B35716 (resized).jpeg

#7839 4 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

I know of these stern fixes:
Stern Pinball Flipper Service Kit Munsters Plastic #19 Colored #502-7096-00 Fix for broken Herman Plastics.
Stern Pinball Service Kit Munsters Herman Arm Trap #502-7100-00 should prevent flying balls catching in Hermans Arm
Stern Pinball Munsters Hole Protector #535-1417-02 The Grandpa hole Protector

#7840 4 years ago

What is the grandpa hole protector fix? Do you have a picture?

#7841 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Installed the fix! Looks great painted[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Whoever initially designed that support block should sell the design to Stern...or get a discount on their next Pinball Machine purchase.

#7842 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

What is the grandpa hole protector fix? Do you have a picture?

The Grandpa hole Protector fix is only the part itself, with no modifications. They just send out the same part again.
If you Problems before, the Problem will occur again.

535-1417-02 (resized).jpg535-1417-02 (resized).jpg
#7843 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Whoever initially designed that support block should sell the design to Stern...or get a discount on their next Pinball Machine purchase.

yes i support this, discount on next pinball machine

#7844 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

The Grandpa hole Protector fix is only the part itself, with no modifications. They just send out the same part again.
If you Problems before, the Problem will occur again.[quoted image]

One of those "wings" has completely broke away on my protector. My thoughts are that there is no radius at the bend line. I need to go buy the Cliffy unit.

#7845 4 years ago

My clearcoat is starting to chip right near the scoop protector. The old one I replaced was bent right at the spot the chip started at and was digging into the clearcoat deep. I put a small piece of mylar down over the chip but I really don't think the stern protector is going to do the job. Will be buying the GB scoop protector from Cliffy to do the repair properly soon.

#7846 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

If you Problems before, the Problem will occur again.[quoted image]

Buy Cliffys protector instead! Cliffy

Passionforpinball.com

#7847 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Buy Cliffys protector instead! cliffy
Passionforpinball.com

I thought Cliff wasn't really selling these yet. I know he made one for somebody but when I inquired about it they really weren't in production yet.

#7848 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I thought Cliff wasn't really selling these yet. I know he made one for somebody but when I inquired about it they really weren't in production yet.

I just e-mailed him...he responded saying that he is making them. If you need a higher quality version I would contact him.

#7849 4 years ago

See my posts # 7297 on my Cliffy Scoop Install and mods as needed for it on my set-up.

#7850 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Just bought one from him, $25 plus shipping

Cliff is the best

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/157?hl=wyopin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.