IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 237.
#7751 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The prior big issue with Backbox lighting:
- Removed Backbox GI from lamp effects.
It heavily reflected into the glass and onto the lower PF, making it harder to play.
Really hoping that Dwight has much more coming. These little tweaks can't be what John was talking to me about. This game deserves so much more. Everyone, please directly email Dwight your ideas or complaints: [email protected]

Lots of ideas here. Send the link to Dwight.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-code-suggestions-for-dwight

#7752 4 years ago

Ok figured our secret mania! Thx.

So while looking at playfield I see the VUK post behind Herman. Is this supposed to be level with playfield? I noticed mine below playfield.

Thx!

36EFF27F-40B2-4F81-A331-184A2D51067A (resized).jpeg36EFF27F-40B2-4F81-A331-184A2D51067A (resized).jpeg
#7753 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Ok figured our secret mania! Thx.
So while looking at playfield I see the VUK post behind Herman. Is this supposed to be level with playfield? I noticed mine below playfield.
Thx![quoted image]

That post should be even with the playfield CPR.

#7754 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That post should be even with the playfield CPR.

Figured so...will have to see what’s up Tomorrow.

#7755 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Figured so...will have to see what’s up Tomorrow.

Probably just came out of adjustment. Shouldn't be a big deal I wouldn't think.

#7756 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I just asked Jack and while he may have had too much to drink, he said he won’t be streaming it on Wednesday because he just sold it.

Unless he sold it immediately after he twitched Rick and Morty last night, he still has his munsters premium.

You can see his munsters immediately behind him through last night’s twitch.

Looking forward to watching him weds!

#7757 4 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Unless he sold it immediately after he twitched Rick and Marty last night, he still has his munsters premium.
You can see his munsters immediately behind him through last night’s twitch.
Looking forward to watching him weds!

100% correct, Remember Jack is a ball buster all in the name of good fun way.....

munbkg (resized).jpgmunbkg (resized).jpg
#7758 4 years ago

just tried Munster code 1.03.0 with pinball browser. It is modifiable, sounds and videos are played. I replace a some Videos and Messages and Loaded the new Code. After Node Upgrade everything worked. Modified videos Played.
The first thing i have seen ist the backlight staying on. No flickering there anymore.
Codewise i don't think any changes were done. My guess is some bug fixes and code cleaning. The game file is a little smaler than in version 1.02.0
I need to keep an eye open on if the error is still there in Mulitplayer that Mystery and Grandpa seems to be traveling over from one Player to the other.

#7759 4 years ago
Quoted from guss:

That's not new the date is March 9, 2020

Sorry my mistake I was looking at MBr update

#7760 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Jack is streaming the Munster's this Wednesday 4/15.

Being new this group, could someone provide a link for Jack's streaming tomorrow?

TIA

#7761 4 years ago

Greetings!

Can someone provide me some insight into the best way to clean the Lower Playfield Glass/Cover? We're about 800 games on our Premium and it looks like there is a "fog" (collection of dust??) near the bottom of the glass/cover (near the flippers on the LP). I tried to grab a picture but it just doesn't come out very well.

Is it appropriate to just unscrew this piece from the PF and clean it as I would anything else? Or would it be better to open the pin up, raise the field, remove the lower PF and clean from there?

Any other help or shared experience on how to best take care of this Glass/Cover and the Lower PF? I feel like my Munsters is like 97% clean and well cared for, with the exception of the LP glass/cover. My search found some conflicting advice, so I would love to hear from folk on how they regularly maintain this!

Thank you!

#7762 4 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Is it appropriate to just unscrew this piece from the PF and clean it as I would anything else? Or would it be better to open the pin up, raise the field, remove the lower PF and clean from there?

Remove the window and polish it with something like Meguiar's Ultimate Compound. Mine was scratched and fogged and that stuff worked like a charm.

#7763 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Remove the window and polish it with something like Meguiar's Ultimate Compound. Mine was scratched and fogged and that stuff worked like a charm.

Would any of the Novus products do something similar to the Meguiar's Ultimate Compound? I ask because I can't get the UC until late May and I would love to work on this while I'm in Quarantine!

#7764 4 years ago

opps, forgot to save off my settings/scores before upgrading. I've taken to doing it via the sd-card burn instead since it's quite a bit faster. Guess I'll have to redo all those high scores. My son is happy lol

#7765 4 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Would any of the Novus products do something similar to the Meguiar's Ultimate Compound? I ask because I can't get the UC until late May and I would love to work on this while I'm in Quarantine!

Maybe with a lot of elbow grease. I used Novus 3 and 2 and barely cleaned it up at all. UC buffed it clean in short order.
Perhaps another compound like that might work.

#7766 4 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Greetings!
Can someone provide me some insight into the best way to clean the Lower Playfield Glass/Cover? We're about 800 games on our Premium and it looks like there is a "fog" (collection of dust??) near the bottom of the glass/cover (near the flippers on the LP). I tried to grab a picture but it just doesn't come out very well.
Any other help or shared experience on how to best take care of this Glass/Cover and the Lower PF? I feel like my Munsters is like 97% clean and well cared for, with the exception of the LP glass/cover. My search found some conflicting advice, so I would love to hear from folk on how they regularly maintain this!
Thank you!

If your window is level to playfield do NOT remove it.

Tilt your machine up and remove 4 bolts and 3 connectors and take the mini playfield out. Polish your plastic and your mini playfield wood and reassemble.

I have done both and much easier doing it the way I describe.

#7767 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I've never had a problem getting it level after removal. About the only problem I did have was losing some of the little orings.

#7768 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Tilt your machine up and remove 4 bolts and 3 connectors and take the mini playfield out. Polish your plastic and your mini playfield wood and reassemble.
I have done both and much easier doing it the way I describe.

I second this approach! Couldn’t be easier to remove the lower play field. Four bolts and a couple connectors. No releveling

#7769 4 years ago

Did you just hand polish it with UC. IS any of the dusting on the inside which would force removal of the glass. And if its by hand couldnt you simply leave in machine and just make sure you get the material out of the gap or is that next to impossible?

#7770 4 years ago

I would also suggest removing the mini pf from below- it’s easy to do so.

The first couple of times I removed the shield from above.
The last time I did this, one of the mini screws (which secures the shield) actually snapped in half during the process.
It really freaked me out and took a while to remove the broken screw from inside the wood of the frame. Thankfully I was able to do so without damaging the pf.
Also, as indicated above, you’ll need some time to re-level that shield.

From underneath, the mini pf can be easily accessed, removed and then you can clean the shield from below.

#7771 4 years ago

I have never had any trouble either removing the window, just gotta make sure to use a #10 Torx bit. Either way is pretty easy though and it doesn't take long at all.

#7772 4 years ago

Elvira got a code drop today before being streamed this evening. I haven't seen the schedule but someone said Munsters is being streamed Wednesday. Is there any hope for us tomorrow???

#7773 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

Elvira got a code drop today before being streamed this evening. I haven't seen the schedule but someone said Munsters is being streamed Wednesday. Is there any hope for us tomorrow???

Let’s hope so .

#7774 4 years ago

I bet no update.

#7775 4 years ago

Mine was also bent, will be printing fix tonight

Thank you Cabal

24D55CE7-1266-46D9-83B0-871E91717027 (resized).jpeg24D55CE7-1266-46D9-83B0-871E91717027 (resized).jpegCA4318F0-7475-4923-BE61-41551663DE1B (resized).jpegCA4318F0-7475-4923-BE61-41551663DE1B (resized).jpegB79FDFF3-4C55-43FE-9E59-401599EECDD8 (resized).jpegB79FDFF3-4C55-43FE-9E59-401599EECDD8 (resized).jpeg
#7776 4 years ago
Quoted from Stevesco:

Being new this group, could someone provide a link for Jack's streaming tomorrow?
TIA

https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

#7777 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Took some time, thingiverse needs a wait time of 24h for new accounts to publish things.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4276887

Thanks for this. Print was quick at a little over 30 minutes. Had to drill out the screw hole but that was no big deal. Maybe 30 minutes of time taking off the plastics to get to the post and buttoning it up. I will say that with the post in place the wire does not give at all. Balls pop off it with a lot more gusto. Took a second to get used.

IMG_20200414_222857874 (resized).jpgIMG_20200414_222857874 (resized).jpg
#7778 4 years ago

Printed and Painted

Ready for install tomorrow

17B99C6A-A8ED-4548-88FA-F2D1D7FBF5D5 (resized).jpeg17B99C6A-A8ED-4548-88FA-F2D1D7FBF5D5 (resized).jpeg4C89466E-A0A6-4ED3-8304-1D05A39A0D3A (resized).jpeg4C89466E-A0A6-4ED3-8304-1D05A39A0D3A (resized).jpeg
#7779 4 years ago

Just loaded 1.03 code update and wow, there are more additional clips, albeit, not what we're ultimately looking for, but additional polish that is not listed on the update ReadMe.

Noticed much better UI in areas, along with colors. I wish I could have written the differences I noticed all down, but I had my best game ever and didn't want to stop. lol!

Come on Dwight, you can get us there and make this machine a top 10 like it should be! (Beats MBr code hands down already, but a modern coded game done 25 years later, should be leaps and bounds over any remake codewise

#7780 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Just loaded 1.03 code update and wow, there are more additional clips, albeit, not what we're ultimately looking for, but additional polish that is not listed on the update ReadMe.
Noticed much better UI in areas, along with colors. I wish I could have written the differences I noticed all down, but I had my best game ever and didn't want to stop. lol!
Come on Dwight, you can get us there and make this machine a top 10 like it should be! (Beats MBr code hands down already, but a modern coded game done 25 years later, should be leaps and bounds over any remake codewise

Good to hear. I will load today. Also have new Elvira code to load. Something for a dreary lock in day .

#7781 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It did seem there was more " general " polish to the game, and just felt more solid from a code standpoint ( if that makes any sense)... I've been focused on secret mania since is was discovered, so need to play more full games to see what else is going on....anxious for the stream tonight...

#7782 4 years ago

Even a small mod to the code to integrate the secret mode and midnight madness more into the "everyday" code would be nice (as a start .

#7783 4 years ago

I didnt get email announcing new code.... I did get one for Elvira....but dont have the game... lol

#7784 4 years ago

It would not be a marketing benefit to announce the code drop they just did for munsters. Could you imagine the trolling they would get on Facebook. Probably best to keep it quiet lol

#7785 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Maybe with a lot of elbow grease. I used Novus 3 and 2 and barely cleaned it up at all. UC buffed it clean in short order.
Perhaps another compound like that might work.

Appreciate the info. Did you use a buffer pad, or just a microfiber cloth? If buffer pad, any suggestions? I've got some UC on the way now.

#7786 4 years ago

Installed and played the new code last night. Didn't notice any difference other than another suspicion that the UI was cleaned up a bit. (To me, at least, the display looks more crisp/less like a Sega Genesis UI. Would be interesting for someone to take a before/after to see if it's just a placebo

Continuing to love this game and play it daily. Finding Secret Mania was a treat (If Stern could find a way to incorporate 5-10 more of these additional modes into the game, I'd be happy for a long while).

#7787 4 years ago

Can someone tell me how many files in this update?

When I come to unzip - it is only 1 spk file, sometimes there are more- just want to make sure I’ve done it right

Thanks

#7788 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Can someone tell me how many files in this update?
When I come to unzip - it is only 1 spk file, sometimes there are more- just want to make sure I’ve done it right
Thanks

Only the one

#7789 4 years ago

Great thanks

#7790 4 years ago

Well, Jack is streaming this game presently. He acknowledged this game has gotten an unfortunate wrap by some pinsiders.

#7791 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Well, Jack is streaming this game presently. He acknowledged this game has gotten an unfortunate wrap by some pinsiders.

I'm only getting the chat (?)

#7792 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm only getting the chat (?)

You might try closing your app/browser and reopening to see the video too. Twitch is a bit problematic UI control wise.

#7793 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

You might try closing your app/browser and reopening to see the video too. Twitch is a bit problematic UI control wise.

That's what I had to do..

#7794 4 years ago

Nothing new on code.....

#7795 4 years ago

He did say at the beginning of the cast " He thought he was getting an new code" that makes me think they had something planned but there might have been some last minute adjusting going on.

#7796 4 years ago

Is it just me or does anyone else think this Munsters Pinball Machine is a very difficult pin to rack up a good score on? So far my best is only 179 Million. And I thought I was a descent pinball player.

#7797 4 years ago

My LE arrives tomorrow. My first pin! So excited. First thing is to learn how to update code, see if my guide rail is bent and touching the opto, learn what a guide rail and opto are, and figure out what supplies/tools I need to get to care for my first baby.

#7798 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

He did say at the beginning of the cast " He thought he was getting an new code" that makes me think they had something planned but there might have been some last minute adjusting going on.

Yeah I heard him say that - then at 10:20 in the twitch video he said don’t expect to much - only expect minor tweaks.

I think game is great and fun for me. I hope I regret this (& Dwight proves me wrong) but it does not sound like any major code drops coming...only minor tweaks at best. Hope the minor tweaks are very meaningful!

#7799 4 years ago
Quoted from finplanner69:

My LE arrives tomorrow. My first pin! So excited. First thing is to learn how to update code, see if my guide rail is bent and touching the opto, learn what a guide rail and opto are, and figure out what supplies/tools I need to get to care for my first baby.

Nice first game! Congrats.

#7800 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Yeah I heard him say that - then at 10:20 in the twitch video he said don’t expect to much - only expect minor tweaks.
I think game is great and fun for me. I hope I regret this (& Dwight proves me wrong) but it does not sound like any major code drops coming...only minor tweaks at best. Hope the minor tweaks are very meaningful!

Yep I heard that too, maybe not a full rewrite as some might have been hoping, maybe more modes and content added. Then again maybe Jack thought he said to much early about the code and thought I better not say much and covering up with a little damage control lol. One thing is for sure is that Stern lends these machines for him to show case and broadcast updates which works well for his streaming so he won’t risk that relationship. So I suspect very little will he said during his streams about codes unless he gets the green light.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/156 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.