IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 237.
#7651 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Any word on ETA?

Still no date has been given on when the new code drop will happen. But I suspect it will be sooner rather than a 3 year wait like GB was. Lol

#7652 4 years ago

My new Spot opto showed up today, but won't get it installed for a couple of days. So I figured I'd take a closer look at my rail and it is indeed slightly bent (after thinking it was OK).

My Spidey sense tells me it might be beneficial to put a fat Titan sleeve on this post to help stop the rail from bending... Should give it some lateral support and protect the opto. There's even a place for a ring, but it might sit just a tad high.

Will report back unless someone beats me to it.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7653 4 years ago

Thinking about replacing the clear posts on the sling assemblies with these gray posts. I think the gray would work well with the overall color scheme. Thoughts? Also, whether I replace them or not, thinking of putting #8 washers under the posts. Would that help against potential clearcoat chipping? Currently I see no chipping or clouding anywhere. All opinions appreciated.
IMG_2300 (resized).jpgIMG_2300 (resized).jpgIMG_2302 (resized).jpgIMG_2302 (resized).jpg

#7654 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

How hard is it to bend back?

It's not easy. You need to remove the plastics to get a better grip. And you don't want to overdo it.
I only bent it as much, that it is not touching the opto anymore. I did it not get back 100%

#7655 4 years ago

I have had only one issue with my topper, door was sticking open. One small dab of super lube in the hinge....smooth as butter

#7656 4 years ago

I would assume we need something like this for the bent Herman guide rail...

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB188.pdf

#7657 4 years ago

Maybe more like this fix on Ghostbusters- bent rail Stern fix. Reinforced metal L bracket.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/28#post-3278825

#7658 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

My topper has worked well from day one. So think you can order with confidence. I know some had issues early on, but this topper is well integrated into the game and is a “game” changer in added fun. I’m not a fan of toppers in general, as they usually only light up and have plastic unneeded bits on top. Munsters topper is part of the game and does so many cool things.
1. Character lights up while in their mode.
2. Raven announces the hour.
3. Raven pops out to heckle in Raven mode.
4. Raven countdowns.
5. Raven spouts end of ball sequence at times.
I just received a nice email from someone at Stern (name I’m not going to mention) saying specifically, part of the new code update will include more call outs, more of Grandpa, Eddie and Herman too.
So think the topper is only going to get better. Only other topper that comes close to this topper on the market imo, is BK3.[quoted image]

Nice to hear other people are getting "inside" info of a possible code update. Not sure how good mine was , but, I was told after TMNT came out for a possible code drop. More Raven call outs will up the value of the topper. It is integrated really well with the game now but up side potential is there.

#7659 4 years ago

I hope with the code update you can adjust the raven call out volume. Sometimes they get lost in the music and sound effects. I love the topper though and its intergragration though.

#7660 4 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

I hope with the code update you can adjust the raven call out volume. Sometimes they get lost in the music and sound effects. I love the topper though and its intergragration though.

^^This^^

#7661 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I ordered a topper. Hell yeah it is expensive but it well integrated into game. Hope mine has no issues!

I just got a email back from Stern on topper availability. They are currently on shutdown but they should go back into production sometime next month....

#7662 4 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

How big is the speaker for Raven in the topper box? It is a teeny tiny speaker there is probably not much that can be done for volume.

#7663 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Nice to hear other people are getting "inside" info of a possible code update. Not sure how good mine was , but, I was told after TMNT came out for a possible code drop. More Raven call outs will up the value of the topper. It is integrated really well with the game now but up side potential is there.

Hopefully we see way more than Raven call outs. More modes, more theme integration is a first!!

Makes you wonder if Dwight / team is coding TMNT. If they are it would be better to release Munsters code first to help easy people’s minds on Dwight’s next coded machine.

#7664 4 years ago

I very well could be all wet here but.....I'm hoping that there will be a update to kinda reward those of us that have held onto our machines. If it actually happens it would literately be " a game changer". We have seen this done before, I believe that Munsters has so many avenues that they could work with to make this a epic machine. That being said, if they take 2 to 3 years with-out any such update, as much as I love the theme...well, you can figure out the rest.

#7665 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

My new Spot opto showed up today, but won't get it installed for a couple of days. So I figured I'd take a closer look at my rail and it is indeed slightly bent (after thinking it was OK).
My Spidey sense tells me it might be beneficial to put a fat Titan sleeve on this post to help stop the rail from bending... Should give it some lateral support and protect the opto. There's even a place for a ring, but it might sit just a tad high.
Will report back unless someone beats me to it.
[quoted image]

Yes this post could be a good point for a fix. A fat titan sleeve might do it, i think it needs just some support over the lenght.
If this will not help i will try maybe this think i printed. I hope i did get the measurents right.
It should replace the clear plastic post and extend it to the wire. But i think it will need some tweeking that the ball will not touch it too much.

I hope to get some time soon to test it.

P1110832 (resized).JPGP1110832 (resized).JPGP1110833 (resized).JPGP1110833 (resized).JPGP1110834 (resized).JPGP1110834 (resized).JPG
#7666 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Yes this post could be a good point for a fix. A fat titan sleeve might do it, i think it needs just some support over the lenght.
If this will not help i will try maybe this think i printed. I hope i did get the measurents right.
It should replace the clear plastic post and extend it to the wire. But i think it will need some tweeking that the ball will not touch it too much.
I hope to get some time soon to test it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cool idea - figured the solution would involve that post - but replacing post and incorporating fix looks like a good solution.

When you finalize the design will you make the stl file available to print?

#7667 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

How big is the speaker for Raven in the topper box? It is a teeny tiny speaker there is probably not much that can be done for volume.

There is no speaker. It comes out of the normal speakers on the pins with all of the other sounds.

#7668 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

I hope to get some time soon to test it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks cab, you're quick! I have an Ender 3D printer and may dabble with something too. I do think some silicone or rubber added to the 3D print would help (think mini flipper rubber, ring, etc.) to soften blow. At least w/PLA - might not hold up otherwise. PLA+ might do better since it bends a little more. Never tried ABS or nylon.

How about making it fit over the current post? That would give it more surface area at the hole.

What was you infill percent? I think I'd go 100%.

#7669 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I just got a email back from Stern on topper availability. They are currently on shutdown but they should go back into production sometime next month....

Fantastic. So when Chas gets back to work he will be buried in tons of email. My bent wire guide email will probably be lost in the shuffle

#7670 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Thanks cab, you're quick! I have an Ender 3D printer and may dabble with something too. I do think some silicone or rubber added to the 3D print would help (think mini flipper rubber, ring, etc.) to soften blow. At least w/PLA - might not hold up otherwise. PLA+ might do better since it bends a little more. Never tried ABS or nylon.
How about making it fit over the current post? That would give it more surface area at the hole.
What was you infill percent? I think I'd go 100%.

Hi,
i have pla+ and used 90% fillng. Yes something rubbery makes sense. But i think i did some measurements wrong. The half hole for the rail is too high and i think i may need to make the Surface thinner that is touching the rail, otherwise the ball will touch it too much.
If you PM me i could send you what i have or give me some time to try to optimize it. I am terrible at constructing. I can do somet things, but still getting to know the softwares

What do you mean with fitting over the current post? Do you mean totaly engulf the post? this would make it quite big. Or do think of only put it half around the existing post that you can clip/fit it in without removing the existing post

#7671 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

...What do you mean with fitting over the current post? Do you mean totaly engulf the post?...

Yes, slip over the entire post. Only reason I mentioned that is there would be more surface area (i.e. the hole is bigger, and the entire length), might make it stronger. Just a wag tho.

I'll PM you my e-mail shortly.

Thanks!

#7672 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Been sold out for months.... was told new batch coming...but that was months ago...

Received a FedEx tracking # Monday evening for the shipping for the Topper that I ordered back in Dec from CT. Now I have a tracking # but the package still has not been picked up by FedEx and that could still take another week or 12, but maybe some light at the end of the tunnel for those that ordered the Munsters Topper from CT.

#7673 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Yes, slip over the entire post. Only reason I mentioned that is there would be more surface area (i.e. the hole is bigger, and the entire length), might make it stronger. Just a wag tho.
I'll PM you my e-mail shortly.
Thanks!

Hi i just installed the my replacement post, it's looks better than i thought. The balls are not touching the post, they are still boucing of the wire.
I only had a mistake in the height for the wire, i sawed a little material off, but then it went in snuggly. Now let's see if the material holds. <i wil just need some adjuments and then i can share it with you. This should prevent damage i hope until stern can make something on their own.

P1110835 (resized).JPGP1110835 (resized).JPGP1110836 (resized).JPGP1110836 (resized).JPGP1110837 (resized).JPGP1110837 (resized).JPGP1110838 (resized).JPGP1110838 (resized).JPGP1110839 (resized).JPGP1110839 (resized).JPGP1110840 (resized).JPGP1110840 (resized).JPG
#7674 4 years ago

New code or not, my Munsters premium will only be sold at my estate sale.

Assuming my cremated remains aren’t buried in it.

That said, I’ll happily take some new call outs and modes!

I’m gonna try the flipper code this weekend.

#7675 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

New code or not, my Munsters premium will only be sold at my estate sale.
Assuming my cremated remains aren’t buried in it.
That said, I’ll happily take some new call outs and modes!
I’m gonna try the flipper code this weekend.

Same here bro! Mine is BOLTED!

#7676 4 years ago

Herman replacement post.
have it now installed and had some good games on the machine. i would say about 20 and some with serious Herman bashing.
The Post seems to be holding, it did not break. But to see if beding is still happening i need more games to verifiy. I modified now the file 3D Printing file.
If someone is insterested i can share the stl or Freecad file if you pm me or if someone knows a way to share it more properly i am open to everything.

I hope stern will make something on their own, but with the shutdown i am afraid it will take some time.

#7677 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Herman replacement post.
have it now installed and had some good games on the machine. i would say about 20 and some with serious Herman bashing.
The Post seems to be holding, it did not break. But to see if beding is still happening i need more games to verifiy. I modified now the file 3D Printing file.
If someone is insterested i can share the stl or Freecad file if you pm me or if someone knows a way to share it more properly i am open to everything.
I hope stern will make something on their own, but with the shutdown i am afraid it will take some time.

https://www.thingiverse.com/

#7678 4 years ago

I finished watching the Original Munsters series on DVD and was scouting around and found this pilot episode from 2012 of "1313 Mockingbird Lane". It never went anywhere but it was an interesting, darker revamp of the original. Fun to watch. You may have to cut and paste the link into your browser. Sorry if this has been posted before. I could not find it on a quick search.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=1313mockinbird+lane&&view=detail&mid=2802E9FBD1E099ED76D32802E9FBD1E099ED76D3&&FORM=VDRVRV

#7679 4 years ago
Quoted from pindoc1:

I finished watching the Original Munsters series on DVD and was scouting around and found this pilot episode from 2012 of "1313 Mockingbird Lane". It never went anywhere but it was an interesting, darker revamp of the original. Fun to watch. You may have to cut and paste the link into your browser. Sorry if this has been posted before. I could not find it on a quick search.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=1313mockinbird+lane&&view=detail&mid=2802E9FBD1E099ED76D32802E9FBD1E099ED76D3&&FORM=VDRVRV

Awesome!!

They should make this on Netflix

#7680 4 years ago

Yeah. It would be better than a lot of crap on tv now.

#7681 4 years ago

Took some time, thingiverse needs a wait time of 24h for new accounts to publish things.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4276887

#7682 4 years ago

I traded some e-mails with Calab and printed his 3D support for the rail. I stuck a #6 washer under it to raise it up a bit in order to help prevent any PF wear since after a while, we're suspecting there might be some wiggle. Very sturdy tho. 100% infill and I rotated it 90 degrees when printing in order to make the layers perpendicular to the rail This keeps the printed layer 'seams' from being parallel with the rail.

My old opto was broken and had the wires sliced. On the new one, I zip tied them up a bit to keep them away from anything sharp.

In the end, Stern does need to address these issues properly. But for now Calab came up with an excellent workaround.

Thanks Calab!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7683 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I traded some e-mails with Calab and printed his 3D support for the rail. I stuck a #6 washer under it to raise it up a bit in order to help prevent any PF wear since after a while, we're suspecting there might be some wiggle. Very sturdy tho. 100% infill and I rotated it 90 degrees when printing in order to make the layers perpendicular to the rail This keeps the printed layer 'seams' from being parallel with the rail.
My old opto was broken and had the wires sliced. On the new one, I zip tied them up a bit to keep them away from anything sharp.
In the end, Stern does need to address these issues properly. But for now Calab came up with an excellent workaround.
Thanks Calab![quoted image][quoted image]

I want one, How much.

#7684 4 years ago
Quoted from guss:

I want one, How much.

That is a nifty design. Well done Calab!!!

#7685 4 years ago

I need help!

I am trying to install the replacement plastic and protector from Stern.

How do you re-attach the optos to the plastic without going insane. Seems like such a small space to get the screw through the plastic and the optos.

Many thanks!!!

#7686 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I need help!
I am trying to install the replacement plastic and protector from Stern.
How do you re-attach the optos to the plastic without going insane. Seems like such a small space to get the screw through the plastic and the optos.
Many thanks!!!

Figured it out, used toothpicks!

#7687 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Took some time, thingiverse needs a wait time of 24h for new accounts to publish things.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4276887

I found the wire on my premium was also bent. Downloaded you design and will print. Thanks !

#7688 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Wow that is a great idea he came up with. I would be in for one as well if he decides to sell them.

#7689 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Figured it out, used toothpicks!

LOL, I almost added that to my post cause I was really worried about that. I stuck a small zip tie thru one hole to hold it in place. Reached around to position the other hole. Took about 1 minute tops .

#7690 4 years ago
Quoted from guss:

I want one, How much.

Ask Calab, he designed it!

#7691 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wow that is a great idea he came up with. I would be in for one as well if he decides to sell them.

Thingiverse has third parties that can print and ship parts to you if you don't have a 3d printer. The maker of the part may have to add the "get this printed" app to their profile though. I think some of the services even allow you to past thingiverse IDs in. More expensive than printing yourself but a few options out there. This is one of them

https://www.thingiverse.com/apps/3d-print-with-treatstock
https://www.treatstock.com/my/print-model3d?utm_source=top_upload

#7692 4 years ago

FYI - I got one of the very first (maybe proto) new circular speaker light kits many many months ago and finally installed them. Very easy to do, look great, lots patterns & colors. They fit the new Stern games.

Awesome job Doug!!

DugFreez

Enjoy (of course video sucks compared to seeing in person).

#7693 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Thingiverse has third parties that can print and ship parts to you if you don't have a 3d printer. The maker of the part may have to add the "get this printed" app to their profile though. I think some of the services even allow you to past thingiverse IDs in. More expensive than printing yourself but a few options out there. This is one of them
https://www.thingiverse.com/apps/3d-print-with-treatstock
https://www.treatstock.com/my/print-model3d?utm_source=top_upload

My hands are full and I am busy learning all sorts of new pinball tricks.

I would be more than willing to buy one if some body is selling

#7694 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

My hands are full and I am busy learning all sorts of new pinball tricks.
I would be more than willing to buy one if some body is selling

I'd like to buy one also, I'm lost when it comes to 3d printing and stuff.

#7695 4 years ago

Prints pretty good, layer thickness at 1mm and 100 percent infill - takes approximately 1.2 hours to print.

Thanks @Calab

pecker head (resized).jpgpecker head (resized).jpg
#7696 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Did you rotate vertically (perpendicular to wire form the printing) in the slicer application?
Or is this something you had to do in the STL file? If STL file can you post an updated verison?
thx.

#7697 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Did you rotate vertically (perpendicular to wire form the printing) in the slicer application?
Or is this something you had to do in the STL file? If STL file can you post an updated verison?
thx.

Hi

i rotated the STL file now that layers will be Printed vertically, this should work better. It should have a better stability.
It's the same link: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4276887 but now with an added file: Herman_Post_rotated_V3.stl

I am sorry i am not selling the post, coming from germany, does not make sense to send such little things through the world
Maybe some Friend can help you print it out if you do not own an 3D Printer. Or like C0untDeM0net said there are companies out there printing
it for you. Or a fellow pinside member can help you around

#7698 4 years ago

Just have seen someone writing on secret mania in a german forum.
They said both flippers at the beginning are not needed, and yes it works without them.
So activation works in an active game:
4x Left
1x Right
1x Left
1x Right
4x Left
2x Right

this is an combination that could even be triggered by luck

#7699 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

this is an combination that could even be triggered by luck

Highly unlikely, like hitting the lottery unlikely.

#7700 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

thx.

I just rotated it in the slicer (Cura). Downside is now the layers are parallel to the screw that held down the original post. Just a WAG, but I think this is a better option.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/154 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.