pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 237.
#7601 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

cabal : remind me the "same" metal lane guide prob as with GB...
STERN did make an update (must be that one, i admit i forget since)
than if this became usual on Munsters, they will surelly think of it !?
[quoted image]

Thanks will have a look or ask my distributor about it.
For now i have to repair the opto, i removed the plastics to have a better look and i have seen that the cables of the opto were shaved off.
While fumbling around yesterday the opto did not work anymore, one of the cables came completly off.
No i wait for replacement
i bent the metal lane as good as i could back, looks better now.

#7602 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Thanks will have a look or ask my distributor about it.
For now i have to repair the opto, i removed the plastics to have a better look and i have seen that the cables of the opto were shaved off.
While fumbling around yesterday the opto did not work anymore, one of the cables came completly off.
No i wait for replacement
i bent the metal lane as good as i could back, looks better now.

Interesting - I have the same issue w/my opto, but the metal guard is OK. 2 of the 3 wires sheared right off and the opto plastic is busted. Fixed the wires and taped it in place for now. New one on the way, but I think I might 3D print something to help protect that area,

#7603 4 years ago

What a cool touch to an already beautiful game. Thanks Ricmaz!!!!!!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7604 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

It looks like i have some trouble with my herman lane. It's totaly bent. Would not be so bad, but now it is pressing against the ramp opto.
Do you know what would be the best way to straighten out the lane? Had anybody this Problem before?
I put in some red lines, i hope you can see what i mean.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Contact Stern.
This will be an issue on everyone’s game.
They can come out with a fix maybe similar to Ghostbusters.

Send them the pictures and explain everyone is having the issue.

Thx

#7605 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

It looks like i have some trouble with my herman lane. It's totaly bent. Would not be so bad, but now it is pressing against the ramp opto.
Do you know what would be the best way to straighten out the lane? Had anybody this Problem before?
I put in some red lines, i hope you can see what i mean.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just looked at mine and sure enough it is bent as well. That is a really long wire guide that gets hit really hard often. Mines not touching the opto yet but could be doing it soon. Will be watching it now for sure.

#7606 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Just looked at mine and sure enough it is bent as well. That is a really long wire guide that gets hit really hard often. Mines not touching the opto yet but could be doing it soon. Will be watching it now for sure.

Everyone send in information to Stern then they will come up with a fix.

Thx

#7607 4 years ago

The more we pay for these machines, the cheaper the part become. CrAzY

#7608 4 years ago

Mine is bent also.

#7609 4 years ago

Yeh mine is bent too. Will send Stern an email as well.

#7610 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Mine does not look bent but it is barely pressing against the optos. I will be keeping my eyes on, as well.

EDIT: Who do you email at Stern? I have Chas's email, but is there a particular email we can go to to really get visibility?

#7611 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Mine does not look bent but it is barely pressing against the optos. I will be keeping my eyes on, as well.
EDIT: Who do you email at Stern? I have Chas's email, but is there a particular email we can go to to really get visibility?

I think if everyone sends Chas an email along with a picture of bent guide they will get the point and do something.

#7612 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I think if everyone sends Chas an email along with a picture of bent guide they will get the point and do something.

I'll take pic and do this tomorrow. Safety in numbers, so to speak.

#7613 4 years ago

For those that don’t have Chas email:
[email protected]

#7614 4 years ago
Quoted from Homebru:

I had the same issue. Got the message Welcome to Munsters. 2x Grandpa then nothing. I also have an LE.

Did you get it to work?

I entered flipper code, got the Welcome message. Then I hit grandpa scoop twice and I get nothing too.

Do you have to wait until the scoop is lighted up? Also, do you have to complete anything on the lower playfield? Then wait until the scoop lights again to hit it. Nothing else?

#7615 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Did you get it to work?
I entered flipper code, got the Welcome message. Then I hit grandpa scoop twice and I get nothing too.
Do you have to wait until the scoop is lighted up? Also, do you have to complete anything on the lower playfield? Then wait until the scoop lights again to hit it. Nothing else?

Incorrect response deleted.

#7616 4 years ago

I got it to work on my premium. Started game then entered code to get "Welcome to the Munsters". Then hit stand Up's to light grandpa scoop. Hit scoop to start lower playfield, get to Multiball and play till time ran out and return to upper playfield. Hit stand Up's to re-light grandpa scoop, then shoot scoop and got secret Mania message on screen

#7617 4 years ago
Quoted from Jasonba:

I got it to work on my premium. Started game then entered code to get "Welcome to the Munsters". Then hit stand Up's to light grandpa scoop. Hit scoop to start lower playfield, get to Multiball and play till time ran out and return to upper playfield. Hit stand Up's to re-light grandpa scoop, then shoot scoop and got secret Mania message on screen

Did you hit all 4 stand ups before going to grandpas scoop each time?

#7618 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Did you hit all 4 stand ups before going to grandpas scoop each time?

Pretty sure I only hit one of them and the scoop lit. I guess as long as the scoop is lit it should work

#7619 4 years ago

100% works on LE...enter code, hit stand-ups, get Grandpa Jackpot to light...wash rinse repeat to get down there again.

New callouts, timed mode, chasing to complete characters. Fun clips tied to the mode in there as well.

It doesn't need to be combined w Midnight or Munster Madness modes, but suspect that would be insane....a great mode that I'm sure will live gameplay without flipper code at some point

#7620 4 years ago
Quoted from Jasonba:

Pretty sure I only hit one of them and the scoop lit. I guess as long as the scoop is lit it should work

Yep...launches on 2nd time...can get there w Grandpa alone

#7621 4 years ago

Our on our LE, first try entering code, hitting Grandpa scoop twice, it didn’t work; however we inadvertently had Spot mode running at the same time.
Second time, we did the same thing and it ran the secret mode. We didn’t last long but it was very cool none the less.

This secret mode and Midnight Madness should at the very least should be added into regular gameplay.

Still holding hope for additional theme integration and further deepening of rules.

We’re still digging the game but fingers crossed there’s more enhancements to follow.

#7622 4 years ago

Hi, went to the Stern site to order a topper, free shipping!, when I went to check out it says "sold out". are they done making them or is this related to the current closure from Covid? thanks.

#7623 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

For those that don’t have Chas email:
[email protected]

Thanks for Chas's email address. I just sent him a pic of my ball guide riding the optos.

#7624 4 years ago
Quoted from davej:

Hi, went to the Stern site to order a topper, free shipping!, when I went to check out it says "sold out". are they done making them or is this related to the current closure from Covid? thanks.

Been sold out for months.... was told new batch coming...but that was months ago...

#7625 4 years ago

Can anyone give me a strategy for Munster Madness? I work so hard to get there but it happens often enough that I just feel like I'm flailing away. Someone once told me to ignore the upper playfield and work the lower.

The display says "Complete the shots before time runs out."
How long is the time?
Is there a timer visible?
Do any shots extend it?
I see the green shots on the upper and lower are lit first. Then the blue shots are lit, then the yellow shots are lit. Is it progressing to the other colors because the shots are being made?

Still loving the game, but the Madness is truly madness here. Any tips?

#7626 4 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Can anyone give me a strategy for Munster Madness? I work so hard to get there but it happens often enough that I just feel like I'm flailing away. Someone once told me to ignore the upper playfield and work the lower.
The display says "Complete the shots before time runs out."
How long is the time?
Is there a timer visible?
Do any shots extend it?
I see the green shots on the upper and lower are lit first. Then the blue shots are lit, then the yellow shots are lit. Is it progressing to the other colors because the shots are being made?
Still loving the game, but the Madness is truly madness here. Any tips?

I'm in the minority but I dont like both playfields going at the same time. It's too chaotic and not much fun imo

#7627 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm in the minority but I dont like both playfields going at the same time. It's too chaotic and not much fun imo

I have had my lower play field turned off for 2-3 months. So, it does not light up, but when I get Munster Madness, I can see the two small balls bouncing around in there. So, the ball launcher still works but I cannot swear to if the flippers are working, or not.

No matter what you do, the lower play field is still have balls launching. Just forget about it and concentrate on the upper play field and let the lower play field take care of itself. It will not cast you any points.

#7628 4 years ago

Check this wire form out also.
Is yours coming into contact with sensor board? This one is near the kitty shot.

D188532C-181C-4325-B76C-2147FDB73A7C (resized).jpegD188532C-181C-4325-B76C-2147FDB73A7C (resized).jpeg
#7629 4 years ago

My wire form by Herman is bent and touching the opto as well. I know its probably not supposed to be that way but it almost looks like maybe it should be bent to help the ball not come off of it and go sdtm. Is this possible?

#7630 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

My wire form by Herman is bent and touching the opto as well. I know its probably not supposed to be that way but it almost looks like maybe it should be bent to help the ball not come off of it and go sdtm. Is this possible?

My Herman wireform has a slight curve as well. Maybe it is intentional.

#7631 4 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Mine does aswell

#7632 4 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I mean if you look at it it kinda makes sense that it would help the ball roll out to the right flipper but it also appears to be smashed into that opto for the left ramp and that doesn't look good.

#7633 4 years ago

Mine looks like it's really close to touching the two solder joints on the opto board. I'm going to put a piece of one sided stick foam against that opto just in case.

#7634 4 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

The curve looks to be intentional. The problem is the wire is riding the ramp optos.

IMG_3347 (resized).JPGIMG_3347 (resized).JPG

#7635 4 years ago

We need someone with a new game or a very low play game to see what theirs looks like.

#7636 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

We need someone with a new game or a very low play game to see what theirs looks like.

642 games on mine, both wire guards completely straight. Have no idea...even dried wax in the middle of the long one that I missed wiping off prior. Just not getting ball shots there...

For whatever reason, my guides are not bent...and I play the game...alot ( not as much as back in honeymoon phase, however)

#7637 4 years ago

326 games on mine, had it since mid December. Looks just like Cotton's in the pic

#7638 4 years ago

I'm going to make a guess:

Some of the wire guides were just a few thousandths too long ands the installer tweaked the guides just a little so they would fit. Either the wire guide was not bent correctly or the holes in the play field was drilled just a little bit off.

Assembly lines always have mistakes when the unit is going down the line. Stern is no different, but I don't think Stern has very many inspectors looking things over as much as they should be.

OTOH, inspectors can be put in a hard place. Things are supposed to be correct but unless management is serious about quality, woe be to the inspector who shuts down the line.

In the aircraft industry, inspectors were like God--and some let it go to their head. In the pinball industry, I'm no so sure .

#7639 4 years ago

Legit guess... I've had this game around a year now...and despite everything, am quite sure they cranked quite a few out. Tolerances can certainly vary...

#7640 4 years ago

Hard to believe this should be curved.
But let’s see what Stern says.....should know soon.

#7641 4 years ago

I took of my plastics and straightend the wire out. But i can see that it is bending again. But i guess in 100games it will look again as before. I wouldn't mind the bend wire, Problem is Opto that is touching the bent wire. On the straightend wire, it's near but enough space to not touch.
I will need a fix there, either we get something from stern, or i need to construct something on my own. Was thinking of the post under Herman spotlight.
Something 3D Printed that will extend the post (double wide) to the wire and hold it in place there. Something like in the Picture, but i am not a good CAD guy, will take some time.

Even if the Cables to not shear off, there is still the possibily that the opto will touch the wire and shorten out. Instant SPOT. Or it will touch the opto when you shoot Herman. This was the case with my cables off i think i had this issue. The Opto and the nodeboard shortened and i had additional light show, with the lights going off and going on again, randomly Herman Multiball started, even when i did not hit the ball in front of Herman, Spot Spelling with even hitting SPOT...

replacement (resized).jpgreplacement (resized).jpg
#7642 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Here my LE. No bending, not curved. Not touching opto but there is only about 1mm space.
20200407_094643 (resized).jpg20200407_094643 (resized).jpg
20200407_095144 (resized).jpg20200407_095144 (resized).jpg

#7643 4 years ago

Whoop Whoop!! - It’s been shipped!!

5B615C02-14A2-4EEA-BA7F-263BE9CBF4CF (resized).jpeg5B615C02-14A2-4EEA-BA7F-263BE9CBF4CF (resized).jpeg

#7644 4 years ago

My LE is slightly bent.low plays... < 400. Anyone hear back..?

mun (resized).JPGmun (resized).JPG
#7645 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Whoop Whoop!! - It’s been shipped!!
[quoted image]

Boy I hope you get it and its a good one.. after all the issues I think I am going to pass... $500 is lot of $$

#7646 4 years ago

I ordered a topper. Hell yeah it is expensive but it well integrated into game. Hope mine has no issues!

#7647 4 years ago

My topper has worked well from day one. So think you can order with confidence. I know some had issues early on, but this topper is well integrated into the game and is a “game” changer in added fun. I’m not a fan of toppers in general, as they usually only light up and have plastic unneeded bits on top. Munsters topper is part of the game and does so many cool things.

1. Character lights up while in their mode.
2. Raven announces the hour.
3. Raven pops out to heckle in Raven mode.
4. Raven countdowns.
5. Raven spouts end of ball sequence at times.

I just received a nice email from someone at Stern (name I’m not going to mention) saying specifically, part of the new code update will include more call outs, more of Grandpa, Eddie and Herman too.

So think the topper is only going to get better. Only other topper that comes close to this topper on the market imo, is BK3.

5C4628AC-B7FC-440C-AAE5-8CE464DBEE50 (resized).jpeg5C4628AC-B7FC-440C-AAE5-8CE464DBEE50 (resized).jpeg
#7648 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

...I just received a nice email from someone at Stern (name I’m not going to mention) saying specifically, part of the new code update will include more call outs, more of Grandpa, Eddie and Herman too...[quoted image]

Any word on ETA?

#7649 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

I took of my plastics and straightend the wire out...[quoted image]

How hard is it to bend back?

#7650 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

My topper has worked well from day one. So think you can order with confidence. I know some had issues early on, but this topper is well integrated into the game and is a “game” changer in added fun. I’m not a fan of toppers in general, as they usually only light up and have plastic unneeded bits on top. Munsters topper is part of the game and does so many cool things.
1. Character lights up while in their mode.
2. Raven announces the hour.
3. Raven pops out to heckle in Raven mode.
4. Raven countdowns.
5. Raven spouts end of ball sequence at times.
I just received a nice email from someone at Stern (name I’m not going to mention) saying specifically, part of the new code update will include more call outs, more of Grandpa, Eddie and Herman too.
So think the topper is only going to get better. Only other topper that comes close to this topper on the market imo, is BK3.[quoted image]

Great news!!! And yes, topper is amazing...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/153?hl=aussiegeorge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.