IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 237.
#7501 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Hi Munster Madness is triggered with completing all 5 modes, Herman, Raven, Lily, Spot Grandpa
Secret Mania needs to be activated. You do the Flipper code for DAD = 4 1 4 = BLLLLRLRLLLLRR
B=Both
L=Left
R=Right
This needs to be done in an active game, not the attract mode.
For muliplayer it has to be done for each player individual. The Code will persist the whole game. If a ball drains it will still be active for the next Ball.
The last think i know on my pro machine is to go into grandpas lab when it is lit. I there needs to be done more before, because on a lot of games this only was net enough.
Secret Mania is a fun little mode. You need to chase all 5 Family Members like it was said in the code update file:
– Added Secret Mania – You need a code. The first clue of the code is findable
– Each of the 5 family members has an area:
– Lily: the LILY bank
– Eddie: Either Orbit
– Herman: Herman toy
– Grandpa: Left ramp
– Marilyn: Right ramp
– Shoot each area to collect them. Collect all 5 for a bonus.

Well done!!!

#7502 4 years ago

Outstanding!!!

Can’t wait to test this out tonite.

Thanks for your hard work on this!

#7503 4 years ago

What is all this stuff that you all are talking about codes and stuff? It all sounds like some secret handshake BS puzzle.

#7504 4 years ago

It is great fun and really adds a sorely needed mode to Munsters. Really hoping there are many more like this to come.

#7505 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Hi Munster Madness is triggered with completing all 5 modes, Herman, Raven, Lily, Spot Grandpa
Secret Mania needs to be activated. You do the Flipper code for DAD = 4 1 4 = BLLLLRLRLLLLRR
B=Both
L=Left
R=Right
This needs to be done in an active game, not the attract mode.
For muliplayer it has to be done for each player individual. The Code will persist the whole game. If a ball drains it will still be active for the next Ball.
The last think i know on my pro machine is to go into grandpas lab when it is lit. I there needs to be done more before, because on a lot of games this only was net enough.
Secret Mania is a fun little mode. You need to chase all 5 Family Members like it was said in the code update file:

Bravo!!! Going to go at it tonight...hidden surprises for a fame w " no code"...too cool!!!

#7506 4 years ago

Finally sold The Munsters LE it left the house. I have tried since September. I took a 3k loss in Australia dropping it basically $250 a week until it sold. Someone said after i sold it that now Stern will get code updated as they have lockdown etc. I don't think they will i think they will be working on the current machines and machines for future release why go backwards. Anyway i didn't hate the game it was just very about jackpots and no real point. Shots were great though. If they ever do the code awesome and will pick a pro up down the track. Anyway cashed up now and looking at an Elvira after lockdown as we can not ship over boarders at the moment unless essential. Or the cash i have now will keep me afloat until this economic war is over. Be safe everyone and play as much as you can now as there should be no excuses.

#7507 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Finally sold The Munsters LE it left the house. I have tried since September. I took a 3k loss in Australia dropping it basically $250 a week until it sold. Someone said after i sold it that now Stern will get code updated as they have lockdown etc. I don't think they will i think they will be working on the current machines and machines for future release why go backwards. Anyway i didn't hate the game it was just very about jackpots and no real point. Shots were great though. If they ever do the code awesome and will pick a pro up down the track. Anyway cashed up now and looking at an Elvira after lockdown as we can not ship over boarders at the moment unless essential. Or the cash i have now will keep me afloat until this economic war is over. Be safe everyone and play as much as you can now as there should be no excuses.

Did you get a chance to play secret mania before it left?

#7508 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What is all this stuff that you all are talking about codes and stuff? It all sounds like some secret handshake BS puzzle.

Well its definitely not a handshake!

I got to play it once so far. Very cool secret mode.

#7509 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

Well its definitely not a handshake!
I got to play it once so far. Very cool secret mode.

I went back and starting reading the posts with secret codes by pressing the flipper buttons. And there is a copy of Playghoul that I do not know where that came from.

My question? Am I really missing anything? I'm not trying to be churlish. I am just completely clueless.

#7510 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I went back and starting reading the posts with secret codes by pressing the flipper buttons. And there is a copy of Playghoul that I do not know where that came from.
My question? Am I really missing anything? I'm not trying to be churlish. I am just completely clueless.

Lol man I am totally with you Cotton. I hate to sound like a f'ing dumbass but why wouldnt they have just put this other mode or whatever it is in the damn game since the game is already considered to be one of the worse coded games in pinball history?

#7511 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Did you get a chance to play secret mania before it left?

No mate was to busy fixing all the little problems it had. Nothing major but wanted it perfect for the new buyer. I have a mate that owns one i will have a go on that.

#7512 4 years ago

I see all these new posts and think a code drop! With a trembling finger on the mouse anticipating a stern pinball nirvana approaching in these difficult times I click the Munsters thread but nothing much except people selling at a steep discount (sorry noob a tron).

How about we get all owners to kick in 250$ and get Lyman on the job and get this where it should be?

Everyone wins...owners
sellers
distros
stern

The original programmer can be the water boy, jock strap holder while the master fixes this.

#7513 4 years ago

At this point I'd pitch in

#7514 4 years ago

I was joking about the handshake because it violates social distancing.
Cabal broke the code and details it best in post #7500. As far as I can tell the Playghoul thing never turned out to be part of the clues.

#7515 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

At this point I'd pitch in

Not for Dwight, but for Lyman hell yeah!!!!

#7516 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol man I am totally with you Cotton. I hate to sound like a f'ing dumbass but why wouldnt they have just put this other mode or whatever it is in the damn game since the game is already considered to be one of the worse coded games in pinball history?

I don't know Who-Dey. But judging from the mountain of answers I have been seeing posted to my question, it looks nobody else knows what the fuck is going, either

#7517 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I don't know Who-Dey. But judging from the mountain of answers I have been seeing posted to my question, it looks nobody else knows what the fuck is going, either

you can skip all the posts above. Finding the Secret Mania mode was little quest going on. Nobody knew how to start it. but that is solved now.
if you want to skip the quest you can just right jump into the fun.

To Start Secret Mania do in Gameplay this sequence of button presses:
Both Buttons,
Left Button,
Left Button,
Left Button,
Left Button,
Right Button,
Left Button,
Right Button,
Left Button,
Left Button,
Left Button,
Left Button,
Right Button,
Right Button,

After that a message will be shown "Welcome to the Munsters"
now do 2 times grandpa mode and the little secret mania mode will be started.

I like what they have done here, they have hidden a little mode and an additional quest how to reach it. It's all about this easter egg stuff, either you like them or not. I am a fan of them.
Same with midnight madness mode, it's a total loss if you do not play on midnight, but if you reach it's so funny. The dark light show and the sound scheme is nice.

#7518 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

you can skip all the posts above. Finding the Secret Mania mode was little quest going on. Nobody knew how to start it. but that is solved now.
Both Buttons,
Left Button,
Left Button,
Left Button,
Left Button,
Right Button,
Left Button,
Right Button,
Left Button,
Left Button,
Left Button,
Left Button,
Right Button,
Right Button,
I like what they have done here, they have hidden a little mode and an additional quest how to reach it. It's all about this easter egg stuff, either you like them or not. I am a fan of them.
Same with midnight madness mode, it's a total loss if you do not play on midnight, but if you reach it's so funny. The dark light show and the sound scheme is nice.

What do you mean when you say "do two times grandpa mode"?

#7519 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What do you mean when you say "do two times grandpa mode"?

Grandpa (On the PRO)
How to start Enlarging Ray
1. Hit blinking purple targets until GRANDPA′S LABORATORY is
blinking.
2. Shoot the hole where GRANDPA′S LABORATORY is blinking

on the prem i think you have to complete then the lower playfield?

when the 2nd time Grandpas laboratory is blinking you should get secret mania instead of Grandpa mode.

#7520 4 years ago

All these new posts showing, I thought there was a new code drop I missed.
Back to the waiting room I guess.

#7521 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

All these new posts showing, I thought there was a new code drop I missed.
Back to the waiting room I guess.

Waiting room for all of us Sqizz. This is only a small ray of sunshine fun. Munsters has soooooo much untapped potential locked away by Dwight. Hopefully Dwight will see the light and be given the time by Stern to get us what we deserve after paying so much for Munsters. It has it all, except deep show material modes, which is what most of us are yearning to have.

#7522 4 years ago

First congrats to Cabal for leading the charge on finding the secret mode!!!! Well done. Pretty cool mode!

I just played the secret mode and Midnight Madness back to back. Both are really great modes! Just re affirms the potential on this game. Dwight could get both these modes more accessible in game play (Versus waiting till midnight on the game clock and putting in codes), add about 6 to 10 more of these type modes, more Ravin quotes, more variability on the mini play field modes, more integrated scenes, more of the imbedded quotes/call outs and some of the creative magic he put in the latest GOT/GB updates and bingo!!!!

#7523 4 years ago

Learn the strategy..

Learn the drain vectors..

Chop wood.

Aren't all pinball games like this? I think you guys are letting your fantasies impact your expectations. I love my Munsters pro.. and I'm comparing it against my TAF, LOTR and TSPP. I've owned about 50+ pinballs over just the past decade. Believe me when I tell you they all become chopping wood once you master the strategy and drain vectors. I still love playing pinball, but these days, I don't expect to be overwhelmed with amazement every time I play.

astonished (resized).pngastonished (resized).png
#7524 4 years ago

Secret Mania after once activated should be chosable via menu. A point where you can chose to activate it permanently.

#7525 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Both Buttons,
Left Button,
Left Button,
Left Button,
Left Button,
Right Button,
Left Button,
Right Button,
Left Button,
Left Button,
Left Button,
Left Button,
Right Button,
Right Button,

Great little mode, thanks for sharing the details

#7526 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Both Buttons,
Left Button,
Left Button,
Left Button,
Left Button,
Right Button,
Left Button,
Right Button,
Left Button,
Left Button,
Left Button,
Left Button,
Right Button,
Right Button,

Yes Thank you Thank you

Awesome mode

77D9DD1E-CFE7-4B6C-A8B0-49B9156BB634 (resized).jpeg77D9DD1E-CFE7-4B6C-A8B0-49B9156BB634 (resized).jpeg
#7527 4 years ago

Just played secret mania mode, very cool! Why on earth would they not put this in the game?? I'm surprised that you guys were able to figure it out, well done! Give this game some more love Dwight!!!!

#7528 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just played secret mania mode, very cool! Why on earth would they not out this in the game?? I'm surprised that you guys were able to figure it out, well done! Give this game some more love Dwight!!!!

Agreed, should be in the game without having to hunt for it. Just think, if Dwight and Stern had given Munsters all the love it deserves codewise, it would have won more than just best art package in the TWIPY awards. Should have won way more, but the infamous Dwight (perceived) shallow code has held it back to this point.

#7529 4 years ago

Does anyone know if you have to have the most current code to activate this?

#7530 4 years ago

Where can you buy a Munsters pro playfield? I looked and all I can find is a rejected playfield on Ebay.

#7531 4 years ago

It seems to be added from 0.91 version on:
PRO V0.91 – January 28, 2019
============================
Fixed:
– Fixed issue where the playfield multipliers would not reset if they were
bumped during the grace period.
– Enlarging Ray from mystery will now complete Grandpa.
– Adjustment to disable SPOT was spelled wrong
– Fixed an issue while entering initials with 10 characters turned on

New:
– Added Midnight Madness – Set your clock and start playing just before

#7532 4 years ago

Huge Thank You!

20200329_120344 (resized).jpg20200329_120344 (resized).jpg
#7533 4 years ago

Is Secret Mania PRO exclusive?

#7534 4 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

i only have a pro, but i think others have tested with prem and le. It shold work there too.
"Grandpa (On the PRO) " was the first description i found, if you are refering to this.

#7535 4 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

No - works on all versions...

#7536 4 years ago

I didn't collect all of the characters in Secret Mania, only was able to get 4 of them so I have two questions.

#1 if you are say on ball 2 and you drain your ball before collecting all of the characters, does the mode continue into your next ball?

#2 what happens if you do collect all 5 of the characters? Is the mode over at that point?

#7537 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I didn't collect all of the characters in Secret Mania, only was able to get 4 of them so I have two questions.
#1 if you are say on ball 2 and you drain your ball before collecting all of the characters, does the mode continue into your next ball?
#2 what happens if you do collect all 5 of the characters? Is the mode over at that point?

I’ve played it quite a few times now:

#1 Does not carry over to next ball (I think)

#2 If you collect all five characters, mode is over and you receive some bonus points.

Now with every push of the start button, I have to go through the sequence to activate mania every time. Hope Dwight will fix that, now that the cat is out of the bag. Since it is no longer a “Secret Mania”. And please give us one of the other scant few modes, Midnight madness! Never up till midnight or I have to trick my machine to come on earlier and then the topper coo-coo clock no longer displays the correct hour. Sheeesh, come on Dwight.

#7538 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I’ve played it quite a few times now:
#1 Does not carry over to next ball (I think)
#2 If you collect all five characters, mode is over and you receive some bonus points.
Now with every push of the start button, I have to go through the sequence to activate mania every time. Hope Dwight will fix that, now that the cat is out of the bag. Since it is no longer a “Secret Mania”. And please give us one of the other scant few modes, Midnight madness! Never up till midnight or I have to trick my machine to come on earlier and then the topper coo-coo clock no longer displays the correct hour. Sheeesh, come on Dwight.

Once Secret Mania is unlocked, it should just be part of the game without having to do the sequence every time. Similar to Metallica, once you reach 'End Of The Line' it unlocks it on the song list.

#7539 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

Once Secret Mania is unlocked, it should just be part of the game without having to do the sequence every time. Similar to Metallica, once you reach 'End Of The Line' it unlocks it on the song list.

Interesting. How do you start the mode once it’s “part of the game?”

#7540 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Interesting. How do you start the mode once it’s “part of the game?”

It just adds the song to the playlist but it doesn't change the modes (from what I understand as I've never made it myself)

#7541 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

It just adds the song to the playlist but it doesn't change the modes (from what I understand as I've never made it myself)

So just the song is unlocked? You still have to do the flipper code to actually play the mode though? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding.

#7542 4 years ago

Let’s see how the Twipy’s for Munsters should have been, if Lyman had done the code (mind you, Dwight can and should do it, like he did for SW, if Stern would do the right thing and give him the time):

Best toys and gimmicks - Munsters is loaded with them. Is there any better toy than a full fledged mini lower playfield...compete pinball machine by itself? Allows double multi ball experience all at the same time, that no other machine ever made can compete. 4 flipper buttons.

Best theme - Is there a better one than the classic Universal Monsters??? WW better theme? Not a chance for pinball enthusiasts.

Best call outs and music - Munsters show music was made for pinball and all the other 60s period type music! Fantastic music and Paul Lynde voice acting.

Best artwork - Actually won that category, nothing else comes close.

Layout and design - Best ramps and one of the best layouts in the business. Best super skill shot in the business. Shoots fast and has a Kinetic feel to it.

Favorite Pinball topper - This topper is tough to beat as it is so well integrated into the game. The Raven straight from the show. Best heckler ever created.

Best Lightshow - Great light show with Munsters green light Gi and jewel tone inserts, gives theme feeling and meaningful game play, not just a pretty box of lights alone, like the one which won.

Game of the Year - Would have been a serious contender for game of the year if Dwight hadn’t been up to bat. He needs to make this game come to the standard it is in all other parts of it, a serious contender to JP2.

Best theme integration - Okay strike one - Dwight let us down. Not much in the way of show material.

Best Animations and Display - Strike two - again Dwight let us down. There are so many Munsters show material to use, pitiful Dwight used so little. Lilly, Eddy, Marilyn where are you?

Best Rules - Strike 3 - Dwight let us down here too, with little actual show footage rules and modes in the game. So much show comic material to add it is incredible.

There you have it, Munsters could have been (with some added software improvements By Dwight), “Game of the Year”!

(Sent a copy of this to all the powers at Stern - )

#7543 4 years ago

I agree with many of your comments...

#7544 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

So just the song is unlocked? You still have to do the flipper code to actually play the mode though? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding.

Maybe it's not a great comparison. I just wish that once the Secret Mania is played on a machine that you no longer had to enter the flipper code at the start of a each new game. After its discover, who would ever want to play without this additional mode in the game.

#7545 4 years ago

Well it wouldn't be a secret now if you didn't have to enter a code, would it?

Quoted from Jaeg:

Maybe it's not a great comparison. I just wish that once the Secret Mania is played on a machine that you no longer had to enter the flipper code at the start of a each new game. After its discover, who would ever want to play without this additional mode in the game.

#7546 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Well it wouldn't be a secret now if you didn't have to enter a code, would it?

What he is saying is that it would be nice if once you have achieved secret mania you would not be required to put the code in to play it as it would not be a “secret” anymore

#7547 4 years ago

I got lucky and was able to rent a Batman 66 for the month and it sits nicely next to Munsters. Every game of Batman just makes us wish the Munsters was on the same kind of update path. Without a theme or code, I definitely would pick Munsters layout and it's just fun to shoot. That right ramp on BM feels like it'll snap at any moment and feels much cheaper than Munsters overall. The continue the story or cash in on Batman is so cool and they could do something like that in Munsters. Have real video of Lily cleaning/doing chores instead of that creepy animation. We know the footage is there, heck it's all in the end game cut scenes. I'll hang in for a while longer and hope something materializes code wise, plus when people come to play they seem to like it a bit better over Jurassic Park. The setup for Midnight Madness shows what good theme integration could do.

#7548 4 years ago

I have a LE and decided to try secret mania. I took the glass off entered the code and the screen said
Welcome to the Munsters. I played grandpa 2 times but nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong ?

#7549 4 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I have a LE and decided to try secret mania. I took the glass off entered the code and the screen said
Welcome to the Munsters. I played grandpa 2 times but nothing happens.
What am I doing wrong ?

What software version are you using?
I Thunderbird has a Premium and he got it working, maybe he can give more detailed informatin how it works on the Prem/LE versions.
With the text Message "Welcome to the Munsters" it should be activated. Did you try it in Multiplayer? Then you need to activate it for each player separatly.
"Played Grandpa 2 Times" you went trough and it played the Lower Playfield in your LE 2 Times?
On the Pro i only need to play it one time, and next time when grandpa is lit, it will not play a 2nd time, it starts the secret mania instead.

#7550 4 years ago

Can anybody give me an opinion on the Stern Munsters topper?

Is it worth the price? Is it reliable?

It certainly looks cool.

Also is Stern still shipping accessories?

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/151?hl=halfwasted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.