IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 237.
#7451 4 years ago

What flipper code gets you the Apricot clue?

#7452 4 years ago

It’s my understanding the codes are associated with letters and each code has three letters. The numbers are their position in the alphabet.

So 26 would be the highest number.

So the flipper code for ZZZ would be:

Both flippers once
L 26 times
R once
L 26 times
R once
L 26 times
R twice to confirm.

#7453 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s my understanding the codes are associated with letters and each code has three letters. The numbers are their position in the alphabet.
Both flippers once
L 26 times
R once
L 26 times
R once
L 26 times
R twice to confirm.

Hi chuck,
yes thats what i am thinking too, would make the search much more complicated, we are then speaking of 3^26 possibilities for Flippercodes instead of 3^10.
But on the other side i have not found any flipper code in Munsters that has a higher number of nine. Maybe coincidence or they are lazy and don't want to put in codes with higher numbers
So i am still hoping the secret mania will still be in the range of 111-999, that a word was uses with letters fromt he beginning of the alphabet.

so hope we are now searching for Herman that translates into a three letter word or Number:
https://scrabble.merriam.com/3-letter-words
it's showing 1095 possibilities

#7454 4 years ago

Just found this threaded spacer below the play field along with a broken piece of plastic from Herman's cover piece, I cant find where the spacer would have come from. Anyone recognize?

8245750A-226E-474E-83F3-3ABC59643E4F (resized).jpeg8245750A-226E-474E-83F3-3ABC59643E4F (resized).jpegA47FAABA-7B61-458B-AFB9-E57D143B8926 (resized).jpegA47FAABA-7B61-458B-AFB9-E57D143B8926 (resized).jpeg277CC417-1424-47A2-A792-2E7A6393382C (resized).jpeg277CC417-1424-47A2-A792-2E7A6393382C (resized).jpeg
#7455 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaketime81:

Just found this threaded spacer below the play field along with a broken piece of plastic from Herman's cover piece, I cant find where the spacer would have come from. Anyone recognize?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yep search this forum to find the fix.

#7456 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaketime81:

Just found this threaded spacer below the play field along with a broken piece of plastic from Herman's cover piece, I cant find where the spacer would have come from. Anyone recognize?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Call stern and make a claim. They have a fix for the herman plastic. They will send you a new plastic and the metal that goes under it. To help prevent the plastic from being broke again.

#7457 4 years ago

That spacer looks like the counter weight for spots trap door. It attaches to the door under the ramp which may have to be removed. Look to see if it's threaded on both ends. Also look for two screws.

#7458 4 years ago

Got my lower playfield fixed where the balls were getting stuck behind "the machine" and gave everything a good cleaning, man what a gorgeous ass looking game Munsters is! Its also a lot more fun now that I dont have to worry about the balls getting hung up.

I did find this problem with the Spot coil though under the playfield. The plastic piece is loose that the wires connect to, any suggestions?

20200318_025035 (resized).jpg20200318_025035 (resized).jpg20200318_025041 (resized).jpg20200318_025041 (resized).jpg
#7459 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Got my lower playfield fixed where the balls were getting stuck behind "the machine" and gave everything a good cleaning, man what a gorgeous ass looking game Munsters is! Its also a lot more fun now that I dont have to worry about the balls getting hung up.
I did find this problem with the Spot coil though under the playfield. The plastic piece is loose that the wires connect to, any suggestions?[quoted image][quoted image]

That is normal for the coil to move around like that. There are 2 screws on the side that lock the coil in place. Make sure they are there and are on tight.

Have fun!

#7460 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I did find this problem with the Spot coil though under the playfield. The plastic piece is loose that the wires connect to, any suggestions?[quoted image][quoted image]

If coil is loose no problem there.

If you are saying the square plastic (coil base) is separated from the rest of the coil plastic bobbin then that would be a problem.

#7461 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

If coil is loose no problem there.
If you are saying the square plastic (coil base) is separated from the rest of the coil plastic bobbin then that would be a problem.

You can move the plastic piece left to right, it doesn't come off of there or anything like that, just moves left to right. The other coils dont do that.

#7462 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You can move the plastic piece left to right, it doesn't come off of there or anything like that, just moves left to right. The other coils dont do that.

Without looking at mine most metal coil brackets have 2 screws on the back with slotted holes. Loosen the screws and smash the bracket against coil and tighten if it bugs you. Not required if everything is working with coil.

#7463 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Both flippers once
L 26 times
R once
L 26 times
R once
L 26 times
R twice to confirm.

Would you please explain this using the word “Herman” as the code? In other words, how would Herman translate in flipper presses? Has anyone tried this yet?

#7464 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Without looking at mine most metal coil brackets have 2 screws on the back with slotted holes. Loosen the screws and smash the bracket against coil and tighten if it bugs you. Not required if everything is working with coil.

It doesn't bug me, I just thought maybe something broke.

#7465 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Would you please explain this using the word “Herman” as the code? In other words, how would Herman translate in flipper presses? Has anyone tried this yet?

Hi,

yes thats the big question, i only got this as clue. I know what ever has "HERMAN" to do with munsters. It's like what has bender to do with Futurama and so on. On the Word and Character "Herman" i am working since the beginning on the quest for secret mania.
And i am breaking my head how we could translate that or other words that have connection to herman will translate into a flipper code.
i tried herman as a direct flipper code, with a letter translation like chuck said A=1, B=2, C=3 and so on until Z=26
no luck there.

Peter

#7466 4 years ago

With having to be indoors we've been doing more pinball nights here at the house and we've been noticing quite a few bugs with multi player modes. One of the big ones is that grandpa will suddenly be relit on the next ball after having been completed on the previous ball that drained without re qualifying. Happened to my son and I in the same game. Also the mystery light won't be lit for everybody and sometimes lit twice for player 1. I got raven and herman hurry up on ball one and ball two in the last game we played. I usually play alone so have not seen these issues until now. Really strange stuff with multi player.

#7467 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You need a spring washer to add some tightness to it. Or, as mentioned, there might be a couple of screws you can loosen and adjust.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/242-5103-00

Actually you could probably place one or two pieces of masking tape on the end of the bobbin to help tighten it up. Or you might even be able to remove the coil and tweak the bracket a little bit.

Is it the end of the world if your coil is moving around? No. But a loose coil can rob the plunger of full movement if there is a lot of slop what you are showing is not a big deal. Still, it is better if the coils are tight.

#7468 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It doesn’t. It’s got 6 letters. Does anyone have Herman’s initials? If so, then you’re in business.

#7469 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It doesn’t. It’s got 6 letters. Does anyone have Herman’s initials? If so, then you’re in business.

I tried researching if Herman had a middle name but came up short

#7470 4 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I tried researching if Herman had a middle name but came up short

Well there are only 26 combinations H*M.

Also maybe just HM.

Also maybe Fred Gwynne’s initials?

#7471 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Well there are only 26 combinations H*M.
Also maybe just HM.
Also maybe Fred Gwynne’s initials?

FHG (Gwynne's initials) did not work for me. It was a good idea.

#7472 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:Hi,
yes thats the big question, i only got this as clue. I know what ever has "HERMAN" to do with munsters. It's like what has bender to do with Futurama and so on. On the Word and Character "Herman" i am working since the beginning on the quest for secret mania.
And i am breaking my head how we could translate that or other words that have connection to herman will translate into a flipper code.
i tried herman as a direct flipper code, with a letter translation like chuck said A=1, B=2, C=3 and so on until Z=26
no luck there.
Peter

What about - HIM or HER ?

#7473 4 years ago
Quoted from oldpins:

What about - HIM or HER ?

HIM = 8 9 13
HER = 8 5 18

don't work but nice ideas.

#7474 4 years ago

tried some more,
aah
dog
bad
big
die
guy
pig
sky
sos
son

#7475 4 years ago

man?

#7476 4 years ago

another nice one, but no
also MAF no

#7477 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

another nice one, but no
also MAF no

We must all put our heads together on this one to figure it out. Who cares Dwight said tell no one. I’m telling everyone so we can get to the bottom of this. Lol

I’ve tried the following related to Herman:

He got a hit on the head and went by John Doe Munster, so I tried:
LR - B
Left/ D - 4 - Right
Left/ O - 15- Right
Left/ E - 5 - Right
RR

J - 10
D - 4
M - 13

He was created at the University of Heidelberg
U - 21
O - 15
H - 8

None of those worked.
Any more ideas concerning the clue word “Herman”?

#7478 4 years ago

Hehehe,

too easy to find. But what a bad clue
Let's try DAD 4 1 4
then i get "only usable in gameplay"

??

#7479 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Hehehe,
too easy to find. But what a bad clue
Let's try DAD 4 1 4
then i get "only usable in gameplay"
??

I just tried that in game play and it said: Welcome to the Munsters

Is it only 3 letters at a time we can use? Can we use any more than 3?

#7480 4 years ago

I think the flipper codes depend on the programmer. And as chuck stated before normally they are like Charakters transform to Left button clicks. On the search i have done in the internet 3 letters seems to be the most common. Like the initals you put in highscore.
And on the Munster i only found with 3 letters.
It seems the code activates the "Secret Mania Trigger" in gameplay. Like when you are waiting for the ball to be kicked you can activate it.
Then the message "Welcome to the Munsters" appears to show it was sucesfull
I think there is a certain combination of gameplay that will then activate the trigger and the mode starts. So the next step happy playing and find the steps to start the mode.

#7481 4 years ago

I have 5 apron covers ready. 3 are spoken for. The other two are available to the first two pinsiders that private message me. Pricing is going to be $125 plus shipping.

If there is enough interest, I can certainly make more of them.

Rich

5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg
#7482 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

I have 5 apron covers ready. 3 are spoken for. The other two are available to the first two pinsiders that private message me. Pricing is going to be $125 plus shipping.
Rich[quoted image]

PM sent! Do you just put it on top of the existing apron?

#7483 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

Rich[quoted image]

Did you use stronger magnets to hold in place?

Also, interested in see a version for colored Munsters game. Not sure what color(s) to make it.

By the way - nice job!!

#7484 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

I think the flipper codes depend on the programmer. And as chuck stated before normally they are like Charakters transform to Left button clicks. On the search i have done in the internet 3 letters seems to be the most common. Like the initals you put in highscore.
And on the Munster i only found with 3 letters.
It seems the code activates the "Secret Mania Trigger" in gameplay. Like when you are waiting for the ball to be kicked you can activate it.
Then the message "Welcome to the Munsters" appears to show it was sucesfull
I think there is a certain combination of gameplay that will then activate the trigger and the mode starts. So the next step happy playing and find the steps to start the mode.

not sure if this can help, and if there's a link to this but :

just watching (ok i'm late i know lol) the Stranger Things series, and on season 1 episode 4, El is in the lab, and must "listen" (for dad) a man saying words... one of these words is APRICOT

!?

#7485 4 years ago

i need to be faster the next time, got only half the picture for starting

Secret_Mania_photo (resized).jpgSecret_Mania_photo (resized).jpg
#7486 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

just watching (ok i'm late i know lol) the Stranger Things series, and on season 1 episode 4, El is in the lab, and must "listen" (for dad) a man saying words... one of these words is APRICOT
!?

Have to watch the episode. We know how to start the secret mania, but the initial trigerring for the first clue is still a miracle. Maybe there is more cross reference. But would be a "STRANGE THING"
thanks for that information

#7487 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

PM sent! Do you just put it on top of the existing apron?

The cover just sits on top of the existing apron. It is held in place with magnets and re-usable Scotch brand adhesive strips. The adhesive strip stops the sliding.

#7488 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

!?

crazy its about 39 mintues into the episode. Well as german, it's even harder to connect. Its Aprikosen to Apritcot, but still the same words.

#7489 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Did you use stronger magnets to hold in place?
Also, interested in see a version for colored Munsters game. Not sure what color(s) to make it.
By the way - nice job!!

Thanks!! I have not thought about making a colored version. The screws and washers are stainless steel, so I don't think they will anodize like the aluminum will. I guess I could have the body anodized, and leave the screws and washers their natural color.

#7490 4 years ago

Midnight Madness-Munster Madness
Fun fact. I have set my machine to have midnight for 7pm, to have the possibility to sometimes play the midnight madness, what a very fun mode is to play. I had now ready Munster Madness ready and the clock went 7pm, Midnight madness kicked in. I thought what.......
will the Munster Madness be lost? Well no they stacked up, after the Intro of Midnight madness my first ball went just right into grandpa
and Munster Madness kicked in. Multi-Multiball. I had all 6 Balls on the playfield, was a bit overwhelming.
The Sequence of Munster Madness sometimes was seen. Herman->Raven->Lily
Too bad it did not taike too long. It was a bit too much.

#7491 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

That spacer looks like the counter weight for spots trap door. It attaches to the door under the ramp which may have to be removed. Look to see if it's threaded on both ends. Also look for two screws.

I figured it out, a few months after I got my Munsters Pro, Stern sent me a brand new fully populated play field because of some clear coat flaws, the spot counter weight came off the original playfield and I am just now finding it and the two screws. They must have revised this because 1000 games later its still on tight. Thanks for the info!

#7492 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

crazy its about 39 mintues into the episode. Well as german, it's even harder to connect. Its Aprikosen to Apritcot, but still the same words.

i'm naturally french speaking, and watching (+reading, else i'm missing too much) the series in english...

#7493 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

i need to be faster the next time, got only half the picture for starting[quoted image]

Figured it out and it’s a rush. The exact kind of thing Munsters needed. Now bring on the additional show material modes and we’ll have a top 5 game! Big thanks to you for getting on top of this!

#7494 4 years ago

If Dwight will just do some more of this in regular game play, we’ll have a super winner all those that bailed, will want their game back. Munsters has everything else going for it. Terrific shooter, lots of toys, lights are fantastic, the ramps are sheer fun, we just want some more TV series integration in the way of modes.

#7495 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

A couple of small zip ties to help keep it in place?

#7496 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Any more ideas concerning the clue word “Herman”?

How about “Fred” or “Gwynne”?

Or his initials FHG?

#7497 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

A couple of small zip ties to help keep it in place?

Very true ......Thank you!

#7498 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

How about “Fred” or “Gwynne”?
Or his initials FHG?

Thanks for idea, but figured it out, with DAD, that works. (Credit @Cabal)

#7499 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Thanks for idea, but figured it out, with DAD, that works. (Credit Cabal)

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Thanks for idea, but figured it out, with DAD, that works. (Credit Cabal)

How is Munsters madness trigger?

You enter DAD via flippers than what triggers it to start?

#7500 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

How is Munsters madness trigger?
You enter DAD via flippers than what triggers it to start?

Hi Munster Madness is triggered with completing all 5 modes, Herman, Raven, Lily, Spot Grandpa
Secret Mania needs to be activated. You do the Flipper code for DAD = 4 1 4 = BLLLLRLRLLLLRR
B=Both
L=Left
R=Right
This needs to be done in an active game, not the attract mode.
For muliplayer it has to be done for each player individual. The Code will persist the whole game. If a ball drains it will still be active for the next Ball.
The last think i know on my pro machine is to go into grandpas lab when it is lit. I there needs to be done more before, because on a lot of games this only was net enough.

Secret Mania is a fun little mode. You need to chase all 5 Family Members like it was said in the code update file:
– Added Secret Mania – You need a code. The first clue of the code is findable
– Each of the 5 family members has an area:
– Lily: the LILY bank
– Eddie: Either Orbit
– Herman: Herman toy
– Grandpa: Left ramp
– Marilyn: Right ramp
– Shoot each area to collect them. Collect all 5 for a bonus.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/150?hl=jaeg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.