IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg

There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 237.
#701 5 years ago

Does anyone have a shooter lane protector in their Pro or know where I can get one? Thank you.

#702 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Spot does suck the way it is in the current code now. Worth almost nothing, risky out of control shot and locks out everything while it is playing. During our launch party on Sunday I got Start Spot as a mystery award on ball 1 during one of my playoff rounds and it was basically a penalty instead of an award since it blocked all my progress.

I think the LE is going to add another whole level of complexity. Upper and lower pf Mb's running at the same time will be cool and challenging.

Watching the JD launch party stream, basically what you said, avoid Spot and/or time it out.

Man i really hope Dwight takes .91 to 1.00 plus with some major improvements.

Gotta utilize ALL the cool assets and shots in the game. It's been a few years with GB, a similar deficiency with that game, I just hope this isn't GB round 2.

I'm optimistic

#703 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

I guess that is what I am mainly getting at, the game is about the Jackpots and kitty multipliers. Modes are a means to build jackpots, individual modes are not really worth any points by themselves you need to stack the jackpots and collect with a good playfield multiplier. Why shoot endless if dangerous shots at spot when you have already qualified the super jackpot? The likelihood of qualifying multiple jackpots is pretty slim, the risk vs reward is just not there to justify it.
The rulesheet comes right out and says there really isn't any difference between the different levels of mode play so you have more of the same.
Even if you play a mode really well it isn't worth squat unless you collect those playfield multiplied jackpots at some point.
I have played Munsters a lot in the few weeks that I have had it and just don't feel there is any other way to play it and really don't want to even play the modes on it past getting super jackpot qualified. The shots on the game are pretty fun but fun shots don't carry a game for a super long time if there isn't anything code wise to draw you in and make you want to keep playing.
Compare this to Iron Maiden for example, on Maiden you can blow up basically any mode in the game if you play it well and come out with a good score out of that single mode and if you do well enough you come out with a soul shard shot that you can collect right then and there. The modes on Maiden are worth playing, are unique and you are rewarded for a well played mode both when you play the mode and again later in the game if you progress far enough. Sometimes I play Maiden and focus on playing modes with the mutliballs secondary because the modes are fun. TWD is another one with good mode scoring ability, double scoring on shots etc.
The only gripe I really have playfield layout wise is the shooter lane has serious issues with the ball hitting the metal "ramp" and kicking it up into the bottom of the right ramp wire form it is a really bad issue and the ball will only launch successfully about 1/3 of the time with the auto launcher. I am not sure why they didn't route a pocket into the shooter lane for the V portion of that ramp to fit flush to the playfield like they did on the dragula side of the playfield. I thought I may be able to adjust the position of that metal ramp on the shooter lane but when I took the two screws out to see if I could adjust it there were already three sets of screw holes under the metal so it appears someone at the factory tried to adjust it to no success evidently. But because of the three sets of holes already there I can't really do anything to adjust it. I did take the wireform lose and put several washers under it to raise it up away from the shooter lane and that has helped to keep the ball from slamming into the wireform but is not a permanent fix. I spoke with my distributor about it today and he had already contacted stern regarding this because he has had the same issue on the other Pro's he has sold.
I am just telling it how I see it, I just checked and my Munsters has 269 plays on it in just under 2 weeks most of those plays were put on it by myself so I think I have played it enough to get a feel for the game.

Don't know what to tell you... guess its not for you so maybe sell it? I just enjoy playin pinball and when i get tired of a pin i sell it. My favorite pins are the more simple 90s pins so it works for that imo. Sorry your not digging it. ..

#704 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Don't know what to tell you... guess its not for you so maybe sell it? I just enjoy playin pinball and when i get tired of a pin i sell it. My favorite pins are the more simple 90s pins so it works for that imo. Sorry your not digging it. ..

Fingers crossed it will get better.

#705 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Fingers crossed it will get better.

O I'm sure it will but not sure how much more it will change or how much more will be added.

#706 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Shaker, lighting and new Rubber in today.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Great look, nice job!

#707 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's been a few years with GB, a similar deficiency with that game, I just hope this isn't GB round 2.
I'm optimistic

If it is again, Then ding ding ding. No more Dwight coded machines for me.

Still sitting in hope.

#708 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Spot does suck the way it is in the current code now. Worth almost nothing, risky out of control shot and locks out everything while it is playing. During our launch party on Sunday I got Start Spot as a mystery award on ball 1 during one of my playoff rounds and it was basically a penalty instead of an award since it blocked all my progress.

YES! Having a series of shots to get rid of Spot (feed him?) when you don't want his seemingly eternal mode would be a welcome code addition.

#709 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

If it is again, Then ding ding ding. No more Dwight coded machines for me.
Still sitting in hope.

Awaiting GB code before acting on a GB prem. I’ll continue waiting on Munsters software adjustments and polish before acting on a Munsters prem. So much waiting in pinball ...
CD668139-AA35-49D9-848D-79FE54D993F9.gifCD668139-AA35-49D9-848D-79FE54D993F9.gif

#710 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Awaiting GB code before acting on a GB prem. I’ll continue waiting on Munsters software adjustments and polish before acting on a Munsters prem. So much waiting in pinball ...
[quoted image]

For real waiting on my LE is just killing me send me the damn thing already

#711 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

For real waiting on my LE is just killing me send me the damn thing already

Hey at least it's coming! Im still trying to save up for mine so kiss my azz you ungrateful b@stard!

#712 5 years ago

Here north of the boarder, I’m not getting any updates on LE delivery. Mind you, we’re in the middle of a bad snow storm again.
Every time I look at the photos, I get more and more excited.

#713 5 years ago
Quoted from thebosson:

Does anyone have a shooter lane protector in their Pro or know where I can get one? Thank you.

Hi,
I cut a piece of adhesive backed mylar ( I got the mylar from JJP back in my WOZ days-fwiw ) about 5 inchs long and maybe an inch wide with a slot to straddle the microswitch wire in the shooter lane.Did a quick alcohol clean and wipe and laid down the aforementioned piece of mylar. That is what I am trying-Machine not in use yet as I am doing a few things to it before it is all set up.....probably sometime this weekend.

#714 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Here north of the boarder, I’m not getting any updates on LE delivery. Mind you, we’re in the middle of a bad snow storm again.
Every time I look at the photos, I get more and more excited.

I cant wait until you guys start getting your LE's. I bet they are going to be sharp!

#715 5 years ago

So this Munsters Pro is my first NIB Stern.............how seasoned are these playfields ?? You hear and read about all the playfield concerns on Pinside.

How long ago do you think they were made and is all the clear and processes used on these playfields had time to cure and harden properly before shipping them to us guys and operators fortunate to afford such a nice " Luxury Toy "

#716 5 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

So this Munsters Pro is my first NIB Stern.............how seasoned are these playfields ?? You hear and read about all the playfield concerns on Pinside.
How long ago do you think they were made and is all the clear and processes used on these playfields had time to cure and harden properly before shipping them to us guys and operators fortunate to afford such a nice " Luxury Toy "

Inquiring minds want to know. Good question.

#717 5 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

It will be ready to use as soon as you set it up. If its cold i would probably let the game set for several hours and warm up but other than that set it up and play the hell out of it. Don't listen to all the BS on this site. Stern playfields are just fine. They will have a problem once in awhile im sure but everything manufactured has problems occasionally.

P.S. Oh yeah, its going to dimple also. That is normal so dont freak out when it does. It will look better and better the more you play your game.

#718 5 years ago

Mods...…….So who has the SPOT green eyes mod coming out or already for sale ??

PS-I get that the SPOT flashing light is not in the code yet-Am asking if we can perhaps remove him or perform an on machine LASIK procedure to make them green-Lol

Spot (resized).pngSpot (resized).png
#719 5 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

If you are concerned about dimples you should put a playfield protector on it because it will dimple. Or just enjoy it as is, I would.
Last week a played a Pro on location that had not been out more than a week or two and it was dimpled quite heavily. I think that is just the nature of the game now days with the environment friendly clear coat used. Also the clear seems to be thicker now than before which also makes the dimples deeper and more visible. I do not think it is the wood which is the problem.
Please not that this is just my personal theory which I have no proof of being true.

#720 5 years ago

No concern whatsoever about dimples,bring em on.Just asking about curing and processes used now with new production machines.
Pinball is meant to be played,I don't buy them to be museum pieces.

Quoted from Bundy:

If you are concerned about dimples you should put a playfield protector on it because it will dimple. Or just enjoy it as is, I would.
Last week a played a Pro on location that had not been out more than a week or two and it was dimpled quite heavily. I think that is just the nature of the game now days with the environment friendly clear coat used. Also the clear seems to be thicker now than before which also makes the dimples deeper and more visible. I do not think it is the wood which is the problem.
Please not that this is just my personal theory which I have no proof of being true.

#721 5 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Pinball is meant to be played,I don't buy them to be museum pieces.

Amen, I am all with you on that.

#722 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Not a specific date, but shipping this week.. Might arrive by end of week, or early next week..

Heard that my LE is now expected late Feb early March.. So I wonder if mine just did not make the first shipment, or if the news of them shipping this week was just inaccurate.. Anyone else get updates on ETA for theirs ?

#723 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Heard that my LE is now expected late Feb early March.. So I wonder if mine just did not make the first shipment, or if the news of them shipping this week was just inaccurate.. Anyone else get updates on ETA for theirs ?

I believe it was just inaccurate. EU machines were built and shipped. They are coming and I am Very excited to be challenged by the Munsters!!

#724 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

I was told last week, to expect it towards end of month. LE
So sounds like the same time frame.

#725 5 years ago

I too originally was told this week. Then it is now late Feb early March.
Magicchiz

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#726 5 years ago

Talked to Melissa at Cointaker, my LE is shipping next week..

#727 5 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Talked to Melissa at Cointaker, my LE is shipping next week..

You're lucky to get one through them...

#728 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Mine ships as early as tomorrow, no later than next week...Automated

#729 5 years ago

Michaela from Automated Services called me today to say my LE will ship tomorrow or the day after.I ordered it on jJanuary 7th. Yippee!!!

#730 5 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

My theory is it’s not the clear, it’s the softer wood they are using. I have never seen dimples in a CPR playfield.

#731 5 years ago

Nice to hear that the LE models will be shipping soon. I bet they will be nice.

I am Enjoying my Pro - lot's of fun.

#732 5 years ago
Quoted from Gritty:

My theory is it’s not the clear, it’s the softer wood they are using. I have never seen dimples in a CPR playfield.

You haven't looked hard enough. No wood is harder than steel.

#733 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You haven't looked hard enough. No wood is harder than steel.

Actually there are natural woods from the amazon that are harder than some manufactured steel, especially the steel from China. Impure recipe. Too much slag. Lol.

#734 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I believe it was just inaccurate. EU machines were built and shipped. They are coming and I am Very excited to be challenged by the Munsters!!

I understand that the shipment is delayed and LEs are expected end of March now in Europe

#735 5 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Actually there are natural woods from the amazon that are harder than some manufactured steel, especially the steel from China. Impure recipe. Too much slag. Lol.

Well i know that my wood is harder than steel but im not sure about China's wood?

#736 5 years ago

Isn’t it good?, Norwegian wood.

#737 5 years ago

If you want to score big you got to hit that kitty

#738 5 years ago

I found the two screws in the back area of the cabinet and the other item on the floor underneath it. There was nothing there before I put the game in that area. I remember seeing a post somewhere showing those same two screws that were also found in a cabinet. I heard something rattling and falling while taking the game out of the box. Anyone know if they are needed or not? The bigger item has two arrows and R & L on it. I'm thinking they were temporary holders for something (I hope).

I received my Pro a few hours ago and here are some early thoughts. The game was delivered into my backyard and to the side door. I gave up some dough to have the two guys slide the boxed game down the basement steps and I took it from there. I assembled it by myself except for putting on the back legs. I didn't know that they moved the on and off switch to the bottom, right, side of the back box (lol). I would have never looked there for a switch. I had to watch a few YouTube videos hoping one would show somebody turning the game on. Before I go on about the GI lighting, I want to say that I have Uveitis. At this stage, my eyes are still sensitive to light and I told my wife that I won't be driving to places where street lights are not bright so it's a rock and a hard one. I hope to have surgery soon to do what almost a year of body changing medicine didn't do. I find the playfield to be very, dark. If it wasn't for hearing others mention the darkness, I would just say it's me. The middle of the playfield is like a dark alley and you can't see much of what's on the backboard or get a good look at the tiny Dragula car. I don't want to spend the money on Stadium Lighting but I'll have to do something. Before you ask, I had three lights on a few feet from the game. I'm also finding the back box lighting and the inserts to be too bright. In that case, it's probably me as my wife thought they looked fine to her. For folks like me, it would have been nice to have an option to adjust light levels. CGC has that option in their remakes.

I found the audio adjustments to be a bit confusing also. I wanted to boost the low end but the wording is not clear and I never heard a difference except for the volume setting. If someone has had success with that please let me know what you did. I am downloading the latest update as I type this. I tried to get it done in time for Midnight Madness but didn't make it in time. I've noticed that this game has that glass off sound. The hard sounds that you hear that are somewhat masked with the glass off seemed louder with Munsters. Anybody experience that? At this point, I have good vibes with the gameplay but like others, I too hope the code will receive another visit.

20190215_181254 (resized).jpg20190215_181254 (resized).jpg20190215_181515_Burst01 (resized).jpg20190215_181515_Burst01 (resized).jpg

Edit: Sometimes I wish this game wasn't so fast. I like to take in the videos and animation. I found the adjustment for the lights and toned down the back box and inserts. I'm going to get a few spots for this game. no question.

#739 5 years ago

The small ones look like the ones that go in the coin door ejectors. Can't tell on the larger one looks like a cotter pin type fastener.

#740 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The small ones look like the ones that go in the coin door ejectors. Can't tell on the larger one looks like a cotter pin type fastener.

Thanks, I am waiting for a delivery from you (lol).

#741 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

it would have been nice to have an option to adjust light levels.

You should be able to adjust the back box lighting and maybe even the intensity of the playfield lighting too but im not sure. Turn the back box lighting down to 10% during gameplay though and that will eliminate the glare from the back box on the glass while you are playing. You can also adjust the brightness of the back box while its in attract mode as well. Hope this helps, congrats on your new game.

#742 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You should be able to adjust the back box lighting and maybe even the intensity of the playfield lighting too but im not sure. Turn the back box lighting down to 10% during gameplay though and that will eliminate the glare from the back box on the glass while you are playing. You can also adjust the brightness of the back box while its in attract mode as well. Hope this helps, congrats on your new game.

Thanks, after going through the menus I found it and am relieved.

#743 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Did you get to try and play it out in the wild again? They got an LE at Helicon near me, and I'm tempted to go give it a whirl!

Are you any closer to buying yours?

#744 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Did you get to try and play it out in the wild again? They got an LE at Helicon near me, and I'm tempted to go give it a whirl!
Are you any closer to buying yours?

Hey wesman, i am getting ready to go play Munsters today again actually but no LE' in my area yet unfortunately. I am getting close to getting my game yes, i kinda want to see what people are saying about the lower playfield first so im not in a major hurry but i will be getting a Munsters very soon for sure.

Please go play that LE and let us know what you think about the lower playfield, i am sure lots of people would love to hear your thoughts about it!

#745 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hey wesman, i am getting ready to go play Munsters today again actually but no LE' in my area yet unfortunately. I am getting close to getting my game yes, i kinda want to see what people are saying about the lower playfield first so im not in a major hurry but i will be getting a Munsters very soon for sure.
Please go play that LE and let us know what you think about the lower playfield, i am sure lots of people would love to hear your thoughts about it!

Spent several hours playing an LE last night at a local collectors home yesterday. Can't thank him enough for the hospitality in sharing his Amazing collection. I will note I am awaiting my LE so a bit biased and LOVE the theme like BM66. With that said the game was what I expected and over the top gorgeous! I will admit like others have said the code has a Ways to go especially to balance scoring. Not a huge deal to me as I am more of a chimp flipper so Billion scores are not something I ever worry about. Just seems like without understanding the multiplier strategies your simply collecting change per say. Smooth shooter is an understatement in my view. Fun for sure and the animations were very well done. Being honest with myself I can say the mini playfield does seem like more of a novelty. I liked it but I would never say you Must get a Premium/LE because of it. Almost a pachinko machine for the most part to be blunt. The owner did make a savy adjustment to the ramp opto (lower playfield) to make it more reliable but as not my fix I will refrain from saying it was an issue. Cute is the best way I will describe the lower playfield. lol Very minor observation that I Hope I can get past is I did find even as a crappy player that second set of flipper buttons was just in an awkward spot. Awkward as it was different just seemed like something a seasoned player would have issues with as it could mess with their technique. Overall very fun game and I have confidence (in time) Stern and Dwight will refine the code to round all the corners on this fun game.

#746 5 years ago

My game is on and I'm sitting near it playing Resident Evil. I keep hearing sounds coming from the Munsters. I heard them last night also but dismissed them. I'm now wondering what that is. I have to go out for a bit but when I get back I will raise the playfield to see what the problem is. It's a hard sound like something was dropped inside the cabinet and it's random.

On another note, some things that you buy you can take it back if not satisfied. I've never heard that concerning a NIB pinball game. Is that not possible and if not why? Just wondering.

#747 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

My game is on and I'm sitting near it playing Resident Evil. I keep hearing sounds coming from the Munsters. I heard them last night also but dismissed them. I'm now wondering what that is. I have to go out for a bit but when I get back I will raise the playfield to see what the problem is. It's a hard sound like something was dropped inside the cabinet and it's random.

Spot poping up in attract mode?

#748 5 years ago
Quoted from mpnox:

Spot poping up in attract mode?

With the new update, that could be possible. I'm going to let Stern know (if they don't already) about it. Like I said in a previous post this game almost sounds like you are playing with the glass off. I hope the sound goes away over time or can be remedied.

#749 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

With the new update, that could be possible. I'm going to let Stern know (if they don't already) about it. Like I said in a previous post this game almost sounds like you are playing with the glass off. I hope the sound goes away over time or can be remedied.

You can turn it of in the menues it it bothers you. I turned it off on mine, I jumped in my chair every time.

#750 5 years ago

Sounds like you are having some buyers remorse on this one Jbug.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.