IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 237.
#651 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I found it in mine and helped reduce air balls on launch and i turned up my draguala

On code .91 I only see Dragula launch power

#652 5 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Had a chance to play the Pro on Saturday at Pins Mechanical in Columbus. I really wish the volume was turned up, as I could not hear any of the sounds with the bar noise. However, the game was super fun to play. Only 50 cents per play, and I came home with quarters still in my pocket. The grandpa scoop is a bit shallow and rejects fast balls that aren't right on the money. That Borg bounce on the left to the left outlane is a bit frustrating. Other than that, the flow was awesome. I love the shot to the right of Herman and Spot is a fun little gimmick as well. I felt as if I could speed through the animations by hitting both flipper buttons, maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed that way. Should have had less beer and more time on the machine, but I definitely got a good taste of what to expect...and I like it. Hopefully getting mine in the next couple weeks. Come on, Stern. Send more Pros to Trent ASAP.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those shelves look real deadly for beer spillage....

Looks like a cool spot for pinball. Definitely will put it on the list for when I'm over that way again!

#653 5 years ago
Quoted from jrio101:

On code .91 I only see Dragula launch power

Yes I'm 99% sure I turned it down

#654 5 years ago

Has anyone heard a definite date they will receive their LE?

#655 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Has anyone heard a definite date they will receive their LE?

Not a specific date, but shipping this week.. Might arrive by end of week, or early next week..

#656 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Not a specific date, but shipping this week.. Might arrive by end of week, or early next week..

Thanks counting the days hopefully I hear back tomorrow with similar news

#657 5 years ago
Quoted from mpnox:

So I tried to recreate the reset problem with Midnight Madness and I got it to reset multiple times.
Here is a clip of the game resetting.

Well, that's not good.

#658 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Well, that's not good.

I guess it may be a code problem since I don't have the problem at any other multiball mode. If it is a code problem it is easy to fix hopefully in next release, if not it may be an adjustment needed on the power supply. No big deal I hope.

#659 5 years ago
Quoted from mpnox:

I guess it may be a code problem since I don't have the problem at any other multiball mode. If it is a code problem it is easy to fix hopefully in next release, if not it may be an adjustment needed on the power supply. No big deal I hope.

I have the same problem with mine. I talked to Chaz a Stern about it Friday afternoon he said he hadn't heard of any problem with code but it was possibly the cause. I asked about the 48v adjustment that was mentioned earlier in this thread and he said that hasn't been a problem since they went to a better power supply but I could test it and see. It was a busy weekend and I didn't have time to test it yet.

#660 5 years ago

I got the fluoro green peeled off the backbox and replaced it with black t-molding,.....now it's just all black everywhere-kinda bland,but went for it anyway and since it is now installed with super glue gel I better just leave it alone and get on with the Titan rubber installation and mylar install where the ramps drop to the inlanes and the shooter lane.

20190209_183257.jpg20190209_183257.jpg
#661 5 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

... now it's just all black everywhere-kinda bland,but went for it anyway and since it is now installed with super glue gel I better just leave it alone and get on with the Titan rubber installation ...

Whoa - that sounds kinda permanent! Hopefully you like it in the long run.

I've switched out t-moldings on a number of my games (some more than once), but have never found the need to glue them at all.

#662 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I've switched out t-moldings on a number of my games (some more than once), but have never found the need to glue them at all.

Agreed. Anytime I’ve used glue for T-molding, hot glue does the trick. It’s thicker which holds the t-molding better and much easier to remove.

#663 5 years ago

I like the green t molding on the pro...

#664 5 years ago

Installed my new translight this afternoon with one that has a connection with it's creators!

20190211_172834 (resized).jpg20190211_172834 (resized).jpg
#665 5 years ago

Hi all,

Do you have the paper of the backglass making waves ? I think the paper is too big...

Its not very beautifull

#666 5 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Do you have the paper of the backglass making waves ? I think the paper is too big...
Its not very beautifull

Seems to be a common problem with recent Stern games, not just Munsters. Someone just rushed on the assembly line. Take the clips off and reposition/flatten the translite and reinstall the translite trim.

#667 5 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi all,
Its not very beautifull

When I removed my original plastic translight to install my autographed replacement I removed the black plastic borders that hold the translight plastic sheet in place on the glass. The plastic boarders are held in place with some internal double sided sticky tape, be careful removing the plastic edges, take it slow. Once all the plastic edging is removed peel back the tape from the glass and plastic translight and remove it completely. Clean the glass to remove the left over tape gum, reposition the plastic translight onto the glass and use regular scotch tape to hold it in place on the glass, all 4 sides several places keeping it nice and flat. It should fit just fine over the glass without bunching or wrinkling laying nice and flat. Reinstall the black plastic edging sliping it over both the glass and the plastic translight. The scotch tape applied to each edge should keep everything aligned and flat. It was easy to do and it does not have any wrinkles. Hope this helps you.

#668 5 years ago

One mod I'd like to see is a way to light-up Spot when he's out from under steps. Should be a highlight of the machine but it's so dark you cant see him at all. Not sure why Franchi wouldn't have demanded some spot lights on this machine - his great work is really lost especially on the PRO with poor lighting IMO.

#669 5 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

One mod I'd like to see is a way to light-up Spot when he's out from under steps. Should be a highlight of the machine but it's so dark you cant see him at all. Not sure why Franchi wouldn't have demanded some spot lights on this machine - his great work is really lost especially on the PRO with poor lighting IMO.

The spotlight isn’t coded on the pro yet. You can check it out in test mode.

#670 5 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

There is a flasher that is supposed to activate when spot is active. For some reason, current code does not have it enabled, at least on the pro. We intend to have a mod for it, once it is enabled.

#671 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

There is a flasher that is supposed to activate when spot is active. For some reason, current code does not have it enabled, at least on the pro. We intend to have a mod for it, once it is enabled.

Jinx, you owe me a beer.

#672 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Those rules posted before ARE the rules for Munster Madness. I’ve played the mode a few times already. It’s in there. Outside of some scoring bugs with the multipliers, it seems to work just like Dwight’s rulesheet says.
When you play all the modes, the scoop lights for Munster madness. It starts with a bunch of news headlines, then you’re off.

Chuck,

Quick question regarding Munster Madness, on my Munnsters unless I am miss understanding what is going on when I start Munster Madness it also always starts on Marilyn before any shots are made on Madness the right ramp is lit yellow and the LCD shows Marilyn as flashing. I can never really figure out what the hell is going on because of this, it never really seems like I complete any individual character no matter what I shoot.

#673 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Chuck,
Quick question regarding Munster Madness, on my Munnsters unless I am miss understanding what is going on when I start Munster Madness it also always starts on Marilyn before any shots are made on Madness the right ramp is lit yellow and the LCD shows Marilyn as flashing. I can never really figure out what the hell is going on because of this, it never really seems like I complete any individual character no matter what I shoot.

I have the sames doubts as you and dwight himself sent me the answer (very cool guy to answer at our question) :

Starting with V0.91 Munster Madness changed a bit. I felt it was too hard to complete. Starting with V0.91 you start the multiball with Marilyn spotted for you. This means you start in Stage TWO - Jackpots. The other change is that after stage TWO you play stage THREE right then each time.

The game use to go
STAGE I (complete an area) -> STAGE II (shoot jackpots) -> STAGE I -> II -> I .... until you finished all seven -> STAGE III (Hurry ups)

Now the game goes like this:
STAGE II (Marilyn) -> STAGE III (Hurry ups) -> STAGE I (complete an area) -> STAGE II (shoot jackpots) -> STAGE III (Hurry ups) ...

So, its normal to begin with Marylin.

++

#674 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Quoted from hassellcastle:

Agreed. Anytime I’ve used glue for T-molding, hot glue does the trick. It’s thicker which holds the t-molding better and much easier to remove.

Roger on that you guys,good tips and it will be alright for now. Keep on flippin !!

#675 5 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

I have the sames doubts as you and dwight himself sent me the answer (very cool guy to answer at our question) :
Starting with V0.91 Munster Madness changed a bit. I felt it was too hard to complete. Starting with V0.91 you start the multiball with Marilyn spotted for you. This means you start in Stage TWO - Jackpots. The other change is that after stage TWO you play stage THREE right then each time.
The game use to go
STAGE I (complete an area) -> STAGE II (shoot jackpots) -> STAGE I -> II -> I .... until you finished all seven -> STAGE III (Hurry ups)
STAGE II (Marilyn) -> STAGE III (Hurry ups) -> STAGE I (complete an area) -> STAGE II (shoot jackpots) -> STAGE III (Hurry ups) ...
++

I like the more difficult way from .90 and before... the game needs some kind of depth somewhere and the took some of it away...

#676 5 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

The game use to go
++

So, basically Marilyn is already "started" for you then?

#677 5 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

So, basically Marilyn is already "started" for you then?

Yes. So you start MM in stage 2. See my post here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/13#post-4829972

#678 5 years ago

Yes ;o)

#679 5 years ago

I have had my Munsters for a few weeks now and have held back from saying much about because as of right now I am not a big fan of the current code. The modes seem pointless at this point, none of them are really that interesting or fun to play and I find myself trying to just time them out after I get the jackpot lit for the mode. Spot for example you just bang away at him then hit a few shots to bring him back up again for very few points and it is a long mode. Why keep shooting at a dangerous shot for no points when you can just shoot a loop then trap up and wait for the timer?

Dragula shot is pretty pointless also imo, you get dragula lit and then shoot it in the Dragula shot and it kicks it back out nothing more nothing less?

So I really just play the modes to get the jackpots lit for the mode and to get to munster madness. Then after that you have a second round of the same. Also there are too many times when the playfield is basically black, I can't play my Munsters without some ambient lights on in the room to light up the playfield so that I can actually see the ball.

I know the code is only at .91 and I really hope something changes with the code to make the modes more interesting and enjoyable to play because right now they aren't and there is really only one way to play the game to get points on it from what I can tell. The only problem is that I think that the modes need such drastic changes to make them fun and worth playing out that I just don't see that radical of a change happening.

#680 5 years ago

Wow... i think exactly like you after played the games during 2 weeks...

#681 5 years ago

Pinside Ven comments above are very accurate IMO. Could not have said it better.

#682 5 years ago

Anybody hear anything on LE's shipping?

#683 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

I have had my Munsters for a few weeks now and have held back from saying much about because as of right now I am not a big fan of the current code. The modes seem pointless at this point, none of them are really that interesting or fun to play and I find myself trying to just time them out after I get the jackpot lit for the mode. Spot for example you just bang away at him then hit a few shots to bring him back up again for very few points and it is a long mode. Why keep shooting at a dangerous shot for no points when you can just shoot a loop then trap up and wait for the timer?
Dragula shot is pretty pointless also imo, you get dragula lit and then shoot it in the Dragula shot and it kicks it back out nothing more nothing less?
So I really just play the modes to get the jackpots lit for the mode and to get to munster madness. Then after that you have a second round of the same. Also there are too many times when the playfield is basically black, I can't play my Munsters without some ambient lights on in the room to light up the playfield so that I can actually see the ball.
I know the code is only at .91 and I really hope something changes with the code to make the modes more interesting and enjoyable to play because right now they aren't and there is really only one way to play the game to get points on it from what I can tell. The only problem is that I think that the modes need such drastic changes to make them fun and worth playing out that I just don't see that radical of a change happening.

That's a bit of a bummer, right there.

#684 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

I really hope,with the code being in it’s infancy,that it develops enough for you.
For me I believe it will I am not concerned.
That sucks man it will get better hopefully it will be enough for you.
I felt the same way when Star Wars came out and I picked it up right away.
With the lower playfield in the LE I think that will give me more entertainment as these things develop

#685 5 years ago

Well, the not so good reviews have made their way on to the Club thread.

Sounds like lack of code at this point is going to present a challenge for many players and owners.

Just to play a bit of devils advocate, when I plunge a ball on my Addams, I find myself immersed in the game. I love the theme all the way through- including the art, lighting, sounds, music, callouts, straght forward and fairly simple rules as well as the shot geometry of the game. I don’t find it repetitive, just a really fun experience.

If my Munsters LE (which I’m keeping my name on) provides a similar all immersive feeling, I think my family will still really enjoy it.

However, if the code on Munsters truly feels stale or pointless; and the mini-pf is simply a gimmick, I will def be disappointed as this is one of my fave themes.
Man, I can’t recall the last time I was both excited at getting a NIB game while feeling so much apprehension.

#686 5 years ago

Like any game I am sure Munsters will get even better as the code developes! Batman ‘66 and Star Wars Pro are two recent examples of that happening, IMO.

#687 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I found it in mine and helped reduce air balls on launch and i turned up my draguala

Where is the ball launch setting at? The only setting I can find is the ball eject power. That is the power to kick the ball out of the trough into the shooter lane.

#688 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I really hope,with the code being in it’s infancy,that it develops enough for you.
For me I believe it will I am not concerned.
That sucks man it will get better hopefully it will be enough for you.
I felt the same way when Star Wars came out and I picked it up right away.
With the lower playfield in the LE I think that will give me more entertainment as these things develop

Agree completely....I was in on BM66LE at launch, and code was lacking, to say the least. It's turned out to be so deep now, w so many ways to play...a real gem.

While not Lyman, quite convinced Munsters will follow a similar path...code drops are always like a new game for me, so I don't mind the process...

#689 5 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Like any game I am sure Munsters will get even better as the code developes! Batman ‘66 and Star Wars Pro are two recent examples of that happening, IMO.

I hope so, but Dwight indicated on the reveal video that the rules were pretty much done so it doesn’t seem as if Munsters will undergo a similar code transformation that we saw with Batman 66. I want Munsters but going to wait and see where the code is in six months.

#690 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I hope so, but Dwight indicated on the reveal video that the rules were pretty much done so it doesn’t seem as if Munsters will undergo a similar code transformation that we saw with Batman 66. I want Munsters but going to wait and see where the code is in six months.

I don’t recall him saying anything was done except for the levels concept
He did go on to say they were still tweaking some things if I remember correctly

#691 5 years ago

My distributor called today and said a big huge batch of LE’s shipped and to expect mine Friday

#692 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Sounds like lack of code at this point is going to present a challenge for many players and owners.
Just to play a bit of devils advocate, when I plunge a ball on my Addams, I find myself immersed in the game. I love the theme all the way through- including the art, lighting, sounds, music, callouts, straght forward and fairly simple rules as well as the shot geometry of the game. I don’t find it repetitive, just a really fun experience.
If my Munsters LE (which I’m keeping my name on) provides a similar all immersive feeling, I think my family will still really enjoy it.
However, if the code on Munsters truly feels stale or pointless; and the mini-pf is simply a gimmick, I will def be disappointed as this is one of my fave themes.
Man, I can’t recall the last time I was both excited at getting a NIB game while feeling so much apprehension.

Your LE is going to blow you away that thing is sick!!!

#693 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Maybe just the basis of the code is there? Hopefully it gets expanded somewhat over the next few updates?. I was pretty happy allready with the pro when i played it last fri tho. There is more to it than op mentioned imo depending on your goals when playing it. Lots of strategies are involved if playing for points. If your just trying to get to the madness mode than yea i cld see it being pretty boring.

#694 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

There is more to it than op mentioned imo depending on your goals when playing it. Lots of strategies are involved if playing for points. If your just trying to get to the madness mode than yea i cld see it being pretty boring.

Looking at the rule sheet, it almost looks like working toward madness might be something of a red herring, at least as a goal unto itself. Knowing how to use Boost, Dragula, and stacking is going to be key to getting to madness with points

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Munsters-Rule-Sheet.pdf

#695 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

JMK dont worry brother you are going to love your new game. I will eat my shorts if you don't!

#696 5 years ago
Quoted from wizzardz:

Looking at the rule sheet, it almost looks like working toward madness might be something of a red herring, at least as a goal unto itself. Knowing how to use Boost, Dragula, and stacking is going to be key to getting to madness with points
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Munsters-Rule-Sheet.pdf

Correct.. also the zap button /building up the jackpots is key along with the multipliers.

#697 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Correct.. also the zap button /building up the jackpots is key along with the multipliers.

I guess that is what I am mainly getting at, the game is about the Jackpots and kitty multipliers. Modes are a means to build jackpots, individual modes are not really worth any points by themselves you need to stack the jackpots and collect with a good playfield multiplier. Why shoot endless if dangerous shots at spot when you have already qualified the super jackpot? The likelihood of qualifying multiple jackpots is pretty slim, the risk vs reward is just not there to justify it.

The rulesheet comes right out and says there really isn't any difference between the different levels of mode play so you have more of the same.

Even if you play a mode really well it isn't worth squat unless you collect those playfield multiplied jackpots at some point.

I have played Munsters a lot in the few weeks that I have had it and just don't feel there is any other way to play it and really don't want to even play the modes on it past getting super jackpot qualified. The shots on the game are pretty fun but fun shots don't carry a game for a super long time if there isn't anything code wise to draw you in and make you want to keep playing.

Compare this to Iron Maiden for example, on Maiden you can blow up basically any mode in the game if you play it well and come out with a good score out of that single mode and if you do well enough you come out with a soul shard shot that you can collect right then and there. The modes on Maiden are worth playing, are unique and you are rewarded for a well played mode both when you play the mode and again later in the game if you progress far enough. Sometimes I play Maiden and focus on playing modes with the mutliballs secondary because the modes are fun. TWD is another one with good mode scoring ability, double scoring on shots etc.

The only gripe I really have playfield layout wise is the shooter lane has serious issues with the ball hitting the metal "ramp" and kicking it up into the bottom of the right ramp wire form it is a really bad issue and the ball will only launch successfully about 1/3 of the time with the auto launcher. I am not sure why they didn't route a pocket into the shooter lane for the V portion of that ramp to fit flush to the playfield like they did on the dragula side of the playfield. I thought I may be able to adjust the position of that metal ramp on the shooter lane but when I took the two screws out to see if I could adjust it there were already three sets of screw holes under the metal so it appears someone at the factory tried to adjust it to no success evidently. But because of the three sets of holes already there I can't really do anything to adjust it. I did take the wireform lose and put several washers under it to raise it up away from the shooter lane and that has helped to keep the ball from slamming into the wireform but is not a permanent fix. I spoke with my distributor about it today and he had already contacted stern regarding this because he has had the same issue on the other Pro's he has sold.

I am just telling it how I see it, I just checked and my Munsters has 269 plays on it in just under 2 weeks most of those plays were put on it by myself so I think I have played it enough to get a feel for the game.

#698 5 years ago

Shaker, lighting and new Rubber in today.

20190212_185055 (resized).jpg20190212_185055 (resized).jpg20190212_190337 (resized).jpg20190212_190337 (resized).jpg
#699 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

I guess that is what I am mainly getting at, the game is about the Jackpots and kitty multipliers. Modes are a means to build jackpots, individual modes are not really worth any points by themselves you need to stack the jackpots and collect with a good playfield multiplier. Why shoot endless if dangerous shots at spot when you have already qualified the super jackpot? The likelihood of qualifying multiple jackpots is pretty slim, the risk vs reward is just not there to justify it.

Spot does suck the way it is in the current code now. Worth almost nothing, risky out of control shot and locks out everything while it is playing. During our launch party on Sunday I got Start Spot as a mystery award on ball 1 during one of my playoff rounds and it was basically a penalty instead of an award since it blocked all my progress.

#700 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Shaker, lighting and new Rubber in today.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Them lights are nice!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/14?hl=wesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.