pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 237.
#7401 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I've had a number of newer players over to my house recently to play my machines and I've noticed that while Munsters is a very approachable machine and people love how it shoots the code is not newbie friendly at all which Stern keeps saying was their goal. The kitty shot is so tight and is completely required for getting a score over 10 million. I had a friend over that's pretty good. Was able to get all of the modes started and made a number of shots. Had a few supers stacked up but could not hit that kitty shot even though I told him it was important. That game he came away with less than 8 million points after about 5 minutes and didn't want to play anymore. People get discouraged when they see me step up and easily shoot a 80-90 million game. To them it looks like they just did exactly what I did but they only have 5-10 mil.

These days my Munsters is getting less and less play. As the code for my Stranger Things keeps getting more mature all of the newbies to the house are flocking to it because not only is the layout approachable but they are also posting 20-40 million scores. Scores are exciting and breeds that one more time feel. They at least feel like they are being competitive and when they do get a mode going each one feels different.

I really hope Munsters gets a code overhaul that reworks the scoring and makes these modes more tied into the show. Borg has a great and approachable layout with good ball times for newbies but the code sucks for them. I enjoy the challenge and feeling when post a 200-300+ mil score but the scoring needs to reward the newbies while still being a challenge for more experienced people. It's so clear looking at my audits. There are very few scores in the 20-80 mil range. A huge number in the 1-10 mil range. I'll take out the 100+ as those are all mine. No one but me has managed over 100 in the house and my son is quite good.

I explained this same thing to a friend at a tournament this weekend. It is so hard to be consistent with your score. This weekend I posted like 5 25-75 mil games and then all the sudden i posted a 800 mil something game (yes 800 mil). I find the inconsistency in bettering my scores irritating. Ive spent whole multi balls trying to hit that kitty shot all the time. I find that to be very frustrating. The scoring for the modes are so lopsided. Sometimes Ill be down in the lower playfield for a long time and then end up with less than a mil for points and it will totally waste a multiplier sometimes if you accidentally hit the scoop. Im holding onto the game for now to see what the code does but unless something really changes I see myself getting rid of it asap before everyone else figures out the code isnt going anywhere.

#7402 4 years ago
Quoted from BigJoeCincy:

I explained this same thing to a friend at a tournament this weekend. It is so hard to be consistent with your score. This weekend I posted like 5 25-75 mil games and then all the sudden i posted a 800 mil something game (yes 800 mil). I find the inconsistency in bettering my scores irritating. Ive spent whole multi balls trying to hit that kitty shot all the time. I find that to be very frustrating. The scoring for the modes are so lopsided. Sometimes Ill be down in the lower playfield for a long time and then end up with less than a mil for points and it will totally waste a multiplier sometimes if you accidentally hit the scoop. Im holding onto the game for now to see what the code does but unless something really changes I see myself getting rid of it asap before everyone else figures out the code isnt going anywhere.

Everyone, please send all frustration comments to Stern. They need to hear about it directly and if enough of us let them know, maybe they will actually give us what we all paid for in software too, not just all the other great stuff Munsters has to offer.

#7403 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I have the pro's of each and my stranger things is one of the earlier builds. Not the first 100 but early Jan build and have had my share of issues. A lot of them on the pro turned out to be software bugs that looked like hardware issues thankfully. Only major issue I have still is that my ramp is built wrong so can't make the demo shot. For that first month I felt the same way as you until the software issues were fixed. Now it is just getting better and better and I can't wait for the UV kit to show up tomorrow with, hopefully, the ramp kit to finally fix that issue. I'm also hoping my replacement grampa scoop will also be in that package as mine is bent to all heck on the Munsters. I can't speak to the Premiums but people usually walk up to the munsters and play a quick game and then just play stranger things the rest of the night. My poor ol' F-14 gets no love from anyone but me lol.

I played a Munsters Pro on location and impulse bought the Premium when I got home.

I don’t regret it. It’s been the first table I’ve really gone all out on with mods and upgrades.

I know what you mean about giving new tables a month or so. I’m hoping once dialing in is done and proper hardware arrives I can start loving it. I could see Stranger Things getting some good mods (it has quite a few tempting ones already).

#7404 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I played a Munsters Pro on location and impulse bought the Premium when I got home.
I don’t regret it. It’s been the first table I’ve really gone all out on with mods and upgrades.
I know what you mean about giving new tables a month or so. I’m hoping once dialing in is done and proper hardware arrives I can start loving it. I could see Stranger Things getting some good mods (it has quite a few tempting ones already).

I still love my Munsters game and always will. No regrets and its bolted to the floor forever.

#7405 4 years ago

sadly my munsters LE hasnt been played in almost 4 months... im not really sure why, its just not a fun game to me. its a beautiful pin, i love the artwork. i liked the tv series as a kid as well. i just dont enjoy playing the damn thing, and i cant figure out why. although i have to admit, it may just be the way mr. sullivan codes his games. i had a star wars LE that i eventually sold for the same reason. perhaps its just that im not a fan of the multiplier system, not sure.

but it is very nice to turn on and look at.

#7406 4 years ago

Munsters is wickedly fast taking control of your skills instead of the other way around.I have my pitch a little less on the bubble guide which helps a little.I like to play on the fly,and when you make 5 quick loops its very rewarding.I may move the outlane posts and see what happens.Munsters is not a friendly game.

#7407 4 years ago

3 months into owning my pre-owned Munsters Premium and loving it! I had to dial back how the flippers hit as they were all set to Hard (factory) and the balls were flying all over the play field and at times the glass! Now with the setting on soft, much less of the flying balls and much better ball control. With that said, been slowly adding mods and tweaking things, it is not an easy game to play but it very enjoyable to play. My 5 yo son loves the Munsters pin more than the other two pins we currently have. Would love to see another code update to make it a little more player friendly, but for me, it's a keeper!

#7408 4 years ago

We love Munsters pin as well in our family and it’s a keeper! Always enjoyed the show and still watch it on occasion. Look forward to more of the show material being included as modes, would be our only request.

Even Lilly muses, why isn’t there more of me and my family in there? Lol
4F3D85A5-861C-4B3A-9D5B-03326EB54F58 (resized).jpeg4F3D85A5-861C-4B3A-9D5B-03326EB54F58 (resized).jpeg

#7409 4 years ago

just played my munster and i failed so much, please note high score on ball 1 for Player 2.
47.000 that should be worth a price in itself.

can't remember i had ever a lower score.

P1110819 (resized).JPGP1110819 (resized).JPG
#7410 4 years ago

This game!!! Could not agree more....what it lacks (currently) in code, it makes up for with mechanical madness, great shots, and brutal gameplay.

It can really piss me off on occasion, as I play more for ball time than score. Everyone likes a big score, but just "staying in the game" can be extremely fun...

Different games bring different smiles for me...MunstersLE doesn't ever disappoint when it comes to bat...

#7411 4 years ago

Mine is also here to stay as well and modded to the hilt.

I did a video tutorial on how to download and apply updates to the newer Stern Pins and rambled into a playfield comparison between Stranger Things Premium and Munsters Premium while my Stranger Things was updating.

Munsters love and Playfield comparisons to Stranger Things begins at 10:57.

Also played a bit of Munsters and ST tonight. Almost made it to Munster Madness! (Spot is such a tricky dog!)

Then I beat up a bunch of Demogorgons and headed to bed.

#7412 4 years ago
Quoted from Stevesco:

3 months into owning my pre-owned Munsters Premium and loving it! I had to dial back how the flippers hit as they were all set to Hard (factory) and the balls were flying all over the play field and at times the glass! Now with the setting on soft, much less of the flying balls and much better ball control. With that said, been slowly adding mods and tweaking things, it is not an easy game to play but it very enjoyable to play. My 5 yo son loves the Munsters pin more than the other two pins we currently have. Would love to see another code update to make it a little more player friendly, but for me, it's a keeper!

I always laugh when people come on and say, " If the code don't happen then I'm selling."

Trouble is that you have to have someone to sell to.

Eventually, everybody who wanted to sell will have found a buyer. And then we can all be happy.

#7413 4 years ago

Well, I'm sure I'll catch a lot of crap for this, but in order to keep peace in the household, I've decided to leave the club. I traded my Premium in yesterday for a NIB Iron Maiden. My wife and I both agreed that we needed something that would hold our attention better. Trust me, this is not something I'm all excited about. If fact, it's weird because I feel that I should be more excited that a new pin is coming, rather than feel bad that Munsters is leaving. But in the long run, I have to do what it takes to make sure all our machines are ones that keep us happy. So, I'm headed over to that club. Take care guys, and I hope that much needed code comes to y'all soon!

#7414 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Well, I'm sure I'll catch a lot of crap for this, but in order to keep peace in the household, I've decided to leave the club. I traded my Premium in yesterday for a NIB Iron Maiden. My wife and I both agreed that we needed something that would hold our attention better. Trust me, this is not something I'm all excited about. If fact, it's weird because I feel that I should be more excited that a new pin is coming, rather than feel bad that Munsters is leaving. But in the long run, I have to do what it takes to make sure all our machines are ones that keep us happy. So, I'm headed over to that club. Take care guys, and I hope that much needed code comes to y'all soon!

You son of a ......

No reason for anyone to give you crap, you got a better game. Enjoy your new game, IMDN os one of the best games that's ever been made. Did you get a Premium or a Pro? Both are great.

#7415 4 years ago

Lots of working from home might turn into new code updates sooner.

#7416 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You son of a ......
No reason for anyone to give you crap, you got a better game. Enjoy your new game, IMDN os one of the best games that's ever been made. Did you get a Premium or a Pro? Both are great.

Well, I disagree about it being a better game. Still love Munsters and have confidence Dwight is going to pull a rabbit out of Grandpa’s hat. Lol

#7417 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Well, I disagree about it being a better game. Still love Munsters and have confidence Dwight is going to pull a rabbit out of Grandpa’s hat. Lol

Just because I say IMDN is better than Munsters that doesn't mean Munsters is not good. It just means that IMDN is pure greatness and one if the best pinball machines ever made. Munsters is a great game also, just more to do in IMDN.

#7418 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just because I say IMDN is better than Munsters that doesn't mean Munsters is not good. It just means that IMDN is pure greatness and one if the best pinball machines ever made. Munsters is a great game also, just more to do in IMDN.

Well, you might talk me into that assessment with our current code. Lol

#7419 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Well, you might talk me into that assessment with our current code. Lol

Interesting discussion. IMDN did not stay long in my collection. For some reason I did not see it as a keeper. Munsters has been in the collection for a longer time. Had a really fun couple of games on it last night.

#7420 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Interesting discussion. IMDN did not stay long in my collection. For some reason I did not see it as a keeper. Munsters has been in the collection for a longer time. Had a really fun couple of games on it last night.

Both games will be in my collection forever.

#7421 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You son of a ......

Hahahaha, Thank You! I got a Premium.

#7422 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Lots of working from home might turn into new code updates sooner.

I was thinking the opposite.....not going to work if they close Stern means little gets done-IMO
Working from home at my job is called a "Flex"day and the office people tell me it's a Fuk Off day.I work as a mechanic/tech building Colorado State Patrol vehicles...………..they said it is unlikely I can bring a cruiser home to work on if we get a quarantine...………...Darn,Darn,Darn that really hurts my feelings Lol

#7423 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Hahahaha, Thank You! I got a Premium.

You will love it. I have a premium as well.

#7424 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You will love it. I have a premium as well.

Thanks @Who-Dey! It's good to have a familiar voice here to visit with! My Distributor is getting some piece from Stern that goes up at the top of the playfield, some sort of piece that was getting dinged up. He's gonna install that before he delivers it.

#7425 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Thanks Who-Dey! It's good to have a familiar voice here to visit with! My Distributor is getting some piece from Stern that goes up at the top of the playfield, some sort of piece that was getting dinged up. He's gonna install that before he delivers it.

Yep I installed mine and bent it like an idiot. I hope stern will give me another one.

#7426 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yep I installed mine and bent it like an idiot. I hope stern will give me another one.

Hahahaha, glad my distributor is doing it then! Ok, see ya over there!

#7427 4 years ago

Did some “product” testing this weekend. Without a shaker, current mounting system is rock solid. With the shaker, the whole piece slides around a little. Going to look for a solution this week. I hope to have 4 or 5 ready by the end of the week.

5591F628-47BE-4FC9-A7E4-85B783D09AC3.jpeg5591F628-47BE-4FC9-A7E4-85B783D09AC3.jpeg
#7428 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Big issue for me on IMDN is theme, not my cup of tea. But Munsters theme is fabulous, just need more of it. Machine shoots so well and those ramps are unbeatable! Getting 9 jackpots scored is a rush. The way the game builds on the back screen with sounds and such on jackpot achievements is exciting. Not another game feels like this, which gives that one more game feel to it.

#7429 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

Did some “product” testing this weekend. Without a shaker, current mounting system is rock solid. With the shaker, the whole piece slides around a little. Going to look for a solution this week. I hope to have 4 or 5 ready by the end of the week.[quoted image]

What kind of money will you be pricing them at?

#7430 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What kind of money will you be pricing them at?

Somewhere between $100 and $150. Depends on final runtime in the CNC. I’m hoping to keep it as low as possible.

They are machined from .250” cast aluminum plate. Then I install all of the washers and screws(which are stainless steel) and hit everything with a glass bead machine. Then they need to be washed and clear-coated.

I hope you guys like them.

I’ll know more after I figure out the sliding issue.

6C2119FF-C72B-4E90-B0B9-D27300CB3FD6 (resized).jpeg6C2119FF-C72B-4E90-B0B9-D27300CB3FD6 (resized).jpeg
#7431 4 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

.I work as a mechanic/tech building Colorado State Patrol vehicles...………..they said it is unlikely I can bring a cruiser home to work on if we get a quarantine...………...Darn,Darn,Darn that really hurts my feelings Lol

We make wiring harnesses for the municipal upfitters who install LEDs in police cars. Ha! North of Denver as well. Our products make it to the CDOT vehicles and every surrounding state. You probably saw some of the wiring products in your journeys.

#7432 4 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

We make wiring harnesses for the municipal upfitters who install LEDs in police cars. Ha! North of Denver as well. Our products make it to the CDOT vehicles and every surrounding state. You probably saw some of the wiring products in your journeys.

Good to have you here my friend-WAC ??

#7433 4 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Good to have you here my friend-WAC ??

Yep. We supply all of their wiring.

And that V8Torino...Your summer ride? I had a 70 Merc. Cyclone 429, back in the day. The Mercury version of the Torino. Current summer ride, replica Cobra.

#7434 4 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Yep. We supply all of their wiring.
And that V8Torino...Your summer ride? I had a 70 Merc. Cyclone 429, back in the day. The Mercury version of the Torino. Current summer ride, replica Cobra.

10-4 on yer reply about wiring etc...……...lets get that new rumored Munsters code re-dux-Happy with my PRO,budget allows 1 machine currently (

Just rolling with my 2019 Ford Ranger,Cars,cars,cars have been my go to and how I used to be defined-25+ years drag racing at Bandimere and chasing points in NHRA Division 5-Super Street and Super Gas,building,rebuilding,rebuilding my V8 Vega-was a good time then !! Building my buddys Cobra-Factory 5 replica from a "donor"mustang project.....V8 Torino Convertible after all that.....about the time the internet took off,so I went with that at yahoo mail and about every where I still do internet....Here...and my general yahoo internet mail with family and friends-Thx for asking-Kirk....Ooops obligatory girl shot-Lol-to lighten things up-- a modern day Lily )

2017 Focus 2 (resized).jpg2017 Focus 2 (resized).jpg2019 Ranger (resized).jpg2019 Ranger (resized).jpg85668401 (resized).jpg85668401 (resized).jpgBurnout 001 (resized).JPGBurnout 001 (resized).JPGDSC00217 (resized).JPGDSC00217 (resized).JPGDSC00218 (resized).JPGDSC00218 (resized).JPGLaunching,Bandimere Speedway (resized).JPGLaunching,Bandimere Speedway (resized).JPG
#7435 4 years ago

Again Secret Mania,

i have seen something that does not make sense. While doing enlarging Ray, serveral Jackpots can be achieved. One is with Playghoul. On the Magazine is an Barcode, what does not makes sense if the magazine should be quite old. Could this be an clue? i only was able to get this picture out. But i don't think the barcode is scannable.

Playghoul (resized).JPGPlayghoul (resized).JPG
#7436 4 years ago

Hi,

barcode on Playghoul. I am not sure if this is something
it is very hard to scan and i only had 1 time luck. With an Barcode 128 it scanned 1234
Picture of the barcode seems to very similar.

barcode (resized).pngbarcode (resized).pngbarcode (resized).pngbarcode (resized).png
#7437 4 years ago

Maybe it's an encrypted date detailing when the code is dropping.

#7438 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Maybe it's an encrypted date detailing when the code is dropping.

December of 2034?

#7439 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

December of 2034?

At this pace, sounds about right lol

#7440 4 years ago

cabal

Secret Mania

I did the flipper code you posted and this came up
C2664050-1EC4-45E0-909B-26641727FF69 (resized).jpegC2664050-1EC4-45E0-909B-26641727FF69 (resized).jpeg

#7441 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

cabal
Secret Mania
[quoted image]

And if anyone thinks they wont eventually have a nice code drop for this game....

( Played last night after staying away a bit...it just shoots so well!!! Great fun..)

#7442 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

cabal
Secret Mania
[quoted image]

Yes there is now a Secret Code, i contacted Dwight about it and he gave me the next clue to the miracle. It's "Herman" since then i am thinking about what it could be. I still need to find out how to get to the initial code even this one did work out.
what has "Herman" to do with the Munsters. It's that far away like Fry with Futurama, Luke with Star Wars.

#7443 4 years ago

Eddie Super Jackpot graphics, are they with grphics erros on your machines too? Two red lines. On the upper left corner and the other going from top middel to right corner?

Pro, Premium or LE?

Eddi_Jackpot (resized).JPGEddi_Jackpot (resized).JPG
#7444 4 years ago

With many of us having more time than ever to enjoy our games, I think it would be great customer goodwill for Stern to release code updates on many games in their lineup. Suprises on unannounced code updates in the next couple weeks would be a big win in my opinion. If production slows because of workforce or parts issues, I hope they focus in on code.

#7445 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

cabal
Secret Mania
[quoted image]

Has anyone figured out what the word “apricots” has to do with it? Is it another flipper code with each letter counted with position in the alphabet? In other words, a=1, b=2, flipper button presses etc?

...screen says, “you’ve found the secret code: apricots

This game so deserves a beautiful fun update! All us owners will then have the last laugh. Early dumpers will be buying it back. Just like people would give me the business, over buying Batman way back before Lyman made the code epic. Back then I was told by numerous friends, I bought a box of lights with not much else. They said I was out of mind mind to spend $12,500.00 for Bat66. Now I can get more than that if I were ever to sell it, simply because Stern did the right thing and made the code epic.

#7446 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

cabal
Secret Mania
[quoted image]

Quoted from TonyScoots:

cabal
Secret Mania
[quoted image]

No! We should not be shaking hands!! Keep a distance of at least 6 feet away from this fool.....

E4E08461-4705-4DEC-8AD2-A5C21F2D81DB (resized).pngE4E08461-4705-4DEC-8AD2-A5C21F2D81DB (resized).png
#7447 4 years ago

Hi about apricots,

the text is saying whisper it to me and shake my hand at a show, or something like this. I tried everything with the code. But in the end i figured that you have to take like the text is saying. Go to a show and talk to a stern guy or email them. I emailed dwight sullivan with the information i found and he confirmed that this a secret code and he gave me the next clue. "Herman"
With apricots there is nothing more to do, the next quest is to find out what Herman can be transformed in flipper coding i guess.

#7449 4 years ago

yes or some munster cheese with apricots jam
https://www.geiler.fr/en/recipes/87-munster-alsace

#7450 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Has anyone figured out what the word “apricots” has to do with it? Is it another flipper code with each letter counted with position in the alphabet? In other words, a=1, b=2, flipper button presses etc?
...screen says, “you’ve found the secret code: apricots

what i know is that from Dwight came the next Clue "Herman".
Something with Herman will again transform into an Flipper Code. From my experience, i have not seen any Flipper codes with more than three digits.
Also i am not aware of any Code with an bigger number than 9? Or has anybody any other experience, is there an flipper code with higher a higher nunber?
like 23 5 3?
In addition i know it's not from 111 to 349 (i tested them out)

Of course i can still be wrong with my assumptions. Not much, but there is some Progress. If we think that the machine is now out a very long time, and i haven't heared from anywhere that the Secret Mania was found.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/149 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.