IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 237.
#7351 4 years ago

The toppers are listed on Sterns accessories on their website-$425 bucks I believe,I clicked add to cart to see what happened-it went to payment options-Good luck with it !!

https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/munsters-topper

#7352 4 years ago

Just tried and no luck.

E7FD9358-DD8F-460E-B725-28792B896967 (resized).jpegE7FD9358-DD8F-460E-B725-28792B896967 (resized).jpeg
#7353 4 years ago

Anybody looking to acquire a Munsters PRO, I have one available in the Boston area.
I like the title - but I am a small DMD collector, and there's something coming that is a must have for me, so I need to begin saving.

Excl condition:
2 months location use - HUO since...I am 2nd owner, bought from the NIB buyer.
$4,500...I will consider shipping to veteran collectors/Pinsiders only....buyer makes all arrangements.

#7354 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Just tried and no luck.[quoted image]

Like most items from stern. It's easier to get it from a distributor. I had to get my topper from zack at flipnout. I would check around with them.

#7355 4 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Like most items from stern. It's easier to get it from a distributor. I had to get my topper from zack at flipnout. I would check around with them.

In other cases that’s true but with the real possibility of having to sent this back over and over for repair it makes sense to deal with Stern directly.

#7356 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Again coming back to secret mania, i monitored how the portraits lit up on the LCD, i can not think this will work. And there is the Problem to get Raven lit up. I think this only possible in Raven Mode?
I researched a little more with pinball browser.
There are two sections that i can think of, that could have to do with secret mania.
The First one seems to be speaking of, that something is found in the game.
The second is "The Code is only usable in Gameplay" could be an indication that the secret Mania Code is something like the flipper Codes. What would makes sense if secret mania is a mode, then it should be only startable in Gameplay.
Well if we assume the code will be something like other flipper codes i descriped before, it would be a 3 digit number from 1-9.
3^10 is still a lot possbilities [quoted image][quoted image]

Hmmmm, if the lit up pictures have nothing to do with it, then it’ll be interesting to find out what does. It seems you might be on the right track. Please keep us abreast of what you find out. Whisper it to us, not just Dwight. We’ll give you a handshake too. Lol

#7357 4 years ago

A friend of mine just got a swinging deal and got 4 pins coming off route.

He bought:

1) Stranger Things

2) Deadpool

3) Jurassic Park (Stern)

and

4) TNA

I have always liked TNA from the first coin. It kicks my ass but I like it.

Jurassic Park, even on freeplay, just does not work for me. I know many like it but I can't make the hump.

Stranger Things. is OK but I got bored with it real quick. ST and JP would be the last two I would put my money in for some pin action.

Deadpool? Now, there is a pinball machine! I was in love almost immediately. Fast with lots of flipper friendly shots and it still whips your butt.

If I had the money and room I would bring a DP home. And set it next to Munsters. Still not sorry with my Munsters buy.

#7358 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Deadpool? Now, there is a pinball machine! I was in love almost immediately. Fast with lots of flipper friendly shots and it still whips your butt.

I have a Pro at home right next to my Munsters. I think Deadpool is the best machine ever

#7359 4 years ago

We just found a nice polish that cleaned up the window over Grampa's lab. Looks new, and I'm still ramping up on the scores. I look forward to the day I pull it off of route and stick it in my house.

#7360 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

We just found a nice polish that cleaned up the window over Grampa's lab. Looks new, and I'm still ramping up on the scores. I look forward to the day I pull it off of route and stick it in my house.

What did you use? You remove the window?

#7361 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Yeah? How about spreading the cheer.

#7362 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

What did you use? You remove the window?

Yes. It's a buffer compound that was originally for automotive use but my friend at the arcade where I route uses it for polishing disc games back to usability. I'll hit him up for the exact name.

#7363 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Yes. It's a buffer compound that was originally for automotive use but my friend at the arcade where I route uses it for polishing disc games back to usability. I'll hit him up for the exact name.

Sounds like the old Brasso move, or the headlight polisher stuff

#7364 4 years ago

It's not Brasso. I would have remembered that. He showed me after he polished up the window. I was planning on ordering a new one.
EDIT:
It was Meguiar's Ultimate Compound. Pull the window, of course, because this stuff will chew up clearcoat if you get it everywhere.

#7365 4 years ago

My Grandpa scoop is getting pretty beat up, but the main issue I'm having is it doesn't always collect whatever is lit when you hit it. It will detect the ball and shoot it out, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Once in a while it sits there until ball search. Anyone had this happen?

#7366 4 years ago
Quoted from Braindance:

Anyone had this happen?

Not to my knowledge(but again, it's on route, so I'm not the main player). I do have it bouncing out of the grampa scoop a lot, but I can't tell if that is a change or if my aim is just crappy.

#7367 4 years ago
Quoted from Braindance:

My Grandpa scoop is getting pretty beat up, but the main issue I'm having is it doesn't always collect whatever is lit when you hit it. It will detect the ball and shoot it out, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Once in a while it sits there until ball search. Anyone had this happen?

Did the wire break off at the switch yet ?? A known problem-Contact chad s. at Stern if you need a new microswitch.

#7368 4 years ago
Quoted from Braindance:

Page 146,post # 7297-What I did to replace my thrashed Grandpa scoop playfield protector-Cliffys-

#7369 4 years ago

Yes had this upkick problem with Grandpa too, in my case the wire did not go off, but the whole leg of the microswitch fell off.
in the meantime i had to replace it 2 times and i can not think of why it is happening. The Cables do not seem to tight and there is nothing rubbing against it.
But if it is sometimes working, and sometimes not you should do switch test and have a look at the microswitch under the playfield if there is some obvious Problem.

#7370 4 years ago

Thanks for all the replies. I appreciate it!

#7371 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Yes had this upkick problem with Grandpa too, in my case the wire did not go off, but the whole leg of the microswitch fell off.
in the meantime i had to replace it 2 times and i can not think of why it is happening. The Cables do not seem to tight and there is nothing rubbing against it.
But if it is sometimes working, and sometimes not you should do switch test and have a look at the microswitch under the playfield if there is some obvious Problem.

The wire broke off on my micro switch. After I replaced it I tie wrapped the wires so they are fixed tightly and do not wriggle around. IMO, where flexing wires meet a hard point it just like bending a piece of metal in your hand. Keep bending it and it will break.

#7372 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Not to my knowledge(but again, it's on route, so I'm not the main player). I do have it bouncing out of the grampa scoop a lot, but I can't tell if that is a change or if my aim is just crappy.

There was also a Pinsider Fix for this. It's a rubber dampener that goes into the scoop. I got one and it works perfectly, no more bounce out. Look around post #4323

#7373 4 years ago

☹️
I ordered my Munsters Topper from CoinTaker back on Nov 1st... still nothing. Mark Sullivan at Stern told me back on 24th Feb that toppers were about 2 weeks away... so it’s about now.

Emailed again just now.
Gotta say CT haven’t been on the ball with this one. I’m having to chase Stern myself.

#7374 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

☹️
I ordered my Munsters Topper from CoinTaker back on Nov 1st... still nothing. Mark Sullivan at Stern told me back on 24th Feb that toppers were about 2 weeks away... so it’s about now.
Emailed again just now.
Gotta say CT haven’t been on the ball with this one. I’m having to chase Stern myself.

I was told the same thing by Stern, so hopefully the next batch are ready soon.

I e-mailed Cointaker months ago inquiring about the Munsters toppers they have listed on their website and never received a response. Guess they are too busy for any new business......

#7375 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Yep I know the feeling you are experiencing there. I will NEVER order anything from them again. They dont give two shits about you after the sale.

#7376 4 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

I e-mailed Cointaker months ago inquiring about the Munsters toppers they have listed on their website and never received a response. Guess they are too busy for any new business......

Yep that's the way that they operate. I have a bad IMDN playfield and they wont even get back to me about it. I finally had to take it up with Stern myself. I also had problems with them when I bought the game and they apologized and promised me all this stuff to make it up to me and of course they never came through. I also ordered a t shirt that wasnt in stock and it was supposed to ship once they got them back in stock.......I guess they never got them back in stock because I never recieved my shirt. I thought about calling them but it wouldn't do any good. I would just get more broken promises from them is all.

I will never buy from Cointaker ever again. Their service after the sale is HORRIBLE!!

#7377 4 years ago
munsters-car-dragula-Herman-Munster (resized).pngmunsters-car-dragula-Herman-Munster (resized).png
#7378 4 years ago
munsters-car-dragula-Herman-Munster.gifmunsters-car-dragula-Herman-Munster.gif
#7379 4 years ago

Great show (and movie) not convinced with the pinball aspect..and I have a faultless LE. I'll give it some time hopping for updates.

#7380 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

☹️
Emailed again just now.

Mark is no longer employed at Stern.

#7381 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Dismissed over the toppers 2 weeks away statement?

#7382 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Ah that’s why I got an email from Dorothy Brown at stern...

All the email said literally was “In April..“

Nice

#7383 4 years ago

The instruction card frames I made for my BKSOR LE got me looking at my other games. This was what I came up with next.

C3AEF96E-EC75-4984-80C1-71CA5C5E07E6 (resized).jpegC3AEF96E-EC75-4984-80C1-71CA5C5E07E6 (resized).jpeg075087AF-BDEB-478F-8C9D-7DF5F7F50956 (resized).jpeg075087AF-BDEB-478F-8C9D-7DF5F7F50956 (resized).jpeg0FDD140D-EBAF-4A7D-8408-ACA9DAC80D98 (resized).jpeg0FDD140D-EBAF-4A7D-8408-ACA9DAC80D98 (resized).jpeg
#7384 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Ouch!!!...he was a nice guy......

#7385 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

The instruction card frames I made for my BKSOR LE got me looking at my other games. This was what I came up with next.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WOW, Beautiful. can you make them for the color premium

#7386 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

The instruction card frames I made for my BKSOR LE got me looking at my other games. This was what I came up with next.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are you making these for sale?

#7387 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

There was also a Pinsider Fix for this. It's a rubber dampener that goes into the scoop. I got one and it works perfectly, no more bounce out. Look around post #4323

Yup, that was me, I designed and made those rubber bummers, after 580 games mine is still going strong. Also, for those who are breaking micro switches at Grandpa's scoop (like mine did about 100 games ago), after replacement place a small dab of clear silicone rubber on the base, wire lugs, and solider joints, this will stabilize those components and should help to extend it's life. The principle behind it is that the shock and vibration are dampened and those components move or vibrate at the same relationship.

Hope you find this useful

#7388 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Yup, that was me, I designed and made those rubber bumpers, after 580 games mine is still going strong. Also, for those who are breaking micro switches at Grandpa's scoop (like mine did about 100 games ago), after replacement place a small dab of clear silicone rubber on the base of the micro switch and wire lugs, and the solider joints of the wires. This will stabilize those components and should help to extend it's life. The principle behind it is that the shock and vibration will be slightly dampened.

Hope everyone finds this info usefull

#7389 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Yup, that was me, I designed and made those rubber bumpers, after 580 games mine is still going strong. Also, for those who are breaking micro switches at Grandpa's scoop (like mine did about 100 games ago), after replacement place a small dab of clear silicone rubber on the base of the micro switch and wire lugs, and the solider joints of the wires. This will stabilize those components and should help to extend it's life. The principle behind it is that the shock and vibration will be slightly dampened.
Hope everyone finds this info usefull

Have to try this, i have now the 3rd microswitch. the silicone thing you are speaking of makes sense. Grandpa is a big building place at my side.
Hole Protector and the microswitches, getting rid of the problems would be nice

#7390 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

WOW, Beautiful. can you make them for the color premium

This was machined out of aluminum. The screws are stainless steel. After machining and assembly, I just glass beaded it, then sprayed it with a clear coat.

What were you thinking for the color version?

#7391 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Are you making these for sale?

I was thinking about it. I have a couple of refinements to make, and it will be ready. I think I am going to remove a screw from each angled section, as well as the two sides. This will give them a little more spacing. I am going to remove two from the bottom row to keep the spacing somewhat consistent. The difference from largest spacing (the two angled sections 1.181") to the smallest (the two side sections at 1.163") is .018". I may add another magnet to the underside as well. I had the piece installed on my apron with the playfield resting on its rails. When I pushed the playfield over the bump to put the glass back on, the apron cover moved about a 1/16". I am hoping another magnet will keep it in place.

Super easy install. Just put your existing cards in the two display areas or install a custom set, and position it on top of your apron.

#7392 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

Simply, stunning!!!!

I would buy one if you were ever selling.

#7393 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Simply, stunning!!!!
I would buy one if you were ever selling.

^^^^^^ Add me to the list if there is one!

#7394 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

I was thinking about it. I have a couple of refinements to make, and it will be ready. I think I am going to remove a screw from each angled section, as well as the two sides. This will give them a little more spacing. I am going to remove two from the bottom row to keep the spacing somewhat consistent. The difference from largest spacing (the two angled sections 1.181") to the smallest (the two side sections at 1.163") is .018". I may add another magnet to the underside as well. I had the piece installed on my apron with the playfield resting on its rails. When I pushed the playfield over the bump to put the glass back on, the apron cover moved about a 1/16". I am hoping another magnet will keep it in place.
Super easy install. Just put your existing cards in the two display areas or install a custom set, and position it on top of your apron.

I have an LE so I would need a different color that I cannot visualize yet. I need to visit my local metal finishing shop and see what colors of anodize are options that I could use.

#7395 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have an LE so I would need a different color that I cannot visualize yet. I need to visit my local metal finishing shop and see what colors of anodize are options that I could use.

Suspect a black version would look amazing on the color version...

#7396 4 years ago

I've had a number of newer players over to my house recently to play my machines and I've noticed that while Munsters is a very approachable machine and people love how it shoots the code is not newbie friendly at all which Stern keeps saying was their goal. The kitty shot is so tight and is completely required for getting a score over 10 million. I had a friend over that's pretty good. Was able to get all of the modes started and made a number of shots. Had a few supers stacked up but could not hit that kitty shot even though I told him it was important. That game he came away with less than 8 million points after about 5 minutes and didn't want to play anymore. People get discouraged when they see me step up and easily shoot a 80-90 million game. To them it looks like they just did exactly what I did but they only have 5-10 mil.

These days my Munsters is getting less and less play. As the code for my Stranger Things keeps getting more mature all of the newbies to the house are flocking to it because not only is the layout approachable but they are also posting 20-40 million scores. Scores are exciting and breeds that one more time feel. They at least feel like they are being competitive and when they do get a mode going each one feels different.

I really hope Munsters gets a code overhaul that reworks the scoring and makes these modes more tied into the show. Borg has a great and approachable layout with good ball times for newbies but the code sucks for them. I enjoy the challenge and feeling when post a 200-300+ mil score but the scoring needs to reward the newbies while still being a challenge for more experienced people. It's so clear looking at my audits. There are very few scores in the 20-80 mil range. A huge number in the 1-10 mil range. I'll take out the 100+ as those are all mine. No one but me has managed over 100 in the house and my son is quite good.

#7397 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I've had a number of newer players over to my house recently to play my machines and I've noticed that while Munsters is a very approachable machine and people love how it shoots the code is not newbie friendly at all which Stern keeps saying was their goal. The kitty shot is so tight and is completely required for getting a score over 10 million. I had a friend over that's pretty good. Was able to get all of the modes started and made a number of shots. Had a few supers stacked up but could not hit that kitty shot even though I told him it was important. That game he came away with less than 8 million points after about 5 minutes and didn't want to play anymore. People get discouraged when they see me step up and easily shoot a 80-90 million game. To them it looks like they just did exactly what I did but they only have 5-10 mil.
These days my Munsters is getting less and less play. As the code for my Stranger Things keeps getting more mature all of the newbies to the house are flocking to it because not only is the layout approachable but they are also posting 20-40 million scores. Scores are exciting and breeds that one more time feel. They at least feel like they are being competitive and when they do get a mode going each one feels different.
I really hope Munsters gets a code overhaul that reworks the scoring and makes these modes more tied into the show. Borg has a great and approachable layout with good ball times for newbies but the code sucks for them. I enjoy the challenge and feeling when post a 200-300+ mil score but the scoring needs to reward the newbies while still being a challenge for more experienced people. It's so clear looking at my audits. There are very few scores in the 20-80 mil range. A huge number in the 1-10 mil range. I'll take out the 100+ as those are all mine. No one but me has managed over 100 in the house and my son is quite good.

Another year and half to wait.....

#7398 4 years ago

Well stated. Would you please send this to:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

They need to know what you just wrote. Thanks!

#7399 4 years ago

Genuinely jealous.

I’m still working with Stern to get issues acknowledged and addressed with my Stranger Things Premium which is parked next to my active Munsters Premium.

I’ve only been able to play it very little as I’m still dialing it in (can’t get TK multiball lock to work consistently, can’t get deflected Demo shots to stop hitting the glass, and they sent the wrong apron with my uv kit so I’m waiting to hear from parts dept about getting the right one).

My wife wants me to give ST back to Stern at this point.

I’m looking forward to being able to have them both competing for me and my friends attention side by side.

It’s the 4th Brian Eddy game in my collection. His games are hard to compete with.

#7400 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Genuinely jealous.
I’m still working with Stern to get issues acknowledged and addressed with my Stranger Things Premium which is parked next to my active Munsters Premium.
I’ve only been able to play it very little as I’m still dialing it in (can’t get TK multiball lock to work consistently, can’t get deflected Demo shots to stop hitting the glass, and they sent the wrong apron with my uv kit so I’m waiting to hear from parts dept about getting the right one).
My wife wants me to give ST back to Stern at this point.
I’m looking forward to being able to have them both competing for me and my friends attention side by side.
It’s the 4th Brian Eddy game in my collection. His games are hard to compete with.

I have the pro's of each and my stranger things is one of the earlier builds. Not the first 100 but early Jan build and have had my share of issues. A lot of them on the pro turned out to be software bugs that looked like hardware issues thankfully. Only major issue I have still is that my ramp is built wrong so can't make the demo shot. For that first month I felt the same way as you until the software issues were fixed. Now it is just getting better and better and I can't wait for the UV kit to show up tomorrow with, hopefully, the ramp kit to finally fix that issue. I'm also hoping my replacement grampa scoop will also be in that package as mine is bent to all heck on the Munsters. I can't speak to the Premiums but people usually walk up to the munsters and play a quick game and then just play stranger things the rest of the night. My poor ol' F-14 gets no love from anyone but me lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/148?hl=jaylar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.