IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg

There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 237.
#7051 4 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Munsters LE was my first machine but to be honest im glad i sold it. What an boring game comparing with JP2, Potc or IM.
Thought the lower playfield gives an extra dimension but its no fun with those little balls.
So if you want to buy an Munsters, please play on it first or watch yt videos.

It is all a matter of opinion. IM was not for me. I tried the new JP and was not impressed but I was told to give it more time. Not a big fan POTC, either. But Munsters pushed my buttons. The first ball I shot brought a smile to my face. My first orbit and I did a little dance. Here was a game I could play and god damn if it didn't give my money's worth. Right next door was IM and my experience there was shoot-drain and repeat---30 seconds and Ball 3 was gone. I went back to Munsters.

It is all a matter of what trips your trigger. I'm not all that interested in the "deep" pins that try and tell me a story. I like lots of flipper friendly shots coming in fast. The kind of flipper action that makes me feel like I am in a sword fight. Munsters delivers. But this is my opinion only. You found it boring but it gives me an adrenaline rush.

#7052 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Time for an avatar change, I'd say.....

and a name change too!

#7053 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

If i was rich i would be more patient and wait for better code but it is Dwight and 3 years is a long time in pinball ownership.

The coming update will no way be near that fiasco of Ghostbusters, Gary wants units to sell now while on the assembly line not after production ended for there is no new monies in that approach to be had. Rumors (as we all heard one or two) has it that this is Dwight current project to address Munster's before stepping onto something new. Who knows but patience for the win on this one.

#7054 4 years ago

Traded my Maiden for Munsters.

Maiden was a fun game with deep code but the theme did nothing for me.

Looking forward to something new, and the dark themes within Munsters is up my alley.

Get the game this Sunday. Pro version.

#7055 4 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Munsters LE was my first machine but to be honest im glad i sold it. What an boring game comparing with JP2, Potc or IM.
Thought the lower playfield gives an extra dimension but its no fun with those little balls.
So if you want to buy an Munsters, please play on it first or watch yt videos.
Sorry, just had to say this. I should have an weak spot for it because its my first pinball machine but like i said, glad its gone!

Sorry to tell you, but all pinball machine play turns to "chopping wood" once you master the game. It appears that your play was more like chopping wood learning. Until one demonstrates relative mastery of any pinball machine, they don't really appreciate the nuance of the game. Watch any papa video and if you follow the suggested strategies, it all becomes wood-chopping once you master the drain vectors and rules set.. on every game. I own munsters. I bought it for more casual players and it earns just fine in that environment. I enjoy the play. I think the game plays almost just like Ironman. Everyone loves that game, don't they?

#7056 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Sorry to tell you, but all pinball machine play turns to "chopping wood" once you master the game. It appears that your play was more like chopping wood learning. Until one demonstrates relative mastery of any pinball machine, they don't really appreciate the nuance of the game. Watch any papa video and if you follow the suggested strategies, it all becomes wood-chopping once you master the drain vectors and rules set.. on every game. I own munsters. I bought it for more casual players and it earns just fine in that environment. I enjoy the play. I think the game plays almost just like Ironman. Everyone loves that game, don't they?

I think this sort of nails it. The game puts a smile on my face when I play it. When it feels boring, I move to a different machine. ALL machines fall in this category, imho. If there was only one machine that you could ever play (regardless of title), it would get old eventually. I love Munsters!!!

#7057 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Sure, Munsters is very easy to learn because the code is not deep. Of course i step on toes by munster owners i c but its fine.

Some like beer others like green organic juice. I prefer beer

#7058 4 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

because the code is not deep

Deep does not necessarily equal fun. There are plenty of deep games that are great and fun to play, then there are other deep ones that are not so much fun to play and it becomes work rather then enjoyment. The same applies to shallow games as well, what it boils down to does the game grab you or not, that's where the yah or nay comes in.

#7059 4 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Sure, Munsters is very easy to learn because the code is not deep. Of course i step on toes by munster owners i c but its fine.
Some like beer others like green organic juice. I prefer beer

Are you fixing your user name too (obviously all in w Munsters, and now your love is gone)? My toes are good, and prefer bourbon, actually....

#7060 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I see more than 300mm in your future. Haha

I will keep you posted, I have Premium at home and there is a pro on location 3 miles from my house.

Side note I just swapped out the factory rubbers for Titans, upper and lower, its like totally different game now. I really got into it after the change. Shots feel easier, might be the placebo effect but I will also report on that after a few more games.

#7061 4 years ago

This "is" a members only thread...if you sold and moved on, fine...but please do. I still like my Munsters. I do believe another code could really make it epic.

#7062 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

ALL machines fall in this category, imho.

Yes. And Pinside's Marketplace supports this thought. Some guys have 50 pins in their collection and are bored with them all: I am selling my...". Looking for trades. etc.

#7063 4 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

“Welcome to the party Pal!”...aka John McClane
Love my munsters Premium to death!
Wish I had waited until one popped up near me for only $6100 as I paid a full grand more than that for a NIB that I got to pick up from the Stern factory. That said...the game is worth Every bit of what I paid for it! When friends are over, it never sits idle.
Anyone on the fence that can find a premium for $6000 +/- should snap it up!
Welcome aboard Sulli!

That's probably my ad you saw. I had it down to $5,800 on all the local selling sites for two month. The only offer I got was to trade it for a 2002 Ford Explorer. Lol. Also one pinsider who offered me $4,500 for it. Not sure why it's a bear to sell. I think it's Stern's best looking game they've ever made.

#7064 4 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

Not sure why it's a bear to sell. I think it's Stern's best looking game they've ever made.

It certainly is one of the nicest looking games. But unless someone wants it as a piece of art, that doesn’t matter. Game play does. Unless/until new code is released the Munsters market is a buyer’s market, more so than other recent titles.

It’s hard to sell because there is plenty of inventory out there, NIB and used. There may also be some hesitation on used games because of early production clear issues. I know a couple people that sold Munsters to fund JP2 and STH. One really surprised me because Munsters was a dream theme, but it seems like there is more game churning these days. I don’t understand why anyone sells such a new game so fast unless it’s code related or a financial emergency comes up.

#7065 4 years ago

In my case I played Elvira and loved it more. I love Halloween and like horror themes. Munsters fit the bill and was beautiful. I still like the game, but I'd rather stare at Elvira on the Backglass and have her talk to me while playing vs seeing and hearing Grandpa Munster.

#7066 4 years ago

IMO, it is key that Dwight makes the code much better (yes, its good now, but not epic like it should be). If he doesn’t I won’t be buying another game coded by him. Game prices are too high to not have it much deeper than it is or rather without having a great deal more show content with modes added. The show itself is the reason why most people buy this game, right? Although it shoots so well and has a unique and fun lower PF, people buy this game for the theme and beloved TV series. Dwight has not included much show material, other than end of ball sequences that really don’t count much imo. I want to see modes attached to a great deal more show material. I know Dwight can do it, because he did it on SW, that has lots of show material included in the game, as modes. We pay in Australia, $12,250.00 for a NIB Stern premium. That is way too high to just be a simple coded, shallow TV mode game experience, for just stepping up for a quick play now and again. I’ve heard apologist say Stern was going for a simple game, sorry but that kind of poor excuse thinking angers me at these high prices.

If Stern’s goal was actually to create a simple easy to pickup and play game, then give us a simple easy to pay half price tag and I won’t complain. I hear people in the USA complaining about paying $7250 for a Stern premium (street price), but try paying $5,000.00 more for the same game! Yes I know exchange rate difference, but it was not that long ago, when the Auzzie dollar was worth more than the US dollar. A dollar to us is still as important and valued as it is to those in the USA. My point is, games at these high prices should be epic code wise, not just simple or shallow, which Munsters is widely known for around the world.

Code is probably the most important aspect of almost any game in order to last in the home environment. Having said all that, I’m sure everyone here knows we love our Munsters game. Just want us and other people to feel we got out monies worth and have a game that is hard to find, rather than a game that is loaded with unsold inventory (new and used) easily found everywhere and even difficult to sell. That is a travesty for Munsters, since it really does have it all, except lots of coded TV show modes with material depth. Come on Dwight, do the game justice. It is very important to Dwight’s legacy in the business to make Munsters epic. He has done so well with all his other games. Love his code on SW. It is epic, so I know he can do it for Munsters too. This will only make good business sense for Stern to make this game shine. There still are loads of people standing on the sidelines waiting to buy a game that has everything else going for it. Munsters should be epic code wise, just like Batman 66. Lyman’s legacy is huge because of it. Please Dwight, do the same thing, because we know you can!

#7067 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

IMO, it is key that Dwight makes the code much better (yes, its good now, but not epic like it should be). If he doesn’t I won’t be buying another game coded by him. Game prices are too high to not have it much deeper than it is or rather without having a great deal more show content with modes added. The show itself is the reason why most people buy this game, right? Although it shoots so well and has a unique and fun lower PF, people buy this game for the theme and beloved TV series. Dwight has not included much show material, other than end of ball sequences that really don’t count much imo. I want to see modes attached to a great deal more show material
...a travesty for Munsters, since it really does have it all, except lots of coded TV show material depth. Come on Dwight, do the game justice.
... This will only make good business sense for Stern to make this game shine. There still are loads of people standing on the sidelines waiting to buy a game that has everything else going for it.

What really ticks me off is having listened to what Borg went through to select the show assets is how so few of them were actually used.

Munsters should have sold in the JP2 numbers territory. Instead Stern gave the finger to LE buyers by upping the number at the last minute, delaying the announcement of the color Premium, and going radio silent on playfield clear issues while dealers sat on inventory people were afraid to buy. And then of course there was Dwight saying the code was pretty much done at release.

I’m glad most people who own the game like it as is because I don’t see Stern doing anything to goose sales of the title before the license runs out which is a shame.

#7068 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

IMO, it is key that Dwight makes the code much better (yes, its good now, but not epic like it should be). If he doesn’t I won’t be buying another game coded by him. Game prices are too high to not have it much deeper than it is or rather without having a great deal more show content added. The show itself is the reason why most people buy this game, right? Although it shoots so well and has a unique and fun lower PF, people buy this game for the theme and beloved TV series. Dwight has not included much show material, other than end of ball sequences that really don’t count much imo. I want to see modes attached to a great deal more show material. I know Dwight can do it, because he did it on SW, that has lots of show material included in the game, as modes. We pay in Australia, $12,250.00 for a NIB Stern premium. That is way to high to just be a simple coded, shallow TV game experience, for just stepping up for a quick play now and again. I’ve heard people say Stern was going for a simple game, sorry but that kind of thinking angers me at these high prices.
If Stern’s goal was actually to create a simple easy to pickup and play game, then give us a simple easy to pay half price tag and I won’t complain. I hear people in the USA complaining about paying $7250 for a Stern premium (street price), but try paying $5,000.00 more for the same game! Yes I know exchange rate difference, but it was not that long ago, when the Auzzie dollar was worth more than the US dollar. A dollar to us is still as important and valued as it is to those in the USA. My point is, games at these high prices should be epic code wise, not just simple or shallow, which Munsters is widely known for around the world.
Code is probably the most important aspect of almost any game in order to last in the home environment. Having said all that, I’m sure everyone here knows we love our Munsters game. Just want us and other people to feel we got out monies worth and have a game that is hard to find, rather than a game that is loaded with unsold inventory (new and used) easily found everywhere and even difficult to sell. That is a travesty for Munsters, since it really does have it all, except lots of coded TV show material depth. Come on Dwight, do the game justice. It is very important to Dwight’s legacy in the business to make Munsters epic. He has done so well with all his other games. Love his code on SW. It is epic, so I know he can do it for Munsters too. This will only make good business sense for Stern to make this game shine. There still are loads of people standing on the sidelines waiting to buy a game that has everything else going for it.

Stern just need to listen to the people that buy games. Not the 95% that complain about everything and do not buy any Stern NIB, nor do they have any intention of buying a Stern NIB. The code is the code for now. Stern wanted to release a game with nearly completed code to shut up all the complaining. Good part about all the complaining is we may get a code update. A few small changes will make massive difference to the code overall. It does no good blaming Dwight, I am not so sure that it is his decision. We are happy with ours either way.

If there is plenty of inventory, a code update is a good way of clearing it out. Kiss is a good example.

Remember there are over 60 MUNLE in Australia. More than plenty to go around and most people that wanted one got one or bought a used one already. We are not a large market. Any one that has a MUNLE for sale now, may have to wait a while for someone to want the game. At the same time, Stern are smashing out 3 new games with a least 1 vault and 1 boutique. At least 5 new games per year, plus all the other manufacturers. Plenty of good choices. Money invested in pinball is not your retirement fund, it is only money invested in fun. If you have bought games as an investment, my advice is get out now. The market is getting smashed with titles faster than it is growing, people cannot expect to get their money back on machines.

#7069 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Stern just need to listen to the people that buy games. Not the 95% that complain about everything and do not buy any Stern NIB, nor do they have any intention of buying a Stern NIB. The code is the code for now. Stern wanted to release a game with nearly completed code to shut up all the complaining. Good part about all the complaining is we may get a code update. A few small changes will make massive difference to the code overall. It does no good blaming Dwight, I am not so sure that it is his decision. We are happy with ours either way.
If there is plenty of inventory, a code update is a good way of clearing it out. Kiss is a good example.
Remember there are over 60 MUNLE in Australia. More than plenty to go around and most people that wanted one got one or bought a used one already. We are not a large market. Any one that has a MUNLE for sale now, may have to wait a while for someone to want the game. At the same time, Stern are smashing out 3 new games with a least 1 vault and 1 boutique. At least 5 new games per year, plus all the other manufacturers. Plenty of good choices. Money invested in pinball is not your retirement fund, it is only money invested in fun. If you have bought games as an investment, my advice is get out now. The market is getting smashed with titles faster than it is growing, people cannot expect to get their money back on machines.

Some good points, but I disagree about getting good prices for well coded games in Oz, even with all the releases. Going prices for well coded top themed games are holding near the original sales price. Only Munsters is not holding near original sales price value, because of code only. The Oz market maybe small, but big enough for the great themes Stern is putting out, as long as the code is there too. 3 corner stone games per year is not much. Really, 2019 only had 2 new Stern top theme selections with wide appeal, being Munsters and Jurassic Park. That is not many at all, so don’t think the market is over loaded with great themed machines coming out.

Theme is what sells games. Just look at how 2019 Munsters LE and Jurassic Park LE’s were almost instant sell outs in Australia. 2019 released Stranger Things LE, Elvira LE and Black Knight LEs still have not sold out and we’re now into 2020!

#7070 4 years ago

Boy...this sounds like I hate Munsters thread... that thread is on Pinside.... use it...

#7071 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Boy...this sounds like I hate Munsters thread... that thread id on Pinside.... use it...

You got that wrong. We love Munsters! This is club talk by us owners about how this game might become epic, that’s it. No hate involved at all. Good place and really the only place where people have real interest in this game improving.

#7072 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Boy...this sounds like I hate Munsters thread... that thread is on Pinside.... use it...

Not at all. My wife and I love the game, not leaving our collection anytime soon. I really enjoy the short ball times and keep smashing Kitty to keep your multipliers up! Very good game for improving flipper skills.

#7073 4 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

My suggestion for dusting the lower play field glass would be to raise your play field and remove the lower play field to wipe the clear acrylic window from the underside (while its still attached to the main play field).
This minimizes the number of screws you have to fiddle with, while insuring that you don’t have to level the acrylic window every time.
The lower play field only has two connectors and 4 nuts to deal with so it’s really a snap to take off and put back on.

Easy. Thanks. Will never remove the acrylic window again unless it is to replace. Appreciate it. Never thought to drop lower playfield out. FigureD the window would be easier. Wrong. You ARE correct

#7074 4 years ago

Hey guys just a heads up a little piece of self adhesive backed magnet tape works really well to ensure that right mini ramp registers every time!!

F7026D0F-60F9-4A0A-B2F9-B98243BB1ED0 (resized).jpegF7026D0F-60F9-4A0A-B2F9-B98243BB1ED0 (resized).jpegD051BABE-B4E1-4156-85C4-70C47B765759 (resized).jpegD051BABE-B4E1-4156-85C4-70C47B765759 (resized).jpeg
#7075 4 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Hey guys just a heads up a little piece of self adhesive backed magnet tape works really well to ensure that right mini ramp registers every time!![quoted image][quoted image]

That’s one way to do it.I just put some Mylar on top of the curve and it worked %100.I’ll put the plastic one on shortly.The ball was over the opto beam in my case.Either way it makes the lower Playfield a real nice feature now and very playable with strategy.

#7076 4 years ago

finally cracked 300 mil. Was sitting at 295 for a long time. I gotta say this machine has been super reliable. A few small tweaks out of the box but no real issues (knock on wood)

IMG_20200119_170954 (resized).jpgIMG_20200119_170954 (resized).jpg
#7077 4 years ago
Quoted from locksmith:

That’s one way to do it.I just put some Mylar on top of the curve and it worked %100.I’ll put the plastic one on shortly.The ball was over the opto beam in my case.Either way it makes the lower Playfield a real nice feature now and very playable with strategy.

This is "the" fix I think...

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0093-00&Category_Code=featured-products

#7078 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

finally cracked 300 mil. Was sitting at 295 for a long time. I gotta say this machine has been super reliable. A few small tweaks out of the box but no real issues (knock on wood)[quoted image]

Congrats!!!...I've gotten to 311 million...once. Not exactly sure how I did it but definitely was bashing kitty, Raven multiball, and one of the rare times I was able to consistently hit Spot.....normally live in the 150 range....super fun game

#7079 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Instead Stern gave the finger to LE buyers by upping the number at the last minute, delaying the announcement of the color Premium, and going radio silent on playfield clear issues while dealers sat on inventory people were afraid to buy.

Im not going to lie. When I started seeing colored prems I got kind of mad...That was messed up

I will also agree. If they dont come out with a new update this is going to be a total failure of a game. Im hoping it will be a lot like Deadpool was. It wasnt the best when it first came out but that final update totally changed the game and it is now my favorite.

Theres a lot in the Munsters you can tell still needs to be added. Like Eddie for instance. OK so do the spinners to anything hahah? also what is the point other than getting a super jackpot. Eddie is just of many examples. I dont like how Herman becomes a pointless shot after a multiball and another hurryup. I would like to see them doing something more with the lower playfield after grandpa has been beat. And the enlargement ray for anything other than the Pro is....a waste of a mode really.

I really want to like this game. I think all it needs is a good software update (I really wish they did something else with the Drac shot too. like a little ramp or something to make it go in smoother and then shoot it out under it or something, that would make those rebound shots off Lily impossible though). I tend to find games where i cant be consistent with the score to be frustrating, this game can be that way sometimes with the Kitty shot being key. If you cant find that shot you will have a hard time putting up ok scores. It can be a brutal game sometimes with the standups on either side of the ramps too.

I will be holding onto mine until I see what they do with the software. Still think the colored Prem thing was really really messed up by Stern.

#7080 4 years ago
Quoted from BigJoeCincy:

I will be holding onto mine until I see what they do with the software.

I would like to believe the rumors that Stern is doing a big update but with their move away from three titles into more each year I’m thinking it’s less and less likely. I’m sure they know there is NIB Munsters $ sitting on the sidelines waiting to see what happens with the code (and to some extent whether the clear issues are behind us for now), but with more new titles to choose from Stern may not care as much about “older” titles they still have a license to produce as they once might have.

I am bitter about how they treated Munsters and Borg after seeing the passion he put into the game. I haven’t given up hope on owning a BW Premium but with the floor space that Munsters was going to take now being taken by Elvira it’s less likely.

#7081 4 years ago

Each person is going to have their likes and dislikes. The B/W was my second NIB, also the first to buy without first playing it. I am not great at playing, I just enjoy pinball. When I heard about this game prior to the release I loved the concept. I held out for a bit, mainly cost, not rolling in the $$. And just as I was getting ready to purchase they came out with a color version of the premium. After a few extra weeks to think it out I felt it is best in B/W. Now after having the machine for a few months bottom line, I am just not feeling it. It seems it is designed to easily lose the ball, without any effort. Example, the ball just makes a straight shot down the center play field. At this point, I will most likely going to put it up for sale this time next year.

#7082 4 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

It seems it is designed to easily lose the ball, without any effort. Example, the ball just makes a straight shot down the center play field.

It sounds like you are talking about the Herman magnet just dropping the ball SDTM. Am I guessing correctly to what you are saying? Other than that, I cannot relate to what you are saying.

I can relate to this pin slipping those balls right past the flippers with ease. But I can also relate that when you hit the start button you are going to get some flipper action.

My LE gives me a lot of flipper friendly shots. And usually when the ball drains it is because I made the wrong move.

#7083 4 years ago

I've had Herman shoot it right down the middle but it's one in 20 games or so and usually when he's not really something you want to shoot for and not lit. I don't really feel it's that cheap. The slings can be dangerous so I have tweaked the power on those as they turned to go pop pop outlane.

#7084 4 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

It seems it is designed to easily lose the ball, without any effort.

A friend of mine has an AC-DC. The way his plays is if you don't shake the shit out of it when the ball is leaving the shooter lane, the ball is going to drain.

Its your pin. Loosen the tilt bob and set it up so you can do some serious nudging. And when Herman gets ready to let that ball go, just starting nudging and you can save some of those shots.

You are not going to hurt the pin. It is designed to be nudged.

#7085 4 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

Each person is going to have their likes and dislikes. The B/W was my second NIB, also the first to buy without first playing it. I am not great at playing, I just enjoy pinball. When I heard about this game prior to the release I loved the concept. I held out for a bit, mainly cost, not rolling in the $$. And just as I was getting ready to purchase they came out with a color version of the premium. After a few extra weeks to think it out I felt it is best in B/W. Now after having the machine for a few months bottom line, I am just not feeling it. It seems it is designed to easily lose the ball, without any effort. Example, the ball just makes a straight shot down the center play field. At this point, I will most likely going to put it up for sale this time next year.

Hi,
I am not a very good player either and yes I have games where Munster's is a drain monster, but, I have also had a few really good games where the Magic of this pin comes out. Some pins are designed that way. Some good examples of that design for me are Iron Man, Tron, and Avatar. Oh by the way, all of those three pins were mechanically designed by the same guy as Munsters (Borg). Yes the game needs some more software love and hopefully that happens. I think waiting to sell it over the next year is a good idea. It will give you a chance to play it some more and who knows? As you build / change out your collection, you may want to look for games that are known to have longer ball times like LOTR and Hobbit.
Best wishes

#7086 4 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

It seems it is designed to easily lose the ball, without any effort.

I agree. It really is a drain machine. I closed the outlanes (which is a huge pain on this game for some reason) and it still finds its way down a lot. Its not just Herman. Its the stand ups on either side of the ramps and some ill placed rubbers and things. Thats also what I meant but getting frustrated when its hard to be consistent with my score. I felt like my Metallica was like that sometimes too, with Munsters its different though because even a drain game can be kind of fun on MET. Not so much with Munsters and that Kitty shot requirement for a good score can get frustrating. I think it has a lot of potential though, I really believe they will come out with a software update that will make a big difference. Once you get 3 good balls going the game shows what it could do

#7087 4 years ago
Quoted from BigJoeCincy:

I agree. It really is a drain machine. I closed the outlanes (which is a huge pain on this game for some reason) and it still finds its way down a lot. Its not just Herman. Its the stand ups on either side of the ramps and some ill placed rubbers and things. Thats also what I meant but getting frustrated when its hard to be consistent with my score. I felt like my Metallica was like that sometimes too, with Munsters its different though because even a drain game can be kind of fun on MET. Not so much with Munsters and that Kitty shot requirement for a good score can get frustrating. I think it has a lot of potential though, I really believe they will come out with a software update that will make a big difference. Once you get 3 good balls going the game shows what it could do

Yes, other examples, if it does not completely go up Spots ramp, it will shot straight down the center with no ability to hit. Another, is the right side paddle, if the ball has enough speed on it, it will roll upwards and down the gutter. Lot of bounce on the left side between Marilyn and Eddie, the railing between them, get a lot of hits on that down onto the far side (left) gutter. As I stated, I am not great at pinball, but unless you remove the tilt weight and are shaking the hell out of it, not sure what else you can do.

#7088 4 years ago

Practice makes perfect. If you practice nudging and improving your accuracy these issues go away.

There are games that don’t drain often off misses.

Lord of the rings
Alice Cooper
Houdini
Oktoberfest
Batman 66

Might be up your alley if you’re looking for a new game.

#7089 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Practice makes perfect. If you practice nudging and improving your accuracy these issues go away.
There are games that don’t drain often off misses.
Lord of the rings
Alice Cooper
Houdini
Oktoberfest
Batman 66
Might be up your alley if you’re looking for a new game.

I have to LOL, my other NIB is Batman 66, which I do enjoy. I will practice I guess, any suggestions on youtube's that give tips? Thank you.

#7090 4 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

I have to LOL, my other NIB is Batman 66, which I do enjoy. I will practice I guess, any suggestions on youtube's that give tips? Thank you.

Go to pinballvideos.com and search games you like and watch competitive footage of them. You will see nudging and flipper skills used constantly. Try to learn those things.

#7091 4 years ago

Getting good at munsters has really improved my play generally. It is a fast game but there are a lot of options to practice drop catches and live catches especially on the pro. I've gotten so good with drop catches from this machine that it's started to become second nature and without thinking I just started using it in league and tournament matches. Ball control is also key. It's pretty easy to post pass so instead of taking that dangerous shot I now post pass and take the safer shots. Since it's so easy to get multi balls it's also great for learning to control multiple balls. Something I'm currently using it to get better at. It is satisfying getting three or for balls in a cradle even if I'm horrible at dealing with that situation still

#7092 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

A friend of mine has an AC-DC. The way his plays is if you don't shake the shit out of it when the ball is leaving the shooter lane, the ball is going to drain.
Its your pin. Loosen the tilt bob and set it up so you can do some serious nudging. And when Herman gets ready to let that ball go, just starting nudging and you can save some of those shots.
You are not going to hurt the pin. It is designed to be nudged.

I second this.

First thing I do after I get my pin setup And leveled is toss the plumb bob in the coin box.

#7093 4 years ago

How many plays have you guys put on your Munsters games so far? I haven't played mine much, only got about 700 I think?

#7094 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How many plays have you guys put on your Munsters games so far? I haven't played mine much, only got about 700 I think?

Im still pretty low on mine too. I think Im around 400

#7095 4 years ago

I was at 1300 last I checked

#7096 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Looked about 2 weeks ago, had about 1000 games. Most of these were the played by the grand-kids. Had this premium since late May 2019.

#7097 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

We are up to 440. That is not bad for us considering there is only really two of us playing our games.

#7098 4 years ago

Lifetime 286 games played.

#7099 4 years ago

I figured all of you guys would have way more plays than me. I just played a few games on mine, i still love it!

#7100 4 years ago

whats this difference between "total games" and Lifetime...???

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 210.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
5,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/142?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.