IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg

There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 237.
#6951 4 years ago

Had my LE since March and still like the game. All initial code problems were fixed with updates. I ordered a Topper, but cancelled it when I read of all the QC problems others were having. I know guys that have sent their topper back 2x and the 3rd one received is still not working correctly. For that price tag it should have been tested and tweaked before the 1st one was shipped. Sorry, but this makes it look like Stern does not care enough about the quality of their toppers or their customers' time and/or frustration. I purchased several Munster plastic model kits years ago, and will build and attach them as topper instead, at this point. No biggy!

#6952 4 years ago

Hello fellow owners. Can someone with a lower playfield tell me if it always has power? Seems like before the update it only had power to the little flippers when you were in grandpas lab. Now however I can flip the little flippers even when I’m not in the lab? Is it designed this way?? Side Note I can also actuate the 50 V flippers when in the lab. Didn’t it lock out power there before? Was it always like that?

#6953 4 years ago
Quoted from Hillel:

Had my LE since March and still like the game. All initial code problems were fixed with updates. I ordered a Topper, but cancelled it when I read of all the QC problems others were having. I know guys that have sent their topper back 2x and the 3rd one received is still not working correctly. For that price tag it should have been tested and tweaked before the 1st one was shipped. Sorry, but this makes it look like Stern does not care enough about the quality of their toppers or their customers' time and/or frustration. I purchased several Munster plastic model kits years ago, and will build and attach them as topper instead, at this point. No biggy!

I'm pretty sure the topper issues are worked out now.....someone correct me if I am wrong. At least mine works well. Anyway i do reccomend this topper if you really love this game and plan on keeping it because it really is very very cool.

#6954 4 years ago
41FA6702-F23E-4D32-9B11-B13758437355 (resized).jpeg41FA6702-F23E-4D32-9B11-B13758437355 (resized).jpeg
#6955 4 years ago

How’s the game with the shaker? Worth it?

#6956 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm pretty sure the topper issues are worked out now.....someone correct me if I am wrong. At least mine works well. Anyway i do reccomend this topper if you really love this game and plan on keeping it because it really is very very cool.

Depending on the issue (if stuck hands) it’s easily fixable (5 min fix).

Can’t speak to any other issues.

Honestly the topper takes this game from good to great for me. In my opinion it is the code update everyone’s been wishing for.

While it doesn’t add new show content in the way of new clips, things like raven multi-ball and such are crazy over the top with the actual raven reacting and commenting and coming out to taunt you and count down the end of modes and stuff.

Sometimes he even comes out to heckle you on your game over.

#6957 4 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

How’s the game with the shaker? Worth it?

This game only really shakes when you hit the jackpots or hit the Herman bash toy.

It doesn’t really overdo it with the shaking. But it’s not as well integrated as in say AFM.

If you like shake already, it’s decent. If you aren’t a fan of shake, this game won’t be the one to sell you on it.

#6958 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

This game only really shakes when you hit the jackpots or hit the Herman bash toy.
It doesn’t really overdo it with the shaking. But it’s not as well integrated as in say AFM.
If you like shake already, it’s decent. If you aren’t a fan of shake, this game won’t be the one to sell you on it.

Thanks for the feedback. sounds like the topper is the way to go on this title as far as best mod goes...

#6959 4 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Thanks for the feedback. sounds like the topper is the way to go on this title as far as best mod goes...

This topper is really good. It's worth the 425.00 because it's so interactive and it's also really nice. My new IMDN topper that I just got that cost 399.00.....its worth 200 max.

#6960 4 years ago

So I received my topper last week, I removed it from the box today to install and there was a loose screw in the plastic bag that wraps around the topper,
So I pulled the topper apart and found where the screw came from, there was also another screw that was nearly all the way out, so I checked all the other screws and nuts and about 80% of them were loose or could have been tightened up a bit more, so i would recommend to everyone that has this topper to check all the screws and nuts in there topper,
In the photo below were the red arrow is the nylon piece slides up and down on the metal base every time the raven pops in and out, I am thinking about putting a bit of super lube on here to make it easier for it to slide so there is no friction.

Also, whilst I have the topper apart I am going to replace the raven white light to possible a red light, do you thing red would suit?

I also just want to confirm that the clock only has one hand?

Cheers
Trevor

69A1D08A-A113-410C-8BC4-8648A0D0E487 (resized).jpeg69A1D08A-A113-410C-8BC4-8648A0D0E487 (resized).jpegF7B295C9-90AD-4D66-BD86-18A91361E1E7 (resized).jpegF7B295C9-90AD-4D66-BD86-18A91361E1E7 (resized).jpeg
#6961 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

So I received my topper last week, I removed it from the box today to install and there was a loose screw in the plastic bag that wraps around the topper,
So I pulled the topper apart and found where the screw came from, there was also another screw that was nearly all the way out, so I checked all the other screws and nuts and about 80% of them were loose or could have been tightened up a bit more, so i would recommend to everyone that has this topper to check all the screws and nuts in there topper,
In the photo below were the red arrow is the nylon piece slides up and down on the metal base every time the raven pops in and out, I am thinking about putting a bit of super lube on here to make it easier for it to slide so there is no friction.
Also, whilst I have the topper apart I am going to replace the raven white light to possible a red light, do you thing red would suit?
Cheers
Trevor[quoted image][quoted image]

A drop of lubes may not be a bad idea. I'd say a red or maybe even a purple light would look good in the raven door.

#6962 4 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Hello fellow owners. Can someone with a lower playfield tell me if it always has power? Seems like before the update it only had power to the little flippers when you were in grandpas lab. Now however I can flip the little flippers even when I’m not in the lab? Is it designed this way?? Side Note I can also actuate the 50 V flippers when in the lab. Didn’t it lock out power there before? Was it always like that?

My lower PF has the flippers working any time there is a game in play, unless ball drains.
I cant remember how it was before the code update

#6963 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

My lower PF has the flippers working any time there is a game in play, unless ball drains.
I cant remember how it was before the code update

Mine isthe same way. The flippers are always active. I have had the lower play field turned off for a few weeks and even then the flippers are still active.

#6964 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Cheers

Edit - 1 per Who Dey below.

#6965 4 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Still waiting for them to go back on sale on the Stern site....

#6966 4 years ago

anyone else having a bit of fog build up on the lower playfield glass? Any use fog-x or anything similar?

#6967 4 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

anyone else having a bit of fog build up on the lower playfield glass? Any use fog-x or anything similar?

Its probably just dirty as hell. That lower playfield gets pretty dirty down there, lots of coil dust from the flippers.

#6968 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Mine only has one. I think thats all its suppose to have.

#6969 4 years ago

My lower PF glass gets dirty/foggy as well.
I usually clean mine every 250 games or so including blowing out the entire cab with compressed air then a long vacuum session.
I dont think its fog on mine.
I did used some wax on both sides of the glass this weekend I will post if that seems to help after some games.

#6970 4 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Same here. Just removed it and cleaned the underside with Novus 1 and a microfiber cloth. Be careful not to scratch it by using a paper towel, etc. Just make sure when you re-install , use the credit card method to make sure it's level with the playfield.

#6971 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its probably just dirty as hell. That lower playfield gets pretty dirty down there, lots of coil dust from the flippers.

Yes. Coil dust. I pulled mine awhile back and cleaned it but it does not take long for the coil dust to come back. You learn to tolerate small things like this.

#6972 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yes. Coil dust. I pulled mine awhile back and cleaned it but it does not take long for the coil dust to come back. You learn to tolerate small things like this.

It is actually dust from the Stern flipper rubbers. I removed and replaced with Titian silicone on the flippers and all other lower playfield rubber rings too. Now there is zero fog or dust and window always stays clear.

#6973 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Cheers

Thanks for posting.

The nylon is the lube. I would not put anything there as it will only collect the coil dust and become grinding paste. When I get some time, I am thinking about bending the bracket the light is on so it does not shine straight into everyone eyes.

Our clock hand occasionally keeps spinning and does not stop until you turn the game off. I have emailed Stern a few times and got no response. I am fairly sure it is the node board in the topper of a faulty opto. I have already had the topper apart a couple of times and I am not keep to do it again to find another fuck up from Stern.

#6974 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

The nylon is the lube. I would not put anything there as it will only collect the coil dust and become grinding paste. When I get some time, I am thinking about bending the bracket the light is on so it does not shine straight into everyone eyes.
Our clock hand occasionally keeps spinning and does not stop until you turn the game off. I have emailed Stern a few times and got no response. I am fairly sure it is the node board in the topper of a faulty opto. I have already had the topper apart a couple of times and I am not keep to do it again to find another fuck up from Stern.

Agreed...anything on that nylon will eventually gum it up (like a coil sleeve). If anything, I'd put a slight graphite dust on the door hinges...helped ensure it always opens fully. I bent my light bracket down w the red bulb and very happy w the effect.

After all my efforts, the node board on rev 2 was not quite right, causing the clock to give crazy times. They replaced it, and all is as good as it can be in current state.

There will be some code down the road for it at some point (stated numerous times) to polish things a bit and address a few bugs. Both the topper and grandpa's lab can confuse itself on occasion currently.

The topper adds SO much to gameplay, interaction wise....I couldn't go back now. That, along with the lower playfield really set this game apart from others, imho....

#6975 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed...anything on that nylon will eventually gum it up (like a coil sleeve). If anything, I'd put a slight graphite dust on the door hinges...helped ensure it always opens fully. I bent my light bracket down w the red bulb and very happy w the effect.
After all my efforts, the node board on rev 2 was not quite right, causing the clock to give crazy times. They replaced it, and all is as good as it can be in current state.
There will be some code down the road for it at some point (stated numerous times) to polish things a bit and address a few bugs. Both the topper and grandpa's lab can confuse itself on occasion currently.
The topper adds SO much to gameplay, interaction wise....I couldn't go back now. That, along with the lower playfield really set this game apart from others, imho....

Thanks for the feedback about the node board on the topper. I will check it out next time I take the topper apart.. again!

Happy New Year to you and your family.

#6976 4 years ago

MANTO1975 I put purple behind Raven on the topper and red under the playfield Spot ramp

Still planning to mod my extra Raven head with red LED eyes at some point

#6977 4 years ago

Thanks for the reply’s everyone, good point, I didn’t think about the coil dust, so I’ll just leave that alone and just change the raven light to either red or purple.
Have a happy new year everyone,
Cheers
Trevor

#6978 4 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Same here. Just removed it and cleaned the underside with Novus 1 and a microfiber cloth. Be careful not to scratch it by using a paper towel, etc. Just make sure when you re-install , use the credit card method to make sure it's level with the playfield.

Novus 1 actually does indeed "repel" dust. I also use it on the dustcover of my vintage Dual turntable and it's actually evident how far less dust accumulates on it compared to surrounding objects. So it's not ALL marketing hype.

Shame they don't kill the flippers below when not being used. Not only for the dust issue but would also make the machine less noisy as you wouldn't needlessly be firing 4 coils at once.

TSPP is the worst culprit however with 5 noisy flippers always active.

-

#6979 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Novus 1 actually does indeed "repel" dust. I also use it on the dustcover of my vintage Dual turntable and it's actually evident how far less dust accumulates on it compared to surrounding objects. So it's not ALL marketing hype.
Shame they don't kill the flippers below when not being used. Not only for the dust issue but would also make the machine less noisy as you wouldn't needlessly be firing 4 coils at once.
TSPP is the worst culprit however with 5 noisy flippers always active.
-

You dont fire the bottom flippers unless you hit the bottom set if buttons. It just gets dirty in there because it's such a small confined space.

#6980 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You dont fire the bottom flippers unless you hit the bottom set if buttons.

Thanks for making me rethink this. You are correct. What I see in Grandpa's Lab ( I have it turned off) is the mini-balls being launched.

#6981 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It is actually dust from the Stern flipper rubbers. I removed and replaced with Titian silicone on the flippers and all other lower playfield rubber rings too. Now there is zero fog or dust and window always stays clear.

Would you be able to post some pics of the colors you got so I can see what it would look like? There's a purple kit for the premium on titan's website but I'm just not so sure about going all purple etc...Anyone else have a different color set of rubbers feel free to post. The glow sounds cool. Anyone used those?

#6982 4 years ago

On the lower play field, when I make the right ramp shot, most of the time the opt switch does not register. I believe it has to do with the speed the ball is traveling. When slow and in test works fine. When going fast does not seem to register. Any one else have this problem? Fix?

#6983 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

On the lower play field, when I make the right ramp shot, most of the time the opt switch does not register. I believe it has to do with the speed the ball is traveling. When slow and in test works fine. When going fast does not seem to register. Any one else have this problem? Fix?

I used a piece of 3/4" wide black velco (softer side of the two) about 3" long and stuck it in the ramp on the outer wall that the ball rides against to slow it down through that turn. I started it at the beginning of the hairpin turn. Now it registers more then 95% of the times, but you still will get the occasional speed demon through.

#6984 4 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Would you be able to post some pics of the colors you got so I can see what it would look like? There's a purple kit for the premium on titan's website but I'm just not so sure about going all purple etc...Anyone else have a different color set of rubbers feel free to post. The glow sounds cool. Anyone used those?

Hard to get a good pick, since taking a photo, from 2 reflecting surfaces. Lol

All purple and they look good in my opinion. But having said that, I have glow on the top PF and they look good too.

C28E69D5-7E30-4276-B0FA-124863FA603F (resized).jpegC28E69D5-7E30-4276-B0FA-124863FA603F (resized).jpeg
#6985 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Hard to get a good pick, since taking a photo, from 2 reflecting surfaces. Lol
All purple and they look good in my opinion. But having said that, I have glow on the top PF and they look good too.[quoted image]

dude! huge thank you for the pic. I'm digging the purp. in the lab & topside glow sounds cool too. I think all purp'd out could be a bit much. Looks great man thank you!

#6986 4 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

dude! huge thank you for the pic. I'm digging the purp. in the lab & topside glow sounds cool too. I think all purp'd out could be a bit much. Looks great man thank you!

This is a bit of Titan fun colors. Here is how I did the top PF. Themed the Dracula area in Titan orange for flames. Did Lilly area in purple for her color. Slings and lower area all in glow green., Herman’s and kitty area in glow green. Grandpa’s lab in purple. Although after your photo request, think I’ll do the 2 post in glow green instead of black. Hope you find this fun, because I sure do. Happy 2020 Munsters! Great game and fun for the whole family and friends.
020E5FFE-D7A2-4A3B-A391-6A1BC6DC4A8B (resized).jpeg020E5FFE-D7A2-4A3B-A391-6A1BC6DC4A8B (resized).jpeg4C220F1A-DAB4-4F13-A027-FD5D337266D3 (resized).jpeg4C220F1A-DAB4-4F13-A027-FD5D337266D3 (resized).jpeg9D9ED32F-0608-4B8F-8909-B6247EBB5132 (resized).jpeg9D9ED32F-0608-4B8F-8909-B6247EBB5132 (resized).jpegEF4F6DB8-5EAF-442C-A74B-7AD2AAC59E9F (resized).jpegEF4F6DB8-5EAF-442C-A74B-7AD2AAC59E9F (resized).jpeg

#6987 4 years ago

Does anyone have a link or know where to purchase the 5v bulb for the topper? I have decided to install a purple bulb for the raven but our supplier in Australia doesn't carry this bulb.
cheers
Trevor

#6988 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Does anyone have a link or know where to purchase the 5v bulb for the topper? I have decided to install a purple bulb for the raven but our supplier in Australia doesn't carry this bulb.
cheers
Trevor

Pinball Life carries them.

#6989 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I used a piece of 3/4" wide black velco (softer side of the two) about 3" long and stuck it in the ramp on the outer wall that the ball rides against to slow it down through that turn. I started it at the beginning of the hairpin turn. Now it registers more then 95% of the times, but you still will get the occasional speed demon through.

Thanks, I tried this over the weekend and a big improvement. Not perfect as you mentioned, but much better.

#6990 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

There was a mod to fix that...cover for the ramp... right??

#6991 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Thanks, I tried this over the weekend and a big improvement. Not perfect as you mentioned, but much better.

Quoted from sulli10:

Mine does the same thing.Do you think the ball is flying to high on the ramp. Will try what you guys said ,but I want it to be reversible.

#6992 4 years ago
Quoted from locksmith:

Mine does the same thing.Do you think the ball is flying to high on the ramp. Will try what you guys said ,but I want it to be reversible.

Definitely reversible. Just peal off the Velcro. I think it is a speed versus ball height thing but if there is a cover , I would try it

#6993 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This topper is really good. It's worth the 425.00 because it's so interactive and it's also really nice. My new IMDN topper that I just got that cost 399.00.....its worth 200 max.

Did the Maiden topper work out of the box with no issues?

#6994 4 years ago
Quoted from locksmith:

This fixed mine...

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0093-00

#6996 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Did the Maiden topper work out of the box with no issues?

Yes but all it does is light up. Kinda hard to F that up lol. It dont have all the stuff going on that the Munsters topper does.

#6997 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Still waiting for them to go back on sale on the Stern site....

Anyone heard when Stern will have these back in stock?

#6998 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes but all it does is light up. Kinda hard to F that up lol. It dont have all the stuff going on that the Munsters topper does.

Who-Dey, can you post a picture of your black and white Premium with the topper? I’m contemplating purchasing a topper and it doesn’t look likely that Stern will offer a black and white version.

#6999 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Who-Dey, can you post a picture of your black and white Premium with the topper? I’m contemplating purchasing a topper and it doesn’t look likely that Stern will offer a black and white version.

Nevermind, I found a pic that you posted earlier in this thread.

#7000 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Nevermind, I found a pic that you posted earlier in this thread.

Let me know if you need anymore pics. I am at work right now but I will be glad to help you with anything you need. I think the topper looks just fine on the black and white premium.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/140?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.